8/30 Tarnished Coast/Maguuma/Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Careful players from SND on FA, some of your solo roamers are making y’all look trashy.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

(edited by Asudementio.8526)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Who? Not a WvW guild…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

To [NERF] and friends on Mag BL:
Its the thought that counts. While you failed to kill me, don’t let that tarnish the memory of your valiant attempt(s)!

That memory is now forever captured in video, complete with us running away! I bow down to your awesome 3v1 skillz! I really have no idea how I will ever make it through the rest of this week.

This video a joke? If anything,The mag thief clowned you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Careful players from SND on FA, some of your solo roamers are making y’all look trashy.

I like to think this guy goes up to dolyaks, punches them in the face, then complains about the lack of skill in solo roamers. Then he goes to a camp and defeats NPCs or gets zergbusted by a roaming group and fumes about zerging.

All in a day’s work.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

The FA group [PRO] running a lil squad on EB right now is doing good, thanks for the fun fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Famine.6548

Famine.6548

Ark Vs Zn 15v15 (Scrim)

http://youtu.be/h4br_NpTsP4

Thx for the fun Zn, much better than mega blobs and skill lag.

Looking good Ark. I’m excited for the challenge.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

Its the thought that counts. While you failed to kill me, don’t let that tarnish the memory of your valiant attempt(s)!

That memory is now forever captured in video, complete with us running away! I bow down to your awesome 3v1 skillz! I really have no idea how I will ever make it through the rest of this week.

Congrats! You discovered what I do with that build: waste people’s time!

My personal favorites so far are:
A) the 15 minutes a perma-stealth BS thief spent trying to kill me. Meanwhile, they captured no camps or sentries, and killed no players. They eventually just gave up and left.
B) trolling around in Mag garrison after it just got taken. It went from 1 person to eventually about 8-10 chasing me. That went on for probably 10-15 minutes too. Then I kittened up, got too close to a ranger npc and they KB’d me during my heal.

I’ve also gone AFK while dead in a keep on my mesmer, knowing whoever took it will suspect a perma-stealth is around and thus waste time and manpower looking for the non-existent thief.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SnakeMx.3784

SnakeMx.3784

Thanks for the GvG [NAGA], respect to you guys

[RET] Warrior

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

My personal favorites so far are:
A) the 15 minutes a perma-stealth BS thief spent trying to kill me. Meanwhile, they captured no camps or sentries, and killed no players. They eventually just gave up and left.
B) trolling around in Mag garrison after it just got taken. It went from 1 person to eventually about 8-10 chasing me. That went on for probably 10-15 minutes too. Then I kittened up, got too close to a ranger npc and they KB’d me during my heal.

I’ve also gone AFK while dead in a keep on my mesmer, knowing whoever took it will suspect a perma-stealth is around and thus waste time and manpower looking for the non-existent thief.

We have a full PVT thief on TC that likes to waste people’s time too, lol. Eng’s never knocked you out from SR from what I saw (didn’t watch the full vid). P/S Eng, push 4 twice when the thief goes to SR bro.

I also found it interesting that ya’ll lose a player and lol at the thief that lived >.>

Saw lots of random dodges, might want to work on using your dodge with more meaning (engs/guard).

You can just skip the guards, have and eng with toolkit run through first with a half decently timed gear shield (block block block block). Then the people behind him can just ignore them and go str8 to the camp.

I really hope this wasn’t supposed to be a highlight reel.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Chaba.5410’s video was painful to watch. All the (undeserved) LOLs in the captions certainly didn’t help.

[AoN] All or Nothing

(edited by Xirin.8593)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Nonononoooo! DS5 THEN DS4 Q.Q

Every necro video I see – people use DS4 then DS5 – do people not realize you can pop DS5 and then go into DS4 immediately – dropping a bigger bomb?

Why not use corrupt boon (or your signet) – THEN epidemic? Epidemic seems very underused in the video…

You did it right at first for the most part – but then toward the end of the video it looks a tiny bit like button mashing.

All in all though looks like tons of fun! And as a group you all did very well.

One last thing: your movement was not bad

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Yo I’d like to give a big shout out to the spy / troll that has been siege capping our keeps using up all the supply in poorly placed ballistas.

SUP “Night” STRIFE.1598!!!

proof

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

…Epidemic…

Eva gets around.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

…Epidemic…

Eva gets around.

LOL. Yeah, I guess I do. Just trying to find something that fits.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

…Epidemic…

Eva gets around.

LOL. Yeah, I guess I do. Just trying to find something that fits.

I suggest pants. Well fitting pants are awesoe.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elcron.1208

Elcron.1208

Ark Vs Zn 15v15 (Scrim)

http://youtu.be/h4br_NpTsP4

Thx for the fun Zn, much better than mega blobs and skill lag.

Oh noober what have they done to your necro :o where are the 5k death shroud bombs??? But seriously the condition build looks to be working pretty well.

El Kharnno – Elementalist – Commander
Myrmidon Elite [ME]
Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Every necro video I see – people use DS4 then DS5 – do people not realize you can pop DS5 and then go into DS4 immediately – dropping a bigger bomb?

Why not use corrupt boon (or your signet) – THEN epidemic? Epidemic seems very underused in the video…

You did it right at first for the most part – but then toward the end of the video it looks a tiny bit like button mashing.

I think most necro’s do it 4 then 5 because 5 requires you to stay in range for the snare where a 4 allows you to get out of range while still doing damage to someone.

As far as the epi’s go I was the only condi in the group and just wanted to test out the new dire set and see if I was in a condi group calling single targets if I would be able to get around into their back line as a necro.

It was just a scrim and after the EP vs AGG match I think it’s pretty obvious that focus fire is going to be a big deal from now on. I didn’t want to just hit a frontline target with corrupt and epi because being the only condi they would clear it before I casted Epi.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lilerictv.9806

Lilerictv.9806

Thanks for the GvG [AWE], it was fun

-cheers-

Unreal Aussies [uA] http://unrealaussies.com/
Join the GvG community at http://gw2gvg.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

As a co-leader and co-founder of [NERF], I have something to say….

Of late some of you from TC and MAG have sent really rude, childish, and derisive messages to some members of [NERF]. I will not call out those individuals. Not here(they have already been messaged).

These infantile, obscenity laced comments and berating outbursts are absolutely uncalled for, and undeserved.

Those of you, both in TC and MAG, who have done the above, are poor examples of your server, examples which people will judge the majority of your server. Same can be said for some FA players/guilds. (NOTICE I SAID “SOME”, and not “EVERYBODY”).

We are a guild of people who are genuinely friendly, and play to have fun. We are “Casual”, not “HARD EFFIN CORE”. We don’t play to be “leet”, or to “pwnz u lulz”. Sorry if our idea of “fun” doesn’t revolve around this concept. Our idea of WvW fun is getting on TS, occasionally griping, mostly laughing, jumping into random fights, and doing what we can to help our server, but mostly our players, score points.

We may not be an elite guild, but we are respected for our Good Nature and Cheerful Attitudes.

For those who have messaged us, individually (you know who you are), your requests for gvg, or anything else, will be ignored. Please do not contact any member of [NERF].

All in all, though, good fights all around.

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

You had to follow us, remember?

I’m baffled at how you could neuter a thief build so badly. A real troll wastes people’s time by making them run all the back up north from spawn. None of us felt that our time was wasted, especially after that nice little three-way skirmish earlier, and if that was your goal, you never achieved it.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

I think most necro’s do it 4 then 5 because 5 requires you to stay in range for the snare where a 4 allows you to get out of range while still doing damage to someone.

As far as the epi’s go I was the only condi in the group and just wanted to test out the new dire set and see if I was in a condi group calling single targets if I would be able to get around into their back line as a necro.

It was just a scrim and after the EP vs AGG match I think it’s pretty obvious that focus fire is going to be a big deal from now on. I didn’t want to just hit a frontline target with corrupt and epi because being the only condi they would clear it before I casted Epi.

Gooootcha how are you liking the new dire set?? I just snagged it myself but haven’t really tested it out yet.

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Ejiofor,
Someone is contacting you for GvG? Yea, ignore them. There’s a way to do that…

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410’s video was painful to watch. All the (undeserved) LOLs in the captions certainly didn’t help.

The captions were there to capture the gist of our comments on teamspeak. I don’t record comms. They may not help you. We found them hilarious.

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

You had to follow us, remember?

I’m baffled at how you could neuter a thief build so badly. A real troll wastes people’s time by making them run all the back up north from spawn. None of us felt that our time was wasted, especially after that nice little three-way skirmish earlier, and if that was your goal, you never achieved it.

NERF ♥ I miss you guys. Your 10 man would hold SE camp against zergs for hoooours back when I was on FA. And you were super fun to talk to. Don’t troll them!! </3

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

As a co-leader and co-founder of [NERF]… We may not be an elite guild, but we are respected for our Good Nature and Cheerful Attitudes.

Salute to [NERF], and not just cuz I always loved playing with those balls.

Continue looking at the moon and not the finger!

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

You can just skip the guards, have and eng with toolkit run through first with a half decently timed gear shield (block block block block). Then the people behind him can just ignore them and go str8 to the camp.

Element of surprise was gone. That’s a much better choke point to fight from than inside the camp if there were reinforcements so we cleared guards, especially for people who are not playing PPT. My mistake there was assuming reinforcements were still coming after we killed the two TC guys. Sad that we didn’t get a bigger fight out of that.

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

NERF ♥ I miss you guys. Your 10 man would hold SE camp against zergs for hoooours back when I was on FA. And you were super fun to talk to. Don’t troll them!! </3

TBH, I like that someone notices us enough to go post on the match-up thread about their super-tanky-wet-noodle thief build. We must have gotten under their skin to earn that post. Back then, when Dakk and Arga sieged up that camp, no one on the other side seemed to notice. Not even the impossible arrow cart on the roof of the building… That took tricks and talent to build yet went unappreciated.

Come back to FA, you gypsy.

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

TBH, I like that someone notices us enough to go post on the match-up thread about their super-tanky-wet-noodle thief build. We must have gotten under their skin to earn that post. Back then, when Dakk and Arga sieged up that camp, no one on the other side seemed to notice. Not even the impossible arrow cart on the roof of the building… That took tricks and talent to build yet went unappreciated.

Only if I can join NERF on my necro. :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Why are people running stack weapons in GvG’s?…… Scrubs

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Fight me bro

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xabu.3754

Xabu.3754

Stack sigils should be removed from the game completely, imho.

Sent with love from the lush Maguuma jungle.

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Isn’t it like an unwritten rule that you’re not supposed to do that?

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Pretty much, but personally i have never been bothered by the notion cause i consider it along the lines of food and oil/stone/crystal. I often encourage ppl pick up a cheap weapon to throw a major stack sigil on to buff up their stats as we do things that don’t involve combat with the enemy. The hatred towards them has been growing though and not many are willing to put up with the trouble. /shrug

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Pretty much, but personally i have never been bothered by the notion cause i consider it along the lines of food and oil/stone/crystal. I often encourage ppl pick up a cheap weapon to throw a major stack sigil on to buff up their stats as we do things that don’t involve combat with the enemy. The hatred towards them has been growing though and not many are willing to put up with the trouble. /shrug

What does that have to do with GvG? o_o You’re not supposed to do it in GvG because it’s supposed to be about equal footing and stack sigils create a small snowball effect over time. Though it also makes me sad that they plan to make it so if you remove a stack sigil weapon, you lose all of your stacks.

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

What does that have to do with GvG? o_o You’re not supposed to do it in GvG because it’s supposed to be about equal footing and stack sigils create a small snowball effect over time. Though it also makes me sad that they plan to make it so if you remove a stack sigil weapon, you lose all of your stacks.

Nnnnoooooooooooo…. -.- ::epic sadface::

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Fight me bro

Me? I went to TCBL south of the windmill last night when I got on and it was a ghost town. Did fight club get moved or something or did people just get too bored of it quickly?

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Fight me bro

Me? I went to TCBL south of the windmill last night when I got on and it was a ghost town. Did fight club get moved or something or did people just get too bored of it quickly?

I dunno, I’ve been SAB PvE moding since Tuesday. It was just a joke. Actually it wasn’t. No Evalana for you!

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

What does that have to do with GvG?

Right, so, unwritten rules about an arbitrary aspect of the game with unspoken house rules to boot.

You have broken the first rule of Fight Club. With a club. And then you broke the club, with the fighting.

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

What does that have to do with GvG?

Right, so, unwritten rules about an arbitrary aspect of the game with unspoken house rules to boot.

You have broken the first rule of Fight Club. With a club. And then you broke the club, with the fighting.

Bro. GvG isn’t a “club”. It’s a scene.

in Match-ups

Chaba.5410

Ah yes… SAB…

Evalana does as she pleases. With MOS live score updates, I sort of miss her score posts hehehe.

Chaba Tangnu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rendyk.2439

Rendyk.2439

Thanks for the GvG [AWE], it was fun

-cheers-

Much thanks [uA] for the intense fights.

/salute

Rendyk Elessar / Eliza Stormheart / Artfas Stormheart / Jessica Yun
Tarnished Coast
Presence [Awe]

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Oh, i was relating this to GvG because it is a preparation, and i consider preparations such as crystals, sigils, food, etc. fair game- but my sentiment is not shared with many and you depend on consensus for GvGs.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

To that handful of HOPE, ACE, and other tags I can’t remember from FA that had fun with the four of us running around Briar and Ruins on Mag BL, thanks for the fun fights. <3

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

(edited by Oolune.4357)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

Element of surprise was gone. That’s a much better choke point to fight from than inside the camp if there were reinforcements so we cleared guards, especially for people who are not playing PPT. My mistake there was assuming reinforcements were still coming after we killed the two TC guys. Sad that we didn’t get a bigger fight out of that.

What you saw is what we had, sans about 2 AFKers.

As for the build: 0/0/30/25/15, sometimes 0/0/30/30/10. My attack rating is lower than my armor rating.

As for the original post: boredom. Besides, the thread was stalling and getting stale.

Regardless, I congratulate you on figuring out I do no damage with that build in under 5 minutes. Most people take twice as long before they figure it out.

Sorry to hear your guild is being harassed textually. (Textually is a word? wtf)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Oh, i was relating this to GvG because it is a preparation, and i consider preparations such as crystals, sigils, food, etc. fair game- but my sentiment is not shared with many and you depend on consensus for GvGs.

You don’t lose food, sigils, etc… on death. Stacks, though, you lose. That’s why they’re not allowed.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

To clear the air on sigil stacks, both teams had them, and we cleared each others every match, yep … every match. Really it was only about 2-3 from each side who had them. End of fight they would walk over to get downed and rez’d.

Personally I’m still old school with fire and the gw2 version of vampiric but whatever. Someone who got 2-10 stacks in a gvg (10 would be impressive) but had little impact on it. Both teams likely had fill-ins.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

Great fights doing some 2 and 3 skirmishes with some PYRO at the altar of north camp!

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

Ah yes… SAB…

Evalana does as she pleases. With MOS live score updates, I sort of miss her score posts hehehe.

I miss my score posts too But they are pointless now…

And yes, I definitely do as I please!

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

PSA The dolyak parade will be at 7 PM ST!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

What is this parade all about?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB