JQ/TC/Maguuma 11/1/13 - Week 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

omg is not a easy job to refresh all this army …

If I were JQ I’d probably want my militia suited in golems too. Can’t trust there builds. #GivingZergSurvivibilitySkillz

Now where did I put that mango tray /eatscrubs~ you gun die without regen 1,1,1,1,1!

~X [STUN]

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

We have plenty to do. Just look at the SoR/BG/JQ thread, I mean SoR/BG/SoS thread. Theres more discussion of JQ going on there than there is here and 90% of it isn’t even by JQ members.

The entire thread is “did not!”; “did too”.

It has me almost looking for next week’s “Ongoing discussions about Karma Train Ethics.”

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

We have plenty to do. Just look at the SoR/BG/JQ thread, I mean SoR/BG/SoS thread. Theres more discussion of JQ going on there than there is here and 90% of it isn’t even by JQ members.

The entire thread is “did not!”; “did too”.

It has me almost looking for next week’s “Ongoing discussions about Karma Train Ethics.”

I actually got ripped into by a BG member one Karma train evening about 2-3 weeks ago. PM’d me saying wtf you doing capping bay right before we get there" “You’re screwing with the karma train, get the f off the map”

My response .. “next time, invite TC and we won’t have this issue”

EDIT: I should note, last week, was much better though – we had invites to all 3 maps from BG.

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Wow, JQ claims they love fights, won’t gvg, and they report anybody who asks why? Please grow thick enough skin to be on the internet.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

Wow, JQ claims they love fights, won’t gvg, and they report anybody who asks why? Please grow thick enough skin to be on the internet.

I found an uplevel Guardian earlier who wasn’t afraid to fight on his own or with even numbers outside of West keep.

Out of everyone in that group who died uplevel and 80 he was the only one who came back to try again, props to the little Asura guy though he did make a persistent effort to stop me selling to my spawned merchant.

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frigid.6027

Frigid.6027

i solo roam and can barely find people willing to fight without odds in their favor. It’s not just jq players who wont fight 1v1.

three [PiNK] thieves were in ruins on jqbl and if i managed to get one to wander off from from the other 2, he/she would cloak and dagger off an animal and run back to his buddies.

Don’t put your servers on some high pedestal because you think you fight unfair odds.

Bounce – [xoxo] Zerg Me Like You Love Me [oPP] Over Powered People

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

Not talking about 1v1’s, the posts asking why JQ guilds keep saying they love open field fights but that they will also never gvg are being reported as insulting.

“It’s insulting to ask why I will fight you open field but not with rules that only restrict (a) numbers to even levels and (b) sigil/guard killing buffs.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

So why does JQ keep claiming they enjoy fair open field fights yet are refusing any invitation to GvG?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

So why does JQ keep claiming they enjoy fair open field fights yet are refusing any invitation to GvG?

If you talking to JQ in general if I remember NS always wants to GvG. Being honest though HzH will soon be joining the GvG “scene” need to polish up on some things and then we will be all for taking GvG’s.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Being honest though HzH will soon be joining the GvG “scene” need to polish up on some things and then we will be all for taking GvG’s.

You are aware that you won’t be able to outzerg your opponent in GvG, right?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

“polish up”
Why have I heard this from everybody but NS? What do you think GvG is exactly? All we’re here to do is fight with even numbers… if you fight already what is the issue?

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Then go to bread!

all my Mancen posts got deleted Shini

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I don’t understand why people just want “open field even number fights in a controlled ready-set-go” fashion anyways. Idk…to me that’s just boring. I prefer to be outnumbered slightly in one way or another…or hit with a surprise attack. These things actually hold my attention. It’s why during reset I LOVED fighting my old guild mates, kh. They didn’t outnumber us, but they’d do surprise attacks, or you know…use TACTICS. Not: "Stand _ paces apart and face each other, then on “GO” slam into each other".

It’s all personal preference….and honestly all the guild bashing for people that don’t want to do GvGs (or those that do) is frankly getting old and pathetic. If you want to prove yourself as a WvW guild, do it doing WvW. If you want to do GvG, do it. But PLEASE acknowledge that not everyone wants to deal with it, or even finds it fun. GvG != WvW!! Stop putting it out to be. If a guild says they don’t wanna GvG, then don’t bug them, call them out, say they suck, etc. It’s definitely NOT going to want to make them GvG you anymore. This goes to all servers, and all guilds. If you keep asking people to GvG you, and no one wants to, there is probably one main reason: You’ve annoyed people and “they don’t wanna play with you”.

It is a bit playground-ish, but seeing this type of behavior constantly…well, it fits. This is a game. If people don’t want to play doing what you want, well…too bad for you. But just because you wanna play with people on the slide and everyone else is on the swings doesn’t mean guilds have to stomp their feet and call people out as “zergy”, “nooby”, “sucky”, etc…

This will be my last post on this matter as its just annoyed me to beyond caring anymore. I see the merits in GvG, and see why some find them fun, but I personally do NOT. Any further posts will likely be about the upcoming parade(s) (MAYBE AN SEA PARADE FOR Y’ALL!)

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

wtf happened?

Someone got buttmad and reported all the posts?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Omg !! we losing our Bl to TC that pvd now .. we should drop off.. we going to lose the match … noooo
wtf TC if have some honor got Eb if you want fight .. running around for karma train in Monday is already !

Yea wtf TC… JQ BL is only for ppt! How could you attack their helpless borderland?!

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

wtf happened?

Someone got buttmad and reported all the posts?

No idea…I got several deleted too o.O I missed most of the drama today…something big must’ve gone down!

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

If you brag about wiping pug zergs or another guild after severely outmanning them that is nothing to be proud of

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Apparently. 0_o

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

I don’t understand why people just want “open field even number fights in a controlled ready-set-go” fashion anyways. Idk…to me that’s just boring. I prefer to be outnumbered slightly in one way or another…or hit with a surprise attack. These things actually hold my attention. It’s why during reset I LOVED fighting my old guild mates, kh. They didn’t outnumber us, but they’d do surprise attacks, or you know…use TACTICS. Not: "Stand _ paces apart and face each other, then on “GO” slam into each other".

I believe the suggestion of GvG is merely a statement of ‘put your money where your mouth is’. I expect they would be open to alternative suggestions.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I believe the suggestion of GvG is merely a statement of ‘put your money where your mouth is’. I expect they would be open to alternative suggestions.

You’d be shocked.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

You’d be shocked.

Seems like you could then point that out when it gets brought up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

You’d be shocked.

Honestly its probably been deleted by now, and I’m not willing to sift through the 2 or so pages of trolling. You’re free to look yourself.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

Being honest though HzH will soon be joining the GvG “scene” need to polish up on some things and then we will be all for taking GvG’s.

You are aware that you won’t be able to outzerg your opponent in GvG, right?

You are aware that I gave you a answer that you should be happy to hear? I mean you want fights after all right? Jeez man lol

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

Don’t worry guys, we’ll have GvG features soon! They are going to throw us all into a desolate arena completely detached from WvW Borderlands! It’s going to be GREAT! It’s going to be WONDERFUL!

Devon slips another $100 under the table: ‘make it look good’

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

It’s all personal preference….and honestly all the guild bashing for people that don’t want to do GvGs (or those that do) is frankly getting old and pathetic. If you want to prove yourself as a WvW guild, do it doing WvW. If you want to do GvG, do it. But PLEASE acknowledge that not everyone wants to deal with it, or even finds it fun. GvG != WvW!! Stop putting it out to be. If a guild says they don’t wanna GvG, then don’t bug them, call them out, say they suck, etc. It’s definitely NOT going to want to make them GvG you anymore. This goes to all servers, and all guilds. If you keep asking people to GvG you, and no one wants to, there is probably one main reason: You’ve annoyed people and “they don’t wanna play with you”.

It is a bit playground-ish, but seeing this type of behavior constantly…well, it fits. This is a game. If people don’t want to play doing what you want, well…too bad for you. But just because you wanna play with people on the slide and everyone else is on the swings doesn’t mean guilds have to stomp their feet and call people out as “zergy”, “nooby”, “sucky”, etc…

This will be my last post on this matter as its just annoyed me to beyond caring anymore. I see the merits in GvG, and see why some find them fun, but I personally do NOT. Any further posts will likely be about the upcoming parade(s) (MAYBE AN SEA PARADE FOR Y’ALL!)

the reason why people are pestering pvx and/or blob guilds for gvg is because they are the ones most likely to chest thump after wiping an enemy group of 20 with 60 people.

gvg’s let such guilds see how terribly they will perform in an even numbered fight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: tayloriusrex.4532

tayloriusrex.4532

TC’s number one rising GvG guild, [SPYS] is now recruiting dedicated people, inquire within.

in Match-ups

Jaxs.5830

You’d be shocked.

Honestly its probably been deleted by now, and I’m not willing to sift through the 2 or so pages of trolling. You’re free to look yourself.

Is that the vague, future promises of a GvG if they are nice to you?

in Match-ups

Hexin.5603

the reason why people are pestering pvx and/or blob guilds for gvg is because they are the ones most likely to chest thump after wiping an enemy group of 20 with 60 people.

gvg’s let such guilds see how terribly they will perform in an even numbered fight.

I agree with you, and handin. I agree with handin about the … line up 20 paces looking at eachother … and go ..

3,2,1 smash, commence tail chase until last man standing – huzzzah – someone pwned someone.

While I agree with wads, there is a fair number of those out there that say crap like ‘awe yer trash bro, come at me’ followed by a chicken run into a zerg of 60.

GvG’s allow players to have a mini scale battle/brawl deathmatch style. It’s good if your into it, and gives room to try to improve player and team synergy … not so easy when in larger volumes.

Sometimes blasting that dark field may be the only thing betwween your side winning and the other sides last standing wiping ya.

That being said, I’m a traditionlist who cared more for split squad tactics to push/pull pressure style of a map. Goad them in right side, while left pushes… old school. Legit.

This headstrong stuff just makes me wanna get hammered drunk and go smash buttons, very little thought and can autopilot blasting fields.

the kittenty thing I find in GvG’s is your very dependent on the team (its also what drives you to work harder on team synergy) … but as your dependent if you only have enough on and invite some weaker links, it very weel will cost you.

Still fun though.

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

The only thing GvG can currently do is clash head on in that tiny strip of land because that’s the entire area we’re allowed to play it in.

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

The only thing GvG can currently do is clash head on in that tiny strip of land because that’s the entire area we’re allowed to play it in.

Exactly! And maybe that’s why I find it boring. If we ever get an arena with interesting terrain, and we’re allowed to use all of that terrain, it might be much more interesting!

On a side note: the daily Magumma killer should for us killing mag people or at least killing anyone in a magumma keep/camp/tower!

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Man JQ you seem very well practiced at flash building open field AC’s.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

I would like to join [SPYS] on TC, though I heard they don’t gvg.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Player Character.9467

I heard they like feathers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Man JQ you seem very well practiced at flash building open field AC’s.

It’s not that hard. A couple people with points in build mastery and presto AC. I don’t really like to man those myself though. Anytime I have tried it’s usually…

Target fire, target fire…uh oh here they come…target fire…still coming…oh geez target fire…FFFFFFFFF…kitten I’m still on this AC…gzzzzzt….bam…dead. Fricken tempting AC you killed me!

TC

(edited by ghtchill.7613)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

at TC windmill if anyone wants duels

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

I got like three infras. THREE.

is… is this the same person? if so…
LOL

D: I got 2. One was for having an all capslock post…… but my post wasn’t all caps. So….. sad asura is sad.

And shini I can’t keep up with the bg/sor thread… everytime I log in like another 5 pages have appeared

All three was for all caps. I laughed. </3

and I tried reading bg/sor/(whatchamacallitsosithink) but daaamn. t1 politics 2 deep 4 me

Yeep sounds about right. Too confusing. All I read was ZD…. for pages. Lol

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Handin.4032

For a server that really speaks against blobbing and how magumma doesn’t blob, you sure do have a massive multiguild blob on magbl right now I think you guys even outnumbered JQ hehe

Mesmer – FURY

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

hahahah hills that fight was stupid

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

ghtchill.7613

For a server that really speaks against blobbing and how magumma doesn’t blob, you sure do have a massive multiguild blob on magbl right now I think you guys even outnumbered JQ hehe

No! That is not a Mag blob you are seeing. It’s a lag effect caused by your massive blob. They are only a small group heroically conquering your bad players.

TC

(edited by ghtchill.7613)

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

LOL

D: I got 2. One was for having an all capslock post…… but my post wasn’t all caps. So….. sad asura is sad.

And shini I can’t keep up with the bg/sor thread… everytime I log in like another 5 pages have appeared

and I tried reading bg/sor/(whatchamacallitsosithink) but daaamn. t1 politics 2 deep 4 me

blah blah blah ZDs blah blah blah IRON blah blah blah JQ blah blah blah

wait…JQ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

the other thread’s got way too much reading to do. mind if i hang out here for a bit?

(though… i did just write a pretty long post myself. :/// it’s my weekly contribution to the threads! i swear!)

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

ghtchill.7613

And now for story time. It was a bright and sunny day on Mags BL when we visited. Now JQ had most of the map and were determined to erase anything TC established on that BL…

So after our slender presence was zerged out of the spawn tower, TC proceeded to skirmish the large (well la lot larger than us) JQ group. We rushed and fell back and rushed and fell back. We proceeded to do this until about 5 or 6 were killed instantly by Legendary Defenders. So, we persisted all 8-10 of us taunting them until lo and behold they chased, the whole bunch…

Cut to punch line, I have never seen an entire “zerg” get wiped by Legendary Defenders or ever heard so many /laughs go off at the same time. I was stunned to see at least 10-12 bags magically show up by my position. I was like, “did they really just do that! WTF?”

I didn’t take screen shots (I rarely do) or have this fraps thing going (hopefully someone did), but I wondered…JQ zerg, were you just goofing or were there really that many noobs in that big of a group? Please tell me. I will give you the benefit of the doubt of goofing, preferably.

Anyway, funniest moment of the match.

TC

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

And now for story time. It was a bright and sunny day on Mags BL when we visited. Now JQ had most of the map and were determined to erase anything TC established on that BL…

So after our slender presence was zerged out of the spawn tower, TC proceeded to skirmish the large (well la lot larger than us) JQ group. We rushed and fell back and rushed and fell back. We proceeded to do this until about 5 or 6 were killed instantly by Legendary Defenders. So, we persisted all 8-10 of us taunting them until lo and behold they chased, the whole bunch…

Cut to punch line, I have never seen an entire “zerg” get wiped by Legendary Defenders or ever heard so many /laughs go off at the same time. I was stunned to see at least 10-12 bags magically show up by my position. I was like, “did they really just do that! WTF?”

I didn’t take screen shots (I rarely do) or have this fraps thing going (hopefully someone did), but I wondered…JQ zerg, were you just goofing or were there really that many noobs in that big of a group? Please tell me. I will give you the benefit of the doubt of goofing, preferably.

Its a cherished pastime in JQ, to see how far you can get into someones spawn/how many times you can reach the steps when it ports you back out.

Also, you make me feel like Mancen! I wanna Mance the night away!

in Match-ups

ghtchill.7613

Its a cherished pastime in JQ, to see how far you can get into someones spawn/how many times you can reach the steps when it ports you back out.

So goofin then? That was funny. We haven’t had enough to laugh about, what with JQ map queues coming to our Garri and all. Thanks for the LOLs.

One guy made it to the top of the stairs, only to be mercilessly killed by invulnerable defenders…lol.

TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

LOL

dear cuddles:

seems like I can no longer type in all caps when responding to you or I’ll get infracted.

r.i.p. stan the golem

fish are friends, not food

(omg this totally doesn’t feel right)

D:

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

So goofin then? That was funny. We haven’t had enough to laugh about, what with JQ map queues coming to our Garri and all. Thanks for the LOLs.

One guy made it to the top of the stairs, only to be mercilessly killed by invulnerable defenders…lol.

I think my personal best was being teleported out twice and making it back to steps before dieing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

the other thread’s got way too much reading to do. mind if i hang out here for a bit?

(though… i did just write a pretty long post myself. :/// it’s my weekly contribution to the threads! i swear!)

Just don’t bring the rest of the server ):

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Ty for fun [Nope]!

in Match-ups

ghtchill.7613

I think my personal best was being teleported out twice and making it back to steps before dieing.

That is impressive. LOL. You should do that more. Let’s make it a thing, JQ spends the rest of its time this week trying to see how many make it into our spawn and survive. Forget those towers, keeps and camps….you have enough points…we want lawlz!

TC

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

That is impressive. LOL. You should do that more. Let’s make it a thing, JQ spends the rest of its time this week trying to see how many make it into our spawn and survive. Forget those towers, keeps and camps….you have enough points…we want lawlz!

We could RP as TC and surely the Legendary Defenders would let us through!