Piken Square / Desolation / Abaddon's Mouth

in Match-ups

Posted by: AprilRain.7649

AprilRain.7649

I just wish Desolation and Abbadon’s Mouth had more roamers. They always seem to be traveling in packs of at least 2 or 3. And whenever I do encounter a single player running around.. They either run off as soon as they find themselves getting slaughtered, or out of nowhere an ally or two appear to lend aid.

All of these people are complaining about blobs and zerging.. Yet I’m really not seeing anyone bother to do anything about it, whatsoever.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rassst.5791

Rassst.5791

- also i saw your guild in piken garri earlier today; how did those ACs manage to take out our ACs at inner? o.0

THIS IS SPARTA. Don’t forget about it.

forget about what? i killed a dozen or so of you and then for some reason (joey seems much more inclined to take things rather than hold them) we abandoned garrison and took your bay
i shouldve taken a screenshot of that AC fire; im fairly sure it was zoomhacked

Wipe your eyes, man.
That is called “Sarcasm”

(edited by Rassst.5791)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

I just wish Desolation and Abbadon’s Mouth had more roamers. They always seem to be traveling in packs of at least 2 or 3. And whenever I do encounter a single player running around.. They either run off as soon as they find themselves getting slaughtered, or out of nowhere an ally or two appear to lend aid.

I encountered same problem, not that I strictly roam all the time. Might be my bad luck but I only encountered one Desolation roamer (norn ranger with [CS] tag, maybe?), but then was on my up-leveled elementalist and he didn’t even 1v1 me – take it was because I was on up-level character, he did 1v1 level 80s. Lots of thief duo/trio on Desolation though, more roamers on Abbadon’s Mouth. Had some fun fights with thieves and bunker engineers (very long fights with those).

Had some pretty fun fights while roaming tonight. Made a little video out of a few of them too.

First video that I watched fully. I can’t believe I forgot main hand mace in roaming for so long. Used not so optimal mace+axe and sword+shield a long time ago, now tweaked a little and after seeing your video went mace+sword and sword+shield. Worked great against thieves -torment, bleed, block, block, block, daze, stun, stun. Still working on greatsword, have to get more practice.

[Hex]

(edited by Bogey.5423)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

- also i saw your guild in piken garri earlier today; how did those ACs manage to take out our ACs at inner? o.0

forget about what? i killed a dozen or so of you and then for some reason (joey seems much more inclined to take things rather than hold them) we abandoned garrison and took your bay

funny desolation talking about hacks but rezzing mesmer in bay through walls

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: qweman.5298

qweman.5298

“SPRT is blobing”, – said FG, biggest Piken guild before they transfered from there lol
Our usual situation on this week – SPRT is swimming in Blobadon river
http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/qweqwe.1375462382.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/user/trial19911
Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Wipe your eyes, man.
That is called “Sarcasm”

how is that sarcasm?

I just wish Desolation and Abbadon’s Mouth had more roamers. They always seem to be traveling in packs of at least 2 or 3.

funny; i havent seen solo piken roamers either shrug

“SPRT is blobing”, – said FG, biggest Piken guild before they transfered from there lol

is this where the ‘60-70’ man zergs come from? thats a three way

funny desolation talking about hacks but rezzing mesmer in bay through walls

it would be funny; if i were the person rezzing through walls; which im not; so i can talk about people hacking all i want without it being hypocritical
one desolation hacker doesnt make the whole of desolation hackers; just as one (or two) piken hacker(s) doesnt make all pikens hackers

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Match-ups

Tsezar.6950

well the same works for the abaddon ac zoomhackers wich you call out

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jue.6493

Jue.6493

Who said that? I know there is a language barrier between us but if you need any help understanding just let me know.

in Match-ups

well the same works for the abaddon ac zoomhackers wich you call out

i didnt call out abba zoomhackers; i called out possible piken [SPRT] zoomhackers (i guess ill go build an AC where they did and see if it could hit our ACs)
- though im sure abba also have their share of morally poor players

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

in Match-ups

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

So they lost the matchup and cry that we won, instead of looking at where they failed?

Deal with it and get better, like DESO did.

To be fair its nothing to do with being better, its about numbers straight up. I don’t much like the slanging matches going on here, to be honest nobody can say how others should play , what time of night etc. I just know that during the past month Piken has done nothing but face outmanning numbers in every match-up in the past 4 weeks plus and because of that we have had people rage quitting. leaving, transferring servers etc. It’s not about us " getting good", the biggest zerg wins, that’s the bottom line.
Deso to be honest is a very organised server, they defend well /refresh siege/ man the towers and keeps and have a pretty dedicated crowd. They are still individuals at the end of the day and someone, somewhere is directing that pattern to be out and play. Only Deso (and perhaps Abbadon) can answer how they manage to gain the number that they do even at anti-social hours,and if they are kind enough to maybe pass some helpful tips in how our server can amass the numbers like they can – please do.

That is strategic placement and we at Piken should be doing more of what they have done to be honest. A great example of this is I constantly come into Piken keep and see it devoid of siege… why? I see plenty of people bragging how many siege they have amassed on chat, why not use a few of them to help defend ? I am very impressed on the haul but I would be far more impressed if you actually used them and take time to siege a keep up. After all we should have learned in these past match-ups how well others are keeping towers – so why are we not learning from them?.

On the flip side had there been any credibility to both Deso and Abbadon, we would have seen far more fights between you guys which in all honesty we saw very little. Considering the numbers you both had I find it slightly amusing none of you actually had the bottle to wipe each other from the maps on several occasions this week. Had that happened I am sure you would not have heard so much accusations as much as there had been.

Piken, well you rally good and despite the number shortage we do ok, but like Deso and Abbadon I have to say this. I am so sorry but really, guilds need to start making the conscious effort of pushing WVW to its members if you don’t like the result of these matchups. We have very committed guilds out defending out borders and EB but obviously the numbers are not enough and perhaps maybe someone reading this will start looking at creating/ pushing WvW to its guild members rather than a ratio of 85% PVE to 15% WVW attendances. If there are loose puggers invite them to guilds, give great incentives to them to give up time for wvw and stick to them. If they are in WvW already its a good sign they are committed anyways. Perhaps then the outlooks will become a lot fairer.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

in Match-ups

Rassst.5791

Noo, no pugs with SPRT here. Not a single one. Yeah)
And 3-way combat, yes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: AprilRain.7649

AprilRain.7649

I just wish Desolation and Abbadon’s Mouth had more roamers. They always seem to be traveling in packs of at least 2 or 3.

Really? That’s the only thing you could possibly come up with? Piken has plenty of roamers in EB, which is where I go usually. Don’t be fooled by the herd running behind the commanders. There are still people on Piken who like to PvP in WvW, instead of just steam-rolling enemy zergs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

What little I saw of WvW this week (had family-in-law over from Holland so pretty much day time or very late evening participation if at all from me), was an eye opener for me. A lot of fun since (contrary to what everyone is saying here) I found the blobbing almost tolerable. Skill lag was still bad but no where near as bad as when we are up against Vizunah.

Surprised by Piken coming third – I think you seem to have suffered badly this week – I honestly thought you should have been able to handle Abbadon. Pray to whatever Gods you have you don’t get VS (though I suspect it’ll be us Desonians who will suffer that fate)!

As for Abbadon – hmm .. interesting server. I love the fact that we get to play against some lower tier servers – we get a lot of very good experience and it really does improve the overall play for our guilds.

So – on to Desolation – man, we really learnt to handle VS. We may never beat them but by the Gods, we certainly know how to deal with them.

And no – I don’t mean that we blob and night-cap! We have adapted to handle those very situations, and we do it very well. To all Desonians: Well done this (and last)week! Get ready for VS :-)

To Piken and Abbadon: Thank you very much for what was on the whole a great match-up. May the Anet RNG God be kind to you in your next match-up. Good luck and good job!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

qweman.5298

And 3-way combat, yes.

You see we without mark, and how much only SPRT in raid? Running with us pugs is serious problem, and we can’t run away of them
So please don’t say that SPRT is blobing and SPRT will not tell you where you should go

Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]

in Match-ups

Rassst.5791

And 3-way combat, yes.

You see we without mark, and how much only SPRT in raid? Running with us pugs is serious problem, and we can’t run away of them
So please don’t say that SPRT is blobing and SPRT will not tell you where you should go

You can tell me where i should go and you will be banned, no problem.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stormvl.9275

Stormvl.9275

who know about Pony in SPRT? He is best!

in Match-ups

qweman.5298

We kicked him yesterday from guild

Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Must … increase … skill …

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Rassst.5791

And 3-way combat, yes.

I see at least 35 SPRT on the picture. There could be more of you. And i see quite a few pugs. And this 50+ blob is real blob.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stormvl.9275

Stormvl.9275

may be Pony leave guild?

in Match-ups

qweman.5298

I see at least 35 SPRT on the picture. There could be more of you. And i see quite a few pugs. And this 50+ blob is real blob.

and how much blobadon there? + additional desol on hill in right side

Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]

in Match-ups

Rassst.5791

qweman.5298, it is pity to see that your second in command even can’t pull his weight and needs protector like you

in Match-ups

qweman.5298

SPRT comander don’t know english

Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]

in Match-ups

Rassst.5791

and how much blobadon there? + additional desol on hill in right side

I see 10 necros on Blobaddon and 10 necros on Blobalation. And 50 PSers at least

in Match-ups

qweman.5298

I see 10 necros on Blobaddon and 10 necros on Blobalation. And 50 PSers at least

if you see this, so pugs in screen are SPRT pets lol

Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]

in Match-ups

Rassst.5791

if you see this, so pugs in screen are SPRT pets lol

My point is that i can not count Deso and Abaddon numbers at this screen, but i can count yours and they are blobby.

And your guild tells us that you never blob. And that is false.

in Match-ups

qweman.5298

And my point is that this is very funny to read that 35 man raid is a blob

Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]

in Match-ups

Tsezar.6950

peepee square is rly mad because they dont care about points!

in Match-ups

qweman.5298

peepee square … dont care about points!

yep

Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]

in Match-ups

Tsezar.6950

and is mad thats why the kid rage in the forums

in Match-ups

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

Oh come on…stop it.

All servers had smaller and bigger groups this week, even when it was just needed to keep up with the opposing servers or to take an objective.

Good luck to both servers for their next matchup. May the RNG gods in the arena net servers be with you.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Abaddon’s Mouth was able to summon an impressive amount of players this week. Almost every time I saw huge forces from AM. Big blobs after another. I didn’t meet that many in 1 vs 1, so I cannot yet form a definite opinion about their actual skill. AM seems different from other German servers I have faced. Elona Reach (ER) is running in general much more sturdy builds. More defense and sustain means less damage and burst. So in a way AM appeared like a mix of Visunah offensive glass cannon, blob after blob style (even if you wipe, more will come) and traditional well-organized German defense.

Piken was excellent open field battles, like usual. I really like fighting Piken (despite the forum complaints), because their players certainly don’t sit all day next to their arrow carts. I saw some very nice portal bomb + veil moves.

I feel that Desolation didn’t play its best this week. Our level of play was mediocre at best. Probably last week’s long-awaited win got many people’s stomach’s full. And I know that several people used this week as an opportunity level up their alts and get the vistas and points of interests for alts as well.

Believe me or not, but yesterday I had several level 3 characters in the my party. I guess that added fuel to the rumors that Desolation is just full of easy loot bags. We won with sizeable lead despite all those rally bots. But if we get to face more stacked servers, Desolation really needs to improve its own play.

Thanks for GG player calling Desolation very organized, but I think we are still far from the best server, Visunah, in this respect. Desolation players are more about personal fun and just running around, no matter what the commander was saying. I think this will remain as it is. After all this is just a game!

I had some interesting duels during my roaming e.g. against an enemy thief, when I was soloing their supply camp. But I think nobody is interested in that…

Good luck with next match up!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Really? That’s the only thing you could possibly come up with? Piken has plenty of roamers in EB, which is where I go usually. Don’t be fooled by the herd running behind the commanders. There are still people on Piken who like to PvP in WvW, instead of just steam-rolling enemy zergs.

well i rarely play EB, i mostly stick on the borderlands and i cant recall seeing a single roamer , its the same as you say abba and deso are; groups of 2+

And my point is that this is very funny to read that 35 man raid is a blob

35 players is a lot, just because you’re all in one guild doesnt make it any different to deso or abba pug ‘raids’
- note that alot of deso use a single teamspeak channel (i dont because im crazy and hate teamspeak… well… talking… people…)

and i dont understand all this ‘blob’ insulting
we blob, you blob, every server blobs

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

good is over

much more war on forum like on borders

train your GvG squads next time we meet there will be taunts going on ^^

good luck guys and have fun

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rapti Bloodspill.5302

Rapti Bloodspill.5302

Was a fun week, Desolation Commanders did really an amazing job (and people actually listening to them most of the time). Had bit more time to run around in WvW this week and it was tons of fun.
Thumbs up to Mentorn [AM] for few nice duels!

Bow before the Mighty Charr!
Rapti Bloodspill [PT] – Desolation[EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

No Idea what Bubbles is blabbering about – but I have not seen a single Abaddon or Deso guild stand alone against My Guild This Is SPARTA [SPRT] – We took your t3 Hills seevral times single handedly while there was Abaddon trying to flank us at same time. I saw over 60 players from desolaton hiding on inner hills while our Omega train killed your Wall. This didnt happen once but on number of occasion. The videos are uploaded. So come back when you can really back your words. Piken has been always the EU prime time raiders. FG left Piken and bandwagoned on Deso. Did that affect piken in any way? yes, it did. No more qeue and more quality work and less Bandwagoning and free loot bags for you. So when desolation is able to produce a Guild that can face off with This Is SPARTA [SPRT] come and complain to us. If you cannot do 1 guild that can outrun us. I will allow you 2 guilds that cover whole 80 slot togethere – come and FACE US. We will tear your T3 tower along with your Guilds defending it over and over again.

Dr Doda: This IS SPARTA [SPRT]
Second in command

AFTL faced you with 10 of our players that counts despite how many of you there actually are which tbh is huge and rather than run we did what we had to stack and charge and die under your superior numerical advantage that makes us more spartans than you would it not?

And don’t bad mouth guilds for leaving it has happened all the time on piken and every other server for that matter and it will continue indefinitely.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: LordThy.4927

LordThy.4927

So much for the “superior skills and ability to rally PUGS at all times”….

Desolation Rating: 1 852.477 NEW → 1 803.082
Piken Square Rating: 1 772.963 NEW → 1 803.857

Deso ‘won’ last matchup, while Piken ranked third.

What exactly has Desolation ‘won’?

Good luck following the ‘Ratings Chimera’!

[WIC] Freygna & alts
Sanctum of Rall [NA]
www.warinccommunity.com/forum/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

So much for the “superior skills and ability to rally PUGS at all times”….

Desolation Rating: 1 852.477 NEW -> 1 803.082
Piken Square Rating: 1 772.963 NEW -> 1 803.857

Deso ‘won’ last matchup, while Piken ranked third.

What exactly has Desolation ‘won’?

Good luck following the ‘Ratings Chimera’!

You are misquoting the rating numbers. You are looking at the current match up, which is Desolation against Kodash and Miller’s and Piken against Elona and SFR. And it is just 1.5 days from the reset, so it is way too early to tell the final results. I am glad to see that Piken is gaining rating against ER and SFR, which are both top servers, ranked higher than Desolation.

But the last Desolation vs Piken vs Abaddon’s match up ended with the following rating changes:
Desolation 1870.478 → 1852.477 (-18.001)
Piken Square 1817.242 → 1772.963 (-44.249)
Abaddon’s Mouth 1638.155 → 1704.264 (+66.109)

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/15

Abaddon’s Mouth was the one, which gained rating. If you understand anything how glicko works, this is very typical situation when a lower ranked is placed against higher ranked opponents. But Piken lost rating much more than Desolation.

And I saw so many Desolation players leveling their alts. You Piken must be so proud of getting loot bags from our level 3 characters.

Good luck with the current match up!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]