7/5 Sanctum of Rall/Blackgate/Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

5. Furthermore, it would be counterproductive in any type of competition for a group to specifically alter their play before a match without any sort of advance warning.

Agreed, which is why I don’t understand why you would introduce something different from our first match at the last moment that potentially affected our strategy.

Since we are on agreement with this, and I am glad one of you at least was able to admit it…. perhaps we can get this thing rescheduled.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

can someone explain to me if there is a problem in SOR connectivity? i have D/C 11th time in a row and all i can see is were loosing everything. everytiem i move i just D/C. is unplayable atm.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

To any Oce/SEA guilds who are thinking of transferring right now:

Please consider the evidence and data of the tier and see the patterns in the scores. SoR does NOT tick at this low a PPT unless they intend it. Just yesterday they were in the high 200s and even hit 300 on average. At worst they were not far behind in the low 200s. This week, they made up for a 2k lead and extended it to 12k in their favor in a single day.

No one can stop you from going where you please, but please do consider the balance of the matchups for the sake of the WvW community at large. One super-server will upset the game for everyone.

+1000 to this. Don’t go to SoR, or you will completely ruin BG+JQ SEA PvD and we will drown into whine. We prefer to loose some ppt instead of this forum horror.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brutus.5732

Brutus.5732

On SOR’s last loss which some here think we threw to recruit more:

The prior week we won after TW (on JQ server) and our other backbone guilds were GvGing and we finished the weekend down by ~13k. We pushed hard, took the lead Tuesday night and coasted the rest of the week for the win. Our 5th week in a row.

Then we started slow again and left the weekend with a deficit. Similar to the prior week we pushed hard and Tuesday night we were down by 3k with a bunch of T3 keeps and towers. I came home from work the next day, saw everything PvD’d and the lead increased substantially and figured we would have to push hard again the next 2 nights if we were going to win.

After 5 weeks I was tired and winning a 6th week was not worth it. I didn’t login again until reset when I was rested and ready to go. We ended that weekend with a lead.

PS. I had heard of SONG’s arrival but KISS was a surprise to me.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Dunno how you only manage 10-30 ppt with a full map zerg running around JQ BL

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Just a quick heads up, any guild caught RPing and expects not to be slaughtered on compassionate grounds, that isn’t going to happen. No offense Silver that extends to SoR LOVE – I don’t discriminate.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Look at all that LOVE!
<3 Guys!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

As an Ordained Minister & Marriage Counselor in the Holy Church of Jedsus Chris of Saturday Feints it was great to see SoR and BG taking my advice and playing with little JQ outside SoR’s spawn camp on BGBL! Great times everyone!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Baels.3469

Baels.3469

It hurts to be this good.

Blackgate
[MERC] – Oceanic

in Match-ups

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

5. Furthermore, it would be counterproductive in any type of competition for a group to specifically alter their play before a match without any sort of advance warning.

Agreed, which is why I don’t understand why you would introduce something different from our first match at the last moment that potentially affected our strategy.

Since we are on agreement with this, and I am glad one of you at least was able to admit it…. perhaps we can get this thing rescheduled.

Thats the point I was making though. It was not “last moment” and its not “your strategy.” We have been using tonics whenever they are available, that is something we do, not specific to who we are fighting.

Perhaps it would have been best to express that TW meant for our GvGs to be a tournament style set. But I would expect that until this incident each GvG was to be treated as a separate GvG, or would you prefer us to revert back to the exact comp and strategies that we were using back when we had the first GvG? Of course not. Because GvGs are a reflection of what you try to accomplish as a group in WvW, and things change over time. In guilds with such high organization and planning, like TW, things often change very fast in their “personal meta.”

EDIT: Im just trying to clear things up that may not have been cleanly stated in my first post. I had no intention of posting more then once.

In regards to sigil stacking vs tonics:

Stat stacking sigils are against the “unwritten rules” because of how much they would disrupt the flow of GvG rounds. Because GvGs are supposed to be the utmost balanced fight you can get, there are 2 outcomes. Either everyone from both teams swap to stacking weapons and kills boars/spiders to get a full stack and then swaps back, before each and every round or each team agrees to have no stacks whatsoever. Because the former would take an absurd amount of time and disrupt the GvG as a whole, the unwritten rule is that you have no stacks.

Tonics on the other hand can be reapplied by just the click of a mouse.

(edited by rmBossa.4621)

in Match-ups

Tarkus.4109

Score Update!

Look at all that LOVE!
<3 Guys!

That was a fun party to crash… A bit of a red wedding eh?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

In it for the fights and not caring about PPT.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Look at all that LOVE!
<3 Guys!

That was a fun party to crash… A bit of a red wedding eh?

NO TARKUS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As I told you in TS, you need more snuggling kitty! <3

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cosmic.2150

Cosmic.2150

I’ll preface this with a simple statement, I can only speak for myself.

To everyone asking where SoR NA is (like it isn’t apparent), we aren’t in WvW. Lag and disconnects have made it pointless to even try. I, and a number of others I’ve spoken with about it, are sitting it out in hopes that the issue clears up. We play for fun, and it isn’t fun when half of our skills don’t activate in combat and moving around just leads to being disconnected from the server.

But sure, maybe we really just want to recruit more guilds… that makes much more sense.

The Whitepuffs – SoR [HL]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Baels.3469

Baels.3469

>Sanctum of Arrowcarts
>In it for the fights

MY SIDES, THEY HURT. THE LAUGHTER. STAHP.

Blackgate
[MERC] – Oceanic

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Kuchi kuchi koo!

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Thats the point I was making though. It was not “last moment” and its not “your strategy.” We have been using tonics whenever they are available, that is something we do, not specific to who we are fighting.

Given that you asked to use ghost tonics less than a half an hour before the match was supposed to start, my definition of last minute is more than met.

You wanting to introduce them to our GvG last minute, by my definition, most certainly affected our strategy. I am not sure why or even how you can claim otherwise unless you are in our guild.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

To everyone asking where SoR NA is (like it isn’t apparent), we aren’t in WvW.

Or NA is at work right now………

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

>Sanctum of Arrowcarts
>In it for the fights

MY SIDES, THEY HURT. THE LAUGHTER. STAHP.

Oh look it’s Veld, another norn MERC commander troll.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kathy K.6812

Kathy K.6812

I wouldn’t doubt SoR is doing poorly to try and get TFV to sympathize and move over. We’ve seen them do this time and time again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atine.8623

Atine.8623

I wouldn’t doubt SoR is doing poorly to try and get TFV to sympathize and move over. We’ve seen them do this time and time again.

TFV is not moving. I heard BG is going to get a big SEA guild tho.

Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall
Cras es Noster!
My posts are strictly my own, they do not represent my server nor my guild.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

As a SoR player, I can tell you that this comment is not even close to reality based.

in Match-ups

Cosmic.2150

To everyone asking *where SoR NA is (like it isn’t apparent), we aren’t in WvW.

Or NA is at work right now………

Sorry, please allow me to spell it out for you so you don’t have to think it through for yourself…

*where SoR NA has been, during their time slot over the past few nights…

Hopefully you can now understand my meaning.

in Match-ups

Tarkus.4109

From who, and what guild

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kathy K.6812

Kathy K.6812

As a SoR player, I can tell you that this comment is not even close to reality based.

I wish I can say SoR doesn’t purposely do poorly just to get transfers; but we’ve seen it happen twice already. I wish I was wrong covenn, but history tends to repeat itself more often than not especially when it comes to SoR.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Sorry, please allow me to spell it out for you so you don’t have to think it through for yourself…

We have been ticking away between 300-400 during my NA play time all week. So your comment makes no sense to me as written.

sigh there was no need to be rude.

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

I wish I can say SoR doesn’t purposely do poorly just to get transfers; but we’ve seen it happen twice already. I wish I was wrong covenn, but history tends to repeat itself more often than not especially when it comes to SoR.

You are wrong. There has been no server wide conspiracy to do poorly, ever. I play on the server and you do not.

Anyways, you just have been spouting the same stuff to stir up drama on both this new account of yours and the one you already had perma banned. The schtick is kind of played out

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Look! All three servers represented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
We may or may not.. be having a LOVE party!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tam.3146

Tam.3146

OH YES YOU ARE GENIUS
In fact this time we work with Anet
Anet make us lag like crazy everyday, so that we lose our passion on WvW and be inactive, then we can have more and more guild to join
How do you know our plan? It should be a top secret within SoR

For Dolyaks Glory
Not Yet Solved[NYS] SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I think some players are simply trying to wrap their head around the sudden drop off in participation from SoR yesterday, as it was pretty atypical. And it’s not just about the SEA timezone and internet issues. SoR numbers were lower than normal from early NA through early Oceanic when I went to bed. I can’t remember the last time SoR was outmanned in EB during late NA when I play, but even though I can’t see the buff anymore, I’m certain you were. EU was understandable. HB was out yesterday. But after that, what I personally witnessed was not the SoR I’m used to. So, outside of the claims of intentionally taking the foot off the gas, that leaves us with 1) random off night (we all have them); 2) TW busy with GvG; 3) burnout; 4) other unknown factors.

Whatever the reasons, it was not a normal day for the tier from what I saw.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

Don’t forget new content, some of it is kinda neat and may have drew some away – especially if they are interested in Celestial gear.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

Liquid, it is quite normal for us to have a drop off that time. Keep in mind that TW was in EB and left the zone. Was the hole filled after he moved maps? Not only that, a ton of people switched over to the BL we were going to fight AGG at and were just standing around up until the point the cancelled on us over the potion issue. I suspect most of them stayed in zone or logged.

Edit: and as Valin said ….people from all servers in PvE. We dont have the inate PvE population JQ/BG does, so when we have overflows in PvE zones any time other than reset, you can guarantee it is drawing from WvW.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Don’t forget new content, some of it is kinda neat and may have drew some away – especially if they are interested in Celestial gear.

Ahh yeah I forgot about that. Short term PvE events are always a variable.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tortitudo Probo.2598

Tortitudo Probo.2598

I would love to see some Oce/SEA transfers to SOR as it would be nice to get home from work and not have paper everything.

Nah, you’re fine as it is. The only server that could use an extra guild or 2 is JQ. Winning a week shouldn’t be a given, you have to work for it. Recruiting more (same goes for bg) would just result in easy-mode.

[HB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Korbaal.6402

Korbaal.6402

SoR hasn’t dropped off in activity at all. We just don’t really give a kitten. The fact that BG has their oceanics pulling double shifts to close the gap on SoR says it all. BG are fielding massive numbers today. But none of it matters in the end. SoR is WvW server and come rain or shine we will be out there fighting the good fight. We don’t throw in the towel at the first sign of a tough fight. Which is more than I can say for BG. All I have done this week is chase the dust trails of BG running away. I for one am glad Merc and ND are bringing it. Because no other TZ does.

edit: Oh and JQ should get an arbitrary mention. Well done JQ keep it up. You are god’s special little sunbeam, etc. etc.

[RIP STAR]

(edited by Korbaal.6402)

in Match-ups

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

quickly

i need everyone to tell me when exactly oceanic and sea timezones are supposed to be and how far apart they are

after recent inquiries i’m fairly certain nobody actually knows and it’s just a general area of “after most US players go to bed and before at least 73 IRON players log on”

this is for science

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krypty.3897

Krypty.3897

I’ll preface this with a simple statement, I can only speak for myself.

To everyone asking where SoR NA is (like it isn’t apparent), we aren’t in WvW. Lag and disconnects have made it pointless to even try. I, and a number of others I’ve spoken with about it, are sitting it out in hopes that the issue clears up. We play for fun, and it isn’t fun when half of our skills don’t activate in combat and moving around just leads to being disconnected from the server.

But sure, maybe we really just want to recruit more guilds… that makes much more sense.

I can say that this is not just happening to SoR. RISE has had numerous d/c’s on a nightly basis. I will say SoRBL seems to be the worst though.

Blackgate – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tortitudo Probo.2598

Tortitudo Probo.2598

I can say that this is not just happening to SoR. RISE has had numerous d/c’s on a nightly basis. I will say SoRBL seems to be the worst though.

Indeed, we had a ton of dc’s and skill lag as well, only on SoRBL though. Rest was fine for me.

[HB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

WvW went down, sor bl no longer lags or dcs.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Thats an easy card to pull when your loosing.

I had the pleasure of facing the SoR OCE and SEA guilds today. It was awesome to see them work as individual guilds on the same map, coordinating in some fights and hitting different objectives at other times. I would only whish that some of the SoR NA players and guilds would follow their example. It was a pleasure fighting you guys today!

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Cosmic.2150

Indeed, we had a ton of dc’s and skill lag as well, only on SoRBL though. Rest was fine for me.

I was getting this on JQBL as well… hopefully the WvW restart will fix that up too. It was unplayable as it was…

in Match-ups

covenn.7165

I would only whish that some of the SoR NA players and guilds would follow their example. It was a pleasure fighting you guys today!

Not sure what you are talking about because it happens all the time each and every night during NA.

in Match-ups

Cosmic.2150

We have been ticking away between 300-400 during my NA play time all week. So your comment makes no sense to me as written.

sigh there was no need to be rude.

Yeah, sorry about that, I just assumed you were trolling based on your reply.

Last night we only broke 300 ppt a few ticks prior to 5pm PDT, so I guess you are on the east coast (I’m a westie, so things that happen before 6pm PDT are off my radar). I haven’t had a queue to enter a BL any night this week (ie. M-W), which is what I was basing my statement on. To me (as I stated in the opening sentence of my first post) is seems that we are not at our normal level of player activity.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Keep up the tenacity BG! Much love.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

I had the pleasure of facing the SoR OCE and SEA guilds today. It was awesome to see them work as individual guilds on the same map, coordinating in some fights and hitting different objectives at other times. I would only whish that some of the SoR NA players and guilds would follow their example. It was a pleasure fighting you guys today!

Amusing considering most of the time you are on, you are zerging it hard with the entire BL.

Regardless, this matchup has been so close. It’s been great.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

Amusing considering most of the time you are on, you are zerging it hard with the entire BL.

Yep we all run with Smokee, since he runs tag less it allows the whole map to know where he is and follow him….

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

……I kinda wanna snuggle to death right now. Smokee was running tagless all night. I honestly had no idea he was on till I saw the HB tags. He attracts people to him though…. people enjoy his commanding (as do I)!!! So stop assuming. Thanks!

On a side note:
To my SoR friends and my yak friend from JQ… they were fun bridge parties tonight!!!!!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Yes i understand what they did with the pots. But saying that you want to keep tighter trains means your MA should only have to use. not your entire group., only reason you are using them now is for the distinct visual advantage that it creates for some people not being able to see what class you are. I agree with why you have to use them,

Also that was the first gvg you had with choo. we have had a prior GvG so assuming rules would have stayed the same. (on a side note why did you request no banners from warrior? its a class ability, not that we would need one i was just curious as to why lol)

The war banners was an obvious troll.
Our casters don’t use Ghost tonic. It’s impossible, it comes off during combat. Everyone knows this.
Also asurians are also the hardest class too telegraph skills with as of their size. Which is why most spvpers are using an asurian model, because you can’t see what skills they’re casting clearly.

I guess there is only 1 way to tell the differance from a class….asurian or norn, it isnt that hard. Even with the pots its not hard for me, but for others it could create confusion.

No matter the case, if you feel your group needs to use pots to create some sort of cosmic connection between melee train and MA, more power too you guys and good luck. It was unfortunate that we were not able to meet in the middle to make this happen. Hopefully, calmer heads will prevale next time and we can meet and maybe we can get this settled on the gvg field.

After watching the video, yes, the visual advantage is apparent.

Wearing a tonic skin is like wearing the same coloured jersey on a soccer field – easy identification. While the others are wearing a mish mash of colours, prone to confusing themselves even.

In GvG terms, it translates into the ease of consolidating your team members, and differentiating who are your enemies. Perhaps as people earlier stated, masking the class of the person?

The AC mage tonic looks visually striking so it is vastly easier to spot your team mates to squeeze a tight train.

For fairness, either have everyone use tonics, or strike it off completely.

^ Its unfair to your opponents, [Agg]. Its like you’re using an “exploit” to gain an advantage over your enemies.

Forgive me if I’m wrong here but doesn’t everyone have access to the tonic? Isn’t it just as ridiculous to say food is an unfair advantage?

Yes, actually. But food buffs are extremely common with those guilds who do GvGs, so its pretty much understood by all guilds who GvG that food buffs are permitted. These tonics though, are pretty rarely used by guilds that GvG, other than RG and other guilds who want to be like RG.

Sorry, but what is the point of this? I never said no guilds use these tonics. FYI, most of these guilds are from EU. NA guilds that GvG rarely use these tonics, from what I’ve noticed.

So what if those guilds were EU? It’s still the same game. A GvG is a GvG.

gg

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

I would love to see some Oce/SEA transfers to SOR as it would be nice to get home from work and not have paper everything.

I’m also glad we now have KISS to help IRON as they have a tough job. Every day they login, gather the traumatized troops that are being spawn camped and help rebuild everything that was PvDoor’d.

It isn’t that SOR’s EU is overly strong, it is the overlap of our strong NA with our EU. For 1-2 hours we are very strong and then slowly diminishes as EU logs off.

Last night our NA didn’t show up (thanks GvG?) and you didn’t see our normal PPT.

BG starts at NA time with “paper everything.” SoR has enough coverage as it is. HIRE always has big numbers during oceanic, so stop freaking out.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

Not true.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator