Yaks Bend- Stormbluff Isle - Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: jadfang.6850

jadfang.6850

I have to ask, where did all this from YB come from? Those daytime numbers are beastly!

Also LOL at the people saying FA getting 3rd next week. I’m far from a FA fanboy (really, I rip on them all the time) but I can’t see them losing to SBI at this point let alone DB.

but if SBI an DB team up however it could happen

in Match-ups

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I have to ask, where did all this from YB come from? Those daytime numbers are beastly!

Also LOL at the people saying FA getting 3rd next week. I’m far from a FA fanboy (really, I rip on them all the time) but I can’t see them losing to SBI at this point let alone DB.

I think the SBI WvW community decided a long time ago not to work directly with other servers to achieve a victory because it’s just cheesy and really doesn’t help the server grow.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Naztharius.7639

Naztharius.7639

I think the SBI WvW community decided a long time ago not to work directly with other servers to achieve a victory because it’s just cheesy and really doesn’t help the server grow.

^ This season is creating a lot of tryhards stooping down to the level of making new gw2 accounts to sabotage. I still enjoyed the fights from Ebay and Yak’s but without equal ground and being handicapped, can’t really say Yak’s has won.

Commander Naztharius – [KWBH]
GM of Kingswood Brotherhood -SBI
Bringer Of Truth

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fly.4958

Fly.4958

Clearly, crying on the forums will secure SBI the win.

Oh, wait…

More Tequila
Less Pants
Shameful Display

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eye Mohini.7938

Eye Mohini.7938

I love it when people talk about conspiracies to justify something they feel “cheated” out of.

You’ll get alien contact soon enough. Believe.

the internet, where everyone is as hard as nails

in Match-ups

Naztharius.7639

I love it when people talk about conspiracies to justify something they feel “cheated” out of.

You’ll get alien contact soon enough. Believe.

I love it even more when people deny it.

Bringer Of Truth

in Match-ups

grifflyman.8102

Week 44 02-09 November

1st Stormbluff Isle 382 027
2nd Yak’s Bend 188 054
3rd Isle of Janthir 116 595

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bass.1697

Bass.1697

Week 44 02-09 November

2nd Yak’s Bend 188 054

So you had the numbers that week to roll over a server with next to no coverage to the point they were scavenging point off of yaks bend wherever they could to the point where it felt like a 2v1 against yaks and you’re bragging about it?

Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Or because we don’t use strategy whatsoever.

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

Dough (IOJ) meet pin (SBI).

in Match-ups

grifflyman.8102

Week 44 02-09 November

2nd Yak’s Bend 188 054

So you had the numbers that week to roll over a server with next to no coverage to the point they were scavenging point off of yaks bend wherever they could to the point where it felt like a 2v1 against yaks and you’re bragging about it?

Felt like a 2vs1, LOL. Show me a screen shot with EBay’s garrison red, please.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drucilla.3158

Drucilla.3158

Having a heckuva time in WvW this week against SBI and EB.

SBI has a big red bull’s eye on them this week. Yes.

Please stop the QQ, you thought you would walk all over us like you did before and it just didn’t swing that way. Grow from the experience and take the fact that you can’t steamroll your way past us this week on the chin.

There’s a LOT of great guilds on SBI I’ve run across this week. Whenever we see Abys Olaf, BÆST, RISE, we know we’re in for a fight.

Happy Thanksgiving to those that are celebrating it tomorrow!

Fires of Wisdom [WISE]
Angry Intent [AI]
Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

Is YB supposed to do SBI’s dirty work?

in Match-ups

Naztharius.7639

Having a heckuva time in WvW this week against SBI and EB.

SBI has a big red bull’s eye on them this week. Yes.

Please stop the QQ, you thought you would walk all over us like you did before and it just didn’t swing that way. Grow from the experience and take the fact that you can’t steamroll your way past us this week on the chin.

There’s a LOT of great guilds on SBI I’ve run across this week. Whenever we see Abys Olaf, BÆST, RISE, we know we’re in for a fight.

Happy Thanksgiving to those that are celebrating it tomorrow!

We are not complaining about steamrolling. This has been a very exciting week. But on a serious note, the sabotage is the bullkitten we are calling it out on. I don’t mind fighting fair but when my opponent is clearing all the supply from my objective building useless siege by using an alt account, you can’t really pride yourselves talking smack.

Bringer Of Truth

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

It’s a 2v1 you corn heads. How many times do we have to tell you. I wish you would just get out of the game so we can get Ebay in 2nd place, and then both Ebay and Yak’s can spend quality time tomorrow eating turkey together, breaking bread and pondering next week’s 2v1 against BP.

So long and thanks for the dolyak finisher.

Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in Match-ups

Bass.1697

Week 44 02-09 November

2nd Yak’s Bend 188 054

It’s called strategic application of resources. IoJ did it to us and I don’t blame them. EB and YB are both doing it to you. Perhaps you guys should learn overall strategy and spend less time coming up with conspiracy theories.

Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Johje Holan.4607

It’s a 2v1 you corn heads. How many times do we have to tell you. I wish you would just get out of the game so we can get Ebay in 2nd place, and then both Ebay and Yak’s can spend quality time tomorrow eating turkey together, breaking bread and pondering next week’s 2v1 against BP.

Lol, you know the smart play is for Ebay and BP to have a 2 v1 against Yaks. Yaks is clearly the strongest server of the 3.

But I think they hate each other too much. I doubt Ebay and BP can bury the hatchet to pull it off.

in Match-ups

Naztharius.7639

conspiracy proven?

Attachments:

Bringer Of Truth

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

Need to learn from YB and put siege everywhere we take if you want to have chance against them, whenever we face them next.

Need to get some people who have lots of free time to just sit on hills and bay trebs and spam #1 on camps/towers all day all night.

I recommend using #2 on the trebs, but maybe it’s just personal preference.
The best part of this is actually only available if you have the ranks to drop traited cows on the depot to mess with their supply pickup.

I have actually noticed some SBI starting to use more of the things we love so much, like supply traps and defensive omegas.

Week 44 02-09 November

2nd Yak’s Bend 188 054

Indeed! Thank you for reminding everyone of how different this week is from our last match a mere 3 weeks ago. After losing by 200k, we got our feet back under us, and worked on improving ourselves and strategizing for the rematch. I hope you will forgive us for being a little happy with what we’ve accomplished.

This match has also been far more fun and intense than the previous one, easily the best we’ve had in leagues. It has been very defensive, which is a refreshing break from the usual karma trains in unbalanced matches. I am definitely looking forward to seeing both servers again.

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Week 44 02-09 November

2nd Yak’s Bend 188 054

All this says is that there was a weak 3rd server in that match up so what is your point? When SBI gets an easy server in a match up the can feed on the weaker of the two servers. There were no easy points in this match up we made it hard for you to make pushes in other bls because you couldn’t take your bl back and when the match got hard or was a loss all your fair weather players/guilds ran for the hills. [ABYS] members from DH can tell you DH was double teamed multiple times in matches have been down 20k out of the weekend and we just pushed along and still won those matches because we didn’t give up. Maybe your server wasn’t prepared or expected Ebay and Yaks to roll over. Making excuses isn’t going to help you win but making solutions will.

in Match-ups

grifflyman.8102

conspiracy proven?

These kitten hats have been doing this since we closed to within 10k. I accept defeat, you kicked our kitten , but it makes me sick that this was going on at the same time.

in Match-ups

Johje Holan.4607

The 2v1 was a smart move by both Yaks and Ebay. Going into the match, SBI was perceived to be the strongest server by far – last time we beat Yaks by 200K! And Ebay by 300K. Even on Sunday people were predicting that our coverage would mean that we would come back and win it.

But its not all because of the 2v1 that we lost. We got outplayed period. Out fought, out defended, out Golem Rushed (seriously Yaks you all are the kings of the Golem Rush), out strategized. Honestly, even if it wouldn’t have happened, I think Yaks would have won. Both Yaks and Ebay were bringing it from the outset.

Therefore, I think Yaks and SBI are pretty even actually. Next time we’re matched up no 2v1 should be necessary. (Unless its us against a T1 and then it will be us 2 together in the 2v1.)

So thanks Yaks and Ebay for a hard fought match.

And congrats Yaks Bend on the victory.

And SBI, we’ll bounce back. This ain’t the end of the world or the end of SBI. We got beat, that’s all. And when this match is over, lets bring it to FA next week!

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I think it might be beneficial for SBI to really reflect on this match-up.

Many of the posts from informed SBI guilds here have already said what I am about to say, but it is definitely needed to emphasize that one should not simply take the high horse in any close match-up.

Never underestimate a match-up where the three servers are within the same ranks as one another, I don’t know whether it was perhaps a feeling of superiority that SBI came into this match-up not giving their all. Though, it is clear that those who have and still are persisting to fight really truly represent the SBI WvW that they are proud of, and you guys fight hard. Well played fights all around.

However…

Whatever the reasons may have been, I feel like those complaining on SBI should take this match-up as a growing experience. In a match-up where it is a three-way competition, the fight almost never goes equal terms because unfortunately servers don’t hold the same population across the board. Either the weakest server is annilated for points, granting the stronger in terms of coverage free points and an effective win. Or, as the dominant server though not by much, the lesser servers could do something akin to a ceasefire…or something like that to bring the larger server down to their level if not make that dominant server the weakest of all. I feel like this critical match-up turned into the latter, and based on the feedback across the board it has been one of the best match-ups of the league!

Both instances hold some sort of alliance in one way or another, it’s how you manage the instance where you might be the focused server that will make or break you. It’s unfortunate that there isn’t such a thing as a one to one or an ACTUAL World versus World to tell the differences between servers, but in reality every server should be aware that the third server is the king-maker, the wild-card.

For now, the fight for 1st place in this match-up might be over, but I definitely encourage the fighting to keep going, because I know SBI is aware of this but they really should not drop to 3rd if they can afford it.

Don’t stop fighting! Good fights!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

conspiracy proven?

One of your guys just jumped 50 omega off OL, talking about sabotage?

in Match-ups

Eye Mohini.7938

conspiracy proven?

These kitten hats have been doing this since we closed to within 10k. I accept defeat, you kicked our kitten , but it makes me sick that this was going on at the same time.

I believe I saw some posts related to SBI doing the same thing, and actually I believe YB said it was happening to them BEFORE SBI jumped that train also. You do love your trains.

in Match-ups

Bass.1697

conspiracy proven?

So we should start posting the pics of the guys doing it to all our keeps?
We know about that person going over. We also know that he did it in retaliation which seems hard for you guys to grasp.

Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lokan Tores.8736

Lokan Tores.8736

Couple things need to be set straight here:

1. The Alliance – The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Did we avoid EB in fights or if they were taking something that was theirs or belonged to SBI? Yeah we did. Did we paper their stuff so they could take it back easily? Yerp. Did we completely avoid fighting EB? Like hell we did, and they can attest to it. We want them in second place and will do just about anything we can to help with that. Why you ask? Because we hate SBI and all their kitteny arrogance with a passion.

2. The Trolls – It’s happening on both SBI and YB (not sure about EB) so get over it. Yes it is pretty bad this match, but there is a lot of bad blood between these servers so what do you expect. There be spies and trolls everywhere.

3. Coverage – QQ MOAR!!!! Seriously though, yer not the only server affected by launch weekends and holidays. We are just more dedicated to kicking your kittens this week.

4. The Results – We knew you guys would crumble as a server once you got your teeth knocked in by us because you thought yourselves so above defeat by YB. Why do you think we were so kitten tenacious about hunting your groups down and taking everything we can in your BL? We aren’t in this match just to win, we are in it to completely demoralize your server all the way till the end (FA seems terribly upset by this, sorry guys but we earned it).

With that out of the way, I would like to give props to the SBI guys who are sticking it out. Not only do we respect your heart in this battle, but you are keeping us from losing our satisfaction in this fight. It would really suck if SBI completely rolled over for the rest of the week. And EB, you guys need to step it up a notch. 2nd place has been practically gift wrapped for you and we know you have the forces to pull it off.

The enemy is one, you are one. What is there to fear? Cast off your fear. Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die.

Satsugeisha
Yaks’ Bend
The Sixth Degree {TSD}

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Wait until you see the picture book we’ve put together of Arif Q: Lord of Wall Rams, King of Wasted Supply, Krewe of One Too Many.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Lol, you know the smart play is for Ebay and BP to have a 2 v1 against Yaks. Yaks is clearly the strongest server of the 3.

But I think they hate each other too much. I doubt Ebay and BP can bury the hatchet to pull it off.

You are correct…we hate BP with a passion. The arrogance more than a few SBI show (I’m cool with those of you showing logic and understanding at the 2v1, hope to see you in battle) is exactly what BP shows often, which we had to deal with for months. We’d easily do another alliance with YB to make sure BP is in last place, or at least trailing behind YB.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lastrites.5286

Lastrites.5286

Yak’s Bend: 325 927
Borlis Pass: 182 085 (Had a lot to say at the beginning of the match too.)
Ehmry Bay: 194 532

Well to those that run their mouths seem to end up the same way.

Lastritês – Primi Agminis Legio [PAL]
Yak’s Bend Community Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

What can we say, everybody hates servers that are so full of themselves. Though if they’ve gotten better since then, we may get 3rd place this time. Only next week will tell. Hopefully they’ve gotten better so we can see newer tactics that we can grow accustomed to. And if we lose, well, I’ll congratulate them on the win…as long as they don’t chest thump too hard.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

What can we say, everybody hates servers that are so full of themselves. Though if they’ve gotten better since then, we may get 3rd place this time. Only next week will tell. Hopefully they’ve gotten better so we can see newer tactics that we can grow accustomed to. And if we lose, well, I’ll congratulate them on the win…as long as they don’t chest thump too hard.

Ok for all you guys that are on about how we “lord” things over people and treat them badly, take a look at our last match.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/11-1-SBI-IoJ-YB/page/7

oh and

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/10-25-SBI-EB-NSP/page/3

most of it looks like good natured ribbing and people having fun.

guess the hate runs deeper than that for w/e reason.. sorry to hear it.

(edited by Adahilia.3678)

in Match-ups

Bass.1697

Awesome. Another one of your spies stealing supply. Thought they;d be over doing this by now.

Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

Push harder Ebay. I want to see you guys finish second. If you do, that’ll push YB into league 2nd. YB, you should be helping ebay out! Win win for both of you

(I’m not from YB or EB or SBI. Actually I’m from BP, so feels a little weird cheering EB on. But this league upset is amazing!)

Champion Hunter

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

Push harder Ebay. I want to see you guys finish second. If you do, that’ll push YB into league 2nd. YB, you should be helping ebay out! Win win for both of you

(I’m not from YB or EB or SBI. Actually I’m from BP, so feels a little weird cheering EB on. But this league upset is amazing!)

lol lets see how much you cheer next week

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sagabatou.1076

Sagabatou.1076

Keep it up EB! You guys are so close to 2nd!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

I am in SBI an after playing all week seems pretty clear YB will win this one,all thanks to there teaming up with EB to form obviously well coordinated attacks at the same time.SBI sittin in SMC to try an defend multiple times attacks from both other servers at same time,watching EB run past YB zerg untouched.pretty obvious YB an EB teamed up to take us down cause they knew they couldn’t do it alone.so congradulations to YB for there shallow victory,cause we all know in a fair fight without EB’s help you never would have bet us

Can we all dispense with this ridiculous straw man? Please?

The game is 1v1v1, and has ALWAYS BEEN. Every single game SBI has played has been vs two other servers just like every game every other server has played. Saying you are only losing because it isn’t 1v1 is like saying, “you are winning now but we would crush you at Tiddlywinks.”

Maybe you would (have you played Tiddlywinks? That puppy is hard!), but it doesn’t matter because WE ARENT PLAYING PUPPY TIDDLYWINKS.

We also aren’t playing a game without siege or strongholds (“Yaks can’t win anything fair they always use siege”). You want 1v1 combat with no rally, rescue or siege? Go play some Call of Duty bro. I hear the fish run away from you.

The only legitimately unfair thing anyone is doing is the griefing, and we’ve all established that certain puppy holes are doing that on both servers.

It’s likewise bull puppy to blast SBI as a “server that only knows how to blob” or complain about them “only running bunker builds.” The game design freaking encourages it.

I love WvW. It could be better, but it is pretty great right now. If the forum warrior crew hates it so much, maybe you should stick with Tiddlywinks.

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend

in Match-ups

Johje Holan.4607

I was thinking, is this the first actual upset that WvW has ever seen?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tsye Kizer.1408

Tsye Kizer.1408

I think it’s good strategy for EBay and YB to gang up on us, it can be beneficial to both of them, even if it can be a damaging to our morale (which it must be, I don’t see the queues I used to). Wars are not won on manpower alone, a bit of diplomacy can change the tide of battle. If EBay and YB are working together, that’s part of the game. The only thing that bugs me is that SBI seems to have become the ‘big bad guy’ when we’re just another server trying to win. How did we become so disliked, a few forum comments aside?

Thief – Razia Alabdulrahman
SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: London.5243

London.5243

Good times in EBBL tonight I know that YB +EB vs SBI = bags. You guys should stay in the towers cuz in the open field… yea bad idea

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

I just want to say: that herm guild name is disgusting.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Naw, far from it…

SBI remembers its history…it’s got one of the most up and down performances of any server. =P

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

Nope, it happens occasionally. Here’s a few examples I can think of from when we were on DH, and I’m sure there are many more:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/46/81
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/46/85
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/46/87
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/46/99

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

I am in SBI an after playing all week seems pretty clear YB will win this one,all thanks to there teaming up with EB to form obviously well coordinated attacks at the same time.SBI sittin in SMC to try an defend multiple times attacks from both other servers at same time,watching EB run past YB zerg untouched.pretty obvious YB an EB teamed up to take us down cause they knew they couldn’t do it alone.so congradulations to YB for there shallow victory,cause we all know in a fair fight without EB’s help you never would have bet us

I’m sorry you are so bitter. It’s ok that you think it’s a shallow win. I’m sorry if your population decided to quit showing up after reset cause they felt they had this one or because there were no karma trains happening and people actually had to work for a win.

I’m sorry it’s hurt your pride.

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

The only thing that bugs me is that SBI seems to have become the ‘big bad guy’ when we’re just another server trying to win. How did we become so disliked, a few forum comments aside?

Personally, I think it is because so many guilds transferred to you for an “easy win” in the leagues. Your forum warriors have just made it worse with the chest thumping and QQ’ing….especially in this match-up.

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Way back when, EBay fell from T4 to T5, and BP moved up to T5 from T6. First time they met BP won. That was a pretty big upset. But Yaks beating SBI here is definitely a big upset as well… Upsets are too few and far between if you ask me though. It sucks going into a matchup and knowing the outcome.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I thought poster meant in league, but it doesn’t say that.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I’m sorry you are so bitter. It’s ok that you think it’s a shallow win. I’m sorry if your population decided to quit showing up after reset cause they felt they had this one or because there were no karma trains happening and people actually had to work for a win.

I’m sorry it’s hurt your pride.

Color me skeptical, but I have a hunch that you’re not really sorry.

Champion Hunter

in Match-ups

Posted by: RazGerb.6173

RazGerb.6173

Awww Stormblob did you really need to bring your entire server to Ehmry Hills.
If we really did have an alliance YAKS BEND wouldn’t be capping our ENTIRE BL while we are screwing with SBI’s Ultra Blob in Hills. Not taking 2nd place if this happens.
I did enjoy farming the Constant stream of Stormblobs, it will take more strategy to take us down.

Have fun Blobbing SBI.
We Blob Hard and Still lose [SBI]

Legendary RazGerb|Razris|Razgrox|Razxerius|Razalos
RazGerb The Machine/Tempest/Inferno
~The Best Rager Ranger NA~

(edited by RazGerb.6173)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tsye Kizer.1408

Tsye Kizer.1408

The only thing that bugs me is that SBI seems to have become the ‘big bad guy’ when we’re just another server trying to win. How did we become so disliked, a few forum comments aside?

Personally, I think it is because so many guilds transferred to you for an “easy win” in the leagues. Your forum warriors have just made it worse with the chest thumping and QQ’ing….especially in this match-up.

I suppose. I’ve been with SBI since I started playing, I’ve seen guilds transfer in, and transfer out, and transfer in. I’m pretty used to things changing at break neck speeds. One thing I have to say about this matchup, nobody can say it hasn’t been interesting. Quite dramatic in fact!

Thief – Razia Alabdulrahman
SBI