Cost.6917

Ok, so we’re continuing this thread.
And stop blob-whine or Wemil will blob you for lulz

Adjora (thief), Rabanastra (ele), Anji The Crimson (war) – Piken [Rise]

T2 - Deso / SFR / Kodash 24/5/13 - ???

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Hmm, something wrong with my monitor or it’s just changed colors in this matchup? :S

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

cant blob this week Drq decided to have no commander tags this week so we gonna get bloobed because I have seen so much deso kodash bloobing so its crazy.

gonna be fun fighting 30 vs 80

but don’t care if I see any deso kodash with zerg above 40 im gonna create the biggest blob and cap all your towers then im gonna dance naked in your spawn and dodge when your fail rangers try to hit me while drinking a lot beers and laughting in ts like a drunk baby.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

So Deso (the server I reside on) came 3rd at the end of last match up. Now with the new awesome system.. we are put against the same servers and whacked back in first (green) place?

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

So Deso (the server I reside on) came 3rd at the end of last match up. Now with the new awesome system.. we are put against the same servers and whacked back in first (green) place?

The system modifies rankings with a random factor. On average we will mostly still get matchups with servers in “our” tier, but sometimes things will get mixed up.

in Match-ups

Fenrir.3609

The system modifies rankings with a random factor. On average we will mostly still get matchups with servers in “our” tier, but sometimes things will get mixed up.

So it does little to nothing aside from bork up colour rotation then. Fantastic.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

in Match-ups

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

And butcher a week long of wvw for some servers.

(looks at T9 match and Arborstone position.)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

im gonna create the biggest blob and cap all your towers then im gonna dance naked in your spawn

Shows real sportsmanship. Gonna toast for that

This evening was one of the weirdest in WvWvW. So many glitches and bugs.

Welcome to Bug Wars 2.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Fenrir.3609

im gonna create the biggest blob and cap all your towers then im gonna dance naked in your spawn

Shows real sportsmanship. Gonna toast for that

This evening was one of the weirdest in WvWvW. So many glitches and bugs.

Welcome to Bug Wars 2.

And now we’ve all been booted.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oaagamer.6594

oaagamer.6594

This thread is now stupid to read.

Candy
Owner of Candy Shop [CS] and Desolation Commander
Be the change you want to see in the world.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

lets toast for all the beautiful bloobing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Missle.3926

Missle.3926

I will not specify my server, however I saw this thread while I was bored and even though I don’t really play WvW, I thought, why not check it out. The first page or so was great and I was thinking how awesome and friendly everyone is, and then it all escalated, turning into pure hatred or just people trolling. Now I am not a pro in regards to WvW as I just pop in, run around for a bit and usually die a lot, however if this thread is anything to go by, I feel like all three servers (although Kodash did appear more civil) are full of jerks. I am not even sure why anyone would want to play with some of you when you express such behavior… Of course I actually do know a few of you, and in-game you seem like a lot nicer people, however here you show all this hate… for what? This is a game, it’s meant to be fun and GW2 is already trying to be as uncompetitive as it can get and still hold onto it’s player-base! GW2 community is renowned for being “friendly” and while most of the official forums hardly reflect that, I would expect better from people who are in a WvW thread that hardly even talks about bugs/RNG/class balance and is not blaming Anet for something. Seriously guys, I expected that maybe the conversation would improve, but outside of occasional ignored post trying to appeal to the sensible side of the people posting here, it seems like everyone is trying to justify their “skill” in WvW, which when you get down to it does not matter. Most of you will move on from GW2 eventually, so it will be the people you meet here and in the future , that will really count, and if you are a jerk, I can guarantee you will miss out on a ton of opportunities to make those new friends. So stop trolling and hating and just play the game and make friends, whether it is with people on your server or the competitors!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Timpsu.9324

Timpsu.9324

So it does little to nothing aside from bork up colour rotation then. Fantastic.

People were asking for color rotation, so that their map completions wouldn’t be ruined because they can’t leave a matchup in months. I don’t think it’s borked, colors just don’t hold any meaning regarding server’s score, since they are randomized. People just need to stop putting emphasis on which colour they represent, not such a big deal.

[TLA] – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

I really like to play with the roamers that does duel on our servers (if they are 3-5+, they ask for duel against the guy that run alone). It’s not as boring as the matchups with Jade sea or Vizunah. They had very few of them and most of them were disappointing.
It’s good to play an other week against desolation, as i managed to be bored after endless weeks of fighting against them and the same people, it seem like they have some new face who doesn’t run with the blob.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in Match-ups

oaagamer.6594

Thanks to SFR for the 30 against 5 [outmanned] Show down in Desolation Borderlands. Its good to see your players up and early camping our map. There is even little room for sniping with the 30 man Sniper team you guys are running right now.

Candy

in Match-ups

oaagamer.6594

CLAW holding it down against SFR yesterday in the Garrison was fun – Today Deso has been outmanned most of the mornings constantly been pressured by SFR. Still had a few nice encounters even if we got ran over most of the times. GG

Candy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Imacop.6409

Imacop.6409

Hey!!
Any guilds wanna do GVG this week? Contact me if you up for it!!!

[ZBs][ZDs] Nikogda ne slakai
200,000 WwW Kills

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Last week Deso caught SFR’s Russians with their pants down they will not make that same mistake again.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aikanaro.2609

Aikanaro.2609

Last week Deso caught SFR’s Russians with their pants down they will not make that same mistake again.

Huh?

ZDs

in Match-ups

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

The rest of the forum makes fascinating reading. All these people upset at facing a tough matchup for merely one week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

SFR send ZD’s, CON, ECL 3 of their best and largest guild raids all to Deso bl to farm pugs GG lol

Honestly we spread on all maps and initial plan was them to be on sfr I think but once we jumped the maps we got transfered randomly after the restart joinn kodash bl moved my raid to SFR bl . But yeah strange reset nice fun and random js ect before the restart didnt stay after the second restart:D but on sfr we had 4 commanders on 1 point and Deso and Kodash only faceless blobs gg and you blame us blobing we had 4 different independent groups of 20-30

in Match-ups

MagnusLL.8473

The rest of the forum makes fascinating reading. All these people upset at facing a tough matchup for merely one week.

Yeah. I could understand people from Vabbi but seriously… they should try being massively outnumbered on 2-3 maps on a 24/7 basis for 18 weeks in a row to fully appreciate what it’s really like to fight an hopeless battle.

I’m really praying to get down one or two tiers soon with the next matchups. Fighting SFR right now is pretty much like fighting Viz, you wake up owning nothing, everything is in their hands reinforced to T3 chock full of siege, AND they permanently outnumber you 3:1 or worse to boot. It’s starting to get old after 4 months.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

SFR send ZD’s, CON, ECL 3 of their best and largest guild raids all to Deso bl to farm pugs GG lol

Honestly we spread on all maps and initial plan was them to be on sfr I think but once we jumped the maps we got transfered randomly after the restart joinn kodash bl moved my raid to SFR bl . But yeah strange reset nice fun and random js ect before the restart didnt stay after the second restart:D but on sfr we had 4 commanders on 1 point and Deso and Kodash only faceless blobs gg and you blame us blobing we had 4 different independent groups of 20-30

:D too many

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rassst.5791

Rassst.5791

It is more gay then… Well, it is more gay then everything in this world. Looks like Kodash and SFR had big fires on their backseats in the evening on Eternal.

But it was epic, really. Thanks, so much loot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

IM IN LOVE IT’S A BEAUTIFUL DAY
IM IN LOVE IT’S A BEAITUFUL WAY
I DONT CARE WHAT THE WEATHER MAN SAYS
IT’S A BEAUTIFUL DAY

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

Huh?

You called, sir?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolferion.4518

Wolferion.4518

You guys really gave us some fun yesterday, Kodash + SFR vs Deso genuinely, not a single attack among each other. Our Keep = new SM, the three-way fight was probably the most epic fight in the last 2 weeks we have you against us, didn’t even have to go far to get loot bags =D

in Match-ups

MagnusLL.8473

You guys really gave us some fun yesterday, Kodash + SFR vs Deso genuinely, not a single attack among each other. Our Keep = new SM, the three-way fight was probably the most epic fight in the last 2 weeks we have you against us, didn’t even have to go far to get loot bags =D

Haha they were probably seeking revenge for the masterclass we were giving in SFR map. Glad to hear you were having fun too

A huge thank you to all the people who were there yesterday btw, and to our commanders, man that was amazing It’s refreshing to remember every once in a while what Deso can do those rare times we can fight with equal numbers.

Now back to awaken in the morning, see everything painted in red/blue, and have our enemies hide in their T3 keeps chock full of arrow carts until then can rush out whenever they have 3x our numbers…

in Match-ups

Wolferion.4518

Have to give regards to our people on EB yesterday too, despite the 1vs2 situation, greatly outnumbered and under immense pressure, we still kept respawning, going back into the fight, have to give respect to the people who didn’t surrender, many thanks, also thanks to our commanders, who despite being there, let me to continue commanding until the situation got solved = SFR&Kodash stopped 2vs1 and we reclaimed our land.

(edited by Wolferion.4518)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

We are not 2v1 anyone. If we fight you more thand Kodash is kodash has one big zerg and a lot of Ac in their keeps which is annoying. You try to fight when you have numbers at least. And honestly with your trash talk on forums you just make us want to kill you. And we still have something like a grudge for you when you were 2v1 us in T1 with Vz so? your cry? Just fight noone is focusing you 2v1. We dont have any agreement of such sort with Kodash if Kodash prefer to attack you because you are the weaker server it is their choice……..

in Match-ups

Wolferion.4518

^^ I’d like you to point out where exactly I “cried”, as far as I see I mentioned that it was fun and that I was thankful to our people fighting on, if it’s a trash talk to you, I’m sorry, I can’t help it that you see it otherwise.

in Match-ups

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

Now back to awaken in the morning, see everything painted in red/blue, and have our enemies hide in their T3 keeps chock full of arrow carts until then can rush out whenever they have 3x our numbers…

OMG that looks horrible!

do they blob like this too?

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in Match-ups

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

Kodash u could take hills on deso border easy even without using 100 ppl and 10 golems, we were like 10-15 ppl on the map at that time think it was around 1am GMT
that was overkill

SFR

in Match-ups

MagnusLL.8473

OMG that looks horrible!

Let’s just say it looks like SFR learned the Vizunah lesson quite well.
But I don’t really mind them just like I didn’t mind Vizunah (well except for you to insist you had 20 people at night when you had 200, but that’s another matter). As I will never tire of stating, it’s Arenanet’s fault and human nature will just do the rest.

But you also need to understand how frustrating it is for the side who has been on the receiving end of this crap for 4 months straight. You tag up on an empty borderland, try to regroup whatever few people you might have in there, maybe manage with the 10-15 you get to trigger the npc commander and retake your tower… then you try to do a move on the (upgraded to T3 during the night) keep, first you drop a couple rams to check reaction and sure enough 4-5 arrow carts start raining down on you. You try to setup catas or trebs and promptly enough the zerg of 35-40 comes to wipe your 15, then facerubs to retake the tower. You try to rally up and see you’re left with 5 people now. Again and again and again, day after day, week after week. It gets tiring.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

Have to give regards to our people on EB yesterday too, despite the 1vs2 situation, greatly outnumbered and under immense pressure, we still kept respawning, going back into the fight, have to give respect to the people who didn’t surrender, many thanks, also thanks to our commanders, who despite being there, let me to continue commanding until the situation got solved = SFR&Kodash stopped 2vs1 and we reclaimed our land.

At one point we was at inner of Kodash T3 keep (using the golems we used to take your keep) but they had 1,000 supply and over 10 arrow carts so we failed in taking it. So it was far from a 2v1.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

OMG that looks horrible!

omg rofl, best way to represent GW2 wvw. 1 child running screaming blue moerder (on th eforums) while the 50 chickens chase him (hiding in numbers).
spot on

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Is this MagnusLL some iron leftover?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

MagnusLL.8473

Is this MagnusLL some iron leftover?

Not by a long shot. In fact, I tried IRON only one week and when I left we were not exactly on the best of terms. Still I respected most of them because they had stayed on Deso through thick and thin, but after they pulled their “let’s go nightcap T1 NA” trick… well…

I’m in EXG almost since I started playing. I command a bit, mostly on the borderlands, but I’m far from being the best commander out there so I generally try to tag up only in desperate situations (or if there’s no one else around) as to not spoil a consolidated position. And I can assure you, commanding in those conditions is simply not fun. You can do nothing but rage at how stupid the system is.

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

I dont accuse you of blobbing but with Deso not having any single guild in that bl with anything close to 20 facing off against multiple 20-30+ raids which tbh it’s a numbers game we can’t compete with. In the face of this smaller raids have no choice but to join forces an example of how under strength our guild raids are is on friday when you had CON and ZD in garrison it took 3 commanders to form that blob of ours that involved nearly everyone present on the bl.

Bottom line Desolation does not belong in tier 2 in it’s current state we have pugs but lack strong guilds with numbers who can roam and coordinate, it was a different story in days gone by when we had Votf, IRON and sadly many other guilds who we lost that had the numbers to face your guild groups and keep you occupied. Unfortunately two 15-20 man PVX guild raids plus pug group isn’t going to cut it on a bl dominated by three of SFR’s professional WvW guilds, it’s not your problem its ours hence i say we don’t belong here but further down the tiers for now.

Axle

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Let me just say I don’t understand all the Tier 1 like QQ towards SFR from some Deso players and comparing them to said server when they are a very dedicated wvw server with many wvw focused guilds, we are guilty of blobbing when we have numbers cause we can’t handle things atm by splitting groups with pugs most of the time and we are guilty of using tons of arrow carts. That is how wvw is atm especially 2v1’s, I’m sure we’d do it if we saw the opportunity but it rarely happens. Stop complaining so much and keep fighting for your wvw community and server even if we may not belong in this Tier atm and bragging about lootbags while in our own big zergs. It should not be the biggest thing we should be proud of for the personal gain by tagging enemies it’s the good fights which I don’t think you can quite get with blobs and working together as a community.
Kodash has some seriously big numbers lately also you sure know how to organize your groups but seriously you are well organized with those numbers of yours.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

We were well and truly out blobbed by Kodash late on Deso border last night
Fair play though Kodash, you were clearly more organised and your guys were able to stick on your commander much better than ours.

It was a fun night nonetheless. Our capture of Bay whilst SFR took all our towers was a brilliant fight. The nonstop defense and recapture of Garrison was fun, especially the last one where we had a few arrow carts on top of the lord’s room which allowed us to hold you at the west bridge for a while, but your numbers just became too many for us to hold.

So well played all on Deso border last night.

(edited by scanz.4536)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Why is every single WvW player on Desolation a Thief? :\

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

I have no general ill feeling towards SFR, servers primarily focused on guild raids always get bad attention by those servers who rely heavily on pugs was the same with piken Square and Black tide back in the day, and it will be the same for us if we ever recover our losses.

Possibly Anet’s messed up resets on Friday that split servers all over the shop made the situation worse that night i know for a fact those already in Desolation in home bl where still matched with Kodash but those Queued and zoning in ended up paired with Riverside and Abaddons mouth for about 5 mins resulting in messing up servers bl allocation. Despite that for those 5 mins many im sure felt we where better matched than the status quo.

Axle

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Haven’t seen a SINGLE solo roamer on SFR or Deso’s side within a week. So annoying to see all this blobbing and group play everywhere.

Retired GW2 Player

in Match-ups

Axle.5182

Haven’t seen a SINGLE solo roamer on SFR or Deso’s side within a week. So annoying to see all this blobbing and group play everywhere.

To do such a thing would compare those individuals to those who live in jumping puzzles, they contribute very little if anything to the server effort. If your in a guild that is WvW focused your expected to roll with your guild and not go off and do your own thing when your guild is raiding. The only alternative for those who enjoy 1v1 is roam outside of guild raid times.

Axle

in Match-ups

Deniara Devious.3948

I do solo roaming as often as I can, which is currently only 0.5-1 h/day to do my daily. And I don’t play a thief nor mesmer in WvWvW, so I pretty sure my character is visible. Any every time I see only enemy groups. Kodash and SFR move in 3-40 man groups. The only place you can actually see a single solo roamer is the central lake or somebody who just died and is running back to his zerg or goes to defend their tower / keep. Even if you attack them using your weakest damage skill, they are generally running away (disclaimer: I am just stating my observations, others can have a different experience and I can very well understand why many people need to run away).

Currently the temperature meter is showing + 28 C and at noon it was hotter. In fact we have had record temperatures for over a week. I am rather by my swimming pool, trampoline and just go to have some shade + cool drinks at the terrace.

Guild Wars 2 is just a game. Relax, chill. Let’s enjoy the superb weather outside, while it lasts!

in Match-ups

Deniara Devious.3948

To do such a thing would compare those individuals to those who live in jumping puzzles, they contribute very little if anything to the server effort.

I have to disagree with you about the solo roaming part. A solo roamer can kill enemy dolyaks, capture supply camps, do any of the NPC objectives alone (Hylek, Ogre, Dredge, Quaggans etc) and provide a lot of useful intel. These are all useful for your server.

Even though killing and claiming one sentry gives your server just 1 point, each small point counts as well. Two supply camps gives equal points (10) to your server as one tower. So if your solo roamer can capture 2 supply camps in 10 minutes and your guild group spends half an hour taking a tower, which is more efficient giving points to your server? Now imagine 10 such solo roamers taking different objectives at the same time. If the enemy runs in 2 big blobs, they will not be able to stop all such solo roamers. In ideal situation we would have big organized guild groups taking and defending bigger objectives like keeps or the Stonemist Castle. PuG groups taking and defending towers. And roamers making sure all the NPCs are on your side and enemy has no supplies at all. Note that this split doesn’t need to be static. A solo roamer can join a camp roaming group or even summon the main zerg using map chat or teamspeak. A single player can split from a zerg just to finish that capture e.g. if the camp lord is still buffed. It doesn’t make any sense to park your zerg there from many minutes if the lord is buffed.

The biggest reason why most people don’t solo roam is FEAR, unless they play some easy escape profession e.g. thief or mesmer. Fear of being overrun by a larger enemy group or being instagibbed by enemy’s duo thief (or thief+ something else) team. People are afraid to die and hate to start again from the way point. Being with a group gives you the feeling of security.

Desolation has lost so many WvWvW players in past months. I want to give a message to all our remaining solo roamers: If you know what you are doing, you are doing a useful job. If you see enemy movements, please report them to your commander. You can never have too much intel. We also need more players to follow the commander tag and drop down a tier or two, so please have patience with this totally imbalanced setup.

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You are in www. Roamers play sPvP.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

The biggest reason why most people don’t solo roam is FEAR, unless they play some easy escape profession e.g. thief or mesmer. Fear of being overrun by a larger enemy group or being instagibbed by enemy’s duo thief (or thief+ something else) team. People are afraid to die and hate to start again from the way point. Being with a group gives you the feeling of security.

I didn’t mean to start a discussion about the usefullness of solo roamers, this was just an observation that I made during the last week. I do think we contribute to the game in our way by killing dolyaks, taking keeps etc., but the main reason for almost no solo roamers is all the group roaming everywhere rather than fear.

Whilst I do main a thief for obvious reasons, I also enjoyed roaming with my BM ranger, but this simply doesn’t work in this matchup. Once you finally engage a nice 1on1, tons of small groups come by and chase after you. In a more zergy matchup players stick more to the zerg, thus making space for solo roamers to pick out nice fights. A zerg won’t hunt you, small groups do.

Anyway, sucks to be a roamer these days. :P

Retired GW2 Player

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I upvoted a post from Deniara…

Anyways, as a solo roamer I feel your pain Iaquito. Altough, as Deviara, I think we don’t see many roamers because of fear : as an SPvP player I have found that only a small percentage of WvWers know how to handle small scale combat without rolling over and dying an humiliating death.

I just wish my IRL friends hadn’t stopped playing and we could 3-5 man roam…only zergs can stop an efficient small group, and the things one could pull off when outnumbered make for great GW2 memories. But I’m going on a tangent here…

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”