Tier 2: DB/TC/FA 05/03/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

It must be difficult for some of you DB posters to drag that ego around with you.
Just sayin’

It must be difficult losing.

Are you actually in [RE]? I recommend you compare the people you get GvG’s with versus how much you actually see those in game, and you’ll get your answer as to whether or not most people care.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Score Update but I has no fluffy friend!

Attachments:

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Signet of the Lotus in your build should be replaced by Spectral Walk, just an opinion – Between spectral walk and Locust Swarm it’s 45 seconds of stacked swiftness, and warhorn has a 30 second recharge – pop it again, and then pop Spectral Walk again when it’s cooldown is up, and boom! perma swiftness. More faster than the signet’s 25% too.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Signet of the Lotus in your build should be replaced by Spectral Walk, imo. Between spectral walk and Locust Swarm it’s 45 seconds of swiftness, and warhorn has a 30 second recharge – pop it again, and then pop Spectral Walk again when it’s cooldown is up, and boom! perma swiftness. More faster than the signet’s 25% too.

Thanks for the tip! It’s going to have to wait since I’m out of skill points from making a legendary as in I don’t have spectral unlocked….. I’m terribad

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Signet of the Lotus in your build should be replaced by Spectral Walk, imo. Between spectral walk and Locust Swarm it’s 45 seconds of swiftness, and warhorn has a 30 second recharge – pop it again, and then pop Spectral Walk again when it’s cooldown is up, and boom! perma swiftness. More faster than the signet’s 25% too.

Thanks for the tip! It’s going to have to wait since I’m out of skill points from making a legendary as in I don’t have spectral unlocked….. I’m terribad

Congrats on the legendary! ::emails you some skill pts:: <3

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Bored in class (teacher not student though =D) so I added it up.

Fort Aspenwood:
1st- 8
2nd- 14
3rd- 11

That’s 8 “wins” and 25 “losses” for those keeping track at home. That MOS site has so much interesting information.

I don’t have time to do it for TC and DB but It would be Interesting to see the comparison… although I think FA has the worst stats probably lol.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

The fights have been constantly great and, normally, the forum atmosphere isn’t toxic.

This isn’t toxic. It’s below normal chillin’. Really pleasant this week. Spring is in the air, love is in my… thoughts.

I don’t have time to do it for TC and DB but It would be Interesting to see the comparison… although I think FA has the worst stats probably lol.

The only stat that matters is that, today, DB and FA and TC are in the Tier containing the #4, #5, and #6 servers in our dolyak race.

Even the good baseball players fail to reach first base roughly 3 out of 5 times. It is like a finger, pointing a way to the moon. Don’t tick off the pitcher, or the next song is chin music.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Can we talk about other stuff now that we know all of this? Getting bored.

How about:
Boob plate armor would kill you.
Looks aren’t everything.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

I’m bored. Someone fight us.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

or in Lion’s Arch somewhere. Heck – even Cursed Shore =P

Never heard of them, are they in FABL? Is this a trap?

Signet of the Lotus in your build should be replaced by Spectral Walk, just an opinion – Between spectral walk and Locust Swarm it’s 45 seconds of stacked swiftness, and warhorn has a 30 second recharge – pop it again, and then pop Spectral Walk again when it’s cooldown is up, and boom! perma swiftness. More faster than the signet’s 25% too.

Nah, he’s okay. I’m running the same utilities ( Consume Conditions instead of Well of Blood though), you just need to switch the signet for Spectral walk when it comes to larger fights.

Anyway, so many necromancer. It’s time: NECRO POWER ACTIVATED!

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

Why would you even bother with spectral or signet?

Roll with a couple guards problem solved

Now you can use that slot for something that’s actually useful.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

I’m bored. Someone fight us.

FA Garrison?

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

I mean in the 20v20 style. I could careless about objectives until they fix what ever the heck they did to wvw to make it d/c and lag like this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

All these new dragonbranders suck
Dragon brand only wins because arrow carts
Fort aspenwood does not play to win
Dragon brand is going to implode
Tc is very busy being pirates and can’t wvw ATM :p

Also Dragon brands commander should be shakira because our hips Dont lie

Maybe is just me, but you sound pretty mad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Score Update!!!

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I just wanted an excuse to take quaggan pics.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Fort Aspenwood:
1st- 8
2nd- 14
3rd- 11

That’s 8 “wins” and 25 “losses” for those keeping track at home. That MOS site has so much interesting information.

Love those stats. Part of what makes FA my all time favorite server is our desire to not be in first. We don’t like it. We like having a plethora of confident enemies to fight. We do our best to deter PPT focused guilds from coming over here. We are not a Transfer Coast or Wagonbrand.

I know in BT we have some awesome times every night. There is always a BP, CO, RE, AGG, PiNK, TSL, ESP, DIS, etc on any map to fight and we don’t have to compete with another guild or group to find fights.

Its like our own private fight club.

I’ve said this to TC before and I will say it to DB. We don’t care about the meta game. You (DB) do. When you are happy with your server match up victories, it keeps you in the field fighting and provides us with our entertainment. Its a win win for all of us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I just wanted an excuse to take quaggan pics.

I knew it. TC absent to play with Quaggans since sunday haha. Just kidding, I have enjoyed this match up despite all the talk that has gone in these forums. You TC guys handed me my kitten at Quentin yesterday morning.

I need to practice more for those small group skirmishes, or remember to swap my staff out for it at least lol.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

Yup. No idea why anyone cares to win. It’s not like everyone wins a prize. Ooooo, useless world bonuses! There literally is zero incentive to really give two cents about the outcome. Tier status also means little to nothing. Like Quenta said, we’re looking for fights more than anything. The fact that we occasionally have to break down a door or wall just delays our desire to engage the enemy.

Now if ANet could undo whatever the hell they are thinking as ‘good ideas’ and start making WvWvW more about fun and rivalries.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

WvW is going to be more fun; traps incoming!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

I dunno that I would go so far to say we dislike being first (as long as it isn’t a steamroll), but I would agree that for the most part we don’t actively seek it out. We do get a lot of fairweathers when we are “winning,” but the core WvW’ers are out there win or lose.

I could care less about the stats, but all the “FA is losing” posts got me thinking about how hard pressed you’d be to find a server that has a majority of “wins” (JQ maybe?).

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Ry Abby from [NNK] playing hard to get

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: Archon Trieste.3109

Archon Trieste.3109

So, I just started messing around in wvw this week because of the monthlies and because I noticed that we were steadily winning every week. I had no desire to do anything with wvw before this, hate PVP, ugh!

But oh my God you guys rock! Yesterday i took the day off work so I could play wvw all day and. 12 hours later I had to force myself to log off well after bedtime

I have no idea how the commanders rotate around but I have noticed certain commanders on at certain times. As such, on EB I’d like to give shout outs to Britsu (my fave commander), Actioncat, Mayoken and whoever was leading last night from 9pm to 12ish EST (brain foggy after so much pvp). You guys are what makes this so fun for me. You lead by example and you actually make me want to follow you around and die all the time. Awesome. Keep up the good work!

(edited by Archon Trieste.3109)

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

To me, WvW is what you do when you don’t have anything else to do. The fighting against people in this game is amazing, the best I’ve seen since Subspace (Warbirds’ agility ftw!).

Once you hit 80 and get yourself in exotics/ascended all that’s left that’s fresh is achievements and enjoying the game/system in WvW. Or rolling with an alt...

Incidentally, my necro discovered the joys of Wells in tight quarters combat at Pangloss last night and is just about tweaked out. I got all Dungeon Master up. So, back to more WvW or working on my not so little baby norn mesmer. Who got called a smurf.

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

So, I just started messing around in wvw this week because of the monthlies and because I noticed that we were steadily winning every week. I had no desire to do anything with wvw before this, hate PVP, ugh!

But oh my God you guys rock! Yesterday i took the day off work so I could play wvw all day and. 12 hours later I had to force myself to log off well after bedtime

I have no idea how the commanders rotate around but I have noticed certain commanders on at certain times. As such, on EB I’d like to give shout outs to Britsu (my fave commander), Actioncat, Mayoken and whoever was leading last night from 9pm to 12ish EST (brain foggy after so much pvp). You guys are what makes this so fun for me. You lead by example and you actually make me want to follow you around and die all the time. Awesome. Keep up the good work!

Im glad you are enjoying rolling with our awesome commanders and guilds and we are glad to have you on the battlefield!

Please spread the word to your friends on how awesome the competition is here.

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Fort Aspenwood:
1st- 8
2nd- 14
3rd- 11

Love those stats. Part of what makes FA my all time favorite server is our desire to not be in first. We don’t like it. We like having a plethora of confident enemies to fight. We do our best to deter PPT focused guilds from coming over here. We are not a Transfer Coast or Wagonbrand.

I know in BT we have some awesome times every night. There is always a BP, CO, RE, AGG, PiNK, TSL, ESP, DIS, etc on any map to fight and we don’t have to compete with another guild or group to find fights.

I’ve said this to TC before and I will say it to DB. We don’t care about the meta game. You (DB) do. When you are happy with your server match up victories, it keeps you in the field fighting and provides us with our entertainment. Its a win win for all of us.

You left Fort Aspenwood out of your creative little puns for server names.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Fort Aspenwood:
1st- 8
2nd- 14
3rd- 11

You left Fort Aspenwood out of your creative little puns for server names.

I call it Fart A s spenwood if it makes you feel better

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I just wanted to be the first person to wish you all Merry Christmas this year!

Ho ho ho

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

[VK] is still looking for more gvg fights.

Anyone interested in this type of thing. CERN just offered us a rematch in a couple weeks

rB can’t wait to fight you guys

Same goes for AGG!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

So people really take time to post on here it seems

Simply enjoying the ride in T2! So long as I can still do drunken raid nights….it’s all good!!

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

RE – is looking for a 20v20 | 25v25 GvG this friday!

Let me know if you are interested!

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

who is this 25v25 with?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

FABL tonight was awesome. When we flipped your garri/hills/bay, we made the decision not to siege it up (to avoid the whole turtling thing and maybe actually get some fights). The FA folks who ended up flip/flip/flipping Bay and Garrison must have had the same idea, because they didn’t siege anything up either. Great open field fights, and the first really good night in WvW I’ve had all week.

Every time you FA folks say you’re all about the fight and not the PPT… I’ll be one of your believers, you proved it tonight. Thanks for the fun night, and for not sieging/turtling/hiding in towers/keeps. You guys rock.

This.

I had a TON of fun last night. Some of the best fights I’ve seen in several weeks.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Arrr, matey! I’ll make ye wark thee plank!

in Match-ups

Posted by: warsock.7830

warsock.7830

All these new dragonbranders suck
Dragon brand only wins because arrow carts
Fort aspenwood does not play to win
Dragon brand is going to implode

Also Dragon brands commander should be shakira because our hips Dont lie

Was not meant to sound mad at all

Warsock
Leader of Reckless Bravery [rB] (Dragonbrand)
www.recklessbravery.com

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Was not meant to sound mad at all

I’m sure it’s just someone trying to get you to ride the Troll Trolly. It’s been hard to gas that thing up this week for lack of donations.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

RE – is looking for a 20v20 | 25v25 GvG this friday!

Let me know if you are interested!

No chance you’ll do a 5v5 huh?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

Noooo my hills that was my whole life, now im nothing but a roaming pug trying to kill any TC i see

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

Noooo my hills that was my whole life, now im nothing but a roaming pug trying to kill any TC i see

Noooooooooooooooo!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Did TC take DBBL or TCBL hills?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ethose.5694

Ethose.5694

Not online but EA was holding TC hills all week. So that’s what it is.

Edit: Not that other guilds were not helping hold the hills… Please don’t get offended..

Ethose (EA)
Born and Raised on Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Score and Map Update from Hills! I missed my Hills.

Attachments:

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

That is a beautiful looking map setup right there. Very rare to see the BLs all look like that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

That is a beautiful looking map setup right there. Very rare to see the BLs all look like that.

Arrow carts anybody? Pretty much the single worst change to WvWvW

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

That can’t be right. FA normally is ticking at like +90 at this time of day. Did DB take a break today?

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

They’re annoying to be sure. I can almost deal with the damage to troops. It’s the damage to siege that is unconscionable.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

They’re annoying to be sure. I can almost deal with the damage to troops. It’s the damage to siege that is unconscionable.

More or less agree.

I feel the damage to players is fine, although that’s obviously debatable. But the damage arrow carts do to siege is way too much.

As for people complaining that you can’t take Hills because of the arrow cart buff, that’s a Hills map design problem, not an arrow cart problem imo.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Score and Map Update from Hills! I missed my Hills.

… where are your pants?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

+1. Although, nerfing the damage to personnel would be great too. As it stands, the encouragement to turtle and not fight is way too high and has been making the bulk of my forays into WvW not fun and even downright boring.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

+1. Although, nerfing the damage to personnel would be great too. As it stands, the encouragement to turtle and not fight is way too high and has been making the bulk of my forays into WvW not fun and even downright boring.

Though that run with you guys last night was FAR from boring. :-D I’m gonna be keeping an eye on your mumble channel from now on so I can join you in your stealth (non-cmdr) zergs. :P

That is…assuming you guys don’t mind.