Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

8/9: TC/Mag/DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Also…. classy.

Wow, this time they climbed away from you? Did it help?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

Some roaming this week. I like how in the last fight a pro [Yumm] guy doesn’t even engage and just revives people, then runs off without doing anything else.

Why ya gotta pour mayonnaise all over ma boy Oz with some pillowfighting mermaids vid? That’s what that metrosexual-backyard-“dubsteppin”-bowel care is for….

Stick with your kind pls….k thx

We can’t bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell ‘em stories that don’t go anywhere – like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you’d say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones…

Finally….a wall of text worth reading

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

We just wanted to play we had 3 up there and you brought 30 again either way guess taking out 15 of you even though you’re invuln isn’t to bad!! 3v30 FTW!

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Another good gvg tonight. GGs TSL!

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

What I learn this week:

For the 2nd time in a row in 1 month, TC and Mag are working together (many times, TC and Mag were found together in the same buildings just waiting). While I will not be there to witness the gore feast, we are not stupid and every server know what is coming up.

This coming friday, TC will make sure DB is dead last by, as usual, not attacking Mag BL. And Mag will do the same. Mag will coordinate all their efforts on Friday to wipe all DB structures and, both servers will camp on the res waypoint of DB. Mark my words. It will happen again.
But you know what? Even if you wipe DB wvw to nothing, the rank of all the servers may not even change again. So… here is my take: WHATEVER!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naytron.7831

Naytron.7831

Thank you Kwisatz Haderach [KH] for the GvG tonight. Your frontline is pretty solid, keep it up! You guys should set up more GvGs with other guilds. We’ll be looking forward to watching you guys or perhaps a rematch someday.

Nate
[NS] – Jade Quarry
Night Shift Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

What I learn this week:

For the 2nd time in a row in 1 month, TC and Mag are working together (many times, TC and Mag were found together in the same buildings just waiting). While I will not be there to witness the gore feast, we are not stupid and every server know what is coming up.

This coming friday, TC will make sure DB is dead last by, as usual, not attacking Mag BL. And Mag will do the same. Mag will coordinate all their efforts on Friday to wipe all DB structures and, both servers will camp on the res waypoint of DB. Mark my words. It will happen again.
But you know what? Even if you wipe DB wvw to nothing, the rank of all the servers may not even change again. So… here is my take: WHATEVER!

Make it so #1

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

NS vs KH. Whats the score?

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neophyte.4985

Neophyte.4985

Um creepy conspiracy theory aside at the rate DB is going if they don’t start fighting back FA is going to pass them...

The Shining Force [TSF] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

What I learn this week:

It couldn’t be the obvious answer, that Mag/TC have a stronger timeslot than DB. We took every waypoint TC had off the map today while DB did their normal huddle in a corner and wonder why SEA isn’t carrying them approach. Strange teamwork we have.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Also…. classy.

That’s inside our spawn.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

We didn’t get a GvG tonight but still lots of loot bags, so much for that TC/Mag working together thing. Really good fights though, TSL and FIRE just kept coming back over and over.

http://youtu.be/UOqtNAmb1fM

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: skiazo.4759

skiazo.4759

Thanks for the gvg tonight [PYRO] we had a good time and learned quite a bit. You all move really well.

Armoury Guild leader Zero Negative [ZN]
www.zn-gaming.com

in Match-ups

ParaldaWind.4523

First person warrior PoV of our GvG with ZN is up here:

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Thank you Kwisatz Haderach [KH] for the GvG tonight. Your frontline is pretty solid, keep it up! You guys should set up more GvGs with other guilds. We’ll be looking forward to watching you guys or perhaps a rematch someday.

Fun fights. NS coordination was fantastic, very impressed – your backline gankers gave us fits!

Thanks, looking forward to catching you guys on the battlefield the rest of the week!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Also…. classy.

That’s inside our spawn.

You chased them inside our spawn? Good job, Pyro!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

We didn’t get a GvG tonight but still lots of loot bags, so much for that TC/Mag working together thing. Really good fights though, TSL and FIRE just kept coming back over and over.

http://youtu.be/UOqtNAmb1fM

Combat Merchant Spotted

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

We’re ready to destroy the golems TC, bring ’Em out… Sincerely Mag BL

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in Match-ups

ParaldaWind.4523

[PYRO] had two good GvGs today. One 15 vs 15 against [ZN] and a 10 vs 10 against [TSL]. Here’s a compilation of videos:

ZN – 15v15 – Warrior PoV
ZN – 15v15 – Spectator PoV - Spectator PoV 2
TSL – 10v10 – Spectator PoV
TSL – 10v10 – Spectator PoV

Scores:
PYRO 3 – 0 ZN
PYRO 3 – 0 TSL

Good fights, all! We had a lot of fun.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

The start of the ‘RP walk for Peace’ around stomemist.

Shame on you lot who ruined it.

Attachments:

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

EP still looking for GvG’s this week, open to any challengers. Pref 15v15- but 20 can be managed with notice

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in Match-ups

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

I’m beginning to appreciate the random matchups despite the terrible dice rolls, mainly cause its presented the opportunity to fight new guilds I never knew existed before such as TSL, YUM, and RATS (JQ) etc.. What i actually do is sneak into one of our servers guild raids and try to blend in:P its been a somewhat enjoyable experience. Overall all these guilds are so talented and organized. However it seems like all or at least most the guild fights I’m involved in utilizes the hammer train style: stability, earthshakers you know that whole deal, so I was curious are there any guilds that uses a completely different open field tactic? I would love to watch some videos on them if they are available:)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

look up DARP (with an E instead of A) videos

Maguuma [PYRO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

This is why we need a GvG system in place alreadyyyyy.

Also, at that video, did I see a [Scnd] tag? Is that Second Law from EU or a different guild? Or am I blind?

Just curious~

It’s not Second Law. Guild named Second Alt using the same tag.

That is Rekka from Scnd on his alt account I’m pretty sure.

hey! Rekka here, it actually is Second Law. i was using Second Alt for giggles on my (you guessed it), second account. you should see me running around with a real Second Law tag now. ;P

i still like to roam in NA as it’s kind of dead in EU during NA prime, so you’ll probably see me running around on a warrior or ele.

i also love to spectate any GvG i can, so seeing me at one would be pretty common! feel free to shoot me a mail or whisper ingame ( Darius Glazkov.9750 / xio.3798 ) with any you might have scheduled as i know some don’t make it on the site due to wrong date/time, no maps, etc. sometimes i record them – who knows where the footage may end up someday!

Yeah, I hear he is pretty cute.

ummmm!!!!! i’m flattered!!

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

(edited by Darius Glazkov.9750)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

We’re ready to destroy the golems TC, bring ’Em out… Sincerely Mag BL

What’s that?

Sincerely, TC

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

I’m beginning to appreciate the random matchups despite the terrible dice rolls, mainly cause its presented the opportunity to fight new guilds I never knew existed before such as TSL, YUM, and RATS (JQ) etc.. What i actually do is sneak into one of our servers guild raids and try to blend in:P its been a somewhat enjoyable experience. Overall all these guilds are so talented and organized. However it seems like all or at least most the guild fights I’m involved in utilizes the hammer train style: stability, earthshakers you know that whole deal, so I was curious are there any guilds that uses a completely different open field tactic? I would love to watch some videos on them if they are available:)

Click link in Sig, the last couple nights I think we’ve run with 1 war and 2/3 guards.

[Ark]Noober

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

. However it seems like all or at least most the guild fights I’m involved in utilizes the hammer train style: stability, earthshakers you know that whole deal

can’t teach sheep to shepherd…..they all too worried about being laughed at to be innovative

in Match-ups

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

I swear last night commanding on DB, there was so few people on i couldnt almost anything but try our best at defensive strategies which only worked so well vs monster zergs. At one point we got sandwiched between mag and tc… i was like, yep, were dead. Seriously though, are people that play so oblivious to doing keep and tower defense that they just run off and leave them completely undefended? I spent an hour last night re sieging up half our area and keep after getting hammered by tc.

Also… has DB lost people? I feel as though we are far weaker during the EST times lately.

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snakesteeth.5043

Snakesteeth.5043

wow.. who the guy from tc [xGx] keeps running around every wher in an omega golem.. seen the guy on like all maps lmao

in Match-ups

FirstInfantry.2795

Thanks Kerona, xperfectionx, and efface 4 the replies, yes i just spend past hour watching kitten gvg especially the last one against RE was the best cause it had the voice to explain what they were doing instead of watching blobs going at it and trying to guess whats happening.
Also for the guy claiming mag working with tc your just wrong its not even worth trying to prove it to you. I do not see how it benefits us to work with TC and since when do alliances even work? If anything I’m surprised dragonbrand’s performance this week, I have not seen NNK or uhm OMEN at all this week:S Then again I guess its cause your held up defending against tc

in Match-ups

FirstInfantry.2795

y does it change the tag of dull egotistical raiding party (D*RP) to kitten:S

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Our name is like forbidden fruit.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

I swear last night commanding on DB, there was so few people on i couldnt almost anything but try our best at defensive strategies which only worked so well vs monster zergs. At one point we got sandwiched between mag and tc… i was like, yep, were dead. Seriously though, are people that play so oblivious to doing keep and tower defense that they just run off and leave them completely undefended? I spent an hour last night re sieging up half our area and keep after getting hammered by tc.

Also… has DB lost people? I feel as though we are far weaker during the EST times lately.

Probably a combination of fairweathering and new PVE content, alot of WvW’ers are trying out the super rewarding PVE content and it doesn’t help when you’re facing an uphill battle. But honestly if you guys lose to maguuma this week it would not be very good seeing as how much you guys smashed us last week and we were able to beat maguuma.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Our name is like forbidden fruit.

WAHOONI!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Uh oh, the wheels are coming off over on DB

Best of luck all! Get em Mag, it’s your time for payback!!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

My pretty sure 70% of DB NA guilds don’t play for PPT and we are not in t3 so our fairweathers are not out. Just last week we had a queue on every map all night, now we are outmanned in every map but one haha.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

What happens when 4 VR run into 3 AoN fighting DB? You get dead dragonbads.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

It’s called fair weathers and PvE, last week we had queued maps every night

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ultra Hades.4691

Ultra Hades.4691

To be fair even TC is not showing up as much as could be expected. I hope it’s just because of the crown pavillion/farm :x

[WL] Kin Bear

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

It’s been a fun morning solo roaming in TC BL this morning. I’ve seen more TC solo roamers today than I’ve seen all week! A few of them even stayed to fight after getting below 50% health!

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

To be fair even TC is not showing up as much as could be expected. I hope it’s just because of the crown pavillion/farm :x

I know why I’m not in there, and it has nothing to do with the pavilion, it’s because when we hold everything and are beating the crap out of everyone, they dont show up, and that gets boring real fast. I try and try to tell the commanders to back off and let the other servers cap and hold for awhile but they dont listen and next thing you know DB and MAG arent on the map and everyone else is leaving cause there is no one to fight.

You all need to learn how to share, this isn’t all about winning, if we beat the hell out of these 2 we will probably be up against BG, SoR, or JQ or some mix of those 3, I doubt we will have it this easy next week. So, I am done for the week since everyone just wants to beat on these 2 and I’ll see you all on reset.

GL DB and MAG, enjoy the rest of your week, and GL next week.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

You all need to learn how to share, this isn’t all about winning, if we beat the hell out of these 2 we will probably be up against BG, SoR, or JQ or some mix of those 3, I doubt we will have it this easy next week.

This might be odd, coming from me, being finger and moon and stop sweating the details and all.

I strongly disagree. It IS all about winning. You SHOULD go into your matchup every week and you SHOULD try to blow the other two servers out of the Mists. It SHOULD not matter who you’re against.

The reality is yeah, you get fairweathers, and some of the matchups just get bloody dull or old fast. It is what it is. We can only do the best we can with it. So what if we draw a T1 trip next week? We go. We play. Win or lose, it happens, and we all move on to the next matchup.

That just IS. You play, or you don’t. Everyone SHOULD try to constantly improve, individually and as servers. If a server lets its morale be broken in a matchup, that’s not my server’s problem. The only real reason to back off a server is if it’s somehow more beneficial to your efforts against the third. The only other reason I can think of is that the commander you’re following tells you to back off, so you back off.

You should play and have fun. But you should play hard. I expect everyone else to. Ego and emotion happen, but there’s no mastery traits to spend points on to improve dealing with that.

That out of my system, I’m going back to “think of the dolyaks…”

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Naytron.7831

NS vs KH. Whats the score?

[NS] 5 – 0 [KH]

Here’s the video from last night’s GvG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mITi0qMTrs

I apologize 4 rounds were in spectator’s view and only 1 round in POV. Somehow only one of my friends managed to record therefore he’s the one who ended up making the vid for all the rounds. Once again, good fights [KH] and thank you for the GvG. Please enjoy the video~

Regards from Night Shift [NS] crew!

Nate
[NS] – Jade Quarry
Night Shift Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

It’ll be awesome to see NS vs TW. NS could get into the top three guilds when they win that encounter.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Naytron.7831

It’ll be awesome to see NS vs TW. NS could get into the top three guilds when they win that encounter.

Oh yes, definitely. We’ve been wanting to encounter Sanctum of Rall once again just to fight [TW]. The last time we matched up against Sanctum of Rall, their leaders ignored our whispers/mails as well as the challenge sent in gw2gvg.com. What made us laugh even more is they only replied to us LATE Thursday night, which concludes all the GvG schedules for us. We’re still looking forward to matching up with Sanctum of Rall again and we can guarantee everyone a [TW] vs. [NS] fight, IF they don’t duck us again.

Nate
[NS] – Jade Quarry
Night Shift Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

pretty sure [NS] is already a top 3 guild in a lot of people’s opinions.

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

pretty sure [NS] is already a top 3 guild in a lot of people’s opinions.

i would say yes! until the guilds from the lower tiers come up to get some fights and show us what they’re made of, i would say Agg, NS, and TW – in no particular order – are the top 3 NA currently. i’m really looking forward to the NS vs TW whenever it happens.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

You all need to learn how to share, this isn’t all about winning, if we beat the hell out of these 2 we will probably be up against BG, SoR, or JQ or some mix of those 3, I doubt we will have it this easy next week.

This might be odd, coming from me, being finger and moon and stop sweating the details and all.

I strongly disagree. It IS all about winning. You SHOULD go into your matchup every week and you SHOULD try to blow the other two servers out of the Mists. It SHOULD not matter who you’re against.

The reality is yeah, you get fairweathers, and some of the matchups just get bloody dull or old fast. It is what it is. We can only do the best we can with it. So what if we draw a T1 trip next week? We go. We play. Win or lose, it happens, and we all move on to the next matchup.

That just IS. You play, or you don’t. Everyone SHOULD try to constantly improve, individually and as servers. If a server lets its morale be broken in a matchup, that’s not my server’s problem. The only real reason to back off a server is if it’s somehow more beneficial to your efforts against the third. The only other reason I can think of is that the commander you’re following tells you to back off, so you back off.

You should play and have fun. But you should play hard. I expect everyone else to. Ego and emotion happen, but there’s no mastery traits to spend points on to improve dealing with that.

That out of my system, I’m going back to “think of the dolyaks…”

You’re totally free to disagree, but you watch and see. And take a good look around you and look at all the names that are in WvW now, cause if we do draw 2 T1 servers again I’m betting most of the people in WvW now won’t be around, they are here cause they all like the easy fights, when it gets a little hard and we start losing, they will head for the bank steps, that’s just what happened last time.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Holdyir.2918

Holdyir.2918

You’re totally free to disagree, but you watch and see. And take a good look around you and look at all the names that are in WvW now, cause if we do draw 2 T1 servers again I’m betting most of the people in WvW now won’t be around, they are here cause they all like the easy fights, when it gets a little hard and we start losing, they will head for the bank steps, that’s just what happened last time.

While I agree with you on letting the little guys come out, I disagree that we had more folks this week than last against BG/SoR. I haven’t had to deal with a queue at all this week except reset night. We’ve been roaming EB instead of the borderlands simply for that reason alone. Hell at 930 cst last night, we had outmanned in EB. During the BG/SoR match up there were queue’s constantly during NA prime time and into SEA. Which tbh, waiting in a queue longer than 5 minutes defeats the purpose of open world pvp in the first place, so I typically find something else to do instead of wait. Maybe it’s the queen’s jubilee, maybe it’s because there isn’t constant zerg action for everyone to faceroll through, idk. Either way, it’s been fun regardless.