JQ/TC/Maguuma 11/1/13 - Week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: slausty.1238

slausty.1238

Good fights tonight on Mag BL for [SF] havoc. Some named Maggies came out and said hi. Intense fight at NE supply camp, keep them coming!

[SF] [zH] Ubnext

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

I don’t think you’ll find a single person who doesn’t want the 3 T1 servers to be in there own seperate league.

Devon Carver

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I don’t think you’ll find a single person who doesn’t want the 3 T1 servers to be in there own seperate league.

Devon Carver

Ha. Nice one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

disregard last post fight club is now at mag bl

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

tc is just being focused by both servers. we have militia fighting but most the organized guilds quit and are doing pve stuff this week. We have too many fairweather players and not enough hard core wvw guilds.

huh.

STUN, NOPE, PiNK, RoT, and GF have been wreaking havoc in JQBL for like 7 hours. It’s been a blast!

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Yeah, typically to become a hated server, you have to matter.

you didn’t say goodbye to me in /w i’m so hurt

I was gettin so sleepy I meant to log off and accidentally closed gw2. I couldn’t even make it through an episode of South Park before I decided its time for bread.

Also

GO TO BREAD CUDDLES whenever she shows up and sees this.

I have finally shown up and seen this.

In conclusion, GO TO BREAD SHINI!

:D I was out at the beach today and went parasailing! True story… For this occasion, here is a score update with my kite

ARE YOU KITE CHEATING ON ME? OMG CUDDLES

NO! CAUSE IM NOT IN AN OMEGA GOLEM!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 YOU DARK. MISS YOU!

cries

R.I.P. STAN THE GOLEM

FISH ARE FRIENDS, AND SO ARE KITES

YOU CANT TALK! you home wrecker! Left poor stan by himself!!!!!!

D:

The memories….. another reset we shall reunite in omega golems with kites. Together <3

But first, you must find your inner bread and go to it!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: archeon.5349

archeon.5349

Ty CERN for yesterday. Your raid is quite interesting . I would hope to fight you decently this week but our RL is on hollidays (and he will be cursed for that). You have good movements and it’s quite a pleasure to fight 15 people (even if you have some adds so say 25 ppl) and not a zerg of 40…

See you

[PuL] PU de Luxe
Augury Rock

in Match-ups

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I miss the days when the deciding factor in whether or not a fight was challenging came down to something besides if my opponent was running perplexity runes. I wish I knew what the next best rune was, and had gold to speculate, because when the nerf finally comes, a very large percentage of certain guilds are either going to regear or entirely cease to be a threat.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Bye, TC. ILU still, but heading for pastures with shorter queues and smaller blobs. <3

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: RedOwl.7496

RedOwl.7496

Someone wake me when gold league and all this toxic pve stuff is not part of WvW.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Bye, TC. ILU still, but heading for pastures with shorter queues and smaller blobs. <3

You could have helped make T3 more balanced by moving to YB or BP. You could have had far more fights and target rich environments on the other servers. But you select the SBI bandwagon… good to be carried I guess.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

We’re out every night this coming week.

Why you no GvG den?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Why you no GvG den?

Because we don’t have a GvG comp and don’t want to take up training nights and raiding to GvG at this time?

A word to anyone who does care to fight us because we do intend to GvG when we can make the time to organize it, those who are rude and carry a “GvG me bro” attitude will never GvG us. If you want to fight us fine, but if you stamp your feet and act like spoiled children we won’t give you our time.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Why you no GvG den?

Because we don’t have a GvG comp and don’t want to take up training nights and raiding to GvG at this time?

A word to anyone who does care to fight us because we do intend to GvG when we can make the time to organize it, those who are rude and carry a “GvG me bro” attitude will never GvG us. If you want to fight us fine, but if you stamp your feet and act like spoiled children we won’t give you our time.

I seem to remember NOPE saying this exact same thing the last time we fought JQ outside of Seasons. What was that, almost 1.5mo ago?

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

Typical TC. Like it is an honor and privileged to fight you that you can wave it about like a carrot. Reminds me when Jayne used to post that if we were ‘nice’ on the forums we might get some duels… lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Why you no GvG den?

It has nothing to do with having a bad attitude we just want to fight every guild we have the chance to in gold league as many times as possible before seasons are over.

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Why you no GvG den?

I seem to remember NOPE saying this exact same thing the last time we fought JQ outside of Seasons. What was that, almost 1.5mo ago?

Your point? It hasn’t been worked on- that’s the fact of the matter. We still want to get to it but it is not the end all be all of what we want to do as a guild.

@Jaxs

It’s not that it is a privilege; there just is zero reason for us to waste our time on opponents who behave as i outlined above.

@Snafu

It has a lot to with a bad attitude. This thread has been plagued with mag pitching a fit because we are not going out of our way to set up a GvG for them. Why should we bother playing with someone from another server who has to have everything their way? You want to fight? We’ll do it when we can, but we aren’t bending over backwards for some egotistical, whining, kittens.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I’d also like to point out that NOPE has run with 40 people max this week (without other guilds). 25 people being in mumble, and the rest being 100% militia.

You want to know something? Other than reset night I havent seen any mag. We were on JQBL and the only mag we saw were taking our stuff instead of a free T3 hills while we pushed into garrison all night.
I’m pretty sure most of the replies to me and asudem are just trolls, though, so I’m not sure why I bother.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

was that last night? lol you should know by now that mag cares little about taking kitten. last night all we did was run with about 10-15 and hit jq and tc where ever we could.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

I’d also like to point out that NOPE has run with 40 people max this week (without other guilds). 25 people being in mumble, and the rest being 100% militia.

You want to know something? Other than reset night I havent seen any mag. We were on JQBL and the only mag we saw were taking our stuff instead of a free T3 hills while we pushed into garrison all night.
I’m pretty sure most of the replies to me and asudem are just trolls, though, so I’m not sure why I bother.

Sorry we don’t have 24 hour coverage? Maybe transfer to a server facing your server, since they are apparently the bomb diggity. Oh wait, that would mean you have to fight outnumbered.

Bummer, there’s always fights for me when I log in.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Sorry we don’t have 24 hour coverage? Maybe transfer to a server facing your server, since they are apparently the bomb diggity. Oh wait, that would mean you have to fight outnumbered.

We get plenty of that fighting JQ/SoR/ and BG.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Asudem has actually been working towards it for a while now. He’s got a lot on his hands at the moment though, as he’s leading the guilds recruitment efforts as well.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

On that note, there are plenty of other guilds on TC to GvG. NOPE said they werent willing to, get over it and find someone else.

100% sure you’re just trolling us but I’ll keep throwing the feed out in case SOMEONE is actually being serious.
(these posts from mag are basically as childish as “1v1 me bro”)

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Understandable, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, you can complain? Seems like a double standard to me.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

Understandable, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, you can complain? Seems like a double standard to me.

Not entirely sure how. I’m personally not complaining and the comment you quoted seems to refer to the fact that mag wasn’t out for fights but rather to back cap.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Hosting a fight club mag windmill 6pm server tonight

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

It has a lot to with a bad attitude. This thread has been plagued with mag pitching a fit because we are not going out of our way to set up a GvG for them. Why should we bother playing with someone from another server who has to have everything their way? You want to fight? We’ll do it when we can, but we aren’t bending over backwards for some egotistical, whining, kittens.

It’s most likely not going out of your way to set up a gvg. You raid during the week, correct? Grab 15 of those people and do a gvg at the start of it.

Taking the ‘high road’ with “why should we bother playing with someone from another server who has to have everything their way?” really? You’re just being childish now. Every guild that sets up GvG’s on mag does so with the utmost respect for the other guild, weather we win or lose. Yes we bug people for GvG’s, because how often have we faced JQ? We only have so long to set up GvG’s.

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

It’s most likely not going out of your way to set up a gvg. You raid during the week, correct? Grab 15 of those people and do a gvg at the start of it.

Taking the ‘high road’ with “why should we bother playing with someone from another server who has to have everything their way?” really? You’re just being childish now. Every guild that sets up GvG’s on mag does so with the utmost respect for the other guild, weather we win or lose. Yes we bug people for GvG’s, because how often have we faced JQ? We only have so long to set up GvG’s.

There is a difference between being persistent and being kittens and Mag has nor recognition of that the line that divides them.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Just grabbing 15 people from our roster makes no sense for us. We dont have a proper set up or composition, nor do we have proper practice. I dont see a reason for us not to, and I know there has been more and more talk about setting up for GvG within the guild, and it will be coming sooner than later. If we get the people together we could try to organize just a skirmish or something, but we arent ready for a proper GvG yet.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Sadly, I personally don’t like GvG’s. They take very long time for such short fights. I’d rather have open field fights with even numbers and do 10-20 of those in an hour rather than just a few. And I know I’m not the only one who feels this way. GvG’s aren’t for everyone, not because they might not have the skill, but don’t find them very entertaining.

Anyways, I personally sometimes swap to moa when doing large field fights. I find Moa’ing commanders to be really really funny. Some of them still do stuff normally (and its hilarious to see a raid stack up on a moa)…others start to run away from their group and end up getting targeted lol. So, if you get randomly moa’ed facing TC..it might be me just having some fun xD

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

Just grabbing 15 people from our roster makes no sense for us. We dont have a proper set up or composition, nor do we have proper practice. I dont see a reason for us not to, and I know there has been more and more talk about setting up for GvG within the guild, and it will be coming sooner than later. If we get the people together we could try to organize just a skirmish or something, but we arent ready for a proper GvG yet.

Or you could just… do it…

Maguuma

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Or you could just… do it…

See handins post. Not everyone in NOPE likes/wants to do GvG. We couldent grab enough members who wanted to do it even if we tried. Find another guild to bug.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I’d rather have open field fights with even numbers

You’re pretty much only going to get that against Maguuma with a properly scheduled and organized meeting. It’s too bad there’s nothing like that we could organize, y’know?

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I’d rather have open field fights with even numbers

You’re pretty much only going to get that against Maguuma with a properly scheduled and organized meeting. It’s too bad there’s nothing like that we could organize, y’know?

I seem to recall people in mag comparing roaming 1v1 to dueling in that people change their builds and utilities based on the two… well guess what, this is basically a larger scale of that.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

dreztina.4820

See handins post. Not everyone in NOPE likes/wants to do GvG. We couldent grab enough members who wanted to do it even if we tried. Find another guild to bug.

I don’t do gvg, I just think you’re making excuses to avoid fighting.

Maguuma

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

I seem to recall people in mag comparing roaming 1v1 to dueling in that people change their builds and utilities based on the two… well guess what, this is basically a larger scale of that.

How would you know? I thought you didn’t do GvGs!

Attachments:

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

How would you know? I thought you didn’t do GvGs!

I was in EP when they first fought Agg, and I took part in their training. Good stuff you know. Also you made me giggle with that gif at the end.

Lunar Fighter

(edited by Nickthemoonwolf.1485)

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

I don’t do gvg, I just think you’re making excuses to avoid fighting.

We have been figured out!!! Drats, whatever will we do now.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

You’ll hide behind your pugs.

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

You’ll lead your pugs.

Fixed that for you friend.

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

I was in EP when they first fought Agg, and I took part in their training. Good stuff you know. Also you made me giggle with that gif at the end.

It was the only image I had that could properly convey the kind of “hynernyuerhuehuehunyer” tone I was trying to adopt with my post.

But yeah, GvG training typically ends up being team deathmatches, but the actual GvGs are more like open field fighting than anything else: juking veils, counting stabilities, stacking empowers and bombing downed clumps. Saying it’s just 15 1v1’s isn’t an accurate description.

Seriously, you guys should try it. Even if not against us. It’s a lot of fun.

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Tricare.2946

Just grabbing 15 people makes perfect sense. You’ll see who wants to actually do the GvG by people volunteering, you’ll get to see what classes they play and are proficient at. You’ll get to see what professions you need (if you have a comp in mind) and how many more people who actually want to GvG. I could go on.

The GvG itself can easily be a skirmish, that’s all anyone wants. Just because a guild is asking for a GvG doesn’t mean this is the heavy weight title here. We’re just asking for a friendly fight. You get to learn what you’ll be up against and try now different set ups.

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

Just because a guild is asking for a GvG doesn’t mean this is the heavy weight title here. We’re just asking for a friendly fight. You get to learn what you’ll be up against and try now different set ups.

That, too. GvGs don’t carry the same kind of smack-talking brag-festing as open field fighting does. Even Maguuma has good sportsmanship when they GvG.

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: kaisez.4968

kaisez.4968

to my friends Mag.. when did you learned the magic skill of arrow cat .. it’s forbiddin in jq …
so sad mag…. [NOVA] tag as you see

Attachments:

Kaisez – [NoaH] want you !!

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

It was the only image I had that could properly convey the kind of “hynernyuerhuehuehunyer” tone I was trying to adopt with my post.

But yeah, GvG training typically ends up being team deathmatches, but the actual GvGs are more like open field fighting than anything else: juking veils, counting stabilities, stacking empowers and bombing downed clumps. Saying it’s just 15 1v1’s isn’t an accurate description.

Oh I know how fun it is, I’ve always wanted to take part in one, but the closest I came was to be a part of a pug GvG. I’m not about to leave my guild just because of whats been said above for one that is willing to though. I like the community and the people are great. We’re making excuses yeah, but we actually arent ready for something -at this moment-… I’m sure one of us will mention it either tonight or tomorrow, but I’d be interested in seeing how we do in a controlled situation myself.
(PS. I like GvGs, I like watching them, and I like listening to coms during them. The only problem I have with GvG is that usually you lose all owned objectives on the map while people watch…)

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

to my friends Mag.. when did you learned the magic skill of arrow cat .. it’s forbiddin in jq …
so sad mag…. [NOVA] tag as you see

One monitor plebeian detected.

Deany Kong – #magswag

in Match-ups

Snafu.7412

Oh I know how fun it is, I’ve always wanted to take part in one, but the closest I came was to be a part of a pug GvG. I’m not about to leave my guild just because of whats been said above for one that is willing to though. I like the community and the people are great. We’re making excuses yeah, but we actually arent ready for something -at this moment-… I’m sure one of us will mention it either tonight or tomorrow, but I’d be interested in seeing how we do in a controlled situation myself.
(PS. I like GvGs, I like watching them, and I like listening to coms during them. The only problem I have with GvG is that usually you lose all owned objectives on the map while people watch…)

When will you servers/guilds realize that PPT is a silly thing especially when facing high coverage servers?

in Match-ups

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

When will you servers/guilds realize that PPT is a silly thing especially when facing high coverage servers?

Because some people like PPT play, and enjoy the rush of breaking T3 keeps against higher tier servers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30GD25un0XQ

Lunar Fighter

in Match-ups

robocafaz.9017

Because some people … enjoy the rush of breaking T3 keeps against higher tier servers.

That’s the entire reason Maguuma pushed for Gold League and not Silver.

Deany Kong – #magswag

(edited by robocafaz.9017)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

You’ll lead your pugs.

Fixed that for you friend.

Very good fix normally, we still can’t get anywhere though.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”