GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ferawyn.6542

Ferawyn.6542

lol… I spend 90% of my time soloing the map… I am not the most skilled player by a long way but I hold my own.

Hey don’t be so modest suddenly. We know it takes four from us and some camp guards to take you down

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

I’ve personnaly seen many servers, played against many too, but one thing is sure GH you have the worst community ever from an outside point of view…

I’m very sorry you think so

In general we try hard to be friendly, and we have a good relationship with most other servers (ask WSR, RoF, AS, Dzag, and check last week’s matchup thread vs WSR + AS if you don’t believe me!).

I don’t know why it always seems to go so sour with Surmia, but my experience has been that Surmia seem to rub a lot of other servers up the wrong way. A couple of friends on RoS have said to me that they don’t like that no other servers like them but they have some vocal people (Ilesyt before his ban, and the likes of that Meliai fellow) who tend to irritate people and give RoS a bad name.

Personally I think there are good and bad on all servers, but we try hard to be friendly and respectful of our opponents.

I’m sorry you’ve not had a fun time, but many of us have – people on all sides have said it’s been a great matchup despite all the crashes. And coming back from 3rd to win is a huge result. While we’re all enjoying it, I don’t think we’ve been particularly gloating or anything. Again, apologies if you feel we have been gloating, and I hope you have a more fun time next week.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

I’ve personnaly seen many servers, played against many too, but one thing is sure GH you have the worst community ever from an outside point of view…

Totally agree.
I’ve ran into lots of good guys from GH, but reading this thread makes me facepalm… a lot.
Atleast to me GH community made a really bad first impression when RoS came into this tier.

edit: The reason may be that GH was bitter when we came to this tier and kinda dominated it, because we had the potential to be 1-2 tiers above after the transfers.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

(edited by Noss.4105)

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zorainda.3495

Zorainda.3495

i don’t care if you succefully win this matchup, i don’t care if you can’t handle yourselves to come here over and over to taunt/flame, you guys have a so high esteem of yourselves this is becoming ridiculous…

One thing is sure, this matchup is definitively boring, imo this is one of the worst matchup i’ve played, no guildplay, zerg rush, blobs everywhere, and kiddies arguing on forums…

You can take this like you want, but this is just my personnal opinions: this matchup sucks, and i’ve never seen yet a server with such rotten behaviours.

It’s not called rotten behaviours or high self esteem, it’s called sticking up together through wins and through losses, on our forums and on these threads here.

It’s called knowing our weaknesses (more pugs than WvW focused guilds, low morning numbers) , accepting the slaps (dropping tiers) and trying to fight back all over again (this week).

It’s called not making alliances with other servers, not calling for more recruitments on even matchups, not having the win-at-all costs mentality (you’d probably see us still happy even if we came third this matchup, as long as we had succeeded in closing the huge gap of past matchups -which we did).

I am sorry this matchup might have been boring for you as NOM officer (and anyone who agrees with you). Everyone else seemed to be happy we had a close matchup for once and were mainly bothered about the crashes towards the end of it. Thanks for proving that for some (hoping a minority) crashes were never the issue , but perhaps the lack of an easy win which was apparent from reset.

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Atleast to me GH community made a really bad first impression when RoS came into this tier.

edit: The reason may be that GH was bitter when we came to this tier and kinda dominated it, because we had the potential to be 1-2 tiers above after the transfers.

We weren’t bitter because we were losing or anything, we were sad that a fun, even tier had been completely imbalanced for what seemed like selfish reasons.

Sorry if that made a bad impression on you at the time, but we just made our feelings heard. Apologies if any of it offended or bothered you.

This week we’ve been really complimentary towards the other servers and the matchup has been really even and right down to the wire. We’re just being consistent – we like fun, even matchups!

A few days ago and a few pages back there was even a spate of mass love for the other servers. At the time it looked like we were going to lose, we didn’t mind, we’d had a good time and were being pushed hard by lots of strong play from both RoS and Dz.

Serious constructive question – what would you like us to do differently that would change your opinion of us as a community?

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moturdrn.2837

Moturdrn.2837

Sorry if that made a bad impression on you at the time, but we just made our feelings heard. Apologies if any of it offended or bothered you.

This, although certain players on RoS didn’t exactly do themselves any favours in that thread either in other eyes too.

Personally I don’t mind, the back and forth is part of it. Crashes aside I’ve actually had an enjoyable matchup with quite a few chances at 1v1s this week

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Visko Bludhaven – Level 80 Human Elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

(edited by Moturdrn.2837)

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

Blablabla 10pages of blablabla i’m better than you blablabla my dad is a fireman blablabla….

Seriously if i could resume this matchup : this week had been horrible lags/kicks/siege weapons desappearing/nasty blobs…

i don’t care if you succefully win this matchup, i don’t care if you can’t handle yourselves to come here over and over to taunt/flame, you guys have a so high esteem of yourselves this is becoming ridiculous…

One thing is sure, this matchup is definitively boring, imo this is one of the worst matchup i’ve played, no guildplay, zerg rush, blobs everywhere, and kiddies arguing on forums…

You can take this like you want, but this is just my personnal opinions: this matchup sucks, and i’ve never seen yet a server with such rotten behaviours.

Congratz if you win this matchup (i really mean it, you had many motivated players this week), and i hope the new ladder system will make us never face you guys ever again…

GL & HF

Well i did read your post but then i just carried on living my life

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Cheers. Don’t know if I’ve been in any of the fights this week against you personally but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed facing RoS and Dz this week, I’ve had a great time (except last night, which was almost unplayable, but thats ArenaNet, not RoS or Dz’s fault)

Sorry you’re having a rubbish time, maybe the new server-matching system will work better for your own preferred style of play.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

Every server has it’s fair share of kittens you shouldn’t lump the whole community together based on what individuals post. Yes there has been insults and bragging but there has also been compliments and positive stuff too.

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Calm down its only NOM …

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Votf were awesome, so was xxx. Riot and Vcy are at their level also.

Apart from the tactics, let’s not forget that they each brought 30+ guys onto the field.

@Jimmy, here you had the post were someone said XxX brought 30+

:D I wouldn’t worry, Svart has a reputation for his inability to correctly calculate numbers.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Ive personally loved this matchup. The guild has come so far so fast and its made it all the more fun. ROS are an extremely fun server to fight against as are Dzago. Next week will be just as fun and i imagine we will be focused a bit due to how this has ended but bring it on and make sure you drop us some good loot!

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Totally agree.
I’ve ran into lots of good guys from GH, but reading this thread makes me facepalm… a lot.

To both of these comments – I can’t exactly say that RoS made the best impression ever either. The entire first week was just one massive “Omg you blob”/“We came for good fights but you suck” rant.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Serious constructive question – what would you like us to do differently that would change your opinion of us as a community?

Respect our efforts and stop the flaming. I do have respect to GH, as they seem to be tight community and stand together. But you can still do that while respecting your enemies.
I’m not saying RoS has any better manners in forums at the moment. Maybe this mostly rotten relationship can’t be fixed

I personally don’t care that much what’s going on here, as long the fights in game are good. And that they have been.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

As current morning tick shows, RoS only scores points from pvdoor in the morning hours. Yet somehow this is fairplay and all above board to only attack when we have very few players online and to do it day after day. Yet somehow losing points when everyone is suffering disconnects is worse

The fact is Gunnars was going all out last night as score was less than 7k difference, disconnects was coincidental. Gunnars and Dzag have beaten RoS in primetime all week, and the only thing that has kept RoS from finishing rock bottom is morning caps. Mos Matchup score analysis for the week speaks for itself.

i personally find this quite offensive saying that all we do is PvD as i for one have been working my kitten off when commanding to ensure we dont get completly obliterated. the sad truth is for alot of the time this week we have been outmanned in EB and im guessing many people have RL commitments however despite all of this pressure and such it has been a fun and challenging matchup which i have learnt alot from….

Dont worry, we on RoS appreciate the efforts of you guys in GoA who put up a commander tag and lead. I dont think the other servers we play against realise we often dont have commanders even in EB at times, and we are quite often outmanned.
You guys stepping up to bring a bit of order to our forces on a map has really made a difference.

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

Personally i have respect for GoA as my favourite Surmian player is there. Itsmee

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Respect our efforts and stop the flaming. I do have respect to GH, as they seem to be tight community and stand together. But you can still do that while respecting your enemies.

Thanks for the answer! Speaking personally I do always try to be respectful and not to flame, and I know a lot of others in the community try the same.

On the whole this weeks thread has been much more civil and respectful than last time we met, and compliments have flown both ways between the servers – rightly so because there’s been great play on all sides.

Of course we’ll always have those who like to fire off some flame blasts on the forums, but we will continue to try and cultivate a respectful culture. We regularly talk on our own site about keeping ourselves restrained here and not generating drama.

Like you say the important part is the fun fights, and there have been plenty of those this week

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rhymelark.4396

Rhymelark.4396

Had a fun week. Bit sad that the end was marred with the dc’s.

Air from RoS I’ve been meaning to ask. You guys seem to play well but seem a bit squishy do a lot of your members not use PVT armour. Cause I think if you start to all switch to it you will really be a nice group to fight in open field.

Dzag you have really taught us to watch out for your retaliation stacking. XD. Lords we have hit you so many times this week to find most of our health gone in the first second.

Looking forward to some more great fights next week.

My sword is big enough to back my big mouth.
[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Rhymelark.4396)

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

@Jimmy, here you had the post were someone said XxX brought 30+

Ah yes. Ignore Svart though.

Can confirm we know XxX don’t fight with anything that’s not ~15

Hello Mr Pot…

I’m not saying RoS has any better manners in forums at the moment. Maybe this mostly rotten relationship can’t be fixed

I personally don’t care that much what’s going on here, as long the fights in game are good. And that they have been.

We respect you guys on the battlefield. You have some excellent guilds who always give a good fight. The original Surmians have really improved since we last faced. On the field we have no complaints… certainly I haven’t seen any unsavory incidents barring one TS alliance. It’s been refreshing coming from two weeks of fighting AS who like their exploits.

However you guys have a way of rubbing us up the wrong way on here, and I think that mainly stems from our first matchup after your mass transfers. Not to mention the attitude the large number of forumers you have/have had who at the first slight change to the meta jump down the throats of Anet with constant whining.

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Rhymelark.4396

Actually played the count Count song from sesame street for Swarty last night to help with the counting XD

[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Poor ol’ Svart, he has been taking a bit of a beating on voice comms lately.

This is of course completely hypocrtical as I’m one of the people giving him a hard time

Midnight Mayhem

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sandro.3694

Sandro.3694

Some of you still have this " omg we are so angry against RoS so we should badmouth everyone on forums, and at least insult each one of thoose kittens…"

Even in my post i’ve said you’ve done a great week, and nobody can denied it, but since the beginning of this post it’s :

RoS random players : omg you guys are so blobbing/zerging/noobs…
GH random players : omg you guys are so noob, we are facerolling you guys with uber strategy teamplay ( 60+ players running together)

keep going on the hate train, this is surely for the best -_-

Keep talking about “the mass transfers”, seriously in 2 months you will still talk about that (the transfers happened like 1month ago now ….).

Keep bragging on forums and insulting each guild of RoS of kittens/elitist kittens/etc…

Even when people come here to ask if you guys are having issues in-game, the first answer will be " stop looking for excuses noobs we are so leet" calm down guys, for a personnal note we (NOM’s) couldn’t even play yesterday since we were all kicked from WvW each time we tried to connect on a map….

Day after day, post after post the same result will come : you are definitively the least enjoyable people i’ve played against, and for a french guy to tell this, when you know how rotten the french community can be…

This is kind of an achievements for you guys ! Congratz

Dungeon Gaming – http://getdungeon.com

(edited by Sandro.3694)

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

This is hardly a one way thing. Even your post itself is showing a manner of hatred.

The hate train started long before the recent transfers, and I cannot say I speak for GH (and will not say it) but RoS are also the least enjoyable opponent for me, due to that very reason.

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

(edited by Neandramathal.9536)

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Air from RoS I’ve been meaning to ask. You guys seem to play well but seem a bit squishy do a lot of your members not use PVT armour. Cause I think if you start to all switch to it you will really be a nice group to fight in open field.

Dzag you have really taught us to watch out for your retaliation stacking. XD. Lords we have hit you so many times this week to find most of our health gone in the first second.

Most of our guys dont use squishy builds, but we might seem squishy, because we are normally 6 people, while you guys engange us with 15+ or 20+ normally^^ Might be a reasonable solution.
I know one of our guardians still dont got full exo gear as he just got that alt to 80. But we’re working on it

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Sandro.3694

This is hardly a one way thing. Even your post itself is showing a manner of hatred.

Don’t care :/ at least i’m not insulting you guys. Next time should i ask your autorisation to give my point of view ?

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Once again , its only NOM . xD

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pyranna.2054

Pyranna.2054

Have had alot of fun this week, some great fights all round.

Hopefully the disconnects are fixed for reset (everybody has been having the exact same issues) was almost a game in itself last night trying to avoid the crash spots xD

Kharz Halfheart – Necro
The Soul Slayers [SLAY]
FarShiver Peaks

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Neandramathal.9536

Don’t care :/ at least i’m not insulting you guys. Next time should i ask your autorisation to give my point of view ?

I just wondered what the purpose of it was? “I hate you guys, you’re all so angry and spread so much hate!” … it may as well be saying “NO U!”.

There are people who will be aggressive on every server, and plenty of them. Majority of people enjoying the game will be too busy playing to even post on the forums to begin with so it’s natural it will be mostly negative comments, with the odd exception of “Good fun tonight” before people log off.

I’ve only been in game for a total of 3 hours this week, so I’m speaking purely from reading the thread and not the goings on in game and hence will not comment on disconnects or who had more or any other such win/loss excuses.

Currently @ Piken Square

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Sandro.3694

No purpose whatsoever, and i don’t have special grieff against any of you guys, just telling this week wasn’t fun imo.

Now if you wan’t to summon me to court for giving my opinions…

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zgorzel.4902

Zgorzel.4902

No purpose whatsoever, and i don’t have special grieff against any of you guys, just telling this week wasn’t fun imo.

Hmm, we get a very balanced and close match and You don’t think it’s fun…

Would a match where Your server is having twice as many points as other two servers be more to Your liking? If so I really recommend Blacktide.

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Rhymelark.4396

Most of our guys dont use squishy builds, but we might seem squishy, because we are normally 6 people, while you guys engange us with 15+ or 20+ normally^^ Might be a reasonable solution.
I know one of our guardians still dont got full exo gear as he just got that alt to 80. But we’re working on it

Yeah quite a few time we outnumbered you at least 2 to one but the few time it was even you seemed squishy. May have been pugs whose tag I did not notice running with you then that made up the numbers though. Hope you get some more players in your guild since I look forward to fighting you guys on even footing

[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Roo Stercogburn.9671

No need for a court. There’s next week’s matchup. Trial by combat. You can be the Gorn

Midnight Mayhem

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Some of you still have this " omg we are so angry against RoS so we should badmouth everyone on forums, and at least insult each one of thoose kittens…"

Even in my post i’ve said you’ve done a great week, and nobody can denied it, but since the beginning of this post it’s :

RoS random players : omg you guys are so blobbing/zerging/noobs…
GH random players : omg you guys are so noob, we are facerolling you guys with uber strategy teamplay ( 60+ players running together)

keep going on the hate train, this is surely for the best -_-

Keep talking about “the mass transfers”, seriously in 2 months you will still talk about that (the transfers happened like 1month ago now ….).

Keep bragging on forums and insulting each guild of RoS of kittens/elitist kittens/etc…

Even when people come here to ask if you guys are having issues in-game, the first answer will be " stop looking for excuses noobs we are so leet" calm down guys, for a personnal note we (NOM’s) couldn’t even play yesterday since we were all kicked from WvW each time we tried to connect on a map….

Day after day, post after post the same result will come : you are definitively the least enjoyable people i’ve played against, and for a french guy to tell this, when you know how rotten the french community can be…

This is kind of an achievements for you guys ! Congratz

Since you first posted we’ve apologised for your not having a good time and for any offence you’ve taken from the forums. We’ve had a fairly constructive chat about how we can repair relations between our servers, and we’ve been nothing but complimentary to all the Surmia guilds.

Again – sorry you’re not having a good time. Hope you have a more fun week next week

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Sandro.3694

Hmm, we get a very balanced and close match and You don’t think it’s fun…

Would a match where Your server is having twice as many points as other two servers be more to Your liking? If so I really recommend Blacktide.

I really recommend you to play ROME next-time, you will definitively have this feel of zerg that you like so much…

See, i too can say high and mighty bullcrap -_-

@Hyung.6140 thanks, GL & HF for next week matchup, hope meantime Anet will fix their servers.

(edited by Sandro.3694)

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: ZStefanovic.2475

ZStefanovic.2475

Was an interesting week, plenty of fights on reset but during the week it calmed down a bit too much for my taste. Did usually manage to find some good action on EB though.

Shout out to RiOT for the GvG!

On to the next week, hope to see more of the guilds on Dzag.

And as allways, contact me for GvG’s if you haven’t already.

Former [FURY] – Farming Orr since 1802
my stream: http://twitch.tv/Para_Streaming
All names start with Para

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zorainda.3495

Zorainda.3495

You have a very nice way of twisting things. You say you never insulted anyone, yet your posts are full of hatred, calling people “kiddies” , “worst community”, “rotten” and insulting a server on its whole.

No , you didn’t just post your personal thoughts about how enjoyable or how boring this matchup was for you, you directly attacked everyone and expressed your personal view on the players rather than the game, while accusing them for doing the same (aka insulting opposite players etc.)

Yet, when people here answered to you , and most were surprisingly polite to your little lecture of how horrible we are, you turn around and victimize yourself with this sentence "now if you want to summon me to court for giving my opinions…’.

If direct insults blindly to everyone of GH is your personal view of us, fine, but then acknowledge everyone else the right to post whatever they want as well, regardless if you consider what they say as “insults”.

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

Balanced match is a bit of a stretch. The points are certainly balanced, but you must understand that we have the outmanned buff on 3 out of 4 maps during primetime.
We are more then happy to fight any guild, but with this taken into consideration, we often find ourselves fighting 3 or even 4 guilds at once which always ends one way.
Points are even, but the match isn’kittens even because we are spreading our forces, not across different maps, but different timezones.

I’ve said ot before, there are some guilds on GH that I really like, but generally GH playes to defensively for my taste. Upgrade, siege up and bunker down is a very common. Even when fighting against a force that outmans us, they usually turn to a tower or keep and bunker down.
This is my experience, and it may be a gross misrepresentation.

Sif Urkraft

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Irxallis.7350

Irxallis.7350

I would like to thank Surmia and Dzagonur a lot, for very good fights. Both those I won, and those I died at. Mostly for those where you taught me something new.

Some notable moments from many:

RoS:

- RiOT:
I managed to have some 1 vs 1, 3 vs 3… basically, many small-scale fights I like a lot.
I spoke with some of you and I hope we will meet again on the battlefield – you guys are really, really good and nice :-). I am learning a lot from fighting you.
/bow

- GoA:
When I see GoA tag, I know the fight will be interesting :-).
That asura mesmer in the Godsword at Saturday…
S/F + Staff mesmer. Attacking a Sw/F + Sc/Sw mesmer and a thief. He could have ran away to Gods at any moment. He decided to stay and fight. AND the fight against him, 2 vs 1, was surprisingly long and hard.
/bow

- FRS:
The ranger, in Hero camp I have had the pleasure to duel. The fight took about 3 minutes and I only won because I got a bit luckier.
/bow

The Legend (by rank, can’t recall anything more – warrior? Guardian?). Firstly, you stopped us when we were trying to get Gods. Then, you stalled 4 of us from taking the tower for a REALLY long time. At 1 vs 4, until some reinforcements came. And many, many more situations. You are a force to reckon with.
/bow

Dzagonur:

- BNF:
I travel in the pack of 3-5. When I see 3-4 of you, I know we will lose the fight (as for now, we have never beaten BNF in equal fight or even at a bit superior numbers), but the fight will be something to look at later and learn. Eventually, I will devise a way to be able to stand against you and give you a good fight :-).
/bow

- Order of Old Tyria (?) and Orb (?) (not 100% sure here, might have mistaken, sorry):
You are very strong players and seems you communicate very well. Moving in small teams, guarding the southern camps, incredible reaction time. Deadly and efficient. Some memorable fights against you.
/bow.

Gracious thanks,
A roaming mesmer (mostly accompanied by a charr thief and / or a sylvari ranger)
from GH.

~Eirill Zarkandor, [MM] mesmer from Gunnar’s Hold

https://www.youtube.com/user/IrxallisGaming/videos

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

XxX don’t run more than 20. It’s a shame they moved back to Gandara since they seemed to be in great shape the last time i visited gunnars. They deserve a lot more attention.

Ahw Fluffy thanks for saying that =) Ill visit you soon for more scary riddles, and we can have a tea party with Fab!

For those who do not know why we went back to Gandara I shall make a short explanation. RoS is a great server, but the tier simply did not satisfy us. Fighting Gunnars Hold was a lot of fun, many great guilds like SOE, PRXM Cry Havoc and all the other I forgot ( sorry). But we are a roaming guild, and the two weeks when Gunnars was not in our tier, we experienced the low population effects. We had to run to many circles in hope of finding a battle. And we grow bored due to that.

For that reason we have decided to move back to Gandara, the blobs might be huge there but we will have more action.

I saw some talking about our numbers, so Ill tell you, we had about 23 member in RoS, and ran with about 10-15 a night, and a unicorn.

For Gunnars, with Anet stating stupid things as “How will RoS far against Gandara”, who knows we might meet again in the future!, though for overall population difference I hope not.

VoTF

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Sandro.3694

Balanced match is a bit of a stretch. The points are certainly balanced, but you must understand that we have the outmanned buff on 3 out of 4 maps during primetime.
We are more then happy to fight any guild, but with this taken into consideration, we often find ourselves fighting 3 or even 4 guilds at once which always ends one way.
Points are even, but the match isn’kittens even because we are spreading our forces, not across different maps, but different timezones.

I’ve said ot before, there are some guilds on GH that I really like, but generally GH playes to defensively for my taste. Upgrade, siege up and bunker down is a very common. Even when fighting against a force that outmans us, they usually turn to a tower or keep and bunker down.

^ This is surelly the most smartest thing said today

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Nah I think it’s a pretty fair assessment. It stems from our history though… we didn’t win a matchup until the new year and fell from T2->T8. We then had a brief rise to T5 and then got hit by a mass exodus and found ourselves completely outmanned again.
For us being able to dominate Prime Time with numbers is a very alien concept and we’ve always had to bunker up to survive.

I’m with you in that I’d much prefer to fight outside the gate than on the wall with siege and range… especially when we have a waypoint. Charge out wipe as many as you can and if you die wp back inside.

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Actually this is a really interesting insight. We should take this on board and see what we can learn from it.

Not that we should give up upgrading and defending… but maybe looking at being more offensive would be a good place for improvement.

… in the matchup, not in the forums of course ;p

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

Thanks :p I remember you from some fight though it can be tricky to remembering mesmer since many have a similar Armorstyle :p
Orb are nice folk and good roamers often running around with our wildmixup of Guilds too.
Order got firegoofy!

We goofed around a bit yesterday and there were quite a few good moments were Enemies proved that they are capable of spontaneous humour

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

My 2 cents about this matchup:
1st.: I dont really care about dzagonur
2nd.: Every matchup of RoS and Gh involved has so much hate in. These 2 servers have too much unpleasant history together and everything turns into hate. For example my comment at the beginning of the match with is removed now.

edit: Of course its not all black and white… for example i watched duel between a surmian and some imp’s and they also challenged me but were always fair and square – those were some of the very few moments in this matchup i actually enjoyed.

Apart from that this matchup had not many joys in it ;( just my opinion but i was not able to enjoy this week. Due to laggs and other things, some are ros intern some not – not going into details here.
Im oping to get out of this tier not because the other two servers are bad or the matchup is not even but because i dont want to fight gunnars for several reasons -again no details becasue i dont want to casue even more hate…

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

(edited by Suspicious Nija.6790)

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

My 2 cents about this matchup:
1st.: I dont really care about dzagonur
2nd.: Every matchup of RoS and Gh involved has so much hate in. These 2 servers have too much unpleasant history together and everything turns into hate. For example my comment at the beginning of the match with is removed now.

I like that you had an actual numbered 2 cents <3

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

i just had to put in the edit … count that as a new post

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: VicisPatronus.5418

VicisPatronus.5418

Although I was unhappy about FIRE leaving for one of our opponents I must give you guys credit for how much you try. You guys always seemed to show up when we were trying to do something. To me it feels like the morale on Surmia is so and so to be honest. Some guilds are fighting very hard, some just seem to not care. And all in all I think that we had more guilds that cared, and were willing to work more together. One thing im a bit surprised about is that I haven’t seen all that many VCY this week. Maybe I’ve been on the wrong borderlands, not sure, but I think it’s only like one time this week I’ve seen around 20 in the same group. Rest of the time it’s been a few running with others.

Commander for [MM] on Gunnars Hold

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

i just had to put in the edit … count that as a new post

Typical Surmian, deliberate provocation and lies ;p (about having exactly 2 cents)

(for anyone reading this who can’t detect jokes that was definitely a joke, I know Nija will get it!)

Your edit was very mysterious though :/

Give me a shout in game if you ever fancy a small fight, we can 1v1 or something if you’re bored.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

(edited by Hyung.6140)

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: VicisPatronus.5418

VicisPatronus.5418

Why there’s “hate” between surmia and gh have 3 major explinations as far as I’m concerned:

1. All the WvW guilds that jumped over to Surmia.
2. Personal conflicts (remember a lot of people on Surmia have been on GH before)
3. Whining on forums.

As far as I’m concerned we don’t have this kind of relationship to any other server. The relation with Dzag and RoF are pretty good imo.

Commander for [MM] on Gunnars Hold

GH-vs-ROS-vs-DZ

in Match-ups

Posted by: ThomasKreshant.6572

ThomasKreshant.6572

Not sure there really is any ‘hate’ between RoS and GH..

There may well be between the tiny handful of people that talk to themselves on these forums (myself included maybe) but the large vast majority of the people on our servers play for fun and I doubt worry about whatever petty arguments we have on here tbh.