HoD/SF/DR : 11/15/2013 : Bronze Week 5

in Match-ups

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

“Get off this server you noob, you cannot play worth kitten. Go somewhere else and play. Leave this server for the real players.”

You cannot see a problem with that?

The only ones I’d want off the server is people who would react like that. Why would someone complain about a newbie? O.o I’d be glad to have more people. And for those that aren’t experienced, you can easily teach.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

There are quite a few proposed solutions out there. I really hope that ArenaNet creates a platform for discussion similar to the December skill balance preview.

There was quite a bit of productive dialogue and I think that the community is getting a better product as a result of it.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Bllade, there is only one problem that I can see with your proposal. Since the spots per server are fixed let us surmise that players A,B, and C are elite players. They want player D to join who is also an elite player but the spots are taken up by new players who are still learning what WvWvW is all about. Those new players are going to be pressured into giving up their spots so the elites can all be together.

A very simple overview but I can guarantee that is what will happen.

That’s why I mentioned the fee to register in the first place. It’s a filter out process while still generating revenue for Arena Net. Players that casually play WvW will not find paying a gem fee to sign up worth it, and they wont.

In that particular case where A,B,C elite players try to force out someone for D player, can’t happen even if they wanted it to, once you sign up it’s in stone. So it’d just be a bunch of wasted crying.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

How to fix the WvW problem:

1. Create new server names or team names specifically for WvW. Current server names stay the same, and WvW still is open for them.

2. Allocate X amount of spots for each server for people to sign up to represent. When spots are full, they close that server of sign-ups. A time-limit listed until sign ups are closed altogether and servers are made live. Charge a fee to sign up on these servers initially.

3. Repeat until all players are allocated among the servers. Servers that aren’t full, the player base is distributed with the other servers.

4. Launch.

5. Population problems fixed.

Be sure to separate servers depending on geographical locations. European, Asian, and NA. NA IP’s cannot sign up for an Asian server; so on so forth.

Prime-times will be consistent, and coverage gaps will be minimized as well as population differences.

It will be up to each team to coordinate and organize against the others.

1: Can you provide a link to where anyone from ANet has ever said that they consider the population balance to be an issue?

The current map limit only exist because of resource constraints, if they could run maps with higher caps, or without caps at all, they would. Imagine how the population imbalance would affect that scenario.

A-Net won’t do any of this stuff because they want WvW to be as big as possible and they’ll address capacity issues and won’t consider smaller worlds.

2: As noted, the hateful people will hate on people and cause friction, and A-Net probably do not want that.

3: This would be a lot better phrased in a GvG context.

Say arenas that guilds/parties can hire out that are inside WvW and count towards your WvW score. Limited places as agreed during hiring, not accessible until another team joins.

If you want the cheap version they don’t even need to do any maps, they can just cordon off the shrines. Open world until two guilds have hired them, and then a pop-up fence and you have your balanced GvG fight with no roamers popping in and WvW objectives built in.

Vote 1, too much coffee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

HOD since beta

in Match-ups

Posted by: alenaoreo.5206

alenaoreo.5206

1. Create new server names or team names specifically for WvW. Current server names stay the same, and WvW still is open for them.

2. Allocate X amount of spots for each server for people to sign up to represent. When spots are full, they close that server of sign-ups. A time-limit listed until sign ups are closed altogether and servers are made live. Charge a fee to sign up on these servers initially.

3. Repeat until all players are allocated among the servers. Servers that aren’t full, the player base is distributed with the other servers.

4. Launch.

Be sure to separate servers depending on geographical locations. European, Asian, and NA. NA IP’s cannot sign up for an Asian server; so on so forth.

Prime-times will be consistent, and coverage gaps will be minimized as well as population differences.

1: Can you provide a link to where anyone from ANet has ever said that they consider the population balance to be an issue?
[cut for space]

Here’s a link of DevonCarver sort of talking about population imbalance and its effects. Basically, the whole thread is about population balance…

[oT] Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

4. Launch.

[cut for space]

Here’s a link of DevonCarver sort of talking about population imbalance and its effects. Basically, the whole thread is about population balance…

Devon’s comments don’t say that population balance is an issue. He says momentum might be a problem. He even asks why people think the score is coupled to population.

Considering ways to decouple score from population makes it pretty clear to me that re-balancing population isn’t on the to do list.

Edit: typo

HOD since beta

(edited by codiac.5642)

in Match-ups

Posted by: yawg.4172

yawg.4172

Not even gonna bother reading most of this thread, but thought I’d jump in and leave a note for once!

So, my small team has been practicing a lot more recently and tonight the 6 of us took Devona’s Rest Keep in EBG! Well, to be fair, there were 2 defenders until the last minute and it’s not exactly a big thing, but….

We broke in, killed a few DR defenders who showed up, killed the Keep Lord and jumped in the circle just as a group of DR showed up (Probably about 4-6? Heat of the moment, couldn’t count). We managed to pull of the capture AT THE SAME TIME DR banner’d their Lord and we got to witness to Keep Lords duking it out xD

(Edit: sorry for the huge resolution…)

Attachments:

Yawg
Ready and Willing Knights [RAWK] Leader – Founding Member (10 Years of GW!)

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Not even gonna bother reading most of this thread, but thought I’d jump in and leave a note for once!

So, my small team has been practicing a lot more recently and tonight the 6 of us took Devona’s Rest Keep in EBG! Well, to be fair, there were 2 defenders until the last minute and it’s not exactly a big thing, but….

We broke in, killed a few DR defenders who showed up, killed the Keep Lord and jumped in the circle just as a group of DR showed up (Probably about 4-6? Heat of the moment, couldn’t count). We managed to pull of the capture AT THE SAME TIME DR banner’d their Lord and we got to witness to Keep Lords duking it out xD

Those keep lords…

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Dota2_AnotherDuel.gif

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

That’s one kittening huge monitor…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Lol…you don’t? Then blind thou art!

“Get off this server you noob, you cannot play worth kitten. Go somewhere else and play. Leave this server for the real players.”

You cannot see a problem with that?

If I saw a problem with it I wouldn’t tell it to all the baddies whenever I’m commanding.

Sincerely,
Detective Miss Winters,
Very Good Detectives [VGD],
We make Devona’s Rest free of crime!

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Match-ups

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

That is an awesome shot.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

That’s one kittening huge monitor…

Or like… 3 inches tall…

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I just want to thank HoD, you have driven all the fairweathers out of WvW on SF.

The lack of queue times have allowed us to actually play alts without fear of switching toons and being stuck in queue, you have busted the bubble of people that still believed that PPT in WvW is anything more than a coverage measuring device.

I wish we could fight you guys/gals every week.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: vitali.1609

vitali.1609

LOL, whats up with all the HoD players doin the /logout when they are downed?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tossed Fish.7380

Tossed Fish.7380

I just want to thank HoD, you have driven all the fairweathers out of WvW on SF.

The lack of queue times have allowed us to actually play alts without fear of switching toons and being stuck in queue, you have busted the bubble of people that still believed that PPT in WvW is anything more than a coverage measuring device.

I wish we could fight you guys/gals every week.

“You are welcome, we will send the bill later. P.S yo mama so ugly she scared the fair weathers away.” ~Love The Banned One Aka Devon from VLK

Tossed Fish//Necromancer
Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

They don’t want to get spiked like 100k times and let us catch up? (HOW RUDE) Also errbody knows its not /logout…Its alt+f4 to properly do it.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

ALSO

[DZ] is recruiting bad-decent dedicated small team players for roaming/havoc funs.

Must enjoy:
-Killing players
-Running from zergs
-Capping camps
-Taking sentries
-Wiping enemies whilst defending stuffs
-Light hearted trolling
-Corpse jumping
-emotes (in general)

Must hate:
-Trebs
-Cannons
-Superior ACs
-Sitting all day on any of these hoping someone passes by your keep/tower
-PPT
-people who care about PPT
-Me when I make 3 clones mid-fight to go mine an Iron node while appearing to be fighting

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

The current map limit only exist because of resource constraints, if they could run maps with higher caps, or without caps at all, they would. Imagine how the population imbalance would affect that scenario.

A-Net won’t do any of this stuff because they want WvW to be as big as possible and they’ll address capacity issues and won’t consider smaller worlds.

2: As noted, the hateful people will hate on people and cause friction, and A-Net probably do not want that.

3: This would be a lot better phrased in a GvG context.

Say arenas that guilds/parties can hire out that are inside WvW and count towards your WvW score. Limited places as agreed during hiring, not accessible until another team joins.

If you want the cheap version they don’t even need to do any maps, they can just cordon off the shrines. Open world until two guilds have hired them, and then a pop-up fence and you have your balanced GvG fight with no roamers popping in and WvW objectives built in.

Vote 1, too much coffee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Server population isn’t the issue. Server participation is, I also said nothing about increasing caps so not even sure why you even brought that up. You create separate servers altogether, and charge a fee to sign up to those servers. Same cap and everything, once cap has been reached, you open the next server up for registration. Etc. Etc.

As far as creating friction, you must not read the forums often. There is friction regardless, no matter what. Doing this would alleviate all of the friction due to pop imbalances and coverage gaps. Also, the people that would sign up for these servers would not be your typical fair weather if the fee is hefty enough. The fee is what separates those who play this game for WvW and those who don’t.

Lets say said server has four maps each with a cap of 160 players each team before a queue happens.

160 × 4 =640 640 is now your cap limit to sign up on each server. However, you close cap at closer to 500, so if any servers do not get filled you can distribute the remaining sign ups among the rest of the servers without breaking the hard cap.

gg wp. Arena Net gains a lot of revenue from the sign ups, WvW’ers can stop complaining about pop and coverage and we’re one step closer to being whine free.

in Match-ups

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

Fun fact of the day, apparently a guild leader on HoD owns Sorrowsfurnace.com and the Mumble VoIP.

Discuss.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Fun fact of the day, apparently a guild leader on HoD owns Sorrowsfurnace.com and the Mumble VoIP.

Discuss.

General consensus among most of SF.com’s users is “Eh, no big deal. He’s done a lot for our server and has conducted himself with professionalism so far. We’ll freak if he becomes unprofessional and starts abusing his power.”

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

bob.8632

General consensus among most of SF.com’s users is "Eh, no big deal.

Ahh much like their approach to WvW.

in Match-ups

Manoa.5897

Both sites have been in existence since BWE1. And the SF.com site has been in heavy usage since January. There is absolutely no way this could have been some engineered plan for HoD to gain some sort of advantage. I highly doubt the owner’s crystal ball is THAT good.

As for the rest, I do not eat bait.

Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

bob.8632

Both sites have been in existence since BWE1. And the SF.com site has been in heavy usage since January. There is absolutely no way this could have been some engineered plan for HoD to gain some sort of advantage. I highly doubt the owner’s crystal ball is THAT good.

Ahh so they own both sites? HoDs and SFs?

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

Thanks for the duels in HoD from both DR and SF. I’ve missed the past 2 weeks of Fight Club, so it was nice to get a breath of fresh air.

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

in Match-ups

Manoa.5897

Yes. And before anyone from HoD freaks out, he never discusses HoD on our site. Just site admin issues.

Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Yes. And before anyone from HoD freaks out, he never discusses HoD on our site. Just site admin issues.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/068f1d61400a63e860b32e8c9cad3e19/tumblr_mt3ljzh44o1rzew5ko1_500.gif

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

There has been some discussion about connection issues on our server of late, and several regulars have mentioned it, that could be part of the problem.

Are you getting XP?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Match-ups

Tossed Fish.7380

Discuss.

That news is so god kitten old. He also owns YaksBend.com. HoD worried about the idea of spies over a year ago when SF kicked our kitten … but nothing happened so it was just some nice guy hosting all this for us.

He spent most of this time on Yak’s Bend but moved over to HoD not too long ago. I’m not him so I don’t have the exact story. The owner is really nice, professional and fair.

Tossed Fish//Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: JahRo.6432

JahRo.6432

Discuss.

That news is so god kitten old. He also owns YaksBend.com. HoD worried about the idea of spies over a year ago when SF kicked our kitten … but nothing happened so it was just some nice guy hosting all this for us.

He spent most of this time on Yak’s Bend but moved over to HoD not too long ago. I’m not him so I don’t have the exact story. The owner is really nice, professional and fair.

we lub u tlaloc

Morn [BFF][VLK]
Maguuma
(Insert other useless !@#$ here)

in Match-ups

Tossed Fish.7380

As the same for us. He never discusses anything from SF. In fact, we even have users outside the server on our forums. -Looks at Styx from GoM- I know you’re reading this!

Tossed Fish//Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

There has been some discussion about connection issues on our server of late, and several regulars have mentioned it, that could be part of the problem.

Are you getting XP?

Yep, nothing like getting into a fight with my Guardian and get stuck in a perma- whirling wrath that does no damage to the opponents and then disconnected only to find myself dead on the ground in Divinty’s Reach.

Theftwind (HoD)

in Match-ups

Manoa.5897

Discuss.

It’s new news for us. But most of us already assumed he wasn’t an SFer. We just didn’t know exactly what server was his home server. I think most who were shocked were just shocked to learn exactly what server he calls home during a week we were matched against that server. That’s all. And the only reason it was even brought up was for full disclosure so those who would prefer to tailor their WvW discussions in the private areas of the site with this information in mind can do so.

Our server has been using the site and the mumble pretty heavily since January. He’s been incredibly professional host so far and has really left the direction and day-to-day social/moderation stuff to SFers. And he’s been incredibly responsive whenever we run into any tech issues with the site or the mumble.

Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Tossed Fish.7380

It’s new news for us. But most of us already assumed he wasn’t an SFer. We just didn’t know exactly what server was his home server. I think most who were shocked were just shocked to learn exactly what server he calls home during a week we were matched against that server. That’s all. And the only reason it was even brought up was for full disclosure so those who would prefer to tailor their WvW discussions in the private areas of the site with this information in mind can do so.

Our server has been using the site and the mumble pretty heavily since January. He’s been incredibly professional host so far and has really left the direction and day-to-day social/moderation stuff to SFers. And he’s been incredibly responsive whenever we run into any tech issues with the site or the mumble.

Pretty much how we felt over a year ago when we faced you guys. We thought he was on SF at the time. But yeah, the people of the server really created the culture and he focuses on all the mod and tech stuff. Doesn’t really intervene unless someone breaks the terms or privacy policies.

Also! Do know whenever your mumble goes down, ours goes down too. We aren’t sabotaging you, because all our stuff is on the same server

Tossed Fish//Necromancer

(edited by Tossed Fish.7380)

in Match-ups

Manoa.5897

Also! Do know whenever your mumble goes down, ours goes down too. We aren’t sabotaging you, because all our stuff is on the same server

Makes sense, being on the same server and all.

Also kinda comforting. ’Cause you know misery loves company.

You know, ET and FC are SF’s T8 bros (from when we were all stuck in the glicko ghetto together). So does this all make HoD and SF community website bros?

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sir Tripsalot.1803

Sir Tripsalot.1803

http://31.media.tumblr.com/068f1d61400a63e860b32e8c9cad3e19/tumblr_mt3ljzh44o1rzew5ko1_500.gif

Adventure time is an endless source if wisdom.

Sorrow’s Furnace [SF] [mfya]
Mr Pocket Rocket~Charr~Guardian~Commander

in Match-ups

Bllade.1029

We purposefully shut down the server when it’s SF prime time. Its strategy.

Gold Dolyak please.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odies.8017

Odies.8017

Hey SF! This is a non troll post or not thumping our chests, but please come take your garrison from us =(

Attachments:

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Hey SF! This is a non troll post or not thumping our chests, but please come take your garrison from us =(

/me tries to decide if the seated chap front and center is the thief he fought/chatted earlier

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

/me tries to decide if the seated chap front and center is the thief he fought/chatted earlier

Probably is… Mushroom Head MU Thief. AKA Backstabbed

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

Good on SF, my suggestion to DR when obvious guild farm groups sit in a keep is let them rot take the supply camps and let them be bored. No point in feeding them bags if all you have to fight them with is pugs and up-levels.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

in Match-ups

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Probably is… Mushroom Head MU Thief. AKA Backstabbed

That’s indeed the one =]

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SrxLiz.3175

SrxLiz.3175

Thanks for the once again awesome GvG CoSa!! MU won 3-0, you guys always give us a great fight!! Pics to come (:

Character Name: Archangel Elizabeth [Ele]
Server: Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odies.8017

Odies.8017

Hey CosA going to miss you and SF! Good luck on the rest of the season and hopefully we can run into each other when it goes back to random.

[MU] Gornok In Victori
Guild Leader
mugw2.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

props to [TVC] and others for fun duels at windmill ^^

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: SrxLiz.3175

SrxLiz.3175

Pictures from the GvG last night..Once again, awesome fights CoSa, we will miss you in the borderlands!

Attachments:

Character Name: Archangel Elizabeth [Ele]
Server: Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

So 10 or less DR came to defend our keep from your group. Yup sounds about right.

in Match-ups

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

Hey errone, I’m going to miss windmill fights tonight but message me anytime after three if you want to duel.

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

I will probably be there earlier than the stated time, for some reason people started moving fight night back….They used to be at daily reset back in the good ole days.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Palom.2095

Palom.2095

Great GvG MU, it was really fun. I was the Guardian randomly walking and dancing with you guys inbetween fights Gad we all got drunk afterwards!

Attachments:

Mexiodus- Necro | Mexicott – Mesmer | Mexibuff – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: erjdrifter.5301

erjdrifter.5301

Great GvG MU, it was really fun. I was the Guardian randomly walking and dancing with you guys inbetween fights Gad we all got drunk afterwards!

There’s my kite!