Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Timpsu.9324

Timpsu.9324

Effectively, if one is proud of winning the weekly points, then atleast in the case of Vizunah, it’s the proud of avoiding combat. Vizunah doesn’t need to engage in direct combat, since they can log on whenever there’s no opposition and get everything back with their better coverage. W3 scoring should encourage to more direct combat, or atleast it shouldn’t encourage to not having to do direct combat.

On the subject of the scoring system sucking to high heaven, you won’t face any opposition from me.

I take some exception to Vizunah not fighting. There is this weird concept that parking your zerg on some hill and trebbing the enemy is “not fighting”. It IS fighting, as a bare minimum you need to be able to defend your position or the artillery gets overrun. And no one forbids the opposing team to go strike somewhere else.

Vizunah fights, they just stack things in their own favor as much as possible. Wouldn’t you do the same if you were in their place?

The fact that the off peak superiority not only gives ridiculous amounts of points but also massively carries over in the form of fully stocked T3 structures is another huge design flaw, on this I agree too. It’s the snowball effect.

First of all I want to emphasize, that I hold no grudges to Vizunah. I admit I don’t like the current meta, but I don’t feel bad about it, I think Vizunah is dominating with its coverage, and they have shaped the meta to fit their own needs, kudos to that. Every server would like to do that given the opportunity.

I’m not sure what kind of meta Desolation would establish given the opportunity. I hope it wouldn’t be an exact copy of the current meta, more emphasizing open field combat and the all the “epicness” W3 can have the possibility of bringing to the game. I see towers and keeps as places to hold epic fights, but it includes an objective, instead of “deathmatching”. Upgrades are a reward for good defending, shouldn’t be the actual purpose of playing to get everything to T3. Tbh, the current meta encourages players to play SimCity: the main objective is to capture “buildings” which u can upgrade and get your city (=border) rolling. U need the occassional meteor shower when things get boring, but u can just build it again, and nothing profound really happened.

I believe the game is what u make it to be, hence the bigger guilds moving to lower tiers. When I log on to GW, I search for good, large-scale fights. In addition to that, I’d like the battles to have an actual difference on the scores, which is not atm possible in T1, because coverage = winning. At the monent, Vizunah is shaping the meta to its liking, and I just need to suffer from it now. I wish that either we soon get a server that can match Vizunah’s coverage, or ANet starts to make changes to scoring system, for example emphasizing the point count on primetime and reducing the emphasis on more quiet hours. Too much domination isn’t good for meta.

[TLA] – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Oh and one last thing about “it’s all Vizunah’s fault”.

You do realize Arenanet is laughing all the way to the bank thanks also to the money you keep spending to transfer from one server to the next, don’t you? From their perspective, the current system is perfect because it keeps people throwing money at them.

If you want to effect change, vote with your wallet. Preferably after having engaged the brain.

Yes all the ingame gold I farmed to transfer is making Anet so incredibly rich.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xispeo.1706

Xispeo.1706

Ok I get it now : WvW was poorly designed by ANet, VS poorly plays the game as it is expected to be played which is the Only reason why we dominate T1 atm because SFR is and has ever been the best WvW server anyway. Oops I forgot : and SFR will ever be the best server.

VZ players who are so dedicated to WvW especially out of prime time, who have created such a strong community spirit, who have so much fun by playing together, even on bad weeks, are just lemmings, poorly skilled players and PvD losers.

Even when we show you our multimap TS chan at night, showing you that you will generally find 20 active players at most during nights doing their best for VS, you reply to us that we are lying, and that we zerg at night with 70+ zombies. And you even keep repeating again and again that we lie.

Hopefully some new servers will pop on T1 soon, just to fights some more respectful opponents.

Vizunah – Zorèy/Crystalizer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Hopefully some new servers will pop on T1 soon, just to fights some more respectful opponents.

Well with your "play"style this might be impossible, but good luck with that.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: GameRex.8735

GameRex.8735

Hello, I am from VS and i want to say 2 things.

The first one is a proposition :
I think we need to change the score system. Servers should gain more points during the evening and less during the night, just because of the number of player :
A lot of people are playing -> A lot of point can be earned.
Few people are playing -> Few points are given.

Secondly, i want to say something:
Nothing change on VS. The current state of WvW is due to the bad attitude of SFR against newcomers. We don’t zerg more than before. SFR (with help of ArenaNet maybe) killed their server and the balanced matchup … Not VS.

(edited by GameRex.8735)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

It’s true that your zerg are the same that since the start, the only difference is that now we can see them without the culling.
Every server has his own zerg at some time, but some can’t play without it and even with those, don’t try to fight because it doesn’t make your earn “precious points” and hide if they don’t have an overwhelming number advantage to their side.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in Match-ups

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

Dear Vizunah!
You must understand the frustration of the other servers.. Let me put it this way:

You are driving a car and stop at the red lights. There’s a car next to you and you are having a race. Lights turn green and you both hit pedal to the metal. You accelerate to 100km/h clearly leaving another car far behind you and start to slow down. You brake for few seconds until the other car drives by with huge speed and keeps on going. You stop at the next lights and he claims that he won because he passed you and the finish line was further ahead. Yeah right..

It’s clear to everybody that WvW match is a week long and actually the car driver knew that too, he just ran out of fuel. The race was all about who can drive further and not the fast driving after all. We needed 10 litres fuel to finish but only had 5. We were way faster but still couldn’t win from the very beginning

What we want is to drive fast! We want fast races and the winner to be the fastest! We don’t want long races and winner to just have the biggest fueltank! Unfortunately the only racetrack we have is this one-week-long..

Hmm.. maybe building new smaller racetrack wouldn’t be that expensive?
Peace \,,/

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

(edited by satkis.7021)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Hello, I am from VS and i want to say 2 things.

The first one is a proposition :
I think we need to change the score system. Servers should gain more points during the evening and less during the night, just because of the number of player :
A lot of people are playing -> A lot of point can be earned.
Few people are playing -> Few points are given.

Secondly, i want to say something:
Nothing change on VS. The current state of WvW is due to the bad attitude of SFR against newcomers. We don’t zerg more than before. SFR (with help of ArenaNet maybe) killed their server and the balanced matchup … Not VS.

You’re so wrong about our attitude against newcomers. We teach them every day, we have pug commanders and everything for them to feel nice. We dont like those who just came with the free trasnfer to see whats in T1, that do not want to help, arent interested in the system we made(we have TS,server site for wvw and other stuff) and that do not listen to the commanders on the map.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Some nice post from MagnusLL earlier – have to agree with it. Probably any server being in Viz position would play similiar in style. Look at Sfr some weeks ago, they had many guilds which could cover all maps and then some staying for nights to counter Viz night teams, isn’t it the same thing? If you have coverage then you use it to fullest extent and try get all you can. Simple.
As for Deso, sometimes we have little night team but it can’t be compared with any Viz forces and it usually ends with golems at EB keep at early morning hours. That made people to prefer fights more than capturing towers and not sitting inside them, because they see it pointless to upgrade everything but not having anyone keep an eye on it during night when it all gets taken away. Kinda frustrating to see something you watch over for so long being lost just because there is not enough ppl to defend it, isn’t it?

Like MagnusLL said, there is need for Anet to make it’s move to balancing few things here, mostly the highest and lowest tiers cause there are the biggest differences. 1 dominating server seeing that it can keep going like this, has their players happy, no matter if they play at night or day, if they win they look happy just with that and keeping their spirit high having easy victory over 2 weaker servers with lower population. Kinda the same thing in lowest tier, 1 strong server that keeps going up/down every week and 2 weak with no ppl who cant compete much with the dominating one.
What could Anet do about this?
- limit the amount of players to +/-X players compared to enemy team – that would balance the forces more than the outmanned buff – which is kinda useless except showing the enemy that 1 side is weaker and can be smashed (should not be visible to enemies in the 1st place), the no repair cost is maybe ok but not bringing anything into the “balance”. That would prevent some ppl from joining WvW at certain hours, but the balance would be back for sure. The other thing would be “What if both sides have 50 players on the field and then 40 from 1 side goes sleep? What do we do with the 40 players from other team?” which is a bit more troublesome to solve, but here could come the “improved outmanned buff”
- improve the outmanned buff – now it’s kinda joke (even though it was changed not long ago), with no repair cost being the only good thing about it (in most players opinion i think). Some real stats and power boost would be a real solution here. What are those 10 guys supposed to do seeing 40-50 players taking their towers 1 by 1? Log off? Come on, that’s not the way… But if they had some nice improvement in stats they could hold on somehow – I think not really offensive boost is needed, I would prefer to get some real def abilities pop up in place of the outmanned buff – giving players more HP, more DEF or/and more resist to Siege dmg (some kind of Last Stand buff) – that would really help at least to save some last towers/keep that these guys were trying to protect during the whole day.

As opposed to the above (which I think and hope could see 1 day being implemented to the game, the following 3 are probably not going to happen, but I’ll post them just as they might point out on some source of unbalance in WvW:
- lock the server transfers (or limit it a lot) – the communities tends to break easily (look Sfr) when the problems show up instead of taking a bit of breath and solving them over time. Also would prevent ppl hopping to the “winning side”, who wouldn’t like to be on “the best” server who holds highest place on the ladder? With ppl staying in the server they choose from start to end (or for longer periods of time) it could help to actually create some stronger bonds between ppl and make them overcome the problems. However – it could create stagnancy and make ppl bored of standing in the same place for long time, also server transfer = gems = $$
- limit the times during which WvW is played – another solution which is unlikely to happen. WvW was designed as 24/7 battlefield which makes it a lot of fun but at times also unhealthy for some players – some that can stay and play during nights and some that decide to stay to prevent the 1st ones from taking their towers etc.. Also players from different time zones have their big part in this, which leads to the last one…
- lock IP so that EU servers = EU players (or at least EU and close to EU timezone), same for NA (if they want ). Dedicated players playing overnight is 1 thing, but players from different time zones make even more problem, because the server who has them has a lot easier way to victory than server without them. In the end – not gonna happen imo.

Well that’s it, didn’t expect I’ll end up with so long post, just wanted to share few things that I had on my mind.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Instead of complaining, I will tell you something positive:

On Friday afternoon when I assumed command of Desolation Borderlands. We had nothing. We controlled zero percentage of the map. And all I could see was me and two upleveled Desolation player. Instead of rage quitting and telling how bad it is, I started to advice people. And we have some wise veterans who know WvWvW better than me, so of course I listen to their advice. Few hours later we had 3 supply camps, 2 towers and Garrison (thanks to the great mesmer to portaled those 4 golems we built, hehe ). And I must say VS was fighting nice and fair. Sorry that we wiped you inside Garrison, but those loots bags are so sweet.

Since we want drop to lower tier, I didn’t bother to equip or upgrade any towers or keep. Let the enemy take it when you know you can take it back any moment. Capturing the same objective over and over again gives easy WXP.

Pretty much same story this morning. Big VS zerg lawnmowed everything (except one devious engineer ). Most of our players left the map for another BL. I stayed there and started to organized the PuGs. If VS can win with upleveled PuGs, so can we!

I didn’t once again belong to any party. I don’t make people ball into a blob. I want to fight like a wind, like chaos you cannot predict.

Two hours later we controlled the upper half of the map. We almost got the Hills, but taking it with just dozen players is difficult, because it is the easiest keep to defend and we cannot carry enough supplies to build siege to get through the inner gate as well. Nice gank from SFR. Was it Dolyaks? You got us, I was typing to map chat when you run over me (yes, no TS when I command PuGs). Three own deaths, 100+ kills, tons of loot bags. Anycase I had fun.

On both occasions there was no skill lag. I could actually use my skill bar. It seems if one avoids the prime time, the WvWvW on EU tier #1 is playable and fun!

Don’t mind about the odds. Beat them!

Big hand to all Desolation players at Deso BL on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning! You are the best!

Ayna Micro

PS. Yes, the outmanned should be buffed, but since Anet is still not doing anything about it, we better play the best we can.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Junkpile.7439

Funny part is that viz move that blob around morning and talk about how they like good fights. Hell they teleport 60 players in map when 10 dudes try to get inside spawn tower with one ram.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Its pretty hard to defend a tower with 3 people while 50 vizunah attack us! Can someone help me!!

OH NO THEY BROKE THE DOOR… Help me! HE… – dead -

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xispeo.1706

Xispeo.1706

Dear Vizunah!
You must understand the frustration of the other servers.. Let me put it this way:

You are driving a car and stop at the red lights. There’s a car next to you and you are having a race. Lights turn green and you both hit pedal to the metal. You accelerate to 100km/h clearly leaving another car far behind you and start to slow down. You brake for few seconds until the other car drives by with huge speed and keeps on going. You stop at the next lights and he claims that he won because he passed you and the finish line was further ahead. Yeah right..

It’s clear to everybody that WvW match is a week long and actually the car driver knew that too, he just ran out of fuel. The race was all about who can drive further and not the fast driving after all. We needed 10 litres fuel to finish but only had 5. We were way faster but still couldn’t win from the very beginning

What we want is to drive fast! We want fast races and the winner to be the fastest! We don’t want long races and winner to just have the biggest fueltank! Unfortunately the only racetrack we have is this one-week-long..

Hmm.. maybe building new smaller racetrack wouldn’t be that expensive?
Peace \,,/

This is why I tend to compare VS as a marathonians server while SFR and especially Deso are sprinter servers. Nothing wrong with that, but this is just logicaly that VS finaly dominates.

Vizunah – Zorèy/Crystalizer

(edited by Xispeo.1706)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hwestdinen.8913

Hwestdinen.8913

Yes, Viz always have a 60+ blob on all the map, they always hide in their towers, they never fight, etc.. ( oh, it’s false? But who cares? )
Seem that the infinite loop of whines will never end…

Hwestdinen (Ranger 80)
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Daxter.4286

Daxter.4286

They should just lock borderland maps between 3 am and 12 am(or some similar timeframe) and let people who don’t sleep or wake up early duke it out in eternal battlegrounds. My experience is that during the off hours, it’s all about borderlands hopping to cap/defend stuff, since nobody has enough people to fill more than 1 borderland, if even that.

Also like many people said, the point system is awful and servers seem to be gaming it quite hard. Vizunah gamed it before by having “power weeks” where they would acquire points as much as possible and then they could take 1-2 weeks off and have no fear of dropping even if they lost badly. SFR and Deso have been actively trying to drop tiers past 2 weeks while on the other hand Elona and Jade Sea have been actively trying not to score too much points to not get promoted to tier 1. This leads to tiers being locked the same. Deso has been in tier 1 for 3 months straight, SFR has been in tier 1 for 2+. It would actually be somewhat refreshing to fight some new guilds and tactics etc for once, but i don’t see that happening anytime soon, as servers are still actively gaming the ranking system.

Of course there is the option of actually transferring, but i consider myself fairly loyal player(been in deso since the start) and i like the people i play with in here. In my opinion a simple “winner moves up, loser drops down” system would make things a bit more interesting as you wouldn’t be stuck playing against the same enemies 2+months straight.

Extraordinary Gentlemen[EXG] – Desolation[EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Vizunah gamed it before by having “power weeks” where they would acquire points as much as possible and then they could take 1-2 weeks off and have no fear of dropping even if they lost badly. SFR and Deso have been actively trying to drop tiers past 2 weeks while on the other hand Elona and Jade Sea have been actively trying not to score too much points to not get promoted to tier 1. This leads to tiers being locked the same. Deso has been in tier 1 for 3 months straight, SFR has been in tier 1 for 2+. It would actually be somewhat refreshing to fight some new guilds and tactics etc for once, but i don’t see that happening anytime soon, as servers are still actively gaming the ranking system.

Would be much easier to have it simple:
1st – go tier up
2nd – stays
3rd – go tier down

Frequent rotation would bring a lot of refreshment and free some servers from weariness of seeing the same enemies over and over…

in Match-ups

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

Basically, if your’e on a time zone server there should be less points available between 12am and 12pm (give or take, I wouldn’t object to that being 8am but its kinda moot).

Seriously, WvW shouldn’t be decided by who can get players to come from other time zones (Viz have promised us this isn’t so so it cant be true, eh?) or people who don’t have jobs. education or families in vast numbers (that’s the only logical reason if people from other time zones aren’t making up the numbers throughout the night to such a degree – I dont think this is true but thats just me).

You’re welcome to move servers but you shouldn’t be able to make a huge difference to that server’s WvW when people play regular hours…..its not difficult.

(edited by RobF.5864)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

All i have to say is kitten great job in eb tonight those that were there, there is no force that can outstand our push. stack more please i enjoy the lootbags. Till next weeekend mofos! rofl

In all seriousness thank you for the fights in EB tonight it was intense. I LUV JOO ALL XD

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

All I’m gonna say is, today I played roughly 2 hours, last one I had to WP 4 times or so and every time I did there were the same 7~10 toons parked there doing nothing when there was a big queue to enter…

“do your business” or get off the pot…

I should get this in the suggestions, some faster ejection for inactivity or something.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Qwixx.5923

Qwixx.5923

I wish that either we soon get a server that can match Vizunah’s coverage, or ANet starts to make changes to scoring system, for example emphasizing the point count on primetime and reducing the emphasis on more quiet hours. Too much domination isn’t good for meta.

SFR had twice a much better coverage and number than Vizunah but they failed each time. That would have no impact in the long term with the current WvW mentality.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Daxter.4286

Daxter.4286

What do you mean failed Qwixx? They won 5 weeks straight.

Extraordinary Gentlemen[EXG] – Desolation[EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khally.5103

Khally.5103

I just want to state what I think, in the most brief and simple way I can.

- Viz has a LOT more players in WvW than SFR and Deso. The number of people Viz have is overwhelming, the number of players in SFR and Deso continues to decrease. I recognize Vizunah’s organisation and skill, but this hasn’t been why they have won for over a month now.
- With the currently horrible ranking system, this matchup will never, ever change, which makes it staggering to think why it hasn’t been changed already.
- The problem aren’t the zergs. I don’t care, at all, if we are in a map with the same number of people and 1/2 servers are massive zerging, as that is not the most efficient way if the map is full. But that just doesn’t happen, only on EB on certain occasions.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

The game developers need to step in, not wait until everyone leave the game.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

SFR don’t blob, especially for just 5 people.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

This thread is a neverending cup of fun.

Some of you guys still think VS is made of unemployed people that work on a rota to keep the numbers high in each BL all night long.
You give filefilepetitguerrier too much power

We just don’t have a policeman in front of the gates saying “uh no, our opponents don’t want to play atm, so please don’t go, it wouldn’t be fair”. Or perhaps we have, but nobody cares.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

80% of the vizunians on EB are mindless uplevled ppl (mostly), who just want WXP, they see WXP, they go for it. They see a gate, they step into it because open field is to hard for them. They see the commander? They mindless follow him.

Meta and War Legends are the only vizunah guilds I respects (and a few others i’ve forgotten the name). But they represent almost NOTHING in EB/bl. Nothing. I rarely EVER see them.

It’s the pug ‘I must have WXP’-rage, and low-end french server > vizu bandwagoning, that makes vizunah win.

Of course forums warriors will disagree. Most likely the ppl doing that are right in their own way (they worked hard, and are not the pug wxp addicted players). But the fact remains while those people THINK it’s because of them vizunah wins, they are wrong. The pugs are. The Bandwagon pugs. The no job/no sleep/canadian people. Disagree AGAIN all you want. WE KNOW you have no sleep on the job ppl OR Canadian people OR no job people. We all know it’s probably a combo of all 3.

While i know Canadian player are exagerrated here on forums as reason vizu wins (they don’t have that many), why do you keep lying, when a vizunah friend already confirmed it to me MANY times, that you have canadian people? Get your facts straight people.

Congratz to GC allies (the behind the scens workers), meta, WL and similar guilds. You do a nice job. You probably at least partially even deserve the victory because of your work. (not that SFR or deso work worse, but it’s quite sad vizunah respect for our work is so low. like we don’t have to work for our communities). Kuddos to Troma (while i know he has great assistents, i’m 100% sure without Troma anywhere around, Vizunah would drop at least 20% in efficiency).

To the 80% of Vizunah Zombie WXP wanting army: Nope you didn’t deserve the victory. You should be ashamed of yourself. You have no Honour, and a lot of you bandwagoned, (deny it all you want, most of bandwagon ppl probably never even visit forums, or talk, or use teamspeak, so why deny it?).

So yeah vizunah is right AND wrong at the same time. No matter how much we discuss it this will remain.

And vizunah is BORING TO FIGHT LIKE HELL. You Pvdoored everything. Got loads of loot. And when primetime comes you STILL FLEE LIKE CHICKENS into your towers when we ‘might’ (far from sure, because you have more numbers) win. C’mon guys. 1,62 silver. Is vizunah that greedy? Is 1,62 silver more important thant a good fight (wich I equal to fun). Is pvdooring more fun? Or are the pvdoor rewards just to tempting? Is reward all you care about and that’s why you train so much? Well I already know the answer since 80% of vizunah are WXP zombies. (Not that sfr or deso don’t have those, but in much lesser numbers).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

in Match-ups

Junkpile.7439

meta is wannabe mort

in Match-ups

Posted by: Charmide.4891

Charmide.4891

My personal estimate is that Vizunah right now never drops below 300 people in WvW at any time of the day.

lololol

You personally fail.

Right estimates : 30 (max) ppl for the combat group (basically chewing up everything at off peak), 5 ppl to scout. This being across 3 maps (excluding EB).
It doesn’t take more than that to get to +600 if the other side does nothing and have no coordination.

Same number being random pugs trying to kill dolyaks solo, or being killed by guards or chickens (I take that role sometimes).

Seriously.. 300, wtf? That’s like a third of prime-time (ie. max number of players).
Do the maps look like that at 4 or 5am ?! Ever played at that time?
What? WHAT? Uggh.. Delusional, I said..

Commander@Insert Coinz [CPC] – Vizunah Square

(edited by Charmide.4891)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Right estimates : 30 (max) ppl for the combat group (basically chewing up everything at off peak), 5 ppl to scout. This being across 3 maps (excluding EB).
It doesn’t take more than that to get to +600 if the other side does nothing and have no coordination.

Same number being random pugs trying to kill dolyaks solo, or being killed by guards or chickens (I take that role sometimes).

Seriously.. 300, wtf? That’s like a third of prime-time (ie. max number of players).
Do the maps look like that at 4 or 5am ?! Ever played at that time?
What? WHAT? Uggh.. Delusional, I said..

I actually agree with Visunah on this matter. 30 maybe seen as a huge force during off-peak hours. I guess VS rotates this 25-30 man strike force from map to another, pretty much mowing everything as there is so little resistance from SFR and Deso.

People tend to exaggerate / inflate the enemy numbers and downplay their own true numbers. As if everything you can see on screen is all the players on the map.

I do 90% of my WvWvW solo. One can solo cap supply camps and NPC mercenary objectives e.g. Quaggans, Hylek, Krait, Ogres, Tamili or Skritt. Anybody who plays on Desolation is free to join my roaming runs. It means fast WXP and around 0.5 g/hour. Sometimes I meet some enemy players, who are willing for a nice 1 vs 1. Usually it is a small 2-5 man roaming team, forcing me to flee from an unfair combat. But sometimes miracles do happen and I have laughed my head off solo killing 5 man enemy team (happens only underwater). So I am sure many enemy players are also scattered around the map.

The outmanned status however doesn’t lie. Desolation has now been often outmanned even on our borderlands. It happens very easy: If there is no coordination and people don’t see any commander with active tag on the map, people tend to leave the map.

All this still doesn’t change the fact: If you have e.g. 15 vs 30, the latter has enormous advantage. Unless the smaller force is defending a well-equipped tower, but VS generally seems to use superior siege even when capping non-upgraded towers (why?). In an open field the larger group should win almost all matches, unless their level of skill is much inferior.

The current meta way too much favors blobbing, sharing your boons, area healing and condition removal and having the CC and hammer warrior front line. There is almost no disadvantage into forming your troops into one tight blob, thanks to stupid 5-man AoE limits and map being so small that the zerg can quickly from A to B. Anet knows this, but never does anything to change things. I can easily imagine that a lot of players on all sides are tired of seeing the same Déjà vu.

Predicting enemy actions is easy. I seem to be correct almost every single time when I predict in map chat where enemy will strike next. Why are we not stopping the enemy if we even know where it will be? Well, if you have just 5 people next to your commander and the scout says that enemy has 20.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Charmide.4891

Nice post, sums up things nicely.

About superior siege, it’s usually just for the speed boost, giving less time to the other side to react, and, more importantly, being able to do something else more quickly.
More and more people are able to afford it, so basically, no reason to use anything else.

I don’t know how much of an offpeak population advantage VS really has (though it exists atm), because of the lack of organisation of other servers for this.
If you gathered your forces, from all the maps, into one strike force (doing anything else at 3-4am is bound to fail), maybe you would manage something ? Or maybe those 15 ppl that could play to equalize the fights wouldn’t rage quit because they can’t do anything ?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

I don’t know how much of an offpeak population advantage VS really has

Vast.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

I wonder where the Viz organisation and people were during strong times of Deso, SFR, BT, Elona etc? Right at jeux forums crying the bitter tears of the pug.
Now that Viz is winning they come here and try to explain why they win and how unorganised the enemy is. I lol’d.

[RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

You were outmanning and outgunning them with golem rushes at 2 am, because you “play for fights” and “don’t care for the points”.

They were as many as ever, and you won thanks to better coverage.

The game is 8 months old and any server that won any matchup at any given time won it by superior coverage. And that’s (sh)it.

Cheers

The French Flair [FF]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

This is mental, Viz are playing how WvW should be played 24 hrs a day, so what do we all do?? Quit and move to tier 3,4 ,5,6,7,8 “for better fights” your moving cause its easier.

As much as i dont like you Viz players, keep doing what your doing your playing the game how it should be

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

I wonder where the Viz organisation and people were during strong times of Deso, SFR, BT, Elona etc? Right at jeux forums crying the bitter tears of the pug.
Now that Viz is winning they come here and try to explain why they win and how unorganised the enemy is. I lol’d.

We all get bored when we lose.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in Match-ups

Charmide.4891

Hurr durr. Bad troll is bad. And just when we were having a nice, reasonable (and actual) dialogue

I didn’t expect a [RG] to understand anything about scoring or strategy, but anyway… I’ll try.
To answer your question, during those strong times : it was there. Despite flucuations in numbers, even when we didn’t have those, we never strayed from our organisation, particularly in off peak. That’s how we stayed in T1. That’s how we had close matches and not scores like 100 000 vs 30 000.

Return to your topic now, kiddo.

(edited by Charmide.4891)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

This is mental, Viz are playing how WvW should be played 24 hrs a day, so what do we all do?? Quit and move to tier 3,4 ,5,6,7,8 “for better fights” your moving cause its easier.

As much as i dont like you Viz players, keep doing what your doing your playing the game how it should be

Exactly this, every server is quick to say how bad vs are, when they multiple guilds holding each BL and EB. As soon as the guilds leave the same server jumps on the forum moaning about VS blobbing and their coverage because they have nothing to counter it and are losing.

Vs have coverage and that will keep them in t1, they also have better organisation. And by this I don’t mean the main thing people kitten about, the fighting, I mean all the small things. They nearly always have someone on dollys, always have 1-2 scouts in towers and are quick to get 5-6 into the tower to man siege and suppress and lastly they always have sniper squads. They blob because they can afford to, they only start faltering when brute force is thrown at them or they are double teamed.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Reset raid on Deso Bl AFTL lead the push to defend our homeland 1 AFTL commander leading the friendlies the other leading the guild raid awesome input from everyone and some of the best fun in a while fighting viz fire with fire.

http://youtu.be/dNoQapE_hoQ

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

We all get bored when we lose.

no you don`t you just jump servers .

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

• It seems if one avoids the prime time, the WvWvW on EU tier #1 is playable and fun!*

Good idea, I’ll ask Anet to write a letter to my employer/university/school so that they change my schedule.

They are forcing us to play the game when they want, not when we want, that’s poor customer service in my book.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

The situation in EU w3 is really funny at the moment.

It is like playgrounds where kids play together. But there is 1 kid, that no1 wants to play with, cause it is no fun. The 2 other kids r trying hard to get to other playground, but they cant. They could, if the kids from other playground would give them a hand. But those kids dont want play with that 1 kid too, so they do everything to not get to that playground.

So yeah, VS plays the game as Anet intends, which did lead to this situation. Must be tough to be the kid that no1 wants to play with.

in Match-ups

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

We would have taken a vacation if we knew you are acting like children refusing to play now.

We lost against your “perfect coverage”, but we had accepted to lose and tried harder week after week. We never stop playing when we lose or if we can’t easy win, that’s is the big difference between you and us.

SFR and Deso are losing against our pve’s boys and green arrows and it’s your choices ( how many times have you “jumping from the ship” ? 4 ? 5 times ? ), just facts.

You are certainely happy to see EU ladder collapses, so be nice please.

jade sea, EU

in Match-ups

Empyre.2531

You stopped playing when losing or why you think you lost? Then the other servers got bored or shafted by Anet and you come out of your holes again. Same old, same old or why you think your commanders got burn out and your pugs are bored exactly at the moment of highest enemy pressure? Why you think your pugs flood the zones every night again when the enemy isn’t playing?

“Perfect coverage”, I lol’d. It was a simple counter to your map hopping night choo which got you defeated so easily, even while try harding before taking a “small break”.

[RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alaclis.6579

Alaclis.6579

You stopped playing when losing or why you think you lost? Then the other servers got bored or shafted by Anet and you come out of your holes again. Same old, same old or why you think your commanders got burn out and your pugs are bored exactly at the moment of highest enemy pressure? Why you think your pugs flood the zones every night again when the enemy isn’t playing?

“Perfect coverage”, I lol’d. It was a simple counter to your map hopping night choo which got you defeated so easily, even while try harding before taking a “small break”.

Stop talking here and make sandpile with Piken. Ty.

Alaclis – Thief 80
Millenium Old School [MoS] – Vizunah Square

(edited by Alaclis.6579)

in Match-ups

Empyre.2531

Nah, I like it when Viz forum warriors finally come out here again (at least here they have people that want to play with them unlike ingame), was boring to read tears on jeux when Viz got dominated.

[RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: olleN.2356

olleN.2356

Nah, I like it when Viz forum warriors finally come out here again (at least here they have people that want to play with them unlike ingame), was boring to read tears on jeux when Viz got dominated.

If you were spending as much energy and time on the field than writting nonsense story here, you would probably win

Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Empyre.2531

If you were spending as much energy and time on the field than writting nonsense story here, you would probably win

Won tier 1 more often then most of Viz and it means nothing. Also I’m winning T4 atm, while posting here, hurray.
May the door be with you, always.

[RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaemon.2640

Zaemon.2640

Why does RG go from server to server? Is it really that hard for people to fathom?
They are a guild that plays for the “Guild Vs Guild” aspect. And that’s exactly how i envisioned the game should be played. Not hoarding the blobs and outswarming the opposition.
They left SFR due to insane skill lag and being unable to play as an organised group. Again, not hard to understand.

There are plenty of guilds out there in lower tiers that don’t want to move up into t1-2 for that exact reason.
If you think you chased the organised guilds away from T1 with your superior tactics and skill… then it’s really like talking to a wall or trying to explain science to a radical christian living in texas. You will never understand.

in Match-ups

Empyre.2531

I play for the good fights.

They were in tier 1 for a while (currently they aren’t), but it became a bit dry with the culling patch. Ppl bore me (incl lag they create), I leave. I can’t play as a team because of the circumstances on the server, I leave. I play for the fun, pressing #1 exclusively isn’t.
You can see the change in guilds/people/servers within a few days (for some it was just a few fights). First they come alone, then they come with the whole zone.

Noone likes Viz, your playstyle bores everyone that came to fight (hiding behind the “we play by ANet’s rules”-argument, yes you do, soon you play alone, but that’s what your “pve boys” and “green arrows” do best). It’s prolly changing right now, because you’re playing in a dead matchup (see the initiative amongst GC/Troma/Viz to support or even care about gvg) and starting to feel the boredom as well. You reap what you sow. Wasn’t it much more fun when 4-5 servers had 2000+ rating, now everyones goal is to stay under 1800 to not be even close to t1.
It’s prolly not all as black as my post looks like, but you get the idea.

[RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

We ( WvW VZ community ) never stop playing or only when it’s boring matchup like now. Or maybe our doors were too strong for you when you outnumbering night, afternoon and “Op baguette” with poor score if we had stop playing ?

Servers hoppers, free and paid transfer had kill EU ladder, so don’t blame us.

Our PvE’s pugs flood the zones every night because RG and Friends were going out before the lose, one more time.

http://www.randomtuesday.com/archive/Star%20Trek:%20The%20Next%20Generation/season3/best_of_both_worlds/geordi_roll.gif

jade sea, EU