Incorrect date given for Twitch Preview?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

DEVELOPER LIVESTREAM – NOVEMBER 13
Take an inside look at the November 12 release with ArenaNet devs during a livestream on our Twitch channel on Wednesday, November 13, at 12PM PST.

Could you be referring to the 6th or possibly another date? I only ask because a lot of players will have completed the living story meta by the time listed for the Twitch preview. I don’t recall ever seeing something like this done before after a release which is why I’m asking. I could be wrong though.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I think they did this before with the Tequatl Rising update, my guess is that they don’t want to spoil it and wants us to experience it first in-game.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

I think they did this before with the Tequatl Rising update, my guess is that they don’t want to spoil it and wants us to experience it first in-game.

Correct.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Tilion.4062

Tilion.4062

Correct.

And that is a well thought decision I should say.

~~ DragonSeason.com ~~

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Vincent Von Demetri.1450

Vincent Von Demetri.1450

Correct.

Players will have finished the content by then . I’d say at that point it’s more of a review than a preview, kind of pointless. On the upside, fits well with the patch theme.. pointless!

(edited by Vincent Von Demetri.1450)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: kwalle.3674

kwalle.3674

Players will have finished the content by then . I’d say at that point it’s more of a review than a preview, kind of pointless. On the upside, fits well with the patch theme.. pointless!

Only the dedicated/rushed players will have finished it in a day, and most of them don’t need to have a preview of the content to know what’s it all about.

I see the preview more as an intro for casual players/those with little time to get a good grasp on the content before trying it, and not pointless at all!

Sword of Justice [SoJ]
Gunners Hold

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Correct.

Those that rush to finish the content in less than 24 hours most likely don’t need the preview in any case. The entire game does not revolve around hardcore “rush” players.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Vincent Von Demetri.1450

Vincent Von Demetri.1450

You’re both right. The game caters to Casualcore.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: math.6843

math.6843

THE UPDATE IS ABOUT TENGUS WE ALL KNOW IT!! u dont wanna spoil ur new race, hein anet? i’ll keep it secret count on me

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I was wondering the same for two seconds, but in the description it says “inside look”, not “preview”. And I, too, would rather see the new stuff in the game first.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

Correct.

Those that rush to finish the content in less than 24 hours most likely don’t need the preview in any case. The entire game does not revolve around hardcore “rush” players.

I have a feeling that this content is gong to be something we can’t finish in a day, kinda like Teq how they expected him to be downed in a few weeks and it took us a few days, except this time it will be a nightmare to complete :P crosses fingers

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

IDK but I loved the real “previews” I love knowing what Im getting into, I ts not that Im missing out on the surprise, but I just like being informed more than “Oh a suprisehow exciting”.

But Im one of those ppl that will find out the ending to a story before even reading/watching no matter what.

I will miss the 1 day ahead previews.

SAB or RIOT