SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Not sure what adversity BuyingbreadGate had when they had ZDS to pvd every night… It could have been fun and close if they didn’t recruit that guild, heh.

Yeah no doubt. One guild can really change everything. 0.o

We realize you are a recent transfer to BG so don’t have the full history of Tier 1 back in the day…

That said, you will have missed what happened when IRON first joined the fray and triggered SOR’s first gold medal victory alongside reeling off another 5++ more weeks of gold medals. BG is so honorable and mature, am sure none of your server mates came to the forum to do da qq back in those days,

Again, no big deal, you are a recent transfer so wasn’t around during this time so you wouldn’t remember what “One guild” playing at a 6 hour window during the other servers off peak can have on duh ppt.

Your sarcasm could use some work. Anyways, here is what I said about that at the time. It was easy to find because it’s on page 1 of my top rated posts.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/Tier-1-SoR-BG-JQ-05-17-2013/page/20#post2080910

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Every server will take a hit and am sure will result in the juggling of tiers and server ranks at a cataclysmic level.

No, it won’t.

Every server taking a hit means the ranks will be the same, except with fewer people playing on each server. There’s no reason to believe that T1 loses 90% of its players, and T5 only loses 5%, and suddenly SoS is T1 material.

If anything, the obscenely large overall population of all T1 servers + TC will act as a buffer and ensure they never drop tiers in the event that a lot of players move on to a hot release of another game. (That game won’t be ESO, it’s garbage.)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: hints.8036

hints.8036

Your reset report across all 3 BL’s.

Loot stats: 90+ bags + 2 exotics.
Map stats: JQ has WP in 2 BL’s. SoR/BG = None.
PPT stats: ~1-2K lead.

JQ BL (led by SF):
I was 30 min late on this reset (fortunately the queue was MUCH shorter because we are only left with our WvWers – the queue was 15 min on home BL!). When I got in, we were already getting 2v1. (Wiped BG 3 min) (Wiped SoR 1 min)

At this point, we decided to let BG repair our garrison for us. (1 min) (30s)

For the most part we (just like last week) wanted to communicate to SoR that we are more interested in taking down the more populated server. But the 2v1 continued for a little bit..

At this point, SoR changed their mind and realized that they are not getting the profitable end of this 2v1 – mainly because BG backstab SoR @ Bay:

To show goodwill, we decided to push further into BG:

The map then kind of went quiet for 1 hour with no sign of BG..I don’t know if they map hopped (see BG BL below) or gave up for the night.

BG BL (led by SG):
Meanwhile, our 20 SG friends at BG BL were getting 2v1 hard @ Bay. Since there’s no queue anymore (limited OCX coverage) so we map hopped.

SoR BL (led by HzH):
I didn’t spend much time in SoR BL, but HzH managed to get us a WP plus reasonable amount of supply. I have no idea how they did it since they didn’t really have the number when I hopped over and the Hills WP is generally harder to get than the Bay one.

http://twitch.tv/risenfall (delayed stream)

Lvl80(Rank) – Eng(362) Necro(245) Mes(245) Thief(131) Guard(131) Ele(29)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Gentlemen, it’s been a heck of a season. And this is the summary of it from my perspective.

The drama’s began before the season even started, with MERC jumping ship to Jade Quarry and backstabbing Blackgate which was a shock to the whole WvW community. Many MERC’s were against the move and stayed, just as many moved to Jade Quarry, and the MERC civil war still rages on to this day.

Remember Jade Quarry getting the easy draw and the amount of complaints on the forums? Some Jade Quarry posters stated that this was a fair decision and that they deserved an easy draw because there were the top seed.

The draw lead to the 2v1 against JQ in week 1. For the first time in guild wars 2 history, SoR and BG focused a common enemy. It was a milestone moment which both servers wanted to ensure that Jade Quarry would finish in 3rd, for their own benefit.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/115

This result opened up league to be there for the taking for any tier 1 server.

In week 2, SoR were now looking like the hot favourites to challenge for the season. And they didn’t disappoint with a dominating effort against Blackgate on the opening weekend. BG waned and SoR took charge of the situation, with SoR heading towards a 17k lead only 2 days into the matchup. Blackgate then rallied and dismantled Sanctum of Rall’s 17k lead by the end of the 3rd day. The scores remained tight until halfway during the 4th day, that saw a monumentual collapse by SoR.
Halfway during this matchup, ZDs also joined Blackgate, with many people crying foul play and how this was unfair.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/117

In week 3 many expected a strong showing by Sanctum of Rall to make up for the week before. But this was not to happen with SoR putting in an insipid performance. Infighting raged on their server and this was them giving up on the season.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/119

Week 4 was an easy victory for BG against SoR due to events in the previous weeks.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/121

Sad news reached tier 1 when IRON decided to leave the North American servers, and head back home to Europe. They brought many great fights, class (in game) and balance to tier 1. They will be missed.

Week 5 saw the much awaited showdown between Jade Quarry and Blackgate, the winner of this matchup was to be the champions. And it didn’t disappoint. These 2 power houses traded blows, the fighting was heavy and intense across all of the borderlands. Blackgate edged out a narrow lead of 4k, with Jade Quarry coming back to get a small lead of their own. The matchup continued like this until it came to the middle of the week, which saw the morale of Jade Quarry wane across the entire server, leading to their server conceding the loss.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/123

With weeks 6 and 7 being formalities, Blackgate was now crowned the deserved champions of Gold League.

Best of luck to Sanctum of Rall for the future, your server has been a rock solid community that always puts comradery and fun above all else. I hope your server can rebuild and continue to be the great server that it’s always been.

To Jade Quarry, despite the draw, your server deserved to be classed as the favourites and you proved it in the match ups. You’ve got one hell of a community with a lot of very organised guilds and you put up a great fight. Good luck for next time.

Now to everyone on Blackgate…

Our community on Blackgate has faced enormous adversity, and has managed to stand up against all odds to achieve this. Well done to everyone on Blackgate for believing in the server, sticking up for each other, for staying up late and working for each other. It feels me with great pride to be part of such an amazing community. Thanks Blackgate.

Good game everyone and have fun!

Good synopsis
But you did miss 2 other guild “drama” details: SoR guild DIE left to go to Ehmry bay, and SoR guild RISE lost a few commanders to personal life stuff. DIE left before IRON if I remember correctly. And RISE was I want to say week 2 or 3.

However, I have been hearing rumors that both DIE and the RISE commanders are apparently planning to be back on SoR early next year or something.

Anyways, despite all the drama and forum posting, I definitely had fun this season, and I got extra rewards for doing stuff I would have done anyway (minus the jump puzzles) so that’s neat too.

Good luck to BG, JQ and SoR in this and all future matchups.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

To everyone on JQ who spent the last 3 hours defending your garrison on EBG, GOOD GAME, and awesome battles.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

LOLwut Cirus? Are you kidding me? Just stawp with the MERC stuff already. We’re all kitten friends still. calm down!

Superseriouscyruscirus!

I love you long time mate! And to all my ex guildies I see on the field. I miss you. And maybe one day we’ll be together again! <3

As much as you would like the MERC move ramifications to fade quietly away, I think they’ll keep following the main individuals involved. Potentially for years and across games.

Imo, the only thing in gaming that matters in the long term is your reputation, built through your achievements and actions in game. Everything else is digital detritus.

When you take a move that splits a community, insult those that you left behind, and refuse to acknowledge that there were negative aspects to the move, people remember. Particularly, if you like sunbathing in the forum limelight and can’t keep picking at the scabs.

<shrug> I counselled one of your leadership about this at the time.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Pretty fun 4 1/2 hours in EB. Very profitable. Hit 50k kills so thx

Attachments:

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreamciqul.4617

Kreamciqul.4617

Gentlemen, it’s been a heck of a season. And this is the summary of it from my perspective.

The drama’s began before the season even started, with MERC jumping ship to Jade Quarry and backstabbing Blackgate which was a shock to the whole WvW community. Many MERC’s were against the move and stayed, just as many moved to Jade Quarry, and the MERC civil war still rages on to this day.

Remember Jade Quarry getting the easy draw and the amount of complaints on the forums? Some Jade Quarry posters stated that this was a fair decision and that they deserved an easy draw because there were the top seed.

The draw lead to the 2v1 against JQ in week 1. For the first time in guild wars 2 history, SoR and BG focused a common enemy. It was a milestone moment which both servers wanted to ensure that Jade Quarry would finish in 3rd, for their own benefit.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/115

This result opened up league to be there for the taking for any tier 1 server.

In week 2, SoR were now looking like the hot favourites to challenge for the season. And they didn’t disappoint with a dominating effort against Blackgate on the opening weekend. BG waned and SoR took charge of the situation, with SoR heading towards a 17k lead only 2 days into the matchup. Blackgate then rallied and dismantled Sanctum of Rall’s 17k lead by the end of the 3rd day. The scores remained tight until halfway during the 4th day, that saw a monumentual collapse by SoR.
Halfway during this matchup, ZDs also joined Blackgate, with many people crying foul play and how this was unfair.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/117

In week 3 many expected a strong showing by Sanctum of Rall to make up for the week before. But this was not to happen with SoR putting in an insipid performance. Infighting raged on their server and this was them giving up on the season.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/119

Week 4 was an easy victory for BG against SoR due to events in the previous weeks.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/121

Sad news reached tier 1 when IRON decided to leave the North American servers, and head back home to Europe. They brought many great fights, class (in game) and balance to tier 1. They will be missed.

Week 5 saw the much awaited showdown between Jade Quarry and Blackgate, the winner of this matchup was to be the champions. And it didn’t disappoint. These 2 power houses traded blows, the fighting was heavy and intense across all of the borderlands. Blackgate edged out a narrow lead of 4k, with Jade Quarry coming back to get a small lead of their own. The matchup continued like this until it came to the middle of the week, which saw the morale of Jade Quarry wane across the entire server, leading to their server conceding the loss.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/123

With weeks 6 and 7 being formalities, Blackgate was now crowned the deserved champions of Gold League.

Best of luck to Sanctum of Rall for the future, your server has been a rock solid community that always puts comradery and fun above all else. I hope your server can rebuild and continue to be the great server that it’s always been.

To Jade Quarry, despite the draw, your server deserved to be classed as the favourites and you proved it in the match ups. You’ve got one hell of a community with a lot of very organised guilds and you put up a great fight. Good luck for next time.

Now to everyone on Blackgate…

Our community on Blackgate has faced enormous adversity, and has managed to stand up against all odds to achieve this. Well done to everyone on Blackgate for believing in the server, sticking up for each other, for staying up late and working for each other. It feels me with great pride to be part of such an amazing community. Thanks Blackgate.

Good game everyone and have fun!

Good synopsis
But you did miss 2 other guild “drama” details: SoR guild DIE left to go to Ehmry bay, and SoR guild RISE lost a few commanders to personal life stuff. DIE left before IRON if I remember correctly. And RISE was I want to say week 2 or 3.

However, I have been hearing rumors that both DIE and the RISE commanders are apparently planning to be back on SoR early next year or something.

Anyways, despite all the drama and forum posting, I definitely had fun this season, and I got extra rewards for doing stuff I would have done anyway (minus the jump puzzles) so that’s neat too.

Good luck to BG, JQ and SoR in this and all future matchups.

we’ll be back just hibernating until Jarvan gets stuff sorted out. Late dec/jan!

[RISE]
Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: CRO.7658

CRO.7658

LOLwut Cirus? Are you kidding me? Just stawp with the MERC stuff already. We’re all kitten friends still. calm down!

Superseriouscyruscirus!

I love you long time mate! And to all my ex guildies I see on the field. I miss you. And maybe one day we’ll be together again! <3

As much as you would like the MERC move ramifications to fade quietly away, I think they’ll keep following the main individuals involved. Potentially for years and across games.

Imo, the only thing in gaming that matters in the long term is your reputation, built through your achievements and actions in game. Everything else is digital detritus.

When you take a move that splits a community, insult those that you left behind, and refuse to acknowledge that there were negative aspects to the move, people remember. Particularly, if you like sunbathing in the forum limelight and can’t keep picking at the scabs.

MERC moving to JQ was a great thing for the game. Imagine the result if we all stayed on BG.

The only animosity that is still present is from former MERC staying on BG. We on JQ have moved on and are enjoying our game.

And Cirus, seriously dude, expected better from you than to take a jab.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Superseriouscyruscirus!

MERC moving to JQ was a great thing for the game. Imagine the result if we all stayed on BG.

The only animosity that is still present is from former MERC staying on BG. We on JQ have moved on and are enjoying our game.

Yeah he has changed a lot, and the comment about a “civil war” was pretty funny as its the myopic overstatement of the century as generally we just play the game with no actual rivalry. Just chill out cirus and cuds, its a game; you bang your pixels against an opponents pixels and get some pixels as a reward, if you die in a game you don’t die IRL. You don’t counter a perceived amount of venom by trash talking yourself, so in all due respect get off our nuts please.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

MERC moved months ago several weeks before leagues started. The guildies who stayed behind or went back to BG are happy with their decision. ….. I hear about it enough ingame and hear them in ts to at least see that much. My guildies with me on JQ seem enthused with new guilds to meet and people to play with – let alone the new recruits who chose to join us.

The only people I see stirring stuff about it still are the original officers of MERC (before move) who are upset still. And all I can say to that is we miss you guys but whats done is done. We can’t undo the past even if we so desired but we all have to move forward.

I hold no grudge against you all. My guildies hold no grudge against you. We don’t hunt our ex friends down and yell about it in TS. The number of times I’ve run into bratalix (you baddie :P), frost (dat afro), omicat (<3), that baddie veld (trololol) amoung others would surprise you and all that happens is a couple bashes to the face…. realize who it is and jump around a lot pming each other.

Much love,
SilverSpells

The LOVE asura <3

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Superseriouscyruscirus!

Yeah he has changed a lot, and the comment about a “civil war” was pretty funny as its the myopic overstatement of the century as generally we just play the game with no actual rivalry. Just chill out cirus and cuds, its a game; you bang your pixels against an opponents pixels and get some pixels as a reward, if you die in a game you don’t die IRL. You don’t counter a perceived amount of venom by trash talking yourself, so in all due respect get off our nuts please.

Merc has provided much help and kindness in WvW for JQ. /salute you all.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

and bread

/15asura

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: MackTheKnife.1940

MackTheKnife.1940

Merc has provided much help and kindness in WvW for JQ. /salute you all.

We’ve felt very welcome, ty to everyone on JQ!

Fleur The Knife – Jade Quarry
[MERC] Black Lion Mercenary

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Well, Fleur does keep losing garrison >.<

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Just going to clarify, when I said “and the MERC civil war still rages on to this day.” I said this for dramatic effective in reference to fighting each other on the battlefield, not cross fighting between actual people.

As has been said, many people from both sides are still very good friends.

I mentioned MERC as a season highlight, because MERC has a big impact on tier 1 and has been one of the power guilds for more than a year. Much like IRON has also had a massive impact on tier 1 since they came to North America, which is also why I mentioned their departure as a highlight.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, there was no disrespect intended.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

(edited by Cirus.5748)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I hold no grudge against you all. My guildies hold no grudge against you. We don’t hunt our ex friends down and yell about it in TS. The number of times I’ve run into bratalix (you baddie :P), frost (dat afro), omicat (<3), that baddie veld (trololol) amoung others would surprise you and all that happens is a couple bashes to the face…. realize who it is and jump around a lot pming each other.

This is really weird. Why aren’t you killing them if you are such good friends? I always kill my friends when I see them in WvW.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I hold no grudge against you all.

Bizarre string of posts from JQ MERC saying as much, but duh, you guys left. It’s like forgiving someone after you’ve ran them over.

(edited by UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

and bread

/15asura

So important.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

It’s understandable how one can get the wrong impression from " backstabbing Blackgate ".

No disrespect, guys.

No hard feelings between you guys.

Water under the bridge, for sure.

Didn’t mean to offend y’all.

We’re all good. Just a simple misunderstanding.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

It’s understandable how one can get the wrong impression from " backstabbing Blackgate ".

No disrespect, guys.

That’s how Blackgate felt, they were uninformed, it was sudden, it was just before the new season, it left a gaping whole in Oceanic at the worst possible timing.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

No disrespect, guys.

That’s how Blackgate felt, they were uninformed, it was sudden, it was just before the new season, it left a gaping whole in Oceanic at the worst possible timing.

man still going on about this,
even sor was aware of merc moving.
50% of merc was dual reps and those guys did enough talking so most guilds on bg were aware.

ign: Stealthzor

(edited by Stealth.8150)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Why are we still talking about this crap

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

I hold no grudge against you all.

Bizarre string of posts from JQ MERC saying as much, but duh, you guys left. It’s like forgiving someone after you’ve ran them over.

Think what you will but lots has happened between the merc guildies even before and after. This is purely directed at current and ex guildies.

In conclusion meow meow! And bear force one

The LOVE asura <3

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

Old wounds have failed to heal — not enough bread in diet.

But c’mon, BG-MERC, don’t you guys think all this is a little ironic? Bit of the old ‘pot calling the kettle black’.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

(edited by magikfox.9658)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Inb4 GvG MERC vs Van-MERC

Awwww yisss.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

No disrespect, guys.

Cough Sea of Sorrows cough….

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Awwww yisss.

this i gotta see, this should be Pay per view only.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Awwww yisss.

this i gotta see, this should be Pay per view only.

I’ll be front row right next to Don King.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Cuddlepie.8109

A good question, let me offer some possibilities:

1. Because what you did and how you did it mattered to the people behind the pixels?

2. Because you insulted the people who stayed behind?

3. Because you’ve never acknowledged, let alone taken responsibility or apologised, for the negative impacts of the move?

4. Because all of this has earned you a related reputation?

5. Because every Dorian Grey needs his picture?

You’ll recall that, when we were talking about this decision, I said this would happen.

So, to answer your question: you know why and you were warned about it.

Your indignant surprise is disingenuous.

(edited by Cuddlepie.8109)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

1. Because what you did and how you did it mattered to the people behind the pixels?

3. Because you’ve never acknowledged, let alone taken responsibility or apologised, for the negative impacts of the move?

5. Because every Dorian Grey needs a mirror?

You’ll recall that, when we were talking about this decision, I said this would happen.

1) So it’s okay for BG to offer MERC to go there from SoS but suddenly a big stab to the back when JQ does the same thing?

2) What negative impacts? The impacts I saw were beneficial to the tier as a whole.

3) Again, why should he? He said his farewells and was only met by cruel and harsh criticism by his ex-server mates AFTER he had put in the most effort out of ANY MERC commander, if not a top contributor on your server, and would fight everyday even if he wiped. He didn’t rage log like some other MERC commanders (it was obvious from the other side).

4) … a reputation which has only become so pungent through constant moaning almost 2 months after said transfer occurred.

5) It’s Dorian Gray. Spelling an iconic character name wrong from a prominent Victorian era novel just makes you look silly.

The reason people are still talking about it is either A) Still kitten, and Because other people find it funny.

Honestly, you guys won season one. Just be happy, you sour kittens.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

(edited by magikfox.9658)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Balancing leagues is negative? So you wanted seasons to be even more lopsided? Apparently 60k victories is too little.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Balancing leagues is negative? So you wanted seasons to be even more lopsided? Apparently 60k victories is too little.

are you implying that merc is keeping JQ in the fight?

Cuddlepie is not talking about balancing servers but how and the manner MERC left.
i read before they left not because they want to balance the servers but rather for soemthing else.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Every server taking a hit means the ranks will be the same, except with fewer people playing on each server. There’s no reason to believe that T1 loses 90% of its players, and T5 only loses 5%, and suddenly SoS is T1 material.

This is true for PvE but not for WWW.

Say that every server loses one fifth of their players.
Say SoR has 125% of the queues on reset night. If one fifth leaves, they still got a full queue.
Say TC has 100% of the queues on reset night. If one fifth leaves, they got only 80% of the map filled.

The difference is huge in WWW.

And this example is not so theoretically as it sounds. On TC, we usually have a queue on EB but nowhere else (except in prime times).

If you take out 20% of the players, you will probably still have a queue in EB but the other maps will be empty. We saw to what that leads three weeks ago, when others took all of TCBL whenever they wanted

the only thing in gaming that matters in the long term is your reputation, built through your achievements and actions in game. Everything else is digital detritus.

When you take a move that splits a community, insult those that you left behind, and refuse to acknowledge that there were negative aspects to the move, people remember

That’s true. I still remember exactly who did what in SWG. And that’s years ago. And it’s especially tru in PvP communities, they are smaller.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Baels.3469

Baels.3469

perspective

A particular attitude towards or way of regarding something; a point of view.

Believe it or not, we all have our own and often subjective points of view. Cirus expressed his, and some may not agree with it.

Cirus is entitled to express himself however he wants and I don’t feel it was particularly bad. Had the accolades to each server been at the beginning of his post, I’m very certain your responses would have been less negative. If you harbour some form of animosity toward Blackgate, then I can understand the negative response. Conversely, you can argue that I am biased because I don’t find it to be “bad” or “trolling”.

There’s that darn perspective and subjectivity thing coming up again. Things were said, people reacted in the ways they are entitled to act. In the wise words of a man named Tarkus….

Why are we still talking about this?

Blackgate
[MERC] – Oceanic

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Cuddlepie.8109

You need a hobby

I have one.

Judging by the responses above, I’m doing OK at it.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Not since RQ visited JQ for the first time has Tier 1 has collectively lost their stool like they still are over the ZDs thing. It’s been a month and a half, find something new to talk about.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I heard blackgate bought 17 more guilds yesterday!

Attachments:

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

Nah we bought at least 20-25 more all for SEA timezone……

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

This is true for PvE but not for WWW.

Say that every server loses one fifth of their players.
Say SoR has 125% of the queues on reset night. If one fifth leaves, they still got a full queue.
Say TC has 100% of the queues on reset night. If one fifth leaves, they got only 80% of the map filled.

The difference is huge in WWW.

And this example is not so theoretically as it sounds. On TC, we usually have a queue on EB but nowhere else (except in prime times).

If you take out 20% of the players, you will probably still have a queue in EB but the other maps will be empty. We saw to what that leads three weeks ago, when others took all of TCBL whenever they wanted

the only thing in gaming that matters in the long term is your reputation, built through your achievements and actions in game. Everything else is digital detritus.

When you take a move that splits a community, insult those that you left behind, and refuse to acknowledge that there were negative aspects to the move, people remember

That’s true. I still remember exactly who did what in SWG. And that’s years ago. And it’s especially tru in PvP communities, they are smaller.

I understand what you are saying although you have the right idea I don’t think you fully understand what you are talking about. So let me help.

It is true for PVE, SPVP, and WVW. Three distinct player bases. WvW is the the most resilient of the three.

“PVE ONLY” The game has lost more “PVE ONLY” players. Lets be honest pve sucks in gw2. There isn’t enough content or the right type of content to keep PVE ONLY players engaged longer than once they have experienced it. They move on to the next PVE game they like.

“SPVP ONLY” This community is the smallest of the three. While the balance in GW2 is not bad compared to other games. There has been enough bad balance that has drove a lot of these players away from the game. Plenty of other games out there with PVP.

“WvW ONLY” By in large the biggest community. There is not another game out there that can replace this game type and do it well enough that players will leave GW2 to play another game for the same game mode. But lets be real WVW has gotten stale. It is really fun until it gets old and the game has been out ahwile now and it has gotten old. So lots of people left just becasue they are tired of it.

“HARDCORE FANBOY/GIRL” These are the players that are keeping the game alive now that all of the others have left. They play more than one game type. PVE/WVW/and spvp. These players won’t leave the game probably and the ones that do are way fewer than all the other types.

Still your assessment is that T1 wont lose 90% of its players and T5 will only lose 5% sos in t1 material has the right conclusion but the the right description. T1 will remained stacked regardless how many players it loses because players will transfer or new players will start the game on stacked server. people want to play with other people. why would you play a MMO without playing with other people and while that is a highly exaggerated statement its purpose is to illustrate human behavior. Lastly plenty of T1 servers have had their communities fall apart and drop rank. While that is unrelated to GW2 decline there is a strong relationship to people leaving the server or otherwise quiting the game.

Don’t think for one second people are not leaving this game to go play other games, all servers are taking the hit it is just less apparent on less populated servers.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

Not since RQ visited JQ for the first time has Tier 1 has collectively lost their stool like they still are over the ZDs thing. It’s been a month and a half, find something new to talk about.

many of us still find it amusing that bg rented a guild

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crimson Riddles.3892

Crimson Riddles.3892

…because 1 guild totally made SoR lose by over 100k.

Is this the same excuse you used when you lost to JQ in Week 6?

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

…because 1 guild totally made SoR lose by over 100k.

Is this the same excuse you used when you lost to JQ in Week 6?

TC*

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Every server will take a hit and am sure will result in the juggling of tiers and server ranks at a cataclysmic level.

No, it won’t.

If anything, the obscenely large overall population of all T1 servers + TC will act as a buffer and ensure they never drop tiers in the event that a lot of players move on to a hot release of another game. (That game won’t be ESO, it’s garbage.)

You are dismissing how important coverage is in Tier 1. IF a server like TC had one active off hour guild logging 6+ hours each day joining them like ZD’s, they would be instant contenders for gold. Losing any active key commander or guild during off hours to another game or real life issues will have an immediate short term impact that may be difficult to overcome.

Far as that other game being garbage. Look at it this way. In any consumer related product and that includes MMO’s, competition is good regardless of what your feelings are (Android suxxors!, No Iphone suxxors!) as it keeps the developers for each on their toes and mentally challenged to add fresh content in order to keep their customer base. In the end the players (customer) win.

I can assure you, if it wasn’t for those, as you state garbage games that initially started with monthly subs failing due to the #1 competition that continues to be Blizzards Cash Cow (we all know what game that is). Games like GW2 would not be Free 2 Play.

(edited by scootshoot.6583)

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Just hanging with Flikky….

Nothing to see here guys…….. Just some casual RPing…

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

<cough> Iron </cough>

Be that as it may none of the previous recent posts to yours were about ZDs so why don’t you find something different to talk about perhaps your own match up instead of trying to troll the T1 thread.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

<cough> Iron </cough>

Be that as it may none of the previous recent posts to yours were about ZDs so why don’t you find something different to talk about perhaps your own match up instead of trying to troll the T1 thread.

Well put. For a guy who doesn’t even play on any of the 3 servers of BG, SOR, JQ, Chris.3290 definitely likes to play drama queen and stir the pot.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: flickky.2634

flickky.2634

Score Update!

Just hanging with Flikky….

Nothing to see here guys…….. Just some casual RPing…

m8. them hoes don’t know bout my ERP and ‘KnT after dark’ storytimes in BG LA

Flickky / Landsplash
[TwitchTV] [Twitter]
Oceanic Leader of [KnT] Knights of the Temple ~ Blackgate

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Cuddlepie is not talking about balancing servers but how and the manner MERC left.
i read before they left not because they want to balance the servers but rather for soemthing else.

JQ merc wanted to lose the “dead weight”. That’s what Tarkus said when they left.

SoR ~ JQ ~ BG 12/06/2013

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

JQ merc wanted to lose the “dead weight”. That’s what Tarkus said when they left.

This is done. Dusted and discussed already.

Also would like to throw it out there, Tarkus isn’t the voice of the entire MERC guild.

The LOVE asura <3