9/13 Sanctum of Rall/Jade Quarry/Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I was rather disappointed last night. I was hoping the new mechanics were going to break the zergs up some but it appeared it did the actual opposite.

The lag in the BLs was just atrocious and fights came down to who had more people spamming 1. Hopefully it dies down some and new tactics force the zergs to split up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Today, two more myths were busted (besides the walrus).

That SOR murders BG in open field fights.

That BG blobs more than SOR.

The first day that fighting became attached to the actual score of the match, BG gains score, even though BG was losing in PPT.

We don’t blob, you do.

We don’t suck in open field, we take the lead with it.

BG’s small roaming individuals and small groups came out to WvW tonight and kicked kitten . Today was great great fun. I’ll enjoy SORBLs bloodlust for months to come.

:)

Thank you mr. bgtroll. Plz keep us updated on ur brilliant insight of this matchup. I expect atleast one a day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I can’t tell, do people like the changes or not? Or does no one care one way or the other?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mushin Tips.1623

Mushin Tips.1623

i honestly dont care about the bloodlust stacks, the lag that comes from them is the problem i have.

[NS] – Night Shift mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Good fights tonight Ge

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

I’ll like the update once everyone stops zerging the middle and allows the havocs to roam in peace. Also I’ll like the update when warriors becomes not extremely imbalanced … but that will never happen.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I can’t tell, do people like the changes or not? Or does no one care one way or the other?

On the long run I can say that SoR will complain about the world point per kill XD but if they were what they always claim to be they would have a very high % AND IT DOESN’T SHOW that because they have been always making fake statesment that noone believed ever at least now we have game data providing true colors.
BG 36.32% and n°1 from every servers in the “farm your ennemy” % XD
JQ 30.46% and n°9
SoR 29.38% and n°13 (lol)

(edited by Titan.3472)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Is it true that the bloodlust buff is causing the lag?

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

This is how we party on a wednesday night!

Amjrn loves to twerk it

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Is it still true to your claim that MERC is headed to JQ?
Your answer will answer the question you have asked.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traejan.1729

Traejan.1729

On the long run I can say that SoR will complain about the world point per kill XD but if they were what they always claim to be they would have a very high % AND IT DOESN’T SHOW that because they have been always making fake statesment that noone believed ever at least now we have game data providing true colors.
JQ 30.46% and n°9

I agree with you – SoR will probably complain the most about this new meta. It goes against their long standing tactic of map blobbing / lagging the enemy and exploiting game mechanics to get kills/objectives.

Proud member of [RUST] IRON TEARS

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

I guess thats a YES then. Anyway, some JQ leaders really want MERC, for real though. Some… Asian JQ leaders.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Had fun last night on BGBL. The lag was incredibly stupid, but the fights were great. BG had some sneaky sneaky siege set up in garry to hit the center, and it was fun figuring out the best way to balance bloodlust with holding objectives. Good stuff.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

I guess thats a YES then. Anyway, some JQ leaders really want MERC, for real though. Some… Asian JQ leaders.

nah we are going to fa to fight to alongside meow

ign: Stealthzor

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brutus.5732

Brutus.5732

Score not from tick.
SoR = 29%
JQ = 30%
BG = 34%

So BG is the worst server to capture towers and play for PPT.

http://www.gw2score.com/index.php?action=currentscore&sort=hidden_points_percent&ad=desc

You are the best yak\sentry killers by far.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

SoR – We don’t stomp, we curbstomp.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

What an insane day it has been.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

Score not from tick.
SoR = 29%
JQ = 30%
BG = 34%

http://www.gw2score.com/index.php?action=currentscore&sort=hidden_points_percent&ad=desc

you guys give us no options. all you do is run into keep/tower and hide behind the ac’s

ign: Stealthzor

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tam.3146

Tam.3146

I was rather disappointed last night. I was hoping the new mechanics were going to break the zergs up some but it appeared it did the actual opposite.

The lag in the BLs was just atrocious and fights came down to who had more people spamming 1. Hopefully it dies down some and new tactics force the zergs to split up.

Its either super big zerg or pvp style roaming.
There’s still no room for 15~20 team

For Dolyaks Glory
Not Yet Solved[NYS] SOR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Its either super big zerg or pvp style roaming.
There’s still no room for 15~20 team

All I’ve seen today on BG are 20 or 30 man teams all over the borderlands. I haven’t seen large BG zergs except on EB.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

Score not from tick.
SoR = 29%
JQ = 30%
BG = 34%

you guys give us no options. all you do is run into keep/tower and hide behind the ac’s

While all you do is PvF. Go do something useful on the field.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

Score not from tick.
SoR = 29%
JQ = 30%
BG = 34%

While all you do is PvF. Go do something useful on the field.

Hypocrite…..

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

JQ 30.46% and n°9

This would be twisting the data that is collected to what you want to perceive. The analytics do not show 100% of the fights that are going on out there, this would only prove that BG places priority on the middle cap points instead of objective holding.

Consider the following, BG on BG BL, primarily rolling 40-60 deep in the middle of the map at the cap points, SoR and JQ from what I have seen attempt to send smaller squads in, they get farmed. Each small team that gets farmed is another 5-10 stomps, this translates in to score. What the score will not show is when JQ or SoR counter blob or zerg the middle and clear the whole middle ruins out. It is this period that neither SoR or JQ has bloodlust to translate this in to score, hence the factual data presented as to “whom really does play for points” is not reliable. Again, this would go for whoever has a server playstyle of placing priority on middle caps as opposed to objectives.

Just take this outlook when you analyze the data that is presented, these are mechanics that should be clearly defined when posting such “factual” data.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Score not from tick.
SoR = 29%
JQ = 30%
BG = 34%

You have my sincerest apologies. We get so many bags from your server on a daily basis and it seems impossible to sell fast enough. But you’ll be happy to know we’re working to improve on that. Were starting donation funds to make sure our entire server is outfitted with full 20 slot bags and encouraging everyone to try and buy an endless salvage kit. We’ll make it and get to the point that we dont need a sell break from farming your zergs and can keep giving you guys the attention you so richly deserve. : )

in Match-ups

Jedbacca.6297

Score not from tick.
SoR = 29%
JQ = 30%
BG = 34%

You have my sincerest apologies. We get so many bags from your server on a daily basis and it seems impossible to sell fast enough. But you’ll be happy to know we’re working to improve on that. Were starting donation funds to make sure our entire server is outfitted with full 20 slot bags and encouraging everyone to try and buy an endless salvage kit. We’ll make it and get to the point that we dont need a sell break from farming your zergs and can keep giving you guys the attention you so richly deserve. : )

I like this guy…

in Match-ups

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

JQ 30.46% and n°9

This would be twisting the data that is collected to what you want to perceive. The analytics do not show 100% of the fights that are going on out there, this would only prove that BG places priority on the middle cap points instead of objective holding.

Consider the following, BG on BG BL, primarily rolling 40-60 deep in the middle of the map at the cap points, SoR and JQ from what I have seen attempt to send smaller squads in, they get farmed. Each small team that gets farmed is another 5-10 stomps, this translates in to score. What the score will not show is when JQ or SoR counter blob or zerg the middle and clear the whole middle ruins out. It is this period that neither SoR or JQ has bloodlust to translate this in to score, hence the factual data presented as to “whom really does play for points” is not reliable. Again, this would go for whoever has a server playstyle of placing priority on middle caps as opposed to objectives.

Just take this outlook when you analyze the data that is presented, these are mechanics that should be clearly defined when posting such “factual” data.

Pretty correct. I was commanding BG BL last night and I was the only commander. Thus everyone centered around my tag. You guys had DA, SF,Pro. The 3 pronged made me have to constantly move fast across the map while still trying to maintain the orbs. I did try to break off splinter forces though for the center. Overall, I had a lot of fun fighting you guys. Very enjoyable night for me.

The one time. I tried to assault your south tower and you guys poured in and built arrow carts on the fly was pure win BTW. Very well played. GG

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

Bla bla bla, my made up facts are better than your made up facts – Here’s something i made up to prove it

Fact: You get stomped, BG get points = you loose on the field, and you loose the match.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in Match-ups

Jedbacca.6297

Bla bla bla, my made up facts are better than your made up facts – Here’s something i made up to prove it

Fact: You get stomped, BG get points = you loose on the field, and you loose the match.

This video will depict our current situation when it comes to you and I. In this example I am Arian Foster as of to where you are that “other guy.”

http://youtu.be/v1DLne6Is2c

in Match-ups

Neuromancer.2148

Fact: This guy doesn’t know how to spell lose

Fact: This is an international forum, so you cannot expect everyone to adhere to the same standards of language that may be common in your country. You have server mates who commit spelling and grammar mistakes too. Be as courteous to everyone as you are to them.

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Fact: Jedsus wins by style vs. the guy I don’t know.
Funfact: I had too much beer to remember who I am

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Fact: You get stomped, BG get points = you get loose on the field, and you get loose in the match.

Fact: This guy doesn’t get loose.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

Wait.. I know the Dolphins, but what’s the other team?
You Americans should really rework that franchise system of your sports .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tierlis.5614

Tierlis.5614

JQ 30.46% and n°9

Actually, the data is not skewed. While the above example is completely true, you are discounting BG being able to maintain that bloodlust. There are two sides to the equation. The points acquired from bloodlust is a by product of killing the opposing team AND maintaining that bloodlust. That is what makes the statistic accurate.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gwendolyr.3712

Gwendolyr.3712

Fact: People of all servers need to stop respond to trolls from other servers. Let’s just focus on the good fights and enjoy what could be our last match together before the league!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seuche.4809

Seuche.4809

lag lag lag lag…. lag everywhere gz Anet -.-

Bloody Baal – Disturbed Squad [DISS]
Riverside
WvW Rank 3000+

in Match-ups

Jedbacca.6297

Actually, the data is not skewed. While the above example is completely true, you are discounting BG being able to maintain that bloodlust. There are two sides to the equation. The points acquired from bloodlust is a by product of killing the opposing team AND maintaining that bloodlust. That is what makes the statistic accurate.

You are not understanding what I had laid out. Yes, you guys do maintain bloodlust, but what is not being account for is the deaths that BG is getting while the JQ and SoR teams are not maintaining or placing focus on Bloodlust. These stomps are not translating in to the data that is being collected.

This is small and large scale combat between the servers. As I stated before, BG has placed priority in sending main team to center ruins in order to maintain this Bloodlust buff. While doing so, any stomps count toward their score. We noticed last night that BG did a pretty kitten good job at holding pretty much Bloodlust across 3 borderlands, as to SoR and JQ were not doing this. For your factual data, this translates in to less stomp points for JQ and SoR yet more structural holding based game play. As a compliment, you can state that BG is doing their best to try and get ahead of the Bloodlust curve and was a great example last night of maintaining that Bloodlust to get points for stomps while the other servers were not gaining points through their stomps.

(edited by Jedbacca.6297)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Enjoy the morning/day/evening etc

EDIT:

And this lag is unbearable. What on earth did they do?!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

Fact: People of all servers need to stop respond to trolls from other servers. Let’s just focus on the good fights and enjoy what could be our last match together before the league!

We do have good fights but we also enjoy the forum trolls, keeps us from boredom away from the game

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neophyte.4985

Neophyte.4985

Hang on. You guys can’t be serious. How in the world did this make you zerg harder??? This is like small fights heaven!

The Shining Force [TSF] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

Wait, the lag is even worse tonight? I think I watch football before I go into wvw. The slight hope it’s getting better on late EU time.

in Match-ups

Neuromancer.2148

This is small and large scale combat between the servers. As I stated before, BG has placed priority in sending main team to center ruins in order to maintain this Bloodlust buff. While doing so, any stomps count toward their score. We noticed last night that BG did a pretty kitten good job at holding pretty much Bloodlust across 3 borderlands, as to SoR and JQ were not doing this. For your factual data, this translates in to less stomp points for JQ and SoR yet more structural holding based game play. As a compliment, you can state that BG is doing their best to try and get ahead of the Bloodlust curve and was a great example last night of maintaining that Bloodlust to get points for stomps while the other servers were not gaining points through their stomps.

There’s certainly a margin of error for total body count that will remain unaccounted for, but you have to consider that the factors remain equal for all three servers. At any given time, all servers have equivalent access to bloodlust if they exert the effort to obtain it. The only controlling factor is the two other opponents. If the buff remains with server A, then it’s easy to conclude that server A is effectively controlling the nodes, which in itself means we beat the opposition present at those nodes. If server A’s score has a high percentage of non-PPT points, then it’s also safe to assume that they are making good use of the buff i.e killing in the open field. And contrary to what you say, our main forces are primarily still on PPT objectives. That we have had less holdings this week is actually a testament to how thin our population really is, especially with all the transfers happening.

TL:DR What some of our more enthusiastic servermates are refuting is that Blackgate merely relies on large numbers to knock down doors to gain large PPT that carries us to victory, a myth perpetuated by other zealous posters from other servers, but has dominance in smaller fights too, of which the bloodlust mechanic provides us at least a barometer.

This ‘statement’ is independent of JQ and SoR’s ability to kill on the field as well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheJokersBSeR.7823

TheJokersBSeR.7823

Glad to still see that these threads still have a large dose of nerd rage/trolling over a game from all servers involved. Stay classy o/

It only takes one really bad day…
Munrow
[HUNT] Predatory Instinct

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

We do have good fights but we also enjoy the forum trolls, keeps us from boredom away from the game

See Shifty got it!

Kinda knew trolling the beloved Jed would stir up something, and I even dared to make a speling error

Think I need to get back in the matchup, so I actually know whats going on in the maps.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: dabomb.4056

dabomb.4056

Score not from tick.
SoR = 29%
JQ = 30%
BG = 34%

I like this guy…

Hey merchants are great. We always have sell breaks after some intense blob farming.

2 advantages of having a merchant includes sharing the merchant with the enemy server and also re-farming the same spot when the blob reappears.

I have 8 20 bag slots and the loots are coming in faster than i can salvage them. Merchant is still your best answer.

Rekz – #Getgud, Champion illusionist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

So how does everyone feel about the new update (Middle)? Worth it or no?

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Fact: You get stomped, BG get points = you get loose on the field, and you get loose in the match.

Fact: That’s not a guy!

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karg.2381

Karg.2381

FACT: Facts are Facts

Fact: That’s not a guy!

SoR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

I have heard rumors that WARD has merged with TWL. Can anyone confirm this?

Ty.

Hello, I am still waiting for confirmation. Thank you.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Ty.

Does that make TWARD now TWARDL? And what happened to WARDACO?

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Ty.

Could you imagine the devastation However, we have not merged, Ward is still Ward last I heard.

[TW]Tempest Wolves