7/26 Sea of Sorrows/Maguuma/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crysis.3401

Crysis.3401

Reset night for [BURN] defending Magswag BL, pretty slow for the first hour but picked up later. Shout out to [CL] from yaks, gave us some good fights.

Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Maguuma
The Bigcat

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

ty jatska for always finding zerg for me ilu

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naomh Achain.8216

Naomh Achain.8216

People always try to make this point in response, but its apples and oranges, because all the US time zones still have enough players for competitiveness across each other, even if one server say favors East Coast and another favors Pacific. It’s not like 100 vs 8 people. It’s only the across the world splits that provide the disparities in numbers unmatched anywhere else to the point of ludicrousness

Apples and Oranges because the time disparity isn’t as great? That would be Apples and smaller Apples would it not?
Anyway, I’m genuinely curious as to whether or not you’ve tried to recruit a stronger Oceanic/SEA presence. If so, what do you think went wrong? If not, maybe try to fix a perceived problem before complaining about it?

No, T1 servers are round the clock manned near to full. So obviously would not be fair to put a sever like SoS up against them as they would get murdered for about 16 hours every day.

Although they’re #4 I have to use TC as an example here. They didn’t have near the numbers of Oceanics as we do on SoS but what they lacked in terms of force size they more than made up for in the way they defended strategically, thus maintaining a healthy PPT. It’s all about choosing your battles, and more importantly where the battlefield is when you’re outnumbered.

Hope to see (and spike) you out there and best of luck for the rest of the week.

Gunnar

Commander Gunnar Blowemupp
[SoV] | WvW Paladin | Sea of Sorrows
Ninja-capping your bases for since BWE1!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

We’re not dead yet.

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

This is very true. If Yaks had the chance they would take the undefended bl as well if they had the power. As does SOS and Mags. Only the time shifts are different.
None is better than the other. It`s been ages when I have seen a run on a borderland where the enemy actually went there with the intention of actually allowing the other side to show up to defend for real fights…instead of just pvdooring.

There is absolutly no skill in golem rushing an undended bl but still everyone does it. On SOS it is afaik even activly promoted (the same as we will sacrify t3 towers just to pvdoor at the other end of eb), so i would not take the attacks on yak bl to heart.

In the olde age karma train was for the day before reset, now its done everyday. So much for overall sever morale standing.

Of course Yaks take undefended BL if given the chance, just that we do not claim to not do so. And i am not taking the attacks on our BL to heart, i am amused at some of the things some people from SoS are saying here, this guy for example:

Like you say mate look at the score. You’re what 1 k behind mags? If we were targeting you, they would be kicking your kitten and they really should be, they have some kitten good na guilds. I don’t speak for every person on SOS 24/7. You probably kitten ed them off somehow hell you’re starting to kitten me off so maybe we’ll change the status quo and spawn farm you tomorow instead of mags, just so you can see the difference.

I said the preference is for me to attack maguuma first while they are second and their rating is higher. doesn’t mean you get let off the hook entirely. Red is dead after all.

Edit: oh wow so many kittens. I didn’t even say anything bad. :S

Seems like i hit some nerve with my comments, given the vulgar language he uses, while i haven’t let out my inner Forum Warrior yet.

SoS is still targeting us right now, and not Mag. If me stating the obvious is angering you then just bring it on, i am not afraid of threats you make about spawn camping because what i have seen so far from SoS is not overly impressive. And thankfully there seem to be some people from SoS with better manners than yours. Cheers!

Lol I see you’re one of THOSE… Every server has them, I just heard maguuma had more, guess that was a lie.

If you wanna play the poor me card go right ahead, it suits you. at least now I remember why I don’t like playing YB, excuses and complaints about everything.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

While the forums performance is fairly poor this week, the in game performance of the three servers has been IMHO, “very good”.

As someone who prefers to solo roam ( necro mostly this week ) I have enjoyed some excellent fights vs skilled opponents, including one guardian who fought me for many minutes. Win lose or draw, please keep turning up to WvW.

Props to the 8-10 man “blue” team that was taking SoS BL towers last night, ballsy and could easily have taken the whole thing if our responders were a tad slower.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

Lol I see you’re one of THOSE… Every server has them, I just heard maguuma had more, guess that was a lie.

If you wanna play the poor me card go right ahead, it suits you. at least now I remember why I don’t like playing YB, excuses and complaints about everything.

Just tell us again how you are spawn camping Maguuma while they flipped your entire borderlands.

And fortunately for your server it has some nice and polite people.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

what map is [PYRO] on?

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

what map is [PYRO] on?

Brisban Wildlands

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Night Hawk Ix.7360

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Wait forget the waypoints, did you just link to Abba? a [DERP] who likes ABBA you go girl

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Wait forget the waypoints, did you just link to Abba? a [DERP] who likes ABBA you go girl

http://makeagif.com/i/WQtNkm

in Match-ups

Night Hawk Ix.7360

http://makeagif.com/i/WQtNkm

Wow u sure can jump huh wads, but im not sure what that has to do with Abba

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Pro yak omega rush is pro.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Pro yak omega rush is pro.

I think yaks is upset about last week. They’ve burnt at least 100 golems in 3 days on magbl.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Is BANE (or any SoS guild besides Agg since we already talk to them) interested in GvG this week?

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Is BANE (or any SoS guild besides Agg since we already talk to them) interested in GvG this week?

appearantly our good friends [vH] from back in JQ are transfering on thursday.

You can maybe gvg then?

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Good fights earlier tonight, Agg, I think it helped us improve a lot!

Hope to get some more in this week.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

You can maybe gvg then?

lol wat got tired of Kaineng already? They didn’t have enough people last time we saw them unfortunately

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

So Calvin, are you a roman yet?

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

You can maybe gvg then?

lol wat got tired of Kaineng already? They didn’t have enough people last time we saw them unfortunately

Wait, theyre coming to SoS? ANother NA guild?

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

SoS 3.0! Rise back to T1!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Never going back to T1. We just want the NA to balance out so that when we play any T2-3 server our NA is balanced.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Good times at Lake on Mag bl a bit ago. Thanks for the good fights there Mag.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Match-ups

Luvpie.8350

You can maybe gvg then?

Only vH will be transferring (NA). We haven’t received any other transfers (last month) other then Agg which I think is just here to collect bags.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Never going back to T1. We just want the NA to balance out so that when we play any T2-3 server our NA is balanced.

I suppose. Considering you do pretty well in NA prime in this match I’d say you’re balanced for T3. You’re basically where Dragonbrand was before they got transfers—top of T3 with good night time presence. T2 is all sorts of wack.

in Match-ups

Luvpie.8350

I suppose. Considering you do pretty well in NA prime in this match I’d say you’re balanced for T3. You’re basically where Dragonbrand was before they got transfers—top of T3 with good night time presence. T2 is all sorts of wack.

Yep T2 is crapped because people keep stacking TC/DB without anyone going to FA. Honestly SoS is more then happy with being in T3 or below as long as the RNG of going to T2 stops. Our rolls have been positive alot we had TC or DB like 5 out of 7 times so we are currently trying to get a couple more NA guilds and maybe 1 SEA then stop actively recruiting guilds.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

NOOOOOO WAY lol, i wanna be a solid t2 server and that’s it!

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

a couple more NA guilds with some SEA and you’ll be T2. With TC absorbing more and rotating with JQ between T1 and T2 that may not be the direction you’re hoping to go.

Glad to see SoS gaining more NA though, much deserved. and [vH] at that! They were a pleasure to watch fight.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Yep T2 is crapped because people keep stacking TC/DB without anyone going to FA. Honestly SoS is more then happy with being in T3 or below as long as the RNG of going to T2 stops. Our rolls have been positive alot we had TC or DB like 5 out of 7 times so we are currently trying to get a couple more NA guilds and maybe 1 SEA then stop actively recruiting guilds.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

in Match-ups

Luvpie.8350

a couple more NA guilds with some SEA and you’ll be T2. With TC absorbing more and rotating with JQ between T1 and T2 that may not be the direction you’re hoping to go.

Glad to see SoS gaining more NA though, much deserved. and [vH] at that! They were a pleasure to watch fight.

Yep T1/T2 servers moving up and down is out of our hands though. Who knows maybe Anet will increase RNG factor to add variation again since matches are becoming stable… Then things will be really kittened.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Golem’s Bend really needs to teach their pubs about Maguuma and siege traps. I know golems may sometimes seem like an “I win!” button but you should always be cautious when entering a keep. Even if you’re completely positive no one is inside, it doesn’t hurt to run along the walls first, it’s actually a good practice to live by.

Everyone, including Maguuma, needs to sweep their keeps more. I enjoy the surprise of janitoring a keep and suddenly the Keep Lord’s health is going down bu.. no, what am I saying? More ninja flips please!

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Night Hawk Ix.7360

Golem’s Bend really needs to teach their pubs about Maguuma and siege traps. I know golems may sometimes seem like an “I win!” button but you should always be cautious when entering a keep. Even if you’re completely positive no one is inside, it doesn’t hurt to run along the walls first, it’s actually a good practice to live by.

Everyone, including Maguuma, needs to sweep their keeps more. I enjoy the surprise of janitoring a keep and suddenly the Keep Lord’s health is going down bu.. no, what am I saying? More ninja flips please!

Confused your signature says ur TC? or did you xfer to Mag/SoS?

Mez You Up
Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Shh shh… don’t worry about it.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

super fun fights with Agg on sos bl tonight. or last night I guess. Jericho sry I moa u like 6 times don’t hate me pls
- George

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexxed.8023

Hexxed.8023

You can maybe gvg then?

Only vH will be transferring (NA). We haven’t received any other transfers (last month) other then Agg which I think is just here to collect bags.

Yes, Vindicated Honor is moving to SoS late Thursday night after our last GvG in our current tier. Our main focuses will be open field fighting and GvG’s in SoS. We are taking GvG challenges in advance from any servers SoS will be paired up with and look forward to playing with SoS’s community.

We Play In The [Nude] | Châmpion Wulfa/Gogo | JQ | http://nude.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Getting kind of sick of spending 50 minutes sieging a place, being inside the circle when it goes off, and not getting credit for the capture. This is like the fourth time this week, and it’s getting old.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Getting kind of sick of spending 50 minutes sieging a place, being inside the circle when it goes off, and not getting credit for the capture. This is like the fourth time this week, and it’s getting old.

I have now started asking if people will hold up a few seconds so I can join them. Doesn’t work a lot but a few times it has. Maybe commanders will ask people to hold?

I think he’s referring to the bug that happens a lot at East Keep and NW Camp. You can kill 9001 guards, stomp a few defenders, tag everything in the Lord’s room, and sit right in the center of the circle…and still not get event capture credit.

I’ve had it happen at almost every objective, but happens more frequently at EK and NW camp.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

Mag is awful and full of 12 year olds spouting swag everywhere. All anyone does in this game is hide in zergs and run away from even numbers. JP is boring since too many mag go there now, its no challenge. It leaves me with setting stealth traps sitting alone in wvw waiting for roaming thief to try kill me, only to have them not be able to and run away or call their buddies for backup. Nothing is better than watching a thief try to stealth desperately and not being able to.

http://i.imgur.com/w8Pxj8i.jpg

Comming from a solo roaming guard using shouts… your entire tangent is moot. Lol our 12 year olds seem to give everyone a pretty good run on even playing fields.

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Anyway, I’m genuinely curious as to whether or not you’ve tried to recruit a stronger Oceanic/SEA presence. If so, what do you think went wrong? If not, maybe try to fix a perceived problem before complaining about it?

YB has had recruiting drives sure, and has an excellent reputation as far as attitude and friendliness. But this issue has been covered in past threads, where people from certain regions just say , “We all want to play together.” And reality there is not near enough Oceanic or SE Asian players to fill all the servers close to the level of Dragonbrand or SoS. Nor is this game really attracting a lot of new players at this point.

Basically people have to want to split for the sake of better competition, just like the HoD Alliance did after they won a couple straight months in T1. I have no idea how it can be challenging to roll a map every day with 100 people against 10 or 20 over and over and over. Until or unless you get bumped to T1 or T2, when then you just lose badly because your NA can’t hold up.

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Everyone, including Maguuma, needs to sweep their keeps more.

Less WXP doing that. The more sure it is that you will lose a keep in the next 24 hours, the less people care about vigilant (read boring) defensive busywork.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

Did they run strait into the Ballista again?

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in Match-ups

Pendragon.8735

Golem > Flame Ram.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Video of the PYRO Vs AGG pre fights. I wasn’t in voice chat so just did my own thing trying to save Pyro’s backline from that hamma train. Also added the first GVG to show that two members of TC jumped in.

I’m sure AGG has a video of the other two GVG’s

http://youtu.be/DTnQ5cD5FTA

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

Whoever is in charge of these guilds, get your kittens together.
If you don’t like me on cannon that much, just go around it, instead of hacking into SM and get reported.
I want to hear more about this case from people in Yak’s band.

They don’t care, can’t see why they should.
During our last match-up I saw random people from 10 different guilds on this wall, not really a reason to judge the whole server or guilds because of that. The problem is already known and probably will take anet another two months to fix. As for now, enjoy the free thieves-hunting simulator.

Of course they should care.
I do WvW all the time, been doing it for months, and spend considerable amounts of time in there. Haven’t had this many glitch abuse with any other servers. Just like you said, if at least 10 different guild from yak’s are just in and out sm whenever the hell they want, that IS a reason to judge the whole server. Even if anet aint fixing these bugs fast enough, that doesn’t mean they should freely abuse it. And as a server, they decides to not even gonna care? I remember when mesmer from sos glitch into Mendons. Our guys all yelled not to take port, and we all reported the person who did, and kicked the guy from the guild he was in. Seems to me Yak’s don’t have moral standards like us eh? 10 different guilds walks in and out and nobody even tries to stop them. Ridiculous.

We do care. We have been watching for it ourselves to get proof. I do not know about 10 guilds, but I do know of a few. If this happens to anyone, please reach out to that guild and give them screenshots for proof. Yaks does not condone or tolerate this kind of behavior and never has.

If you are unsure who to send your screenshots to, please feel free to send them to me and I will ensure they get to who they need to.

I am rarely in EBG so I have not seen this myself. I do hope it is fixed soon because it is totally annoying.

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimfalcon.3847

Grimfalcon.3847

Thanks for the fights Sunday.
Wasn’t able to get the thieves video was too long

http://youtu.be/pi63wkFVt24

Grimfalcon – War, Karin Tai – Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Whoever is in charge of these guilds, get your kittens together.
If you don’t like me on cannon that much, just go around it, instead of hacking into SM and get reported.
I want to hear more about this case from people in Yak’s band.

They don’t care, can’t see why they should.
During our last match-up I saw random people from 10 different guilds on this wall, not really a reason to judge the whole server or guilds because of that. The problem is already known and probably will take anet another two months to fix. As for now, enjoy the free thieves-hunting simulator.

Of course they should care.
I do WvW all the time, been doing it for months, and spend considerable amounts of time in there. Haven’t had this many glitch abuse with any other servers. Just like you said, if at least 10 different guild from yak’s are just in and out sm whenever the hell they want, that IS a reason to judge the whole server. Even if anet aint fixing these bugs fast enough, that doesn’t mean they should freely abuse it. And as a server, they decides to not even gonna care? I remember when mesmer from sos glitch into Mendons. Our guys all yelled not to take port, and we all reported the person who did, and kicked the guy from the guild he was in. Seems to me Yak’s don’t have moral standards like us eh? 10 different guilds walks in and out and nobody even tries to stop them. Ridiculous.

We do care. We have been watching for it ourselves to get proof. I do not know about 10 guilds, but I do know of a few. If this happens to anyone, please reach out to that guild and give them screenshots for proof. Yaks does not condone or tolerate this kind of behavior and never has.

If you are unsure who to send your screenshots to, please feel free to send them to me and I will ensure they get to who they need to.

I am rarely in EBG so I have not seen this myself. I do hope it is fixed soon because it is totally annoying.

That just gets people infractions.

in Match-ups

Posted by: tehfoks.5120

tehfoks.5120

[Agg]ression – Nfn