6/28 Maguuma/Tarnished Coast/Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Knoptix.5712

Knoptix.5712

I’m only writing this because im mad about the situation that is currently going on as we speak. TC is camping/mocking us in SOS BL at Gods by putting a treb there and throwing cows at the entrance. This is just plain rude. Sure this is just a game but mocking and just camping at one spot is just ridiculous

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I’m only writing this because im mad about the situation that is currently going on as we speak. TC is camping/mocking us in SOS BL at Gods by putting a treb there and throwing cows at the entrance. This is just plain rude. Sure this is just a game but mocking and just camping at one spot is just ridiculous

It’s probably just their dirty fetish.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Reply to NotInTheFace

If the commander was attacking Veloka (which I agree is more important to hold than Mendon’s) then why did he go to Mendon’s? If he had no supply (which is a perfectly valid reason not to help immediately), why didn’t he say so?

Also there are good reasons not to follow the commander. A good team raiding the other servers’ supply camps is an example. Hunting down dolyaks is another. And so on. There are things that are better done with a big zerg and others that are best done with only a few people. Also I’ll argue that me and the ~6 people who were in Mendon’s together made the right decision. I went to Mendon’s once the call went out on mapchat that there was a DB zerg attacking it. The commander either reacted slowly or chose to do something else first. The results are obvious: we got into Mendon’s and were in position to save it. The commander didn’t (or more accurately he did, but he got there late, and didn’t actually attempt to get into the tower).

SoS’s commanders aren’t inexperienced; I recognize many of the commanders and have seen them play for months. The problem is they’re subpar. I don’t want to name names, but some of the calls some commanders make just have no sense in them. A few more examples, I had one commander with a 50-man zerg wait 3 minutes outside a supply camp with RI. I had another commander yell for everyone to get on him and stack with the closest battle more than 20 seconds away. I followed his commands a couple of times, but once it became obvious he was wasting time I stopped. (This same commander’s idea of defending a tower against slightly superior numbers is to stack, rush out the portal, kill and get killed, rush back in, and stack again. If his zerg decreases in size, it’s his fault because he’s getting them killed.) I get the feeling that at least part of the reason people abandon the commander is because they have no faith in the commander’s calls. For example, I would switch maps or at least try to do something without the commander if the commander on whatever map I was in can’t be trusted. On the other hand if the commander is doing good work, I will travel across a hostile map to join his zerg. I play for the server, not to serve any individual commander.

PS: about SM I will choose to hold it. It’s more valuable than holding towers or keeps, and it’s not just because of points. Its location makes it especially strategic, and the simple fact that the server holds SM may entice players to join Eternal Battlegrounds. Difficult to hold, sure it is. Impossible though it is not, as TC are proving. The only complaint I have is how much gold (in the sense of upgrades and siege blueprints) has to be invested into holding SM. I envision WvW to be played for points, not to spend the least amount of gold. Presently many players are just abandoning towers and keeps on the grounds that they can’t be held. I would rather that not happen.

(edited by Jeydra.4386)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Reply to NotInTheFace

If the commander was attacking Veloka (which I agree is more important to hold than Mendon’s) then why did he go to Mendon’s? If he had no supply (which is a perfectly valid reason not to help immediately), why didn’t he say so?

Also there are good reasons not to follow the commander. A good team raiding the other servers’ supply camps is an example. Hunting down dolyaks is another. And so on. There are things that are better done with a big zerg and others that are best done with only a few people. Also I’ll argue that me and the ~6 people who were in Mendon’s together made the right decision. I went to Mendon’s once the call went out on mapchat that there was a DB zerg attacking it. The commander either reacted slowly or chose to do something else first. The results are obvious: we got into Mendon’s and were in position to save it. The commander didn’t (or more accurately he did, but he got there late, and didn’t actually attempt to get into the tower).

SoS’s commanders aren’t inexperienced; I recognize many of the commanders and have seen them play for months. The problem is they’re subpar. I don’t want to name names, but some of the calls some commanders make just have no sense in them. A few more examples, I had one commander with a 50-man zerg wait 3 minutes outside a supply camp with RI. I had another commander yell for everyone to get on him and stack with the closest battle more than 20 seconds away. I followed his commands a couple of times, but once it became obvious he was wasting time I stopped. (This same commander’s idea of defending a tower against slightly superior numbers is to stack, rush out the portal, kill and get killed, rush back in, and stack again. If his zerg decreases in size, it’s his fault because he’s getting them killed.) I get the feeling that at least part of the reason people abandon the commander is because they have no faith in the commander’s calls. For example, I would switch maps or at least try to do something without the commander if the commander on whatever map I was in can’t be trusted. On the other hand if the commander is doing good work, I will travel across a hostile map to join his zerg. I play for the server, not to serve any individual commander.

PS: about SM I will choose to hold it. It’s more valuable than holding towers or keeps, and it’s not just because of points. Its location makes it especially strategic, and the simple fact that the server holds SM may entice players to join Eternal Battlegrounds. Difficult to hold, sure it is. Impossible though it is not, as TC are proving. The only complaint I have is how much gold (in the sense of upgrades and siege blueprints) has to be invested into holding SM. I envision WvW to be played for points, not to spend the least amount of gold. Presently many players are just abandoning towers and keeps on the grounds that they can’t be held. I would rather that not happen.

Then tag up why don’t ya?

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Jeydra.4386

If you give me 100g, sure.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Go go Saiyr, get them trolls!

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

TC and SoS fighting for the privilege to give us their loot bags.
Thanks, guys! It’s sweet.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

This same commander’s idea of defending a tower against slightly superior numbers is to stack, rush out the portal, kill and get killed, rush back in, and stack again. If his zerg decreases in size, it’s his fault because he’s getting them killed.

This is standard practice in the T1-2 servers. If the numbers are relatively even (like in your example), it’s not the commanders fault if people die. Effective movement, skill usage and sticking close to the commander will help prevent death. Not being up-leveled and poorly geared helps as well

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Saw the TC zerg incoming and did the smart thing by defending Wild Creek for a while instead. x3

in Match-ups

Jeydra.4386

This same commander’s idea of defending a tower against slightly superior numbers is to stack, rush out the portal, kill and get killed, rush back in, and stack again. If his zerg decreases in size, it’s his fault because he’s getting them killed.

This is standard practice in the T1-2 servers. If the numbers are relatively even (like in your example), it’s not the commanders fault if people die. Effective movement, skill usage and sticking close to the commander will help prevent death. Not being up-leveled and poorly geared helps as well

Apologies I wasn’t detailed enough. Yes stacking, running out, running back in, re-stack etc does work, but it’s a strategy that has its places. What happens is that both sides are going to take deaths, and hopefully since you’re fully stacked while they are not you kill more than they do.

It didn’t work this time because the tower we were defending (from TC) was Durios. The tower is in TC’s territory – barring a full wipe their numbers will be essentially limitless (it doesn’t help either that they held their keep and they had a waypoint in it), while ours will dwindle. The couple of times I did this with the commander we scored plenty of kills. But each time we did it, we left a few dead bodies outside that we can’t res. If we were defending Veloka, sure this kind of attrition strategy will work. With Durios, it makes far more sense to just build a few ACs, leave 10+ people to hold the tower, and then take the zerg to cap the rest of the map that TC aren’t defending. Either TC leaves Durios to hunt the zerg (and the people at Durios are ready-made eyes on the zerg), or they lose supply camps or maybe even towers. Those people defending at Durios have nothing to lose either. If worst comes to worst and it’s obvious they cannot hold the tower, they can just disengage just before the wall / gate falls, and map back to Overlook.

Stacking is certainly a powerful tool, but use it blindly and it’ll even be counterproductive. It’s something I notice TC uses way better than SoS. When TC zerg shows up with stacks, SoS gets wiped. When SoS zerg shows up with stacks, TC may suffer some deaths, but they still win overall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Reply to NotInTheFace

Insert hoarse bat man voice.

“They’re not the commanders we deserve. But the ones SoS needs!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

are you really that insecure about your self that you need to talk smack on a forum

this guy ROFLMFAO!!!!

Don’t chase him off! His posts are amazing.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

and as far as irony goes… the irony of this is when you get stomped by a “bad thief” but only time will tell and a backbone on your part ill be waiting on your borderlands see you there

HEY, you want to test your close range sniping skills out Mr. Pro Thief. I am always at the dredge cave. If its our color come and find me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Sorry this is in late, but shout out to Mag’s VR on reset night. You had us scrambling. You’ve got great composition and great coordination. We want a rematch! I think you wiped us about 10 times… :-(

No, seriously though, I would love to see more of you guys this week. What times do you usually run?

Are you really asking when their peak times are? implying you want to know their off-peak times LOL

Basically asking them when the best time would be for you to zerg their map, while they’re not about haha

Have seen some good [EP]er’s lately tho so keep it up, only complaint u need to let me farm u guys more

Hey buddy.

http://makeagif.com/i/WQtNkm

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Are you really asking when their peak times are? implying you want to know their off-peak times LOL

Basically asking them when the best time would be for you to zerg their map, while they’re not about haha

LOL look at the score bub, does it really look like we need any help in that department? TC likes a challenge, when he asks when they’re on it’s because he wants to engage them and have a good night fighting them rather than steamrolling around the map!

Farming! HAH good one, I almost spat out my drink at the screen!

Go go Saiyr, get them trolls!

OH THE IRONING!! etc

Geez, I need more coffee…..

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

Godkitten this thread is good. I think some duels are in order!

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

Static.9841

Godkitten this thread is good. I think some duels are in order!

Party at the Windmill?

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I left a pie cooling in TC BL garrison yesterday evening. When I got back there were dirty bootprints everywhere and a note from Mags in the empty tin saying "Thanks, tasty, more please."

Seriously, wipe your feet off before you come in. Do you have any idea how long it takes to sweep those floors? *bounces after Jane Woo hoping for coffee too*

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Static.9841

bounces after Jane Woo hoping for coffee too

Get in line buster! MINE!

Oh ok, you can have some too…..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vadar.5724

Vadar.5724

I was the commander of the sos in that. We had been fighting the tc zerg for ages south of stonemist in open field combat. Managed to wipe them a good number of times. Then when we came after you guys they proceeded to follow us around wherever we went.

On the bright side, we took your keep first.

Also, always fun fighting a CERN lead zerg in open field. Thanks guys.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vadar.5724

Vadar.5724

Apologies I wasn’t detailed enough. Yes stacking, running out, running back in, re-stack etc does work, but it’s a strategy that has its places. What happens is that both sides are going to take deaths, and hopefully since you’re fully stacked while they are not you kill more than they do.

It didn’t work this time because the tower we were defending (from TC) was Durios. The tower is in TC’s territory – barring a full wipe their numbers will be essentially limitless (it doesn’t help either that they held their keep and they had a waypoint in it), while ours will dwindle. The couple of times I did this with the commander we scored plenty of kills. But each time we did it, we left a few dead bodies outside that we can’t res. If we were defending Veloka, sure this kind of attrition strategy will work. With Durios, it makes far more sense to just build a few ACs, leave 10+ people to hold the tower, and then take the zerg to cap the rest of the map that TC aren’t defending. Either TC leaves Durios to hunt the zerg (and the people at Durios are ready-made eyes on the zerg), or they lose supply camps or maybe even towers. Those people defending at Durios have nothing to lose either. If worst comes to worst and it’s obvious they cannot hold the tower, they can just disengage just before the wall / gate falls, and map back to Overlook.

Stacking is certainly a powerful tool, but use it blindly and it’ll even be counterproductive. It’s something I notice TC uses way better than SoS. When TC zerg shows up with stacks, SoS gets wiped. When SoS zerg shows up with stacks, TC may suffer some deaths, but they still win overall.

A commander can only do so much… You do realise in that case it was probably due to having more fun than avoiding deaths? and not being cowards and just hiding in the tower on bloody arrow carts. Sometimes it is about fun and not saving a few silver… You’ve obviously never played in t1.

and why do I feel like you are talking about me?

(edited by Vadar.5724)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Sorry this is in late, but shout out to Mag’s VR on reset night. You had us scrambling. You’ve got great composition and great coordination. We want a rematch! I think you wiped us about 10 times… :-(

No, seriously though, I would love to see more of you guys this week. What times do you usually run?

EP is interested in good/challenging fights. That what we want, and that’s what I was seeking.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I for one am already looking forward to next week. I’d love to get another crack at one of the Tier 1 servers so that we can have some competition. The thing that I am most proud about TC is that we don’t quit and whine on the forums when we are outclassed by better servers. We just dust ourselves off, regroup, and get back out there.

I REALLY miss the days when there were three servers going at it all week long and the final score wasn’t decided until the last hours of the match. Since the new match-up system, with the exception of one week, TC has been paired with lesser competition that just can’t put up a fight, and it is killing many people’s motivation to play.

Please Arena net, give us JQ just to see how we do!!!!

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I for one am already looking forward to next week. I’d love to get another crack at one of the Tier 1 servers so that we can have some competition. The thing that I am most proud about TC is that we don’t quit and whine on the forums when we are outclassed by better servers. We just dust ourselves off, regroup, and get back out there.

I REALLY miss the days when there were three servers going at it all week long and the final score wasn’t decided until the last hours of the match. Since the new match-up system, with the exception of one week, TC has been paired with lesser competition that just can’t put up a fight, and it is killing many people’s motivation to play.

Please Arena net, give us JQ just to see how we do!!!!

I think a JQ/BG/TC would be optimal for TC.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

it makes far more sense to just build a few ACs, leave 10+ people to hold the tower, and then take the zerg to cap the rest of the map that TC aren’t defending.

That’s no fun at all
Fighting is a lot more fun, no matter the circumstance imo

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ren.6351

Ren.6351

Heyhey Maguumybears (think I spelt that wrong oops!). Haha how’s everyone doing? AND YOU BONY!! (Reminds me of our CD/Mag matchup haha!)

Blackgate – Guardian – Leaxanna
Leader of Presence [Awe] – Awevival? :D

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

And to think I was hoping for a civilized matchup thread this week….

Kinda hard when the very first post says it’s time to own all RPers, isn’t it?

I thought of comming back to the game since we FINALLY got rid of the eternal matches against FA, but with the very first post in the WWW thread like that, I already lost my appetite for WWW.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neophyte.4985

Neophyte.4985

Actually if you wanted zerg balling you want SoR and BG. JQ isn’t exactly known for that and using that tactic against them, who are used to it, wouldn’t be the smartest move. One of the reasons TC wants to fight them so bad. They would force us to go back to our roots.

The Shining Force [TSF] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

about SM I will choose to hold it. It’s more valuable than holding towers or keeps, and it’s not just because of points. Its location makes it especially strategic, and the simple fact that the server holds SM may entice players to join Eternal Battlegrounds

I fully agree. It’s a sore point on TC for months: take SM or not. In my opinion, SM deserves to be defended with everything you got. The reason is not the points you get from it, but when you hold SM, you own the map: you can attack pretty much everything and no one can stage a big attack on your keep.

SM is the perfect place to have and hold.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I thought of comming back to the game since we FINALLY got rid of the eternal matches against FA, but with the very first post in the WWW thread like that, I already lost my appetite for WWW.

Thank you saiyr!

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Since the new match-up system, with the exception of one week, TC has been paired with lesser competition that just can’t put up a fight, and it is killing many people’s motivation to play.

We really needed to tell SoR to try to kill our motivation instead of trying to kill us.

They might take our lives, but they will never take our fr… wait a minute, lives just about covers the whole shebang, doesn’t it? Pfft, stupid quote.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

SM is the perfect place to have and hold.

...to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part?

SM is just like the marriage vow, except death comes a lot sooner.

It’s better to give than it is to receive, especially when we’re talkin’ the trebbin’.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

Never have i seen that many players on one screen. The lag is insane… It was…

P.S. you wanna GVG, do it on TC map.

Attachments:

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Thank you saiyr!

Seriously, I’ve never seen so much wounded pride over a joke post

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

This thread is sooo much better than ours atm. Freaking Kain/YB have literally given up it seems.

This post here is the best though…..

and as far as irony goes… the irony of this is when you get stomped by a “bad thief” but only time will tell and a backbone on your part ill be waiting on your borderlands see you there

HEY, you want to test your close range sniping skills out Mr. Pro Thief. I am always at the dredge cave. If its our color come and find me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: amanda.6178

amanda.6178

This thread. A+. 10/10. Would read again and recommend to my friends. You guys are too much.

Rafiira | Guardian/Mesmer/Ranger
[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Match-ups

Posted by: Varok.9570

Varok.9570

Quality thread. If this matchup was a mythical animal , it would be a pink unicorn with rainbow wings covered in chocolate with cookies as ears.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

Never have i seen that many players on one screen. The lag is insane… It was…

P.S. you wanna GVG, do it on TC map.

It’s Plok! Hi, Plok! And GOAT. All the GOATs! Went to GOAT night once. Brought a bag for them to eat and everything, but was like only one GOAT, so I left.

Did you know goats really like bags? Like this one time when I was at the zoo, there was these people and they was feeding a goat. But it ate their bag instead. Cause it was a goat.

You know, you should totally GvG Fun. Bring all the GOATs. Could stomp Fun into the ground. Would be amazing.

Probably a lot of work just to beat me up. But if you’re ever bored, I’m usually in the TCBL. Running around. Doing stuff. Possibly dying.

With my new hammer! For my new warrior.

Elwyn Smash!

Attachments:

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

in Match-ups

Posted by: NotInTheFace.6075

NotInTheFace.6075

Reply to Jeydra
(Throughout this post while I mention FaTe, I do mean FaTe and the few militia and other WvW guild members who helped to accomplish these things by following our commanders)

Last effort I will make to bring more reason and organization to SoS as a whole, by dispelling your myths that many freelancers like yourself hold, and hopefully help you see the reasoning that will lead to more winning.

WvW rewards larger numbers together. Its a fact. You can carry more supplies as a group, hit harder and use more buffs as a group, do more and absorb more damaged, one group can man siege gear while others defend their usage, and finally you can rally and pick up the downed. You can take yak’s, guard posts, and after 5-10 minutes a supply camp solo. A zerg of 40-80 can do that in a split second and capture towers, keeps, and the castle, that is why its a fact.

Example last night on Mag BL FaTe takes a tower and three supply camps with roughly 20 people. TC has about 10 who are in the area and are wiped throughout. TC responds with about 20 as we are taking the 3rd supply camp and are wiped again. We take the second tower TC responds with 30 and we wipe them again. Split up TC retook the first tower, leaving us 3 supply camps and a tower. Finally, they bring 40 we wipe them and retake the first tower. Before we move on a keep they respond 80 deep and proceed to wipe us. What changed? They responded with larger and larger organized numbers. When they were split up and had some off doing their own thing retaking the tower, defending another tower we wiped them and proceeded to take assets. When they worked together we got wiped and with no chance at reinforcements we left them to the retake their stuff while FaTe went to EB to take SM, after a short detour to wreck a Mag guild camping the opening to the EB jumping puzzle.

The long winded point is that numbers make the difference. TC SOR DB ect are all top tier servers more for their sheer numbers than commanders. A good commander will make a difference for sure, but an organized presence of larger guilds, and even more importantly an organized militia that follows the commander on a map will lead to the score you see where they are able to take everything on multiple maps. Fact.

You answer my points on your scenario with questions. That is a problem. If you and the other had been with the commander you would have been able to say what the commander was doing, and helped it get accomplished with time to return to the tower to hit their group 21 vs 25 which is much easier than 15 vs 25 doable but hard. As for hiding in the tower when you have equal numbers and you have a home way point would be subpar decision making.

In your alternative since no supply camps were held, we will give the benefit of the doubt and say they had 70 supply which is 2 ACs. Lovely. Depending on placement( making sure AoE can’t hit them) means you can hit whatever is just in front of the door. They simply go to the outcropping and cat the wall/door down while you sit there until they come take it anyway or are forced to make a run at their seige while they are ready for it and see you coming and aoe you to death.

You will see that SM holding comes with number advantage when FaTe took it against t4 servers like CD we held it all week and could make pushes for more at times and flip entire maps. When populations increase SM becomes a constant target hittable from many points. Even TC has had trouble pushing while they held SM until they reached empty timezones for SoS. FaTe has lead three different takes of it this week successfully, and when FaTe took SM last night with under 40 man zerg, and we called in all the soloers we were able to siege it up and hold it for over an hour with 70 there against a full TC zerg. When we wiped them and guessed they gave up, and went to help Ogre’s TC respond with 10+ alphas to melt both gates in under 2 minutes and cap it (by the way, well played TC). The difference this time, numbers, resources and tactics. All possible through large numbers and organization, not people off killing a useless yak or guard point.

You spent your money on the game, play it how you want, but certainly don’t whine about losing and subpar commanding while you do that and claim to be for the server’s success, while freelancing actually does the reverse. Like a poster said Tag up, walk the mile, until then gain experiencing helping commanders through your actions to be more successful. That is a win/win.

Fur Sack
Fate Commander
SoS

(edited by NotInTheFace.6075)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Wow, slow down with the words, there.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

but mag there just really horrible all around

shinobii khai we get complimented all the time on us being a great server in fact even people who cant stand us compliment us and tell us were pretty good.. no your right were not the best and we dont claim to be but we kitten ed sure aint the worst and if u think your any better then come and show us how to play properly… other than that nice troll attempt sorry it didnt work though ill still be doing what i do best in wv3

thats killing my enemies with precision thanks

saiyr-sama, on behalf of maguuma

Saiyr won with this one in my opinion. No coming back for Shinobii, mad leet ninja skills or no.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I love the back seat commandeering going on here.

Situation: Commander leads a group (20 people) down to Durios for a quick cap. Rams go up and the gate is at 75%. The call comes in “[insert server name] zerg at Mendons”

In a “normal” matchup: you pull off and defend Mendon’s

If it’s a “TC zerg at Mendon’s”: It becomes more complex. If it’s a 40+ mega zerg, you will A. Not get there in time; B. Get wiped even if you do.

So, do you trade your T1 tower for their T1 tower?

In any “normal” situation where there isn’t a huge disparity in WvW numbers and WvW organized guild groups; you’d make the defense of your 3rd of the map the most important priority. Even over the holding of SM (if it’s not upgraded).

To sum up, SoS commanders learned how to commander when the matchups were supposed to be more or less even; these last 5 weeks no amount of superior leadership and tactics would reverse these outcomes significantly.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MikeB.3857

MikeB.3857

I’d like to give a shout out to TC and the awesome time we had at Godslore on Saturday night. You guys had two zergs up there, both bigger than our one army and we held you off for quite a while. That Char just kept circling the one zerg over and over. First time we got a good amount of bags. The second battle we couldnt muster as many troops so I’m sure you guys got a ton of bags.

Anyways, was the best time we have had during this horrible stretch of matches.

Revered – [REVD]
Maizen Blue – Thief

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

...to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part?

SM is just like the marriage vow, except death comes a lot sooner.

Quoting myself to set up the easy joke.

This whole thread is the back n’ forth between a couple with many anniversaries. We squibbie with the squabble, but under it all, there is love. Except in our case, I guess it’s a 1-week stand involving a really weird 3-way. But there is love.

YaY LoVe!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelda.7013

Zelda.7013

I enjoyed fighting the [TS] commander this morning with [CERN]. We were a bit outnumbered but that is what made it fun! Good fights, guys!

Here was the scene:

Attachments:

(edited by Zelda.7013)

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

So that’s what Vorm was up to… Eh, wish I had been there. Hope CERN got many loot bags from that.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Why TC, you too SoS, do you have to fight with greater numbers? 90% of Mags will see a 1v1 fight and just watch and wait until the end to tag the player. You guys have to have 2+ to even engage in the fight.

in Match-ups

Static.9841

Why TC, you too SoS, do you have to fight with greater numbers? 90% of Mags will see a 1v1 fight and just watch and wait until the end to tag the player.

I think this is the biggest lie in the thread so far! Good show!

(edited by Static.9841)

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

but mag there just really horrible all around

shinobii khai we get complimented all the time on us being a great server in fact even people who cant stand us compliment us and tell us were pretty good.. no your right were not the best and we dont claim to be but we kitten ed sure aint the worst and if u think your any better then come and show us how to play properly… other than that nice troll attempt sorry it didnt work though ill still be doing what i do best in wv3

thats killing my enemies with precision thanks

saiyr-sama, on behalf of maguuma

Saiyr won with this one in my opinion. No coming back for Shinobii, mad leet ninja skills or no.

Guys be nice to him. I think Shinobii almost killed someone who wasn’t fighting back. Impressive.

Go TC!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet