Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Teo Lastword.7983

Teo Lastword.7983

And about numbers now. I counted 42 iron in TS. We got people guarding, supply capping and scouting. And we where running with 2 groups.
But what do you expect? ZD OPT and RG after IRON… Hmmz let split up?

Mate, i really don’t get it. Imo blobbing – its the last opportunity to beat enemies. Do you enjoy laggs and skills delays? We are not, and its the reason why we (ZDs) are splited up.

Btw we got +86 kills (to WVW kill count) just during one fight against your zerg near the Garrison. These figures amaze…

Best wishes,
and cya on the battlefield.

in Match-ups

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

Absolutely awesome fights against ZD’s and RG just now at deso border. Some skillful playing there and tough moments. You wiped a lot – as did we. So fun.

You lost hills to vs only to defend bay from us and not wondering why. Quality fights over few points, that’s the spirit!

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Mate, i really don’t get it. Imo blobbing – its the last opportunity to beat enemies.

You said you where running with 28 people. We had then 42 in TS – supply team, guards and people afk. When is something a blob? and when is something a team?

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSTim.8094

GSTim.8094

SFR plays for fun and not for points? That was never a secret. =)
Personally, I don’t understand all this ranking fever. It’s all about 24/7 coverage and not about your strength. Guilds transferring here and there all the time. Today your server is No1 but tomorrow its No11. If I transfer to VS can I really be proud that I’m No1 or something?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Black Ice Spain.9753

Black Ice Spain.9753

SFR plays for fun and not for points? That was never a secret. =)
Personally, I don’t understand all this ranking fever. It’s all about 24/7 coverage and not about your strength. Guilds transferring here and there all the time. Today your server is No1 but tomorrow its No11. If I transfer to VS can I really be proud that I’m No1 or something?

winning is fun.

Winning fights it’s good, but winning fights & wars is better.

Black Ice Spain – Desolation
Just a remind, whatever i post is my opinion, not representing any community i’m part of.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GSTim.8094

GSTim.8094

That’s the difference between us. Most of us (rus guilds) think that winning fight is the one and only fun in this game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

This lag (at least on Deso bl) makes it really unplayable during last 0.5-1 hr >_>

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Lagged everywhere. Need to start spam heal 30 sec earlier.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

just throwing this out there. have no problems when fighting RG, ZD’s or any other guild. the fights are good and tough and I enjoy it every time. But when MoS comes all of a sudden there’s insane lag. 10-20 second skill lag. fps drops to 6 (SIX!). You can’t hardly move at all. This ONLY ever happens when facing MoS. How is that?
Talked to a friend in RG and they have the exact same problem, with MoS that is.

It’s strange to say the least…

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

This is just no fun to play vs. 70 – 90 Desolation guys at every turn insane skill delay. what happened to guilds running alone for the glorious kills. Isit still a win at all costs attitude lets have some good fights not this mass blobbing you cant fire off anything it just becomes more about who can hit 1 on the skill bar hardest. I would say good fights but its really not i think GvG at the moment is the only enjoyment you can get and skillfull play where you can actually use all of your abilities without any hassle. Ive seen some shocking things in pvp games but how can people play like this.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

If Desolation have ever had 70-90 people all in one blob at any one point I will eat my hat.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

This is just no fun to play vs. 70 – 90 Desolation guys at every turn insane skill delay. what happened to guilds running alone for the glorious kills. Isit still a win at all costs attitude lets have some good fights not this mass blobbing you cant fire off anything it just becomes more about who can hit 1 on the skill bar hardest. I would say good fights but its really not i think GvG at the moment is the only enjoyment you can get and skillfull play where you can actually use all of your abilities without any hassle. Ive seen some shocking things in pvp games but how can people play like this.

we’ve had nowhere near 70-90 people in our zerg tonight. we haven’t even had those numbers online so I guess it wasn’t our zerg you were talking about.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Thanks for jumping back out of woodhaven RNV

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Soira.7419

Soira.7419

Muhahahah…. Iron talking about blobs? Really?
Desolation border…Evening 06.03.2013
The whole Deso map runing as one HUGE blob (insane skill lags included).
First raid of ZDs (28 ppl) had fun with you, and ZDs second raid (25 ppl) just fighting at Hills vs Vz and took objectives.
And yes, video will be soon!

PS. Please, Iron, don’t talk about Sfr or Vz blobbing anymore!
PPS. If you are so strong openfield combatants, let’s make a GvG. Equal numbers in both teams will reveal the truth! / No offence

I expected less animosity , from a member of one of the top guilds in the world.

- nowhere was claimed that we are “so strong open field combatants” or that we owned or whatever your imagination came up with.
-nowhere did we claim that ZDs had equal numbers with us, on the fights you re talking about
- we were not 86 people , you re making things up
-The “no offense” part of your post is hypocritical. That is exactly what you intended, to offend.

There are a lot of great things to learn from a guild like Za Drots ,their coordination ,their skill , movement on the battlefield etch.
By the looks of it attitude is not one of them.

(edited by Soira.7419)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nightshade.2980

Nightshade.2980

This topic…its just pages upon pages of repeated inane comments, mostly from desolation players. Can we just drop this whole vizunah don’t fight crap? It’s got really dull.
Anyways not much to report from this week except, RG, sIN, WL and ZDs hitting like trucks…does leave a slight sour taste when your immobolized/crippled and can’t escape because of skill lag…hey ho what you gunna do about it? “hint” Anet i hope your reading this, fix the bloody lag already, culling was already bad enough!

Gate Keeper’s of Desolation [GoD]

The Nightsbane – Necromancer lvl80

in Match-ups

Offski.4897

And about numbers now. I counted 42 iron in TS. We got people guarding, supply capping and scouting. And we where running with 2 groups.
But what do you expect? ZD OPT and RG after IRON… Hmmz let split up?

Mate, i really don’t get it. Imo blobbing – its the last opportunity to beat enemies. Do you enjoy laggs and skills delays? We are not, and its the reason why we (ZDs) are splited up.

Btw we got +86 kills (to WVW kill count) just during one fight against your zerg near the Garrison. These figures amaze…

Best wishes,
and cya on the battlefield.

Shame before these comments had total repsect for ZD’s, we don’t complain when you guys outnumber us in your prime time. Are you so unhappy about wiping a few times tonight that you start moaning about numbers?

You have to remember we are trying to cover a whole border with no other large guilds on it. You guys had 3 major wvw guilds fighting us tonight, RG, ZD and OPT. We had the only commander on the map so I imagine some random friendlies do run with us, sorry if you thought that was abit unfair.

As for our numbers, for once there was a huge queue on deso , plenty were stuck in it etc etc etc. Do you guys complain when you outman FG, EXO, GOD or other deso guilds, nah ofcourse you don’t.

Anyway whatever makes you feel better.

As for GvG we are setting up a team atm so hopefully we will be doing more of these soon.

Offski

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raniri.6178

Raniri.6178

Hey all,

thnx for the awesome fights in VS garrison over 2 hours
I had to empty my inventory three times

… very gj of everyone !!!
a big thank you goes to BOON,OSC and NoE for the nice teamwork.

… and Katie, i have a cigarette for you

[ECL] Seafarers Rest | 137 K Kills | Rank 470
http://www.eclipse-gilde.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Katiechops.6807

Katiechops.6807

A “Good Game” to everyone in VS BL tonight at the Fortified Garrison just brutal, took 3 hours to work our way into it and must have been a 30 min three way boss room fight, truely epic.

Quickly followed by the most amazing epic fail as all of SFR took a well earned break to come back and find VS had pretty much pvdoored it, killed all the afkers and took it back in 5 mins flat! so gg VS totally mugged us, lol fun times.

www.booncontrol.com

(edited by Katiechops.6807)

in Match-ups

Katiechops.6807

oh snap! lol,, omg 15chars!

www.booncontrol.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Charmide.4891

Charmide.4891

That garrison… It was just.. o_o

Congratz to everyone ! Some epic fights tonight.

(But, to stay on course: I wouldn’t know anything about it, I’m VS, I just stay in my forts and hide. That’s how I get points.)

Commander@Insert Coinz [CPC] – Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Shout out for a 1vs1 against the thief of expandable hord (or something like that) from desolation that killed a warrior (me) in a 8vs2 fight right outside the deso keep on EB.

You jumped on my grave in a 8vs2 while I didn’t jump on yours when I killed you 1vs1 and I didn’t even drop below 27k health… This is a last chance to restore your honour.

ps.: come on everyone saying thiefs are OP and warriors are crap, should be easy win for you no?

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snapple.9251

Snapple.9251

ps.: come on everyone saying thiefs are OP and warriors are crap, should be easy win for you no?

Theifs are in no way OP… they are however completely annoying.

[IRON] – SoR
Snappless / Osii

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

A friend pointed out to me that even when guilds usually prefer to run as just them, with maybe a puggy or 2, other guilds tend to stick to them because “OMGWEKILLEDRG”
I’ve seen more guilds run solo, it just doesn’t really seem to happen on the ZDs or RG borders.

in Match-ups

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

I’m really wondering why the thread hasn’t been closed yet with all these kittens flying around.
I was running with IRON on deso border today and had fun except for the massive lag. I played for about 4 hours and we were not near 80 people at all. To be honest I’m not even sure if I’ve ever run in a group of 80 people. And, as most already know, wvw is wvw, not GvG. If a commander has a tag on, pugs will gather to it like moths to a flame.
Despite all the lag, culling and loss in points, this has been a refreshing week so far, props to all for that.

All Sacrx has been saying is that u run mixed in a blob you are not a guild you are just a random in a blob.No guild claims should be made whatsoever since no guild has any merits when fighting in a blob vs only one 25 man guild.

All the rest is wvw.use server name not guild name if you need to blob up to do anything against a single guild

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

60 ppl is not a blob?Nvm thx for the info.

Unlike to RG we care about community here in Desolation. I tell you even more. We never tell pug to gtfo, leave BL, WvW. We do know that saCRYx is capable of doing such things. If pug follow our commanders we are more than happy, becasue we wan to encourage them for playing WvW more often.

[IRON]

in Match-ups

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Unlike to RG we care about community here in Desolation. I tell you even more. We never tell pug to gtfo, leave BL, WvW. We do know that saCRYx is capable of doing such things. If pug follow our commanders we are more than happy, becasue we wan to encourage them for playing WvW more often.

That is smart and no one said anything about it,the only thing that is of concern is that there is not much glory for a whole server to kill only one heavily 3to1 or more outnumbered guild ESPECIALLY when the only skill that anyone can use is NR1 ,that’s all.If your server kills any guild well that’s life,but guilds claiming kills and boosting their ego is pretty lame since in a scenario like this it’s all about the server PUG.Want your guild to be recognized?Well get ur kitten out of the PUG and act as a guild,don’t kill as a pug and brag for the guild because no one is getting fooled

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

It’s not even about the community its about getting better fights on the go. Anybody can zerg a smaller force down its easy. what happened to the good fights good guilds fighting each other. Its more to do with todays current PVPer way of thinking. Not working on being good as a team. Just blob everyone for the easy win. I dont really understand the thinking behind it. I can understand why people do it, it’s just not for me.

I mean none of our players could even land a hammer stun or any utilities. It’s not even your fault either i dont really blame IRON or the pugs with them. Its more to do with Anets fail engine when you literally cant use anything other than 1 and hope for the best.

(edited by Cyril.1486)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

This thread is quite salty. But I think all the salt should be offered to developers, since they’re the ones that can actually make something about the ridiculous skill lag… I hope.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

Don’t mistake few RG members running with a SFR blob to be the whole guild. I’m not sure if that’s entirely the case here, but it’s a possibility.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: abaddon.4768

abaddon.4768

obvious to understand and see players/guilds/servers have different playstyles and that they have/can change in this game or previous/future games, can we deal with it, move on and selectively enjoy those parts of wvw that make it fun.

some insane action this week from what i have been able to attend.

shouts to BULL from wednesday night (insane numbers and bomb, as you did when you were known as KAZ) and to VIZ (your openfield play has definately improved, gj).

in Match-ups

satkis.7021

Hahaha.. I actually guessed there might be some talk like this afterwards.. Due to the fact that we wiped you more often than you would have imagined. But yea ZD was way harder to fight last night maybe because of skill lag or whatever. It was horrible from the beginning to the end.
We were no more than 35 of us. You are just having hard time admitting that even with massive skill lag we were actually good. Clearly better than you thought

Only a WvW player

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

Hi guys.
We really split up our force in 2 raids, 28-30 1st raid (who fights vs Deso) and 23-26 2nd raid, who protect hills, grabbing camps and assault vs tower.
Why we dicide to do this?
Coz when we gather all our ppl together, they instantly become invisible to me and i cant even count em, due to culling issue.
And when we charge in fights(with our full zerg), skill lag was really high and i cant say bout skill, movement or some triks, coz all i can command was “PRESS ONE ONE ONE TO THE DEATH AND FOR THE WIN”
After we splitting, culling become less, but skill lag still same. I really dunno why, but i think coz we fights against whole Deso border in same time in same place? Think u guys got same issues as us.

anyway, i want say thank u all Deso guys who bring fights we love, no matter who outmen or outplay it always fun and enjoyble.

soz for bad english, hope u understand me correctly

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Match-ups

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

I love the RG crying too fun. You want good fights in open field ? We won’t give you any till you are bored from t1, you played the troll/insult game so this is all you deserve.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ultranawak.7183

ultranawak.7183

Sadly about the garnison’s fight, so much lag even the TP didn’t work but good prime anyway.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

you guys dont really like posting score updates do you? matchup is pretty much like NA tier 1. close fight.

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

Offski.4897

They dont necessarily have the organisation to compete and so die alot, but in the past couple of weeks they never stop coming out to fight.

Think how demoralizing it must be getting wiped time and again, yet they get back up again and rinse repeat. so fair game to Viz.

I just remember the IRON vs WL GvG streaming….and how, you guys, have been perfectly defeated (8-2, right ? :p). So, please don’t speak about your “epic open- field skillz”, you’re just ridiculous.

Regards.

PS: and it’s not necessary to taunt me about my own guild. We don’t play in the same category. (only 3 day/week for us)

Haha I was actually trying to defend Viz against the Sfr bashing, saying you guys were determined and recently always come out to fight even if getting wiped because you are a group of small guilds and random players. Probably came out wrong.

GvG is totally different from open wvw and WL taught us a lesson that you cannot just turn up to it with an unorganised team and win (was only our second GvG). I said congrats to them at the time and appreciate the valuable lessons they taught us.

Offski

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

The culling of late has been up and down, I’m guessing a new test was introduced without letting us know by Anet.

The lag that we have recently seen has been disastrous, even with a few people fighting the amount of lag experienced has made using any utis or organizing well formed pushes/etc… been made all but impossible.

With the lag what it comes down to essentially is who has the more people that can spam buttons, it has nothing to do with tactics or organization but simply who gets the most damage out, mitigation is somewhat negated due to the lag and uti’s not going which again makes things far harder for guilds who try to run on their own taking on larger numbers.

Blaming other players for this however is not the way to fix it

P.S Katiechops is a noob pigeon who smells a bit funny and talks really weird! :P

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Katiechops.6807

Get on TS some time, I miss your empathy.

But yeah I tyhink a lot of guilds have had a hard time dealing with culling a bit but the skill lag is just tormenting organisised groups trying to work together. Just have to plod on and hope for better days soon 0/

www.booncontrol.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Get on TS some time, I miss your empathy.

But yeah I tyhink a lot of guilds have had a hard time dealing with culling a bit but the skill lag is just tormenting organisised groups trying to work together. Just have to plod on and hope for better days soon 0/

We were having a 3way in Stonemist last night and to activate one utility it took me almost 13 seconds. My “empathy” and ability to express ones emotion was at an all time high right then!

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in Match-ups

satkis.7021

They must have definitely done something to the servers. Absolutely horrible skill lag. Yesterday I was roaming and killing dollys for the daily with my lowlvl thief and I didn’t need to be on TS to know when somewhere around the map was big fight going on. Skill lag reaches you no matter if you are running alone completely elsewhere without even mobs in your sight.

Wakey wakey anet, buy better servers

Only a WvW player

in Match-ups

Posted by: Teo Lastword.7983

Teo Lastword.7983

I expected less animosity , from a member of one of the top guilds in the world.

- nowhere was claimed that we are “so strong open field combatants” or that we owned or whatever your imagination came up with.
-nowhere did we claim that ZDs had equal numbers with us, on the fights you re talking about
- we were not 86 people , you re making things up
-The “no offense” part of your post is hypocritical. That is exactly what you intended, to offend.

There are a lot of great things to learn from a guild like Za Drots ,their coordination ,their skill , movement on the battlefield etch.
By the looks of it attitude is not one of them.

I do not understand why my post looks so negative for you. sad
My point was – do not blame other servers for blobbing, if even your
own server do the same blobbing time to time.
I’ll repeat (hope googletranslate helps): Absolutely all servers
sometimes use huge blobs. And Vizu, and Sfr, and even Deso.
I respect IRON guild (very skillful and organized – no doubts) who well known as major (main) WvW force of Desolation server.
But i don’t respect individuals who using “double standards” (hope it
translated correctly) – that’s my point.

And i don’t understand why my words about GvG looks so offensive for
you. Two best guilds (its just imo) of Desolation – The Iron Triangle
[IRON] and Golden Horde [GH]. We identifies those guilds among others,
and want to fight them. (GvG is perfectly fit – no skills lag, equal numbers, no sieges and so on)

PS. If my words were offensive to you, I sincerely apologize. I ask to be lenient, because my English is pretty bad.
—-
Teo Draculesti [ZDs]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

Well this went sour fast again, nice fights so far this week on Desolation border though, ZD’s really are amazing, best guild we in IRON have had to pleasure of facing.

@ Sacrx and RG – Yes we outnumbered you last night, but it really wasn’t by that much however you might want to call it a blob.

We didn’t have ‘everyone’ in the zone on us, we didn’t even have everyone in our guild on the border on us. We will never ask pugs to leave when running with a commander icon on because we believe that is outright rude and damaging to the community as a whole, and last night we had an icon on.

We have no lag fighting you at all, and watching your stream back your ele seemed to have no lag, weird how some of you had massive lag really. We only have lag fighting MoS no matter if there is 10 of them or 40.

IRON, as stated above in this thread, has been on Desolation since the game began, we’re not server hoppers as all so please don’t start that rumor for us, we are actually kinda proud of this fact.

Anyway, here’s to the rest of this matchup – and to next week’s since it looks like we’ll still be up. Keep up the awesome work Desolation, love you all

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

(edited by Wrex.6798)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I have lag fighting:
RG
ZDs
Vcy
BOON
Opt
assorted pugs.
Haven’t seen MOS yet, but I’m sure I’d lag against them too.

I’ve also had lag:
- running from base to bluevale while fighting is happening in Bay
- standing around looking pretty while there’s fighting going on “somewhere”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bondurant.1540

Bondurant.1540

you guys dont really like posting score updates do you? matchup is pretty much like NA tier 1. close fight.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.3412

Shifty.3412

I have lag when standing next to Genev.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Rabble, rabble.

Are there any good solo players / duelers on Deso who would like some fun fights?

Haven’t had any good duels since I fought Itkoviana (and Drakeco) and now I roam with him instead.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heru.5427

Heru.5427

I’ve seen your GvG action – i know you guys are good at it.
But in openfield action – not as good, not bad either

There is no difference in how we run or for that matter perform in openfield action compared to GvG, except that GvG is always equal numbers, both teams are aware of each other (although we rarely get surprised by anyone because there is usually a noticeable drop in performance when large numbers of enemies are nearby) and everyone I’ve done so far have been way less laggy.

That said the recent week has been absolutely horrible in terms of skill delay/lag. It also seems to be serverwide, especially when large fights are happening. My guess would be that the server is choking because it suddenly has to send 120^2 pieces of information instead of 2*60^2. Why this is happening now more than before(apparently) I have no idea.
I’m not a network engineer though, so I’m just guessing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snapple.9251

Snapple.9251

I’m going to put these 10 pages into a novel and sell it on Amazon.

[IRON] – SoR
Snappless / Osii

in Match-ups

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Rabble, rabble.

Are there any good solo players / duelers on Deso who would like some fun fights?

Haven’t had any good duels since I fought Itkoviana (and Drakeco) and now I roam with him instead.

Pm me too for that please, only fought some Bull guys that were decent.

(edited by BlackDevil.9268)

in Match-ups

Posted by: rebelnomad.4502

rebelnomad.4502

I have lag when standing next to Genev.

Winner of this thread… lol

Apocalyptic Awakening [SOUL]