SoR/Blackgate/Mag 11/08/2013 Gold week 4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Lot of pve’ers think what they do is complex and skillful, too.

PVE can require skill if it’s difficult enough. It’s just a totally different skillset than the one PvPers develop.

Different toolsets for different obstacles.

Except there is no difficult PvE…

Go do lvl70+ fractals

Been there, done that. Not worth spending more time doing it as the rewards suck and it’s monotonous.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Lot of pve’ers think what they do is complex and skillful, too.

PVE can require skill if it’s difficult enough. It’s just a totally different skillset than the one PvPers develop.

Different toolsets for different obstacles.

Go do lvl70+ fractals

Been there, done that. Not worth spending more time doing it as the rewards suck and it’s monotonous.

Takes more player ability to progress through those fractals than it does to blob around

Also, to the Mag group that got 2v6’d at Astralholme…. oh boy.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

That’s just your opinion. I have far less experience with PvE than I do with PvP so i often find myself clueless in dungeons and fractals.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

That’s just your opinion. I have far less experience with PvE than I do with PvP so i often find myself clueless in dungeons and fractals.

LoS npcs into clump, spam high dps, dodge telegraphed instagib skills, stagger interrupt skills if necessary. There, you can do most PvE now. In the advanced class we’ll cover topics such as conjure weapons, skipping trash, and dodging into corners at point blank.

in Match-ups

hybrid.5027

LoS npcs into clump, spam high dps, dodge telegraphed instagib skills, stagger interrupt skills if necessary.

WvW: players clump, spam auto attack, play tag with blue dorrito.

in Match-ups

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

Where are the mag roamers at this time? I’m on SoR BL not sure where the guys in front of BG spawn went.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

PvP: Focus squishy and/or easily disabled targets first, res teammates when downed, stomp enemies when downed, learn to read buff bar.

EDIT: Sounds simple and yet downed state management is one of the most crucial differences between what I consider to be good players/teams and bad players/teams.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Match-ups

hybrid.5027

PvP: Focus squishy and/or easily disabled targets first, res teammates when downed, stomp enemies when downed, learn to read buff bar.

EDIT: Sounds simple and yet downed state management is one of the most crucial differences between what I consider to be good players/teams and bad players/teams.

Pretty much sums it. You can pull any format down to the base to make it sound braindead easy. It’s what happens when you start looking at what makes good and bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

t1 is bizarro world where points still matter, roamers hang out by sieged up towers because red names are scary, and rams are forsaken and replaced with blobs of autoattackers.

also im getting kicked from my guild to post this

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Where are the mag roamers at this time? I’m on SoR BL not sure where the guys in front of BG spawn went.

Mag is dead soon as midnight PST rolls around, no roamers or zergs GG

GM – [Ark]ham

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

But thats the best time for roaming in T1…

Also that’s when most of the dueling happens, PST midnight till around SEA time.

(edited by celeron.3469)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

That’s because once the clock strikes midnite, our zerg ball turns into a pumpkin, and our roamers turn back into mice.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Well at least this thread has something new being discussed. Its still kitten, but new kitten.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

With their performance this week Mag just might end up taking the PvF league!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

BG has been in the same place as SoR with the random dissapearance of people but Mag srsly? You just make it into t1 and the only thing on your map i’ve died to today is wolves and that’s because they’re Op as kitten

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Is that also why you instantly release? I keep trying to get my flute out but you all seem in such a rush to give me those bags back and respawn before I can get through the first bar of Taps.

As for numbers, I’ll leave this pic here from an hour ago when we had about 10.

Sorry I didn’t know you were going to play me some music. Maybe you should be like oPP and start doing that while they are in downed state. There’s really no reason to wait around otherwise. I’m the warrior btw, the one your 10-15 man group has only killed about 3 times. I enjoy making glass cannons look silly though. The only people I used to 2 shot were uplevels… seems I need to add maguuma to that list.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Blackgate commanding:

Takes Stonemist
“OK guys I really want to be able to push on SoR later tonight”
“Build these ACs. Build this treb too. You can treb Klovan from here right?”
Zerg builds 3 ACs 1 treb in Stonemist
15 minutes later …
Scout calls 20 SoR SM inner west gate, rams down
Commander decides not to defend SM
What! You built siege in SM and then decide not to defend it??
“I … changed my mind”
“Feel free to tag up if you don’t like it”

I don’t have an issue with mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. Earlier for example I did a bad portal into inner SM, getting everyone killed and delaying us taking SM by a long while. But I do take issue with making mistakes and pretending it wasn’t a mistake. Some people spent a lot of time running supply to SM, building more ACs, as well as scouting, under the illusion that we were going to defend SM. If the idea was to not defend SM in the first place, make it clear from the beginning and we could’ve saved time, blueprints and supply. We could’ve done some roaming, flipped some camps, or joined the main zerg.

Shame on the people who defended the commander too. Yes, she’s from one of BG’s most prominent WvW guilds and yes, blood is thicker than water, but mistakes are still mistakes and should be recognized as such. It’s only when mistakes are recognized that they can be fixed and not repeated in the future. To do something like offer to compensate the people who were building ACs does not help, and in fact is the kind of thing that makes me less inclined to join said commanders’ zerg in the future.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

Btw you had more than 8 against 3 oPP( 2 on toons they hardly ever play i might add) and some pugs but why am i expecting you of all people to be honest.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Long story short. Mag wiped the floor with you guys and you only pushed us with twice as much people. On a side note, anet is stupid for immobilize stacking.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

celeron.3469

Long story short. Mag wiped the floor with you guys and you only pushed us with twice as much people. On a side note, anet is stupid for immobilize stacking.

Yeah you guys sure did good, 3 oPP never stood a chance. Looks like you enjoyed my immob, you’re welcome.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

Lol. Well, at least now I know not to bother looking for oPP. If getting owned and making up excuses is all you can do, there are better fights out there.

Btw you had more than 8 against 3 oPP( 2 on toons they hardly ever play i might add) and some pugs but why am i expecting you of all people to be honest.

Would you look at that, an excuse why you couldn’t deal with a mixed Mag group with your mixed group.

in Match-ups

FrownyClown.8402

Yeah you guys sure did good, 3 oPP never stood a chance. Looks like you enjoyed my immob, you’re welcome.

so you are suggesting your spawn only had 3 people defending?

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

oPP so sick at roaming. Only spawn camp and push out when they outnumber the enemy. Not to mention the continuous retreats to their tower, and running to cannon range.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

TheThiefMaster.3812

Lol. Well, at least now I know not to bother looking for oPP. If getting owned and making up excuses is all you can do, there are better fights out there.

Would you look at that, an excuse why you couldn’t deal with a mixed Mag group with your mixed group.

Your delusion is a sight to behold , you had all VR and kitten while , save for 3 oPP , none the guys we had were in the same guilds and you outnumbered us ( the part you seem to ignore or understand).

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP

in Match-ups

FrownyClown.8402

Your delusion is a sight to behold , you had all VR and kitten while , save for 3 oPP , none the guys we had were in the same guilds and you outnumbered us ( the part you seem to ignore or understand).

And you guys had like 20 when you pushed us. Not to mention copying with venom share.

Bad Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: AlfieStowers.4219

AlfieStowers.4219

I’m waiting for the music, flute guy.

aw, he went offline, what a shame. I did have a mad VR jump on me though. hahaha

I wasn’t mad. Was just jumping on you ‘cause it’s funny watching an “opp” roamer jump around doing nothing.

Ze Illusionist – (OG)

in Match-ups

TheThiefMaster.3812

oPP so sick at roaming. Only spawn camp and push out when they outnumber the enemy. Not to mention the continuous retreats to their tower, and running to cannon range.

yea i agree we are total trash for not pushing out against 6/7 VR and some kitten with our 3 guys. :-)

and ahem whats with this perplexity thing Mag got going , even the mobs around spawn got that rune , don’t trust yourself to be good enough without the help of overpowered runes?

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP

in Match-ups

TheThiefMaster.3812

Even number then you cower in that invul spot at your spawn for god knows how long , only push when you got more.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Blackgate commanding:

Takes Stonemist
“OK guys I really want to be able to push on SoR later tonight”
“Build these ACs. Build this treb too. You can treb Klovan from here right?”
Zerg builds 3 ACs 1 treb in Stonemist
15 minutes later …
Scout calls 20 SoR SM inner west gate, rams down
Commander decides not to defend SM
What! You built siege in SM and then decide not to defend it??
“I … changed my mind”
“Feel free to tag up if you don’t like it”

I don’t have an issue with mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. Earlier for example I did a bad portal into inner SM, getting everyone killed and delaying us taking SM by a long while. But I do take issue with making mistakes and pretending it wasn’t a mistake. Some people spent a lot of time running supply to SM, building more ACs, as well as scouting, under the illusion that we were going to defend SM. If the idea was to not defend SM in the first place, make it clear from the beginning and we could’ve saved time, blueprints and supply. We could’ve done some roaming, flipped some camps, or joined the main zerg.

Shame on the people who defended the commander too. Yes, she’s from one of BG’s most prominent WvW guilds and yes, blood is thicker than water, but mistakes are still mistakes and should be recognized as such. It’s only when mistakes are recognized that they can be fixed and not repeated in the future. To do something like offer to compensate the people who were building ACs does not help, and in fact is the kind of thing that makes me less inclined to join said commanders’ zerg in the future.

On that, I actually stopped following that commander at an earlier time when she did not get on SoR’s tail as they get on durios, giving them full retreat back into SMC. Sure, we didn’t lose anything, but we had all that was needed to wipe them. And to me, a lost opportunity is a lost.

That said though, no one else was willing to tag up at the time and this hour has always been BG’s slowest. Skill can be honed over time, I’d much rather we help each other improve in a positive environment, that invites people to learn together, rather than pointing at fingers when things don’t work out. The accusations do not help the server, all it does is discourage people from taking up the commanding role.

And if you are going to do your own thing, kindly do not speak up. The negative vibe will spread. We’ve done a good job keeping morale higher than our enemies, don’t let a small thing spoil the enjoyment out of the game.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

Hello all,

I wanted to just say thank you for all the friendly messages I’ve picked up on here / in game from people across all servers, I dunno how people find out things sometimes but it’s nice to know that we here in GW2 have a decent and supportive community (even if we do all troll like bosses).

So see you on the battlefield and good luck to all this reset!

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in Match-ups

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Wow. I got to make a sammich and the same two guys are quoting their own posts talking about each fight.

If I “run away” it’s because eles have super long cds. If I’m using s/d, my health is super low. If I’m using staff, I can kite for days. I’m just not spec’d for your immobilize spam that you guys are running right now, so of course I’m not going to just stand in 1 place and wait for it.

I don’t know why this celeron guy is even responding if he wasn’t involved. Nothing he says makes any sense.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Synyster.5894

Synyster.5894

(New Forum Roamer’s Rule) Picture/Video or it didn’t happen.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Well this sucks. 400PPT during my prime time and not much opposition apart from turtles inside keeps. Might be time for me to leave BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Well this sucks. 400PPT during my prime time and not much opposition apart from turtles inside keeps. Might be time for me to leave BG

Unfortunately SoR seems to have the late NA early oceanic as a really weak spot. I have a feeling next week the table will turned against BG when we are facing JQ at this time zone.

Blackgate Engineer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Unfortunately SoR seems to have the late NA early oceanic as a really weak spot. I have a feeling next week the table will turned against BG when we are facing JQ at this time zone.

I am looking forward to the BG vs JQ matchup next week as well. Should be an awesome bag fest for both sides

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Wrex,

Great to hear that you are better, am really happy.

On a serious note, all the asian otakus miss you loads. See you back in WvW.

FW

Hello all,

I wanted to just say thank you for all the friendly messages I’ve picked up on here / in game from people across all servers, I dunno how people find out things sometimes but it’s nice to know that we here in GW2 have a decent and supportive community (even if we do all troll like bosses).

//Wrex

[SoX] – JQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

…. we need SoR trollers here.

Mag troll is just trash talking …. no drama / history ….

BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Mag troll is just trash talking …. no drama / history ….

Did I ever tell you about the time Joseph Stalin looted DE|RP’s guild bank?

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

Guess I play at different times then all the good Maguma roamers ;P Lots of perplex Maguma roamers that are terrible, I have noticed that. Back pedal more!

I bet you 5v1ed them like most ive seen tonight

I run around solo 80% of the time – I saw 1 Mag thief by him/herself and that’s it. Had a few good 1v2’s but always had more enemy’s come or unwanted help from my own server. Had a few good/long fights was some roaming warrior – He was skilled and would stop if someone tried to help him or, and me vise versa which is pretty cool of him ;P Don’t see that much.

I did notice Mag don’t run many more then 5 if they are havoc/roaming to BG’s 10-15, so that was nice ;P

Look forward to the week when things calm down and more people are solo roaming exct. Hopefully they aren’t all perplex ;P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

Over 300 posts and 7 pages with like only 3 SoR guys posting.

I’m impressed, keep up the good work!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

We’re just bored of the same posts from BG week in week out..

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

I heard they’re busy donating bags to that Noodles guy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

We’re just bored of the same posts from BG week in week out..

says the guy who left his guild to post on the forums week in and week out

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

What is with everyone on Badgegate running bunkers when they roam? I realize that you dudes are terrible and face tank everything, but you’re never going to get better if you play such forgiving easy mode builds. Strap on some damage and let’s have a fight that doesn’t last 10 minutes.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

On that, I actually stopped following that commander at an earlier time when she did not get on SoR’s tail as they get on durios, giving them full retreat back into SMC. Sure, we didn’t lose anything, but we had all that was needed to wipe them. And to me, a lost opportunity is a lost.

That said though, no one else was willing to tag up at the time and this hour has always been BG’s slowest. Skill can be honed over time, I’d much rather we help each other improve in a positive environment, that invites people to learn together, rather than pointing at fingers when things don’t work out. The accusations do not help the server, all it does is discourage people from taking up the commanding role.

And if you are going to do your own thing, kindly do not speak up. The negative vibe will spread. We’ve done a good job keeping morale higher than our enemies, don’t let a small thing spoil the enjoyment out of the game.

Fair point but mistakes need to be acknowledged or they’ll never be fixed. Skill gets honed when mistakes are recognized and never repeated. Positive environment can be generated if the commander talked to her zerg. Something as arbitrary as “I changed my mind” is just going to lose her teammates’ confidence.

As for not speaking up, won’t that not just doom the commander to repeat the same mistakes again, but also eventually lead to frustration when the map’s fully queued but there’s insufficient force in the zerg to take anything?

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

What is with everyone on Badgegate running bunkers when they roam? I realize that you dudes are terrible and face tank everything, but you’re never going to get better if you play such forgiving easy mode builds. Strap on some damage and let’s have a fight that doesn’t last 10 minutes.

Everyone’s running tanky builds, they’re the meta.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Everyone’s running tanky builds, they’re the meta.

Every bad player is running tanky builds, they’re the bad player meta.

And stop running regen stun warriors. It doesn’t get any more delta bravo than that.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

in Match-ups

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Everything in excess is horrible for solo raoming. That include both too much bunker and too much zerker. Against a full tanky player, the 1v1 duels are boring due to the time it takes to finish (sometimes it never ends unless the 1v1 becomes 1v2 or higher scale). Against a full berserker is also boring because there is no challenge on defeating these too squishy players.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Hello all,

//Wrex

Welcome back. Its good to see you are doing better. Now get out and fight !

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus