5/10 T3 Maguuma/Kaineng/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Yak’s should start a recruitment thread for euro timezone!

NA Mags should get some employment

;_; I wish.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

I’m not even sure we have 4 guild groups that are 40 strong o_o

pyro, mad, war, de/rp are some of the big ones. There are other smaller ones that are mixed in as well. On YBBL de/rp’s presence alone is as large as the 4 yaks guilds working together on that map.

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Yaks is getting better but the Mag alliance can put larger zergs on the field and appears to have better communication and inter-guild organization. Many times we’ve tried to ninja keeps and a Mag zerg 60-80 strong (depending on the time) has slammed into us. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re able to have at least 40 man guild zergs on all the maps, Yaks can only place 40+ zergs on 2 maps at a time without stretching thin and even with population the server alliance isn’t as developed.

I’m not sure what has happened to Kain they seem to be lacking population in crucial timezones while having a surplus of people at timezones when nobody is on.

Eternal is the only consistent one. Otherwise when we see someone trying to take something with numbers, we call in for help on mumble, and usually the other borderlands rally people to it.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

pyro, mad, war, de/rp are some of the big ones. There are other smaller ones that are mixed in as well. On YBBL de/rp’s presence alone is as large as the 4 yaks guilds working together on that map.

I think you’re mis-estimating that, because I’m on YB atm (albeit working). And we tend to only run in that size on weekends. I would be surprised if PYRO and WaR reached 40 consistently, no idea about MAD.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

What?? When you took WK from us we were outnumbered at least 3:1.

Here’s the size of the DORP train that has been steamrolling your borderlands all day:

http://i.imgur.com/w07TkWT.jpg

We’ve had a few pubbies tag along but we don’t run with an icon. Maybe we seem like a lot more because you all die so fast when we engage.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lasaonar.9132

Lasaonar.9132

What?? When you took WK from us we were outnumbered at least 3:1.

Here’s the size of the DORP train that has been steamrolling your borderlands all day:

http://i.imgur.com/w07TkWT.jpg

We’ve had a few pubbies tag along but we don’t run with an icon. Maybe we seem like a lot more because you all die so fast when we engage.

You just HAD to take that picture on butt settings with your coconut computer, didn’t you? Ungh. Also, picture doesn’t show it but there’s at least one or two people in that group that didn’t have DARP tags on.

~Maguuma Warrior Princess, Hedda-chan~
[MLG] Professional ~gamer grrrl~ <3
[DARP] Guild

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

Good 3 way fight for SM. very fun but skill lag sucks so bad. But we held it go go magummybears!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I think you’re mis-estimating that, because I’m on YB atm (albeit working). And we tend to only run in that size on weekends. I would be surprised if PYRO and WaR reached 40 consistently, no idea about MAD.

I think PYRO hit 50 people a couple reset nights ago, but we run with 3 MAYBE 4 full groups when we do WvW. That’s why, on reset, we had a hard time competing with the full queue RE zerg on Mag BL. ME, WaR, PYRO, and DFND were all on the BL, but we each only pull 20 people. That would also be why we didn’t push your trebs during your arrowcart and treb creep on WK. You could afford to leave 20 people guarding the trebs while the remaining 60 go to flip camps, when we only had 17 or so PYRO guarding inner. Exceedingly difficult to defend two paper keeps against a full queue zerg of RE and a full queue zerg of YB (I think it was CL/RAM at reset?).

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Yaks is getting better but the Mag alliance can put larger zergs on the field and appears to have better communication and inter-guild organization. Many times we’ve tried to ninja keeps and a Mag zerg 60-80 strong (depending on the time) has slammed into us. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re able to have at least 40 man guild zergs on all the maps, Yaks can only place 40+ zergs on 2 maps at a time without stretching thin and even with population the server alliance isn’t as developed.

I’m not sure what has happened to Kain they seem to be lacking population in crucial timezones while having a surplus of people at timezones when nobody is on.

Other than eternal, it’s rare for us to have 40 on a single map… we just map hop a lot (which is apparently a sin here).

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kharne.4235

Kharne.4235

magummybears!

No..just…for those of us who come from maguuma, lets agree that we never call magumma…maguummybears ever again.

and whats with the sudden lag? I know update is tommorrow but were not tier 2…yet.
And enjoy your new commander kaening BECAUSE BY THE ALCHEMY MAGUUMA IS NOT MISSING HIM COMMANDING US IN CAPS.

[iLL]usion Maguuma
Ahriman (Necro), Ahzeck (Ele), Solace (Thief), Goddifist (Ranger) Kharne (Warr) Tomb
Hope, Is The First Step To Disappointment

in Match-ups

Boonprot.6274

Oh my sweet baby jesus. Lord Commander of EB Zero Xcel, aka Bro Story Bro, has transferred to KN and joined RE?

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Gummy bears are the best.

in Match-ups

kerona.3465

in joyous honor of his departure, we shall command only in all caps.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Gummy bears are the best.

Sour patch kids > Gummy bears

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

magummybears!

No..just…for those of us who come from maguuma, lets agree that we never call magumma…maguummybears ever again.

and whats with the sudden lag? I know update is tommorrow but were not tier 2…yet.
And enjoy your new commander kaening BECAUSE BY THE ALCHEMY MAGUUMA IS NOT MISSING HIM COMMANDING US IN CAPS.

Not such a bad thing to do, I write in caps whenever i’m trying to get something across and type it multiple times so people make sure to see it instead of it being lost in the chat box. Goodluck zero, I hope you have fun over there man, You will be missed here by a lot of people i can assure you that. Wish things would’ve gone differently but guess it can’t be helped. I’ll see you around in eb man, I might finally get my commander hat to clash with you :p.

P.S. I hope RE treats you well.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

That was a good fight in SM earlier. I think we had 20-25 RE and the rest militia in there but all the skill lag and ACs whittled our numbers. (Still need training for militia apparently.) Even so, I got some good loot out of that fight and did most of my dailies there. I think at one point I was running around with less than 2k hps for several seconds.

Attachments:

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

Kaineng is still slow to adapt to the Age of Arrowcarts. In open field fights, we wiped Magumma so many times they just give up and turtle in their keeps, whining about 500 supply not enough to build arrow carts to defend.

Magumma’s full of contradiction. They whine about the occasional AC in the field but are often happy to engage the enemy outside their keeps with minimum 5 ACs supporting them from top of walls.

AC blueprints cost 6 silver each and 30 supply to build. 3 persons can build one up quickly. You get minimum 60 silver from one CoF path 1 dungeon run. In 10mins of pve, u can buy 10 AC blueprints. I hope the NA players can start teaching the rest of kainengs and encourage them to use ACs . In Oceanic timezone, we run havoc across Magumma borderlands in epic keep battles. Their commander whines that 500 supply is not enough for their ACs ( 500 divided by 30 = 16 carts), they need 1700 ( 56 carts) apparently.

Kaineng, the age of WM is over. You have to adapt and with low population, it is very important to use siege machines. Not just commanders, but u should have AC blueprints in your backpack with character that steps into WvW. You know the opponent is already doing so, if you don’t adapt and learn to defend, forever gonna be on disadvantage.

in Match-ups

Sol.8341

Earlier tonight? So 60 Maguuma players during oceanic prime? I doubt that, even on a weekend. But congrats on destroying players coming through a choke, you win WvW!

Yak’s Bend have the lowest Oceanic time population. Magumma is fully capable of fielding 20 at their worst hour, but on average they have 40 on a single map at oceanic time.

Dun be fooled, Magumma does chokepoints with 5 superior ACs minimum but they hate the other servers learning to use them to defend. Congrats to YB. I hope you guys are taking advantage of Kaineng resetting Mag BL Keeps upgrades when you logon. You have a chance of no. 1 this week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

That was a good fight in SM earlier. I think we had 20-25 RE and the rest militia in there but all the skill lag and ACs whittled our numbers. (Still need training for militia apparently.) Even so, I got some good loot out of that fight and did most of my dailies there. I think at one point I was running around with less than 2k hps for several seconds.

was that pic right before you guys pushed the last time? =) I was on that sup ac pelting you if so lol

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Earlier tonight? So 60 Maguuma players during oceanic prime? I doubt that, even on a weekend. But congrats on destroying players coming through a choke, you win WvW!

Yak’s Bend have the lowest Oceanic time population. Magumma is fully capable of fielding 20 at their worst hour, but on average they have 40 on a single map at oceanic time.

Dun be fooled, Magumma does chokepoints with 5 superior ACs minimum but they hate the other servers learning to use them to defend. Congrats to YB. I hope you guys are taking advantage of Kaineng resetting Mag BL Keeps upgrades when you logon. You have a chance of no. 1 this week.

I really like how you keep ignoring the fact that nobody is complaining about building siege to defend. Actually, hardly anyone is even complaining at all still, it’s mostly you talking about it. So good job.

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

so we found at at YB BL wk that yaks only has to outnumber us about 5:1 to win.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Question: How many Kaineng does it take to assault Stonemist Castle?

Answer: Hard to tell, we’re still counting the corpses.

Where is this secret hidden Kaineng zerg that you are talking about? I never saw them ever.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Match-ups

Sol.8341

I dun see what civil discussions you have here. It’s usually about :

(1) fight club ganking. pointing fingers who ganked who
(2) fight club boasting of wins over more opponents
(3) complaining enemy zerg size
(4) complementing own server of what a fine job in epic battle u won over bigger odds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PBruce.4507

PBruce.4507

I think PYRO hit 50 people a couple reset nights ago, but we run with 3 MAYBE 4 full groups when we do WvW. That’s why, on reset, we had a hard time competing with the full queue RE zerg on Mag BL. ME, WaR, PYRO, and DFND were all on the BL, but we each only pull 20 people. That would also be why we didn’t push your trebs during your arrowcart and treb creep on WK. You could afford to leave 20 people guarding the trebs while the remaining 60 go to flip camps, when we only had 17 or so PYRO guarding inner. Exceedingly difficult to defend two paper keeps against a full queue zerg of RE and a full queue zerg of YB (I think it was CL/RAM at reset?).

at reset??? nop, CL was in KNBL and RAM was in EB.

MvM Guild – Sorrow´s Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Kaineng is the punchline for every bracket.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: LilyLinguistic.5169

LilyLinguistic.5169

magummybears!

Before you start trolling your former EB commander, at least whisper him to find out why he left in the first place.

I know at least part of the reason why he left, and I support his decision to do so, do I wish he hadn’t? Absolutely, but he did what he felt was best for him. Keep in touch Zero and good luck!

Lillian Lexicon-Annie Accidence-Victoria Vocabulary-Sophia Syntax-Olivia Origin-Eva Etymology.
[VR]-Maguuma

(edited by LilyLinguistic.5169)

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

My favorite Mag commander for delivering portal bomb piñatas transferred to the enemy team? Ooooh I might need to play in EB some now and get in on this action. Please don’t wipe too much though I get sad when I kill a zerg before they’re ripe and only get a chain of 1 wxp

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Our teammate moa’d a rabbit last night- that actually works. And I only died due to fall damage like one time. Memorable night!

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Posted by: Savulon.3274

Savulon.3274

I´ve had a great time since we arrived to this tier, awesome fights, excellent tactics and a lot of bags.

Kudos to [DER’P] [ME] [ WaR] [PYRO] [RP] from Mag and [CNB] [XF] [RE] from Kaineng who make us want to improve and search for epic battles.

Keep the good work guys!

Savulon Daeva[CL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

And I only died due to fall damage like one time. Memorable night!

Sounds like cause for celebration? :P

in Match-ups

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Sounds like cause for celebration? :P

Our thread is filled with such lambaste discussion I figured I’d be “that guy” and report the mundane.

love,

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Several postings that were against the rules of this forum have been removed. You can find a reminder on these rules here.

(edited by Moderator.3406)

in Match-ups

Boonprot.6274

Our teammate moa’d a rabbit last night- that actually works. And I only died due to fall damage like one time. Memorable night!

I think my next goal is to buy a second tag and put it on my Necro. Then, I’ll lead lemmings off of cliffs and survive by using my Death Shroud.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

SHAKA ZULU.3128

I think my next goal is to buy a second tag and put it on my Necro. Then, I’ll lead lemmings off of cliffs and survive by using my Death Shroud.

That’s kind of my problem. I remember I’m not on my necro only after I’m hurtling to my death. To be fair I did it all the time before my necro too because ain’t nobody got time to wait for regen.

love,

in Match-ups

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

We already have Paralda leading us off cliffs.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

That’s kind of my problem. I remember I’m not on my necro only after I’m hurtling to my death.

I might’ve done that like once, twice, or like 50 times…

Too used to pressing f1 as a necro main when falling ._.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

You guys have such a clean and sporting matchup thread. It makes me jealous ;(

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

kerona.3465

Despite our best intentions.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Despite our best intentions.

i want to be led off cliff

in Match-ups

Boonprot.6274

It’s only because the “cleaning crew” has been sweeping furiously through this thread, if you catch my drift.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

I’ve already received one infraction point for “condescending language”, I think. Guessing I’m not the only one.

CrSy/LaWz

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

So uh… What happened to YB and Kaineng’s populations this week? This is getting really boring and way too PvD for my tastes..

Maguuma

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

Not sure about YB, but a lot of us are doing PvE stuff, including farming certain events in Orr. Those armor repair bills sure do go up. :P

CrSy/LaWz

in Match-ups

Posted by: FlamingMook.8437

FlamingMook.8437

Might as well lighten the mood and post a funny.

Just now on EB I managed to find an [iLL] thief with buffs as long as his health bar. I found him while investigating mysterious player deaths on our side of EB. Anyways we fought, my hp exploded, and thank god I chose Guardian as my main. In the end I had 2k hp left and had almost dodged off a cliff. I take out my shield for some prot and quick healing from the 5 skill when suddenly I get xp and a loot bag out of thin air. After realizing what happened I couldn’t help but laugh. Was pretty sure I was dead too.

No offense meant btw.

in Match-ups

JudgeD.5673

Fun times in EB this evening.

Attachments:

CrSy/LaWz

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

Thanks for the fun GvG CNB. RE, DARP wants to GvG you without a wall of pubbies and something near even numbers. Let us know if you’re game.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: povV.5681

povV.5681

score update pls.

Too Pow – Do You Even HP [Bru]
pvp = shopping at gucci n loui
wvw = shopping at walmart and costco

in Match-ups

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

Thanks for the fun GvG CNB. RE, DARP wants to GvG you without a wall of pubbies and something near even numbers. Let us know if you’re game.

I will tell Ethersin, after that, its his call. Yeah the fights were fun, but no you werent outnumbered… we hit a peak of 50 players but ran mostly 30-35 the majority of time. I saw no numbers advantage for either side, mostly I saw you attempting to draw us towards your siege in SM which we werent going to fall for, we tried to fight you in the open field but you always ran backwards. We only ran backwards to stay out of siege range..

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

Ya those were some really close and even fights

http://i.imgur.com/8kT9egK.jpg

How amazingly bad at counting are you? Anyway we had fun working on handling outmanned fighting and getting a wipe on y’all once was pretty nice.

By the way, when you say you’re “Zerg busting” it typically means you’re busting a zerg with a small group. It doesn’t usually mean “trying to run over a force half your size and running away a lot”. You may want to check your definitions.

Maguuma

(edited by zastari.1730)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nyx Xox.3540

Nyx Xox.3540

Thanks for the great advice as well You guys aren’t as mean as everyone says. I see teddy bears :P hahaha But srsly thanks for the advice and GvG with you will really help in us progressing further Tysm

Its Nyx Yo
[CNB] Guild leader/Commander
Sea of Sorrows