8/9 FA/CD/SOS

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

This pretty much sums up my experience solo roaming this weekend. Maybe next week…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFKgiMwwcC0

If you want 1vs1’s go behind the windmill or go to spvp solo queue.

This is WvW, most players are specced for group play.

Your necro hits like a wet noodle. So does mine, but yah…lol

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

This pretty much sums up my experience solo roaming this weekend. Maybe next week…

Or practice till u can 2v1 and roam.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moh Jay.7240

Moh Jay.7240

Bored again and this thread is looking dead soooooooooooo… How about that new Breaking Bad episode?

Bored? Maybe if you guys didn’t roll out in such big zergs vs 10 people or havok groups we’d have more on our maps.

The really sad thing is that even though we have virtually no presence on the maps CD is gaining points on the MOS site.

You’re not the only one who hates the blob, in fact, that’s what is making me slowly get bored of WvW. The blob makes servers not even want to try which in turn makes roaming boring as hell because it’s a wasteland.

Fort Aspenwood – Worst guardian in Guild Wars
Unreal Aussies [uA]
Embrace the Enemy [Corp]

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Malpractice.7850

Bored again and this thread is looking dead soooooooooooo… How about that new Breaking Bad episode?

Bored? Maybe if you guys didn’t roll out in such big zergs vs 10 people or havok groups we’d have more on our maps.

The really sad thing is that even though we have virtually no presence on the maps CD is gaining points on the MOS site.

You’re not the only one who hates the blob, in fact, that’s what is making me slowly get bored of WvW. The blob makes servers not even want to try which in turn makes roaming boring as hell because it’s a wasteland.

What if they implemented a 1% slow for every ally person near you (range 5000?) over 20? Seems like a decent way to split up zergs, while allowing them to rally up for attacking objectives in large numbers.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Yes solo duels behind windmill please, i never have my chatlog open, im in a group all on vent, i aint typing kitten. I always have my combat log open so telling me to ‘stop because you’re duleing’ in chat/tells/map/team is pointless.

But you’re just asking to be interrupted if you are dueling at ruins really.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I had a pretty good time last night on EB. Outmanned about 3 to 1 by FA right in front of our spawn.

Push through their zerg, try to hit the siege they set up, turn around and try to get back before they kill you. Usually I made it, sometimes I didn’t. But hey, no repair fees so who cares?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I gotta take my hat off to SOS yesterday for pulling that pug out of stack before the gvg match started and melting his face. I’m sure you could tell by all the /cheer + /laugh that it was appreciated. Our channel was busting a gut over how quickly it happened.

He calmly sat on the sidelines after that.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

K, I’ll just keep killing all your yaks whenever I’m on since your players are unable to defend them. Enjoy.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: watch out or bleed.3068

watch out or bleed.3068

I gotta take my hat off to SOS yesterday for pulling that pug out of stack before the gvg match started and melting his face. I’m sure you could tell by all the /cheer + /laugh that it was appreciated. Our channel was busting a gut over how quickly it happened.

He calmly sat on the sidelines after that.

Yea someone had mentioned in TS that their was an under leveled trying to stack on you guys. I had not even seen him. We are big on respectable GvGs.We were hopping that you would not think we were trying to hit you guys. Was some good fights. Was fun watching.

Twitch.tv/cooleoben
KGG Community Leader
Academy Gaming

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

K, I’ll just keep killing all your yaks whenever I’m on since your players are unable to defend them. Enjoy.

I think I’m fine with that, I don’t think I’m too concerned with out yaks during this matchup.

Feel free to run into any of our roaming groups, like HL or RED and see if you can match up. Or track down Florg or Kiroshi and see if you can condi kill some pro engineers…they are always roaming…

I’ll await a video. :P

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Ill have a video up in a couple hours of the gvg. Not my finest play since I was bagged, but at least you guys can see it. One of the first two fights was not counted due to interference.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Waffler.1257

I think I’m fine with that, I don’t think I’m too concerned with out yaks during this matchup.

I’m sure you aren’t, but it seems odd to me that someone would run around doing nothing but speed buffing yaks and not care whether they actually make it to their keeps alive. Everyone has different ideas of fun though ;p

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

I’m sure you aren’t, but it seems odd to me that someone would run around doing nothing but speed buffing yaks and not care whether they actually make it to their keeps alive. Everyone has different ideas of fun though ;p

I have no idea what that RAM guy was doing, but I can only guess he was trying to make it to his group and then had to turn around due to a command from his guild leader(ie. they were wping etc, or meeting at bay).

Not sure why you posted that video anyways, If I posted every video of me chasing someone in WvW, we’d be here for days…and I don’t even roam that much lol.

In WvW, the vast majority of players are trying to get from one place to the next. Its a team game.

On the flip side, if you can’t find what you want from us on FA(although im sure HL would love to meet you in the field lol), feel free to track down BLNT on SoS…they roam also.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Nox, it’s easier to complain about an entire server based on a single event. Give Waffle a break, maybe he only gets out once a week for 15 minutes and that’s what he had to deal with.

Don’t worry waffle, we’ll find people to fight you! Maybe practice hitting moving targets with wells while we put the word out.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

Nox, it’s easier to complain about an entire server based on a single event. Give Waffle a break, maybe he only gets out once a week for 15 minutes and that’s what he had to deal with.

Don’t worry waffle, we’ll find people to fight you! Maybe practice hitting moving targets with wells while we put the word out.

I know I know…

So many players uncommitted to WvW on these servers(except AGG when they aren’t changing BL’s after failing).

I remember when CD and SoS used to have more people…

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Waffler.1257

Not sure why you posted that video anyways, If I posted every video of me chasing someone in WvW, we’d be here for days…

That’s why I only posted one vid

Don’t worry about me! A new strategy is already in the works to get FA to stop running and try to fight for once. I’ll let you know how it goes

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

when SoS does it, it’s “scouting”
when FA does it, it’s “tactics”

continue whining

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Not sure why you posted that video anyways, If I posted every video of me chasing someone in WvW, we’d be here for days…

That’s why I only posted one vid

Don’t worry about me! A new strategy is already in the works to get FA to stop running and try to fight for once. I’ll let you know how it goes

LOL, for some reason this video came to mind.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

i laughed harder then i should have at that

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

[SIC] vs [TDS]

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Hopefully this link works. It not available on mobile phones yet, so I’ll have to fix that.

Same vid as above…quick edit your post!!!

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I think CD has a lot more potential than they let on. You have a great NA presence (this is the first Friday where you haven’t hit like a tank (what happened?)) and pretty respectable SEA.

FA seems to benefit from having a few good WvW committed guilds that are large enough to get kinda zergy (after playing DB and TC so much, I won’t insult anyone by calling them full zergs).

I was more impressed with them in the past for their coordination and great scouting. After our first matchup (in forever), we have been trying to drill proper scouting with our folks, and it’s starting to payoff.

I’m glad to see that things are going a bit closer after a rough Friday and Saturday and that we are going to have a better match going forward.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Fixed

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Waffler.1257

[SIC] vs [TDS]

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=i8_Ljdk2-gQ

And I found this little number as well
http://youtu.be/32fmBIwhGME

Yep, I forgot to record the first 2 but those are the last 5 matches.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

What GvGs are happening in this matchup?

P.S. Nice fights [SIC] & [TDS]

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

(edited by Gellor.6497)

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Everglow.2185

Everglow.2185

Feel free to run into any of our roaming groups, like HL or RED and see if you can match up. Or track down Florg or Kiroshi and see if you can condi kill some pro engineers…they are always roaming…

We would love to fight another havoc group! So far haven’t managed to find any that I’ve noticed. They might all be on FA bl though since we tend to avoid home bl. There’s been plenty of good fights, but I’ve seen a lot of map zergs from both CD and SoS. Nothing against that, SoS secured their home bl heading into NA hours yesterday because they were running a large group that we couldn’t match at the time. But if you want so good small scale fights we’re out there – just come looking for us.

I’ve also been trying out a new mesmer build (haven’t played mesmer since the glamour/confusion nerf) and loving it! Only lost one 1v1 vs a necro early on, after that was winning 1v3 1v4 although a necro in the group is still a really difficult fight.. I also remember chasing a thief off our yaks coming to Hill yesterday when I was passing through the area. Never even tried to fight, just ran. Silly thief. Moral of the story, don’t care about yaks, just want to fight. Anyone yakslapping isn’t going to give me a (good) fight.

The Havok Legion [HL]
#magswag

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

[SIC] has 5 matches this week. (Obviously these servers like the gvg scene, unlike our last tier 1 opponents)

TDS, AGG, vH, BANE, FATE

Not sure who else on FA is doing gvgs this week.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Waffler.1257

We would love to fight another havoc group! So far haven’t managed to find any that I’ve noticed. They might all be on FA bl though since we tend to avoid home bl. There’s been plenty of good fights, but I’ve seen a lot of map zergs from both CD and SoS. Nothing against that, SoS secured their home bl heading into NA hours yesterday because they were running a large group that we couldn’t match at the time. But if you want so good small scale fights we’re out there – just come looking for us.

I’ve also been trying out a new mesmer build (haven’t played mesmer since the glamour/confusion nerf) and loving it! Only lost one 1v1 vs a necro early on, after that was winning 1v3 1v4 although a necro in the group is still a really difficult fight.. I also remember chasing a thief off our yaks coming to Hill yesterday when I was passing through the area. Never even tried to fight, just ran. Silly thief. Moral of the story, don’t care about yaks, just want to fight. Anyone yakslapping isn’t going to give me a (good) fight.

In this match it might be good to roam in your home BL because I will (and I assume other roamers) be avoiding CDBL like the plague since there are FA zergs there 24/7. I’m not part of a havok group, usually just run around by myself but I engage anything up to 3 players, sometimes more if I’m in a good mood.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Good Fights this weekend. Had some fun fighting some larger groups, good fun.
Still looking for some more smaller groups to fight tho, HL normally will be roaming in CD or SoS bl depending on which has less FA owned stuff on it at the time we start with around 4-7 members. GLHF to anyone we meet out there.
Until then, heres some footage from this weekend.

Quick note: HL wouldn’t mind some Small scale GvG’s this week, we normally field around 8 tops if anyones willing to do a gvg scaled down to 8v8 or lower depending on who we have on.
Don’t have a lot of experience with GvG’s, but would love to get some practice against other groups out there.

(edited by Blades Of Fatalis.1279)

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

[SIC] has 5 matches this week. (Obviously these servers like the gvg scene, unlike our last tier 1 opponents)

TDS, AGG, vH, BANE, FATE

Not sure who else on FA is doing gvgs this week.

Awesome, looking forward to watching these. GL everyone

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

This is the problem when you pit together different servers without some form of control over the population. CD are correctly positioned where we are right now, above the likes of Ebay/SBI/YB but below Mag/SOS. But that is just looking at things simple. The truth is, there is a big gap between CD and SOS/Mag in terms of wvw participation, like there is one between SOS/Mag and FA/TC/DB. The gap between CD and the servers below are smaller, hence the tighter scores, but overall, we are just about right where our strength puts us, which is neither here nor there.

we’re in tier 3.5

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

Still looking for some more smaller groups to fight tho, HL normally will be roaming in CD or SoS bl depending on which has less FA owned stuff on it at the time we start with around 4-7 members. GLHF to anyone we meet out there.

Quick note: HL wouldn’t mind some Small scale GvG’s this week, we normally field around 8 tops if anyones willing to do a gvg scaled down to 8v8 or lower depending on who we have on.
Don’t have a lot of experience with GvG’s, but would love to get some practice against other groups out there.

We typically don’t roam our own borderland, but we’ll be looking for you from now on. We typically field 1 – 7 or so ourselves. We’re [FKVA] on Crystal Desert.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Blades Of Fatalis.1279

Sounds good, perhaps we can both roam SoS bl tonight if it looks good. IF you wish to contact me ingame around when your starting to wvw ill see if I can get a team in there to roam the same map. GL out there.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

JakobGW.5730

Sounds good, perhaps we can both roam SoS bl tonight if it looks good. IF you wish to contact me ingame around when your starting to wvw ill see if I can get a team in there to roam the same map. GL out there.

Sounds perfect. I’ll send a whisper.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Some okay skirmishes around SOSBL. nothing too great. Decent manners from some CD groups, seemed like they would be OK to gang up on you, but accept a fight where they were down a guy. We have some 2v2s going but one of their dumb thief friends kept messing it up for them. That’s the only time I’ll run back to a tower during roaming.

I kept having to go AFK during some troll events at north camp, sorry. Did have fun with one of my friends from Fang though. I feel like I play Taps on the flute very well, though I guess some people don’t appreciate art

is there a specific BL people are going for anything?

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

[SIC] vs [TDS] from my POV

Enjoy. Thanks for the fights again TDS.

Can’t wait to fight [AGG]/[vH]/[BANE] & [FATE] this week!

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

PPSsst. Koroshi may have transferred to CD last week, given some of his latest videos. If it was because of the JQ mega-zergs we faced, can’t say I blame him.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Malpractice.7850

Had a lot of great fights vs FA in EB roaming tonight
Esp a mesmer from VK or something?

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexxed.8023

Hexxed.8023

Come on FA! Stop running back to your towers when you outnumber us 4 to 1.

Attachments:

We Play In The [Nude] | Châmpion Wulfa/Gogo | JQ | http://nude.guildlaunch.com

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I still think CD has the potential to beat and become better than SoS, but that’s just me.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Awesome video. The performance at north camp was especially impressive.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

etrigan.4213

Uhh both you and Bane out numbered us 3 to 1.

We came out to play when it was just Bane. They ran back to spawn.

Didn’t see you guys alone until you went to bay…and by that time a lot of us were logging off.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ko killer.3692

ko killer.3692

Uhh both you and Bane out numbered us 3 to 1.

We came out to play when it was just Bane. They ran back to spawn.

Didn’t see you guys alone until you went to bay…and by that time a lot of us were logging off.

Thank you for letting me know my lads ran from a fight. I’ll be sure to go off on guild chat to them for running away from fights. See ya on the field

Jade Quarry- Fang

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

JakobGW.5730

Maybe it’s just because we’re fighting T1 and T2 servers more and more, but I’m seeing two pretty big trends these days when it comes to smaller groups and/or havoc groups. First, T1 and T2 servers seem to now classify havoc/small man as 10+. Seven or so may be guildies running together but there is always a few pugs leeching as well. T3 and below typically consider a single group to be small man/havoc. We consider 10 to be a mini zerg, especially since you can place two superior rams on a door and 10 folks is plenty to take an objective without being all ninja-like.

Second, most single groups nowadays consist of primarily the same make-up everytime: 2 guardians and/or 2 warriors with the remaining being Necros/Elementalists. Your picture is a perfect example of this. A Mesmer may be thrown in the mix on occasion but only for veil or mass invisibility.

I guess folks really can’t complain these days when we only see thieves and BM rangers roaming solo since they don’t really have a place in the meta mix. Most Engineers will get left out since Necos/Elementalists do a better job with AoE’s, and Guardians/Warriors can stay alive much longer. And let’s face it, the Engineer is a hard class to play, with the others being much easier to accomplish the same things that an Engineer can.

It kind of sucks for players who aren’t interested in the meta classes as they will get tired of always fighting the same thing. It would be nice if things got changed up a bit.

Just my opinion.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

JakobGW.5730

I still think CD has the potential to beat and become better than SoS, but that’s just me.

Can’t compete with their oceanic/sea. Even today, they were ticking at +510 during early morning NA time.

Toe to toe, we can compete with SoS very well. It’s the coverage that kills us.

That is, of course, if you care about winning/losing in the first place.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Thank you for letting me know my lads ran from a fight. I’ll be sure to go off on guild chat to them for running away from fights. See ya on the field

NO not again. I still have PTSD from the last time. We simply forgot that we should take our numbers and multiply by 3 to get the numbers that the enemy thinks we have. It won’t happen again sir I swear.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Maybe it’s just because we’re fighting T1 and T2 servers more and more, but I’m seeing two pretty big trends these days when it comes to smaller groups and/or havoc groups. First, T1 and T2 servers seem to now classify havoc/small man as 10+. Seven or so may be guildies running together but there is always a few pugs leeching as well. T3 and below typically consider a single group to be small man/havoc. We consider 10 to be a mini zerg, especially since you can place two superior rams on a door and 10 folks is plenty to take an objective without being all ninja-like.

Second, most single groups nowadays consist of primarily the same make-up everytime: 2 guardians and/or 2 warriors with the remaining being Necros/Elementalists. Your picture is a perfect example of this. A Mesmer may be thrown in the mix on occasion but only for veil or mass invisibility.

I guess folks really can’t complain these days when we only see thieves and BM rangers roaming solo since they don’t really have a place in the meta mix. Most Engineers will get left out since Necos/Elementalists do a better job with AoE’s, and Guardians/Warriors can stay alive much longer. And let’s face it, the Engineer is a hard class to play, with the others being much easier to accomplish the same things that an Engineer can.

It kind of sucks for players who aren’t interested in the meta classes as they will get tired of always fighting the same thing. It would be nice if things got changed up a bit.

Just my opinion.

Engineer players are op.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I think all of Tier 3 (including ourselves in SoS) are all overachievers. All three servers have a decent non-NA prime presence (CD has been putting up good early morning numbers), but we match up pretty evenly with the T4 folks in NA primetime. I do think the average T3 player is better equipped for WvW (YB and BP were pretty squishy when we saw them) and more experienced.

I’m actually a little surprised that CD did not do better against Maguuma in their last matchup. Without a doubt, our match with them probably should have been closer than it was (SoS Friday-Saturday coverage demoralized them on Saturday) but at the end of both of our last matchups with no T2 involved, SoS held exactly the same point lead over Maguuma that it did over CD.

I think CD is in a lot better position than anyone on CD believes LOL.

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

Hi guys, we are hosting a 3v3 tournament this Saturday and Sunday (August 17-18) which is open to all participants. It is a 3v3 deathmatch-style bracket tournament in a spvp custom arena. It is hosted during NA prime time but open to all.

Prizes are as follows:
1st: 40 gold
2nd: 25 gold
3rd: 15 gold

The event will be streamed on twitch with giveaways for the viewers. There will participants from all servers so don’t miss your chance to prove your guild/team is the best in guild wars 2! We will also have a consolation bracket so if you get knocked out early you still have a chance to battle your way back in.

Click here for more information: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/events/BT-3v3-Deathmatch-Tournament-Aug-17-18/first#post2581122

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

8/9 FA/CD/SOS

in Match-ups

Waffler.1257

Woah, woah, woah. One Chris per match-up is all I can handle.