6/21 Gandara - Miller's - RoF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

I really, really don’t understand why Gandara calls out other servers for blobbing (even on this thread) when all I can ever see on our borderlands are 40-50+ man Gandara zergs…
The same to Miller’s, we just lost our borders (being outmanned) to a 60+ man miller’s zerg with like 4 golems and a 40+ man gandara zerg with 8 golems yet all I see you do is call other guilds out for “blobbing”
This isn’t flaming or anything, I’d just like to know what you consider blobbing if running in 50 man groups isn’t blobbing for you…

Running 50+ I would consider it a blob, however you won’t only find blobs from gandarians or millers, you’ll be more likely to run into smaller 10-15 man groups, specially after the initial reset/weekend. Some servers ONLY run blobs ALL WEEK long (and single scouts) there no chance of smaller groups, and their blobs are of epic lag sizing.

Also, all servers with high population will always have at least one Big group of pugs somewhere, it’s normal for ppl who may play less WvW and join sporadically for some action.

Hope your views will change as the week progresses. Don’t judge by reset night.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

(edited by Xenn.3809)

in Match-ups

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

I can agree that there was no blobbing in MSBL. We had a lot of fun holding our corner, including hills, while outmanned 80% of the time

Gandara, you decided to attack hills in worst possible moment for us, when our TS server broke and we were all somewhat confused :P

And we finally lost it to 30-40 Miller zerg with golems, when we were down t 5 on 5am (they still had to use 9g worth golems to kick us out, so it was a fair deal)

The best fights we had were definitely busting 40ish MS in Bluwater with our 20 (we were soooo dissappointed noone was recording when it finished) and stealing Bay, when Gandara was attacking it.

Cheers for everyone and see you on the battlefield

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

Nonsense, MS don’t blob. You can see in this screenshot that they keep very carefully separated groups, with strict German efficiency.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: egalon.1702

egalon.1702

Thanks for the nice fights yesterday, Im really happy that we can fight gandara^^
@ Bethryn yeah, we were only guild groups on the map and thought, it would be funny to attack garri with all of them^^ But you wiped us
You showed us yesterday that we have much too learn, you wiped us very often, so we´ll have to improve our raid (but it was the first time with LoA together, so Im fine with it).
Thanks alot to Dius and TDA for the fights, was a nice reset night at RoF BL. (Sorry for running into a fight, sometimes, I couldnt resist)

We are looking for a guild to start our first GvG, when anyone is interested in a 10vs10 up to 15vs15, /w me ingame or here.
Ega

Egalon
[void] No Content
Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Settling The Blob Argument in one go!

We’ll all have blobs end of.

Blobs will be on respective home maps usually, due to casual players map of choice.

EB will normally always be a single blob, however some guild groups go there so not always.

Blobs counter big guild groups… so what ever map [YaK] is on, blobs from RoF and Millers will follow respectively

None of the servers about run constant 100+ Cpu destroying lag infested blobs like some accused servers, which is where the problem comes from. constant being keyword.

End of Blob Arguement!

@Corpse Dancing Issue. If you expect me to kick a member for one little corpse dance/jump… you take things too seriously. Dius get corpse jumped all the time.. we answer it with a crusade of vengeance!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

Isn’t that only natural when the 2 other servers are busy fighting over SM, you go and knock down their towers/keeps? Server name doesn’t matter, if it’s red it’s dead.

coincidence is, it always was AG keep and during the week, AG part of map was constantly attacked to make AG scructures wooden
yeah, its special strategy called “cooperation” to be sure, we both win

4ever roaming

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

Isn’t that only natural when the 2 other servers are busy fighting over SM, you go and knock down their towers/keeps? Server name doesn’t matter, if it’s red it’s dead.

coincidence is, it always was AG keep and during the week, AG part of map was constantly attacked to make AG scructures wooden
yeah, its special strategy called “cooperation” to be sure, we both win

Ag had that Tier 3 SM… can’t be having a Tier 3 Sm now! >=]

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Enderr.5416

Enderr.5416

About the corpse dancing : I am quite new to [Dius] (aprox. 1 month) but in all our WvW runs I never saw, not even once, an episode of disrespect versus PUG’s we encounter on the way or guild groups. None . Besides that, I was very near at that episode, we saw the AFK player and we start to jump around him instead of killing . Then someone tagged him and we start to shoot, he felt down and so was one of our guys (who survived the fall). A mesmer went down to portal him but he died then I’ve switch my attention to the front gate. I didn’t saw any jumping on the fallen corpse, even if, I am sure it was not in sign of disrespect.
Now, a funny moment : millers were charging the SW gate of RoF garrison, we buffed and went out to strike only to find an Omega golem build around 75-80% with only 1 guy defending. I guess they ran out of supplies …

Kingdom of Dragons [KoD] guild leader – Gandara server
www.kodgw2.webs.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: drazzar.3042

drazzar.3042

Now, a funny moment : millers were charging the SW gate of RoF garrison, we buffed and went out to strike only to find an Omega golem build around 75-80% with only 1 guy defending. I guess they ran out of supplies …

Yeah thats right, we ran out of supplies – kitten happens

[void] – GH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Butsu.9482

Butsu.9482

that “blob” was the YOLO guild

[YaK] – Gandara
chippy di dippidy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Emperor.8216

Emperor.8216

We are also looking for a GvG this week. If anyone is interested in 10vs10 up to 15vs15 just PM me or /w me ingame.
Will be our 4th GvG then .

The E M P – Elementalist of [dC]
Miller´s Sound[DE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Those that say Gandara (or even Millers sometimes!) is a TRUE blob server, must be totally oblivious to the meta in the higher tiers.

Yes, we might look like blobby servers because you are used to playing against lower tiered servers but in our tier, Gandara is known for having a lot of warband guilds and we are proud of that.

Just keep in mind that those warband guilds play mostly in the evenings and during the day, the playstyle is different.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Anyone interested in 10v10 or 15v15, [YARR] of Gandara will try to make a date with you for Monday somewhere in the 7pm to 9pm GMT window.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Regarding corpse jumping, when you have an eighty man AM blob run over a couple guys and spam /laugh, you learn to stop worrying.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Those that say Gandara (or even Millers sometimes!) is a TRUE blob server, must be totally oblivious to the meta in the higher tiers.

Yes, we might look like blobby servers because you are used to playing against lower tiered servers but in our tier, Gandara is known for having a lot of warband guilds and we are proud of that.

Just keep in mind that those warband guilds play mostly in the evenings and during the day, the playstyle is different.

Except our good ol’ days of not being a blobby server has come to its end as it seems like YOLO is back and people there are rather shamelessly spamming about ROFLSTOMP mission. Gandara is about to turn into another brainless Blobbadon server. R.I.P Gandalf the Blobless.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Match-ups

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

I dont think YOLO will be activated again , that guild was supposed to be for the wvw funding? If ravik or someone else wants to activate the swag train again i dissagre with it and will not support it.

TDA

in Match-ups

FrouFrou.4958

I saw Ravi promoting the roflstomp mission in EB just a moment ago.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

It’s unfortunate to state that MS is no different from RS or AM after all…

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dropper.9176

Dropper.9176

It’s unfortunate to state that MS is no different from RS or AM after all…

It’s unfortunate to state that Gandara is no different from MS after all..

in Match-ups

Posted by: ravivkk.7381

ravivkk.7381

I dont think YOLO will be activated again , that guild was supposed to be for the wvw funding? If ravik or someone else wants to activate the swag train again i dissagre with it and will not support it.

It is, not a 24/7 thing just to try help us deal with the MS morning blob a bit better,
even when we had 30-35 guys at RoF BL we got outmanned the moment the german blob enterned that BL. I would rather not blob but it does make the people who are not inside guild groups have alot of fun, and helped to some degree to keep the point diffrence between MS. It is also a great way to advertise the fundings. Until now I didnt feel the need to use it, but fighting MS as much as it can be fun during night the morning crew is just one mega blob farming WXP and destroying any upgrades.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

Well, the reasons for using it are fair enough i guess. Still think it should be retired and let die with a new guild set up for upgrades if it gets dragged out every so often.
The original idea of it was to take the kitten out of people blobbing and zerging. Using it to blob and zerg is just … silly.

We have a really rediculously huge group on our bl atm all following one commander and there was 2 of them there able to split it up and it would have been far better to do so (we need someone to cut supply). No siege in any tower or keep, no upgrades running in any tower or keep, no scouts in any tower or keep.

Using the yolo tag ever just makes people play in the most idiotic manner its possible to play this game. Its kind of sad thakittens pretty succesful atm.

Dont mean to kitten on people’s cornflakes and i dont mean to ruin pug players fun. But i really hate fighting against groups like that and i wouldn’t want to inflict a rediculous group like that on people either.

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Well, the reasons for using it are fair enough i guess. Still think it should be retired and let die with a new guild set up for upgrades if it gets dragged out every so often.
The original idea of it was to take the kitten out of people blobbing and zerging. Using it to blob and zerg is just … silly.

We have a really rediculously huge group on our bl atm all following one commander and there was 2 of them there able to split it up and it would have been far better to do so (we need someone to cut supply). No siege in any tower or keep, no upgrades running in any tower or keep, no scouts in any tower or keep.

Using the yolo tag ever just makes people play in the most idiotic manner its possible to play this game. Its kind of sad thakittens pretty succesful atm.

Dont mean to kitten on people’s cornflakes and i dont mean to ruin pug players fun. But i really hate fighting against groups like that and i wouldn’t want to inflict a rediculous group like that on people either.

Thanks for the update on yor BL, we will be there shortly.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Lol dont need an update just knock on a gate and you will see just how a Gandaran prepares for battle

(if there was a sigh emote id have used that )

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Just attack Gandara borderlands. Still not a commander willing to set up siege to defend or anything. Try to say something in map chat, but kinda impossible since they will rather revive YOLO guild, that should be dead and buried by now, and “roflstomp” WXP objectives.

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

YOLO is back? Time to level alts then.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

FrouFrou.4958

It is, not a 24/7 thing just to try help us deal with the MS morning blob a bit better,
even when we had 30-35 guys at RoF BL we got outmanned the moment the german blob enterned that BL. I would rather not blob but it does make the people who are not inside guild groups have alot of fun, and helped to some degree to keep the point diffrence between MS. It is also a great way to advertise the fundings. Until now I didnt feel the need to use it, but fighting MS as much as it can be fun during night the morning crew is just one mega blob farming WXP and destroying any upgrades.

idk, 6pm afternoon isn’t exactly morning anymore, but then again I’m just a kitten ranger.

Anywho! Thanks to the RoF [AZZL], [Hurt] and [VcY] thieves between SM and RoF keep for the dances, had lots of fun and I hope you guys had fun too!

in Match-ups

Butsu.9482

You joking about the YOLO blob being useless right? I busted my walls off since 8 a.m to get some people on while a 60 header MS blob was razing trough our BL’s, we started off with 10 yes, 10 guys and more and more people came but still whenever MS blod joined the BL we were in we got outmanned sooooo badly, we didn’t even go for MS BL to capture a tier 3 keep since IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE, if we would have been a real blob , we could have eaten it. And I am being VERY VERY proud of the work that the guys did with YOLO, I was commanding em, yes.
And guys, come on a blob includes waaaay more people…
And everyone in gandara complaining should get their own tag and try to set up something and even try to build siege vs a 60 headed blob from MS
I can sincerely say that dodging the attacks capping the lost stuff back was bather rather than defending.
Kinda regards
Pope Butsu

[YaK] – Gandara
chippy di dippidy

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

Thanks for the update on yor BL, we will be there shortly.

I really hope you do. So many bad habits being formed that i hope they’re punished and people learn a lesson.

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Butsu.9482

And about the not being upgraded I only have to say that gandara was t3 with wp and bay was t2 with mortars, only in the morning when we had about 20 people we didn’t upgrade because it was impossible
ALso I wonna compliment ROF on their afternoon gameplay, really had it rough vs you guys sometimes

[YaK] – Gandara
chippy di dippidy

(edited by Butsu.9482)

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

And guys, come on a blob includes waaaay more people…
And everyone in gandara complaining should get their own tag and try to set up something and even try to build siege vs a 60 headed blob from MS
I can sincerely say that dodging the attacks capping the lost stuff back was bather rather than defending.
Kinda regards
Pope Butsu

Yea but if YOLO comes back the same way it did in the past it will promote the same problems we had a few months back when we came out of tier 3. That and YOLO promotes the very thing most of us hate.. a massive skill lag blob which incorporates nothing but the 1 button, which is something Gandarans complain about alot when it’s them being blobbed. Whatever map YOLO goes on to, enemy counters with similar sized blob and the map becomes unfun for everyone else.

I won’t however continue this here from this post on as I’ve argued about the whole YOLO thing enough in our own forums/TS

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Why aren’t we Gandalf? That’s what I really want to know.

Despite the 9 rank difference, RoF, your VCY (I think) guild farmed us Gandarans nicely around Klovan earlier today.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

As a buddhist I don’t buy into the basic concept behind YOLO. I’ll live many lives until, through true awareness, i’ll gain my oneness, that i’m part of the One Undivided Soul… which is… I guess… a blob.

Hmmm.

This YOLO movement has thrust me into a real quandary. And questioning faith is bad, so says people.

tbh Rav, YOLO is just a bad idea. You counter blobs by not being a blob, by out thinking them, and by sieging and defending well. If MS have a blob in the morning don’t worry about it, we’ll eventually part ways. We can’t become what we hate to counter what we hate.

Also, i’m not a buddhist.

HAI TDA.

Also I see a few shouts of GvG, while we’re not built around GvG, and we don’t do much, we’d be up for some fun on Wednesday – 10v10. Give me a whisper/mail if interested. [dc] i’ll get in touch with you guys about some.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in Match-ups

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Listening to you guys talk about who is blobbing and what a blob looks like is really poor form, at least from the RoF point of view. You guys have guild blobs that are bigger than any zerg we can put together.

I play on a lower tier server for a reason. I like to be able to roam and I basically can’t move now. I got tired of getting run over by your blobs just one hour after the reset last night.

Oh well, back to the dungeons.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

Listening to you guys talk about who is blobbing and what a blob looks like is really poor form, at least from the RoF point of view. You guys have guild blobs that are bigger than any zerg we can put together.

I play on a lower tier server for a reason. I like to be able to roam and I basically can’t move now. I got tired of getting run over by your blobs just one hour after the reset last night.

Well yeah were going to have pretty different definitions of what a blob is i guess.
I know it sucks and im not trying to stick to boot in but … we can only play the hand were dealt. If given the option we wouldn’t have picked to be matched up with you.

I feel for you guys but theres not much we can really do about it : /

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

All servers have blobs; that’s the meta. Some servers have bigger blobs, our definitions will be different. JDGE moved from Desolation, Viz blobbed epically.

All servers have that big guild. Gandara’s average guild size however must be around 15.

Let’s chill out with the hyperbole and just focus on fighting. If there’s a blob, dodge it. If you’re a small guild shout the map you’re running on here and let other small guilds join the same map. Setup some GvG. Ignore points; matchups are broken and random anyway. Play for fun.

Enjoy Ascalonian Catacombs.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

Sorry for RoF @ Gandara @ Foghaven, we didnt see you all in Elemental from until we were in the middle xD

We actually wanted to change to pet form outselves but to late

VoTF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

All servers have that big guild. Gandara’s average guild size however must be around 15.

We actually don’t have that big guild. Our biggest guild can probably field 20 players at any one time. Our commanders lead our PuG players so the guilds can concentrate on small unit tactics or scouting, upgrading and defending.

Against similar sized servers we’re quite competitive with our setup, as we saw last week against Surmia. We were in the lead several times last week and picked up some server score at the end, while Surmia lost almost 70 points because they focused solely on us.

Enjoy Ascalonian Catacombs.

Crucible of Eternity actually. I’m making The Crossing for my Necro. If the “unconfirmed” changes are even close to what we’re actually getting the Necro is going to be a new addition to the WvW meta.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

MMMh Gandara BL was really frustrating today, I couldn’t find any of these 15 man guilds… Cheers to XxX and YARR, who were running on their own, (and XxX mauled us badly) rest was 40-50+, both Gandara nad MS :/

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yes I Cap.5389

Yes I Cap.5389

Sorry for RoF @ Gandara @ Foghaven, we didnt see you all in Elemental from until we were in the middle xD

Hahaha that was FIRE after about 2 hours of singing in ventrillo we thought we’d mess about in WvW tried rushing into you guys to give you a wtf moment while the 8 man zerg then came in and wiped you but you held out anyway, kudos for that ^^ after that we went EB and started swarming around as fire elementals but I think our server was more angry than you guys were laughing,

Cap Plox
Ring Of Fire :D Jonny Cash Guides us!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oceangrave.9657

Oceangrave.9657

Hahaha that was FIRE after about 2 hours of singing in ventrillo

I’d like to mention that my ears are bleeding at this very moment.

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

I’m banned from singing on our TS

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

I think people should stop being surprised that RoF fights back. A difference in ranks do not mean a difference in player skill. I would rather say alot of them are better players than what we have faced in higher tiers. The only difference is coverage. Stop acting surprised that they fight back or that their guilds have the ability to farm our pugs. RoF. You will not win this week. It is just how WvW work atm unfortunatly. Hope however to clash with your groups and guilds during our eventnights this week. Looking forward to it since I never met RoF

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

MMMh Gandara BL was really frustrating today, I couldn’t find any of these 15 man guilds… Cheers to XxX and YARR, who were running on their own, (and XxX mauled us badly) rest was 40-50+, both Gandara nad MS :/

I think you should thanks TDA for tonight, we dont run outself on saterday cause people go out and get drunk.
So the 2-5 of us ran with TDA tonight =D

Tomorrow we will run again.

Really respect to you TaG that despite the matchup you keep running as a guild!
I am sure youll find a lot of nice fights of your size, loads of guilds with the size of 10-20 on Gandara, I hope youll meet them and get loads of good fights =)

@ Riot, when TDA putted Catas at Hills, really awsome battle and cheers you came out as a guild to have a fight. Loved it!

VoTF

(edited by jaimy.4108)

in Match-ups

Butsu.9482

what song was it lloa?

[YaK] – Gandara
chippy di dippidy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

I really hope you do. So many bad habits being formed that i hope they’re punished and people learn a lesson.

Well i suppose you got your wish since us idiot pugs had to deal with at least 3 omegas and about 5 golems.

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

what song was it lloa?

The Narwhal song of course

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bevian.8973

Bevian.8973

what song was it lloa?

If it wasn’t: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

Then I’m dissapointed…
Edit: Ninjad!

(ps. Worst thing is, I wasn’t even there and I still knew what song)

[Dius] Corethiel – Support Elementalist

(edited by Bevian.8973)

in Match-ups

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

Cheers to everyone for the fights tonite, was a lot of fun.
Also thanks XxX and cntk for joing us for tonite.

Sorry to the “Fire” guys we didnt not see you were in fire elemental forms till we were in there already, tried to pop our tonics as well , and oh we killed the other grp that came here :p
/cry

@riot cheers for the fights today , were one of the best we had today

TDA

in Match-ups

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

jaimy better post up that video soon or ill regret paying that 100g

I’m a sucker :P Oh and cheers to all the enemy dudes we had fun with tonight whoever you may be!

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by multivira.7925)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I think people should stop being surprised that RoF fights back. A difference in ranks do not mean a difference in player skill. I would rather say alot of them are better players than what we have faced in higher tiers. The only difference is coverage. Stop acting surprised that they fight back or that their guilds have the ability to farm our pugs. RoF. You will not win this week. It is just how WvW work atm unfortunatly. Hope however to clash with your groups and guilds during our eventnights this week. Looking forward to it since I never met RoF

Our problem is the night… We have no commanders on at night, so we lose alot points then…