in Match-ups

Posted by: Gelwynn.5360

Gelwynn.5360

Yawn… what the heck?

FA/TC/Mag... 3rd week in a row...

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Anet trolling so we get angry and post in matchup threads, then they have more excuses to close them.

Have a good week everyone.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

It could be worse. You could be stuck in T3 with the AC servers or T1 with The Blob.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Yeah…VS the same servers over and over has made WvW stale. I can’t even be bothered to do the WvW daily’s anymore.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

That’s the positive can do spirit I like to hear!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

People would really rather fight anonymous other players with a different name above their head than recognize a few faces/titles roaming around and building a fun rivalry? The thing I miss most about PvP like this is recognition of other players and enjoying the competition between them.

My favorite thing about WoW BGs before they created the idea of battlegroups was “knowing” many of the Alliance players after playing them so often. It’s like playing competitive games against friends, wanting to win that much more and knowing something about them to take your competition to the next level.

Or I guess just logging in to do dailies as a new color against new named servers is cool.

I’m glad to have TC and Maguuma back. Let’s fight.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

As Caffynated stated.. pick your poison..

Do you want:

A) A competitive match (or as close as you can get)
B) A match where your going to get annihilated
C) A match where your doing the annihilating and or fighting more AC’s than actual players

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

[PINK] Marathon Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’m just wearing full zerkers and running into blobs over and over.
State of the game now.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Zerker’s? You kidding? Try uplevel!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Do you want:

A) A competitive match (or as close as you can get)
B) A match where your going to get annihilated
C) A match where your doing the annihilating and or fighting more AC’s than actual players

A) Doesnt exist, certainly not with this matchup
B) That would be nice compared to this matchup
C) TC is winning and you still fight their AC’s more than actual players

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

@ Aon ppl using that reindeer tonic on TCBL tonight to run away… is it really worth the 30 or 60s? Seems like a huge waste to me.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

@ Aon ppl using that reindeer tonic on TCBL tonight to run away… is it really worth the 30 or 60s? Seems like a huge waste to me.

If you bought them at that price maybe not, but ultimately what else do I have to buy?

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

Nice to see a few guilds out there tonight running in an organized fashion, fun fights when you could avoid the blobs long enough to enjoy one.

in Match-ups

Aberrant.6749

If you bought them at that price maybe not, but ultimately what else do I have to buy?

Just sell them and buy gems or food or “skype” time with a cute lady or something…

When I see some one do it I’m like… nice… I just made them waste gold over their pride. Best victory possible.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Amazing fights tonight on FABL. Fun time all around.

TG, amazing as always.
PYRO, we tried with what numbers we had, but was still great.
FA pug zerg, tons of fun in that 20 minute 3 way.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

Just sell them and buy gems or food or “skype” time with a cute lady or something…

When I see some one do it I’m like… nice… I just made them waste gold over their pride. Best victory possible.

Has nothing to do with pride, everything to do with being able to stay in the fight and keep fighting. When you run a small synergy based group, losing someone is a large chunk of your effectiveness. Spend enough time kitting out blobbing baddies, rather not waste more on regrouping.

As i said I do not need gold or gems, I have 4 freezers full of meat, and my wife wouldn’t like me skyping cute ladies. Gold, in a game that is floundering about waiting for the next game to kill it, is not all that valuable.

(edited by Jaxs.5830)

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Big ups to FA for their impeccable garrison defense. Normally we’re more than happy to do 45-90 minute garrison fights but we’re tired tonight. We’ve gotta wash our hair. We’re having our monthly visitors.

Attachments:

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

Thanks random NOPE guy, we had a rough patch in the middle but we had fun fighting you tonight.

And yeah props FA on the garri defense that was persistent as hell.

Help

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brode.7689

Brode.7689

TUNE is a joke guild right?

This is not Tricare, he is suspended from life.

in Match-ups

Aberrant.6749

Has nothing to do with pride, everything to do with being able to stay in the fight and keep fighting. When you run a small synergy based group, losing someone is a large chunk of your effectiveness. Spend enough time kitting out blobbing baddies, rather not waste more on regrouping.

As i said I do not need gold or gems, I have 4 freezers full of meat, and my wife wouldn’t like me skyping cute ladies. Gold, in a game that is floundering about waiting for the next game to kill it, is not all that valuable.

But in at least 2 cases tonight there wasn’t anyone else alive… and the person WP-ed right after they got ooc… can’t think of any good reason other than pride

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

But in at least 2 cases tonight there wasn’t anyone else alive… and the person WP-ed right after they got ooc… can’t think of any good reason other than pride

I’ve bought what i estimate to be over 90% of the global supply of the tonics, and most of them were for 6s or less months ago.

I still have 2k liquid gold and a bank full of assets, so yeah, spending that money to save us time/stacks is actually worth it in my opinion.

Anyway, back to this match-up, I’m looking forward to kiting around GODS hammer trains for 10-15 minutes and then turning on them with 1:2 – 1:3 odds, wiping them, then spamming /laugh as they lay on the ground wondering why their mass guard/war AOE train just got exploded.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I’ve bought what i estimate to be over 90% of the global supply of the tonics, and most of them were for 6s or less months ago.

I still have 2k liquid gold and a bank full of assets, so yeah, spending that money to save us time/stacks is actually worth it in my opinion.

Anyway, back to this match-up, I’m looking forward to kiting around GODS hammer trains for 10-15 minutes and then turning on them with 1:2 – 1:3 odds, wiping them, then spamming /laugh as they lay on the ground wondering why their mass guard/war AOE train just got exploded.

Gib tonics pls.

Also when is this forum getting deleted?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Cogbyrn.7283

And in those two cases, you felt robbed of victory because one person happened to escape and WP out? Needing to get the kill to feel like you won, to me, also seems like pride.

But you’re also right. I can see where someone wouldn’t want to lose stacks, but I also personally put no stock in On Kill stacks. I also die all the time because I’m overaggressive, so dying means basically nothing to me. Sometimes I’ll even sacrifice all of my LF pool to get the /laugh off at the chunk of zerg that starts falling behind their commander because they couldn’t help themselves and had to chase the lone Necro. It only takes one, maybe two quick mob kills to get full LF again anyway, and that’s only when I’m feeling extra sassy.

in Match-ups

Brode.7689

Also when is this forum getting deleted?

Shhhhhh I heard they forgot about anything WvW related again. So as long as no one gets infracted……

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Shhhhhh I heard they forgot about anything WvW related again. So as long as no one gets infracted……

That’s kittening stupid, shut the kitten up you lying sack of poopie-doopie.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Aberrant.6749

And in those two cases, you felt robbed of victory because one person happened to escape and WP out? Needing to get the kill to feel like you won, to me, also seems like pride.

But you’re also right. I can see where someone wouldn’t want to lose stacks, but I also personally put no stock in On Kill stacks. I also die all the time because I’m overaggressive, so dying means basically nothing to me. Sometimes I’ll even sacrifice all of my LF pool to get the /laugh off at the chunk of zerg that starts falling behind their commander because they couldn’t help themselves and had to chase the lone Necro. It only takes one, maybe two quick mob kills to get full LF again anyway, and that’s only when I’m feeling extra sassy.

Nah not at all, I don’t feel cheated what so ever… I find it better than if they had just died because of the cost of the tonics. Read the other posts yo. Just wondering why some one would spend so much more to do something like that. I’m the same way, I solo/duo roam on my Eng the vast majority of the time and dying 1:5+ doesn’t mean anything (especially when I kill a few before going down) so this behavior confused me.

@ deathTouch grats man, I would have never have though to invest in those of all things. I am very happy about the cloth prices though ^^ lol

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Match-ups

Posted by: AdsSal.6405

AdsSal.6405

To the Mag thief from Envy laughing in TCBL just now, stay classy. Its not hard to play when you have friends.

Seranda Stormcry, Necromancer, Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Brode.7689

That’s kittening stupid, shut the kitten up you lying sack of poopie-doopie.

f-feelings hur…hurt….. must report…..

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

of course you’d say that

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Tonights been fun overall. A nice power hour before ending where we pushed ourselves to try and be the best we could, lots of good fights and much fun around the map…

And because this could very likely be my final post on this sub forum… Its been an honor talking with you fighting with you.

Attachments:

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

No, they all serious bidness.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Aberrant.6749

of course you’d say that

U kno me bby, I luv.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: thebeaRRRRR.8640

thebeaRRRRR.8640

Great fights with pyro,tg,hope during reset tonight outside lake tower that lasted what seemed like an eternity!

[AHMA] Giam Chye Cha Loti
Ele, guardian
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

That never occurred last night, there was always at least half of us alive.

in Match-ups

Cogbyrn.7283

Here’s hoping you both argue about a minor detail that doesn’t actually matter to the meat of the conversation for another 4ish posts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I kept asking for another ram and it appeared ;3

Hi again guys. >3< I hope the matchup thread stays else, time to transfer on that other forum.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I laughed when the TUNE pre-nerf perplexity engineer at the beginning of the movie below blew himself up on his own transferred confusion.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

Aberrant.6749

Nah ONE person left there used it when you guys tried to run away from N.camp through the skritt last night… then they immediately WP-ed out once they were OOC. Had nothing to do with staying alive for the group. It’s ok, like I said, I appreciate the gold destruction

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nah ONE person left there used it when you guys tried to run away from N.camp through the skritt last night. It’s ok, like I said, I appreciate the gold destruction

They abuse tonics to get out of fights they lose, even against even numbers. Topic is resolved, they admitted to it and proceeded to try and defend themselves for doing such a shameful thing. Subject is over.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Aberrant.6749

Nah ONE person left there used it when you guys tried to run away from N.camp through the skritt last night. It’s ok, like I said, I appreciate the gold destruction

They abuse tonics to get out of fights they lose, even against even numbers. Topic is resolved, they admitted to it and proceeded to try and defend themselves for doing such a shameful thing. Subject is over.

Ty for resolving this and telling me when to stop talking Mr.Moderator. Oh wait…

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Well be ready, any time now they’re going to tell the whole subforum when to stop talking.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Aberrant.6749

They can do whatever they want, it’s their forums. Telling another player that the “subject is over” as if you had any authority what so ever is just silly.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Really though, the same two players talking about something that seems to have already been resolved by both parties within the first few posts is also silly…. wait…

Edit: Just to make sure this is clear, I agree with you. Abusing tonics to get off fights to avoid having to spend time regrouping is just a silly excuse for abusing a game mechanic that isnt being used as intended.

Lunar Fighter

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)

in Match-ups

Aberrant.6749

This thread needed more sillyness.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Being stuck in an animation after dying is best silly, yes or yes?

Attachments:

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Aberrant.6749

Lol that basi venom… perma singing mode! At least we aren’t all stone colored and unable to dodge after anymore.

P.S. I am Iron man.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

Yeah, AoN loses fights against NOPE with even numbers. Those NOPE 5 man groups sure are scary!

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

You joke about it, but it has happened.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winkin.1490

Winkin.1490

You joke about it, but it has happened.

I’m sure you believe that. After that one time at SE camp when you thought we had 10+ (we had 7), I don’t have much faith in your guild’s counting skills.

Also, tell your D/P Thieves that they are terrible, thanks.

[AoN] All or Nothing