7/6/13: GH-MS-RoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

a group of 10 VcY 20-25 Riot and about 15 dex

We all know that’s not even close to the numbers, especially having encountered VcY on our own at Woodhaven with our 5 guys, we know you had more than 10. Numbers were pretty much equal in the initial bay push (the only one I was present at as I can’t stand zergs).

Doesn’t really matter who blobbed who, people are free to bring as many or as few as they want it’s World v World for a reason. Just somewhat silly, and pointless, to exaggerate just for boosting ones ego.

Personally I miss the days when 30~ people was “Oh **** they’ve got everyone…” and not the standard group size.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Personally I miss the days when 30~ people was “Oh **** they’ve got everyone…” and not the standard group size.

Our original server events at the start of the year contained organised pwn groups of 10 people. Them were the days

in Match-ups

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

GH have specifically targeted RoS since the reset.

I can’t speak for other guilds and commanders, but i specifically had my commanders (aka most ‘pug commanders’ of GH i guess) focus on RoS simply because i wanted to end up second. RoS is the smaller and weaker of our two opponents this matchup, and since day one i was aware we wouldn’t be able to overcome MS, making it a focused fight for the second spot.
I am way past the whole ‘oh it’s RoS, we must murder RoS’ kind of rivalry, as it’s petty and low.

MS attacked GH bl last night after we had turned it all blue because everything had paper doors.

They ignored paper RoS EB corner and went for t3, sieged up and manned towers in GH EB corner. They ignored paper RoS BL long enough and kept bashing on our BL. At ~4am, once Stikko had taken our EB keep and PvD’d his way through the GH BL keeps, MS capped the whole GH EB corner but touched nothing in RoS corner, having moved onto GH BL instead, despite your corner still being paper.
As i said earlier, i am not whining – i fully embrace all facets of WvW, including focusing the chosen opponent for whatever reason. I am not even evaluating or judging anyone or their behaviour, i just want to have the facts straight.

I still do not quite understand what an MS golem was doing among RoS group in our garrison, in the provided screenshot, having entered the lord’s room with them. I would guess that normally RoS would kill MS pounding inner garrison, and then open it themselves with the golems they had brought themselves, but no – there weren’t many MS either (3? including the golem) and they all went inside lord’s.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vynt.5218

Vynt.5218

Enjoy your night capping, Get those doors!

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5710/gw237.jpg
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Wow. Just wow. Whole 6 defenders in SM

in Match-ups

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Nah, that was phase 3, after we got pushed out two times already, maybe Eras has more screens :p

in Match-ups

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Fun week, thanks to dC, GoA, and FIRE for the fights and to all the others we bumped in to during raids. Good luck to you both next week unless ofc ROS get paired with us again

Fingers crossed for reset: Dz vs GH vs AG

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

Posted by: Agrios.9071

Agrios.9071

I still do not quite understand what an MS golem was doing among RoS group in our garrison, in the provided screenshot, having entered the lord’s room with them. I would guess that normally RoS would kill MS pounding inner garrison, and then open it themselves with the golems they had brought themselves, but no – there weren’t many MS either (3? including the golem) and they all went inside lord’s.

To explain this pretty simply situation. After we got our Borderland back the nightcrew of RoS decided to attack Gunners a little (meaning to whipe all 3 wps in GH-Borderland and the one in EB) so we started with getting Hills which we got with zero resistance. When we were at the inner gate we saw Garrison was contested but ignored it.
We moved with our golems to Garrison to take that but saw an open watergate so we rushed the stairs up and found inner gate open aswell. Do you think we let the Millers take the Garrison? We found it really nice from them to open it for us and we whiped both Gunners and Millers.
After that we took your Bay. I dont know what exactly happend after that because i went to bed but if Millers took anything there it was wooden and no great achievement.

Dreamland Of Cookies [mmmh]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

To explain this pretty simply situation. After we got our Borderland back the nightcrew of RoS decided to attack Gunners a little (meaning to whipe all 3 wps in GH-Borderland and the one in EB) so we started with getting Hills which we got with zero resistance. When we were at the inner gate we saw Garrison was contested but ignored it.
We moved with our golems to Garrison to take that but saw an open watergate so we rushed the stairs up and found inner gate open aswell. Do you think we let the Millers take the Garrison? We found it really nice from them to open it for us and we whiped both Gunners and Millers.
After that we took your Bay. I dont know what exactly happend after that because i went to bed but if Millers took anything there it was wooden and no great achievement.

- Phoenix Wright mode -

I do not detect a contradiction in this testimony.

Call the next witness!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

its weird because i still think we are the strongest server of RoS Dzag GH and every week against Surmia we find ourselves losing being badly doubleteamed while never having that problem in other matchups.

It’s not possible that we’re slightly stronger compared to GH?
You’ve beaten us once(?) in all the matches we’ve had, and you still can’t admit a simple fact. Quite a strong ego you got there.

I’m not saying GH players are bad, not at all. Our better coverage and steady WvW population just puts us a bit ahead of GH.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

its weird because i still think we are the strongest server of RoS Dzag GH and every week against Surmia we find ourselves losing being badly doubleteamed while never having that problem in other matchups.

You’ve beaten us once(?) in all the matches we’ve had, and you still can’t admit a simple fact. Quite a strong ego you got there.

I’m not saying GH players are bad, not at all. Our better coverage and steady WvW population just puts us a bit ahead of GH.

I’d say that’s an accurate assessment yes

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Match-ups

Posted by: woutterr.5974

woutterr.5974

Nah, that was phase 3, after we got pushed out two times already, maybe Eras has more screens :p

No screens, but yes we had to down siege 2-3 times and we fought the whole MS zerg. After that we regrouped (which I am still happily surprised about, because it was after being pushed out 3 times, at that point, usually most players just wander in on their own) and then we’ve managed to do one final push together and it worked out.

I think numbers were even, chances were even, simply a great fight.

Eras
Midnight Mayhem
Elementalist on Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

I think now with all your leavers there is a chance we might be ahead of you overall. It’s hard to know for sure until we get a match where we can actually properly compete.
I think we’re pretty identically matched atm. This matchup has shown it.

When we pull together we have the potential to annihilate you at primetime as we showed last night… but we’re just not able to keep that up for a whole week and we can’t compete with your coverage so in return you annihilate us in those times. It’s a pretty nice balance really

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

VcY are not as big as they once were… many of them left GW2 after the ac changes. If you met 10 VcY in WvW then you were probably fighting most of their active WvW team at that time.

Don’t confuse the skill of VcY’s remaining members with numbers… if they beat you, then it was because they were better than you.

It is like RiOT… we have about 150 members in the guild but we average 20 people online at any one time and 50% of those will be pve players. At events, we will average 40+ online but once again half of those will not be in wvw. We are a PvX guild not a WvW guild… what we do have though, is very good coverage. We average 20 people online all the time regardless of time of day and we almost always have at least 5 people in wvw at all times.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

(edited by Nymph of Meliai.6739)

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

I rarely see RiOT in wvw at primetime with anything less than 15-25 people in their group.

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

VcY are not as big as they once were… many of them left GW2 after the ac changes. If you met 10 VcY in WvW then you were probably fighting most of their active WvW team at that time.

Don’t confuse the skill of VcY’s remaining members with numbers… if they beat you, then it was because they were better than you.

If this is in response to me, we were 5 and there was a fight marker present when we died, so it’s certainly more than 10. There was a few random people in the tower at the time, but the tag that swamped us was indeed VcY.

I also think “It’s not due to numbers” is a bit of a poor argument, perhaps on even numbers we would’ve still lost – but we won’t know that if we never get the situation.

Currently @ Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Yeah I agree with this.

If we had a 1v1 matchup (say GH vs RoS vs Vabbi..!) I think at primetime GH would generally lead the tick, but over an entire week we’d lose on points.

So RoS are the stronger server over an entire week, but GH have a higher ‘peak strength’.

So I guess it depends how you define strongest, but overall I’d go with weekly score being the more important measure so RoS > GH imo.

(in fact, I think our relative strength is probably shown pretty accurately by our ratings on MoS… RoS are better, but not by a lot compared to the other servers above them)

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

a group of 10 VcY 20-25 Riot and about 15 dex

We all know that’s not even close to the numbers, especially having encountered VcY on our own at Woodhaven with our 5 guys, we know you had more than 10. Numbers were pretty much equal in the initial bay push (the only one I was present at as I can’t stand zergs).

Doesn’t really matter who blobbed who, people are free to bring as many or as few as they want it’s World v World for a reason. Just somewhat silly, and pointless, to exaggerate just for boosting ones ego.

Well, Yes it was.

Are raid started 8pm CET, We had 15 members on Teamspeak, Around 9pm CET we moved up to 17 on TS. Started to drop to 10 around 10.30pm CET and when GH made there push on RoS BL around 11pm CET we were 10 VcY on Teamspeak.

Wasn’t really complaining about blobs, It was fun. Anyhow, We should be more active next week

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

You know what the most ironic thing is?
Attached is a file that gives you the average point gain per server per hour of day.

Now you can accuse us all you want off nightcapping but when most people who have to get up early log off (around 10-11 pm, maybe a bit later) Gunner’s point-gain skyrockets.
Now I can’t find the post but didn’t Anet say that they would address the issue that servers who log off later would get an unfair advantage? They didn’t say anything about servers who log on earlier.

Now I know we have the higher score currently because of our strong 24 hour coverage, I’m just saying you can wish for Anet to help you get rating but don’t complain when it comes back to bite you in the kitten .

Stay classy!

Attachments:

(edited by Ray.2640)

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Nice graph.

Good luck in your next matchups everyone

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

You know what the most ironic thing is?
Attached is a file that gives you the average point gain per server per hour of day.

Now you can accuse us all you want off nightcapping but when most people who have to get up early log off (around 10-11 pm, maybe a bit later) Gunner’s point-gain skyrockets.
Now I can’t find the post but didn’t Anet say that they would address the issue that servers who log off later would get an unfair advantage? They didn’t say anything about servers who log on earlier.

Now I know we have the higher score currently because of our strong 24 hour coverage, I’m just saying you can wish for Anet to help you get rating but don’t complain when it comes back to bite you in the kitten .

Stay classy!

So even though we lost the matchup you are whining that we played late on 1 day? Also 7am is offpeak when our tick was dire so yea lets do something about nightcapping.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

So even though we lost the matchup

That’s your observation, you won the most points so I don’t see how you lost there.

you are whining

Ohh? I guess everything is whining these days.

that we played late on 1 day?

It’s a 7 day average, your event had very little impact on this graph.

Also 7am is offpeak when our tick was dire so yea lets do something about nightcapping.

I never said otherwise, in fact I even said that we have a strong 24 hour coverage AKA night force. I also said that Arenanet in their post mentioned punishing servers who log out later, not who log in earlier.

Have a nice day.