T8: 5/24/13 HoD-FC-ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Anet ruined fight night :<

How did they run fight night? ALSO WHERE IS FIGHT NIGHT? I AM OUT FOR BLOOD RIGHT NOW AND SEE NOTHING!

My guess is that it was when they gave us “a new build will be available in the next hour or two” and then kicked us out six minutes later.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Petezahut.3068

Petezahut.3068

^ post patch everyone left
what kaos said

(edited by Petezahut.3068)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

It only took about 1.5 seconds to download the patch. Why didn’t people come back? I like fight night :*(

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I just wanted to thank HoD for a terrible matchup. I hope by some fluke chance you get matched up against T2.

Attachments:

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Geoski.1407

Geoski.1407

Shout out to PAXA, thanks for the good fights over the past few days. Always nice to stumble across you guys.

P.S.
Watchout for the asuras in the cornfield.

Lil Homie, Asura Guardian
Check [Mate] | Darkhaven
“When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Hello!

Incase we have different match ups i just wanted to say thanks for the amazing few weeks. i know it has been rough for both of you. a lot of pvdooring and an unfair matchup. it has been so much fun for LK and myself! with HoD being personally totally bulldozed with superior numbers this was the perfect time for LK to practice its techniques, and get our tactics down for how we play.

and both FC and ET have given solid zerg fights throughout the last couple weeks. to deth given us our first GvG experience. to fighting outnumbered against ET in their bl. to learning more about the best builds for us to play and learn our synergy. and although it isnt perfect we have taken this few weeks to strength ourselves and be ready for the higher tiers.

so thank you guys for the solid fights. i hope your next matchup is much more fair as far as numbers. and next time we fight LK will be storming ur bl :p
Regards
Havvik

[Wake] main driver/GL

in Match-ups

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

I just took some time to read through Ungood’s thread on his little separate QQ forum… made my day. It must be eating him up not being able to respond on these forums, as he posts responses to subcrazy on the whine about PAXA thread. Really, can’t wait 3 days? Too long of a vacation for a forum warrior? lol. So money.

Its like trolling with out really trolling. Who knew. Umm score update please.

Hi.

To answer your question. It does not chew me up to be honest, in fact I could have responded to you yesterday.

Anyway, thanks for the free advertisement to the public ET forums.

Also, You can get up to minute score updates with maps Here

If you call bad press and ppl leaving, advertisement that you want, then glad I can help.

Cheers.

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

I… Like… Pie…

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

I just took some time to read through Ungood’s thread on his little separate QQ forum… made my day. It must be eating him up not being able to respond on these forums, as he posts responses to subcrazy on the whine about PAXA thread. Really, can’t wait 3 days? Too long of a vacation for a forum warrior? lol. So money.

Its like trolling with out really trolling. Who knew. Umm score update please.

Hi.

To answer your question. It does not chew me up to be honest, in fact I could have responded to you yesterday.

Anyway, thanks for the free advertisement to the public ET forums.

Also, You can get up to minute score updates with maps Here

If you call bad press and ppl leaving, advertisement that you want, then glad I can help.

Cheers.

Seems we veered off topic a bit and It’s late for me, I first read that as “if you call bad people leaving advertisement, then glad I could help” and I was about to thank you for it, LOL.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Alright FC and ET, here are the potential new match-ups organized by server under the new ArenaNet system:

Henge of Denravi
0.000000 Blackgate
0.000000 Jade Quarry
0.000000 Sanctum of Rall
0.000000 Dragonbrand
0.000000 Fort Aspenwood
0.000000 Tarnished Coast
0.000017 Maguuma
0.000022 Kaineng
0.000083 Yak’s Bend
0.000269 Sea of Sorrows
0.035701 Crystal Desert
0.055201 Stormbluff Isle
0.292330 Ehmry Bay
2.745221 Anvil Rock
3.154464 Borlis Pass
6.485715 Darkhaven
11.410986 Isle of Janthir
12.322618 Sorrow’s Furnace
22.004490 Devona’s Rest
22.744338 Gate of Madness
23.928621 Northern Shiverpeaks
45.675469 Ferguson’s Crossing
49.144457 Eredon Terrace

Ferguson’s Crossing
0.000000 Blackgate
0.000000 Jade Quarry
0.000000 Sanctum of Rall
0.000000 Dragonbrand
0.000000 Fort Aspenwood
0.000000 Tarnished Coast
0.000000 Maguuma
0.000000 Kaineng
0.000000 Yak’s Bend
0.000015 Sea of Sorrows
0.011466 Crystal Desert
0.017789 Stormbluff Isle
0.095918 Ehmry Bay
1.329529 Anvil Rock
1.600135 Borlis Pass
4.304137 Darkhaven
9.169243 Isle of Janthir
10.165482 Sorrow’s Furnace
22.053395 Devona’s Rest
23.055667 Gate of Madness
24.680521 Northern Shiverpeaks
45.675469 Henge of Denravi
57.841235 Eredon Terrace

Eredon Terrace
0.000000 Blackgate
0.000000 Jade Quarry
0.000000 Sanctum of Rall
0.000000 Dragonbrand
0.000000 Fort Aspenwood
0.000000 Tarnished Coast
0.000000 Maguuma
0.000000 Kaineng
0.000000 Yak’s Bend
0.000007 Sea of Sorrows
0.004736 Crystal Desert
0.007290 Stormbluff Isle
0.040173 Ehmry Bay
0.796821 Anvil Rock
0.977082 Borlis Pass
3.126920 Darkhaven
7.908661 Isle of Janthir
8.965450 Sorrow’s Furnace
22.327361 Devona’s Rest
23.488228 Gate of Madness
25.371579 Northern Shiverpeaks
49.144457 Henge of Denravi
57.841235 Ferguson’s Crossing

If you don’t know what you’re looking at, each one of those numbers are a % chance you will face that server, so ET has a 58% chance of playing FC and a 49% chance of playing HoD again, we may not be done with each other quite yet but I guess we’ll just have to roll the dice and see what happens.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/New-matchup-system-official-info/page/9#post2126885

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

(edited by Bllade.1029)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sinester.3572

Sinester.3572

It was a nice week FC and ET i hope we get to fight again

HOD Comander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

Last night sums up the week. I can go both ways about being matched up with ET and FC again. Anyways, it has been a great week of fun!

Ivy

Attachments:

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

It’s not done yet unless we get some news soon about the random matchups…

In all possibility we’re going to have to be stuck together for at least another week. Well HoD, ET and others from FC that is. I can’t see myself on the battlefield any more while HoD is around. I want to, really… but I just get angry and annoyed by your numbers, sorry. HoD has some really talented players here and there (lately LK is a reason to crack my knuckles for a good fight), but it’s just HoDx40 everywhere all the fracking time! And I hate most that you barge into a tower with lonely me trying to hold off 20 of you and you jump and laugh as if you accomplished something spectacular.

I’ve not fought against more than 3 ET this week because we’re both just tied up with holding off HoD.

I don’t know how we will fair against NSP or DR, but I don’t even want to know any more.

I guess I’m just peeved that every server dropping to T8 got a ton of transfers except FC or ET. What’s up with that?

/end gripe – cya on the battlefield I suppose.

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in Match-ups

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

snip

I—WE—have been where you are, when I first started playing WvW, we were up against DH, and they were increasingly roflstomping us especially over the night, when are coverage was low (really really low). Then came the NSP/GoM/HoD match up and NSP came out swinging, I would guess that was to ensure we would be suitably demoralized as to not put up a fight, but yeah, it wasn’t an overwhelming horde.

Over the next couple match ups, NSP, GoM and my server, HoD got better, learned from one another, but we still couldn’t hold SM from NSP.

Then came the transfers… We faced off against an ever increasing number of Nespies and GoMmie Bears, and while not demoralized completely, had a larger quotient of Map chat drama than was necessary in a game, to be sure. We have over a dozen veteran commanders that would just not even take the field, let alone command, because some folks treated WvW as their own private fiefdom, and the rest of us just played along because we wanted to play.

Then came SF. You guys dealt with them quite a bit, so you understand. When we were SF/NSP/HoD in WvW, you would think the world was coming to an end, and the drama finally came to a head. There was a general split in the WvW population about what should be done about SF, with one large contingent boycotting it altogether, simply to accelerate their moving up a tier; another bloc wanted to use the opportunity to get better, and play against a MUCH bigger opponent.

Notice that I don’t say better here, simply because in smaller groups, most of the SF I faced were not just of lower skill that I was used to (take on a 2-man NSP team solo, get stomped) but seemed to panic without their zerg.

I didn’t want to throw ourselves at them from the spawn point after they capped our EB keeps, half or more of our towers in our own BL, and farmed us non-stop for weeks. I wanted to organize, push in certain areas, communicate, set objectives and work on a clock to be everywhere, and see if they could get enough of a zerg at ALL the places to make a difference. But we couldn’t get enough morale or people to do anything but get farmed.

I know I don’t speak for the whole server, but I personally try very hard not to corpse jump or laugh or treat you guys with anything but respect. When I get caught alone by are group of you, I take my beating and rez to fight some more. I don’t take it personally, because I am sure it isn’t meant personally.

The FC and ET match up has been the most fun (and the most I have died, btw) I have had in WvW since I started, and even when we lose thing perpetually, like Bay the other night I am glad to keep on fighting. I hope you do the same, no matter what the match up is.

On a side note, we should organize an FC, ET, and HoD meetup in various cities and have a frosty beverage sometime. That way we can have the camaraderie that people who play Risk, Softball, or Pool can have while competing against one another.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

snip

2nd snip

Well, thanks for that – you’re a bigger man than I am. Without jumping to the occasion about some gripe from an FC player you pushed some support this way.

I know all about being on the loosing end and having nothing more than the BL spawn camp to fight for.
I’m just disheartened because when HoD moved down we really had a good matchup. Everyone was around and spending mebbe more hours than they should and burning themselves out? But it all changed when Southsun arrived and HoD took a little break. After that and some boasting from FC and ET’s end, the numbers really turned against us. I think a lot of people lost heart, because just about 2 weeks ago our numbers started to drop in WvW (from my perspective at least). There was no more point to it all because as soon as we recapped our own property, HoD would show up and flip it all to green again just waves and waves of red pounding at the door(s).

I’ll keep on fighting and make you sweat for my death as much as possible. It’s just not so much fun tbh.

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Seems we veered off topic a bit and It’s late for me, I first read that as “if you call bad people leaving advertisement, then glad I could help” and I was about to thank you for it, LOL.

You got that one covered yourself.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in Match-ups

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

Looks like we’re together for another week.
EDIT: Actually, I just checked Millenium…maybe not!

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

(edited by KyoHanakaze.8145)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

You got that one covered yourself.

Thanks. Anyway, I think we are way off topic now, lets get back to how much we hate each other

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

(edited by Ungood.3054)

in Match-ups

lunyboy.8672

Looks like we’re together for another week.
EDIT: Actually, I just checked Millenium…maybe not!

It looks like NSP is putting in the work to stay in that tier, and even if this week goes as well as this last week, there will still be the randomization factor.

I guess a lot can happen by this evening, though.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kanthar Turambar.9164

Kanthar Turambar.9164

Including an apparent fix to the matching system!

in Match-ups

lunyboy.8672

“Fix” is right.

/My character count makes me cool.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

To be honest from my own personal knowledge we got not transfers after we hit T8. Yes our numbers did increase but it is summer. And frankly we have A LOT of college students. I am one myself in my guild I know of a few others. Now that we don’t have finals or class. When we are not out socializing or working im assuming most are WvWing. Also I shall be visiting you tonight in LA regardless of who we fight… (More directed at FC since ET finding one of you guys in WvW is hard -_-) Good luck with who ever we get. Im personally still pulling for T8 vs JQ! Together… we may be able to take a supply camp!!!

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

HoD – 245,071
FC – 134,711
ET – 118,984

FYI Press Ctrl+Shift+ Prt Scr to take a screenshot, where you will find that screenshot in the guild wars 2 file in your documents files(at least that’s where mine is). The text in game will tell you where the file was sent.

5/31 T8 Darkhaven/ Devona’s Rest/ Eredon Terrace, because why the hell not…..Can’t wait to see all the PvEers come back to WvW tonight only to leave in a few days never to return, just like what happens every time there’s a WvW patch………I sometimes dream about what it’s like to be on a server with players that are actually dedicated to WvW, then I wake up to my nightmare. :’(

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald