Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

I have been reading these forums but don’t normally post. However, last night really made me dispirited about WvW. The skill lag made playing impossible…..zerg comes your way and there’s nothing you can do. Tactics don’t mean a thing if you can’t use any abilities. I was in the middle of a group fighting against the heart of the zerg and could use autoattack…that’s it.

In the current game zergs are fact and are going to happen but if you cant use any abilities when they come your way what’s the point?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

I have been reading these forums but don’t normally post. However, last night really made me dispirited about WvW. The skill lag made playing impossible…..zerg comes your way and there’s nothing you can do. Tactics don’t mean a thing if you can’t use any abilities. I was in the middle of a group in the heart of the zerg and could use autoattack…that’s it.

In the current game zergs are fact and are going to happen but if you cant use any abilities when they come your way what’s the point?

Well, best thing to do would be to check a lower pop server, at the current state of affairs, it’s starting to look tempting to get away from the people here contributing to the zergs only because they came here hoping to get carried along with it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaowi.7098

Zaowi.7098

its funny cause even after free transfers to srf, its still classed as a medium pop server =D

Where do boon move too ?

Zaowii
[IRON]
Sanctum Of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

I guess we should all transfer to Vabbi and Fissure of Woe and GvG each other, and let the ppl in t1 bloblag themselves until they realize how boring it really is. The problem is so few ppl like to GvG lol @ 1 GvG in 6 weeks of the supposedly most competitive tier. I am having more fun in sPvP than in WvW atm with the bloblagfest it is turning into and that’s saying something because I never liked sPvP all that much in this game.

The blobbing is part small maps, part player mentality (notice I am saying blobbing not zerging, zerg=100 PuGs, blob = 100 ppl from multiple or one guild running on one spot, spearheading all the PuGs in the zone as well) because everytime someone (sometimes including us) loses it was supposedly due to having inferior numbers, never due to being outplayed.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

its funny cause even after free transfers to srf, its still classed as a medium pop server =D

Where do boon move too ?

Are you kidding me?

The PvE events are so bad here even the shadow behemoth causes overflows within a minute of preevents.

in Match-ups

Posted by: REAL.7483

REAL.7483

Strike the enemy where they feel most safe about, bye bye t3 VS garrison =]

Dolyaks in Disguise [DD] ~ Seafarer’s Rest Server

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fanfaron.6109

Fanfaron.6109

[ZDs] Fanfaron, fieldcommander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

Imho all the guild leaders of guilds that like wvw but dont want blobing could have a meeting and maybe we can all distribute in a lower tier so we can actually have proper WvW AND good GvG’s whenever we want.

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

in Match-ups

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

I have been reading these forums but don’t normally post. However, last night really made me dispirited about WvW. The skill lag made playing impossible…..zerg comes your way and there’s nothing you can do. Tactics don’t mean a thing if you can’t use any abilities. I was in the middle of a group in the heart of the zerg and could use autoattack…that’s it.

Well, best thing to do would be to check a lower pop server, at the current state of affairs, it’s starting to look tempting to get away from the people here contributing to the zergs only because they came here hoping to get carried along with it.

I was on Deso lol – I meant defending against the zerg is pointless….and I mean for both sides when used. Its become a self defeating tactic and its killing the game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

The big issue is that the game offers no reason NOT to be in a blob, at this moment.
You can be anywhere on a BL in 2 mins with perma swiftness , and get kittenloads of WEXP.

It’s a ripple effect. One servers blobs up and facerolls the map > the second server NEEDS to blob up to stop the first server > 3rd server is like: OMG U GUISE STAHP. NO? OK LOL WE BLOB TOO:D

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Blobbing is part of the game and will not change, even if Arenanet implement a few changes to the game such as wXP limited to the first 10 people who “tag” an objective to increasing the limit on AOE damage, people will still blob up – especially when they are about to lose something such as a keep and asking them not to blob up is essentially like asking them not to play the game – It wont happen.

While some guilds feel the need to attack the “blob” and basically bash their head on a wall covered in spikes/glass/whatever else that hurts you could be using this very essential amount of effort in discussing the lag situation and attempting to explain to Arenanet why it is imperative that it is fixed sooner rather than later.

Running without a commander tag with 30-35 people on me and hitting a zerg of 100+ players is great fun, wiping that zerg is even more fun but the problem within this is the fact the fight reduces itself quite quickly into spam autoattack and hope to the server gods that you are able to get a utility off or spam your heal 30s before you need it… That is not how this should be, the game should allow for these fights to go ahead and for the 30-35 men to be able to play at their full ability and wipe the floor with the 100 man zergs. While we have already managed to do this it is extremely difficult especially with skill lag involved without lag it would remove a huge advantage for the zerg and give those of us wanting to run around in smaller groups the ability to counter it.

tl;dr
Stop kittening about the blob and start talking about the lag and how important it is to fix so we remove a handicap from ourselves and remove a huge advantage of the blob.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Aneu.1748

good fights all round and I got kitten somewhere of votf essentially fighting ALL of vizunah on the map

This fight lasted ages but the viz’s died in the end

Aneu | [VoTF]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Anet already stated they can’t fix the skill lag. So yeah, better kitten on blobs than asking Anet to do something since they won’t.

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

They did? Link pls

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Katiechops.6807

Katiechops.6807

Where do boon move too ?

We have not decided, we already ruled out Piken Square as we would get similar issues there from what we heard from old friends still playing there so just going to look over all the International servers the Tier doesn’t bother us much.

We have fought in every Tier now with Piken going from T8 all the way through to t2 the first 4 months then SFR from T2 to T1 the past couple of months and tbh you can have as much infact more fun in WvW in lower tiers, no queuing, can make fast guild raids and less blobing so less skill lag, its still there but a few times here and there in T1 its there almost every keep fight these days.

So yeah will take a week or two and pick a new home and give guild time to gather up gold etc. With our journey since release we kind of seen it all done it all and got to fight pretty much everyone there is to fight, so time to find a nice quiet server as a retirement home :P

www.booncontrol.com

in Match-ups

Aneu.1748

Anet already stated they can’t fix the skill lag. So yeah, better kitten on blobs than asking Anet to do something since they won’t.

Do you have a source for that quote?

Aneu | [VoTF]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

skill lag comes from blobbing if i’m not mistaken. The other thing is the game crashes when a huge blob appears. From what i have heard from ppl in lower tiers this doesn’t happen to them. You have guilds capable of putting up good numbers but you blob anyway (i’m talking in general).

RP enthusiast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

I played eve online during the lag years, so I am very tolerant of lag and can happily switch to a different ‘mode’ of gameplay, still excruciatingly annoying however as WvW just doesn’t work when slowed down. CCP solved the issue by throwing money at hardware, but I get the feeling a lot, lot more is actually happening during the 3way zerg fests at all our keeps than in any eve online fight. I’m thinking all kinds of issues that throwing hardware at might not be able to presently solve. The current situation is vastly better however than the culling which made the game unplayable, for me at least, hence a long break.

Right now, the only solution is a redesign of WvW; more maps with lower pop limits, but that is akin to amputation.

Still, Deso is frequently [Outmanned] on 2 or more maps, the lesser of 3 evils.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in Match-ups

Sird.4536

The reason your outmanned on 2 or more maps is because you go around in one huge zone force map swapping. If you split you would have people on those map. We also get outmanned buffs but we dont collect everyone thats in WvW and map swap with one huge force.

RP enthusiast

in Match-ups

Sird.4536

The reason your outmanned on 2 or more maps is because you go around in one huge zone force map swapping. If you split you would have people on those map. We also get outmanned buffs but we dont collect everyone thats in WvW and map swap with one huge force.

u have 200 guilds on your server, we don’t have the luxury, Most of our server is PUGS who don’t know what to do, so they stick to the commander and often there are only IRON commanders online for 18/24 hours as the rest of the guilds only run primetime events.

We however are more tolerant to the PUGS and willing to teach them slowly rather than outright rejecting them and whining about them :P.

We teach our pugs if they want to learn, problem is the ones that come from the free transfers have no interest in doing so. Guilds us public TS but its only the guild members in the channel no one else even tries to log in and listen. And if you let the pugs follow you to ‘teach’ them then they will never leave and keep following.

RP enthusiast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

But you don’t let pugs teach you guys stuff, making your commanders arrogant. If I say :" We should attack that spot " The response is :" kitten up magnetron "

And in the end it was a nice idea.. PUGS are not bad players when they don’t want to join IRON. We like to help, but don’t like TS.. respect that

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Kraken.7514

The current situation is vastly better however than the culling which made the game unplayable

Tbh im not so sure.

I think I prefer not seeing everyone than to barely be able to spam 1.

Both situations are quite game-breaking.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

lol, unbelievable

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

But you don’t let pugs teach you guys stuff, making your commanders arrogant. If I say :" We should attack that spot " The response is :" kitten up magnetron "

And in the end it was a nice idea.. PUGS are not bad players when they don’t want to join IRON. We like to help, but don’t like TS.. respect that

that’s because you’re one of the biggest trolls on our server, magnetron

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

salluks
“u have 200 guilds on your server, we don’t have the luxury, Most of our server is PUGS who don’t know what to do, so they stick to the commander and often there are only IRON commanders online for 18/24 hours as the rest of the guilds only run primetime events.

We however are more tolerant to the PUGS and willing to teach them slowly rather than outright rejecting them and whining about them :P."

And there’s the drawback of having one humongus guild on a server. We have 200 Guilds because we value guild identity over armysize. Most our guilds have numbers around 40-50 people, with the average raid consisting of 15-25.

Sif Urkraft

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

lol, unbelievable

Don’t pretend like it’s not true just the other day we rushed deso hills on some map with 25 RG + some randoms we picked up on the way w/o commander and 70-90 guys ported in and rushed from behind to stop us.

I will call this the IRON wall and it’s happening for quite some time, just max out defense/offense zoneswapping genereally between 24-01.

And yeah obviously we group up with other guilds to attack such objectives if that’s what we can expect coming. (Because it has become quite obvious after 2 weeks).

I guess that Deso just lack numbers of good commanders, which kind of forces them into this. I think it’s the same for most servers with that now with a lot of commanders leaving Viz apparently.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in Match-ups

Wolbryne.4037

we have a 5 min queue on one bl and no queue on anything else. we’d still be outmanned if we split up since you have big queue’s on every bl

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON

in Match-ups

Sird.4536

If they don’t want to join TS then fine, but they have no right saying ‘omg we died its your fault’ when all guild members are still alive because we can hear our commander telling us where to be etc. There are the pugs that scout, kill dollys, contest wp etc and we always say ty or gj. Reset night this week we had 6 VcY on Deso BL with about 10-12 pugs (outmanned) against BuLL and we pushed them back multiple times. Only time we had trouble was when VoTF wouldn’t let us fight them evenly. Pugs are important but not the arrogant type that are quick to flame, which is who i am addressing.

RP enthusiast

in Match-ups

Cottage Pie.6215

The current situation is vastly better however than the culling which made the game unplayable

Tbh im not so sure.

I think I prefer not seeing everyone than to barely be able to spam 1.

Both situations are quite game-breaking.

Yeah personal preference I guess, neither situation had/has a future the way it’s going. It seems people either hated not being able to see anyone, or being able to see people and do nothing, or both As i say i’m the kind of masochist that played eve online during the lag years so I just zone out when the lag hits _ and spam 1 ofc.

in Match-ups

Posted by: rebelnomad.4502

rebelnomad.4502

Today, Deso and Viz teamed the whole day on EB againts SFR. took Klovan, Deso took WC, viz took golanta, deso took rogue, viz took jerrifer, deso attempted a few times to take aldon and failed. It has been for hours, deso is trying to take sfr keep, while viz is either on the sfr spawn area hunting for sfr or sandwiching sfr with deso. Even some serious occasions viz and deso managed not to kill eachother.

Nevermind that both deso and viz have huge blobs and bunch of sfr, still failing to take the sfr keep.

This remainded me of how did viz and elona teamed up against deso…

Lets not talk about how sneaky, how low this 2v1 against sfr, but lets talk about how prideful, honorable, one of a kind, saint deso is.

Attachments:

Apocalyptic Awakening [SOUL]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Calling people a troll because they don’t join blob right.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mona.4576

Mona.4576

I really thought with the removal of culling guilds would start doing their own thing more, but the complete reverse happened.

And I hope people are not using wxp as a reason for this, with over 1000 levels and nothing great coming from it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

Did that just happen? A player from the winning server complains that 2nd and 3rd server are teaming up a bit? In a 1v1v1 fight? Unbelievable, you just don’t get this game at all do you

xoxo!

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in Match-ups

Pryda.8257

We could actually play the game 6 months ago, with culling yes but that was a lot better than version 2 of culling and this annoying lag since last patch.

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Aneu.1748

We could actually play the game 6 months ago, with culling yes but that was a lot better than version 2 of culling and this annoying lag since last patch.

That source for your quote?

Aneu | [VoTF]

in Match-ups

Cottage Pie.6215

It’s not like before culling removal there was no skill lag, it’s just one side typically got wiped before anyone noticed the lag (or the attacking players) :P

We’re essentially playing a different game post 26/3.

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

lol, unbelievable

Don’t pretend like it’s not true just the other day we rushed deso hills on some map with 25 RG + some randoms we picked up on the way w/o commander and 70-90 guys ported in and rushed from behind to stop us.

I will call this the IRON wall and it’s happening for quite some time, just max out defense/offense zoneswapping genereally between 24-01.

And yeah obviously we group up with other guilds to attack such objectives if that’s what we can expect coming. (Because it has become quite obvious after 2 weeks).

I guess that Deso just lack numbers of good commanders, which kind of forces them into this. I think it’s the same for most servers with that now with a lot of commanders leaving Viz apparently.

Ive been in groups of 20 -30 and we’ve been rushed by 70+ SFR, I dont burst into tears over it like you’s lot, but you lot go on as though you win with skill and tactics (lol).

You win cause you have more people to cover the 24 hrs a day.

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkened.4076

Darkened.4076

I am also interested to see the source as well.

Béatrix Windrunner | Squad Leader
Desolation BlackGate Gandara | Veteran Commander
Inner Sanctum [Coin]

in Match-ups

Pryda.8257

No source sorry. If you wanna wait as much as we waited for the culling fix, feel free to blob.

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Wolbryne.4037

Calling people a troll because they don’t join blob right.

no, I’m calling the people trolls who kitten es and moans non stop about how everything they think is the only viable option and when told no they throw a 15 min hissy fit in map chat…

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON

in Match-ups

Wolbryne.4037

No source sorry. If you wanna wait as much as we waited for the culling fix, feel free to blob.

you realize that the biggest blob we’ve ever encountered is the RG+SiN+pugs blob right?

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON

in Match-ups

Pryda.8257

you realize that the biggest blob we’ve ever encountered is the RG+SiN+pugs blob right?

Guess why you met it?

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

Guess why you met it?

I know I know, is because you love blobbing, but try and hide that fact and try and blame other servers for doing it more than SFR?

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

That was to counter the IRON blob and SFR won. IRON left the zone to help out other zones on that reset night relatively quick (don’t like your own medicine?). Besides how can RG+sIN+pugs be bigger then what Deso or Viz brings to the table, when you got everyone and their mother on your tail, actively asking pugs and other guilds to follow? There’s a zone cap.

RG isn’t interested in blobbing up and is actively telling pugs to get on the commanders and respect the guild raid. Just like I respect another guild’s raid, I expect this from everyone on the server. We don’t need randoms following us, basically nullifying any effort by dying, because they can’t follow our movements (they aren’t on comms, they are bad, many reasons).
I can’t deny we sometimes clash into a pug commander from SFR, because we run untagged.

Number #1 to blame is ANet.
They failed to deliver a suited engine that can handle massive fights. They failed to have a proper network enviroment. They failed with map design (they need to be 5x larger, with same amount of objectives and no waypoints as a basic fix; the middle of the map should have a mechanic like the orb which also needs perma protection to keep buffs active, maybe emphasize on small scale in that area by adding 5-10 minor objectives which need to be held).

Number #2 to blame are the players.
Mentality has changed over the years. No more fights for the fun, only for the kitten (avoiding fights I can’t win; only attacking when I get the jump and/or have superior numbers). Servers playing only for the “win”, a win without benefits (yes, you are green next week, nice), a win in an uncompetitive enviroment (GW2 will never go esports, regardless what the devs think, in it’s current state and for the foreseeable future. GW2 wvw is won based only on coverage).

[RG]

in Match-ups

Kraken.7514

You havent seen anything.

Taking into account there was RNV and another guild on the other side of the map facing VZ just imagine if we would have rallied the whole map arround us.

That was to counter the IRON blob and SFR won. IRON left the zone to help out other zones on that reset night relatively quick (don’t like your own medicine?). Besides how can RG+sIN+pugs be bigger then what Deso or Viz brings to the table, when you got everyone and their mother on your tail, actively asking pugs and other guilds to follow? There’s a zone cap.

RG isn’t interested in blobbing up and is actively telling pugs to get on the commanders and respect the guild raid. Just like I respect another guild’s raid, I expect this from everyone on the server. We don’t need randoms following us, basically nullifying any effort by dying, because they can’t follow our movements (they aren’t on comms, they are bad, many reasons).
I can’t deny we sometimes clash into a pug commander from SFR, because we run untagged.

They failed to deliver a suited engine that can handle massive fights. They failed to have a proper network enviroment. They failed with map design (they need to be 5x larger, with same amount of objectives and no waypoints as a basic fix; the middle of the map should have a mechanic like the orb which also needs perma protection to keep buffs active, maybe emphasize on small scale in that area by adding 5-10 minor objectives which need to be held).

Mentality has changed over the years. No more fights for the fun, only for the kitten (avoiding fights I can’t win; only attacking when I get the jump and/or have superior numbers). Servers playing only for the “win”, a win without benefits (yes, you are green next week, nice), a win in an uncompetitive enviroment (GW2 will never go esports, regardless what the devs think, in it’s current state and for the foreseeable future. GW2 wvw is won based only on coverage).

/signed

Imo the guilds that dont like blobbing, regardless of their actual server need to have a meeting and maybe take some decisions as a community.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Today, Deso and Viz teamed the whole day on EB againts SFR. took Klovan, Deso took WC, viz took golanta, deso took rogue, viz took jerrifer, deso attempted a few times to take aldon and failed. It has been for hours, deso is trying to take sfr keep, while viz is either on the sfr spawn area hunting for sfr or sandwiching sfr with deso. Even some serious occasions viz and deso managed not to kill eachother.

Nevermind that both deso and viz have huge blobs and bunch of sfr, still failing to take the sfr keep.

Lets not talk about how sneaky, how low this 2v1 against sfr, but lets talk about how prideful, honorable, one of a kind, saint deso is.

You do realize that going 2 vs 1 against the winning server is proper strategical play and if people were more rational this is what would happen all the time, don’t you?

in Match-ups

Wolbryne.4037

there’s no teaming up, I can promise you that. if you got pushed out of eb it was simply because you were the weakest force at the time and pushing your towers was easier. It’s happened to us to before as well as to visuna. no point in crying over it. man up and get back in there.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xispeo.1706

Xispeo.1706

SFR complaining about double focus, what else ?

Vizunah – Zorèy/Crystalizer

in Match-ups

Wolbryne.4037

You havent seen anything.

Taking into account there was RNV and another guild on the other side of the map facing VZ just imagine if we would have rallied the whole map arround us.

/signed

Imo the guilds that dont like blobbing, regardless of their actual server need to have a meeting and maybe take some decisions as a community.

yup faced rnv, sin, rg and the pugs when we got into garrison. a proper lag fest. happy I don’t suffer from epilepsy or I’d had a seizure right there lol.

I agree. blobbing isn’t fun at all, but it’s the meta game atm and unless you follow suit, you won’t be able to compete. I really hope they fix the issues. and soon.
it seems like anet likes to throw around excuses so they don’t have to buy new hardware and so they can focus on what’s been 99.9% of all patches thus far… pve crap.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flashlight.3125

Flashlight.3125

We were outmanned when I came online and took over commanding EB. Vizunah was focussing you guys and we were taking supply camps. Then Vizunah reset most of the SFR towers and we helped a bit, so our towers would be safe. Eventually we had wildcreek and started trebbing for fun and to defend wildcreek.
Thanks to Vizunah for the fun in EB!

Blue Flashlight
OMNI Commander, Gunnars Hold