Official T6 Matchup: DH|SF|IoJ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoguti.9571

Hoguti.9571

We need to start a new thread- SF/DIoJ (Sorrow’s Furnace/Dark Isle of Janthaven)
After the SM battle tonight around 2am server time. You know what I’m talking about.
Seriously though, that was a very good fight DIoJ! Congrats on the new castle. Possible one of the most epic SM battles ever.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Draekahh.9834

Draekahh.9834

On ya bike, IoJ.

All I see here, is a bunch of but hurt tossers saying exactly what follows;
IoJ:: We don’t always get really but hurt. But when we do, we make a troll guild with the same tags as one of SF’s strongest WvW guilds.

Attachments:

(edited by Draekahh.9834)

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

On ya bike, IoJ.

IoJ:: We don’t always get really but hurt. But when we do, we make a troll guild with the same tags as one of SF’s strongest WvW guilds.

Youre the guy we chased accross the map <3
You wouldnt join our party and stayed in hills

BTW DH made the guild, we were just reppin it

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Draekahh.9834

I was Afk for a bit. Came back to a bunch of whispers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.1965

Zen.1965

It was so anticlimactic. It was literally like “lulz KING troll guild. Maybe good fights?” Then no, zerg melts. Oh wellz, I hear they’re in training so maybe better luck next week? I recommend toughness and vitality, they’re good stats.

[Shin]
SF
Frosura master race

in Match-ups

Draekahh.9834

It was so anticlimactic. It was literally like “lulz KING troll guild. Maybe good fights?” Then no, zerg melts. Oh wellz, I hear they’re in training so maybe better luck next week? I recommend toughness and vitality, they’re good stats.

Hahaha, oath.

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Hahaha that was so much fun DH <3. Thanks for letting me and some of my friends troll you for a while. I think you are still a little paranoid though, leaving 8 behind to watch dead bodies and even making an AC for us :P Although you are probably correct in your assumption that we still have people inside SM

Attachments:

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

in Match-ups

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

On ya bike, IoJ.

<<< SSSHSHH!!!!! Its a high tech low drag ability of our secret alliance. it grants us the ability to walk in and reclaim our shiny castle unchallanged by the guards. also note that text that is surround by arrows renders it invisible to the SF server >>>

Got to jump in wvw for the first time in a week ( dumb finals, pretty sure i totld them they were on my schedule) brought my newest addition as well. Even though she had a severe green arrow she held her own extremely well.

Even had the most honorable opporutinity to show an SF Guardian the fine fine craftsman detail of my wrench O=C

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

(edited by echo.2053)

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

To the three Sorrow’s Furnace who /laughed at me and let me run by last night as I was sprinting to our garrison: Yes, your team was already in the lord’s room. Yes, your zerg has just broken inner wall at bay. Impeccable timing. But next time, you might want to consider killing any and all stragglers. For [PD] is kitten fast and kitten good, and when I arrived in the lord’s room they were still staving you off, and I was the one who built the arrow cart as fast as my swiftness could go that helped to put the final OP nails in your golem-sized coffins. And then I booked it to bluevale to help take down your remaining superior trebs and then spent the rest of my time slapping some AoE on your rabid, angry zerg which stubbornly humped bay’s outer wall for some time. Rejected at keeps thrice last night. Just tough love, SF.

So I’m sure watching the stragglers high-tailing it to the garrison when you thought you had 2 keeps in the bag was simply hilarious, but I get to have the last laugh of the night.

Also, epic three-way SM battle again. Still loving this matchup. <333s to IOJ and SF.

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

<3 to PD and Faly. Warms my heart every time your crew pulls off the impossible like that.

By the way, if you were wondering, our alliance is still working on the best way to split the PPT at SM. I mean, obviously the goal is to work together to take it from SF, but the current mechanics don’t let us keep the WP when we gift it back and forth. We’ve heard from a number of you in our awesome secret meetings, but if you’re not present at those, we’d love to get your opinions.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

Dear god what have i started….. I shall name this Matchup SF vs DIoJH

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in Match-ups

Lord Rager.8543

Also the new super SUPER secret Alliance has started. Eyes and names have been cover to protect the ones here(besides me, ima kitten to my server anyways now)

Attachments:

S O T D Warband [SotD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Fun times at redvale in SF BL

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

Fun times at SM last night. Getting too many loot i had to set up a vendor right next to me

Attachments:

Basic Banjo

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lorvul.5482

Lorvul.5482

Fun times at SM last night. Getting too many loot i had to set up a vendor right next to me

LMAO, freaking Banjo!

Marnoll Whitefyre [Gore] (SF Commander)

Commander Marnoll Whitefyre [Gore]
Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

in Match-ups

Lorvul.5482

Let me know what you guys think about this video…..

Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Uthanak.5729

Uthanak.5729

I think it is garbage and unwatchable.

in Match-ups

Lorvul.5482

I think it is garbage and unwatchable.

Thanks man, that’s exactly what I was going for!!!

Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Score update, DH finally taken 2nd!

Attachments:

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

I won’t call it garbage, but it is very bad quality. To bad, it looked like it might be interesting. I was curious if my ele was getting owned at any point in it, but alas I could not tell XD

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Bloody GRIM 7 mirror mesmers!

Had great fun chasing DH around IoJ borderlands re-flipping and preventing you guys from taking camps!

Attachments:

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

Here’s some screens of the three-way battle for Durios. Who needs walls if you have arrow carts!

Attachments:

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimm Maltok.3514

Grimm Maltok.3514

Having a very small amount of Oceanic people is just killing us -.-

Grimm Maltok – Lvl 80 Thief
SF | Commander | [LORD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zelthios.5902

Zelthios.5902

Having a very small amount of Oceanic people is just killing us -.-

This is why I was correct about you guys not being able to keep the lead.

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Shame we didn’t realize that until you told us, we had no clue, thanks man….We will now start recruiting, since the high-lord Zelthios has decreed from up on high our folly in winning this tier, praise be to you sir! Fore we had no idea that it was lack of Oceanic coverage that was allowing our two foes (who strangely seem to move as one) the ability to do at night what they cannot do in the light of the NA day.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Zelthios.5902

Shame we didn’t realize that until you told us, we had no clue, thanks man….We will now start recruiting, since the high-lord Zelthios has decreed from up on high our folly in winning this tier, praise be to you sir! Fore we had no idea that it was lack of Oceanic coverage that was allowing our two foes (who strangely seem to move as one) the ability to do at night what they cannot do in the light of the NA day.

See earlier in this thread where they thought you’d be winning this week. Only lead you guys get is on the weekends we’re always ahead of you during the week. Points wise and in the controlling of points. However I expect you to call me HIgh-Lord from now on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

You guys definitely beat the crap out of us during reset, but we did pretty well last week during NA primetime, and if yesterday was any showing it should continue through this week as well. But, lets be real, its the night time when DIoJH takes the lead….

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

(edited by Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Mid-day update for all those at work. DH is catching uuuuuupppp lol

Attachments:

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

in Match-ups

Posted by: Life.1576

Life.1576

Awesome fighting in EB. I’m loving it. Here is a little video I made this morning of some fights I had with DH and IoJ. This is my first video, enjoy

720p would look way better ;]

LifeForce – lvl 80 Elementalist
Isle of Janthir – UnitaSumus (UnS)
http://www.youtube.com/user/LifeForcee14

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigsal.7061

bigsal.7061

Have to give props it to DH and IOJ, even though your servers are weak and the majority of your players arent very good skill wise your servers work well together.
On your own your servers dont pose much of a challenge so thanks for not making it boring.
Oh btw, bragging about your uber pvdoor skills is weak.

StaR-SF
Crazyhorse

in Match-ups

Posted by: Life.1576

Life.1576

Have to give props it to DH and IOJ, even though your servers are weak and the majority of your players arent very good skill wise your servers work well together.
On your own your servers dont pose much of a challenge so thanks for not making it boring.
Oh btw, bragging about your uber pvdoor skills is weak.

Heh, look at this guy – just lol
There is nothing more epic to watch than a 60 man zerg coming to take IOJ keeps in our BL and then getting pushed out by 15 people after 40 mins of extraordinary PvDoor skills with barely any supply/siege in the keep.
Or maybe that 20 golem zerg that didnt make it past the inner gate at IOJ Hills xD
Skilled and strong ? – keep up the good work SF !

LifeForce – lvl 80 Elementalist
Isle of Janthir – UnitaSumus (UnS)
http://www.youtube.com/user/LifeForcee14

in Match-ups

Posted by: stronnghest.1426

stronnghest.1426

sorrows furnace, the sorrow part fits well with your server.

in Match-ups

Lord Rager.8543

Just Training This Week Again? Guild still stands.

Reset you guys rock as someone has said(from SF) the kids must be on. NA evening i log on to see the damage figuring you guys would rock us and its about even or DH has PPT lead. At night, IoJ is a beast and at its best. I seen them paint the maps red. Don’t blame or hate on PvDoor. You don’t like it, get some people to defend, not my problem I play when you sleep or are at work.

2k lead SF and slowly slipping away. i hope when i wake up, DH will have the lead and IoJ will be catching up to you as well.

S O T D Warband [SotD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Coverage gaps do in fact make me sad. It feels like cheating, but I know it’s not :P. There’s just nothing we can do to improve that without recruiting more people. Skill doesn’t resolve that factor.

That being said, looking forward to fun fights this week during our prime time.

EDIT: and FWIW the numbers from the weekends are not kids as opposed to the PvE guilds actually getting involved since it’s reset (our server is still very PvE-centric). At least, that’s when my guilds (and a few others I know) large WvW events are scheduled.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

(edited by pulsecodesgnl.3470)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Remember the standard formula folks;

When you win, it is because you vastly outplayed your opponent and have skills so hot they make the sun melt.

When you lose, it is because you were vastly outnumbered and/or the other teams cheated/exploited/etc.

Deviating from this formula or trying to find a middle ground is called being “reasonable,” and has no place whatsoever on the internet or video games.

Thank you for your time.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

See earlier in this thread where they thought you’d be winning this week. Only lead you guys get is on the weekends we’re always ahead of you during the week. Points wise and in the controlling of points. However I expect you to call me HIgh-Lord from now on.

The best way to house train a pet is to rub their nose in it when they “slip up”. Some just cannot be trained/broken however.

So the more you rub our nose in it, the more we will make every effort to leave you a “present” on your nice carpet. It may not be this week, it may not be the next, but we will taste all of your (DH/IoJ) E-Tears….One thing I know about the people I play with day-in and day-out, is that they are some of the most hard-headed, stubborn, tenacious people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

And the other thing I know about them is that the thing that really fuels Sorrow’s Furnace is these forums. So like I said, say what you want, brag about how your NA unemployed/EU/Oceanics can close the gap that we make during the weekend. When you get that win on Friday and nothing happens, the match will reset and we will roll again. And make no mistake, I say this not to whine or complain, but beating a NA server with 12am-8am weekday capping is really understandable, but honestly: GG just the same.

I just really wish you guys could stop us from painting EB whatever color SF is that week at reset, because winning a war of attrition is definitely a win, but not being able to beat an opponent at their strongest would really bother me….But then again, I am a competitor.

Beyond all of that, we are having a good time (sans the coverage gaps), we look forward to the upcoming fights this week, and wanted to add that the people migrating to SF from your servers so far have been really cool and pretty interesting to say the least.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

Remember the standard formula folks;

When you win, it is because you vastly outplayed your opponent and have skills so hot they make the sun melt.

When you lose, it is because you were vastly outnumbered and/or the other teams cheated/exploited/etc.

Deviating from this formula or trying to find a middle ground is called being “reasonable,” and has no place whatsoever on the internet or video games.

Thank you for your time.

That’s pretty good, and a ton of truth. But I think it is a well-established fact that tier wins that arent very close are attributed to which server has the most constant, populated coverage blankets. And the ones that struggle the most are the ones that have major coverage gaps. (just take a look at the 100 recruitment threads for NA players begging for oceanics, and EUs begging for NAs)

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

The best way to house train a pet is to rub their nose in it when they “slip up”.

Its actually not the best way, quite far from it. I get the analogy otherwise, but this statement obviously comes from a lack of experience. Pretty off topic for a WvW thread though. fwiw, I was a professional dog trainer who specialized in Schutzhund, SAR, and fear aggression rehabilitation.

As for bringing reason and logic to my obviously tongue in cheek comment; get off the internet, yer kind has no place here! :P On a serious note, obviously coverage makes up a lot of the game. Using it as a blanket excuse, however, is the source of great entertainment for me personally. Since it is legitimate, in its way, you will see it constantly being used even when it has no application to the situation at hand.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

guys! We were getting along so well, lets not start bickering ..we will end up catching a serious case of “Devona-ism”

There is no more teaming up from Dh and IoJ then there is from SF and IoJ…it all depends on the situation and what the people think they have to gain from it at any particular point in time.

Right now with what we have going on with darkhaven right now in regards to reset is whats stopping us from really being a powerhouse. Once we get our Resets in order i feel that if all else stays the same we could duke it out with Ebay for top of t5.

But back to reality. Our super weak resets are what makes this match fun and exciting. It seems to be the same tune no matter which guilds do or do not participate in the weeks matching. We get trounced on reset due to no one coming on, then by monday we are able to make up the deficit and take the lead..regardless of the margin.

So for now, lets be thankful that our servers have the lil quirks they do and allow us to enjoy a close battle!

and oh yeah…i was sitting out on wvw for two days …..So everyone better watch out when i come back! /flying Burrito!

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

guys! We were getting along so well, lets not start bickering ..we will end up catching a serious case of “Devona-ism”

There is no more teaming up from Dh and IoJ then there is from SF and IoJ…it all depends on the situation and what the people think they have to gain from it at any particular point in time.

Right now with what we have going on with darkhaven right now in regards to reset is whats stopping us from really being a powerhouse. Once we get our Resets in order i feel that if all else stays the same we could duke it out with Ebay for top of t5.

But back to reality. Our super weak resets are what makes this match fun and exciting. It seems to be the same tune no matter which guilds do or do not participate in the weeks matching. We get trounced on reset due to no one coming on, then by monday we are able to make up the deficit and take the lead..regardless of the margin.

So for now, lets be thankful that our servers have the lil quirks they do and allow us to enjoy a close battle!

and oh yeah…i was sitting out on wvw for two days …..So everyone better watch out when i come back! /flying Burrito!

Jaxx

It is always 2v1 in WvW by both intent and design. This makes the “accusations” of such things even more humorous. Before anyone states the obvious, there are varying degrees of cooperation. But, its a core concept to the game itself.

I have been sitting out on GW2 recently too. D/l Neverwinter when I found out it was in open beta finally, and have been straight up impressed with the combat (though I have other issues with the game, of course).

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

The best way to house train a pet is to rub their nose in it when they “slip up”.

As for bringing reason and logic to my obviously tongue in cheek comment; get off the internet, yer kind has no place here! :P

Ditto Yo……………………………….

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

It is always 2v1 in WvW by both intent and design. This makes the “accusations” of such things even more humorous. Before anyone states the obvious, there are varying degrees of cooperation. But, its a core concept to the game itself.

I have been sitting out on GW2 recently too. D/l Neverwinter when I found out it was in open beta finally, and have been straight up impressed with the combat (though I have other issues with the game, of course).

There is no doubt that the nature of WvW(vW) is really a 2v1, but the problem with that logic is that it assumes the weakest link is the “1”. While IoJ has a nice night presence, they maintain “Outmanned” during most of the NA primetimes from what we have seen. So it is odd that the 2v1 bug has not bitten them in the kitten a lot more than it actually has.

Truthfully, most of us could care less, and welcome a panzy “alliance”, it would not be the first time we have dealt with/heard talk of it, and it only serves to make us stronger in the end. We know we have spies, have had them at every tier, but what we have learned is that not everything is “hunky-dory” in the Island of Dark Alliances. In fact, I would venture a guess that most people on here commenting about the non-existence of such an alliance, are most likely truly in the dark that one might exist.

Me personally, I am hoping there is not one (even though the intel says otherwise), because if you guys really are working something like that, and supposedly with some VoIP even, and we are just OOOOWEEEEING you on reset? Man that would make me a sad panda should I find myself on your server(s).

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

Jaxx

You are delusional if you really believe this.

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

@Amadaeus;

If by “weakest,” you meant “strongest,” then we are on the same page.

Such alliances are very, very rarely server wide. They usually involve specific guilds, so people do tend to be in the dark about them as a whole when specified alliances actually exist.

Ironically, in bringing it up, I suspect that many more DH and IoJ will consider it just for entertainment purposes, if nothing else.

And yes, I iz sad panda. When we lose, I shed a tear and die a little inside. Then I rez and its all good.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Zelthios.5902

The best way to house train a pet is to rub their nose in it when they “slip up”. Some just cannot be trained/broken however.

So the more you rub our nose in it, the more we will make every effort to leave you a “present” on your nice carpet. It may not be this week, it may not be the next, but we will taste all of your (DH/IoJ) E-Tears….One thing I know about the people I play with day-in and day-out, is that they are some of the most hard-headed, stubborn, tenacious people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

And the other thing I know about them is that the thing that really fuels Sorrow’s Furnace is these forums. So like I said, say what you want, brag about how your NA unemployed/EU/Oceanics can close the gap that we make during the weekend. When you get that win on Friday and nothing happens, the match will reset and we will roll again. And make no mistake, I say this not to whine or complain, but beating a NA server with 12am-8am weekday capping is really understandable, but honestly: GG just the same.

I just really wish you guys could stop us from painting EB whatever color SF is that week at reset, because winning a war of attrition is definitely a win, but not being able to beat an opponent at their strongest would really bother me….But then again, I am a competitor.

Beyond all of that, we are having a good time (sans the coverage gaps), we look forward to the upcoming fights this week, and wanted to add that the people migrating to SF from your servers so far have been really cool and pretty interesting to say the least.

oh no PEOPLE MIGRATED. I honestly do not care. you forgot to call me High-Lord btw. Who cares about what bothers you? I care about results and so far the results are DH winning thats all that matters. You shall not pass.

in Match-ups

Zelthios.5902

Amadeas sounds mad

in Match-ups

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

So Zelthios is the singular forum-warrior of DH then? Ah well, thread is still pretty civil into week 2, and I’m still enjoying the tier, hope DH and IoJ is as well.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Match-ups

Zelthios.5902

So Zelthios is the singular forum-warrior of DH then? Ah well, thread is still pretty civil into week 2, and I’m still enjoying the tier, hope DH and IoJ is as well.

High-Lord of DH i told you to call me that from now on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

Where can I get in on this DH/IoJ alliance?!?! Because the only thing I have seen when I am on (10pm-1am PST) is an SF/IoJ sandwich with DH as the filling….

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigsal.7061

bigsal.7061

Are the number even at reset population wise? Pretty sure they are.
In eternal battle grounds are the numbers even on reset? Most definitely.
Yet SF rolls you trolls with ease and owns just about everything in under 3 hours and that’s why dh and loj team up.
I’m not complaining, its a good strat considering your players skill level are average yo sub par at best which is why you get dominated at reset.
Again I applaud you guys for not quitting and coming up with your server alliance and thank you again for the challenge.

StaR-SF
Crazyhorse