T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: LordKael.7260

LordKael.7260

We enjoyed having you guys too SF, [KING] [CoSA] [SONG] especially, and sometimes that WalMart one haha! We always knew when we met you guys, or you were spotted on the map somewhere, we would have a good fight on our hands.

I have an inkling we will meet again though, we aren’t too far apart from each other in the rankings.

Good luck wherever you end up.

O.o
I must say I’m rather surprised to see a shoutout to my guild on here haha. Considering I’m the only regular (with a couple more that hop in now and then), it’s nice to know we made an impression somehow and it’s much appreciated.

Btw, it was fun running around with you guys in animal tonics before the rest of our guys crashed the party :P

Lord Kael – Guardian
Seventh Legion [VII]

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Thankyou for wasting your supply repairing the wall instead of build lord siege or a treb to counter our catas [KING] guys

First time in WvW this week, yay!

Attachments:

Mr(s) Starkk

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

DH especially has the ability to do this well if everyone’s on the same page. 20 running like this can wipe 60+ unorganized like they were nothing. Stay balled and spam F so anytime someone gets into downed state they’re immediately rezzed. This form the line, range AoE bullkitten zerg tactics won’t work against higher tiers. Always remember AoE has a 5 man limit.

Best of luck in future match ups Have enjoyed our stay together.

You are correct good sir and this is why DH will not advance beyond tier 5 as they are more likely to have equal (or even greater) coverage than we do. But most of our players have never played on a higher tier and since we have never been a high server….these are the type of tactics that have become dominate to our own detriment. And I might be the minority opinion on DH….but I fully believe had every server had equal coverage we would not have been able to bridge, what imo, is an obvious skill gap between organized and efficient guilds in both SF (king namely…and idc to hear about how they hacked…as I never saw it. Though all the corpse laughing, teabagging and other such nonsense detracts from the guilds overall skill)and IoJ.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]

(edited by lilcoffeebean.3149)

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

DH especially has the ability to do this well if everyone’s on the same page. 20 running like this can wipe 60+ unorganized like they were nothing. Stay balled and spam F so anytime someone gets into downed state they’re immediately rezzed. This form the line, range AoE bullkitten zerg tactics won’t work against higher tiers. Always remember AoE has a 5 man limit.

Best of luck in future match ups Have enjoyed our stay together.

You are correct good sir and this is why DH will not advance beyond tier 5 as they are more likely to have equal (or even greater) coverage than we do. But most of our players have never played on a higher tier and since we have never been a high server….these are the type of tactics that have become dominate to our own detriment. And I might be the minority opinion on DH….but I fully believe had every server had equal coverage we would not have been able to bridge, what imo, is an obvious skill gap between organized and efficient guilds in both SF (king namely…and idc to hear about how they hacked…as I never saw it. Though all the corpse laughing, teabagging and other such nonsense detracts from the guilds overall skill)and IoJ.

It seems we all have hackers throughout the servers, although I have never seen KING have any hackers, it is definitely possible some bad apples may just randomly be in the ranks.

I have the same feeling it is like that for everyone, just as we saw a hacker from FURY tele into cliffside, and garrison on our BLs, we can’t say “fury is a bunch of hax0rz omg!” because we only saw the one person.

The day the bugs and cheats get fixed is the day we will have some truly epic fights! No more zoom cheating to AC over walls, no more flyers taking out lords with no white swords popping, and having the siege cap bug fixed up (and never coming back!)

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Going from pvdooring your garrison gate down and running to hills with golems, we saw one poor SF fella? You guys gave up that quickly? Owait you were reflipping paper towers <3 LOL
Couldnt help but laugh at our failed attempts of a portal bomb when just charging in did the job <3

Attachments:

Mr(s) Starkk

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

lilcoffeebean.3149

It seems we all have hackers throughout the servers, although I have never seen KING have any hackers, it is definitely possible some bad apples may just randomly be in the ranks.

I have the same feeling it is like that for everyone, just as we saw a hacker from FURY tele into cliffside, and garrison on our BLs, we can’t say “fury is a bunch of hax0rz omg!” because we only saw the one person.

Definately, I know the other day I saw a ranger on our server who was guildless that exhibited some very very suspicious running speed in WvW, but you get those people everywhere. At least he wasn’t in a guild though to tarnish a tag. I don’t know about every guild on our server, but I do feel like the majority would take hacking seriously and get rid of any minority that might be doing so if they were caught. The problem is catching them though as in a 10vs10 or even 5vs5 to some extent, you’re not gauging whether your guildmates might be doing something out of the ordinary….unless it’s just incredibly blatant.

I can only say I never saw firsthand any SF hackers, although in our bl’s at redlake I did somehow take damage from a thousand blades warrior while I was up near the lord’s room. He was in the tunnel attacking some players, but I think this was a bug rather than an actual hack. Often I think bugs get confused with hacking.

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

We enjoyed having you guys too SF, [KING] [CoSA] [SONG] especially, and sometimes that WalMart one haha! We always knew when we met you guys, or you were spotted on the map somewhere, we would have a good fight on our hands.

I have an inkling we will meet again though, we aren’t too far apart from each other in the rankings.

O.o
I must say I’m rather surprised to see a shoutout to my guild on here haha. Considering I’m the only regular (with a couple more that hop in now and then), it’s nice to know we made an impression somehow and it’s much appreciated.

Btw, it was fun running around with you guys in animal tonics before the rest of our guys crashed the party :P

Don’t get too excited Kael they also mentioned Walmart….There will be no living with robot in Mumble when he sees that….

Mag Server Leader

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

So I’ve had a lot of fun and good WvW these last few weeks, and I’d like to thank SF and IOJ for that. I’ve learned a lot and owe a better dub vee dubber to you all. And I give ~speshul thanks to [KING] and Seven Mirror, it’s been a stabbing fighting dying killing dueling pleasure <333

I have a huge screencap spam from the week. mostly of the Eternal Battleground epic weekend fights and some goofiness

To the Trojan horse SF Knight from [SONG] last night- You were a baby quaggan with us… then someone with a big sword hacking away at us animals. Haha, guess the yaks looked too tasty to pass up.

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Attack Robot.2619

Attack Robot.2619

O.o

Don’t get too excited Kael they also mentioned Walmart….There will be no living with robot in Mumble when he sees that….

It was probably just Kael repping WMT

Commanders Ararius(guardian) & Attack Robot (ele) [CoSA] SF

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thoman.8167

Thoman.8167

As Melody said its been a great run! Although DH had the edge, IoJ and SF, you guys have put up a great fight. I know it seemed like we were getting double teamed but as Monk said earlier this week you were just hitting us while we were occupied which is good strategy. It made it really interesting and kept the score closer.

Special shout outs to KING and PVP from SF. Boosted some big numbers
!
HARD and COSA from IoJ as well.

Here’s a scrrenshot of SE hitting IoJ’s Bay the Tuesday night. It’s about 1/3 of who we had from our guild there, I wish I had a better one. Whoever was commanding that defense good job! Took us a lot of effort to cap that!

Attachments:

[SE]-Darkhaven
Starless Niight-80 Warrior-Commander
Niightchill-80 Mesmer-Portal Bomber

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

As Melody said its been a great run! Although DH had the edge, IoJ and SF, you guys have put up a great fight. I know it seemed like we were getting double teamed but as Monk said earlier this week you were just hitting us while we were occupied which is good strategy. It made it really interesting and kept the score closer.

!

Here’s a scrrenshot of SE hitting IoJ’s Bay the Tuesday night. It’s about 1/3 of who we had from our guild there, I wish I had a better one. Whoever was commanding that defense good job! Took us a lot of effort to cap that!

I do believe CoSa is an SF guild, the big WvW guilds on IoJ are [HARD] and [POOH] :P though hard tends to be a bit more organized ([GEN] is int here too, dont worry didnt forget you guys!)

Isle Of Janthir

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: jherbin.5723

jherbin.5723

I learned WvW on this match up as I had not played at all before, so I also owe everyone who’s been in recently many thanks. It took a few trait resets and a couple of armor sets to build a ranger that works in WvW for my style, but I’m still learning every day with each time I get slayed in the open. Anyone who is versed in ranger WvW, send me a PM and I can ask you some questions. gl,hf all, see you on shortly!

Vonurbaine: l80 Ranger on Darkhaven
[RTH] Royal Tyrian Highlanders

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Anyone who is versed in ranger WvW, send me a PM and I can ask you some questions.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have questions. Its far too broad of a subject without specifics though!

I do not claim to be anything but an “above-average” player, but I am not too bad. I am relatively experienced with ~20k kills, so I am more than willing to share what I have learned in that time. Still a whole lot more to learn, but thats just life.

edit: Here is a link that kind of generalizes one role we can play in WvW. Like I said though, its pretty broad subject matter, so its tough to go into very specific detail. General WvW stuff is also helpful, but isnt really profession specific (siege placement, siege tactics, open field tactics, etc)

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Thoman.8167

!

I do believe CoSa is an SF guild, the big WvW guilds on IoJ are [HARD] and [POOH] :P though hard tends to be a bit more organized ([GEN] is int here too, dont worry didnt forget you guys!)

yes Cosa is a SF guild! lol my bad.

[SE]-Darkhaven

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: LordKael.7260

LordKael.7260

To the Trojan horse SF Knight from [SONG] last night- You were a baby quaggan with us… then someone with a big sword hacking away at us animals. Haha, guess the yaks looked too tasty to pass up.

Baby quaggans have a big appetite

Lord Kael – Guardian
Seventh Legion [VII]

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

Thankyou for wasting your supply repairing the wall instead of build lord siege or a treb to counter our catas [KING] guys

First time in WvW this week, yay!

Lol one KING guy counts as our whole guild now? And i don’t know what lord room siege is gonna do when there are only 5 defenders in there. Anyway good job with the PvD tsmorning Starkk, im gonna miss you guys

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

I Monk For L O V E.7528

!

Holy crap like you guys can field 60 people??? No wonder it seems like there are so many of you -_-

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

!

No [TRBO] and [GOG]? No more TRIGENGOG then.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Tukmolytes.3467

In all seriousness.

I will miss SF (no pun or sarcasm). I love fighting [KING], [SE] and [CoSA]. You guys are the best server I have fought so far.

DH on the other hand is good but I’m so tired of fighting you guys (no offense). We’ve been through a lot and me personally acknowledge that we cannot win when you guys are around.

I wish SF and DH good luck in the next group you are fighting against.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Power Ranger

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: neiliam.8614

neiliam.8614

In all seriousness.

I will miss SF (no pun or sarcasm). I love fighting [KING], [SE] and [CoSA]. You guys are the best server I have fought so far.

DH on the other hand is good but I’m so tired of fighting you guys (no offense). We’ve been through a lot and me personally acknowledge that we cannot win when you guys are around.

Lol, just like [CoSa] is not an IoJ guild (it’s SF)….[SE] is not an SF guild (it’s DH).

Lightning Gunblade
Member of Darkhaven’s [DHE]
In WvWvW, what’s yours is mine and what’s mine is mine.

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Tukmolytes.3467

In all seriousness.

Lol, just like [CoSa] is not an IoJ guild (it’s SF)….[SE] is not an SF guild (it’s DH).

WTF! I’m confused now. LOL! You all look the same in RED! Hahahaha!

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Power Ranger

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Well looks like we are going to get the same match up again next week unless DH manages to climb up about 20 points in the ratings. Hope everyone is ready for another week of the same kitten. Oh and if you dont believe me look at the update for the wvw match ups.

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: urbanevil.7145

urbanevil.7145

[HARD] Thank’s everyone for the fights, good and bad, was definetly a fun and tooth and nail matchup. Much respect to DH and SF.

IOJ-Raganarkz – 80 Asura Thief [HARD]
IOJ-Bouttobuffitup – 80 Norn Guard[HARD]
http://www.hardcorepwnography.com

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

lilcoffeebean.3149

Well looks like we are going to get the same match up again next week unless DH manages to climb up about 20 points in the ratings. Hope everyone is ready for another week of the same kitten. Oh and if you dont believe me look at the update for the wvw match ups.

Taken from the MOS website which is what most use to find the matchups “With these changes, currently we can only predict new ratings and rankings, but not next matchups. I hope Arena.net will provide the random roll (through the API or leaderboards) before the end of the matchup. With this knowledge, we would then be able to predict next matchups.”

So no, the odds of us having the same matchup are extremely low although possible. This also assumes these changes won’t have bugs…..which I’m skeptical about =P

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

Taken from the MOS website which is what most use to find the matchups “With these changes, currently we can only predict new ratings and rankings, but not next matchups. I hope Arena.net will provide the random roll (through the API or leaderboards) before the end of the matchup. With this knowledge, we would then be able to predict next matchups.”

So no, the odds of us having the same matchup are extremely low although possible. This also assumes these changes won’t have bugs…..which I’m skeptical about =P

We were hoping to roll out the new matchup system for the next matchups but unfortunately we ran into a few snags. We are working hard to get everything working 100% correctly and tested and should be able to start the new matchups once we’ve checked everything. I’ll make sure to be back to let you all know as far ahead of time as I can. My apologies for the inconvenience.

By DevonCarver

Piiz

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

lilcoffeebean.3149

We were hoping to roll out the new matchup system for the next matchups but unfortunately we ran into a few snags. We are working hard to get everything working 100% correctly and tested and should be able to start the new matchups once we’ve checked everything. I’ll make sure to be back to let you all know as far ahead of time as I can. My apologies for the inconvenience.

By DevonCarver

Well on a bright note, at least it ‘should’ be bug free when implemented.

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

WTF nuuuuuu not another week of Euros PVDooring on North American servers while we all sleep and work…………………………nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

In other news, and on a positive note, my temporary guild may prove that much more useful in the same matchup.

Holla at ya boy if you SFers wanna join/rep it. Not gonna troll it on here, yall know what it is lol…

Mag Server Leader

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: nyckolag.2394

nyckolag.2394

Fun times tonight in DHBL. First time tagging up on the offensive; started out with a group of about 6 or 7, got up to roughly 20 at one stage – not enough to bring up orange swords, but just enough to have an effective portal bomb into your lord’s room, hehe.

I was, however, seriously disheartened by the amount of siege sitting in lake. Especially when my freshly built arrow cart dropped down to 0 health before I could even get my guys to build up a ram.

Thank you to my IoJ guys that followed me – and the patience you guys had when we were taking that tower, slowly. An excellent learning experience for me and my [roam] guys.

Also as a side note to anybody who sees us around ([roam]), we’re always happy to have a friendly duel or small-man vs small-man. Otherwise, you’ll probably see a stake to the face!

In the good-spirited nature of the thread (and yes, I am aware we’ll be fighting eachother next week again), I’d just like to make a few shout outs to some of the guys that my team – and just me solo – have been coming up against. [PD], you guys work great in synergy together. I haven’t gone up against you with my own team, but I have fought you solo, and also dueled one of your mesmers. In the later I won, but only barely.

[KING]; always fun to fight you. You’ve got a reputation on IoJ as the guys to watch out for – and for good reason. I’ve also had some great 1v1’s with some of your guys; learned a few things from Seven, and made friends with Dreadmode. Good times!

Once again; good fights, everyone have fun, don’t kitten on the forums (yeah, I’m guilty of this, but it’s a bad habit!), and hit Fellblade up in game if you want to organise some fights at all. Otherwise look for the round, white eyes and the [roam] tag. You’ll know me when you see me.

Fellblade is best blade.
Leader and head forum barbarian for [roam]

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Yep looks like we’ll all be stuck together another week at LEAST, probably more like 2-3 knowing Anets records of getting things out :P

Edits:

Okay, so after much hard work and no small amount of wizardry we are going to get this in for today. We were unable to get the leaderboards fully set up to indicate the matchups, so there will be a disconnect there, but you will see your matchups once you log in.

Anet pulled this out a bit ago and proved me wrong xD

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Whoever created this thread, I hate you. I don’t know how you did it, but my eyes glaze over the title every time I’ve tried to find the thread this week, and it takes like 2-3 scans before I finally find it.

So shame on you! Also shame for not using the QA format for easy score updates. Anyway, enjoyed our time in t6 so far, looking forward to the new matchups regardless of where we land up though.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

I Monk For L O V E.7528

This is what Sorrows Furnace and I decided to do in EB with our superior numbers last night, hope you all enjoy it and ill miss you guys, maybe…

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

This is what Sorrows Furnace and I decided to do in EB with our superior numbers last night, hope you all enjoy it and ill miss you guys, maybe…

rofl, I like the part where you fall off the cliff. XD

I will so quaggan with y’all next time!

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Thoman.8167

!

Holy crap like you guys can field 60 people??? No wonder it seems like there are so many of you -_-

Haha that was are best night yet Monk! had close to 100 online in guild! We normally rally between 20-30 and 40ish on reset nights.

[SE]-Darkhaven

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

10 DH just flipped our hills vs 4 of us.. ONLY10!!! GJ on [SE] part there, took advantage of literally no one coming to help us in our BL, all busy in EB I guess cause EB is so important. Did our best to hold you til a few more came but was too late by then. Sigh, oh well, anyways again props to [SE] for taking advantage of that situation, woulda done the same thing as them in their position

Isle Of Janthir

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

That was fun. I was with you guys charging the IoJ Spawn(mesmer on the broom) I try telling other DH not to attack but wxp is wxp i guess. too bad this is the last week of this match or i’ll say a hugh 3 server Quaggan party

edit: If we every face you guys SF, I say we have a tonic fight club

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHAVen………

Now what am i gonna do with this guild, DH I sincerely hope that one day you get all those uplevels to 80.

GL HF, don’t die in a planecrash.

Mag Server Leader

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

o/ Good bye DarkHaven, its been a fun 3months or more now with you never wanting to leave us :P and SF best of luck to yo u, needa fix those weekly numbers and you’ll be fine in future match ups ^-^

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

King Amadaeus.8619

In all seriousness, it was fun, learned a lot about our server. Most things we thought we already knew, DH did a good job of proving it to us.

IoJ if you guys ever get enough NA people in WvW you will be a force, Gl HF moving forward.

Mag Server Leader

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

WAT. You missed the part where I was dodge rolling like mad on the inner steps of their spawn while I was in karka form for like a whole minute

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

T6 (5/24) DHvsIoJvsSF

in Match-ups

lilcoffeebean.3149

Seems like all 3 of our servers got favorable matchups or what should be at least. I will miss the challenge of this matchup, but I’m sure we’ll see each other again soon.