Tower Travel Golems resetted?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: ThroneOfGWII.7801

ThroneOfGWII.7801

Is this intended?
I have to travel each level again?
Although I usually do travel the tower by foot to farm chambers and mobs,
but I actually wanted to bypass 1st and 2nd since no one around for the events

Edit: noticed also areas i visited are not mapped for me too (FOW)
Did I miss a notice? Dev?

(edited by ThroneOfGWII.7801)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Argiope.2704

Argiope.2704

I’m having the same issue is this intended?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

Same issue here. Can’t port to floors 2 or 3 even though I had previously unlocked them.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: bargamer.1762

bargamer.1762

Ditto. I was in a good zerg, so I got them re-discovered, but was still kinda annoying.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Jake.5741

Jake.5741

Same here…yet another unnecessary issue

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Garuthen.4160

Garuthen.4160

Not only did they reset the golems, but my tower diver achievement was also reset. Where was the warning that they were going to just up and negate everything that we have done? Definitely have a sour taste in my mouth after this crap.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Golems reset for me & bf as well. I doubt it’s intentional, but that it doesn’t make it any easier to slog through this whole place now that nobody’s in it.

I should be writing.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: dejavu.5031

dejavu.5031

Same here. Cannot use teleport golems. AP still there .

I survived the Searing, died and was ascended, ended the affliction plague, killed a God and
saw the dwarfs turn into stone, AMA!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

same problem, but I doubt anet will fix it

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Scarlet Dragon.1352

Scarlet Dragon.1352

I’m having this issue as well. It makes the other achievements difficult to complete now.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Langdon Keene.7125

Langdon Keene.7125

It’s been long enough since this issue has occurred and yet we still hear nothing from ANet. Is there anyone from ANet that has an answer?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Tom Deluxe.9105

Tom Deluxe.9105

I’m having the same problem. I wanted to help some guild members gain the achievements but it seems that Bug Wars 2 strikes again

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Mishoo.6297

Mishoo.6297

A daily achievement concerning 20 mobs at 3rd level of the tower – and they are just a few (aether dudes) – and reset of the traveling golems?! Are you serious? What can I say… new color: Lame.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Still fairly easy to get your teleport access back if you swap between highly populated servers (guesting) to bypass the events. Most of the time one of them as the event completed.

A daily achievement concerning 20 mobs at 3rd level of the tower – and they are just a few (aether dudes) – and reset of the traveling golems?! Are you serious? What can I say… new color: Lame.

You can do it at the jumping puzzle in Gendarran. Just make sure to have leap skills, the teleport gun, or whatever to bypass the bugged jump pads.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Invisible Pete.7290

Invisible Pete.7290

I’ll bet that it reset with the monthly reset; still VERY frustrating. It’s difficult to get anywhere since you need to be with a group to navigate the tower, and there are hardly any groups going into the tower.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: ewhalen.8604

ewhalen.8604

I have the same problem. I can’t progress, and I think most of the others struggling here at level 1 can’t, either. It’s every man for himself, because there are too few for anyone to be able to afford to stop for each other. I couldn’t make it even to a chamber after 30 minutes, so I gave up. Maybe tomorrow there will be more people in on level 1. Or, maybe, I’ll finish up the last achievements by struggling through the Dailies.

(edited by ewhalen.8604)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

The antitoxin will never be fully injected now. I sure as hell am not going all the way up there again when there is nobody else to even finish the events, much less in a timely manner.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Pyx.1906

Pyx.1906

This is just sad.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not only did they reset the golems, but my tower diver achievement was also reset.

This is the thing that concerns me the most. I’ll have to go back and check that my achievement is still there. >.>

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Same issue here, unable to travel to second/third floor

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

same here. hardly anyone doing the tower now and really cba to keep dying my way to the top.

I know bugs can be expected, but to have so many bugs in every single LS is pretty shocking QA imho.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

Same GG anet! Maybe you need a better testing team or a PTR maybe??

in The Nightmare Within

Zaxares.5419

Not only did they reset the golems, but my tower diver achievement was also reset.

This is the thing that concerns me the most. I’ll have to go back and check that my achievement is still there. >.>

Well, the two tower diving achievements were still completed for me, so that’s at least one less thing to worry about. I’m not sure why yours was reset, Garuthen. Maybe contact Support about it.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

From the lack of a reply for Anet I’m just going to go ahead and call this a, “Screw you guys that were affected by this. We don’t care.”

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

well this sucks, I gotta hunt around for a server and hope I get lucky.
I don’t get it.

Sincerly, Me.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Yes. They reset it. Annoying. I’m hoping for a fix soon. If not I’ll ingame ticket it once every 24 hours until fixed.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

The travel golems were changed. We need to actually progress through each level to “earn” each travel golems ability to travel. Make it to the second floor and that golem will work on following trips. I’m assuming that after making it to the second floor and unlocking that golem.

This would have been a nice feature from the start. As an add in, after most players have completed the achievements, it is exceptionally unfair to all the players who don’t play every day and an exceptionally poor choice by the powers that be to implement it now.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

And this is why they should’ve stuck with waypoints.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I doubt I’m going to mess with the tower again if I’ve lost my travel golems. Without the zerg, getting by the champions, especially the champ spider, is way too annoying. And sometimes you want to go to specific floors without going thru the one(s) below.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

All this guesting can’t be a sollution for annoying Content like that, or the total dumbness and egoism of Players, who rush through the Tower, although there would be enough People to actually zerg through with no loss, and then die like stupid Lemmings over and over again, what takes thrice the time a random zerg would Need to climb the top.

You can NOT do the Tower solo or with a handful of People if idiots like mentioned above die over and over again, pull their Mobs into you, AND Count for scaling, which gives you 4 silvery champs in one room, plus a handfull ov normal or Veteran ones… that’s too much considering that maybe only 5 People are fighting while the rest Plays Lemmings for good.

Next time we don’t Need Events blocking the way, but a door that Counts for every single Player (or formed Groups) that require a bunch of items to teleport you through which you can only get by the Monsters in that particular area) to ensure that People HAVE to fight to help themselves and others. Maybe in combination with Events that rewward the last required Piece.

Would be annoying too, but that’d definitely prevent rusthers from just rushing through everything.

Trahearne <3

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

I’m having this issue too. V annoying. Any word from ArenaNet?

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Nope.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

/surprised (/sarcasm)

Did they want people to stop bothering with the tower or something? Thanks.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I wanted to use my 3 keys so I went in … took a while because there wasn’t a zerg but there were at least some nice people I managed to group with and share the pain on the way to the top. I didn’t even think to check my dive achieves. A quick log in to check shows those are intact, though

Tumult, what you describe is exactly how it worked before, from the first day the tower opened. What we’re saying is that our golem waypoints got un-earned even though we’d fought through all the floors in sequence previously.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Krengy.6705

Krengy.6705

same issue here

HoD [ANBU]

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Hey guys,

So, yes unfortunately the travel golems were reset due to the type of progress checks that we place on some types of content. We have a variety of types of progress that we use to track player’s participation in content, from permanent to daily, and in this case the travel golems were set up using a monthly progress type. Since the “Tower of Nightmares” was released on 10/29, that meant that on 11/29, the travel golems would reset progress. There are a number of reasons which are mostly technical that I can’t get into for why we set it up this way, but the short answer is that this is an unfortunate oversight on our part and you have my deepest apologies for the error.

The 12/10 release will resolve this issue.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Hey guys,

So, yes unfortunately the travel golems were reset due to the type of progress checks that we place on some types of content. We have a variety of types of progress that we use to track player’s participation in content, from permanent to daily, and in this case the travel golems were set up using a monthly progress type. Since the “Tower of Nightmares” was released on 10/29, that meant that on 11/29, the travel golems would reset progress. There are a number of reasons which are mostly technical that I can’t get into for why we set it up this way, but the short answer is that this is an unfortunate oversight on our part and you have my deepest apologies for the error.

Hmmm interesting info. Thanks for the reply.

But does:

The 12/10 release will resolve this issue.

mean that the Tower is going away next week? (or at least barring entry/something else that I can’t think of)

in The Nightmare Within

Ayrilana.1396

Chances are everyone will have teleport access again.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The tower will collapse in a few days, so it probably does not matter anymore.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

So meanwhile I can’t do anything more in the tower because I can’t progress beyond the first level due to lack of population in the tower. I assume that the tower will collapse before this “fix” so I won’t be able to complete the achievements. Nice.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in The Nightmare Within

Ayrilana.1396

So meanwhile I can’t do anything more in the tower because I can’t progress beyond the first level due to lack of population in the tower. I assume that the tower will collapse before this “fix” so I won’t be able to complete the achievements. Nice.

Guest onto other servers. I think tomorrows daily reset should bring one of the two daily achievements that requires you to beat the final instance. High populated servers will have people running to the top.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

The patch tomorrow fixes this.. but according to the progress bar.. the tower will be done by tomorrow…

So lame. here I go hopping into the tower thinking I can use my keys before this LS goes away and low and behold… golems reset because ANET thought we would have finished this sooner…..

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in The Nightmare Within

Ayrilana.1396

I think it’ll finish up by this weekend. You still have time.

in The Nightmare Within

Zaxares.5419

Progress will probably slow once the Wintersday update hits. You may have until the weekend, as Ayrilana says, but to be on the safe side, I still recommend going in now and just fighting your way up. (I went in last Sunday to use up all my remaining keys.)

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I was able to get a zerg together and get up there luckily. It was a little frustrating at first. The condition damage in that tower can just be so much, especially when you’re solo or with just 1 or 2 others.

With the LS post today, it’s safe to assume the tower comes down with the patch.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Nathan Gura.3750

Nathan Gura.3750

Is it still possible to get the Tower Hybrid Slayer achievement? I wasn’t able to get to the third floor over the weekend since the things were reset.

EDIT: Just got on and finished the instance, bummer, so much for killing the hybrid one last time

(edited by Nathan Gura.3750)