Q: 10/18: BP/YB/EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

A big shout-out to all of the roamers and guild groups we came across this week. These skilled group fights are the only reason I play this game, and I’m sure the same goes for so many of you.

So, thank you to everyone we fought. Keep up the good work, and keep roaming alive.

What skilled enemy groups did you come across? The best I found were average roamers. Even the self-proclaimed good roamers were push overs and would call in more friends when they continuously wiped with even numbers.

I’ll agree, a majority of the fights were very one-sided. But putting people down doesn’t help the overall state of the game. Be thankful for those “average roamers”, and encourage them to keep trying.

If they call in more numbers, take that as a compliment. Most importantly, show some respect. The game needs more guild groups and small man teams.

No, respect is earned.

If the self-proclaimed roamers talk smack and claim that they can 1v2 us, but get whooped in a 1v1 by someone not even running a 1v1 build, or if they repeatedly get wrecked in an even numbers fight, but call in more friends until they have twice the numbers and then talk trash, they deserve no respect.

If the self-proclaimed small-man group repeatedly loses in an even numbers fight and then simply ends up running all the way to their spawn to avoid fighting, they do not deserve respect.

If that group waits until they have significantly more players than you do in order to fight, they do not deserve respect.

If they do want respect, then they can reflect on why they lost an even-numbers engagement and see if they can change their strategy and come again with the same numbers. They can change who they target, how they approach the fight, their trait setup, class make-up etc. and come back with the same numbers to try and win. If they do that, then they deserve respect.

I have not come across any groups like that yet this week.

Not trying to start kitten, but I’m curious who these self proclaimed roamers that supposedly talked kitten are. This thread has been pretty tame in that regard, and I can’t think of anyone who posted claiming to be the best 1v1 player. Also what guild do you run with, just wondering if I ran into you at all, because if I did I would be quite surprised if you didn’t find it a good fight.

It was random people in-game that would die, join group and start talking smack etc.. I honestly don’t remember the guild tags on the occasions it happened.

I roam with the tag [STD], however the friends I play with use their own tags.

Just to clear things up, I have no problem with people who fight but aren’t good as long as they don’t resort to overwhelming numbers to win. If a person repeatedly tries to win with the same numbers and regardless of whether they end up winning or losing, it shows a certain type of mentality that I have much respect for. Challenging yourself and trying to better yourself instead of taking the easy way out is quite admirable.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

A picture says a thousand words. Who ever said that is an idiot. this picture says 1.

Alliance.

Clear as day, proof is in the pudding, let there be light. If you observe my only needed piece of evidence you will notice, clearly, that there is a fix going on between Ebay and BP. DESPITE what some would claim. Borlis to the left of me, and ebay to the right. WTF’s a man to do stuck in the middle of that fight? we won. that’s right. but who gets left in the middle? poor YB. why? B. why? Because. YB cause we love you. (that’s gold right there)

Anyhow look more if you will. Notice. that on the center of the picture is Yaks bend. and to our right. Ebay, and to our Left? borlis. now if you look back to the right, you will notice Ebay is still standing there waiting to attack us after borlis distracts us. but thats ok. keep looking. look a little more. notice to the right, where Ebay is preparing to attack us still… a single borlis. Standing there with another asuran Ebay. holding hands maybe? yea. Nuff said

cool it with the cheating and play the game how I feel it should be played. It’s clearly impossible to derail my plan thinking alternatively or taking advantage of opportunity when presents itself. Therefore you must be cheating. Luckily for each and every one of you in this screen shot I got some extra good sexin from ma’lady and I have decided to not report anyone. because I’m an extra nice guy too as well.

LMAO … what…. if anything, that screen just shows all you YB holding off BP and completely ignoring EB who isn’t attacking you either…. Not that BP wouldn’t ignore Ebags either this whole week but they were asking for it towards the end of this.

See this is why I said we need Videos of stuff. … this is why I’m always uploading videos whenever I can to youtube … (and if I had more than 2gb of physical ram to work with, I’d have TONS more videos all the time).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

krew had fun this matchup thanks to all the roaming grps we ran into was fun

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

I just want to thank all of the YB and BP who have tolerated my rather reckless attempts at 1vZerging this week.

I blame the Outmanned buff. Without repair costs, I seem to show a blatant disregard for my poor Sylvari’s life. That, and the Bloodlust; I see a group of 5+ red names and I just rage blackout.

Note to self: Billy, don’t be a hero.

Love that attitude. Most people are really afraid of dying, and I imagine it has nothing to do with repair costs. A bruised, self imposed ego hurts more than anything in the world amirite?

I watch this guy take on 2-3 people at a time regularly. He doesn’t need to worry about repair costs. Please nerf.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

A big shout-out to all of the roamers and guild groups we came across this week. These skilled group fights are the only reason I play this game, and I’m sure the same goes for so many of you.

So, thank you to everyone we fought. Keep up the good work, and keep roaming alive.

What skilled enemy groups did you come across? The best I found were average roamers. Even the self-proclaimed good roamers were push overs and would call in more friends when they continuously wiped with even numbers.

I’ll agree, a majority of the fights were very one-sided. But putting people down doesn’t help the overall state of the game. Be thankful for those “average roamers”, and encourage them to keep trying.

If they call in more numbers, take that as a compliment. Most importantly, show some respect. The game needs more guild groups and small man teams.

No, respect is earned.

If the self-proclaimed roamers talk smack and claim that they can 1v2 us, but get whooped in a 1v1 by someone not even running a 1v1 build, or if they repeatedly get wrecked in an even numbers fight, but call in more friends until they have twice the numbers and then talk trash, they deserve no respect.

If the self-proclaimed small-man group repeatedly loses in an even numbers fight and then simply ends up running all the way to their spawn to avoid fighting, they do not deserve respect.

If that group waits until they have significantly more players than you do in order to fight, they do not deserve respect.

If they do want respect, then they can reflect on why they lost an even-numbers engagement and see if they can change their strategy and come again with the same numbers. They can change who they target, how they approach the fight, their trait setup, class make-up etc. and come back with the same numbers to try and win. If they do that, then they deserve respect.

Not trying to start kitten, but I’m curious who these self proclaimed roamers that supposedly talked kitten are. This thread has been pretty tame in that regard, and I can’t think of anyone who posted claiming to be the best 1v1 player. Also what guild do you run with, just wondering if I ran into you at all, because if I did I would be quite surprised if you didn’t find it a good fight.

It was random people in-game that would die, join group and start talking smack etc.. I honestly don’t remember the guild tags on the occasions it happened.

Just to clear things up, I have no problem with people who fight but aren’t good as long as they don’t resort to overwhelming numbers to win. If a person repeatedly tries to win with the same numbers and regardless of whether they end up winning or losing, it shows a certain type of mentality that I have much respect for. Challenging yourself and trying to better yourself instead of taking the easy way out is quite admirable.

“It was random people in-game that would die, join group and start talking smack”, So they weren’t the “self-proclaimed good roamers” then? You’d know their tags if they were self-proclaimed.

I’m confused by your posts, as well as your attitude. None of these posts were directed at you nor did they include you, until of course you felt the need to interject. I think I understand why people joined your group to talk kitten now.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

(edited by Perphection.8209)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Ty to all the peeps from BP and EB who went out to fight us from some of us in SoCo. Also to some who tolerated some dumb things we were doing yesterday during our impromptu intoxication and tonics night.
Cheers and gl in your next match.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

In this thread a group that abuses perplexity runes including hammer warriors using perplexity says that nobody is as good as they are.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

Void and GLOB, thanks for the gvg’s with Borlis Brawlers this week. You’re quality guilds we’d be proud to have on our server. We enjoyed the fights and good sportsmanship, and look forward to doing it again sometime. Good luck in your match next week.

Right back at you guys! Was a nice refresher and learning experience for a lot of our members. Good luck in your match up next week also.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

We didn’t run into you guys much but you guys are definitely the best roaming from BP. Good coordination and group make up without cheese BS builds. Keep on truckin.

Thanks, some of us have been wanting to fight you guys for several months from way back when we were on Anvil Rock.

(edited by Thorp.7982)

in Match-ups

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

This 9 page thread was full of BP kittening. That is all.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

PROOF THAT EHMRY BAY AND BORLIS PASS HAVE BEEN WORKING TOGETHER AGAINST YAK’s BEND

We have managed to capture undeniable proof that the evil alliance of Ebay and BP truly existed this week in WvW working against poor Yak’s Bend!!! At around 5pm Eastern the Evil Alliance (BP and Ebay) converged on Yak’s Garrison. Around 5:15pm they turned into Bags.

Attachments:

Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

PROOF THAT EHMRY BAY AND BORLIS PASS HAVE BEEN WORKING TOGETHER AGAINST YAK’s BEND

We have managed to capture undeniable proof that the evil alliance of Ebay and BP truly existed this week in WvW working against poor Yak’s Bend!!! At around 5pm Eastern the Evil Alliance (BP and Ebay) converged on Yak’s Garrison. Around 5:15pm they turned into Bags.

what’d I say? what’d i say…

bing bang boom double dutch oven.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: grasshopper.8539

grasshopper.8539

No alliance. We just wanted to show you how much we love you by filling your bags

Edit: And its reset day = WXP train day = everyone should have wood keeps =)

Ehmry bay. now on SOS
Commander Goldiy of (ZoD)

(edited by grasshopper.8539)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lokan Tores.8736

Lokan Tores.8736

To the EB charr engineer that absolutely wrecked my thief last night by Greenlake in EBBL around 3 a.m. MST, mad props. I’ve been hit hard before but never hit like that by an engi. Good kitten work man, I’m seriously impressed.

Also, I apologize for the kittennozzle that tried to jump you at the end of the fight, he wasn’t in my group.

Satsugeisha
Yaks’ Bend
The Sixth Degree {TSD}

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

I love all of this

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethan.7182

Ethan.7182

This first week of leagues has been interesting nonetheless.

Despite being targeted by Ebay and Yak’s, we were able to salvage some fun!
(I mean, who knew YB stockpiled siege, players, commanders, and skills before this week?)

We shall meet again, and good luck to you both as you enter other matchups.
I hope you don’t get double teamed-It’s not as awesome when you are on the losing end!

Commander Ethan the Assassin|Waiting for Death| Borlis Pass

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

I don’t know what you’re talking about, I was just being opportunistic. – Ehmry Bay all week

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Evilzara owes VNG guild coffer 5g. Please make sure she pays up.

in Match-ups

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Managed 52 seconds, after that I just facepalmed and closed it down.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Azaruil.3406

No, respect is earned.

“It was random people in-game that would die, join group and start talking smack”, So they weren’t the “self-proclaimed good roamers” then? You’d know their tags if they were self-proclaimed.

I’m confused by your posts, as well as your attitude. None of these posts were directed at you nor did they include you, until of course you felt the need to interject. I think I understand why people joined your group to talk kitten now.

They called themselves good roamers when they started talking smack. I do not see how this is confusing to you. It is rather straight forward.

Additionally, this is a match-up thread and therefore any post is open for another to comment on. Don’t like it? Send private messages.

Aza

in Match-ups

Azaruil.3406

In this thread a group that abuses perplexity runes including hammer warriors using perplexity says that nobody is as good as they are.

Hey, you sound like your idols Paxa.. Main difference is that they could actually deal with even numbers.

Oh, I heard that if you log out and rejoin your wvw map, you can be right back at your spawn which means you don’t have to run away from even numbers across the map all the way back to spawn. Might save you some time in the future.

Aza

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magicclown.7052

Magicclown.7052

I sense a lot of anger.

¥€~Clownmagic~€¥ Asura Necromancer{vT}
#Nonfactor
Broliss Pass

in Match-ups

Posted by: Creepy Silent.9801

Creepy Silent.9801

I sense a lot of anger.

Dude is mad because he thinks a 7v4 to 7v6 is ok, but when its all of a sudden 7v8 its"overwhelming" numbers.

Anonymous Defender[AD][BSty]
Ehmry Bay
Tug Life

in Match-ups

Perphection.8209

I sense a lot of anger.

Dude is mad because he thinks a 7v4 to 7v6 is ok, but when its all of a sudden 7v8 its"overwhelming" numbers.

It’s times like this I wish I could enable friendly fire =)

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

in Match-ups

Azaruil.3406

I sense a lot of anger.

Is that how you were lying to yourself to make yourself feel better afterwards?

You lost every single 5v5 engagement, rapidly and then would either run back to spawn or waited until you had 4 thieves(two were adds that took part in most of the fights), 2 mesmers, 1 guard, 1 warrior, 1 engi and 1 necro to fight a group of 5-6. I am not counting the additional adds which sometimes were another necro, warrior, guard or thief as we on 2 occasions had 2-3 adds as well.

You were facing 1 necro, 1 engi, 1 warrior, 2 mesmers, one of which hopped onto a staff ele later on and a guard who came later on as well. That is 5 and later 6.

You know what you could have done? Instead of waiting and calling in more people, fought with even numbers and tried harder, but instead you followed the typical zergbaby mentality of calling in more numbers.

You’re pretty much one step away from fighting next to a tower and having 2 of your guildies manning cannons.

If you want to make excuses such as “oh, cheesy builds” then you can do so. At the end of the day, you know that you repeatedly lost even numbered fights and instead of trying different tactics, you called in more numbers.

Aza

in Match-ups

Perphection.8209

I sense a lot of anger.

You lost every single 5v5 engagement, rapidly and then would either run back to spawn or waited until you had 4 thieves(two were adds that took part in most of the fights), 2 mesmers, 1 guard, 1 warrior, 1 engi and 1 necro to fight a group of 5-6. I am not counting the additional adds which sometimes were another necro, warrior, guard or thief as we on 2 occasions had 2-3 adds as well.

You were facing 1 necro, 1 engi, 1 warrior, 2 mesmers, one of which hopped onto a staff ele later on and a guard who came later on as well. That is 5 and later 6.

You know what you could have done? Instead of waiting and calling in more people, fought with even numbers and tried harder, but instead you followed the typical zergbaby mentality of calling in more numbers.

You’re pretty much one step away from fighting next to a tower and having 2 of your guildies manning cannons.

If you want to make excuses such as “oh, cheesy builds” then you can do so. At the end of the day, you know that you repeatedly lost even numbered fights and instead of trying different tactics, you called in more numbers.

LOL, what happened to “It was random people in-game that would die, join group and start talking smack etc.. I honestly don’t remember the guild tags on the occasions it happened.”

This is why I’m confused by your posts. That’s a lot of detail for someone who doesn’t remember.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Creepy Silent.9801

Creepy Silent.9801

I sense a lot of anger.

I logged on in the middle of the fight, wasn’t even there for the initial fight. But it’s okay, no sense in arguing with you. In any mmo, there is always a cancerous group of people who play the game that think they are gods gift to the world. You fit just into that category.

Players like you talk about “good fights” but that’s now what you want. You only seek to win, and throw every excuse possible when they lose. Get off your high horse, your nothing special. Nobody wants respect from you, because nobody respects you, even your own server.

Anonymous Defender[AD][BSty]
Ehmry Bay
Tug Life

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

BP is no fun…killing my poor Ranger running around in your BL with a kite…the kite is a universal sign of peace!

Therefore, for your further amusement a best-of quotes from BP from this week:

“This has been the worst WvW matchup in my career.”
“I’ll pretend we’re red this week.”
“Is someone really paying Yaks a gold an hour that they hold our borderland?”

And, a somewhat older, but classic quote that shouldn’t be missing here:

“If YB doesn’t come third this week i’m gonna transfer”

Cheers!

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

There ya go, now that’s how you take a convincing screenshot.
Admittedly I have no idea when that ever happened though … could have been weeks ago :p

…the kite is a universal sign of peace!

….too bad the Ranger icon is a universal sign for “Please Kill me, I don’t belong in WvW”

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

I sense a lot of anger.

Repeatedly? You guys fell back 2 times less than we did and we wiped you on that last fight before you guys disappeared. Well I take that back, we ran around for about 5-6 more minutes without you guys showing up again, I guess it was those extra pugs that showed up. Also we didn’t have 2 people running perplexity, so grats that you can spam condis and have that carry you. Its gonna be great how even more irrelevant people like you will be when they fix perplexity, lulz.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

A hammer warrior putting up close to 20 stacks of confusion in a couple of seconds is the definition of broken cheese. Everyone knows this. Any decent roaming group acknowledges that it is over the top broken kitten and most don’t do it.

Many of the fights we only had four. Later we had six. There were PUGs on both sides that gave a numbers advantage to one side or other at different times. But, instead of just saying nice fights or just remaining silent you have post some passive-aggressive insulting crap.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ouro.5846

Ouro.5846

That Comrade Ouro guy is one good looking Charr Guardian…