11/22: BG/SoS/Mag (Gold League Round 6)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Guys. I am gonna transfer to BG again because their PPT is bigger and size matters. I don’t wanna fight anymore… I just want to afk in East Keep on a treb spamming 2 for days into Southeast Tower all night because I want to keep PPT stronk. If they attack my treb, no big deal, I will hop on a well-placed arrowcart and scare them away. If they manage to take down my treb, also no big deal, because I ask in map chat and someone will send me 20 superior for being a good team player!

Bee Gee is the life for mee

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Guys. I am gonna transfer to BG again because their PPT is bigger and size matters. I don’t wanna fight anymore… I just want to afk in East Keep on a treb spamming 2 for days into Southeast Tower all night because I want to keep PPT stronk. If they attack my treb, no big deal, I will hop on a well-placed arrowcart and scare them away. If they manage to take down my treb, also no big deal, because I ask in map chat and someone will send me 20 superior for being a good team player!

Go to bread already. (But stay away from Breadgate you sound like you’ll eat their siege for lols)

The sarcasm runs deep in you…

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

Real Blackgate players dont want karma trains, so gtfo tyvm.

My initial response was far angrier in tone so I am reposting it after taking a dose of my own medicine.

Is that how you want to represent our server? gtfo? I made a comment about the majority of the people in the borderlands maps this week. People who are still a part of Blackgate, people who make Blackgate a great all around server (we are tier 1 in WvW and PvE). Elitism is one thing, but your tone has no place in the conversation in my opinion.

BG wvw core guilds/players do not want a karma train. You would only hear most of these guys if you were on TS. Map chat is usually more loaded with AP hunters constantly calling out “can haz karma train pl0x?!”. Honestly, those of us who want to play the mode as intended (vast majority of actual steady WvW players) are burnt out from hearing this since day 1 of season 1. So, I won’t tell you to gtfo, but please stop asking for a karma train, and instead hop on TS and earn your WXP/AP the legit way.

Again my comment was about the general person on the map. I am in TS, I am earning my karma the legit way, and I am following commanders (even bad ones). I also have not asked for karma trains.

I am very appreciative of what our war council does and the time they put in, but that type of vitriol towards the militia is unneeded and unhealthy for our server. That is my point. You can say that Karma train is unhealthy without stooping to “GFTO” your ruining my game state levels.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Bloody PVE’rs just want to karma train everything! APs were the worst addition to wvw.

I agree achieves have no place in WvW. I am however incredibly lucky that they got in this time. I never did any WvW before the season and it is now all I want to do. I will be here fighting when the season is over, on teamspeak, running builds as needed and sticking to the commanders tag like glue or roaming with havoc.

So in my opinion, the positive outcome is that there is a influx of new WvWers for after the season. But yes achieves in WvW are sooo bad, if there are anymore they need to be done in like 5 minutes so the queues can unclog again.

I disagree on the achievements. For the less populated servers, it’s an opportunity to get new players in. Just the other day another new person was publicly stating they were new and needed help. I believe it was EP that immediately took them under their wing. I think it is only an inconvenience to a server just about full with wvw guild transfers and is an annoyance to them. But us lower servers don’t mind.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

Great fun tonight, thanks!

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Had some good fights in SoS BL this morning, sorry for any enemies i was 1v1ing and ended up getting ran over by other people on my server, i tried telling them to stop -.- Also to the AuZ (AuX cant remember which one at this point) on SoS, thanks for your 3-4 man group getting in the way of my 1v1 with a mag mesmer, though, I can understand why you needed to jump considering I almost downed both your thieves when during your 3v1.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

Go to bread already. (But stay away from Breadgate you sound like you’ll eat their siege for lols)

Anger clouds the mind cuddles… :/

Snuggles gently

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Bloody PVE’rs just want to karma train everything! APs were the worst addition to wvw.

I agree achieves have no place in WvW. I am however incredibly lucky that they got in this time. I never did any WvW before the season and it is now all I want to do. I will be here fighting when the season is over, on teamspeak, running builds as needed and sticking to the commanders tag like glue or roaming with havoc.

So in my opinion, the positive outcome is that there is a influx of new WvWers for after the season. But yes achieves in WvW are sooo bad, if there are anymore they need to be done in like 5 minutes so the queues can unclog again.

I disagree on the achievements. For the less populated servers, it’s an opportunity to get new players in. Just the other day another new person was publicly stating they were new and needed help. I believe it was EP that immediately took them under their wing. I think it is only an inconvenience to a server just about full with wvw guild transfers and is an annoyance to them. But us lower servers don’t mind.

Ques are not the problem, it is PVE’rs coming in wvw to karma train for APs. Population isn’t an issue.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Anger clouds the mind cuddles… :/

Snuggles gently

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

:D

snuggles back

Just a touch sleepy :P

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Guardian kites from ele for 2 minutes till its 1v3. Still goes down. Laughs when team saves him. #T1roaming

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

Guardian kites from ele for 2 minutes till its 1v3. Still goes down. Laughs when team saves him. #T1roaming

If your being kited by a guardian your doing something wrong…

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParasiTTe.7643

ParasiTTe.7643

If you’re being kited by a Guardian you should start bringing more people to your zerg

Phoenix Mask — [VR]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Zephyrus.9680

Lol no. Try killing running full tank guardian with 3 stacks of bloodlust when most of your damage and all cc is melee range. It doesn’t matter that you’re hitting him with a zerker set, still takes minutes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

I play with my monitor off.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurika.6751

Aurika.6751

I had to chase a Mag guardian across the map for three minutes until it was a 1v3 (that became 1v5 a few seconds later). He still gets stomped. He laughed during the chase/fight but was not saved.

Sladi [TW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

I play with my monitor off.

Really? ME TOO! But ony cos either my video card or processor (or both) have died….

Wtb new computer rite nao!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Zephyrus.9680

Getting infected by JQ’s “roaming” meta.The only solution is a 24/7 fight club!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Ques are not the problem, it is PVE’rs coming in wvw to karma train for APs. Population isn’t an issue.

We flushed out all our PvE’rs during the 2 weeks of JQ love we got. We are getting a lot of casuals into the game and now we just need to get them up to speed. That and get them to roll something other than rangers (SoSBl is covered in bear droppings) and things will be fun for a good while to come.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Lol no. Try killing running full tank guardian with 3 stacks of bloodlust when most of your damage and all cc is melee range. It doesn’t matter that you’re hitting him with a zerker set, still takes minutes.

Their weakness is Chill. Stack em up , ram them in, and watch em cry

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

Or anything that can move at more than regular speed -.-

Also, @Zeph: Kiting does not mean face tanking you… which is what it sounds like happened.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

(edited by Bash.7291)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Where teh choo choo at?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Where teh choo choo at?

They left to play Donkey Kong on the NES. True Story.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

ReverendChan.8467

Where teh choo choo at?

They left to play Donkey Kong on the NES. True Story.

Hahaha, those foolz… I would have picked Duck Hunt. :/

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

My initial response was far angrier in tone so I am reposting it after taking a dose of my own medicine.

Is that how you want to represent our server? gtfo? I made a comment about the majority of the people in the borderlands maps this week. People who are still a part of Blackgate, people who make Blackgate a great all around server (we are tier 1 in WvW and PvE). Elitism is one thing, but your tone has no place in the conversation in my opinion.

BG wvw core guilds/players do not want a karma train. You would only hear most of these guys if you were on TS. Map chat is usually more loaded with AP hunters constantly calling out “can haz karma train pl0x?!”. Honestly, those of us who want to play the mode as intended (vast majority of actual steady WvW players) are burnt out from hearing this since day 1 of season 1. So, I won’t tell you to gtfo, but please stop asking for a karma train, and instead hop on TS and earn your WXP/AP the legit way.

Again my comment was about the general person on the map. I am in TS, I am earning my karma the legit way, and I am following commanders (even bad ones). I also have not asked for karma trains.

I am very appreciative of what our war council does and the time they put in, but that type of vitriol towards the militia is unneeded and unhealthy for our server. That is my point. You can say that Karma train is unhealthy without stooping to “GFTO” your ruining my game state levels.

Fair enough, see you on the field then.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Match-ups

Zephyrus.9680

Also, @Zeph: Kiting does not mean face tanking you… which is what it sounds like happened.

I guess not every guard is as squishy as yours. And true, kiting implies he was still trying to fight which he was not. He was full out running. Kind of lost the point though.

Anyway I did finally find some excellent fights with BG after so… faith partially restored.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

at times i do agree with SOR in their definition of roaming, it is just players with cheesy builds fighting with another cheesy build see whose build is cheesiest.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Too hard, trying you are… maybe you speak yoda?

.25/10 troll attempt

in Match-ups

Winzzy.9435

.25/10 troll attempt

Something wrong about mixing fractions and decimals…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

.25/10 troll attempt

that’s the best trolling you can do? really? you should have stuck with the zerging, buying, spawn camping, and pvt more fun to read.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Bash.7291

I guess not every guard is as squishy as yours. And true, kiting implies he was still trying to fight which he was not. He was full out running. Kind of lost the point though.

Anyway I did finally find some excellent fights with BG after so… faith partially restored.

I’m trying to figure out where I said I was squishy, would you mind pointing that out for me? Also, which is it, he kited you, he was super tanky and you couldn’t kill him fast enough, or he ran? I mean, each post seems to change. :P

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Winzzy.9435

.25/10 troll attempt

that’s the best trolling you can do? really? you should have stuck with the zerging, buying, spawn camping, and pvt more fun to read.

Wha?? That wasn’t trolling, I am serious! Mixing fractions and decimals is an abomination against humanity!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Are you guys seriously talking about math?

Attachments:

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

.25/10 troll attempt

Wha?? That wasn’t trolling, I am serious! Mixing fractions and decimals is an abomination against humanity!

I don’t have any PvF ammo against Mags or SoS. They just too small, never really fought you before, and I dont give a rats kitten about roaming.

But this guy speaks the truth. I think you just killed a puppy by mixing fractions and decimals.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Hmmm, aren’t you that Ranger player I’ve beaten on my dueling account?

Why yes, you are.

Looking forward to your response. Perhaps a video link about slavery this time?

lol bragging about beating a ranger? I’ll duel you on your ‘dueling account’ lets do this. I’ll play my awesome ranger even.

Think I remember you as well. Axe+Torch+Wolf?

Already done you over.

Try again. Last time I dueled was about a month ago on my necro. It’s ok to be scared.

Comprehension lesson. I said I thought remembered you on a Ranger, not that it was the ‘last time’ you lost. I note the lack of denials from you, tho.

‘It’s ok to be scared’ Does that work at recess?

Comprehension lesson. I said “try again” because, you thought wrong.

Whenever you get the courage to duel, message me in game. I’m going to bed.

Edit: I can only post every 900 seconds, not waiting around for that so I’m editing my post.

You showed him!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

i think the best part of this thread are all these “i’m totally not mad at these words i’m reading” posts.

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

If you dont like it, gtfo.. please.. is that better?

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Pretty please with sugar on top!

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

ReverendChan.8467

There goes Veretta imposing his communist will upon people again…

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]

in Match-ups

Zephyrus.9680

at times i do agree with SOR in their definition of roaming, it is just players with cheesy builds fighting with another cheesy build see whose build is cheesiest.

Idk I don’t buy that. Maybe some classes and builds are more 1-dimensional than others but a duel between 2 good players can usually go either way. It’s mostly up to individual skill which is what makes it fun.

When I’m solo roaming against T1 I die maybe once every 15 minutes when I’m suicidal. When zerging it’s more like once every 2+ hours. To enjoy dueling/solo roaming you have enjoy the fight itself and not be scared of losing, sometimes a lot. It seems most people are though.

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

We gotta rule this kitten with an iron fist!

But I’m with Smokee though, I really can’t wait for seasons to be over. I feel the season stuff did more harm to the pvp community then actually helping it. Lot of players that normally pvp 24/7 have just not been keen to go in, which really says enough.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I don’t have any PvF ammo against Mags or SoS. They just too small, never really fought you before, and I dont give a rats kitten about roaming.

[/quote]

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Match-ups

ReverendChan.8467

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

But I’m with Smokee though, I really can’t wait for seasons to be over. I feel the season stuff did more harm to the pvp community then actually helping it. Lot of players that normally pvp 24/7 have just not been keen to go in, which really says enough.

I don’t see WvW being the same as PvP (because I’ve mostly only sPvP’ed from launch to middle of this year). Albeit it is based around PvP gameplay/aspects, but when you add the objectives and other modifiers it isn’t really the same. I also don’t believe the WvW community is the same as the PvP community, and I’m pretty sure all whom have been playing since paid queues that are in the actual community for sPvP would agree.

I can’t really speak on behalf of the sPvP community, but I know our guild (mostly r50+ if not r60+ sPvP players) on BG whilst we aren’t happy with the queues it isn’t something we are really going to complain about because it isn’t really going to solve anything. We just solo que or team que in sPvP (might be a solid recommendation). When we complained/still complain about the way sPvP is going it generally feels like it goes unheard unless grouch or someone attempts to get something across. Also as irritating as it is to wait for hours to get into WvW it isn’t something I am going to hold the rest of the BG community (like PvEerz) hostage for. It isn’t their fault Anet put shiney dangling keys in the WvW aspects of the game, and Anet didn’t do anything to adjust the amount you are able to que or the new map yet.

I guess you can at least look at the bright side that the new Fractals launch today, and that will give the PvEerz something to hold their interest for a bit so we can get in quicker? :P

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]

in Match-ups

Winzzy.9435

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

I don’t see WvW being the same as PvP (because I’ve mostly only sPvP’ed from launch to middle of this year). Albeit it is based around PvP gameplay/aspects, but when you add the objectives and other modifiers it isn’t really the same. I also don’t believe the WvW community is the same as the PvP community, and I’m pretty sure all whom have been playing since paid queues that are in the actual community for sPvP would agree.

I can’t really speak on behalf of the sPvP community, but I know our guild (mostly r50+ if not r60+ sPvP players) on BG whilst we aren’t happy with the queues it isn’t something we are really going to complain about because it isn’t really going to solve anything. We just solo que or team que in sPvP (might be a solid recommendation). When we complained/still complain about the way sPvP is going it generally feels like it goes unheard unless grouch or someone attempts to get something across. Also as irritating as it is to wait for hours to get into WvW it isn’t something I am going to hold the rest of the BG community (like PvEerz) hostage for. It isn’t their fault Anet put shiney dangling keys in the WvW aspects of the game, and Anet didn’t do anything to adjust the amount you are able to que or the new map yet.

I guess you can at least look at the bright side that the new Fractals launch today, and that will give the PvEerz something to hold their interest for a bit so we can get in quicker? :P

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Well said.

It is a step in the right direction at least.

in Match-ups

Zephyrus.9680

I’m trying to figure out where I said I was squishy, would you mind pointing that out for me? Also, which is it, he kited you, he was super tanky and you couldn’t kill him fast enough, or he ran? I mean, each post seems to change. :P

Pedantic or just clueless? Because wow. He ran to his friends while still in combat and taking hits. What’s your technical term for that?… Mine is “t1 maneuver” now. He used the classic T1 maneuver to outplay me and it rustled my jimmies a little knowing his tactics were superior.

“Or anything that can move at more than regular speed -.-” That’s the part where you suggested you were squishy. I realize the other option, unskilled, was statistically more likely but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Some players don’t realize you can look behind when running forward or else will just sit in big damage and get caught by every CC because they spammed their dodge rolls for no reason.

So if you want to prove otherwise pls duel :P Or just to have fun. You can choose thief or ele.

(edited by Zephyrus.9680)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

^^ made me lol @ work. I want this guy on my team. I know this guy will toss the grenade first and ask questions later.

~X [STUN]

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

ReverendChan.8467

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Well said.

It is a step in the right direction at least.

That was my logical/unbiased response of “gtfo… please…”. :/

In all seriousness though I think you kinda took their responses to mean more than what they actually are. Everyone who knows Smokee knows these are typical responses from him and Veretta… well he is communist… :/

Don’t get so serious over the forums you might haz a stroke and we don’t wan dat.

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

I’m sorry, I’m thought we were talking about wvw pvp in a match-up thread, spvp hadn’t even crossed my mind at all

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

If your being kited by a guardian your doing something wrong…

Thank you for your subtlety – you’re a hero of mine now!

Yours truely
Warthog

~~most annoying signature before a signature~~

HONK HONK bleep DOO DOO

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

^^ made me lol @ work. I want this guy on my team. I know this guy will toss the grenade first and ask questions later.

~X [STUN]

BG blamed some of their worst moments of the last 9 months solely upon his absence; so it’s safe to say everyone wants him on their team LOL

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Wednesday afternoon and Maguuma hasn’t declared victory yet. Maybe they’re waiting to see if they can pass SoS so they can claim some sort of victory that is measurable unlike “Our roamers are better so we are technically the winners this week”.

Props to folks on Maguuma who actually show up to fight (INC, VR, Pyro, Ark, etc).

Edit: someone had to ruin my day and remind me it’s not Wednesday. Cruel…just cruel.

(edited by Chris.3290)