Posted by: Imacop.6409

Imacop.6409

[ZBs][ZDs] Nikogda ne slakai
200,000 WwW Kills

T2 - Deso / SFR / Kodash 24/5/13 - ???

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

Yestarday NoE only did roaming guild, I hope next time to find Desolation guild running separate.

INVI always tries to run seperately. In fact when doing events we will specifically look for a border where we can do this. However, we have 25-30 maximum at an event, other than maybe reset night, and we are constantly being overrun by SFR or Kodash running in groups of several guilds. We have no issue losing a fight, but there is only so much we can take before we just either move border or join up with another guild.

Last reset we had 35 people, and even then we were constantly being blobbed by groups of 50, including mixed guilds. I respect CoN for at least trying to run solo, but I have noticed in the last couple of days even they are now grouping up.

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

(edited by Lelith.2916)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkman.1257

Darkman.1257

We always at least try to run apart from everyone else. Not to mention that sometimes we just do not take part in fights between two guilds. It is not our buisness. Although INVI you were extremely unfortunate yesterday. Everytime we encountered each other 1-2 other guilds were around and always joined the fight and we had 4 roaming groups on the border NoE, OSC, Iddq and us. We’ve met accidentally on few ocasions when looking for fights hence the “blobing” part. Hope it wont happen too often. Would be awesome to fight you guys without any interuptions from neither side.

You INVI by far are the only guild that is trying to move apart from the blobs in this matchup. Now that KoA left Kodash. Wish more guilds would be like you.

Take care and keep up the good work !

It is really sad to see all the “blob this, blob that” accusations when it is not a secret that all servers do it. I did shout on our previous meeting because I’ve noticed people blobbing in few situations and it wasn’t to counter enemy “one zone one blob” zerg.

Other servers are in a completely different situation than us. We have about 10-15 WvW oriented guilds on SFR that are looking for fights. When other servers got 1-3 most of the time. When the guilds rush to a place with “swords” to meet any enemies to kill we sometimes meet in one of the locations. Our guilds play without commander tags and sometimes we can’t see that the other guilds are responding. Desolation is still trying to get up after everything what happened. Everyone on SFR sympatize with your situation because we’ve been there. We also cheer for you guys and hope you will be back on your feet in no time.

As to Kodash. They’ve lost their best guild because of their childish and bad mannered behaviour so I really don’t have any respect left for what you’ve done. You can’t do anything else than blob because you have no guilds that want to play for you.
(Respect to Bots for trying but you guys just don’t have the numbers)

Please stop this childish talks about blobs and talk about something constructive. Like we really have the oportunity to unblob everything and change this ridiculous meta.

Regards

Drq – Asura Elementalist -[EU]Gunnar’s Hold –
Leader of [CoN] Circle of Nine
http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

(edited by Darkman.1257)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Buka plz don’t let me down I thought you were nice guys Well since we’re down to insults let me tell you that I expected more from you, and I’ll leave it at that.

What is up with borderland splitting btw?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

in Match-ups

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

You INVI by far are the only guild that is trying to move apart from the blobs in this matchup. Now that KoA left Kodash. Wish more guilds would be like you.

BdaS, Bots, Buka, FB, FORT, Kegl, NSG, WdR, why – just to name a few. You might have run into some of them with your 30 guildees + adds…

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in Match-ups

Posted by: avell.6403

avell.6403

BdaS, Bots, Buka, FB, FORT, Kegl, NSG, WdR, why – just to name a few. You might have run into some of them with your 30 guildees + adds…

Those guilds always blob up

in Match-ups

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

oh dear…
(need more characters)

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in Match-ups

Darkman.1257

I am writing from my own and CoN point of view. Calm dawn :P and sorry but Bots running with 10-15ppl are not a WvW roaming guild but a lesser support.

maeggle.6021 Never seen any of those guilds run apart from a bigger group. Hence my post. It is only my pov and I can be wrong on that part.

(edited by Darkman.1257)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Hey Wolfheart,

I remember you as one of these “voices of reason” I was talking about. Please accept my apologies for letting you sane guys on SFR down, I dare to say it is not happening too often as I am quite a humble person usually. I was trying not to be insulting, but to throw my weight against the (in my personal opinion) posts that make this thread a terrible place.

However, more small scale, please, please, please! And no, 20-30 man guild grps is neither small scale nor roaming grps… it is zerging!

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Darkman.1257

Moon props for your post although 20-30 is a standard roaming group also in terms of GvG standards so you will not find what you seek in this game if you’re looking for 10vs10. My opinion only though.

(edited by Darkman.1257)

in Match-ups

Moon.6371

Why was it possible with the most zergy servers known in gw2, then? Jade Sea, Elona, Baruch Bay… all of these servers offer a broad range of decent 5-10 mans roaming the maps, sneaking, supporting, flanking, whatever…

To me personally small scale is the only place were individual player skills really shine. I was just expecting so much more of it in this matchup, because I remembered you guys as very fight and skill focused players.

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Hammer.5960

The Hammer.5960

Out of all of those guilds only Bots mean anything to me. But even so, as much as I respect those guys they just don’t have the numbers. The other guilds are so small in presence or effectiveness I just have not noticed them. I’m not trying to be dis-respectful, but about 25-30 is pretty standard for a guild raid – groups of 5 roaming guild members just don’t get noticed or are more of an annoyance than a real threat.

Anyway, as always respect to our opponents and we hope for some good fights in what’s left of this broken match-up.

[CoN] Atom
- aka The Iron Baby

in Match-ups

Darkman.1257

It is not possible to change everything to that. We have many support guilds on SFR that move with 5-10 people. They are crying most of the time that are overrun by enemy zergs ;-) You had bad luck in fighting them. Too bad.

I hope you guys will be able to meet and fight it off to your heart’s content.

Cheerio !

in Match-ups

Moon.6371

Thanks for your input, Darkman, much appreciated. No sarcasm here. I do hope as well that there`ll be more to groups to fight for us small scalers.

Good luck & have fun!

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Darkman.1257

I will whisper you IG and tell you where our smaller groups are playing. Maybe you guys will be able to have some fun. :-)

Also if you guys wish we can arrange a 10v10 fight between us. Just whisper me if you are interested in that.

(edited by Darkman.1257)

in Match-ups

Moon.6371

Yeah! Good idea, I`d like that. But keep the information as rough as possible, please (I`m positive you would`ve anyway). You do not want to sabotage their well planned undercover missions…

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Hammer.5960

The Hammer.5960

Why was it possible with the most zergy servers known in gw2, then? Jade Sea, Elona, Baruch Bay… all of these servers offer a broad range of decent 5-10 mans roaming the maps, sneaking, supporting, flanking, whatever…

To me personally small scale is the only place were individual player skills really shine. I was just expecting so much more of it in this matchup, because I remembered you guys as very fight and skill focused players.

Best regards

You’re right and wrong – at least from my perspective.

I agree that small scale tends to let individual skill shine. But remember that a roaming player has a completely different set-up to a player that is focused on 20+ fights.

If by chance you have not had the opportunity to take part in organised fights of larger groups, you would be surprised at the amount of skill and coordination that goes into making such groups truly effective. Guild groups of 20+ build specifically to work well in tandem with our team-mates.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

I have a thief I use for roaming and duels, and am happy to say I’ve enjoyed some nice duels with you guys from kodash (and occasionally Deso). They get interupted from time to time but as you say, you guys are usually very honourable and up for a 1 on 1. Kudos!

You must understand that guild raids are what we live for though – when you hit that 25 vs 25ish sweet spot against an organised guild, it’s simply the best thing this game can offer at the moment.

All the best,

[CoN] Atom
- aka The Iron Baby

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

here is something you need to understand.

atm sfr is getting new peoples all the time and we have few commanders in eb sfr that push hard to give them fun some education we don’t blob 70+ we are running sometimes 30-40 sometimes when we meet heavy resistance yes we outnumber a bit at that moment it depends if we are doing 2v1 or fair 1on1.

mostly kodash and deso attack us same time one at ogre one at anza at that moment I get some to defend towers and I make 5 seconds wipes on you to make sure I do not lose a tower.

but in other situations I always split up zergs I get some to roam I get some to go borderlands keep the numbers below 45.

and eb is pug centered and many pve players that looking into some WvW and new comers mostly join there and I want to teach them so when I send them to borderlands they are educated they are strong they got the right stuffs they do not run under lvl 80 with masterwork sets lol-.-

and basically yes we keep the pichakus from borderlands so iddq/rise boom con and many guilds can que there.

You raise a solid point but i will tell you what i have noticed. You might say you do keep the numbers below 45 on EB. I try to command in DESO BL alot more than EB lately and for the past days it has been shocking. I wont exaggerate cause there is no point i see 35 – 50 players in the map. you even have enough to take camp, attack cragtop and 4 golem rush the garrison (btw golems build outside the garrison). Even if you do it in EB it doesn’t change what is happening round the other borderlands. I know deso fighting outmanned most times in our borders because SFR feels like capping everything 100%.

im not here complaining about you blobbing or not. You have the numbers so use it right.

enjoy it while it lasts

Last night time once again Deso fought for hours near SM door in a complete adverse situation, and you complain about outmanned. Didn’t you feel the damage from our siege? How can you come here crying about numbers, go to EB and see your numbers there. You don’t have numbers in BL’s because all the people are in EB doing stupid fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

+1
oh dear I get lots of mails ppls crying about golems…
you got problems with golems?

I like golems it gets the job done when your a noob sieging stuffs-.-

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Last night time once again Deso fought for hours near SM door in a complete adverse situation, and you complain about outmanned. Didn’t you feel the damage from our siege? How can you come here crying about numbers, go to EB and see your numbers there. You don’t have numbers in BL’s because all the people are in EB doing stupid fights.

I caught the tail end of that “fight” between Deso Keep and SM door and I must say it seemed totally and utterly pointless.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Courageous Mithos.8745

Courageous Mithos.8745

Getting tired of constantly being double teamed by SFR and Kodash in EB…

Mainly SFR that is just constantly bashing on Deso. There’s no dynamics of a 3 vs 3 fight in this tier.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Yep the same time, the same place 60 SFR in 1 group farming for WXP.. it has nothing to do with having fun or sieging stuff.. its just numbers farming WXP.

But hey, they have more WvW players dus bigger groups..

So Anet? You give us more useless supply traps? Or do you finally step up and say!

Ok guys, we are sick of the negative feedback from WvW we are going to close it.

or

Ok guys, we are sick of the negative feedback from WvW we are going to do something about it.. and not content made in 2 days.. but content made in a few months! So sit tight! Help is underway!

/ end dream

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolferion.4518

Wolferion.4518

You’ve finally noticed we’re lacking people to be on more maps than one for big fights,
as about the ‘stupidity’ part, why aren’t you in fact happy for the loot bags? VZ made most of WwW guilds leave Desolation, taking along many good commanders, and they aren’t coming back, so the ones stepping up these days are new people, you expect them to be rather experienced?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Why do you need to call your enemy stupid in almost every single message? So SFR is the only server with smart players, sitting all day next to your siege and avoiding open field fights unless you got bigger numbers, while enemy is ignorant fools dying to totally overpowered AC fire?

I don’t disagree that Deso has put biggest push to EB and ignoring all other BLs besides Deso. We simply don’t have enough people for all the maps.

But maybe today was a bit different?

I took command of Deso BL and we captured 90% of the map. Unlike the players from certain other server, I have the guts and honesty to admit that we won the fights because we had bigger numbers. A rare occasion for Deso. Our PuGs were following me a bit too good, because it is not good to have everybody in the same group and no intel or guarding stuff. I try to encourage our players to use split team tactics when it is useful. I guess our players go stomach full from this, since once I took my tag off we started to lose stuff fast.

A bit more honesty to these messages: Winning is based almost solely on numbers and coverage. And Desolation obviously wants and needs to drop down tiers, so we definitely don’t want too many points from this week.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

Mainly SFR that is just constantly bashing on Deso. There’s no dynamics of a 3 vs 3 fight in this tier.

I agree with you and I’m from SFR but ask yourself this, if Desolation had the upper hand with numbers like SFR atm would Desolation be doing the same thing?

I think so simply cos of the history the two servers have.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in Match-ups

Deniara Devious.3948

I agree with you and I’m from SFR but ask yourself this, if Desolation had the upper hand with numbers like SFR atm would Desolation be doing the same thing?

I cannot of course speak for the entire server (nobody can!), but I think the answer is NO.

It is more of a cultural thing.

Many Desolation players are individualistic players, who actually like small scale. In all our zerg fights I can often hear our players complain (“too many, too much lag, I go to switch to more empty map…”). We are still by far the best tpvp server and many of our WvWvW players are also active in pvp:
https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/pvp

It really seems the other top servers care more about the points than we do. Most of our players just want a fight and some of our players still lack 100% world completion so they are playing to get the last points of interests and vistas and I am happy to help them with that. I know I am going to get flamed for this: SFR players write here that Deso is master of siege and they are themselves so bad in using siege. But so far as a PuG commander at Deso BL I have witnessed almost completely opposite story. If it just possible SFR players will rather sit all day next to a superior arrow cart and farm foolish Deso players who get in range. And there is nothing wrong about it. People are entitled to enjoy different play style and it was Arenanet, who made ACs way too overpowered. Note that I mostly play at Deso BL and I cannot see what is happening in other maps!

Already in tier #1 we were often ganged by the two servers. The outmanned “buff” should never be visible to enemies as it really seems to act like an encouragement for the enemies: “oh here is a weak one, I can punish easily”. Just like school bullies they team up to make their victory even easier. 2 vs 1 has been reality for a long time.

If we would have superior numbers compared to the other 2 servers, I think the following would happen: We would attack both, play really aggressively and totally wipe the others, even when it would sometimes mean losing objectives like a tower or a keep, just for the fun of having sweet revenge and killing tons of enemy players. The lack of resistance would soon however make it boring and people would go back to pve or spvp/tpvp, or whatever they enjoy more.

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thyophelis.8035

Thyophelis.8035

I have to admit that something really great is forming on sfr. all this big dedicated wvw guilds coming to one server. I just wonder, won t you miss the GvG ?
I can understand that 2 guilds are forming together if you re facing the Kodash blobb, which is on EB and 1 other map.

On the other 2 maps you ve got plenty of kodash 5-10 man guilds running around, Bots that are around 20+ man, KILL, wdr or EOW around 15 and a random commander who s lucky to have 20 randoms folowing him for an hour. but still on this maps, OSC runs with XAOC, some iddq are also spread in there. BOOM is also always tailing another guild. From your dedicated WVW guilds only very few seem to have the selfconfidense to run in lower numbers then 35+man.
I ll admit we have ran into some guild grps from SFR. CON, ECL, VZ or so comes to mind. who are the other guilds who claim to not blobb?

Big respect to INVI, you re about the only thing that impressed me from Desolation, and maybe some solo mesmers and 1 or 2 ele s.

Aurona- fugly white bark sylvarie ele
MS-Mondsucht, pure small scale forever !
Kodash-we thrife on outmanned

in Match-ups

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

I cannot of course speak for the entire server (nobody can!), but I think the answer is NO.

It is more of a cultural thing.

Many Desolation players are individualistic players, who actually like small scale. In all our zerg fights I can often hear our players complain (“too many, too much lag, I go to switch to more empty map…”). We are still by far the best tpvp server and many of our WvWvW players are also active in pvp:
https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/pvp

It really seems the other top servers care more about the points than we do. Most of our players just want a fight and some of our players still lack 100% world completion so they are playing to get the last points of interests and vistas and I am happy to help them with that. I know I am going to get flamed for this: SFR players write here that Deso is master of siege and they are themselves so bad in using siege. But so far as a PuG commander at Deso BL I have witnessed almost completely opposite story. If it just possible SFR players will rather sit all day next to a superior arrow cart and farm foolish Deso players who get in range. And there is nothing wrong about it. People are entitled to enjoy different play style and it was Arenanet, who made ACs way too overpowered. Note that I mostly play at Deso BL and I cannot see what is happening in other maps!

Already in tier #1 we were often ganged by the two servers. The outmanned “buff” should never be visible to enemies as it really seems to act like an encouragement for the enemies: “oh here is a weak one, I can punish easily”. Just like school bullies they team up to make their victory even easier.

If we would have superior numbers compared to the other 2 servers, I think the following would happen: We would attack both, play really aggressively and totally wipe the others, even when it would sometimes mean losing objectives like a tower or a keep, just for the fun of having sweet revenge and killing tons of enemy players. The lack of resistance would soon however make it boring and people would go back to pve or spvp/tpvp, or whatever they enjoy more.

Deso is best in PvP rankings because of TP and I’ve seen 4 of them in the last week on SFR Borderlands. They really do pack a punch and have killed me numerous times, would be really great if more Paragon members came to WvW for Desolation. I do think you’d target SFR more than Kodash if you had the numbers though :P.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in Match-ups

Moon.6371

TP (Deso) was quite impressive (to be expected), when they did some wvw last week. Here`s hope they had enough fun to show up again!

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aikanaro.2609

Aikanaro.2609

@ Aikanaro:

You hide behind your extended guild grps every day and dare talking about worthy opponents? Can`t stop laughing, mate. Call me anytime for an 5vs5 with your o-so-skillful-buddies and we talk about “improving ourselves”…

Some modesty would suit you guys well.

Best regards

Extended guilds groups? 5v5 in WvW? Can’t stop laughing, mate.
Why should I? Bring ~20 your buddies and show me your skill, we’ll talk about imporving yourselves once again.

ZDs

in Match-ups

Posted by: Catastrophin.3928

Catastrophin.3928

Luckily i like popcorn, otherwise nobody would be able to read this thread:)
In it’s current condition sfr probably is the strongest server during prime time.

The thing i really don’t get is what you are trying to achieve. The only thing you want is gvg in the 30+ guild blob range. But where do you expect to find this, if probably every 2nd guild in this size is on your sever? At least i don’t know where else they would be. Kodash has none, deso two i guess, elona only gd comes to mind, jade also none that i know of. Havent played against any other server for too long to judge, but i guess there aren’t that many either. On the other hand you have (random number) 10.
So the only thing that is going to happen is either you run over smaller guild groups or your going to have to fight blobs, not exacty great fights.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Why do you need to call your enemy stupid in almost every single message? So SFR is the only server with smart players, sitting all day next to your siege and avoiding open field fights unless you got bigger numbers, while enemy is ignorant fools dying to totally overpowered AC fire?

I don’t disagree that Deso has put biggest push to EB and ignoring all other BLs besides Deso. We simply don’t have enough people for all the maps.

But maybe today was a bit different?

I took command of Deso BL and we captured 90% of the map. Unlike the players from certain other server, I have the guts and honesty to admit that we won the fights because we had bigger numbers. A rare occasion for Deso. Our PuGs were following me a bit too good, because it is not good to have everybody in the same group and no intel or guarding stuff. I try to encourage our players to use split team tactics when it is useful. I guess our players go stomach full from this, since once I took my tag off we started to lose stuff fast.

A bit more honesty to these messages: Winning is based almost solely on numbers and coverage. And Desolation obviously wants and needs to drop down tiers, so we definitely don’t want too many points from this week.

See my messages and you don’t see the word “stupid” to people; I have called that “stupid fights” and read a post from your own server that agrees with me using the word “useless” I can replace stupid for useless if you feel better, but if you have someone commanding in EB at the time, yes all players will call him stupid including the ones from his own server.

BTW how can you comment the events in EB if you aren’t there?

Watt I had comment in the past it’s you post calling 10 men a blob, its self-explanatory about you, and you capacities. Did I call you stupid? No. I did advise you the way you spend your gold, just that.

Stop telling us your story. You are welcomed to visit us and see watt can some of the commanders from SFR can do. The reason I’m not using the tag isn’t money, it’s very simple, and after 7 month I’m still far from them.

Yes I’m humble, but I have learned many things including from the opponents, on top of those VZ, the 2nd time when we win 3 times in five weeks, they had great commanders with great tactics.

We in SFR had worked a lot to be here we are, and we keep working to do better and better, that’s the duty off all players in our community, and in top of that having fun.

PS: Last night in EB if we are bad guys Deso will lost WC, but only one treb in WC, the other 2 are farming players. And yes we build AC, Deso had an army in EB, if we let them they will break the outer door, but our blob server split, and a group had gone to BL’s.

Keep calm, stay alert…have fun.

in Match-ups

Thyophelis.8035

I honestly can understand that XAOC blobbs. Just took down 10 of em with 4 man. no skill, just chickens trying to res their fallen comrades.

OSC you really want that kind of company?

in Match-ups

Deniara Devious.3948

Deso is best in PvP rankings because of TP and I’ve seen 4 of them in the last week on SFR Borderlands. They really do pack a punch and have killed me numerous times, would be really great if more Paragon members came to WvW for Desolation. I do think you’d target SFR more than Kodash if you had the numbers though :P.

Team Paradigm is no doubt very good, but we got several other good pvp oriented guilds.

Speaking of individual skills: my kudos to that SFR mesmer who was defending Redwater supply camp against me and a thief (I think that thief player from our side was very good). You held up nice in 2 vs 1 (but got of course some help from those NPCs). We finally decided to disengage based on my command. Very nicely fought.

My hats are also off to that SFR bronze invader who has the guts to play solo roaming as a warrior. I have seen you several times but killed only once, since you always run away. I usually play an engineer in WvWvW and I know warrior vs engi is not fair 1-vs-1 (despite my build is not made for 1-vs-1).

How about organizing a meeting of solo roamers from all 3 servers? I mean on a friendly basis. No rude actions, no hate talk, we can even join party and chat.

I could organize that on Deso BL and communicate with the other commanders so that we won’t be interfered. The North beach side of the ruins North of Hero’s Lodge or behind the mill South of Hero’s Lodge would be a good meeting place or that are near Tamili tribe North of the Foghaven supply camp. If you want to have duels it would be good to have at least 1 alive player from each server, so we can revive the downed ones.

Please no flaming, I know there is a game mode called tpvp, but I am talking about a once in a life time opportunity to meet lots of solo WvWvW roamers from all 3 servers and have a friendly meeting.

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Match-ups

Moon.6371

We were used to meet each friday late afternoon (6-8 PM) before reset on a suitable borderland behind windmill during the matchup with Elona and Jade Sea. It became quite popular, the number of participants ranged between 15 and 30 duelers from all three servers.

We “advertized” it one day prior via /m to inform anyone interested when and where to meet. I had some of the most enjoyable wvw-moments during these dueling-events and I certainly learned a lot.

Your efforts are appreciated, Deniara.

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

I have to admit that something really great is forming on sfr. all this big dedicated wvw guilds coming to one server. I just wonder, won t you miss the GvG ?

This is a genuine concern. My first words to KoA on community site were “why u transfer 3 days before our gvg was due”
We have had discussions about changing tier to provide more choice when it comes to gvg cause 1 every 2 weeks isn’t fulfilling.
Guilds move for a variety of reasons however but I am with you in the thought that I would prefer to be on the opposite server to the strongest guilds in order to have challenging gvg’s

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in Match-ups

Sevenn.3085

Team Paradigm is no doubt very good, but we got several other good pvp oriented guilds.

Speaking of individual skills: my kudos to that SFR mesmer who was defending Redwater supply camp against me and a thief (I think that thief player from our side was very good). You held up nice in 2 vs 1 (but got of course some help from those NPCs). We finally decided to disengage based on my command. Very nicely fought.

My hats are also off to that SFR bronze invader who has the guts to play solo roaming as a warrior. I have seen you several times but killed only once, since you always run away. I usually play an engineer in WvWvW and I know warrior vs engi is not fair 1-vs-1 (despite my build is not made for 1-vs-1).

How about organizing a meeting of solo roamers from all 3 servers? I mean on a friendly basis. No rude actions, no hate talk, we can even join party and chat.

I could organize that on Deso BL and communicate with the other commanders so that we won’t be interfered. The North beach side of the ruins North of Hero’s Lodge or behind the mill South of Hero’s Lodge would be a good meeting place or that are near Tamili tribe North of the Foghaven supply camp. If you want to have duels it would be good to have at least 1 alive player from each server, so we can revive the downed ones.

Please no flaming, I know there is a game mode called tpvp, but I am talking about a once in a life time opportunity to meet lots of solo WvWvW roamers from all 3 servers and have a friendly meeting.

Somewhere that is friendly to clone pathing please

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in Match-ups

Thyophelis.8035

This is a genuine concern. My first words to KoA on community site were “why u transfer 3 days before our gvg was due”
We have had discussions about changing tier to provide more choice when it comes to gvg cause 1 every 2 weeks isn’t fulfilling.
Guilds move for a variety of reasons however but I am with you in the thought that I would prefer to be on the opposite server to the strongest guilds in order to have challenging gvg’s

I m sorry, I didn t say strongest… 18 guards spamming 1 and 7,8,9 isn t much about skill but the easyest with the current Meta. I ve played 3 weeks against sfr guild grps and their movement is good but skillwise…I haven t been pulled once by a greatsword skill and maybe ran into 2 hammer bubbles. I ve got no stability the whole fight.
bashing random zergs might look good on video, but as long as you re not looking for a challenge you ll not improve as players.
but props to you, your paintrains certainly got discipline and some good commanders.
I ve had plenty of 1vs 1 against Con, Iddq, Rise, ECL, OSC Thiefs, Mesmers, ele s and engi s. They are certainly better then a normal random. But 8/10 of the fights end up with me smiling.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

If somebody try to kill me i run away laika boss. I have little bit over 50k kills and i have win one 1 vs 1 fight.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: Imacop.6409

Imacop.6409

If somebody try to kill me i run away laika boss. I have little bit over 50k kills and i have win one 1 vs 1 fight.

hahahaha

[ZBs][ZDs] Nikogda ne slakai
200,000 WwW Kills

in Match-ups

Sevenn.3085

I m sorry, I didn t say strongest… 18 guards spamming 1 and 7,8,9 isn t much about skill but the easyest with the current Meta. I ve played 3 weeks against sfr guild grps and their movement is good but skillwise…I haven t been pulled once by a greatsword skill and maybe ran into 2 hammer bubbles. I ve got no stability the whole fight.
bashing random zergs might look good on video, but as long as you re not looking for a challenge you ll not improve as players.
but props to you, your paintrains certainly got discipline and some good commanders.
I ve had plenty of 1vs 1 against Con, Iddq, Rise, ECL, OSC Thiefs, Mesmers, ele s and engi s. They are certainly better then a normal random. But 8/10 of the fights end up with me smiling.

We were talking gvg, 18 guards spamming 1 isn’t a gvg meta.

And you seem to have infered that I was saying SFR has the strongest guilds, you misread. I spoke of a desire to fight the strongest, that would require changing tier.

Now you move onto 1v1 discussion, fail to see what that has to do with anything but I am happy to come lower that 8/10 ratio for you.

Keep on smiling

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in Match-ups

Thyophelis.8035

I m sorry. All I wanted is to burst your bubble that you ve got a majority of leet players on sfr :-) Yes seems i missunderstood you. For me it sounded like, you can t fight the strongest guilds since they re on your server. You just meant because there s basicly none in T2 exept the sfr ones :-)

Well I was refering to wvw in general. I wonder how many of those 30+ primetime guilds are guards. If not 18 maybe 15 or 12? would love to get an answer to thiss…

All I m saying is that you don t improve by rubbing with a paintrain of over 30 people over guild grps of 15 or uncordinated random zergs that are spread like disease over this Server.

And from what I ve seen Deso are even less people then we.

(edited by Thyophelis.8035)

in Match-ups

Sevenn.3085

I’m not sure on composition for other guilds on SFR but option seems to run with up to 8 guardian in a 25 man squad.

For sure steam rolling isn’t fun but I think 25 ish people should be the amount a wvw guild is looking to field. Individual skill is still important with that amount whilst being enough to beat the larger but less organised groups.

Its a tough place for the 10-15 man squads, I usually see smaller groups of 5 or the full 25+ groups. So you opportunity for skilled equal number encounters is much lower than other size groups, maybe even less opportunity than the solo roamer.

Ultimately I think these 10-15 man groups should look to recruit/merge and come fight the 25+ guilds

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in Match-ups

Moon.6371

Please don`t feel offended, Sevenn, actually I really like how you try to explain your view of the situation.

However, to me personally all the beautiful stuff that makes small scale (and gw2) appealing to me gets lost in groups of more then…say… 10 mans.

No clutch moves possible rolling with such numbers (25 man), no focus target, no heal or channeling interrupts, no split second decision making to gain slight advantages infight, no real individual impact on the outcome of the fight, no real flow of information infight (25 people giving information about their skillusage etc. would end in utter chaos) – it is all aoe fest and feels more like PvE raiding in other games than actual PvP.

Watching top level GvG`s of zerging guilds just confirms that to me, never ever focus target, mark the leader; walk, where he walks and spam ae dps and ae cc. I just cannot pull any enjoyment out of it and I guess many small scalers feel the same way. Why would I give up on what I love most in this game and do something that is just not fun for me?

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

(edited by Moon.6371)

in Match-ups

Deniara Devious.3948

I’m not sure on composition for other guilds on SFR but option seems to run with up to 8 guardian in a 25 man squad.

For sure steam rolling isn’t fun but I think 25 ish people should be the amount a wvw guild is looking to field. Individual skill is still important with that amount whilst being enough to beat the larger but less organised groups.

Its a tough place for the 10-15 man squads, I usually see smaller groups of 5 or the full 25+ groups. So you opportunity for skilled equal number encounters is much lower than other size groups, maybe even less opportunity than the solo roamer.

Ultimately I think these 10-15 man groups should look to recruit/merge and come fight the 25+ guilds

Sounds reasonable. I think I have encountered SFR guilds who run less guardians than what you reported, maybe 1/4 of the group is guardians e.g. 6 guardians in 24. I think the Deso pain trains at EB Ins has been running are doing the same: run a lot of warriors and guardians as that is the meta.

Ironically I find guardians the easiest profession to beat in 1-vs-1, despite they are so strong in groups. It is probably because most WvWvW guardiands aren’t specced for solo fight and long range combat is guardian’s Achilles’ heel. A full zerker guardian who knows how to play could be dangerous against any single roamer (except maybe underwater, underwater guardians are just… low tier).

I agree that running in a 10-15 group is really difficult now. We have tried that with TLA. The best we could muster was around a dozen players and we are an alliance of Finnish guilds. We didn’t have the best co-ordination, but we simply lost due we didn’t have the numbers to fight against twice as big enemy groups. Solo roaming is easier despite there is very good likelihood to run into 2-5 man enemy roaming team.

I have a question for SFR players:
You have a lot of big WvWvW guilds. And you know Desolation has only one hard core WvWvW guild left: Eternal Invictus. And I wouldn’t call INVI big.

Aren’t you bored that there isn’t a force to counter you?

We can sometimes collect quite a lot of PuGs in one place, but outside EB there is max 7 people on TeamSpeak, usually none, so our only coordination is map chat and most of our players are not from English-speaking countries. I think it is fair to say that under these circumstances we are doing a good job.

I am afraid how long time our players will endure this imbalanced match up. I can guess a lot of our commanders are having a burn out e.g. today our own BL was once again without any commander more than half of the time. I was commanding 2.5 h in row, but I simply don’t have more energy in this heat (It is really hot both outside and in my computer room and we got thunderstorm + heavy rain afternoon).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aikanaro.2609

Aikanaro.2609

To sum up last pages:
- crying 5 ppl gankers about being roflstomped by 15+ guild groups.
- solo gankers crying.
- crying about stupidness and easyness of guardian class.
- crying about 20-25 groups and lacking skill in that format
- le blob crying.
Basically, you have no idea how hard it is to manage a 25+ group. It is ten times harder than 5 ppl with all that combo fields work, class stacking, build etc. Look at RG – they are SUPER good with that. Wish we could do like that.
About Deso guilds: only INVI? What about [GoD], [Unit]?

ZDs

in Match-ups

Sevenn.3085

Please don`t feel offended, Sevenn, actually I really like how you try to explain your view of the situation.

However, to me personally all the beautiful stuff that makes small scale (and gw2) appealing to me gets lost in groups of more then…say… 10 mans.

No clutch moves possible rolling with such numbers (25 man), no focus target, no heal or channeling interrupts, no split second decision making to gain slight advantages infight, no real individual impact on the outcome of the fight, no real flow of information infight (25 people giving information about their skillusage etc. would end in utter chaos) – it is all aoe fest and feels more like PvE raiding in other games than actual PvP.

Watching top level GvG`s of zerging guilds just confirms that to me, never ever focus target, mark the leader; walk, where he walks and spam ae dps and ae cc. I just cannot pull any enjoyment out of it and I guess many small scalers feel the same way. Why would I give up on what I love most in this game and do something that is just not fun for me?

Best regards

There can be no argument that individual skill has a greater impact as squad sizes decreases but I dont think that it has decreased to such a degree that the fight is unfulfilling.

There certainly is a high flow of information. Through using different channels in comms with different broadcast settings and whisper lists skill usage and cool downs are called without polluting the comms.

Twitch play is less important and there is more room for individual error to not have a negative outcome overall.

You say you have seen gvgs and they look like simple follow the leader trains. I would imagine your impression would change if you were on their comms, there is a reason why certain guilds are considered top gvg guilds and skill must be the reason.

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

(edited by Sevenn.3085)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Best regards

Agreed.
With 25 it’s usually like this: buff buff, dodge left dodge right, straight on them – where the meele train (guardian/warrior) go through enemy group with all their stabilities and stuff, while ranged stay on backs doing aoe. It’s all about moving as a group, and usually the group with more meele wins.
In smaller group fights there is nothing like this. Sure you can try to focus single players but so can the enemy. Actual player skill, timing of skills, each person build and all their play style is much more visible and for many ppl it’s much more fun. More thinking what to do on your own, than listening comander shouting on TS “buff, veil…” and so on.

In the end there are both types of ppl, ones who like to follow their comander when they run all together, but usually not so good when not runing in their zerg, and the ones who are more individual and rely more on their own abilities and the few friends around.
Your choice where you belong :p

(edited by Atoss.1056)

in Match-ups

Moon.6371

To sum up Aikanaro:

-I am so stronk because I always walk with my 24 guild buddies!
-I am so stronk because I can tell 24 people to stay close to me!
-I am so stronk because we actually manage to stack might and classes!

Dude, you don`t know what fun you miss out on, just riding the zerg wave… and yeah… RG… what can I say, well coordinated zerging guild but match them vs any decent small scalers and they will fall like flies (equal numbers given)… been there, seen it numerous times when they happened to be on servers Kodash fought against.

Again, no insult, just my personal observation.

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: ice ice baby.6083

ice ice baby.6083

I can understand that 2 guilds are forming together if you re facing the Kodash blobb, which is on EB and 1 other map.

On the other 2 maps you ve got plenty of kodash 5-10 man guilds running around, Bots that are around 20+ man, KILL, wdr or EOW around 15 and a random commander who s lucky to have 20 randoms folowing him for an hour. but still on this maps, OSC runs with XAOC, some iddq are also spread in there. BOOM is also always tailing another guild. From your dedicated WVW guilds only very few seem to have the selfconfidense to run in lower numbers then 35+man.
I ll admit we have ran into some guild grps from SFR. CON, ECL, VZ or so comes to mind. who are the other guilds who claim to not blobb?

Big respect to INVI, you re about the only thing that impressed me from Desolation, and maybe some solo mesmers and 1 or 2 ele s.

I resent that BOOM are always tagging onto other guilds.

We are only just becoming a larger force in WvW being mainly a PVE guild. Even tonight we only had 10-18 players we was running by ourself around Deso map. Apart from once where we all teamed up to take garrison.

Most of the time we were getting steamrolled by 40+ man Deso and Kodash zergs.

Ok if we dont have a guild raid i want to play wvw so i will jump in with Con or follow a commander on teamspeak. If we have 5 people interested in WvW then we will small team camps.

Pure, Leader Of ;
[dF]Driven by Fury
Far Shiverpeaks