7/5 DR-ET-SF

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: playard.6035

playard.6035

We wernt expecting to take anything but when i got on EB i didnt see SF, so RegA commander and i decided to take ogres. dropped 2 golems. saw SF at veloka so we went to anz then mendons. WP back to Keep and made around 17 golems, took SM. Made 4 more golems took there keep. After ET hit ogres we Decided to Take there side then i wasted around 8g upgrading with others. We only had 15 or so in the beggnining and in the end maybe 25 a little more.

Zultz, GO BACK TO SLEEP! Seriously.

Fear DR’s mighty navy

Pain-in-the-arrsse hard to refresh for us…………

Deko* — Die-hard PvE-in-WvW veteran & noob commander
map chat spammer, siege lover/hater, and, well, I care bears.
League of Ex-Siegers, nonetheLEXS, for now, still Rest on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by playard.6035)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

BS came into a situation where a bunch of DR had grouped up to fight SF which had been running around the zone with 30+ for hours. They weren’t grouped up with whatever they had to fight a 5-man. They were already there fighting SF before you even showed up.

Since SF was dominating the zone with numbers, the action got pushed down into the ruins between the south towers so naturally there were a lot of people down there. Expecting some to sit out while others fight isn’t reasonable. BTW, I’ve seen some BS tags piling on with an ET zerg at their back on more than a few occasions. They didn’t sit it out and they shouldn’t have been expected to.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Its a endless circle jerk of posted pics in these treads with OMG zerg QQ everyweek. We all win some and lose some dont cry about it and zergs tag along time to time.

Now if the message in the screen shots was not one of QQ my mistake seemed like it at the time.

I mentioned a guild that did nothing wrong lumped them in with Edge thats my fault. Been T8 for so long some unwritten guidelines developed between the roaming groups at least for a time. One of those is if you lose in a 4-3 fight then in a 5-3 fight dont come back with 15 and spam emotes its makes me sad. Happens alot with edge folks should not have called the others zerg guilds. Its just so happens when edge takes a beating they stay close to OBS or AD the rest of the night thats no fault of OBS or AD.

Gab really boring responses for a pro forum troll. You have been spamming these threads for weeks now, I get it man. Since PAXA showed you 5 man swag + the forum warrior beating they handed to you a few weeks ago you have tried to be them but you cant, it takes more then just posting alot…

@ Ozzo agree we dont sit people out nor would I expect others too, however when we won 3 v 4 and 3 v 5 (1 pug) and Edge always comes back with AD or OBS evertime without fail and even that is fine, happens. Its the emote spam from this kids riding coat tails of others while pretending to be a roaming guild on the forums. Pointless to even post about it I know lol.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

1. We don’t ride the coat tails of anyone. OBS and EDGE are close and we roam together often. 90% of the time you will see us together, so we don’t necessarily come back with them just to wipe you. Chances are we were already roaming with them and they were catching up and/or vice versa. We’re always in voice comm together.

2. I know of at least one of my members who tends to spam emotes especially /sit and I do apologize for that. I myself don’t emote. I have the utmost respect for you guys as a guild and you’re always challenging so it’s kinda depressing that you think bad of us and I’m sorry we gave off that impression.

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

(edited by Pentzski.4620)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Coma Kid.5184

The Coma Kid.5184

Its just so happens when edge takes a beating they stay close to OBS or AD the rest of the night thats no fault of OBS or AD.

Time out time out! Why are we not allowed to run with other guilds? You know the other guilds we have in our party already because we’re friends and play together every night? I’m sorry about that, my bad for having friends in other guilds. T.T

spam emotes its makes me sad

This only really happens from one person in our guild, and the only other time I see it is if they did that on our body first. (Well me anyways, I got a taste for them people)

I personally haven’t seen any of your guild this matchup at all. So when we die and come back with other guilds like OBS, AD, BSTY, NoQQ. Just remember next time, we’re mixed and matched in the same party and run with them and a daily basis, especially OBS. Just think of it as one big friendly guild! Or maybe alliances like GW1.

Now less complaining and more pew pew.

Gwen Andraste – Human Elementalist
Nameless Accord [NA]
Your Cute [Babe] – Maguuma

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crucify.1649

Crucify.1649

Its a endless circle jerk of posted pics in these treads with OMG zerg QQ everyweek. We all win some and lose some dont cry about it and zergs tag along time to time.

Now if the message in the screen shots was not one of QQ my mistake seemed like it at the time.

I mentioned a guild that did nothing wrong lumped them in with Edge thats my fault. Been T8 for so long some unwritten guidelines developed between the roaming groups at least for a time. One of those is if you lose in a 4-3 fight then in a 5-3 fight dont come back with 15 and spam emotes its makes me sad. Happens alot with edge folks should not have called the others zerg guilds. Its just so happens when edge takes a beating they stay close to OBS or AD the rest of the night thats no fault of OBS or AD.

Gab really boring responses for a pro forum troll. You have been spamming these threads for weeks now, I get it man. Since PAXA showed you 5 man swag + the forum warrior beating they handed to you a few weeks ago you have tried to be them but you cant, it takes more then just posting alot…

@ Ozzo agree we dont sit people out nor would I expect others too, however when we won 3 v 4 and 3 v 5 (1 pug) and Edge always comes back with AD or OBS evertime without fail and even that is fine, happens. Its the emote spam from this kids riding coat tails of others while pretending to be a roaming guild on the forums. Pointless to even post about it I know lol.

For the majority of the guild EDGE, I would love to say that I don’t recall any “emote spamming” towards you guys. I have my times when I do emote spam against people simply because the outnumbered feeling against myself when I am running in a full group or even less; duo or solo.

Only a couple, possibly even one person I have in mind that emote spams. As said earlier, our groups in EDGE fully reach to a maximum of 6-7 when everyone has time to actually play the game. With that said, you should not blame the rest of our guild for a simple person’s action, and we will not change that simply because we don’t control our guild to do a straight forward thing, we all have different perspectives as to against or with guilds, it just so happens most of us are more lenient towards any guild; “Good” or “Bad” as people reference each other. It is just one person, take my advice and ignore them.

TL;DR – Do not generalize.

Chase Me Like A Puppy [woof]

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

watch out mentioning PAXA. they’ll know… they’ll come… they’ll trash the thread with their chest-thumping forum-warrioring ways! aeeiiii! run! hide!

You rang?

Attachments:

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

watch out mentioning PAXA. they’ll know… they’ll come… they’ll trash the thread with their chest-thumping forum-warrioring ways! aeeiiii! run! hide!

You rang?

kitten…

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I was surprised to actually get a few good fights today. Maybe there’s at least a little competition.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

General question is anybody else having problems healing folks in a downed state…

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

Ya well I Zerg harder than BS, PAXA, OINK, SPCA, AND ADQQSTY COMBINED.

Last I checked the OINK bros quit circa May

ROAM | Oink | TLP

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Ah well, I don’t see everything that happens out there. We weren’t running with anyone at that time, it was just four of us on voice together. Everyone just kind of ended up in the same place because of SF (as I saw it at the time). They were running with some pretty huge numbers which forced people to team up, of course.

Just to confirm what Pentzski said above, I noticed EDGE and OBS running together well before you guys showed up in the zone. Our proximity to them and them to us was coincidental. I know it sucks getting piled up on but no disrespect was intended on our side of things.

And yeah, I agree. Emoting and taunting in that kind of situation is totally uncalled for. Pretty sure most know how I feel about that. :P

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

Interesting amount of SF that chased 5 of us all the way from Rogues to Anz. I guess I just smell that good.

Also some fun fighting against ET tonight in EB. Nice 15 minute fight over golanta.

Attachments:

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

(edited by CrazyCanuck.4265)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyskythyn.6471

Kyskythyn.6471

Interesting amount of SF that chased 5 of us all the way from Rogues to Anz. I guess I just smell that good.

Also some fun fighting against ET tonight in EB. Nice 15 minute fight over golanta.

I like the orange swords on my body. Feeling the love, SF, feeling the love.

Miss Kysie – S/F condi bunker ele
River of Tears – S/D glass ele
Solo and small group roamer

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

You rang?

I think your guild image should the bat symbol ._.

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

Dear Mezmereyes (Sorrow’s Furnace, Guild GBD or very similar):

Yesterday in the EB JP, you met up with our party and joined us, promising our leader non-aggression in return for showing you how to get through part of the puzzle. She was out ahead of the rest of us at the time, and after she got you where you wanted to be, you promptly pushed her off the perch.

You then spent the next 45 minutes camped out in a safe place on high, using Focus #4 to knock off anyone who got within range of you.

We finally got enough ET people to flood the area such that you couldn’t get us all off, we got through and promptly killed you.

Note that no one died from those falls, so you weren’t getting any loot bags. The only possible benefit to you would have been some perverse pleasure at kitten ing people off for 45 minutes. This makes you a vile human being in my eyes, the lowest of the low, despicable beyond belief. Behind every toon you continued to grief for no reason whatsoever is a real person at a real computer wasting 45 minutes of his real life because you somehow get your jollies off other people’s misery.

You, sir, owe every person you griefed 45 minutes of their lives back.

I do not hold this against SF. In fact, we ended up running with a group from LORD who were perfectly nice and respectful. I’m not even holding it against your entire guild. However, know that any mesmer I see from GBD (or similar) will become target #1 immediately for me and everyone you griefed.

Griefing for loot bags is one thing. Griefing from a safe spot for no tangible reason is a different thing entirely. And partying with someone to get their help getting to the safe spot, and then turning around and griefing them is beyond the pale. I have never seen such despicable behavior before in GW2, and I hope never to see it again.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

katz.8376

You rang?

I think your guild image should the bat symbol ._.

omg you suck. now i have “na na na na na na na na PAXA!” stuck in my head first thing in the morning. ARGH!

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Yesterday in the EB JP, you met up with our party and joined us, promising our leader non-aggression in return for showing you how to get through part of the puzzle. She was out ahead of the rest of us at the time, and after she got you where you wanted to be, you promptly pushed her off the perch.

You then spent the next 45 minutes camped out in a safe place on high, using Focus #4 to knock off anyone who got within range of you.

We finally got enough ET people to flood the area such that you couldn’t get us all off, we got through and promptly killed you.

Note that no one died from those falls, so you weren’t getting any loot bags. The only possible benefit to you would have been some perverse pleasure at kitten ing people off for 45 minutes. This makes you a vile human being in my eyes, the lowest of the low, despicable beyond belief. Behind every toon you continued to grief for no reason whatsoever is a real person at a real computer wasting 45 minutes of his real life because you somehow get your jollies off other people’s misery.

I do not hold this against SF. In fact, we ended up running with a group from LORD who were perfectly nice and respectful. I’m not even holding it against your entire guild. However, know that any mesmer I see from GBD (or similar) will become target #1 immediately for me and everyone you griefed.

Griefing for loot bags is one thing. Griefing from a safe spot for no tangible reason is a different thing entirely. And partying with someone to get their help getting to the safe spot, and then turning around and griefing them is beyond the pale. I have never seen such despicable behavior before in GW2, and I hope never to see it again.

We on SF take JP griefing extremely seriously. So much so that we have had to retreat from EB altogether in order to police the JP to make sure we are being properly represented in a pvp area.(Which makes it kinda ironic after we lose our keep and whatnot).

Moreover as the new guild leader of “Guild GBD or very similar” I will be looking into this matter furiously, my judgement on the offenders will be cruel, but fair. My only worry at this point, is that once I lay my fury down on this offending Mesmer that I hit the actual one and not one of his clones.

Yours Truly,

Savannah GBD (or very similar)
-Your little pony.

Mag Server Leader

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Jakare.6807

This is the funniest thing I’ve read all day. I know what I’ll be doing tonight! Look for the thief throwing dancing daggers at people in mid air

Úchî/Aulrathil

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Gab really boring responses for a pro forum troll.

Why should I care what you think of my posts?

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

Sounds bloody hilarious. Hats off to that man for prompting such an amusing, tear soaked post.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

This is the reason wvw is plummeting south. People want decency out of enemies more than skillful fights. A shame. Lot of potential in the game as well.

PAXA -GM

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

This is the reason wvw is plummeting south. People want decency out of enemies more than skillful fights. A shame. Lot of potential in the game as well.

Which part of that mesmer’s actions were “skillful”?

IF WvW were “plummeting south” as you say, I’d wager it’s because of behavior like this mesmer’s.

A shame.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tots.3056

Tots.3056

IF WvW were “plummeting south” as you say, I’d wager it’s because of behavior like this mesmer’s.

A shame.

I understand what you’re saying but think about it from my standpoint.
When I go into the EB jumping puzzle I look forward to people camping it. Part of the fun in running through it for me is the fact that two other servers could be there and there might be people to fight. I like the fact that we are fighting over essentially the control of the puzzle. The fact that there are so many obstacles and elevated areas makes the PvP combat a lot of fun. You can do much more tactical movements when there are more things to move around on. If I find a large group or I am getting killed repetitively I leave, because I can come back later and do it.

I think what it comes down to is, if you don’t like PVP then do not use the PVP jumping puzzles. There are plenty of PvE jumping puzzles out there. And don’t tell me it’s for the badges, you can solo two camps and get 10 badges faster than most can run the puzzle.

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

(edited by Tots.3056)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Jscull.2514

A shame.

Nah dude this game is dying because people want to “feel epic” by sitting on seige which actually takes zero skill (press 2-3 buttons repeat for hours)…and people want to be buddies with their enemies…. Lol if you’re on another server you’re gonna die to us. Just about the entire population of gw2 wvw is here for the social aspect and not the competition. Thus that guy from the oringinal post literally baffled someone could kitten with him in a pvp zone lol.

PAXA -GM

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

playard.6035

¿Qué te paxa? <(._.)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Xom.9264

I did the same one night while I was watching a movie I would keep fear mark up stopping anyone from advancing in the jumping puzzle, did it for about an hour.

I was bored, would not of went a full hour but one of the groups invited me and raged. So I continued /shrug.

My favorite was WoW, people would join PvP servers knowing full well you can be attacked in PvE zones, yet when you killed them they still got mad about it.

Hats off to that mesmer.

(edited by Xom.9264)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Euryon.9248

There are a lot of absolute kittening kittens on this forum.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Attachments:

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Euryon.9248

This has nothing whatsoever to do with “killing people in a PvP zone”. There was no killing being done. There is no honest WvW at all. This wasn’t a fight. It was one guy kitten ing people off for no good reason whatsoever.

If you think that’s cool, you’re a kittening kitten too.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I’m not debating the ability to run hassle-free in a PvP jumping puzzle. “If you’re red you’re dead”, is my philosophy.

I am simply stating that a Mesmer that had to rely on his opponents to succeed in a JP is the opposite of “skillfull” imho. He was also deceitful. I’m inherently leery of most things (a genuine glass is half-full kind of guy to boot), so I wouldn’t have been in that situation to start with.

But as is the case in most situations on the internet, the bootyholes seem to get the praise.

Put simply, that Mesmer (the player behind him actually) is what I consider to be the dredge of society. He gets no kudos from me. Praise away.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeroskillz.4983

Zeroskillz.4983

Also, out of the few active [EDGE] members, some of us have sigils and we run the heard around EB and the BL’s at times for fun or when we aren’t roaming. We don’t sigil when we are roaming though. We prefer to keep to our typical OBS/EDGE 3-7 man group. So if you run into a warrior or mez commanding in EB, don’t start complaining about all EDGE being zergy, know that we rotate commanders with the rest of DR.

And yes, you will usually always see EDGE with OBS, we share teamspeak channels and we are all in both guilds for missions.

No disrespect was meant. PS, the best guild I have ran into when defending the home BL has been CoSA. Hope you guys make it to fight night

Xx Zeroskillz Xx – No Talent Mez
[SIX] Days of Judgement – Commander
Devona’s Rest

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

katz.8376

on the one hand, what that mesmer did was pretty crappy.

on the other hand, all is fair in war.

i prefer my opponents to have a modicum of honor on the field, but i don’t expect it. it’s just a pleasant surprise when it happens.

but back to the topic and hand... fun match up so far.

first pic, whoever the heck this ele is... dang man, you tanky as kitten. i think me and my friend both together never got you below 3/4 life. kudos.

second pic... yesterday morning and early afternoon watching my server-mates trying to retake our keep in EB. i’m not quite sure what was going wrong, but it was some quality entertainment. unfortunately for me and my friends sitting with me, DR didn’t like popcorn, and hit us with an AoE of some sort. darn. (we finally took the keep like 2 hours later)

Attachments:

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tots.3056

Tots.3056

This matchup lacks a forum war, I think the JP trolling rage might end up being the highlight. I’m sure the fights are good though.

Since hi I’m cream and on holiday for another two days; Shout out to the guys on Devona’s Rest for making fun of me for buying 6.5K dragons breath buns when they were 30 copper each. Definitely did not just quadruple my investment. Oh wait. winrar.

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Xom.9264

Good fights tonight friends.

Friends

Ozoo go conditions before they nerf fire + terror, its worth it. Power will be untouched come nerfs so your spec will still be there.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

Genuinely curious: what stopped your group from equipping some Stability, or even just staggering your approach to the camped area so not everyone could be knocked off at once? Cannot picture how a single player, using a single skill, trolled a group for 45 minutes.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Kittens ;D

Ozoo go conditions before they nerf fire + terror, its worth it. Power will be untouched come nerfs so your spec will still be there.

Never talked to Oozo, but some of us like to keep our old builds despite the new “OP” stuff going around
- props -

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: XxzaverxX.6790

XxzaverxX.6790

whoever was that thief i faught between jerrifers tower and golatas camp….dude that was an intense fight + my first 1v1 fight against a thief. goodfight

Psychotic Tsumiki – asura ele
Cat Biscuits[cat]

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

A shame.

Nah dude this game is dying because people want to “feel epic” by sitting on seige which actually takes zero skill (press 2-3 buttons repeat for hours)…and people want to be buddies with their enemies…. Lol if you’re on another server you’re gonna die to us. Just about the entire population of gw2 wvw is here for the social aspect and not the competition. Thus that guy from the oringinal post literally baffled someone could kitten with him in a pvp zone lol.

The game is dying because there is nothing to play for….Want to get stoked about taking an objective? Cool, just don’t go to sleep because you cant count on people keeping it, or lately on SF can’t even count on having enough folks to defend much of anything…Even if you do keep all kinds of PPT, what do you win at the end of the week? (At one point and time SF was motivated to climb out of T8, but beyond that the motivation is just not there anymore)

I have been on both sides of the fence, wanted to win a match, didnt care, lost a bunch, won a bunch….

Best advice I could give people if you wanna keep WvW alive, stop scoreboard watching, stop coming to WvW to meet your PVE nubiness needs, bail your scary kitten out of those cozy towers and keeps, get off that NUBASS siege and come fight and learn to play your toon. That is one thing that I do agree with PAXA on…

Mag Server Leader

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Jakare.6807

Best advice I could give people if you wanna keep WvW alive, stop scoreboard watching, stop coming to WvW to meet your PVE nubiness needs, bail your scary kitten out of those cozy towers and keeps, get off that NUBASS siege and come fight and learn to play your toon. That is one thing that I do agree with PAXA on…

Pretty much this. Use WvW for what it is, a massive roaming team deathmatch battleground. Learn your class, REALLY learn it, play it to it’s limits, put yourself in situations that actually have some kind of risk and actually push you to get better, because right now that’s basically the end game. Every time you lose a fight you should have learnt something. Every time you spam 1 on an AC in a tower, somewhere in the world a child dies.

Don’t forgo the best challenge that you can get in this game because you’d rather press 1 to win than face losing a fight and paying a few silver repair costs, you can make that money back just getting stacks off of coyote’s for kitten’s sake.

Úchî/Aulrathil

(edited by Jakare.6807)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

on the other hand, all is fair in war.

No, not really. The people who engage in war without restraint or humanity tend to get remembered as monsters and war criminals, the Geneva Conventions exist for a reason, and things can get very nasty for everyone when people don’t restrain themselves at all, even in real war. Yes, this is a game and far less is at stake, but the psychology of what is decent and fair is similar.

I don’t personally have a problem with players attacking other players in the WvW jumping puzzle and I can even accept denial without a kill for loot as a legitimate goal but making a cooperative deal and then turning on a person who helped you is a jerk move no matter how you cut it.

And for the players who are defending this who enjoy dueling challenges, would you be fine with a commander showing up to Fight Night with a zerg to make it impossible to have it and for no other reason or would that be a jerk move? How about players who follow the duel protocol and then have their friends jump in to help if they start losing?

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Berk.8561

Pretty much this. Use WvW for what it is, a massive roaming team deathmatch battleground. Learn your class, REALLY learn it, play it to it’s limits, put yourself in situations that actually have some kind of risk and actually push you to get better, because right now that’s basically the end game.

Everyone plays for different reasons. One person’s sole reason for playing might seem hopelessly dull or lame to someone else.

I enjoy the strategic game in WvW – holding sites, siege placement, deterring attacks, calling in a cavalry zerg to thwart an attack, and so on. My primary character is traited for support, my friends are casual players, and I’m pretty poor at button pushing so I’m never going to compete with a player who thrives on duels and such. I can win a 1 on 1 against certain classes, but it’s not why I play WvW.

Every time you spam 1 on an AC in a tower, somewhere in the world a child dies.

Based on what I’ve seen, just pushing 1 on an AC makes one about as effective with it as just pushing 1 on a weapon skill in combat. Effective use of siege weapons, including placement and targeting, is a skill, too — and one that a lot of WvW players don’t seem to have.

I continue to be amazed when I’m defending a tower or keep and there is open siege all around and players not using it.

Yeah, that may spoil someone’s PvDoor experience, but one would think that players looking for a challenge would enjoy the challenge oh cracking a well-defended tower or keep. Isn’t that also part of the game, or do we get to be selective about how others are allowed to play?

Don’t forgo the best challenge that you can get in this game because you’d rather press 1 to win than face losing a fight and paying a few silver repair costs, you can make that money back just getting stacks off of coyote’s for kitten’s sake.

Not my primary interest in WvW. I don’t mind dying, particularly to achieve an objective, but I don’t have the time, interest, dedication, or reflexes to compete with top end players and I’m fine with that. I play to my strengths and I’m fine with others playing toward theirs.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Based on what I’ve seen, just pushing 1 on an AC makes one about as effective with it as just pushing 1 on a weapon skill in combat. Effective use of siege weapons, including placement and targeting, is a skill, too — and one that a lot of WvW players don’t seem to have.

I continue to be amazed when I’m defending a tower or keep and there is open siege all around and players not using it.

Yeah, that may spoil someone’s PvDoor experience, but one would think that players looking for a challenge would enjoy the challenge oh cracking a well-defended tower or keep. Isn’t that also part of the game, or do we get to be selective about how others are allowed to play?

While you have a valid point, I would add that while it is “effective” to sit on an AC or speed build a bali to kill a cata etc; it is more fun (opinion) to stay off the siege, stack up, rush the siege and wipe them altogether.

The only time I really care for using (defensive) siege (personally) is when we are defending something and severely out-manned. (IE: 5vs30). And even then it is just to ruin 30 noobs day, or give our main force some time to get there and wipe them.

I would be 100% fine if ANET deleted siege altogether from the game, changed the scaling on the dmg done to doors and left things like that (I mean if people wanted to pvdoor all day go ahead). IMO siege just ruins this game, whether it be OP crap like the former ACs, the fact that Trebs solve too many problems, field built siege ruining open field fights, etc.

Mag Server Leader

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Attic.1562

This has nothing whatsoever to do with “killing people in a PvP zone”. There was no killing being done. There is no honest WvW at all. This wasn’t a fight. It was one guy kitten ing people off for no good reason whatsoever.

If you think that’s cool, you’re a kittening kitten too.

Understand and realize that almost nobody here gives a kitten about what this guy did to you. Nobody is going to pat you on the head and tell you about how you’re safe now because mommy is home.

Because all we see is someone crying about how they and their buddies were absolutely dominated by the better part of an hour by an extraordinarily simple to counter strategy. Your continued tears on the subject and lashing out at us only serves to fuel our amusement.

The forums are not here to coddle you. Think on this next time you feel the need to rage post.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

playard.6035

Pretty much this. Use WvW for what it is, a massive roaming team deathmatch battleground. Learn your class, REALLY learn it, play it to it’s limits, put yourself in situations that actually have some kind of risk and actually push you to get better, because right now that’s basically the end game. Every time you lose a fight you should have learnt something. Every time you spam 1 on an AC in a tower, somewhere in the world a child dies.

With all due respect, I don’t agree with you two. Your games ain’t my game.

I do learn a lot, about how to play my toon, in WvW — dropped the sorry-kitten ranger’s long bow and learned the short bow, contemplated thoroughly then actually tweaked my build, tried and changed the pets I used. (still love~ my Charlie Brown Bear and Paula Polar Bear <- I think bears thing explained me a lot…)

I was and still is a lame ranger, but lately it becomes possible for me to slowly solo a camp — kill the scouts and dodge the guards first, kite with SB’s skill #3 and stack the conditions using pets and with the help from spirits.

Had some interesting 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or small group fights with my random but regular party in this match. Won some, lost some… or probably lost a bit more. I don’t really care about dying recently. If I am dying or dead somewhere on the map, the other 1 or 2 members in my party will notice and come to check what’s wrong with the particular site or region, before or without me asking or calling out in chat. We usually won’t bring all our 4-5 PuG-like party members down to fight or zerg the enemy. Sadly we siege lovers/haters always have sieges somewhere to baby-sit.

I like and enjoy the strategic and social side of WvW. I’m not a killer-type player. (I’ll roll on a thief? a mes? a warrior? a guardian? an ele? a necro? or an engi? for that, I think.)

Yea, attacking enemy borderland for whatever reasons you come up for yourself is fun. Also being attackers, you have certain advantages over defenders. At least, it’s fun, it’s your call to attack, and it’s rewarding — mentally and physically. Or, at least you know your kitten in advance. Most of the time, we few homeland defenders are either chasing enemy’s tail, cleaning and patching things up, or, most likely, fighting the highy-buffed Lv.99 Legendary Champion Boredom. (._.)

Please do understand that the sieges aren’t there by themselves, in BL and/or in EB. Some smart guys (or, dumb fools) built them gradually involving several runs from supply hut and camps. And sieges aren’t always there by themselves. Some boring people who has no better things to do in WvW refreshed them (or just some WvW noobs tried to fire those seemingly interesting toys) from time to time. Ask any siegers in BL or commanders in EB who ordered and/or built sieges at keeps and towers, the mortality rates of sieges won’t be low.

I understand that people can have fun in different ways, in their own ways, and I respect our hardcore roaming and fighting squads, especailly [EDGE]. (Sorry~ [OBS] & Bukems q: ) Thanks for helping defending our south borderland now and then. I frequently ran into Gwyndor, and maybe Initialise as well, in our south camps before. Even if you were AFK standing there in SE camp, I still feel greatly safer at home. BTW, Zeroskillz is my former guildie, and I think I am the one who makes him join EDGE. (Sorry, had to turn down your invitation weeks ago, I’m afraid that I’m not your type.)

5000 chars?

Edit: SAFE!

The following are some of my fond memories in WvW.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/5-10-DR-GOM-NSP/2039670
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/5-10-DR-GOM-NSP/2027282
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/5-24-T7-NSP-DR-GoM/2098928
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/4-19-DH-DR-IoJ/1873320
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/4-19-DH-DR-IoJ/1877553

(edited by playard.6035)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

The forums are not here to coddle you. Think on this next time you feel the need to rage post.

^ He said coddle

:D

Mag Server Leader

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Berk.8561

The only time I really care for using (defensive) siege (personally) is when we are defending something and severely out-manned. (IE: 5vs30). And even then it is just to ruin 30 noobs day, or give our main force some time to get there and wipe them.

Let’s just say that seeing the Outmanned buff is not a rare occurrence for ET players and even when we don’t see it we are usually outnumbered. A big part of the problem is that personal AoE attacks hit a maximum of 5 people, making stacking together a good defensive strategy. It shouldn’t be. Siege weapons can hit up to 50 at once, making them the only real zerg-cluster-buster in the game.

I would be 100% fine if ANET deleted siege altogether from the game, changed the scaling on the dmg done to doors and left things like that (I mean if people wanted to pvdoor all day go ahead). IMO siege just ruins this game, whether it be OP crap like the former ACs, the fact that Trebs solve too many problems, field built siege ruining open field fights, etc.

I wouldn’t, since they are key to taking and holding sites, which is why they existed in the real world, too. The thing that ruins open field fights is a tightly packed map where just about every inch can be hit by siege equipment in a tower or keep. A bigger map with more open fields would create more opportunity for open field battles. If someone builds siege in an open field, there is your opportunity for a charge to take it out.

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Jscull.2514

2 things:

1. King Amadaeus- dude you have come a LONG way from where you were when we did forum / wvw battle. Cheers to you sir, for you have graduated from Zerg school. Unfortunately for you (we got you beat on time) you are now learning just how small the non-zerg the skill level community is in gw2. It is simply easier to run a bunker build /glass build (balance build? Whats that?) in a Zerg and follow others and sit on seige ect ect ect…..than to sack uP and graduate Zerg school to actually rely on less people to kill what you come across and survive. Kill to death ratio? What’s that?

2. Berk- you are 1 of 95-99% of this game that doesn’t want to do anything else but use wvw as your “epic battlefield”. Dude it’s pvp… Player vs player… There are towers and keeps here And that is all you see. Forget the red players running around, theyre just annoying right? Forget that running around with 20+ people makes this game ez mode because of dumb mechanics like 5 person Aoe cap and downed state (worst idea ever in mmo history btw). Just play general Patton every night and feel epic like youre living lord of the rings? 95-99% of this game hates competition. Hates when enemies kill/troll them in a jumping puzzle so they waste RL time and are “appalled” at the actions. Please graduate from lalaville and jump into wanting to use your own skill to kill other people. Not Anets seige skill. Like king AMA said, take out siege – I bet 40% or more would quit the game.

PAXA -GM

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Attic.1562

^ He said coddle

:D

You would have preferred BF3-dle or haddock-dle?

2. Berk- you are 1 of 95-99% of this game that doesn’t want to do anything else but use wvw as your “epic battlefield”. Dude it’s pvp… Player vs player… There are towers and keeps here And that is all you see. Forget the red players running around, theyre just annoying right? Forget that running around with 20+ people makes this game ez mode because of dumb mechanics like 5 person Aoe cap and downed state (worst idea ever in mmo history btw). Just play general Patton every night and feel epic like youre living lord of the rings? 95-99% of this game hates competition. Hates when enemies kill/troll them in a jumping puzzle so they waste RL time and are “appalled” at the actions. Please graduate from lalaville and jump into wanting to use your own skill to kill other people. Not Anets seige skill. Like king AMA said, take out siege – I bet 40% or more would quit the game.

There’s nothing wrong with the way he plays the game. It’s a supported, and intended, playstyle.

Man I hate bloody siege and the needlessly zerg friendly mechanics as much as anyone, they’re one of the major reasons I hardly ever touch the game anymore, but it’s not the players fault for using them. Instead, it’s ANet’s fault for implementing those mechanics and devaluing the more skillful and competitive small group playstyle players like you and I prefer.

Direct your ire towards the bloody balancing team at ANet who feel that WvW is unworthy of it’s own balancing because it isn’t esportz like they want sPvP to be. Don’t blame your fellow WvW’ers. That’s just ignorant; not cool.

(edited by Attic.1562)

7/5 DR-ET-SF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tiglie.5834

Tiglie.5834

Zerg ball stacking and spamming 1111111111111111111111111 is what makes up 95% of this game’s playerbase. I have literally no idea how it’s fun to people, but then again, I also have the luxury of playing with an amazing group of people that has been static since Daoc. We know what we can do.

While it’s laughable hearing people defending zerging as tactical realm choke point strategical, blah blah blah, it’s all they know. As soon as they break off solo / smaller groups they get killed and go back to rolling in the 1 spam ball. It will never change, it makes up a majority of a game’s playerbase until it gets much much much matured, Daoc was a kittenzerg for it’s first 2 years too.

I guess what i am rambling about is it’s not the players problem, they will not change. It’s arena’s problem for making the mechanics like aoe cap, downed state, and it will not change. They are actually so dumb that they think the solution to zerging is buffing siege damage. I mean kitten …….really…….do they even know why we kitten, do they even play their game, do they want this to be online virtual arrow cart simulator 2013?

[LARP]
Tiglie Wiglie – Oh Bahmaz
Iz U Potato – Absentee Father