9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

I am interested in knowing the exact damage of the various siege actually, in particular how the damage of 3 acs will compare with 1 treb. Rough estimates just wouldn’t do at all.

Testing done, thank you Jeknar for the help.

(edited by Cymric.7368)

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

This match up is kind of pointless right now, so I am going to take the opportunity to do some siege weapon damage testing. I would like to enlist the help of an ET or IoJ for this.

I will build treb/cata/ballista/AC at one of the borderland camp, you take it back, build 1 or 2 rams and maybe a golem and I will test the siege weapons on it and get the numbers. I am willing to pay the first person who help me with this 3 gold (1g on join, 2 gold on finish of the test). Will be on for 2-3 hr more, please contact me in game if you are interested.

No one? I already have the siege build, just need someone to build the ram and golem to test on.

Dunno if someone helped you with your testing, but if you want to know what’s best to destroy enemy siege, its trebs… Someone with treb mastery can deal over 10k damage to siege/sites, however trebs cost 100 supplies and are very vulnerable (to not mention they can’t hit at short range).

I think the damage order of “siege X siege” is Mortar > Trebuchets > Cannon > Ballista > Omega Golem > Arrow Cart > Catapult.

Alpha, Oil and Rams aren’t there for obvious reasons…

MOAR TREBS BEHIND GATES \o/

Isle Of Janthir

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: gotem.5284

gotem.5284

Was fun introducing ourselves to HOD/ET tonight

80% of the guild was moved over to IOJ. Can’t wait for the rest to get here.

Is transferring to a front runner server really worth a dolyak finisher?

edit: Pretty much assuming SBI gets into the tier 1 league so everyone will be targeting IOJ to be the t2 winner and transfer there.

Ranger and Mesmer
Eredon Terrace

(edited by gotem.5284)

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

edit: Pretty much assuming SBI gets into the tier 1 league so everyone will be targeting IOJ to be the t2 winner and transfer there.

Well, Silver will be a fight between IoJ/Kain/Yak’s or Brolis… I doubt anyone else can compete…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

This match up is kind of pointless right now, so I am going to take the opportunity to do some siege weapon damage testing. I would like to enlist the help of an ET or IoJ for this.

I will build treb/cata/ballista/AC at one of the borderland camp, you take it back, build 1 or 2 rams and maybe a golem and I will test the siege weapons on it and get the numbers. I am willing to pay the first person who help me with this 3 gold (1g on join, 2 gold on finish of the test). Will be on for 2-3 hr more, please contact me in game if you are interested.

No one? I already have the siege build, just need someone to build the ram and golem to test on.

Dunno if someone helped you with your testing, but if you want to know what’s best to destroy enemy siege, its trebs… Someone with treb mastery can deal over 10k damage to siege/sites, however trebs cost 100 supplies and are very vulnerable (to not mention they can’t hit at short range).

I think the damage order of “siege X siege” is Mortar > Trebuchets > Cannon > Ballista > Omega Golem > Arrow Cart > Catapult.

Alpha, Oil and Rams aren’t there for obvious reasons…

MOAR TREBS BEHIND GATES \o/

THE MAJESTIC GATEBUCHET!!!! I am behind this 100%!!!

#trebforlove
#lovetrebs

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

THE MAJESTIC GATEBUCHET!!!! I am behind this 100%!!!

#trebforlove
#lovetrebs

Glorious.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

Ok, here is the result. Quite surprising to me, I thought treb and ballista will deal more damage.

Credit to Jeknar from ET for such a good target and Dispensa Shaterhorn from IoJ who was cool and didn’t disrupt the test.

I could clean up and upload the raw footage on youtube if there is any demand for it.

Edit:
For referance, I have 4 rank in ballista, 4 in cata, 2 in ac, 3 in treb

Attachments:

(edited by Cymric.7368)

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Good fun tonight having some ruins fights, [VLK] caught us and wiped us when we were trolling 3 thieves but we came back as warrior, guardian and thief and had a decent fight, we spent 5 mins looking for more but we figured you went home to defend.

Again against the [CATZ] party in IoJ ruins, even though you guys got wiped 5+ times you still get huge respect for coming back for the 2(you) vs 3(us) repeatedly.

And sorry to the GT guild, had some good even fights in ruins again but we were talking about bed when you guys jumped us at camp 5v3 (1afk) which was pretty much a decider if you guys had 5 maybe more then the fun was done when we were down to 2.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Ok, here is the result. Quite surprising to me, I thought treb and ballista will deal more damage.

Credit to Jeknar from ET for such a good target and Dispensa Shaterhorn from IoJ who was cool and didn’t disrupt the test.

I could clean up and upload the raw footage on youtube if there is any demand for it.

Edit:
For referance, I have 4 rank in ballista, 4 in cata, 2 in ac, 3 in treb

And remember people: #3 golem blocks trebs and catas…

Also Ballista spreadshot can’t hit siege. (but hurt a lot)

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mothafu.5123

Mothafu.5123

Close ET, very close

Nice push on SMC almost lost that one

If we are bound to get stomped everywhere than let it be with style.
5 seconds more and SM would be ours. ET all the way.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Well this might not be the best place to say this, but I’m happy to hear that [Mend] will be moving to IoJ!

I’ve actually saw your recruitment thread a few days ago including the video. Very well made and impressive tower defense you guys achieved with ease. Definetly a good adition to our server.

Commander Nachonix

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

I heard this gaggle of jokers led by the supreme godly overlord of whine and cheese was considering a move back to ET. I had my credit card ready to move back to JQ. Thankfully I think it was just some people successfully trolling me. It was undoubtedly the best troll ever perpetrated against me. Although I thought about it some more and it would have really made map chat fun for me again.

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

-points to all of the above-
This is why myself and the Mister Honeybuns keep to ourselves 85% of the time.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Unless roaming, Then you guys nom all the peoples.

Isle Of Janthir

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Isn’t it worth it for the entertainment value? I love watching forum drama.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

Isn’t it worth it for the entertainment value? I love watching forum drama.

As long as we aren’t directly involved, it is entertaining. I can’t lie there.

Unless roaming, Then you guys nom all the peoples.

Indeed! Nom all the people! Roaming is really all we do now though.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

^ This

This was, I believe, referring to my post deleted by moderators. Not the post currently above it. Just so no one misconstrues anything.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

I heard this gaggle of jokers led by the supreme godly overlord of whine and cheese was considering a move back to ET. I had my credit card ready to move back to JQ. Thankfully I think it was just some people successfully trolling me. It was undoubtedly the best troll ever perpetrated against me. Although I thought about it some more and it would have really made map chat fun for me again.

LOL user was infracted for this post

xD

thumbed up

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

Mods, why must you delete good posts?!

Attachments:

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

I hope this inspires all of the other ‘pro’ HoD players to leave. IoJ can take the trash, they’ll need it for the their extremely important 40v1 fights.

Dusty Dawg

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

LoL. We don’t give a kitten about PPT or what rank the server is. The community was very cool when we were doing the rounds to see where we wanted to go.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Natronix.9827

AR had a blast today with our small group around EB and IOJ BL. Fights were really fun, and that 12vs25+ ET infront of vale lol… Sweet.

Commander Nachonix

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: nyckolag.2394

nyckolag.2394

It appears that I missed some forum drama. Crap.

Frankly, I don’t have much patience for the silver tier. Being from an Oceanic guild, we’ve found basically 0 oceanic presence from the other servers (hopefully something that will change when we fight Kaineng/YB/BP/Whoever). This could be because of the terribly boring karma train that our server’s been participating in this week, though.

Bring on the steam-rolling, begone with the fairweathers!

Fellblade is best blade.
Leader and head forum barbarian for [roam]

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

lol, I just watched an unguilded ET guy stand in the middle of an IoJ zerg and not get hit, as everyone else was being targetted and hit. Then two IoJ guys ran up to him, didn’t hit him, looked like they were having a nice chat, and then run off — ET guy still standing there. lol. Right at the bridge outside of Blue Keep. Haha, they do this kind of stuff in the higher tiers, but usually it’s way more discreet.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Natronix.9827

lol, I just watched an unguilded ET guy stand in the middle of an IoJ zerg and not get hit, as everyone else was being targetted and hit. Then two IoJ guys ran up to him, didn’t hit him, looked like they were having a nice chat, and then run off — ET guy still standing there. lol. Right at the bridge outside of Blue Keep. Haha, they do this kind of stuff in the higher tiers, but usually it’s way more discreet.

Didn’t know having friends on the ooposing server was a higher tier thing only

Nah but really, I highly doubt it was a spy. Its probably a friend of someone or a similiar case. Just think of it, would we really need to do that at this point?

Commander Nachonix

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Oh I have plenty of friends on other servers that I chat with. But in a Zerg fight I usually get plowed right along with everyone else, regardless of friendship. It was just so hilarious, I had to come post about it. Still laughing really.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

nyckolag.2394

Oh I have plenty of friends on other servers that I chat with. But in a Zerg fight I usually get plowed right along with everyone else, regardless of friendship. It was just so hilarious, I had to come post about it. Still laughing really.

How does that even work? Don’t you think one of the mindless pugs would have attacked the player?

A much more likely scenario is that the zerg was steamrolling its opposition, focusing on spamming 1 and running through, with the greater majority of its players tunnel visioning right to the back of the enemy zerg. Besides, who cares about that one loot back, when they have a big blue icon to follow!!

Fellblade is best blade.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

How does that even work? Don’t you think one of the mindless pugs would have attacked the player?
!!

Lol, that’s what was so remarkable about it, and made me come here to post about it. It was a “what the heck” moment, and if the two IoJ guys hadn’t gone running up to him immediately after I probably wouldn’t have even noticed

Still laughing,

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Looks like I missed the drama… Oh well… I might just ask directly to the people involved.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

sephiroth.4217

Ahaha that was pretty funny ey to the [CT] guardian camping his ballista in ET spawn..

I woulda emote laughed aswell if the legendary defenders didn’t kill me for sitting next to you

….. And Elementalist.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

I hope I didn’t miss any of the delicious drama.

Maguuma
#allisvain

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

bokkieskitten.8023

I hope I didn’t miss any of the delicious drama.

/hands a cup of tea, a cozy blanket and some biscuits

It had died down, but it always comes back.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

nyckolag.2394

Are you MEM guys serious? Getting a cannon up for two of us? This match up is so crap.

Fellblade is best blade.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

sephiroth.4217

Are you MEM guys serious? Getting a cannon up for two of us? This match up is so crap.

I think boredom gets us sometimes, atm im jumping off high ledges suiciding myself onto enemy players running past

….. And Elementalist.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalasyra.6012

Kalasyra.6012

Ahaha that was pretty funny ey to the [CT] guardian camping his ballista in ET spawn..

I woulda emote laughed aswell if the legendary defenders didn’t kill me for sitting next to you

We owned nothing and couldn’t get organized (the few people we had anyway), so I had to find some fun somewhere.

I only laughed out of amusement, so sorry if it came across as rude.

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

boredom has strange effects on people. tonight some of us were trolling ioj in et bl. sniping stragglers during caps, trolling cap circles and hitting aoe knockbacks while you two zvz’d, etc., etc..

greatly enjoyed the brief cata interlude on ioj while they were at et’s inner bay. good times, good times.

to the FIRE guild – thumbs up – enjoyed our multiple encounters

/love from a really bad mesmer

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

yeah the week been pretty boring

i am just running karma train with my lowbie trying to lv up zzzzz

honestly how absurd it is, when we deicide to leave enemy groups alone and not even kill their sieg so they can flip their towers/keeps back so we have something reflip again :x

it is ok week for roamers tho as it seems like small groups of ET/HOD are hungry for revenge xD

i had some fun fight vs condi necro on my condi thief

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

honestly how absurd it is, when we deicide to leave enemy groups alone and not even kill their sieg so they can flip their towers/keeps back so we have something reflip again :x

it is ok week for roamers tho as it seems like small groups of ET/HOD are hungry for revenge xD

Huh, your guild is one of the guilds that (as I stated on another post) kept ruining our comebacks to keep the karma train flowing… That do not make sense…

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

Yay. Fun fights tonight. HoD + ET + SIC all. Fighting over garrison and NW tower.

Lots of fun. Even better doing it with outmanned buff on: )

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gixas.6594

Gixas.6594

I’m new to the forum world would like to say that this week has proven to be a great time to train some of my guildies in wvw, Eye of Janthir [XIII] is still relatively new but we are growing stronger by the day and I’m hoping we will have a bigger presence in wvw soon, good job [XIII] keep it up!!! Thank you for all the fights as well ET and HoD I look forward to seeing you all grow and seeing what you can do as you do so good luck on your future endeavors guys!

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: gotem.5284

gotem.5284

Don’t complain about boredom when you are the cause of the problem. I just checked the recruitment boards on these forums and half the IOJ people posting in this thread go out of the way to recruit more people to a server that doesn’t need it. Which is fine btw just don’t complain when you crush every match up because no one wants to even try when one server has 10x more than the other.

Ranger and Mesmer
Eredon Terrace

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

nyckolag.2394

Don’t complain about boredom when you are the cause of the problem. I just checked the recruitment boards on these forums and half the IOJ people posting in this thread go out of the way to recruit more people to a server that doesn’t need it. Which is fine btw just don’t complain when you crush every match up because no one wants to even try when one server has 10x more than the other.

I’m so bored.

Also, with regard to the roaming comment that cynz made – please point me in the right direction. Most of the guys I’ve fought this week have been trash, be it 1v1, 2v2, or anything, really.

That’s not to say that all the fights I’ve had have been terrible – there’s been a select few guilds that have been a blast.

Fellblade is best blade.

(edited by nyckolag.2394)

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

Bored? How are you bored? Tbph when i log on during NA prime. I’m not impressed. I see IOJBL 3/4s ours. I see ETBL COMPLETELY empty of IOJ. I see HODBL COMPLETELY empty of IOJ. EB is 4/5th controlled by IOJ. Out-manned buff on ETBL + HODBL (i love that btw..works for my guild). By the time i log off from NA prime ETBL and HODBL are usually starting to turn back to their home servers.

So what? Don’t want to venture to far from that karma train in EB? I personally have spent 100% of my time in ETBL and HODBL looking for fights and flipping keeps. Its not at ALL boring. I encounter so few IOJ, its like a desolate wasteland everyone fears to traverse.

Okay so maybe you don’t play NA prime and are on an off-shift. Well than ya. It was boring.

But hey. I’m new here. What do i know?

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runamok.9638

Runamok.9638

Yay. Fun fights tonight. HoD + ET + SIC all. Fighting over garrison and NW tower.

Lots of fun. Even better doing it with outmanned buff on: )

Thanks for bringing the fights Alaric. It was refreshing to do some actual fighting after standing around siege dueling 7943779854978 arrow carts in our Hills against HoD. I enjoyed rolling with you a number of times back in the days of [VK]. Seems like [SIC] only was rolling with < 10 folks last night.

-One Angry Brotha [IoM]

One Angry Brotha — Stafro Elementalist
Once in a While Mediocre Commander
#ETSummer2014BandWagon

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

We got to a guild high last night of 13 people. The video i posted is us with 9 people

We are small but we fight like we got a zerg behind us

Nice hearing from you again!

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Were you perhaps roaming in IoJ BL ruins last night? I fought an SE thief (and several other thieves) last night.

Maguuma
#allisvain

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tossed Fish.7380

Tossed Fish.7380

Good fights in IoJ ruins last night. Twas fun!

Tossed Fish//Necromancer
Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: WarLord.8430

WarLord.8430

Yo sic, welcome to IoJ, IoM had fun fighting you open field south of redlake, we only had 15vsyour13 but was still a fun fight hope to fight you in the future

[IoM] Immortals of the Mists http://iom.enjin.com
80 Guard, Leader/Commander
Isle of Janthir

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

We’ll be on ETBL 7pm cst – 10pm cst Roaming from north bay to north camp and all things west side of the map. Come one, come all!

9/13 IoJ/ET/HoD

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Bored? How are you bored? Tbph when i log on during NA prime. I’m not impressed. I see IOJBL 3/4s ours. I see ETBL COMPLETELY empty of IOJ. I see HODBL COMPLETELY empty of IOJ. EB is 4/5th controlled by IOJ. Out-manned buff on ETBL + HODBL (i love that btw..works for my guild). By the time i log off from NA prime ETBL and HODBL are usually starting to turn back to their home servers.

So what? Don’t want to venture to far from that karma train in EB? I personally have spent 100% of my time in ETBL and HODBL looking for fights and flipping keeps. Its not at ALL boring. I encounter so few IOJ, its like a desolate wasteland everyone fears to traverse.

Okay so maybe you don’t play NA prime and are on an off-shift. Well than ya. It was boring.

But hey. I’m new here. What do i know?

Think its really just because so many of us are bored this week we’ve really stopped caring what gets flipped sadly. Its a horrible habit to get into and pretty disappointed in commanders ignoring calls about IoJ BL being attacked this week :l

Isle Of Janthir