FOW/WSR/VABBI : Bronze League week 7

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dave.6189

Dave.6189

@Monkeymonger I think your comment is a little unfair, most of the people playing wvw right now (at least for wsr) are people who are trying to finish their season 1 meta achievement. We have had ques in eb for a lot of prime time which hasnt happened since the start of the season. This means a lot of the people in our maps are looking for trains or trying to form trains to get their achievements done.
When these people see a guild team that they recognise or are known to get a lot done they will choose to follow them. Also, there are a lot of pve commanders running around who are pretending to know what they are doing, our dedicated wvw community isn’t going to follow these so will probably end up in the same area as the guild teams or will try to follow them instead.
And hell, when you have so many people on a map its pretty hard not to be in the same place as other people. What do you expect them to do? Just decide that there a lot of pugs here so better stop defending this keep/tower or stop the attempt at trying to siege this place? Not the best attitude to have when we are trying to get more people to be active in our wvw community.
Especially considering (currently) wsr is in first place, after a long time of either being second or more commonly last, who wouldnt want to work hard at trying to finish first?
I’m a fan of fair fights as much as the next person, but realistically unless organised in advanced this is almost never going to happen. (assuming the reason why you brought it up is because you are finding it hard to find the right sized group of pugs to kill and make videos of?)
I may have taken your light hearted jest at two guilds a little too seriously and dont get me wrong I am a fan of the videos the vabbian guilds produce, I’m just not a fan of people passive aggressively insulting guilds on the forum.
A screen shot is included to sum up wsr eb as of this matchup (what my post was originally going to be about).
Regardless I have had a lot of fun so far and hope it continues ^^

Attachments:

WSR – [DOX]Ulltiar

in Match-ups

Posted by: goldensurfer.8406

goldensurfer.8406

FoW nightcappers.
How can we defend against this. I got a f***ing job I can’t stay up all night to defend…

Maybe we should recruit some amercan guilds to our server to hold at night.

Attachments:

We are the Whiteside Rigde!

(edited by goldensurfer.8406)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

This thread is invalid, almost as invalid as Nubu.

Your mother is invalid !

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in Match-ups

Posted by: thelma.9824

thelma.9824

This thread is invalid, almost as invalid as Nubu.

Your mother is invalid !

:D

Norn mesmer
Jam Death [Jd]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

And hell, when you have so many people on a map its pretty hard not to be in the same place as other people. What do you expect them to do?

Wasn’t going to post this here but it is just to fitting….
I think Monkeymonger is referring to situations like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XtVDNMlr-k
Personally i find such things funny and can amuse myself to no end with it ^^ But it is kinda hard to argue what the reason was for a Commander to behave like that (even and PvE Commander that just leads the Archievmenttrain ).

Actually you have my condolence for having an Archievmenttrain again. Explains WSR sudden big Numbers though ^^ Most Servers only had those in the first weeks of league makes WSR kinda unique.

And here are some Fights against FoW and WSR Zergs from yesterday including the Hillfight that made me sad!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYjk8Bh9kfA

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nefejrangh.2584

Nefejrangh.2584

Some action from yesterday night : http://youtu.be/yTx2MjszcRY

in Match-ups

Posted by: sofired.6071

sofired.6071

Lol good job FOW night-shift.

WSR – GW2’s #1 ranked server that starts with a W.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I think Monkeymonger is referring to situations like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XtVDNMlr-k

Possibly.. I think he was more likely referring to hills in FoW where there was a fight marker at the inner gate, while a somewhat large guild group was stood on the wall (not blobbing, 10m gap!)

Or even the loss of Garrison at the end of the night, where it seemed like the entirity of FoW had turned up, there was 3 guild groups in amongst those pugs

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

Look mah, I’m on teh interwebz

Gunnar’s Hold · Draugur [Drgr] Brimhorn and yes I have a pink quaggan backpack

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dave.6189

Dave.6189

@Jathres I was actually there for that first video (although I wasnt chasing you or taking part in the fight at all, was just watching to see how your team handled it ^^) Had no idea they chased you so far and for so long. Can understand why you would get pretty frustrated with that. Maybe its because your guild tags have become quite infamous on our server.
The reason the zerg was there was because fow had made a mess of our border, guess you just got caught by the end of the clean up crew.

And yes, I am baffled as to why we have achievement trains again but hey, guess WSR is just a little bit different I’m sure by midweek we will be back to our usual smaller numbers.

WSR – [DOX]Ulltiar

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

With all due respect, the JD zerg doesn’t exactly stop to count either.
Countless times i’ve been chased down by JD members and often than not, more than 4.

I guess when people see a tag they’ve been zerged by, they don’t think “Lets give this guy an even fight.”

well i might missinterpret what you said, but in my opinion we never chase roaming groups for long unless we’re actually on them and killing them, like at reset for example and you were at bay and we kinda zerged you, or even when you were taking the camp, thing is, more often than not, we are the only group in the whole bl, we can’t really afford letting any roaming group run around freely in such case, but i don’t think we’ve ever chased you like these pugs guys in jathres vid. then when it comes to solo players we’re mostly just messing around, like “oh look, it’s freyn, get him!!”, of course it’s a different vision of things on the other side. thing is, i don’t want us to look like a zerg guilds and it seems to me that’s what this post is aiming at. we also had some rather fair fights with [imp] and it was really fun, you saw (i hope) that we don’t attack only with larger numbers, i just wanted to share my opinion on the whole thing ^^

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

“oh look, it’s freyn, get him!!”

Don’t worry, I certainly noticed :P

we also had some rather fair fights with [imp]

Not wanting to start an argument, but just like to say other than when its 4 or so people, I don’t think we’ve ever had a fair fight with you :P We’ve only had more than 7 people in WvW twice during the leagues

Last night:
Hills was just.. frustrating. We were looking forward to fighting the 25+ pugs at the inner, just waiting for the last 2 of our group to arrive… when Jd appear and start stacking up on the wall, turning it into more than 40 with a guild stack included.

At bay we arrived to see FoW and WSR inside and thought “Awesome!”, we were pretty outnumbered so the idea of a 3rd server to draw attention was welcome. So we started trying to break south inner (we didn’t particularly fancy trying to come out the water into a stack at the north) and then WSR port out >.> leaving us alone with roughly 3x more enemies (7+Jathres)

Most our guild logged at that point out of boredom, ironically we then found a few fights we could’ve managed in WSR BL but were now lacking ppl. Then ofc, we went to defend Garrison in Vabbi BL and well.. that blob… I don’t even know how to describe it!

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

well i was thinking about saturday when talking about fair fights, when we were running with around 7 people and you attacked us just after we were done fighting a slightly larger group of wsr, seemed pretty even to me :p (as we didn’t even have time to get ooc) but then i didn’t notice if we had pugs joining or stuff like that. also, i can understand the situation to be frustrating and even boring for you, sorry about that, then again i wasn’t there but i guess [jd] came for a reason, like people calling for ennemy zerg and such, we tend to move a lot and rather quickly (well, most of the time). We never had a really zergy mentality due to the fact that we had very small numbers of people for very long, we’ve just gained a lot of new members recently due to certain WvW guilds losing people, we tend to avoid running with other large groups, i think you’re seeing the worst out of us, which we don’t want to.

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

(edited by Gizmorage.6412)

in Match-ups

Jathres.7236

Can understand why you would get pretty frustrated with that.

I am really not. I’m honestly enjoying such situations because they are so absurd ^^

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

FoW nightcappers.
How can we defend against this. I got a f***ing job I can’t stay up all night to defend…

To be fair, FoW usually has more numbers during the week and when we’re being outnumbered by other servers (kudos to Vabbi and more so to WSR for pulling those zergs out of the magic hat, kitten ed impressive) our night teams work extremely hard to try pull us ahead a bit.

Whilst I’m sure we do have some American players, I can safely say that we also have many European players that play late at night. I myself have done it a few times (not this week though) and I have to get up at 6-7 am with my daughter the next day.

Edit: H’uh, I really didn’t think the word I used above would be censored. Oh well.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

(edited by psizone.8437)

in Match-ups

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

It’s people like you who unbalance tiers, Oh you lost some stuff in a weak timezone? boohoo get over it. You’re first, Do you really think holding everything 24/7 is going to be enjoyable for you?

Nightcapping guilds in tier 9, what a joke.

Just to add, “Nightcapping” is just as much a part of the game as primetime capping, morning capping, afternoon capping and whatever else you want to call it. All 3 of our servers have done it to each other before, So just get over it honestly.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

(edited by x Charlie.4820)

in Match-ups

x Charlie.4820

With all due respect, the JD zerg doesn’t exactly stop to count either.
Countless times i’ve been chased down by JD members and often than not, more than 4.

I guess when people see a tag they’ve been zerged by, they don’t think “Lets give this guy an even fight.”

well i might missinterpret what you said, but in my opinion we never chase roaming groups for long unless we’re actually on them and killing them, like at reset for example and you were at bay and we kinda zerged you, or even when you were taking the camp, thing is, more often than not, we are the only group in the whole bl, we can’t really afford letting any roaming group run around freely in such case, but i don’t think we’ve ever chased you like these pugs guys in jathres vid. then when it comes to solo players we’re mostly just messing around, like “oh look, it’s freyn, get him!!”, of course it’s a different vision of things on the other side. thing is, i don’t want us to look like a zerg guilds and it seems to me that’s what this post is aiming at. we also had some rather fair fights with [imp] and it was really fun, you saw (i hope) that we don’t attack only with larger numbers, i just wanted to share my opinion on the whole thing ^^

I never claimed you only attacked with larger numbers i know we’ve had some good fights. I claimed that sometimes your guild members (Perhaps not you specifically) will chase solo roamers. I have had JD members chase me down like the pugs in the video and I’ve had people i’ve been partyed with say “Jd still chasing me” numerous times over long distances (Not my guildmates.)

I just find it a little weird, Can’t really claim a guild won’t give fair fights coz they killed you 4v1 (again not you you, but your guildmates). JD have done the same. Ok you assume you’re the only guys in the BL so you just kill the solo roamers, What was Tech to do in that situation then? Stand in line and wait for 1v1s? Because i’ve not seen anyone do this, so i guess nobody gives “Fair” fights then >_>

The point i was trying to make it that people shouldn’t complain about other peoples guilds giving unfair fights, When their guild does it too.

Edit: Really don’t care who chases me, I find it somewhat amusing most of the time.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

“All is fair in love and war.”

/flaming

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

not talking about the solo roamers actually, more about groups of roamers :p. this reset for example we really were the only group in fow bl, as the rest of people were mostly in eb. the moira-tech drama is not really the point, it all started with vael saying how they ninja’d our stuff with 5 people while we failed a few times taking their upgraded garrison with a waypoint in it and people regularly coming in. it sounded strangely like gloating but maybe i’m seeing evil everywhere. much easier to take stuff when there’s nobody around, right?
ps: plus i think moira was more speaking about the WAY they chased her, shadow refuge, stacking and all ^^ it’s a bit over the top

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Jathres.7236

More drama pretty please! Thread is still boring compared to last week :p

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Nubu.6148

Sin made a video !

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in Match-ups

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

Sin made a video !

Yeah, keyboard turning is still on I noticed

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

Sin made a video !

need… see… shinyyyyy

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

More drama pretty please! Thread is still boring compared to last week :p

i tried to find good ways to tell you how much BNF sucks and how my server is better than yours but i just can’t get to HIS level :p

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ravenous.2356

Ravenous.2356

Moving on from the boring topics, i’d like to thank few people from [Myr] – if i recall correctly, for fun duels last night. xd

Hope there’ll be lots of people for the dueling event on thursday, since last week was so much fun.

And if anyone wants to have some fun with me, feel free to pm me ingame. I’m mostly on after 6/7pm GMT +1.

Rythern Tearclaw, Charr Warrior
[Imp] – Impact Eu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tzuuu.2781

Tzuuu.2781

Thanks for the duels Mr. OP necro ;p

Pink Demon of Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe ):

in Match-ups

x Charlie.4820

not talking about the solo roamers actually, more about groups of roamers :p. this reset for example we really were the only group in fow bl, as the rest of people were mostly in eb. the moira-tech drama is not really the point, it all started with vael saying how they ninja’d our stuff with 5 people while we failed a few times taking their upgraded garrison with a waypoint in it and people regularly coming in. it sounded strangely like gloating but maybe i’m seeing evil everywhere. much easier to take stuff when there’s nobody around, right?
ps: plus i think moira was more speaking about the WAY they chased her, shadow refuge, stacking and all ^^ it’s a bit over the top

I was refering to solo roamers, as thats what i was responding to.

As for buffing it happens, Jd have stacked might for half numbers too…. No point complaining about it.

The tech-moira drama is the whole purpose of why i posted, because you can’t claim a guild doesn’t give fair fights based on you being killed 4v1. Otherwise i can claim that of Jd. That is the point i was making.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

good point, i always yell FIRE FIELD FIRE FIELD! VEILVEILVEIL! when i see a solo roamer, you never know, they might get these dollies and turn the whole tide of the matchup :p
alright i stop ^^, looking forward to the duel event though, expecting to see some familiar faces there haha

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

good point, i always yell FIRE FIELD FIRE FIELD! VEILVEILVEIL! when i see a solo roamer, you never know, they might get these dollies and turn the whole tide of the matchup :p
alright i stop ^^, looking forward to the duel event though, expecting to see some familiar faces there haha

Much as you are joking.. it really does happen.. >.>

Currently @ Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

In a former matchup (months ago) i once got portalbombed by ~10 people. Getting chased 4v1 by Jd is nothing against that :P

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

Much as you are joking.. it really does happen.. >.>

for real? hahaha, man that would feel so absurd :p

In a former matchup (months ago) i once got portalbombed by ~10 people. Getting chased 4v1 by Jd is nothing against that :P

i laughed when reading this, was imagining the situation ^^

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

thelma.9824

Don’t worry, I’ve been portal bombed by Vabbi too, in EB near the blue keep (not this matchup though but I guess I have that coming now too). Personally, if I’m with some guild mates, I don’t go and chase down lonely people. I think it’s pathetic.. and usually I’m just too slow to do that anyway!

Jeesh, all this drama because I lol’d at some of Tech for leaving a cap because of a troll Jd PU mesmer. Just for the record, I don’t think I’m the only one using this “OP” build. “OP” because Mr. OP necro from Imp just slaughtered me several times, showing that there are builds that kill enemies more efficiently than a PU condition build. Thanks for the duels even though I weren’t any threat to you really.

Moira-Tech drama I knew I should have lol’d only in guild chat.. this is ridiculous and from now on I shall keep all the funny moments to myself.

Norn mesmer
Jam Death [Jd]

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

is Mr OP necro referring to rorik or is there a necro i didn’t hear about running around? :p

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

is Mr OP necro referring to rorik or is there a necro i didn’t hear about running around? :p

Yeah, although both aren’t doing themselves justice. Most duels were a lot closer than they like to think!
I still lose quite a lot of duels against pu mesmers, but i get a lot of practice. Roaming or dueling necros are a bit more rare.

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

ah, well, same for me, i actually kinda sucks against necros (well ventari was a challenge haha), i’ll fight you with pleasure, as it’ll be a really good practice
and yeah, gotta love these sneaky PU mesmers stealthing all the time :p

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

x Charlie.4820

Just for the record, I don’t think I’m the only one using this “OP” build. “OP” because Mr. OP necro from Imp just slaughtered me several times, showing that there are builds that kill enemies more efficiently than a PU condition build.

Necro is the one hard counter to a PU condition build. Other than that PU will pretty much tear apart any power speced character, any melee character and give condi characters a run for their money if they have the correct utilitys.

Also i agree some necro builds are way out of hand, dhuumfire being one. Nerfed in spvp already but sadly not in wvw >.<

Moira-Tech drama

Only refer to it as this coz your guildy did, I don’t see any drama really i was just trying to get a point across and felt since he already used the term. That i’d use it to better explain what i was talking about.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tzuuu.2781

Tzuuu.2781

Other than that PU will pretty much tear apart any power speced character, any melee character and give condi characters a run for their money if they have the correct utilitys.

Power-specced phantasm builds can tear PU mesmers apart.

Pink Demon of Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe ):

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

alright, i might have badly used the word drama, i meant it ironically, but that may not have been the right term here, i find it hard to find my words sometimes. guess you got the idea anyway ^^
now back to our subjects, what makes PU so strong actually, it’s only a trait that gives some boons during stealth no? doesn’t sound so overpowering to me

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

1 point between WSR/FoW :o

… bet they get that point by bullying Vabbi :P

Attachments:

Currently @ Piken Square

in Match-ups

x Charlie.4820

Other than that PU will pretty much tear apart any power speced character, any melee character and give condi characters a run for their money if they have the correct utilitys.

Power-specced phantasm builds can tear PU mesmers apart.

Nah no way, clones die too quick. I ran condi before the PU buff (Without PU) and phantasm mesmers went down pretty easy. You’d have to take 2 utility slots just for cleansing and even then you’d still be at a disadvantage tbh.

I never lost to a power speced mesmer at duel event when i ran condi and that was when phantasm mesmer was fotm >_>

Edit: Perplexity has also been added since then, aswell as the PU buff.

alright, i might have badly used the word drama, i meant it ironically, but that may not have been the right term here, i find it hard to find my words sometimes. guess you got the idea anyway ^^
now back to our subjects, what makes PU so strong actually, it’s only a trait that gives some boons during stealth no? doesn’t sound so overpowering to me

The fact that you can get regen, aegis and protection everytime you stealth is crazy overpowered. May i also add this isnt just your stealths, a thief refuges you, You can get like a 15sec regen and protection….

Our stealths are on such short cooldowns, 30 sec and 24 being the lowest. The reason its so op with condi is because you can keep a high amount of regen and protection up whilst applying cripple, blind, bleed, burn, weakness, vun and you don’t even have to attack. You can just dodge and apply this against certain classes who don’t have single target attacks/viable builds. It’s a passive play build, you don’t actually have to do anything. It was the same with spirit ranger and beastmaster builds, Dodge attack while pet/spirits do damage (I know spirits don’t do direct damage apart from one of them, but the burn you and your pet apply with it do.) Thats why they was nerfed, anet didn’t want passive play builds to be better than other builds.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

I don’t understand this drama here. I’m a roamer in small groups or solo most of the time but when I’m online to run with the guild, I absolutely enjoy smashing enemies. 20 of us destroying one guy? I have to mute Vent when we do this because I’m laughing like a maniac
Don’t tell me I’m the only one who enjoys this???
Seriously though, Psy always rages on Vent when some of the group chase after one or two roamers. It’s just the roamer instincts kicking in in some of us

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in Match-ups

thelma.9824

Noo.. I.. must.. post.. more! If they added condi clear while in stealth and 30% increased movement speed, then PU would be OP.

Roye, thanks for muting your mic

Norn mesmer
Jam Death [Jd]

in Match-ups

Ravenous.2356

Noo.. I.. must.. post.. more! If they added condi clear while in stealth and 30% increased movement speed, then PU would be OP.

Roye, thanks for muting your mic

If they added Moa on crit warrs would be op as well.
Oh wait..

[Imp] – Impact Eu

in Match-ups

Nubu.6148

If they ad a interupt on scepter AA it would be really OP!

Btw im always up for duells .

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

alright, that’s it, give me fear on scepter autoattack and i’ll feel balanced!

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Ravenous.2356

10 seconds stability on weapon swap, problem?

[Imp] – Impact Eu

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

HA! corrupt stability on fear! who’s your daddy!

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Jathres.7236

Warbanner rezz on AA. I’m your Daddy!

Jathres BNF
Piken Square

in Match-ups

Ravenous.2356

Don’t be silly jathres, we all know warriors have stealth on AA.

Warbanner rezz is on dodge.

[Imp] – Impact Eu

in Match-ups

Gizmorage.6412

Warbanner rezz on AA. I’m your Daddy!

What can man do against such evil?

“Trust me, i’m a medic”