7/26 BG/SoR/TC

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tam.3146

Tam.3146

heh TW attacking sor bl hills while there is a gvg, so desperate

So when you are gvging, we cant doing anything?
Great, we are going to GvG everyday in SoR BL

For Dolyaks Glory
Not Yet Solved[NYS] SOR

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Stay classy MERC.

lol

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

GSCH – Nice strategy, Magikarp leading 10 pugs vs your 30, teleport to spawn every time you see us…

??? having to leopard form and static field you each time getting old

Any plans to start training your NA crew Magi?

Why? BG during PST NA prime today was 350 ppt, why do they need training?

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: xSwissroll.9820

xSwissroll.9820

War Machine thanks for the GvG !! It was funnnnn ^^ !

Swisspancake ~ Elementalist
[ZzZz]ZombieCoast
Toastie~

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

GSCH – Nice strategy, Magikarp leading 10 pugs vs your 30, teleport to spawn every time you see us…

Any plans to start training your NA crew Magi?

Why? BG during PST NA prime today was 350 ppt, why do they need training?

Pity. Their open field ability is incredibly lacking.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

time to bring JQ back to T1 ? look like SoR needs them

the match over early for 2 weeks. although it’s good we have a lot of off days

Blackgate

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tam.3146

Tam.3146

why we need JQ?

For Dolyaks Glory
Not Yet Solved[NYS] SOR

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joe.6184

Joe.6184

why we need JQ?

you dont need JQ because the guilds on JQ that is helpful to you have already moved to your server.

FA Forum Warrior

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Joe.6184

Pro tip to SoR, If you plan to make all call. make sure all of your guilds in all timezones actually take a week off from work, school etc.

FA Forum Warrior

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

Pro tip to SoR, If you plan to make all call. make sure all of your guilds in all timezones actually take a week off from work, school etc.

We don’t have “all call”. Hate to burst your bubble.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

WTF is an all call.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

WTF is an all call.

Think about it for a second…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Joe.6184

WTF is an all call.

its when ppl put overtime for something that will be taken away in a few hrs.
then ppl start to realize how pointless it is to put overtime.
and after that people ascended into the next dimensional being and only play for fights.

FA Forum Warrior

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

WTF is an all call.

its when ppl put overtime for something that will be taken away in a few hrs

So what BG’s SEA does everyday?

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Joe.6184

WTF is an all call.

I think our SEA sometime stay up to play with IRON. and we are happy they sometime can play early with us as well.

FA Forum Warrior

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

WTF is an all call.

its when ppl put overtime for something that will be taken away in a few hrs.
then ppl start to realize how pointless it is to put overtime.
and after that people ascended into the next dimensional being and only play for fights.

WTF is an all call.

I think our SEA sometime stay up to play with IRON. and we are happy they sometime can play early with us as well.

So you insult those who put in overtime and then admit your own server does it. So when can we expect the BG SEA crew to get to the “play for fights” point?

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Jahn.7019

WTF is an all call.

So your SEA plays early to fight OC then plays late to fight EU.

According to you, BG is in a never ending state of “all call”.

That’s informative.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: hammer.9721

hammer.9721

Fun Fact: If you would delete all of the troll posts in this thread it would only be 6 pages long.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Interesting forum bug ….

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Forums appear to be bugging out atm

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Forums appear to be bugging out atm

did you report it to the staff?

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sparks.3275

Sparks.3275

WTF is an all call.

So your SEA plays early to fight OC then plays late to fight EU.

According to you, BG is in a never ending state of “all call”.

Blackgate doesn’t sleep; they’re like a large city that always comes alive during the night time.

New York City? xD

[KnT] Voltexx
[KnT] Kid Trunks
Blackgate since Beta

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: HolyMolla.6582

HolyMolla.6582

BG has a lot of korean guilds, and they do play when us, the NA timers goes to bed and working. I think their active numbers are ND(300+), CA(200+), WM(around 100) and
also there are couple of 20~50 member guilds.
And yes, don’t forget about 9D, THAI, URGE and XF and plus other sea time guilds.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Score update please

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vlad.7529

Vlad.7529

First time i hear of this all call. Guess that’s something that’s exclusive to BG…

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Real Norns use bear

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalash.1803

Kalash.1803

It was a good GvG with Awe. Though I am a bit dissapointed that a bunch of TC spectators couldn’t stop throwing AoE fields in the fight. This just ruins it for both guilds.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plainview.7029

Plainview.7029

I can’t speak for everyone, but we at TC are stoked to be facing SOR and BG. I’m sorry if some of us disrespected your GvG. Keep in mind I have no context for this breach. I just wanted to offer that not all of us are like that.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

HAI BG and SoR! I personally hope we get to face you guys in T1 again next week, to keep the competition going. We have learned a lot vs FA/DB and TC. Hopefully that will help when we finally get to fight you guys again. Time will tell keep it fun and classy!

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

That’s right, book a week off work, call in sick, skive of school for a week JUST TO PLAY GW2 YYYYEEEAAAAAHHHHHH

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

Now let me get this straight.

Full Server vrs Full Server vrs Full Server = Full PPT available

Full Server vrs Full Server vrs Outmanned Server = Less than Full PPT available (at least to full servers)

Full Server vrs Seriously Outmanned Server vrs Seriously Outmanned Server = Not much PPT available (miniscule PPT available to full server)

With all kinds of permutations in the middle, the essence being a low pop server doesn’t have many points to offer a full server.

Three not full but almost equal populations servers would have all PPT available.

And like that.

Makes sense to me. In a nutshell, you don’t get paid for essentially doing nothing.

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

Full Server vrs Full Server vrs Outmanned Server = Less than Full PPT available (at least to full servers)

Full Server vrs Seriously Outmanned Server vrs Seriously Outmanned Server = Not much PPT available (miniscule PPT available to full server)

With all kinds of permutations in the middle, the essence being a low pop server doesn’t have many points to offer a full server.

Three not full but almost equal populations servers would have all PPT available.

And like that.

Makes sense to me. In a nutshell, you don’t get paid for essentially doing nothing.

Just because the server is full, it doesn’t mean the entire server plays WvW… TC is a great example of that

Scratch server substitute server team in a BL

I.E.

Full Server Team in a BL vrs Seriously Outmanned Server Team in a BL vrs Seriously Outmanned Server Team in a BL = Not much PPT available (miniscule PPT available to full server team in a BL where they seriously outnumber their opponents)

Basic premise still holds. You don’t get paid, make that rewarded, for doing nothing.

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

And like that.

Just because the server is full, it doesn’t mean the entire server plays WvW… TC is a great example of that

I think the poster meant to say map instead of server. The idea being you score full points when your opponents have the map queued but proportionally less the fewer opponents are on the map. It might put an end to “nightcapping” but I doubt we’ll see anything like that implemented.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cosmic.2150

Cosmic.2150

I can’t speak for everyone, but we at TC are stoked to be facing SOR and BG. I’m sorry if some of us disrespected your GvG. Keep in mind I have no context for this breach. I just wanted to offer that not all of us are like that.

There are bad apples on every server that do this. I’ve seen it first hand from both BG and SoR players… anyone that judges a whole server by the actions of a few are just uninformed and can be safely ignored.

The Whitepuffs – SoR [HL]

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cosmic.2150

Cosmic.2150

And like that.

I think the poster meant to say map instead of server. The idea being you score full points when your opponents have the map queued but proportionally less the fewer opponents are on the map. It might put an end to “nightcapping” but I doubt we’ll see anything like that implemented.

Too easily gamed, imo.

The only workable answer is for the players to spread themselves out to even the fields per tier. Having 1 (or even 2) stacked servers during a time zone while the others just get rolled over is a population problem, and the only solution is for the population to spread themselves out.

One would hope that the players consistently karma training eventually get bored and move to a competing server…

Those looking for competition (like TW moving to JQ for a week when SoR dropped to a lower tier) will do this on their own. It’s basically the opposite of the fair weathers moving to the #1 server all the time (though it pretty obviously doesn’t happen as much).

The Whitepuffs – SoR [HL]

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Just a friendly reminder that the Dolyak Parade is TOMORROW at 6 PM ST Be there!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

I hope everybody managed to Stay Alive this week…
with a little bit of uh uh, and a little bit of, uh uh

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

BG has a lot of korean guilds, and they do play when us, the NA timers goes to bed and working. I think their active numbers are ND(300+), CA(200+), WM(around 100) and
And yes, don’t forget about 9D, THAI, URGE and XF and plus other sea time guilds.

I am afraid you overestimate the number of Korean players who are active on BG. The guild roster may be such but that is different from the actual number of players fielded. Alot of them have gone inactive.

WM fields typically about 10+ to 15+ when we play. ND probably a little more. BUT we do not have that many active players on the field each day.

Thank you

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

QUESTION

Did [TW] (from SoR of course) ever reside or WvW on the server Maguuma?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: TaeK.5821

TaeK.5821

Here’s the footage of the 3-way battles that we had. A nice introduction of what Tier 1 is like; full of skill lag, blobs and pain!! It was fun though.

Thank you [RISE]. [OnS], [LotD] and others from Blackgate. Thank you [TW] (& sub-guild [TWL]), [FEAR], and others from Sanctum of Rall.

We were happy being your walking lootbags, lol.

Takoji – The Golden Guardian of Gunnar’s Hold & GW2 Instrument Master

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Titan.3472

L O L , Well if it make them feel better to believe we are fielding so many people that explain their loss, then let it be

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

I seem to be missing the “quote” widget so I’ll make this a standalone.

The problem SoR faces vs BG as far as ppt goes it that of mismatched primetimes. The bulk of BG’s players are online when most of SoR’s are not. I’m don’t know why there isn’t a separate Asian group of servers like there is a separate group of EU servers. At least their primetimes kinda match up instead of being completely out of whack. I can only assume that there aren’t enough Asian players to form their own group so they have to go somewhere.

The idea of points being scored proportional to the number of opponents faced attempts to address the inequities that the mismatched primetimes introduces.

If you’re gonna say “It’s a 24/7 game, live with it”, answer me this: Why aren’t the NA and EU servers pitted against each other? Are they grouped separately so that the prime-times align better? I would think so.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Titan.3472

I seem to be missing the “quote” widget so I’ll make this a standalone.

The problem SoR faces vs BG as far as ppt goes it that of mismatched primetimes. The bulk of BG’s players are online when most of SoR’s are not. I’m don’t know why there isn’t a separate Asian group of servers like there is a separate group of EU servers. At least their primetimes kinda match up instead of being completely out of whack. I can only assume that there aren’t enough Asian players to form their own group so they have to go somewhere.

The idea of points being scored proportional to the number of opponents faced attempts to address the inequities that the mismatched primetimes introduces.

If you’re gonna say “It’s a 24/7 game, live with it”, answer me this: Why aren’t the NA and EU servers pitted against each other? Are they grouped separately so that the prime-times align better? I would think so.

There is absolutely no way to set up a perfectly balance encounter on any wvw map: for this you would have to have same classes gears levels numbers (etc…) on every sides and at all times… even spvp is not that restrictive to balance encounters.
WvW is a specific game mode that is not able to be balance in the way you would like to do it; like irl each country has its own powers and weaknesses over the time. Chess game is balance you start each one with same chances even if white always starts. Unfortunately wvw is in no way a fair game for all at all time and it can’t be.
The idea to gather some players regions in some specific servers is segregant. The nice side of wvw is to meet people from all over the world on your own server and work together.
You could either play pve at least you won’t find any imbalance chain killing npc with no real challenge in fact.
And About WvW guild tag : please if anyone refer its own guild as a WvW guild it means you are working on every ways possible to lead your server to victory (so you care of ppt) if not just tag up pve guild and don’t complain of the matchup imbalance. Every guilds mentionning “looking for field fights” with no real goal on the server ppt objective from the wvw spirit is just doing it all wrong. In my opinion GvG Guilds are also hurting a lot their own server not going for the real WvW spirit.

Much respect to TC and SoR for this match, I think BG won that one already, might see you at next reset then.

Titan War – [CA] – BG

(edited by Titan.3472)

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Burl.9567

Rumor is the TW SEA commander Pryan may be playing a little less due to having a new girlfriend. News at 11.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

MMO players don’t have girlfriends! Pfft, don’t be silly.

Next thing you know you’ll be saying girls play MMOs.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Titan.3472

We had a lot of score updates from SoR players the first 72hours of the matchup may be someone would be kind enough to post one now, tyvm. XD

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

MMO players don’t have girlfriends! Pfft, don’t be silly.

Next thing you know you’ll be saying girls play MMOs.

Hush 12 yr old boy.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Bolero Bloodreign.9025

HAI BG and SoR! I personally hope we get to face you guys in T1 again next week, to keep the competition going. We have learned a lot vs FA/DB and TC. Hopefully that will help when we finally get to fight you guys again. Time will tell keep it fun and classy!

Hi Jet. I don’t doubt a JQ/SoR/BG matchup will happen again and soon.

However, I think for you to really find out where you stand at the #3 spot in overall ranking whether if JQ is a strong #3 or a mediocre #3 depends more on a random with either BG or SoR matchup than a JQ/SoR/BG matchup.

The reason is because whenever BG and SoR are in the same matchup, we mainly focus on pushing each other, and the 3rd server will benefit in ranking (even if they end up 3rd for the week) not having us (BG/SoR) concentrate much on pushing them.

You’re more likely able to see where JQ really stand now if you have a chance to face BG with a random or SoR with a random. I would suggest a JQ/SoR/random matchup at best. It’s because we’ve already had a JQ/BG/random: DB about 7 weeks ago. Another reason is you’re ranked #3 and SoR is #2. If you beat SoR, JQ has a more convincing argument to be #2. If JQ plays BG and by chance you beat us, people will argue “JQ beat BG, BG beat SoR, SoR beat JQ, there’s no clear number 1, 2 or 3.”

The best JQ/SoR/random matchup would be with a much much lower ranked random. It’s because a weak random can easily be control and contain where they can’t intervene much to dictate the outcome of a JQ vs SoR matchup, leaving just the two of you to fight it out alone.

And on the contrary, if you have a TC/SoR/JQ matchup, if TC by chance decided to push JQ just a little more than SoR, it’ll be hard to tell who’s #2 and #3 overall because they can easily dictate who will end up #1 and #2 or even #3 in the matchup for the week as they are strong at the #4 seed overall.

It might seem a little confusing with the numbers but I hope it make sense.

Whats In Your Cereal [NUTS] ~ Blackgate ~
Guardian: Sierra Everheart ~ Ranger: Tinker Bell Cuddles ~ Engineer: Destiny Reign

(edited by Bolero Bloodreign.9025)

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Hi Jet. I don’t doubt a JQ/SoR/BG matchup will happen again and soon.

However, I think for you to really find out where you stand at the #3 spot in overall ranking whether if JQ is a strong #3 or a mediocre #3 depends more on a random with either BG or SoR matchup than a JQ/SoR/BG matchup.

The reason is because whenever BG and SoR are in the same matchup, we mainly focus on pushing each other, and the 3rd server will benefit in ranking (even if they end up 3rd for the week) not having us (BG/SoR) concentrate much on pushing them.

You’re more likely able to see where JQ really stand now if you have a chance to face BG with a random or SoR with a random. I would suggest a JQ/SoR/random matchup at best. It’s because we’ve already had a JQ/BG/random: DB about 7 weeks ago. Another reason is you’re ranked #3 and SoR is #2. If you beat SoR, JQ has a more convincing argument to be #2. If JQ plays BG and by chance you beat us, people will argue “JQ beat BG, BG beat SoR, SoR beat JQ, there’s no clear number 1, 2 or 3.”

The best JQ/SoR/random matchup would be with a much much lower ranked random. It’s because a weak random can easily be control and contain where they can’t intervene much to dictate the outcome of a JQ vs SoR matchup, leaving just the two of you to fight it out alone.

And on the contrary, if you have a TC/SoR/JQ matchup, if TC by chance decided to push JQ just a little more than SoR, it’ll be hard to tell who’s #2 and #3 overall because they can easily dictate who will end up #1 and #2 or even #3 in the matchup for the week as they are strong at the #4 seed overall.

It might seem a little confusing with the numbers but I hope it make sense.

All this is true but I want to fight SoR and BG

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”