6/28 Sanctum of Rall/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Josh.3759

Josh.3759

Your strategic movements on the open battlefield and class variations says otherwise. Why [BT] go through all that trouble of working on builds too just blob the map? I’m at a lost for this what’s wrong with making a fool of yourself as long the fight was good.

Good Fights GvG | WvW Team
| LvL 80 elementalist Call Meh God | Multi-Gaming no lifer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

The BG militia follows BT because they believe they will be led to victory you can’t blame BT for that. They have a reputation for being effective. If they didn’t then no one would follow them. The “Rallians” flock to IRON or TW tags for the same reason.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crimedawg.8954

Crimedawg.8954

From the SoR side of the fence, BT seems like a solid guild and a worthy opponent. T1 has plenty of solid guilds. Crying because they broke up a GvG kitten fest is similar to whining because someone killed you when you were picking onions.

[Tsym] – Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall
Running 15 in a BL near you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

Has TW and BT ever gvg against each other?

I sense a gvg in the in the near coming future. :P

BT won’t fight with equal numbers, there is a reason that they always deny GvG’s Has to be a Full BL or they won’t leave PK.

TW is a hardcore guild and the vast majority of the other guilds in this game are relatively casual. Seems pretty silly picking on BT (or any other guild for that matter) because they don’t care about the game as much as TW does. Try fighting guilds that do actually care… oh wait, we all know what happens then. 11-0.

Yes. We lost 11-0? It was a good learning experience for us as well. We have no shame in admitting we lost to a skilled guild such as RG. Try again troll, until then go back to your hole.

That’s all well and good, but my post was aimed at Hoots’ jabs about casual guilds not wanting to GvG.

This is off topic, but I remember you now. You were in SoS. Used to be part be part of TSym. Always wondered why you were so neutral to TSym but SOOOOO hostile towards all the other SoR guilds.

What..? I’ve never been on SoS and I’ve never been in TSym (nor would I want to be).

TSYM wouldn’t take a random scrub – get your facts straight ~_^

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Btw, we can agree that BT and TW are the best guilds in NA servers. =P

Aggression is pretty good too imo.

Honestly, Agg reminds me of the bad, wannabe version of RG.

TW no different.

Angry SoR/TW posters inc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

This TW vs BT argument is juicy but can it stop? Show other servers/guilds some respect.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

RG was/is one of if not the most effective guild in GW2 right now.

Anyone not attempting to replicate or at least incorporate some of RG’s methods into their scheme are probably missing an opportunity to progress as a guild.

That being said everything takes time and practice to perfect so I don’t expect Agg to become RG overnight but if they are in fact attempting to emulate RG I would say they picked a good guild to serve as their template.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I think I might take a break from WvW (or gaming for that matter) , the amount of malicious hostility I feel expressed daily by other servers and even several servermates has just turned me off Guild Wars.

I wish we could all be adults and just play the game but that’d be asking too much.

Guess I’ll just stick to playing Flower.

You might just need a break from WvW in general.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzy got mobbed down by NYS and siege was donated on his behalf. lol it was funny. thanks for the laughs

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zagan.5287

Zagan.5287

this forum are full of downs

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

The BG militia follows BT because they believe they will be led to victory you can’t blame BT for that. They have a reputation for being effective. If they didn’t then no one would follow them. The “Rallians” flock to IRON or TW tags for the same reason.

Agreed. No different than other servers. Commanders of each have surely built a reputation amongst rallians by now so they seek them out cause they get things done. Consider it as a show of respect when you see a huge blob of mixed tags, haha.

I remember some new commander on SOR a month ago got us wiped multiple times due to questionable tactics as he kept taking us to the same bridge to be easily flanked over and over. Those of us on teamspeak were cool and chat box was drama free as well. However, on the 3rd wipe he typed in the chat box “Hey where did everybody go?”…. hehehe.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Micah.8423

Micah.8423

If you just look at these posts,
And you see how some people boast,
Anger you’ll feel,
But this isn’t real,
As these are not felt by most.

Fancybottom is best bottom.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

I’m a member of BT, not an officer or spokesman but my personal take is this:

First, BT has a total of around 104 members in the guild. Typically on a given weeknight, we run between 25-40, depending upon the day and attendance. Would say 30-35 is a more accurate daily estimate though with summer being here, I’d expect that to drop.

As someone pointed our previously, we prefer to run on our own due to our own theory crafting, build management and strategies. On most nights we tend to stay on our own Teamspeak to try and sticking to running BT only. We’ve publicly asked militia at times to join on another commander in the zone or even have a BT secondary commander break off to lead militia around on the map to make BG as a whole more effective in the zone.

We as a whole transferred to Tier 1 “for the fights” and certainly have not been disappointed by it. Guilds like SF, Choo, Agg (btw: welcome to tier 1), TSYM, HL, HzH, TW and others were what drove us to make the move. We did our homework and felt that in coming to BG, we would have the best fights against some pretty quality opponents. We have not been disappointed and hope that forum warriors aside, the guilds we are going up against haven’t either.

On a side note, our biggest surprise was facing some of these server zergs on maps, but we have been thankfully to be able to work with some great guilds like Icoa, HB, RISE, WM and others. The coordination with leadership/commanders of these guilds has been great and I’m thankful for being able to work with them in fighting these server zergs, or Voltron as we call them on TS when we see its 2-3 guilds blobbed together.

In terms of GvG, once again this is my personal opinion but I’m just not a fan. Ivfeel like GvG is a separate type of event outside of WvW. I feel a commander/guild’s strengths are better shown when adopting to situations and terrain on a field of battle rather than pre planning your group make ups and builds and then smashing heads behind the windmill (i know its a bad summary of what GvG is… trying to keep it small). I have nothing but respect for the folks that put in the time and effort to GvG and feel that it’s a travesty that Anet has not put something in place in an arena like atmosphere. For me though, I personally just feel that a strong commander is demonstrated more in regular WvW by adapting when they see a third force coming in at the last minute, using terrain to their advantage or simply adjusting on the fly to what they have.

Once again, this is all just my personal beliefs and not a reflection of BT’s officers or its forum warriors. I have nothing but respect for the guilds we’ve come up against (even with some few forum warriors doing the bulk of the talking) and am looking forward to the steady fights ahead.

Edit: typing on an iPad from work… kitten auto correct

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

(edited by Pervin.5036)

in Match-ups

Jet.4795

I’m a member of BT, not an officer or spokesman but my personal take is this:

First, BT has a total of around 104 members in the guild. Typically on a given weeknight, we run between 25-40, depending upon the day and attendance. Would say 30-35 is a more accurate daily estimate though with summer being here, I’d expect that to drop.

As someone pointed our previously, we prefer to run on our own due to our own theory crafting, build management and strategies. On most nights we tend to stay on our own Teamspeak to try and sticking to running BT only. We’ve publicly asked militia at times to join on another commander in the zone or even have a BT secondary commander break off to lead militia around on the map to make BG as a whole more effective in the zone.

We as a whole transferred to Tier 1 “for the fights” and certainly have not been disappointed by it. Guilds like SF, Choo, Agg (btw: welcome to tier 1), TSYM, HL, HzH, TW and others were what drove us to make the move. We did our homework and felt that in coming to BG, we would have the best fights against some pretty quality opponents. We have not been disappointed and hope that forum warriors aside, the guilds we are going up against haven’t either.

On a side note, our biggest surprise was facing some of these server zergs on maps, but we have been thankfully to be able to work with some great guilds like Icoa, HB, RISE, WM and others. The coordination with leadership/commanders of these guilds has been great and I’m thankful for being able to work with them in fighting these server zergs, or Voltron as we call them on TS when we see its 2-3 guilds blobbed together.

In terms of GvG, once again this is my personal opinion but I’m just not a fan. Ivfeel like GvG is a separate type of event outside of WvW. I feel a commander/guild’s strengths are better shown when adopting to situations and terrain on a field of battle rather than pre planning your group make ups and builds and then smashing heads behind the windmill (i know its a bad summary of what GvG is… trying to keep it small). I have nothing but respect for the folks that put in the time and effort to GvG and feel that it’s a travesty that Anet has not put something in place in an arena like atmosphere. For me though, I personally just feel that a strong commander is demonstrated more in regular WvW by adapting when they see a third force coming in at the last minute, using terrain to their advantage or simply adjusting on the fly to what they have.

Once again, this is all just my personal beliefs and not a reflection of BT’s officers or its forum warriors. I have nothing but respect for the guilds we’ve come up against (even with some few forum warriors doing the bulk of the talking) and am looking forward to the steady fights ahead.

Edit: typing on an iPad from work… kitten auto correct

Well said. HzH as enjoyed fighting you guys and all of the other opponents it is what makes us better.

/respect

Ben Sheets Reborn

in Match-ups

Posted by: Signal.9763

Signal.9763

These last two weeks have offered some of the best large scale PvP I’ve witnessed, in any game. Tier 1 WvW is a great place to be! As long as the BG/JQ/SoR matchup remains intact, the scores remain very close. Oftentimes we don’t know until Wednesday or even Thursday night who the winner will be and if you study all the matchups, you’ll find that scenario is not terribly common. Better yet it’s getting even more balanced now with JQ coming on strong again. Hopefully, we’ll have some epic weeks coming where the winner won’t be determined until Friday night!

The truth be told, and I mean this with all sincerity, I couldn’t care less whether SoR comes in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. As long as our three servers are together in Tier 1 I’m having a helluvah good time! Taking part in a fight between two (and sometimes three!) skilled and well lead forces is a real treat. As time goes on and all three servers continue to improve and adapt, such fights are becoming more common. All I can say it keep it coming!

Carlotta The Red [GSCH]
Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

The reason I ask about leadership is because I think it’s obvious that SoR is on a different level than both BG and JQ. And I’m curious to whether it’s by “design” or just blind dumb luck.

Forget the fact that somehow you guys have managed to exclusively recruit WvW only guilds while the other 2 servers have picked up PvX majority. But it seems your server’s organization, communication, and overall “philosophy” or “message” or whatever you wanna call it is more server wide through all the guilds and not fractured like it is elsewhere. I guess being more blunt, how did you get all the guilds and players to “buy in” to the server mentality and who sets those goals, etc.

I’m sure there’s no silver bullet out there, but I think if you guys are willing to share what you guys do as a server more openly it would allow the other servers to either copy or take what applies to them and then also grow which leads to a healthy and competitive tier in the long run.

(edited by Kryyg.8576)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Anet please fix T1 and send JQ to a proper tier. tyvm (T2 or T3 most likely ^^)
Wish to give a try of TC instead of JQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

The reason I ask about leadership is because I think it’s obvious that SoR is on a different level than both BG and JQ. And I’m curious to whether it’s by “design” or just blind dumb luck.

Forget the fact that somehow you guys have managed to exclusively recruit WvW only guilds while the other 2 servers have picked up PvX majority. But it seems your server’s organization, communication, and overall “philosophy” or “message” or whatever you wanna call it is more server wide through all the guilds and not fractured like it is elsewhere. I guess being more blunt, how did you get all the guilds and players to “buy in” to the server mentality and who sets those goals, etc.

I’m sure there’s no silver bullet out there, but I think if you guys are willing to share what you guys do as a server more openly it would allow the other servers to either copy or take what applies to them and then also grow which leads to a healthy and competitive tier in the long run.

There isn’t something we give or say to people. It’s more the atmosphere. We are helpful to anyone in WvW. If you come into the TS more often that not people are discussing builds and tactics and explaining things to newbies to help them out with stuff. In LA people are talking about WvW and jokes and stuff that happen in TS
and it peaks peoples interest and they ask how they can get into it. When people ask for guilds in LA or map chat they get pointed in the direction of WvW guilds more often than not, and in general I think it makes it very easy to get into the mindset.

When you sign into the TS you’ll hear people joking and not really worrying about the PPT almost ever. I rarely hear people complaining about the PPT or whatnot and if anyone does complain about “omg it’s a 2v1” people are answer “meh, whatever”. It’s the atmosphere and people either go with it or leave.

This is not to say that other servers are not like this, but I don’t think there is anything special about it. I do know that the TS is spammed in every map and people are asked to come in, don’t have to talk, but it can only help. I’m sure your own community isn’t far off from this either, if it isn’t doing the exact same thing. Most of the guilds don’t run in private TS’s save a few, and even if they do, they have a representative in the SoR TS talking to people. We organize (or did at some point) movie nights where everyone in TS would watch the exact same movie at the same time. And when it comes to the server meetings, everyone is invited and can talk if they want. There is no “council” or leadership. Everyone can say something.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

JQ is far stronger then TC esp in coverage

so wanting a server that finished 2nd last week to move to a lower tier is just dumb

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

TW no different.

Angry SoR/TW posters inc

TW has different tactics compared to RG. Of course, you’re so bad at analyzing guilds so you don’t know. Agg has similar tactics to RG, but definitely aren’t as lethal as RG. You’re no different from your fellow server mates pot, Kathy K and Magikarps too! Such adorable trolls.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ace.9861

Ace.9861

Play this in every server meeting.

Leader of Feelings Aren’t Required
FEAR @ FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Agg is very good.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PoweredByRice.3517

PoweredByRice.3517

Why are you so obsess with JQ? Go transfer to a T2 server so you can fight TC.

Jay Que

in Match-ups

Posted by: tehfoks.5120

tehfoks.5120

I used to love this guy as a kid

[Agg]ression – Nfn

in Match-ups

Jet.4795

@Titan you seem to have a un healthy obsession with JQ….can’t say I’m surprised. We have that affect on people.

Ben Sheets Reborn

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Me too. That and THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOO! snarf snarf. Every afternoon after school.

You know things are getting serious when it’s not just a zerg, but a voltron.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Jet.4795

@Titan you seem to have a un healthy obsession with JQ….can’t say I’m surprised. We have that affect on people.

::giggle::

I’m obsessed with JQ too! Don’t ever leave this tier!! ♥

So yea…..BT this isn’t working out…. lol

Ben Sheets Reborn

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

NA T1 is definitely the best match-up. I think it will get even better. Since the end of free transfers, GW2 has shifted. Guilds just don’t randomly join a server and throw everything out of wack. They research the server and try and join the one that will be the most fun and even out the fights. Yeah, there will be some guilds that don’t do it. You have no control over that.

I also have seen a vast improvement in WvW fighting. SoR use to just roll over some of these other guilds. However, I notice recently the other servers of doing some rolling of their own against SoR.

This game is so much better than anything else out there. I still have nightmares about Huttball.

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

LOL huttball swtor was such a fail

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

Unless your guild runs 5 you’re all zerg trash to me…. sadly that includes myself in this pos game. Noone here impresses me, not even my own guild. I guess that’s the state of the game though… casual friendly ftw

dam ur an awsome guildy/server mate. You do know if u dont like large scale battles u could do spvp/tpvp right ??. WvW was creating for large battles

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zagan.5287

Zagan.5287

pulling overtimes.. it doesnt work like that

in Match-ups

SykkoB.9465

WvW is unpredictable, and that’s really what I prefer. That and holding a point really isn’t my thing You’re right though… wvw is for large scale, that’s why anet decided they needed arrowcarts to kitten zergs.

i think they put acs in the game for the intent of def siege, stopping rams/golems. the new ac meta changed when they increased dmg and allowed us to increase the range

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

All siege besides flame ram’s should only be allowed to be used if your map has the “Outmanned” buff. Keep oil/cannons/mortar as thats not blueprint-able siege.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

I’m eating my popcorn, it’s pretty tasty. Keep the lulz coming.

<insert 2v1, zerg vs zerg, GvG, serverzerg, arrow carts>

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

For those complaining we are PvDing, man you sure have a lot of doors!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

For those complaining we are PvDing, man you sure have a lot of doors!

omg, how much hp du des doors hav? its like a freggen miltank!

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fatall.4189

Fatall.4189

Mawr lootbags pweety please, it’s funny because it’s the same guilds who have to leave their commander hat on in order to attract enough pugs to facewipe that come on the forums to QQ.

[KISS] Coughing Clock ~ Level 80 Thief ~ SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

JQ is far stronger then TC esp in coverage

so wanting a server that finished 2nd last week to move to a lower tier is just dumb

Nice one SykkoB

If I might add to your sentiments, as demonstrated by his other recent posts Titan doesn’t seem to be the smartest troll in the shed

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

NA T1 is definitely the best match-up.
I still have nightmares about Huttball.

T1 is best cause you can log on at odd hours and still find lots of fights. Can’t say that for other tiers.

Agreed! Huttball was all whack!

in Match-ups

Posted by: timgod.9456

timgod.9456

Mawr lootbags pweety please, it’s funny because it’s the same guilds who have to leave their commander hat on in order to attract enough pugs to facewipe that come on the forums to QQ.

so you want them to run tagless so they can run with the handful of guildies they have on? most of the forces you’re fighting in EU time aren’t organized guilds, it’s pugs following whatever commander is able to tag up. but whatever makes you feel better about your guild i guess.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

Epic fight in dredge in eb IRON twas crazy. Ohh and you like my action shot I was on Fire literally. :P

Attachments:

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

(edited by LethalxKiller.3571)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

Me too. That and THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOO! snarf snarf. Every afternoon after school.

Thundercat Snarf is a TW theif on SoR :p

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

this forum are full of downs

My goodness, I just stepped into a time machine back to what, 2005?

Anyway, I’m looking forward to how things will be after I get back from summer vacation. Both with the servers and whatever changes ANet actually makes to WvW.

so you want them to run tagless so they can run with the handful of guildies they have on? most of the forces you’re fighting in EU time aren’t organized guilds, it’s pugs following whatever commander is able to tag up. but whatever makes you feel better about your guild i guess.

Yeah, what the hell… How dare the other team not have a full, organized guild on at that time every day?! It’s almost as if you should’ve joined a server that would actually be facing IRON… Or perhaps one that was actually Euro.

I think for all those who complain about the fact that we complain about the same things every week, this one seems pretty new. Complaining about pugs playing the game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

They did a remake of the Thundercats just recently, and I loved it! But they canceled it after like two seasons

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

T1 is best cause you can log on at odd hours and still find lots of fights. Can’t say that for other tiers.

Someone say huttball?

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

in Match-ups

Posted by: bwuki.2175

bwuki.2175

why do ppl get so mad over being crashed in gvg, i dont see ppl flaming someone for attacking a son of svanir they’re on… and stop talking about kittening zerging, everyone does it in this ~tier~ whether we like it or not.

Attachments:

Brotherhood of the Butterfly
Voted “most likely to die/fail” by peers

in Match-ups

Posted by: tehfoks.5120

tehfoks.5120

This thread goes so well with my doritos

I was watching D.L. Hughley on Netflix and I paused it to read this cause it was frankly more amusing! And that says a lot, given that D.L. is a kitten good comedian!

[Agg]ression – Nfn

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Agg is very good.

I personally enjoy fighting Agg. They tend to be a bit less predictable than most of our other opponents, and are very respectful and don’t really thump their chests like most other guilds. Actions speak louder than words. Look forward to fighting them every time! ♥

This is why I like Agg. they help keep JQ competitive but most importantly they don’t show up to grief . They take stuff they are suppose to be taking and hit the zerg they should be hitting

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

LOL huttball swtor was such a fail

I loved huttball.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

Someone say huttball?

Thanks now i miss my tankassin