5/10 T3 Maguuma/Kaineng/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

What happened to the Maguuma that fought RE when we were on DH months ago? This seems like an entirely different server. And not in a good way.

It’s kinda sad…

~ Cleetus

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

What happened to the Maguuma that fought RE when we were on DH months ago? This seems like an entirely different server. And not in a good way.

The usual stuff when a bunch of people with varying levels of leadership experience, and only loosely aligned goals try to self-organize. Varying levels of frustration, interpersonal conflict, burn-out, boredom, malicious behavior, hurt feelings, etc…

Plus, since then was the rise to T3, floundering as bottom T3, top T4. Then, the frustrating time spent beating on T4, and the sudden “success” in T3, once we got there.

All that said, it isn’t that much different from when I transferred to Mags in January. There are still a core set of people who want to go out and have good fights, and enjoy the company of their realm-mates when they do it. Still an interesting mix of “big” and small guilds, with a lot of small guild players providing a good backbone.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I don’t really understand the question.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

This is not the Maguuma I remember back in Oct/Nov last year and even through Jan. Back when Maguuma had monthly Boot Camps and a friendly team work oriented communit, just seems different now.

Crazy Leg

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

This is not the Maguuma I remember back in Oct/Nov last year and even through Jan. Back when Maguuma had monthly Boot Camps and a friendly team work oriented communit, just seems different now.

That boot camp thing only happened once and I can’t tell why you think our community has changed drastically, to be honest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

In Soviet Maguuma, arrow cart kill you. :P

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Mundane update: I lost every single engagement that I got involved in last night except for the double superior AC event on the Yaks zerg at our garri. I loggged on that good note. Stop being so mean to me Maguuma. I need to go see the school counselor now.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Yeah, I’m gonna go with the “nothing has changed” tact here, too. The same guilds that have been WvWing since Jan are still WvWing, albeit with different numbers and new faces in some places. I don’t think it can be stated enough that Mag’s WvW pop is 100% consistent throughout the week. We have the same guilds and the same people playing during reset as we do on Wednesday night.

We’re still a very, very friendly server. We just like to kittenol on the forums. You can’t exactly take our T1 Forum Warrior pop and extrapolate it to represent the server as a whole. If that was the case, your entire server would be represented by Chips and Sol. I don’t think anyone wants that.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

That boot camp thing only happened once and I can’t tell why you think our community has changed drastically, to be honest.

So what you are saying is Mag has always been bitter, angry and confrontational. What a lovely server you guys have.

~ Cleetus

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

just curious, using [dragons tooth] to attack arrow carts that are behind walls out of line of sight is an exploit correct?

same thing for [clusterbomb] and [phantasmal berserker]

i just want to make sure before i get upset with maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bead.8609

Bead.8609

Once someone has a target on something they can dragon’s tooth it without los.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

just curious, using [dragons tooth] to attack arrow carts that are behind walls out of line of sight is an exploit correct?

Pretty sure every server have ppl doing that. i dont know what you are trying to get at.

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

So what you are saying is Mag has always been bitter, angry and confrontational.

Yes.

We also have a sense of humor.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dockin.1745

Dockin.1745

Pretty sure every server have ppl doing that. i dont know what you are trying to get at.

Yeah, every server I have fought against except DB have only a few hackers. DB must train hackers because there were tons on that server and they seem, based on their threads, to be continuing that trend.

In any case, I know that hacking is not tolerated by any of the blue taco’s I follow on Mags. I think that folks should do as Anet has directed and that is report, report, report.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

boon, you’re too quick for me.

but just to reiterate, http://i.imgur.com/p5zHuEr.jpg

OMG OMG how intense were the Kaineng resistance? I bet Kaineng got 80 guys and your 20 men team took all the camps and towers on all 4 maps.

Thanks for proving that Maguuma vastly outnumber and out-coverage us poor folks of Kaineng. We are just a tiny tier 8 population server trying to survive in tier 3 against Maguuma bullies. ^^

there actually was some resistance at first, until you wiped once and then vanished. you had plenty of supply to use to build arrowcarts and defensive siege that would have ANNIHILATED the group that took your keep (twice).

surely “T8 servers” know what siege (+placement) is?

i guess i should go to bed now. i’m done here.

It wasn’t just that one garrison though. It was all 4 maps. We had +0 points. That means Maguuma must have vastly outnumbered and out-coveraged Kaineng.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Match-ups

CHIPS.6018

Why is Kaineng trying to lecture us on anything other than how to derail a bandwagon and saunter back down to T8?

Because some Maguuma guild with mandatory guild missions is trying to lecture the rest of us nice folks about leadership.

Well you only quoted me right once. It’s whatever though.

That doesn’t make much sense. Please elaborate.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nex.2450

Nex.2450

Dis guild drama rivals the old forum wars against OG. Good read

Dante Auditore – Maguuma
[SWäG] – Still Winning and Grinning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCfDCOPGnc

in Match-ups

Littlefeather.8623

Grumpy cat eats pickles and regurgitates on face.

Crazy Leg

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Monthly? We had one bootcamp, I organized it. It did alright.

Don’t claim you have ever known Maguuma if you think we haven’t always been trolls and forum warriors. It’s our pedigree.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Littlefeather.8623

Monthly? We had one bootcamp, I organized it. It did alright.

Don’t claim you have ever known Maguuma if you think we haven’t always been trolls and forum warriors. It’s our pedigree.

Well the tone of your forum warriors had a different tune back then I guess. While DH was suffering and RE was the last ones left, we had complained so much about the PUG’s, I remember so many times Maguuma asking us to move there because the community was so good and cooperative. But thats in the past, whos going to change their IGN to Grumpy Cat?

Crazy Leg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

boon, you’re too quick for me.

but just to reiterate, http://i.imgur.com/p5zHuEr.jpg

OMG OMG how intense were the Kaineng resistance? I bet Kaineng got 80 guys and your 20 men team took all the camps and towers on all 4 maps.

Thanks for proving that Maguuma vastly outnumber and out-coverage us poor folks of Kaineng. We are just a tiny tier 8 population server trying to survive in tier 3 against Maguuma bullies. ^^

there actually was some resistance at first, until you wiped once and then vanished. you had plenty of supply to use to build arrowcarts and defensive siege that would have ANNIHILATED the group that took your keep (twice).

surely “T8 servers” know what siege (+placement) is?

i guess i should go to bed now. i’m done here.

It wasn’t just that one garrison though. It was all 4 maps. We had +0 points. That means Maguuma must have vastly outnumbered and out-coveraged Kaineng.

Was that during our karma train? cuze if it was, than yes we outnumber u but only on 1 map at a time…. should stop you from taking a camp or 2

ofc this is if it was during our karma train. if it wasnt i dont know what to say

in Match-ups

Posted by: dazed.4152

dazed.4152

lol at judging a server by the people who participate on the forums. also, it’s not zoom hacking if you don’t zoom hack when you fire cluster bombs over the walls to hit nubs bunched up on a flame ram from a spot where they have difficulty hitting you back. red circles on a wall are easy to avoid.

as for this thread and the folks complaining about it; grab your popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show. this is quality forum entertainment.

[DERP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

I am more excited for the next post then I am for the next Game of Thrones episode. We need to make a MMO reality show on Maguumans

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Match-ups

Boonprot.6274

The commander that runs our karma trains decided to do a train late last night (they’re usually run during the daytime, at the end of SEA primetime and the beginning of EU), so they held all of KN BL. No, it wasn’t a full queue zerg. Probably 30 people. PYRO and ME held EB with another 30 or so, and kitten held our own borderlands with idk how many. Probably 10-15. That was the extent of our coverage last night.

Edit: Before you say it, a couple of ACs at the keeps and we wouldn’t have been able to flip them. Considering you need 3-5 people on keep defense to be successful, so it wasn’t a numbers game.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

To the creative DERPs that made Buttwater Vanguard:

I like your style. lol You guys are awesome. (No sarcasm intended, I like the troll)

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

in Match-ups

Boonprot.6274

To the creative DERPs that made Buttwater Vanguard:

I like your style. lol You guys are awesome. (No sarcasm intended, I like the troll)

Omfg, your comment is beautiful. Ty for making me e-famous bbz.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

ParaldaWind.4523

The commander that runs our karma trains decided to do a train late last night (they’re usually run during the daytime, at the end of SEA primetime and the beginning of EU), so they held all of KN BL. No, it wasn’t a full queue zerg. Probably 30 people. PYRO and ME held EB with another 30 or so, and kitten held our own borderlands with idk how many. Probably 10-15. That was the extent of our coverage last night.

Edit: Before you say it, a couple of ACs at the keeps and we wouldn’t have been able to flip them. Considering you need 3-5 people on keep defense to be successful, so it wasn’t a numbers game.

We have a few more than 30 in eternal. About 15 PYRO, 10 ME, and probably another 20 pugs.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Why is Kaineng trying to lecture us on anything other than how to derail a bandwagon and saunter back down to T8?

Because some Maguuma guild with mandatory guild missions is trying to lecture the rest of us nice folks about leadership.

Your quotes have someone else’s words that I was quoting. Only one of yours has what I really said in a post.

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

Maguuma zerged the login servers sorry everyone. Had to keep that outmanned buff off.

in Match-ups

Posted by: povV.5681

povV.5681

need something to do? here watch this. http://youtu.be/zHuaYQ9iv8w

Too Pow – Do You Even HP [Bru]
pvp = shopping at gucci n loui
wvw = shopping at walmart and costco

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

povV.5681

if I did some of the drugs…I would stare at that all day

in Match-ups

CHIPS.6018

Your quotes have someone else’s words that I was quoting. Only one of yours has what I really said in a post.

Ok I went back and checked. You are partially right. You didn’t say “I bought this game to have fun, not to follow orders.” It was Zero who said that.

But you did say in your post:

…You did complain, I was there, three guild leaders and an officer told you “everyone that’s online shows up, or be reprimanded” you even said “demote me I don’t care”…

oh by the way guys, we are a carefree guild, just Sundays we do real quick guild missions, other than that, have fun and do whatever you want

So this means that:

-The guild mission of WaR is indeed mandatory, because 3 guild leaders and an officer said “Show up or you will get punished.”
-You feel WaR is a carefree guild.

I personally do not see how “mandatory guild missions” and a “carefree guild” can go hand in hand. Look:

An officer (Zero) was threatened with punishment, and then actually punished, because he refused to do guild missions. This all occurred in public mumble with 50+ people (many non-guild members) because the guild leadership wants to publicly humiliate Zero.

So my point still stands. I don’t know how your guild WaR operates. But it sickens me just hearing how your guild treats an officer while he was still serving.

I recommend that you reevaluate what you want and what your guild wants, and then decide if you want to stay or leave.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Match-ups

ParaldaWind.4523

Chips, Sol, Jinks, Calvin, or Bunzy.

Who wins?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

Guild ranks are very serious business, I mean just look at DERPs ranks. if I could log in and share them I would but they are exemplary of just how much the ethos of discipline and order run through our membership.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DrWhom.3105

DrWhom.3105

I know you guys want that SM waypoint down, but at what cost? Don’t sell those proud souls K-town!

Attachments:

MAG

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

Guild ranks are very serious business, I mean just look at DERPs ranks. if I could log in and share them I would but they are exemplary of just how much the ethos of discipline and order run through our membership.

If you post any DäRP ranks without my permission I will demote you to Subpar Mom and you will get 2 weeks of SW tower duty.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: rush.1492

rush.1492

Who wins?

Xela

[ARK]Xelo Prime
Arkham – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

If you post any DäRP ranks without my permission I will demote you to Subpar Mom and you will get 2 weeks of SW tower duty.

It’s okay, as one of DERPs +20 leaders I’ll just promote Hiro back to his leader rank.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

povV.5681

Who wins?

id have to take either Sol ( since he is immune from being banned somehow ), or Calvin. Calvin has got to kitten kitten kitten kitten with a bag of kittens. that guy…wow. its a close race

in Match-ups

povV.5681

#respect…………

in Match-ups

povV.5681

speaking of respect…where’s zero. ZERO….come play with us

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Ok I went back and checked. You are partially right. You didn’t say “I bought this game to have fun, not to follow orders.” It was Zero who said that.

But you did say in your post:

…You did complain, I was there, three guild leaders and an officer told you “everyone that’s online shows up, or be reprimanded” you even said “demote me I don’t care”…

oh by the way guys, we are a carefree guild, just Sundays we do real quick guild missions, other than that, have fun and do whatever you want

So this means that:

-The guild mission of WaR is indeed mandatory, because 3 guild leaders and an officer said “Show up or you will get punished.”
-You feel WaR is a carefree guild.

I personally do not see how “mandatory guild missions” and a “carefree guild” can go hand in hand. Look:

An officer (Zero) was threatened with punishment, and then actually punished, because he refused to do guild missions. This all occurred in public mumble with 50+ people (many non-guild members) because the guild leadership wants to publicly humiliate Zero.

So my point still stands. I don’t know how your guild WaR operates. But it sickens me just hearing how your guild treats an officer while he was still serving.

I recommend that you reevaluate what you want and what your guild wants, and then decide if you want to stay or leave.

I wasn’t ‘partially’ right, I was right. You quoted me right, once.

You can have mandatory guild missions and a carefree guild. Guild missions are every Sunday at a set time so people can be done with whatever they have going on. They only last about an hour and are always a fun guild bonding experience!

You don’t know the reasons why things happened publicly, not my place to tell. For that reason, I’m done talking about the issue.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

The rank system of PYRO is more like hippies sitting in a circle making daisy chains. I think I’m kind of an officer, sorta, but I have no in game rank. We have ranks for our official Herald, Esther the Charr, who in exacting terms narrates our guild activities wherever we appear.

On a serious note, Maguuma is full of carebears. This past 10 pages has been full of laughs, giggles, and majestic butterflies.

Attachments:

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I always knew Mags secretly RP’d.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Who wins?

id have to take either Sol ( since he is immune from being banned somehow ), or Calvin. Calvin has got to kitten kitten kitten kitten with a bag of kittens. that guy…wow. its a close race

Calvin. You cannot kill that which has no life.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

zastari.1730

I always knew Mags secretly RP’d.

Can’t spell D|ERP without ERP.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

kfarb.6732

Tie between Calvin and Sol.

in Match-ups

povV.5681

Who wins?

Calvin. You cannot kill that which has no life.

Calvin scares me. I picture him as that kid in the basement that’s screaming at his mom to make him another mayonnaise and funyon sammich. whilst washing it down with a flat warm 2 liter bottle of mt. dew, sitting on a pleather chair with wear marks in the neck and stains on the desk where his meaty forearms rest. but….I could be wrong

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

I was gone for 3 months and when I left WäR was about 60 members with 40ish showing up for WvW on reset day. When I returned a couple weeks ago, it was 130+ members with 15ish showing up for WvW on reset day.

Obviously changes had to be made as WäR turned from a tight knit, fun and helpful group, to a do whatever you want to, whenever you want to, zerg guild. Guild Missions is one of those changes. If you don’t like it, leave. If you want to qq about it, cool story bro.

We’re still heavily focused on WvW and that will never change.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass