11/22: BG/SoS/Mag (Gold League Round 6)

in Match-ups

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

1v1’s happening in Obsidian Sanctum Arena

Have never seen so many condi necros in 1 place

All hail the ruling 1v1 class. OP but maybe One day they will nerf conditions duration food to 20%. Right now warriors who are 65% immune to conditions and 98% immune to movement conditions using runes of melandru and food, a traited necro can chain fear for 9 seconds if you CC them and apply signet of spite to last for 15+ seconds. So without negative condition food you can’t fight necro with – condition food they still get 20k more health from death shroud.

you can beat a condi necro with ax/horn hammer with shout heals soldiers runes and warhorn conversion.

Yes basically only thing that beats a condition necro is a warrior made to counter conditions. On an engineer, ranger, thief or Mesmer clearing conditions or fear is a lot harder. In sPvP however where Condi duration food is unavailable I do fine against a necro with almost all classes named above.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

(edited by D best.3547)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

I don’t think people realize that backstabbing me periodically will not increase my likelihood of wanting to duel you

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

FA stuff

I was there and you definitely weren’t trying to tank – those were two exhausting weeks right before the season!
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/38/113

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExCode.6370

ExCode.6370

Fun fights over in Mag Bl, REV. We need to organize some fights some time.

Would definitely be down for that. Thanks for the fights, it was great finding a similarly-sized group out there tonight.

Stef – Guild Leader of Revel [REV] – Blackgate
http://www.revelguild.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

The last time SoS had a +600ppt against a server was IoJ-HoD(post implosion) over a year ago;

Felt like digging this up because i can’t sleep

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/38/105
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/38/91

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: twog.8106

twog.8106

Thanks for the fights mag and sos guilds, its been real.

-EE

Commander Two Gallants.
EE leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

I don’t think people realize that backstabbing me periodically will not increase my likelihood of wanting to duel you

….backstabs Comprissent

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rai.2310

Rai.2310

SCORE UPDATE! ressing our BG buddy who got left out to dry by his… so called buddies

Attachments:

Pirate sailing on the Sea of Swag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karmablah.4531

Karmablah.4531

No respect to ICoa and KnT scrubs that try to gank spectators during a gvg in Obsidian Sanctum then run away to their zerg crowd when they fail.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

Thank you for the GvG [CB]!
Really really good close fight

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

Thank you for the GvG [Omen] & [WM], shout out to WM for the well fought battle :p

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

Great GvG’s tonight from KNT, CNB, CB, Omen and WM!

Amarathy
[ETA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate! Don’t eat toooo much!

See you around late late tonight after everyone wakes up from their turkey comas!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hydrobutter.9172

Hydrobutter.9172

Fun fights over in Mag Bl, REV. We need to organize some fights some time.

Would definitely be down for that. Thanks for the fights, it was great finding a similarly-sized group out there tonight.

Hit me up ingame and we’ll work something out

Radio
Co-Guildleader: Wobbly Cat Squad [WCS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: flickky.2634

flickky.2634

No respect to ICoa and KnT scrubs that try to gank spectators during a gvg in Obsidian Sanctum then run away to their zerg crowd when they fail.

We had a lot of ‘spectators’ that attempted to interrupt the GvG last night (looking at you Maguumies), so lCoa and KnT who weren’t participating in the GvG kindly stepped in to help. Although I have to say, Agg ‘starting a riot in the bleachers’ was hilarious.

Much love to CnB for the funsies last night. Awesome to use the new Obsidian Sanctum <3

Flickky / Landsplash
[TwitchTV] [Twitter]
Oceanic Leader of [KnT] Knights of the Temple ~ Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: NeroGuilt.4720

NeroGuilt.4720

Blackgate needs to have a talk to their populace about what duel’s are, seriously. A lot of yall are good, but yall really need to teach the bads.

in Match-ups

Posted by: flickky.2634

flickky.2634

Blackgate needs to have a talk to their populace about what duel’s are, seriously. A lot of yall are good, but yall really need to teach the bads.

Every server will have their rotten apples

If you find a pattern of one guild constantly doing it though, maybe contact one of their Officers/GM.

Flickky / Landsplash
[TwitchTV] [Twitter]
Oceanic Leader of [KnT] Knights of the Temple ~ Blackgate

in Match-ups

NeroGuilt.4720

Every server will have their rotten apples

If you find a pattern of one guild constantly doing it though, maybe contact one of their Officers/GM.

It isn’t normally a pattern, and it’s sad when most the people i duel from BG, hate the rest of BG. Oh, and they are scared to 1v1 because they know they will get rolled. What’s the point in acting stupid if you can’t back it up? Just another noob splattered.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The last time SoS had a +600ppt against a server was IoJ-HoD(post implosion) over a year ago;

Felt like digging this up because i can’t sleep

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/38/105
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/38/91

We had +600 all day, that’s what I meant.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Anyone else tired of hearing about duels, 1v1, and gvg in WORLD vs WORLD vs WORLD?

I mean its almost as if 1v1, duels, or gvg isn’t the main purpose of WORLD vs WORLD vs WORLD….who would of thought….

Some people are playing the wrong game type…. TPVP is that way —-→.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

^^ … reminds me of something… now what was that … oh yes that’s it …

“Excuse me, your GvG is violating my game mode!”

incoming … icon popper. That was joke light, don’t take offense pls.

Also, Mags… is duel this duel that, you not duel I gank you … Ark looking for 15s. Sums it up. and SoS has EP and CB very keen GvG guilds.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

Anyone else tired of hearing about duels, 1v1, and gvg in WORLD vs WORLD vs WORLD?

I mean its almost as if 1v1, duels, or gvg isn’t the main purpose of WORLD vs WORLD vs WORLD….who would of thought….

Some people are playing the wrong game type…. TPVP is that way —-->.

Were you by any chance the dev that interfered with a gvg?

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Yes, but unfortunately the only way to get a fight out of Mag is to come to this thread and make an appointment first.

You should have learned last match up that on Maguuma, “doesn’t play for ppt” really means “let’s gvg” and “roamer” means “hangs out at the windmill”.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

(edited by cyyrix.6105)

in Match-ups

DivineBeing.2086

Not a dev and no I try to avoid wasting my servers queue slot on hanging by the windmill lol.

I seriously shake my head everytime I hear someone complaining about their 1v1 being ruined though. If you want to pvp then there is a pvp system in place. They even banned foods and oils for yea.

And no, I don’t jump in if I am running by, unless a fellow BG player is being 2v1 or it was a clear gank and not a duel.

But yea, I am here to play WvW not PvP….where the objective is to get your number to be bigger than the other two numbers….yea….lol! XD

Blackgate

in Match-ups

NeroGuilt.4720

How can you hate on dueling? How dare me care more about personal skill than blobbing kitten. You learn how to player better in 1vX, not running around with 20 people.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

How can you hate on dueling? How dare me care more about personal skill than blobbing kitten. You learn how to player better in 1vX, not running around with 20 people.

There’s a game mode for that, sPvP.

I don’t play it because it’s way too restrictive. But I also don’t complain about 1v1’s being ruined in a map with, potentially, 140 enemies.

in Match-ups

NeroGuilt.4720

It’s respect. If you are in a area that EVERYONE knows people duel, and you see a 1v1 going on..what part of a person says, “Hey, I should really mess this up.” I just don’t understand that mindset.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

It’s respect. If you are in a area that EVERYONE knows people duel, and you see a 1v1 going on..what part of a person says, “Hey, I should really mess this up.” I just don’t understand that mindset.

Assuming you’re moderately experienced with the internet, you should at least understand its prevalence.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Some people are playing the wrong game type…. TPVP is that way —-->.

That depends, if it is WORLD vs karma train zerg vs no zerg, then yes, duels and gvgs are most interesting.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

NeroGuilt.4720

I don’t play it because it’s way too restrictive. But I also don’t complain about 1v1’s being ruined in a map with, potentially, 140 enemies.

This exactly.

You can say the same about ANY team game too. You do realize that right? “You only killed us because it was 3v2 because my other two teammates were on the other side of the map”, says the whiner in a 4v4 team game.

However, in THIS game mode one big mass zerg won’t (well shouldn’t if the enemies know anything about strategy) win you the game. Overall world strategy does.

So your personal skill level is on the super ultra professional level and you should be paid millions for it. Cool story. But that means jack crap when the game type you’re playing is….wait for it….WORLD vs WORLD vs WORLD.

Brag all you want about how awesome you are at duels and 1v1 but the goal of the game is to work AS A WORLD (aka team) and beat the other two worlds through overall score obtained by PPT measured by captured structures, not how many times you killed the enemy.

Basically, you are measuring skill on the wrong levels, your zerg wiped ours? You killed a ton of our players in a 1v1. Cool! Looks back at the scoreboard….I don’t see how that has any relevancy to this game type.

Oh wow. So, which server does the most PvD has the most skill? That is more narrow than me preferring 1v1 and 1vX. At no point did I say i was soooooooGEWDDDDDD ZERMG. I just prefer actually challenging myself. You can’t judge it by matchups when mag is so out of place in this, and if you do…that’s pretty sad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Brag all you want about how awesome you are at duels and 1v1 but the goal of the game is to work AS A WORLD (aka team) and beat the other two worlds through overall score obtained by PPT measured by captured structures, not how many times you killed the enemy.

But this ppt matchup was decided over a month ago. Measuring BG coverage against SOS and Mag is a stupid waste of time. Going against less coverage means you are probably going against better skilled opponents. That is what I have noticed with playing in the different tiers.

Looks back at the scoreboard….I don’t see how that has any relevancy to this game type.

This is what Black Gate transfers actually believe.

umm dude, I’m a BG transfer.

DivineBeing.2086 – you’re fantastic and I’ll give you 1 gold if you come to Maguuma.

Yeah. You can have him. This guy whos arguing about bg ppt vs sos/mag…. this shouldn’t even be a topic for discussion unless somehow one of them took the top ppt for a little while during the match.

I really dont think people understand that other than t1, most servers dont have a queue on more than eternal and maybe home BL if they are lucky. Most sub t1 servers have guilds that can play ppt and base a lot of their strategy in taking and holding multiple fronts on multiple borderlands. T1 doesn’t lend itself to this type of play because no single guild can hop maps and do this.

But any comparisons in this matchup with regards to ppt/score is stupid. Playing for ppt in this match is stupid. It is all beating a dead horse that was sent to the glue factory 6 weeks ago when the matches were announced. Mag and SOS both fought to get to gold league so that they could always have fights. I doubt they had any delusions on how the score would go or final placement for their servers like JQ and SOR. For 6 weeks they have been beaten down in score….Who cares??? They are getting constant fights.

But for members of BG to even mention PPT this week…. It boggles my mind. T! mentality I guess. This week could have been used for BG to sharpen small man roaming skills. Working outside of the persistent karma trains, looking for fights. try to win a few 5-8bg vs 10 mags/sos so we can really stomp jq and sor in PPT when PPT really matters.

(edited by eithinan.9841)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

This exactly.

You can say the same about ANY team game too. You do realize that right? “You only killed us because it was 3v2 because my other two teammates were on the other side of the map”, says the whiner in a 4v4 team game.

However, in THIS game mode one big mass zerg won’t (well shouldn’t if the enemies know anything about strategy) win you the game. Overall world strategy does.

So your personal skill level is on the super ultra professional level and you should be paid millions for it. Cool story. But that means jack crap when the game type you’re playing is….wait for it….WORLD vs WORLD vs WORLD.

Basically, you are measuring skill on the wrong levels, your zerg wiped ours? You killed a ton of our players in a 1v1. Cool! Looks back at the scoreboard….I don’t see how that has any relevancy to this game type.

WvW has no reward for winning a match and the winner is decided purely by coverage. I don’t see why there’s any purpose to PPTing.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Hydrobutter.9172

This exactly.

so angry about people playing the game differently

Radio

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Looks back at the scoreboard….I don’t see how that has any relevancy to this game type.

This is what Black Gate transfers actually believe.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Hello there…… was bored this morning. Thought I’d make a video highlighting BG’s superior skill.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

World v World v World is all about ppt if your not playing it your doing it wrong

PPT is boring and all about off peak coverage, if your not dueling your doing it wrong

Dueling has its own game type go back to sPvP, GvG is the true test of greatness and if you wont GvG us then your doing it wrong

GvG takes too long to organise and not enough do it, roaming is the only way to play and if your not your doing it wrong

Your all playing WvW wrong, until you play the game like I do your bad and haz no skillz and are doing it wrong

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

Hello there…… was bored this morning. Thought I’d make a video highlighting BG’s superior skill.

Cool! Looks back at the scoreboard….I don’t see how that has any relevancy to this game type.

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

This is a change of atmosphere from silver league, too bad we got here so late in the matchup.

Help

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaian.2615

kaian.2615

World v World v World is all about ppt if your not playing it your doing it wrong

PPT is boring and all about off peak coverage, if your not dueling your doing it wrong

Dueling has its own game type go back to sPvP, GvG is the true test of greatness and if you wont GvG us then your doing it wrong

GvG takes too long to organise and not enough do it, roaming is the only way to play and if your not your doing it wrong

Your all playing WvW wrong, until you play the game like I do your bad and haz no skillz and are doing it wrong

here take my +1.

[CNB] Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

This exactly.

what even is the point of this post lol.

“the game is designed this way and god forbid you do other – perhaps more interesting – things! therefore you are WRONG WRONG WRONG.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Match-ups

DivineBeing.2086

Oh wow. So, which server does the most PvD has the most skill? That is more narrow than me preferring 1v1 and 1vX. At no point did I say i was soooooooGEWDDDDDD ZERMG. I just prefer actually challenging myself. You can’t judge it by matchups when mag is so out of place in this, and if you do…that’s pretty sad.

Which is why BG shouldn’t even be fighting you guys in the first place.

You can argue that you can play the game however you want and in reality you can. A professional soccer player can choose to play rock, paper, scissors with other soccer players during the middle of the game.

In reality though, all you’re doing is wasting a potential slot where another player who actually wants to play WvW may actually do so. No queues? I doubt you have no queues 24/7.

I know a lot of you 1v1 enthusiast want to throw all your hate towards me justifying that the match has already been decided. Go ahead and give up, that’s cool.

In reality, you should be directing your hate towards Anet and their match up system, or if the rumors are true FA for throwing the match. So either Anet’s match up system is messed up and you guys drew the short end of the stick OR FA threw their match in order for them to stay in tier 2 thus jacking up the balance of this match up.

Because you are right. BG does have superior coverage than Mag. Is that our fault? Maybe. However, the score itself shows that this match up shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

So, sorry guys. I know how feels to be matched up against a server with superior coverage, it’s no fun. I am sure that’s why BG decided to recruit guilds to fill those gaps in coverage when the whole “1 last FREE server transfer” occurred. Again, honestly though, if you seriously do lack coverage (and I am assuming you actually know your coverage 24/7 and not BSing, nor do I know that my coverage is actually getting fights) then you should have not been matched against us.

However, this still doesn’t change the fact you are playing WvW and not PvP lol. Nobody should be angry that their 1v1 is ruined….

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

So many PLX Warbanners.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Hydrobutter.9172

Which is why BG shouldn’t even be fighting you guys in the first place.

You can argue that you can play the game however you want and in reality you can. A professional soccer player can choose to play rock, paper, scissors with other soccer players during the middle of the game.

In reality though, all you’re doing is wasting a potential slot where another player who actually wants to play WvW may actually do so. No queues? I doubt you have no queues 24/7.

I know a lot of you 1v1 enthusiast want to throw all your hate towards me justifying that the match has already been decided. Go ahead and give up, that’s cool.

In reality, you should be directing your hate towards Anet and their match up system, or if the rumors are true FA for throwing the match. So either Anet’s match up system is messed up and you guys drew the short end of the stick OR FA threw their match in order for them to stay in tier 2 thus jacking up the balance of this match up.

Because you are right. BG does have superior coverage than Mag. Is that our fault? Maybe. However, the score itself shows that this match up shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

So, sorry guys. I know how feels to be matched up against a server with superior coverage, it’s no fun. I am sure that’s why BG decided to recruit guilds to fill those gaps in coverage when the whole “1 last FREE server transfer” occurred. Again, honestly though, if you seriously do lack coverage (and I am assuming you actually know your coverage 24/7 and not BSing, nor do I know that my coverage is actually getting fights) then you should have not been matched against us.

However, this still doesn’t change the fact you are playing WvW and not PvP lol. Nobody should be angry that their 1v1 is ruined….

i think the only person angry about anything is you, dude

Radio

in Match-ups

Hydrobutter.9172

that’s a whole lotta words about how not mad you are

Radio

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

shake my head and laugh.

You and me both brother.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Match-ups

DivineBeing.2086

that’s a whole lotta words about how not mad you are

As if the size of a post has any correlation with the amount of anger in it. Think I am done responding to you lol. xD

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

WvW is both a pvp and a pve setting. There are so much hate towards those that play the game differently compared to the majority. Everyone enjoy one aspect of wvw more than the others whether that is zerging, gvg, dueling, solo or small group roaming. Personally I like all scenarios but I prefer solo roaming more than the others.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

If we have queues it’s on 1 or 2 maps max and they pop after 20 minutes max (on reset usually all maps are queued). … because door-fighting people are wasting the slots of people who want to fight people from other servers who want to fight people from yet another server.

~people~

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

If we’re gonna be making pro soccer analogies, here’s a video posted on the GW2 subreddit today:

Deany Kong – #magswag