6/28 Ring of Fire / Fissure of Woe / Vabbi

in Match-ups

Posted by: biglilstampie.2410

biglilstampie.2410

awwwww, Last week RoF worked really really hard to keep enough points against MS and Gandara to gain rating who were 9 ranks above us i believe, so don’t start saying our server does not work hard and please stop speaking about tiers cause they don’t really matter anymore, please look at what ranking servers are placed instead

Thanks for the fights tonight FoW TaG had fun fighting whoever we could :P i have noticed since last match-up how much FoW has improved! btw great portal bomb and push at north bay earlier, you surprised us all :P

Friendly neighborhood commander – [TaG]Mr Cuddlés – RoF

(edited by biglilstampie.2410)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

T9 will live forever! In our hearts. <3
The fighting tonight was a bit of a blur.

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

K so, no idea why I’m still following this thread, but thought I’d attempt to share my perspective as a (hopefully) neutral, probs my last post here.

RoF is a nice server, I’m pretty sure Herr de Friehoffe (apologies for any misspelling) is one of the forum warriors of said server – most, arguably all servers have them; I find some members of XxX on my server to be particularly mouthy and disrespectful on the forums, that said they have the ’they’re Italian they don’t mean to say it that way’ thing going for them.

As with any Server winning by a ridiculous amount vs 1 or more significantly lower tiered servers, RoF most likely has all of it’s PvE slackers, Orr campers and WXP hoes streaming in like there’s no tomorrow – which would also explain the being able to kill 10 of them with 2 thing – fighting a player is somewhat harder than face rolling over the 1 key to kill Shadow Behemoth. Among each server you will find duellists and skilled players, though in some they will occur rather infrequently (cough cough Abbablob cough) and in some servers you will never see an enemy outside his keep on his Superior AC munching his bratwurst unless in an 80 man rolling blob at 4am supporting 5 Omega Golems (see last bracket). Sorry that devolved into meaningless flaming, what I meant was I don’t think that applies to you guys, you’d all likely to have good solo downers and good small group fighters – I’d wager that guy challenging people with his gauntlets on the last page knows his way around a fight.

I also move that the denizens of RoF be henceforth referred to as ‘RoFlers’.

TL;DR – you girls are all pretty, cyu next time ANet sees fit to release us from the German Horde…

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in Match-ups

Posted by: agnofinitra.6791

agnofinitra.6791

RoF may have as many points as RoS had last week, but RoS was 10 classes better than RoF. Some RoF players here keep talking about “trash”…. well 95% of the RoF players I fought the last two days were beyond trash when it comes to skill. So yeah, you own us because you have the far greater numbers but the average skill level is much worse on your server than on ours. Just saying. Your lucky to have guilds like [TaG] or you’d be in T9 constantly.

There are a lot more guilds playing WvW in RoF than TaG bro.

sorry, my english isn’t that good, should have been: “There are a lot more decent WvW guilds playing on RoF than TaG bro”.
but you know what I meant and just wanted to make a stupid comment on it.

On topic now: Had a lot of fun since reset, hope FoW can get the same numbers the whole week as we have seen so far. And I walked through your gate again in EB, not intentional and went back as soon as I could! ^^ fix it ANet!

Member of Pain Intended [PI] on Ring of Fire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skyeyes.4935

Skyeyes.4935

All this trash talk is seriously wearing. The simple facts here are that silly matchups are occurring all across the board. There was maybe one sensible matchup this week, if you look at the day 2 scores MOST of the matches are complete walkovers. Very rarely do we see gripping close-fought battles that rage all week long and are finally tipped by who got Stonemist last.

I know there will be those few angry flaming types on these forums (saying unsportsmanlike and frankly ill thought out knee-jerk things like ‘delete the servers’ etc.), but for the most part all of us on RoF are not hating on FoW or Vabbi, we are just frustrated by the broken matchup system.

As a ROFfian, I’ve been both the steamroller of smaller servers like Vabbi and FoW, and I’ve been steamrollered in my turn by the like of Millers/Gendara. Neither is fun.

There simply shouldn’t be these massive population differences which make the game of WvW pointless. The game is about tactics and strategy, which are entirely negated when one server could have Napoleon Bonaparte himself as their Commander, but just don’t have the troop numbers to carry out the genius plans. I LOVE trying to guess what the enemy is up to, but what kittens me off is inevitability of victory or defeat.

I for one think that Anet could do more to help equalise the situation. Perhaps FoW and Vabbi could be merged to overcome their numbers problem, or maybe some of the largest servers could be fractured into smaller ones (though I understand that server-pride would see a lot of people outraged by these ideas). Perhaps something like free transfers to low population servers would help, or better yet the price of transfer could scale with the location of the transfer. Cheap as chips to go and buoy up the numbers of Vabbi, or a massive whopping cost if you feel like running in a T3 blob.

I would just like to see devs throwing suggestions for solutions out there, and not simply reading these perma-negative forum threads and shrugging. They had a brave new idea with the RNG – it didn’t work. Now let’s think up more brave new ideas.

Finally, to FoW and Vabbi, I look forward to being utterly thwarted in single combat by your many individually excellent players this week. You have my sympathies for being the perpetual underdogs, but maybe when we get some concrete solutions for matchups you’ll be able to show your true colours.

And kudos FoW for being really impressive and pulling together quite a serious crowd of people for reset. It was a pleasure to actually have to concede points to you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: callumbrock.2153

callumbrock.2153

Hey rof reset was fun enjoyed for battle for our keep I think you took all our gates and some walls to like 10% after that got very hard to hold xD but hope for more fights like that.. we don’t mind fighting outmanned its just when its 5 to 1 people on fow will just give up then cant blame us tho =]

1 of the commanders of Avenges of woe (WvW)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Captaine Fox.8632

Captaine Fox.8632

Hey guys, how about some duels on Vabbi border’s windmill (South of Victor’s Orchard)?:P Already there and waiting atm

Kol Summer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

How about some GvsG at 7 pm UK time at Vabbi border Windmill?

in Match-ups

Posted by: yroeht.5843

yroeht.5843

• majority of RoF players I encounter using food buffes (not talking about magic find)

Food and oil are a part of builds. You don’t expect people to run without trinkets either, do you?

• 40 ppl RoF Zerg chasing one single character in open field, even if that deviates from that Zerg’s actual target.

They were probably just bored out of their mind.

• leaving one FoW Necromancer in just taken tower allive, so he can res FoW Mesmer, kill in tower remaining RoF players and take the tower back, just after u took it.

Maybe they did it on purpose, to play with you? “Let them have it so we can get it back after”, something like that.

• Needing to use Ele-exploit (Scepter #2) to kill defending siege without line of sight.

As long as there were no zoomhacks involved, I don’t see any offense in taking advantage of a skills’s lack of los requirement.

Your points are more about T9 being the infantile-mode of WvW than about RoF being bad.

Necromancer – Xexa The Machine [RiOT] | Ruins of Surmia
http://www.thecivilrebels.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

please, guys don’t fight over the forums, let’s keep a good mood and all that stuff.
also, yroeht, was a pleasure doing tournaments with you

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

(edited by Gizmorage.6412)

in Match-ups

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I’m not saying RoF is bad. Just saying that I do not understand your attitute. On one hand you complain how boing the matchup is. On the other hand many RoF don’t seem to want a challange by using everything they got to get some advantage (food buff for example). And honestly, only a few buffs can be considered a real part of a build, like life steal on crit, others are just an acceleration of your build. At least that’s how I see it.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Verach.3789

Verach.3789

To those aTs people who were dueling by the Vabbian Windmill, I spoke to the Vabbi Commander, Red Anja, who pulled back after I told them duels were happening, and said that they wouldn’t send more forces there.

In other words. Duels are back on!

~That annoying red and white Asura with the horn~

Alara Saitle [AKP] – Commander
Fissure of Woe – Ascalonian Knights of Peace: Commander
Fight with Honour, and Integrity.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

• majority of RoF players I encounter using food buffes (not talking about magic find)

Food and oil are a part of builds. You don’t expect people to run without trinkets either, do you?

I don’t run food and oil really.. mostly because i’m way too lazy/ can’t remember to reapply it

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

(edited by Gwalchgwn.1659)

in Match-ups

Verach.3789

By the way, if someone from the other server invites you to a party, please accept it…

They likely want to ask if you’re friendly or not, or if you want to duel

in Match-ups

biglilstampie.2410

or… as a FoW’r did to me today, invited me to a party to mouth me off, such a nice guy!

in Match-ups

Verach.3789

Hey, I invited a RoF guy earlier and all he did was jump on my corpse and laugh at me, even though I was playing my horn at him :P Unfortunately those people are everywhere

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

kitten everywhere sadly ^^ same happened to me with rof, but for the most part i only met nice people with whom i had great pleasure talking on rof

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Verach.3789

Yeah, I’ve met some lovely people from Vabbi and RoF tonight in Vabbi borderlands by the windmill ^^ I spoke to those two people you killed earlier Rhaz, they were just WvWing not dueling, so all good.

in Match-ups

Hule.8794

Hey Varach, nice duels. I’ll tell my guildmate to put those horns up again at Tuesday.

For all: Tuesday, 7pm UK time, Vabbi Windmill, from 2vs2 to many vs many only depends how many players you take to meeting.

And about RoF players behaving badly, mostly those are PvE players that come to WvW only because we are winning. You can see it on every server,not only RoF. Regular WvW RoFers just took a break for a week. Or are dueling at Vabbis.

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

i won’t feel bad about it then, thank you for the precision alara ^^(also, akp, AKP everywhere… on the forums, now need to improve that wvw presence haha)

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

(edited by Gizmorage.6412)

in Match-ups

Verach.3789

Hehe, I understand :P

I didn’t really have much to do with the duels, but I enjoyed watching them, and trying to keep them going by ceasing aggression :P

I was the little Asura who watched for the entire time ;P

And yeah, I have no doubt about RoF as a server, the behaviour of a few will not change my opinion of the server ^^

in Match-ups

biglilstampie.2410

Why FoW kill quaggans, we did nothing to you FoooOOoo!

in Match-ups

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

Random guild trip to acquire quaggan tonic supply ended up in quaggan raid in FoW BL. We had a lot of fun today and no kittens were given :P

But beware FoW, if you hit quaggan too many times, he might get angry…

Attachments:

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

Quaggans are so OP, they need nerfs. . – .)/
Thanks for the fun tonight [TaG] and friends!

Also had a nice fight with a [Wowa], I think, Charr mesmer. :>

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Posted by: thelma.9824

thelma.9824

I’m not saying that I like this matchup so much either but want to say hello to those 5 TaG people who killed me twice when I tried soloing them. I guess I’m not quite yet able to kill you all by myself (but HAD to try). A special thanks to for those two of you that bowed to my corpse, that doesn’t happen too often

I’d be happy to duel you, Vabbi BL windmill tonight? Or throw me or any Jd members a whisper?

Norn mesmer
Jam Death [Jd]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Honestly. Go away. Find another server. Close Vabbi and FoW!

Oh yeah, and then be joined with a server filled with people who think like you? I think not..

Native FoW, and will never ever leave.. When the going gets though, the though get going.. But the even thougher ones, they remain.. FoW for life!

Seriously: Instead of removing these two servers, split up another one and add it to our WvW tier (so we have a nice tier with low-medium popped servers).

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in Match-ups

Gwalchgwn.1659

To everyone who talks about removing/splitting servers
Remember we play a three-server war. You don’t talk about removing a server, you talk about removing 3 servers. Please refrain from making arguments that rely on removing an amount of servers not equal to an x times 3…

Ring of Fire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irina.1539

Irina.1539

A special thanks to for those two of you that bowed to my corpse, that doesn’t happen too often

You’re welcome. Fighting like a hero instead of running to the invulnerable spot near the gate deserved some /bowing respect

in Match-ups

TyPin.9860

Remember we play a three-server war. You don’t talk about removing a server, you talk about removing 3 servers. Please refrain from making arguments that rely on removing an amount of servers not equal to an x times 3…

When x=2/3, then x times 3 makes 2^^ /troll

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

Careful guys, the Mathematicians are loose.

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

And it burns, burns, BURNS! The ring of fire! THE RING OF FIRE!

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

Had fun watching, and sometimes fighting, at the mill in Vabbi BL! Alas food called me away. I learned gearing for toughness isn’t the best and I should stop being a chicken.

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Hule.8794

Dont forget,guys. Tuesday 7pm UK time Vabbi borderland at Mill down at soutch camp. Guild vs Guild,duels.

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

I hope someone takes you up on GvG, I’d very much like to watch. :>

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Thanks for some nice duels in Vabbi bl!

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

We clearly need more for duels!

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

biglilstampie.2410

Need moar people to duel! come vabbi south camp windmill!

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

Quaggan vs level 16 was the most intense fight.

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

i dont care fighting FoW and Vabbi, since someone has to do it. BUT… My problem is that we did it 3 weeks ago and now again…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

Thanks to all FoW people who did participate in 1vs1 Duels at vabbi windmill!
We did enjoy it and are looking forward for more duels this week. :P

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

Gwalchgwn.1659

When x=2/3, then x times 3 makes 2^^ /troll

I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. But I will look for you, I will find you… and I will kill you.
… :P

Ring of Fire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

i dont care fighting FoW and Vabbi, since someone has to do it. BUT… My problem is that we did it 3 weeks ago and now again…

We got so sick of this situation that we went and bought a custom arena.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Match-ups

Verach.3789

Thanks to all FoW people who did participate in 1vs1 Duels at vabbi windmill!
We did enjoy it and are looking forward for more duels this week. :P

Was a pleasure, thanks for coming down :P

I was the level 16 Asuran thief who tried kitten it! XD

And lvl 16 vs Quaggan indeed best fight EU.

in Match-ups

biglilstampie.2410

Wednesday 7pm GMT there will be a dueling night at Vabbi BL windmill(south camp), the same as the last match up we had It would be nice to actually see Vabbi there aswell. also don’t try turn up and ruin it or the other team will just keep killing you. hope to see people there

When we are there we can also try arrange some 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5 if people are up for it
P.S bring fireworks and snacks nomnomnomnom
P.S thanks for the duels at the windmill tonight as well!

in Match-ups

Verach.3789

I actually tried to use fireworks last time I was there, they didn’t work for some reason. I don’t know if that was just me though, or if Fireworks are disabled in WvW

in Match-ups

TyPin.9860

Trash can again. Great.

@trash can talks:
How dare you sir? I demand satisfaction (virtual glove in face slapping) and challange you to a duel you vs. me. My character of choice is Rumple Stilts Skin and I will meet you at a place of your choice. (just PM me, if you accept, I am online most evenings).

We got so sick of this situation that we went and bought a custom arena.

Interesting. Shmash talking on FoW and Vabbi but too chicken to accept my challange but instead going PvP with your guys. Scared to lose?

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in Match-ups

Posted by: jabberjabber.6804

jabberjabber.6804

Dont forget,guys. Tuesday 7pm UK time Vabbi borderland at Mill down at soutch camp. Guild vs Guild,duels.

…speaking for the Aussie/SEA/Oceania contingent of Guild Alpharius [Alph] on FoW, if there happens to be any Aussie prime time players in RoF or Vabbi (which is early morning EU), feel free to whisper me in game – a number of our guild wouldn’t mind a few duels this week I suspect

Commander Aldronia
Guild Leader of Alpharius [Alph]: a PvX guild in Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: thelma.9824

thelma.9824

Ty all the friendly TaG people that I had the pleasure to duel last night. There weren’t so many people there from FoW but maybe it was getting too late for some people. I will most definately be there on Wednesday night! And I want a rematch with you, Mr Cuddles :-)

Norn mesmer
Jam Death [Jd]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azrexx.5469

Azrexx.5469

And about RoF players behaving badly, mostly those are PvE players that come to WvW only because we are winning. You can see it on every server,not only RoF. Regular WvW RoFers just took a break for a week. Or are dueling at Vabbis.

So you say regular or better WvW’ers from RoF aren’t playing this week, or are duelling with FoW’ers or Vabbis? How would you explain that we have that much map control? Because PvE’ers came to help in the fights. Don’t just say that people who play more PvE then WvW have a bad behaviour in WvW, I’ve seen good WvW’ers act childish too.

Aurora Glade

in Match-ups

Hule.8794

Yes they play, but dont focus on WvW like last week. Or other weeks we fight against stronger enemies.
PvE’ers just came to WvW because we are winning not to help fight.Otherwise they came last week when we were loosing.(and this is the same on every server,not only RoF)
When you see one thief roaming on your BL, PvE player will start to chase him,alone or in group. Good WvWer will just go to camp where thief is heading and wait for him there. (why? because on camp there are no mobs thief can ress from)
And why we have full map? Maybe because RoF have better numbers, doesn’t matter if WvW’ers of PvE’ers.