11/22: BG/SoS/Mag (Gold League Round 6)

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Thank you to the BG Ele who chose to allow me to withdraw from the camp before initiating a 1v1 vs my necro. We fought to a mutual downed state and I am fully aware you could have chosen to zoom away rather than fall.

See you on the battlegrounds.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

I’m sorry, I’m thought we were talking about wvw pvp in a match-up thread, spvp hadn’t even crossed my mind at all

It is probably my fault. I’ve never really agreed with “PvP” being used so loosely in WvW when I don’t consider it a legitimate form of PvP (if some of you do I’m sorry to offend). I also feel using it detracts from the sPvP community because the game is becoming synonymous with WvW being the main form of PvP and that just isn’t true. That consensus being made is part of the problem and leads to the sPvP community becoming ignored/alienated largely as a whole (it haz been for some time nao).

The WvW community hasn’t really been faced yet with any “real” downers until now. It for the most part is just server ups/downs. It for the most part has largely been catered to by comparison with sPvP. When you have your entire reward system taken away, and the only teams being one or so super pug conglomerates of PvP regulars THEN I’d probably start being a bit concerned over the state/welfare of your gamemode. :/

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Literally a million BG inside Obsidian Sanctum right now. Either they all fight in the arena or none do, rip.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Icebot.6103

Icebot.6103

Wednesday afternoon and Maguuma hasn’t declared victory yet. Maybe they’re waiting to see if they can pass SoS so they can claim some sort of victory that is measurable unlike “Our roamers are better so we are technically the winners this week”.

Props to folks on Maguuma who actually show up to fight (INC, VR, Pyro, Ark, etc).

First off, it is Tuesday, let’s not get ahead of ourselves buckaroo.

Second, Mag showed what they could do yesterday, they flipped BG’s BL and kicked the kitten out of us for the better part of NA, and reclaimed the PPT lead for second place right before NA / OCX switch.

I am not sure why you feel the need to be so antagonistic, I’ve always enjoyed fighting Mag, and I can’t wait for the match-up next week and further match-ups with Mag, FA and YB.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Literally a million BG inside Obsidian Sanctum right now. Either they all fight in the arena or none do, rip.

It is a new feature, of course we are going to swarm to it and check it out. I am sure there will be order to it in a day or so once the “ooooooo shiney” wears off. I am looking forward to getting some good duels now that we actually have an area to do so.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Boonprot.6274

It is a new feature, of course we are going to swarm to it and check it out. I am sure there will be order to it in a day or so once the “ooooooo shiney” wears off. I am looking forward to getting some good duels now that we actually have an area to do so.

There is no dueling. There’s BG sitting at their teleport, waiting for a critical mass of 10+ people, and then all streaming down to swarm the 5 mag.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

I’m sorry, I’m thought we were talking about wvw pvp in a match-up thread, spvp hadn’t even crossed my mind at all

It is probably my fault. I’ve never really agreed with “PvP” being used so loosely in WvW when I don’t consider it a legitimate form of PvP (if some of you do I’m sorry to offend). I also feel using it detracts from the sPvP community because the game is becoming synonymous with WvW being the main form of PvP and that just isn’t true. That consensus being made is part of the problem and leads to the sPvP community becoming ignored/alienated largely as a whole (it haz been for some time nao).

The WvW community hasn’t really been faced yet with any “real” downers until now. It for the most part is just server ups/downs. It for the most part has largely been catered to by comparison with sPvP. When you have your entire reward system taken away, and the only teams being one or so super pug conglomerates of PvP regulars THEN I’d probably start being a bit concerned over the state/welfare of your gamemode. :/

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

How you feel is how we feel, just because your main focus on this game is different to ours doesn’t mean that we feel different to the way the developers approach the game.

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

Arena is alrdy being used to duel in.

Are there any guilds interested in GvG? in game mail Odinzu or Oppinzu

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

There is no dueling. There’s BG sitting at their teleport, waiting for a critical mass of 10+ people, and then all streaming down to swarm the 5 mag.

You seem upset? please show on the doll where the 10 BG touched you.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: ReverendChan.8467

ReverendChan.8467

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

How you feel is how we feel, just because your main focus on this game is different to ours doesn’t mean that we feel different to the way the developers approach the game.

I guess that is comforting. It just goes to show you communists do have hearts behind that iron fist… awwwwww….. <3 :P

Most Adorable Necro NA,
Schnigle <3

Most Adorable Na [chan]
Cutest Necro of Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Over the last 400+ days I have had the chance to face a fair selection of server opponents.

IMHO, Mags is at least as good individually as any server I have faced. I would even rate their ingame performance as better than their PvF performances.

( always a good read )

Keep at it SoS and Mags players, this is not done yet! ( BG can play as well if they wish )

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in Match-ups

Boonprot.6274

You seem upset? please show on the doll where the 10 BG touched you.

In the no-no place, obviously. Would be nice if the BG would stop blobbing so we can actually get to the duel arena ! !

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Props to folks on Maguuma who actually show up to fight (INC, VR, Pyro, Ark, etc).

That’s Maguuma’s entire WvW population you just listed.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

Unfortunately i don’t see the “blobbing” in the new area stopping yet , at least not for the next couple of days , especially when you consider how hard its been for us BGers to find enemies to fight , people are bored out of their minds which means they’d go anywhere they know people would be.

As Veretta pointed out the other day , i would love to be on Mag or SOS right now just because of the fact that there are so many people from Blackgate to kill out there but then again most of you do not like being outnumbered in a fight.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

(edited by TheThiefMaster.3812)

in Match-ups

Posted by: NeroGuilt.4720

NeroGuilt.4720

So everytime I make a post about duels…it gets deleted? Way to support your players skill improvement anet, gg.

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Wednesday afternoon and Maguuma hasn’t declared victory yet. Maybe they’re waiting to see if they can pass SoS so they can claim some sort of victory that is measurable unlike “Our roamers are better so we are technically the winners this week”.

Second, Mag showed what they could do yesterday, they flipped BG’s BL and kicked the kitten out of us for the better part of NA, and reclaimed the PPT lead for second place right before NA / OCX switch.

I am not sure why you feel the need to be so antagonistic, I’ve always enjoyed fighting Mag, and I can’t wait for the match-up next week and further match-ups with Mag, FA and YB.

I believe you are giving credit to the wrong server.
Because it was SoS who flipped the bg bl and the t3 garrison when i was in 16 or so hours ago.
Its not that hard to flip towers others turned into paper and mag has that knack for following blobs from a safe distance to do that.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Will sell body to never ever face Yak’s Bend again.

Most Irrelevant Sig NA,
Snafu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

They give as much crap as they take. As I said in my post, there is a difference between the awesome people on Mags who bring the pain; and those who wait to lawyer the match after the fact.
My snark is aimed at the latter.

@robocafaz; I won’t name any names, but there are some known guild names from Mag that I have only seen running away during this match.

(edited by Chris.3290)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

That’s Maguuma’s entire WvW population you just listed.

wow deany, you’re now #1 on the de|rp hitlist

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

This is so unfair! Maguuma and SoS don’t drop enough loot bags! They’re always dead but I think their drop rate is bugged or something. Please bugfix, thanx!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Edit: someone had to ruin my day and remind me it’s not Wednesday. Cruel…just cruel.

Winning due to coverage is kind of like winning a height contest.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Edit: someone had to ruin my day and remind me it’s not Wednesday. Cruel…just cruel.

We were born with coverage?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

@Chris it is Wednesday,I dont know what backwater Icebot lives on but he needs to catch up to the real world :P

@Paralda are they still not letting you on those rides

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

So…about this awesome roaming guild I keep hearing about from BG – Riot. I haven’t seen them much. At most, I saw one guy running with the pugs. Do they still roam? If yes, around what time and with how many? This is Mag second time facing BG, probably the last for this season so maybe they will come out and play.

Stop giving me blue balls!

You can always check out our stream to see if we are on and where. Link in my sig.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

(edited by Boulderbolg.3460)

in Match-ups

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

[WM] thanks SoS + Magumma roaming groups for nice open field fights last night about 12am KST

Fun fighting + no blobbing

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

what started out as a fight club between mostly SoS and Mag at the new EB JP arena is now oPP interrupting duels with their sick 5man skill group. why am i not surprised?

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

Finally a skirmish and it seems everybody is enjoying it! No walls, no guards…

Not to mention, it’s the very first day. Everybody is eager to go in and have a look. You can’t expect people to play by made up rules straight away. My tip, just come back tomorrow or go to your same old spot for the duels

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

What is going to be the catalyst to start this

Attachments:

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

<— this person

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

OPP kings of immobalize stacking and 10v1s.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Beautiful

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serr.1853

Serr.1853

I didn’t think there was 10 people in OPP…must be mes clones cause I’ve never seen it.

[Whoa] Wipe Hard On Ambients

in Match-ups

Posted by: eksn.7264

eksn.7264

Finally a skirmish and it seems everybody is enjoying it! No walls, no guards…

Not to mention, it’s the very first day. Everybody is eager to go in and have a look. You can’t expect people to play by made up rules straight away. My tip, just come back tomorrow or go to your same old spot for the duels

Says the guy who randomly attacked me when I was just watching duels and clearly had no intention to fight? It’s not about playing by made up rules, it’s about not being an kitten to other players. But hey, if killing players not fighting back is what makes you feel good about yourself, who am I to judge.

Noz

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I am sick of the game and don’t want to play anymore, but if I don’t finish either the Keep or Stonemist achievement I don’t get the big chest. Oh PPT’ers of Maguuma, please help me.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

Says the guy who randomly attacked me when I was just watching duels and clearly had no intention to fight? It’s not about playing by made up rules, it’s about not being an kitten to other players. But hey, if killing players not fighting back is what makes you feel good about yourself, who am I to judge.

Welcome to World vs World my friend. A place where people attack each other and if you do down, you get back up and try again!

in Match-ups

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I am sick of the game and don’t want to play anymore, but if I don’t finish either the Keep or Stonemist achievement I don’t get the big chest. Oh PPT’ers of Maguuma, please help me.

Should be able to get them on Friday Flip Day. Usually there is a farm.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

DE|RP is just an old folk tale Maguumies tell their kids to make them behave.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Well I think we gave a proper welcome to the new arena today. Those brawls were some of the best fun in weeks.

Most Irrelevant Guardian NA,
Snafu </3

in Match-ups

NeroGuilt.4720

Somebody not bad, please duel me. I crave a good fight. But everyone is scared.

in Match-ups

Gully.7358

Well I think we gave a proper welcome to the new arena today. Those brawls were some of the best fun in weeks.

Most Irrelevant Guardian NA,
Snafu </3

Exactly! I was saying to the guild that eventhough the roaming had sucked the last few weeks (with a few good moments), this made up for it big time.

in Match-ups

NeroGuilt.4720

Duels!!!! Does anyone know what that is anymore? We need them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

haha!!

Attachments:

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in Match-ups

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

LOL, also you forgot iLL and BT, these guys likes to duel for 5 mins and after that theyd attack people randomly.

and to the guy who posted that says when Maguuma drop rate is bad, i agree with that. my entire time fighting them i rarely get badge or heavy bag, mostly tattered hide, small spike, small claw. i mean wtf.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

NeroGuilt.4720

LOL, also you forgot iLL and BT, these guys likes to duel for 5 mins and after that theyd attack people randomly.

and to the guy who posted that says when Maguuma drop rate is bad, i agree with that. my entire time fighting them i rarely get badge or heavy bag, mostly tattered hide, small spike, small claw. i mean wtf.

Actually buddy, i don’t know what part of iLL you have seen, but it obviously isn’t the good players.

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

because the only people you can kill are uplevels?

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Are you that first op necro called nero something that is impossible for me to defeat? This is Heidia.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

NeroGuilt.4720

Are you that first op necro called nero something that is impossible for me to defeat? This is Heidia.

No, I don’t have a necro.

in Match-ups

Posted by: toymachine.1673

toymachine.1673

Anyone interested in any 2v2 duels whisper me ingame (btw im on BG server)

(edited by toymachine.1673)

in Match-ups

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

because the only people you can kill are uplevels?

im not sure what to make of this statement but you are asking me if the people i killed and can kill are uplevels? well if you would consider your roamers, VR, Ark, iLL, DE – RP, BT, INC and PYRO and some great guild less ones, then im guilty then of killing such uplevels.

Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

What I really like about Blackgate is the strong sense of server identity. For most of us, when we say I did this or I did that, we are talking about ourselves in the singular. But not Blackgate. When Blackgate says I did this or I did that, they mean they and their server mates did it together, but they don’t make that distinction. They view the one as the whole and the whole as the one. It’s really a very positive outlook that more servers should adopt.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma