T9 : Vabbi - FoW - RoF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodel.4871

Kodel.4871

If there’s a jobs going for semi-invincible Vabbi/FoW Gamemasters that require at least 4 AC’s can 3 shot NPC lords, that need about 20 people to down and does ram damage to gates…..I’ll take it!!!!!

P.S. I accept most forms of payment but coffee beans are preferred and I require few toilet breaks.

Ceda Bloodeye – Ranger
Trullsengar – Elementalist
Arapay – Mesmer, Guild Leader RCG / Ring of Fire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

Great! As a FoW player (Xcefior, elementalist) ill try to join in on the social event I have only seen a Vabbi thief who was willing to duel. Tried to get some RoF to duel but to no avail, either they run or I get downed by the group. No hard feelings ^^

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodel.4871

Kodel.4871

Yesterday morning I let 8 FoW take their garrison back, it was with reinforced gates and 750 supply and I got there when outer was at 90%. I can’t tell you how hard it was to NOT use the oil or put up a sup AC but I didn’t and they got it. EB I struggle with even more, it just goes against everything letting them take it. A FoW teamed me and I said to take the oil down before another RoF comes and uses it, he said “yeah they’ve been screaming that in chat for a bit” but they did then, then took it, then attacked me

I don’t want to take any pride away from either Vabbi or FoW, they have great players and with numbers to match RoF it would be a tight match based on that quality. But numbers are what wins the race so respect for any WvW’er on those servers fighting the frustrating fight this week.

Ceda Bloodeye – Ranger
Trullsengar – Elementalist
Arapay – Mesmer, Guild Leader RCG / Ring of Fire

in Match-ups

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

50 WvW kills took about 2 hours yesterday. That is the fastest I’ve ever finished the monthly achievement list.

I have a hint for some Vabbi players. Mesmer clones don’t dodge/roll, ever.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Demaciaa.2380

Demaciaa.2380

i totally feel you and i am sorry for you putting up with us.. That’s main reason why most of my guild (WvW orientated) took a PvE week and we dont go into WvW (for example instead of WvW event we took balthazar today etc.) I respect you guys, because you are really fighting hard and doing your best. I hope they will finally do something about it…..

I think TaG takes the week off because you still haven’t recovered from getting wiped by 6 people on 4 ACs after that fail portalbomb at dawns the first night
Seriously though, I can totally understand that some RoF guilds see no point in doing WvW this week. I have been taking camps in RoF bl all morning and I got the feeling that you guys even LET us take the camps so you can take them back because I was obviously making a circle and you could’ve easily caught me at the next camp.

Well, we have been allowing that the whole week (post day 1) just for something to do If I’m honest, I’ve gone into WvW a few time this week, when FoW took their fort in their own BL is but one example, and I even enjoyed attacking you guys because we didnt have a huge zerg, and you guys fielded a lot of players That said, most of the time i go on WvW is to get my daily, and do the JP :/

(edited by Demaciaa.2380)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spender.6523

Spender.6523

They’ve got spies on our server.

Care to back that up with something substantial?

I noticed that as well. Tomoorow I found a few people at the waypoint at our citadel and I’ve seen them there yesterday. Now, 5 hours later, they are still at the same spot.

Tomorrow we acountered a Vabbi player fighting a group of 5 ROF guys. They told us they were “duelling” and be in the same party. One of my party members asked him, how chars on different servers can be in the same party and the replied, they had created those alts.

Of course this could be a joke, but how would they know about the chars? (and: yes, I got screen shots)

Anyway, I regard this as highly unfair for the following reasons:

• The “outnumbered” buff won’t work properly (because of the alts counted as Vabbi warriors)
  • They can spot our commanders
  • They can read our chat

Smashing us in huge numbers is part of the game. It’s frustrating, but not cheating.

If they want to “duel” (over 12 hours and more?), why don’t they do it in their borderlands?

Don’t get me wrong: Fighting was futile aginst ROF this weekend, but it also was exciting – because we were overpowered and had to work together even better as usual. That’s a main reason to stay on Vabbi BTW, the unbreakable team spirit.

Above that, we had to rethink our strategy and adapt to the ROF strategy, which is pretty good. But if the quick reaction of ROF to our moves was based on those few “spying” guys – that would be most ridiculous.

We’re talking here about a few cheating (?) players. Judging from the posts above I say: Hats off to the vast majority of honest players of ROF. You can kill me any day … ah, you probably will.

in Match-ups

Posted by: soulsugger.5726

soulsugger.5726

Royce Melborn.3276
Maybe to make this for both us (FoW) and RoF more bearable we could organize duels and GvG fights. Might be a nice distraction. Anyone interested in organizing something like that? I would really like to duel that Necromancer “Legend” that was coming at us in Dawns yesterday (was it [TaG] guild?).

-Ur request has been accepted for some awesome 1vs1 or whatever duels at 6gmt today! bring ur friends at vabbi bl at mill hopefully we have some good fights.
Greetings,

Guild – Almost Harmless
Server – Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by soulsugger.5726)

in Match-ups

Posted by: soulsugger.5726

soulsugger.5726

pejot.4806
Yes, the duels were fun, even tho there was not many ppl participating. Cheers to [PRO] guardian who joined us, even tho his upscaled ranger companion kept messing into duels with his pet :P
I hope we can get some more tomorrow evening, again at Vabbi windmill

-It was funny when the ranger tried to 2vs1 with the pet then got killed by like 5 enemies, didnt got stomped, didnt get ressed by allies, lol. (with the 1vs1 matches)

Guild – Almost Harmless
Server – Far Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276
Maybe to make this for both us (FoW) and RoF more bearable we could organize duels and GvG fights. Might be a nice distraction. Anyone interested in organizing something like that? I would really like to duel that Necromancer “Legend” that was coming at us in Dawns yesterday (was it [TaG] guild?).

-Ur request has been accepted for some awesome 1vs1 or whatever duels at 6gmt today! bring ur friends at vabbi bl at mill hopefully we have some good fights.
Greetings,

Awesome guys, thanks so much. I left work early to get everything sorted out before 6pm and I’ll bring my guildies as well. Watch out for FoW people from guild [Jd]. See you in a bit!

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

too bad EU and NA servers are separate. Vabbi/FoW/ET might be interesting

I’m sure ET/FC outnumber Vabbi/FoW…

We’re problably closer to Blacktide/Arborstone/Whiteside…

they have less than 17 people on all 4 WvW maps at the beginning of prime playtime on a friday?

ouch

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I must say this matchup was until now an up and down. There were some awesome fights and I encountered some RoF players with builds I never saw before. But on other occasions we were just smashed. There is actually a big number difference between players on FoW and Vabbi favoring FoW, but that difference doesn’t really matter any more judging by the points.

Such a matchup is ridiculous and I expected that, after they announced the new matchup system. I think ANet won’t care much about that issue, because with our low population we represent only a fraction of customers and therefor won’t get prioritized. It’s sad, but it would be basic economics.

However, I am almost offended by the suggestion to leave my server. I have made it commander in my guild, that is one of the biggest guilds on FoW and I am planning on WvW events for my guild members, to perfect teamwork and create our own strategies and tactics.

And this is, what gives me some hope, that maybe through team work and dedication we will make some kind of stand eventually. RoF players, I encoutnered and talked to, all complimented FoW for our spirit of not giving up and standing our ground on the battlefield. So why would I leave that server?

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Match-ups

Royce Melborn.3276

Quite a few people including myself erred in the time zone so at the moment there are only 3 people from RoF (people there know there time) but 15 from FoW waiting for duels so if any of you RoF or Vabbi people read this move to Vabbi Windmill (behind orchard) ^^

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in Match-ups

Posted by: biglilstampie.2410

biglilstampie.2410

Duels are in 50 minutes from now please don’t go to the windmill yet, TaG is gunna build something wonderful!

Friendly neighborhood commander – [TaG]Mr Cuddlés – RoF

in Match-ups

Posted by: biglilstampie.2410

biglilstampie.2410

Duels are in 46 minutes from now!

Friendly neighborhood commander – [TaG]Mr Cuddlés – RoF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.5964

Talon Silverhawk.5964

They’ve got spies on our server.

Care to back that up with something substantial?

I noticed that as well. Tomoorow I found a few people at the waypoint at our citadel and I’ve seen them there yesterday. Now, 5 hours later, they are still at the same spot.

Tomorrow we acountered a Vabbi player fighting a group of 5 ROF guys. They told us they were “duelling” and be in the same party. One of my party members asked him, how chars on different servers can be in the same party and the replied, they had created those alts.

Of course this could be a joke, but how would they know about the chars? (and: yes, I got screen shots)

You can very easily join a party on another server in wvw. Also you can talk to a player on another server. Just like one can join a party while guesting on another server in pve.

Colourseliteuk [CEUK]

in Match-ups

Royce Melborn.3276

Sorry for taking down your Flame Ram arena guys but the Rams were messing with the Mesmers illusions. Nice idea though just like the golem fight. Next time we bring Omega golems
The majority were RoF people obviously while Vabbi was completely absent (what a shame). Had some fun duels though so big thanks to RoF again for making this possible.

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in Match-ups

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Had some fun duels, your thieves are good WSR.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Match-ups

nagymbear.5280

Yeah only 1 Vabbian showed up, too bad, some of us wanted to see a 5v5v5 Maybe next time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Wsr? o.o

I’m sad I woke up too late and only got on to see heroes from our server interrupting duels then taking like 10 mins to kill 1 half dead person. Ah well :c

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

Thanks to FoW guys for coming and for fun duels, 2v2 and 3v3

And sorry for the 2 PLS that came there to ruin our small event, there was nothing we could do to stop them TBH, it was 1st time I’ve seen these in WvW and I bet they will be gone once we won’t be dominating side. Too bad that it destroyed the fun and relaxed atmosphere we had there.

Just to let you know, the most common reaction among RoF gathered there was “I would transfer to FoW just to kill these” ^^

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

@pejot.4806 good that i alrdy transfered to FoW and did kill them, This Guys really need 2versus1 advantage just to kill half dead persons. I hope they will be gone once we are not dominating, because this kind of person nobody wants in their Server!

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

L Step.8659

We really need our 2 threads combined..

Anyways yeah PLS ruined it. Feel free to cry over their dead bodies this week.

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: judge.8754

judge.8754

Dueling event started out nice. Seen some nice duels happening.

Too bad those Lagat Pls [PLS] people interupted the duels with 3vs1’s. It messed up all our moods.

Mesmers Are Evil / Miss Judge WvW junky
Playing A Game [TaG]
Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

nagymbear.5280

Wsr? o.o

I meant FoW, sorry.

in Match-ups

L Step.8659

Vabbi just got trolled hard by that update.. :s

Nice attack at your garrison ^^

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

No need to apoligise for those guys. I fought the yesterday(I think) And even 1v3 they had trouble killing me. Total brag ohmygosh. I saw some FoW guys doing the same earlier, just the way it goes sometimes. You could totally punish anyone causing trouble on our servers though haha.
I was a bit nervous to fight in front of some many people hehe. I did have some duels eventually, but ended up lagging so I had to leave. I couldn’t join the party of the S/D TaG thief I was fighting to say sorry. I hope someone can pass it on, thanks. :> Still, exciting! Thanks for hosting.

Love, your hero baconcharr.

Also, the 5v5 was soooo crazy to watch! I couldn’t keep up, so much stuff going on. xD

Attachments:

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Royce Melborn.3276

I have to say I didn’t like the 5 vs 5 duels. Probably because it doesn’t really suit my build. Can’t take too much AoE at once
And on our first 5 vs 5 ([NaZ] vs [Jd] our downed players got stumped by NaZ so theirs would rally which I thought was not exactly the way a duel is meant to be but nevermind. We were outmanned so no repair fees.
RoF has some really awesome players. I’m sure you’re gonna rock on your next matches.

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

What? Duels? I really need to start reading these forums every day.

in Match-ups

L Step.8659

Doing some 1v1 duels in FoW bl atm by Woodhaven. Pretty fun but I wish we could get more fow/vabbi :c

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Horopuh.5924

Horopuh.5924

>I have a hint for some Vabbi players. Mesmer clones don’t dodge/roll, ever.
Smart mesmer don’t dodge/roll too. First take gladiator than make noob hints.

in Match-ups

Trick.9370

Had some fun yesterday at the Mill as an D/D elementalist. Sorry for my bad performance, these were my first duels… I dont know the other classes that well so everything thrown at me will probably work In short, learned alot and had fun in the meantime. Thank you for the games RoF!

Xcefior – dd ele

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

Played for about an hour or so and had some thrilling small fights! My heart was beating so fast, I think I’m getting addicted to the rush. D;

/salute

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Trick.9370

We had some fun again at the Mill on Vabbi We could only get 3 from Fow but the duels were great! Thanks WVW guild, you showed me some good play, GG. And thanks again RoF for all the fun!

Xcefior – dd ele

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

Aww, I missed some more duels? :< Glad it was fun though. :>

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

oh crap, i missed that ^^, was hoping i could do one or two duels today if there wasn’t too many people as i had a 3 sec latency yesterday absolutely preventing me from doing anything :/

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

Princess Rhaz wanted fights. He is not amused by lags.

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

oh shush, bacon ;D go hide in a corner like the guard you are. we need none of your virtues, you may proceed to take the door

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Click on X Invader
Click on left top (where you add party members)
Click on invite or join

Tadaa, you’re partied with someone on the enemy server. Been around for months.
Was even exploited for a while against stealth (team up with a non concentrating thief/mesmer, attack him and watch him stealth but still be targetable because you’re party allies).

I’ve been partied before by enemies who wanted to duel or ask me something.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

oh shush, bacon ;D go hide in a corner like the guard you are. we need none of your virtues, you may proceed to take the door

The door or the corner, please make up your mind your highness. :<

Yeah, stayed up late again, shame on me. Found some dueling out by the ole woodhaven though! I got to fight that necromancer legend, I was so on edge for most of it! I was in real trouble at one point, had to kite a bit for my heal to come off cooldown. I’m guessing I was boring to fight though, haha. xD Had fun watching though and I bought fireworks again.

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Royce Melborn.3276

That Necro is one hell of a player indeed. I’m sure he barely felt my backstabs. One hell of a tank.

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in Match-ups

Trick.9370

I’ve been downed by a RoF necro alot, not sure if it was a legend. I fail at my first priority to stay alive… Im still mostly unaware of what the other classes (then elementalist) are capable of. Let alone the different builds you can face in combination with food which makes things rather complicated to counter properly(for me). Never thought that a draw is also an outcome, thought you would win or loose! Maybe I should play PvP more but I like the wvwvw setting alot ^^

Xcefior – dd ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.4360

Chris.4360

To be fair FoW and Vabbi are where they deserve to be seeing as their only tactic is to hide in their little invincible areas and attack at range or just stand there even when they outnumber us, pathetic really and no wonder they are a joke.

(edited by Chris.4360)

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

I thought we were past the name calling by now. Anyway. What do you expect when you push us so hard all the time? Blacktide did the same but rarely attacked us at our spawn like that. I’m assuming you’re talking about the area near Woodhaven.

I agree Roye! (You’re Roye ingame right? haha) He managed to eventually wear you down at the mill I think? I started sweating when he called me out knowing that. I think I managed my cooldowns a bit better knowing he was good, I can get a bit ‘press ALL the buttons’… So I learned something hopefully!

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Chris.4360

No not roye, just someone that was trying to have a fun fight 3 v 7 (we were the 3) and the 7 hid in the invincible spot attacking from range until 4 more arrived and only then decided they had enough to take on 3 people, its just plain cowardly

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

It feels like a lot of our guys are pretty nervous PvPers. Not going to fault them for that, and if any are reading I’m not trying to insult you. Of course, I’m not fighting us so I cant’t say for sure. I suppose it’s the same as running to a tower or camp when loosing. I’m not trying to make excuses for them, just my opinion. It’s just the way you said it was all of FoW and Vabbi. I started out very nervous, still am really. I wouldn’t fight while invincible though as I wouldn’t learn anything.
I did also notice a lot more of our peeps using the area at Woodhaven to fight in, sometimes the large zerg there is scary hehe. Obviously not in the case you just said, but when people get into the habit…

Just how banana am I.

(edited by Hamham.7504)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Revanought Lord.9532

Revanought Lord.9532

It seems that Chris is on the path of starting a flame war, to avoid this please do not start calling names again, we have enough of that from someone on our server who sits in the citadel all day and constantly spews out nonsense and insults into the chat, which sometimes leads to a spam war. So if you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself for the sake of this thread.

I know that RoF is not at full strength and all, but I have had a few good fights against them, most of which ended with me on my own and getting zerged as my support had vanished into thin air

Reaper Of Kane-(Former)Engineer Commander
“Evil flowers steadily bloom, with an array of bloodied doom”

in Match-ups

Chris.4360

It seems, revanought lord, that you are too sensitive, i was just pointing out the bad sportmanship and cowardice of certain players when to be honest if the 7 rushed us we would of had a good fight but they would of won. No names called just disappointment in some really underhand tactics. Or maybe you are trying to start a fight here seeing as you cant do it in wvw

in Match-ups

Hamham.7504

There’s people on all servers that will only fight if they outnumber the enemy. Even RoF. :p And you didn’t say certain players in your post, you said all of us (FoW and Vabbi). That’s the way I read it anyway. I’m not a good, how do you say, ‘forum warrior’. Am I doing it right?

Just how banana am I.

in Match-ups

Trick.9370

As our only tactic is to hide? Maybe the most used tactic because 90% of the time we are outnumbered. Like Ham said, isnt that the same as running back to a camp? Would be fun if you could push us back trough the portal to LA but thats not possible

Xcefior – dd ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jamo.2367

Jamo.2367

It seems, revanought lord, that you are too sensitive, i was just pointing out the bad sportmanship and cowardice of certain players when to be honest if the 7 rushed us we would of had a good fight but they would of won. No names called just disappointment in some really underhand tactics. Or maybe you are trying to start a fight here seeing as you cant do it in wvw

If we’re talking bad sportsmanship, you know you will dominate this week why do you bother upgrading everything, these people turn up every day too get zerged by you guys show a little respect for there dedication because i’m sure if you was in our positions you wouldn’t be in wvw

Ix Jamo – Back on vabbi!
[LNA] Luna Eclipse
[BNA] Banana Eclipse