Trahearne as a boss.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

In defence of Trahreane though, he was the one who sat up the Pact. If he wasn’t there, I doubt the Pact would actually exist. Your character was powerful in the story, but he/she sure didn’t display much negotiation or leadership characteristics.

And being a god is great. Why else do you always having mortals aspiring to be gods but never gods aspiring to become mortal one day?

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

I haven’t seen Trahearne yet. I don’t know if I ever will. But one thing is a definite absolute: someone must post a picture of a dead Trahearne.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

In defence of Trahreane though, he was the one who sat up the Pact. If he wasn’t there, I doubt the Pact would actually exist. Your character was powerful in the story, but he/she sure didn’t display much negotiation or leadership characteristics.

Only because every one but the player was amazed by this mary sue character that every one likes for no apparent reason.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Just fought trahearne recently… ooh it was such fun finally venting my frustration :P

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

And being a god is great. Why else do you always having mortals aspiring to be gods but never gods aspiring to become mortal one day?

Characters have been able to convince anyone so far just with talking. There’s more than one instance of you charmng your way around if you had high enough charisma, or using diplomacy to convince people. There’s hearts you can complete just by convincing people to do things.

Power lust blinds reason. Some people think that having the powers of a god will mean they can do whatever they want and being immortal and stuff like that.

But gods can die, and they are tied to their realms, and have a lot of things to deal with. No days off. No hobbies. All work.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Xae Isareth.1364

Characters have been able to convince anyone so far just with talking. There’s more than one instance of you charmng your way around if you had high enough charisma, or using diplomacy to convince people. There’s hearts you can complete just by convincing people to do things.

Power lust blinds reason. Some people think that having the powers of a god will mean they can do whatever they want and being immortal and stuff like that.

But gods can die, and they are tied to their realms, and have a lot of things to deal with. No days off. No hobbies. All work.

You charmed your way through a few things but getting the 3 orders together would have been beyond you. Realistically anyways. They don’t even know who you are really.

As annoying as Trahearne is, he is a Firstborn, chosen by the Pale Tree to cleanse Orr, and he did study Orr all his life. He isn’t exactly a Mary Sue (who the heck started using that term on the forums need a slap from me, now everyone’s using it like the arrow in the knee joke).

As much as I like my character being all awesome and powerful, sometimes I’d think games need a reality check. Your character is great and all, but he is someone rather insignificant, and rising through the ranks like that from streetrat to commander of the Pact in a matter of what’s likely a couple of years is really quite …… unbelievable. So, as irritating as it is, I do think Trehaerne is more suited for the role than your character is.

In all honesty, the biggest Mary sue in the game is our own characters. He has no personal flaws, knows what to do in every situation, and masters skills and abilities which took others years to perfect after swinging a weapon around a few times. On top of that, he earns titles and ranks as if they’re nothing. I mean, what did you do at Shaemor which the other Seraph soldiers didn’t that made you the ‘Hero of Shaemore’, you didn’t fight the earth elemental alone, Logan and a whole battalion of other soldiers were there too, many of which presumably died or were heavily wounded, and no one gave two kitten s about them.

As for being a god. It really depends, we got quite a few gods in mythology who did nothing but spend their endless days pulling pranks or just doing whatever the heck they wanted. Gods (in games) mostly are just a race of beings who are superior to mortals. What did the six gods of Tyria actually do?

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

as for trahearne, he spent his entire life dedicated to stopping the dragons or at least zhaitan, you not so much. of course he’s in charge and not the player character

Trahearne spent his life researching Orr, not fighting the Dragon. Hell, the whole personal story is basically finishing HIS wyld hunt and has nothing to do with the elder dragon at all. Even then, cleansing Orr did nothing in the battle against Zhaitan and judging Teq and how he got buff recently, it did nothing to the risen at Orr either. Did his knowledge of Orr did anything to help the Pact Soldier? Nope. The Pact Soldier just invade and hell, did a better job in cleansing Orr with the Temple Event than Trahearne could in his life time.

Omg it’s like looking into my own mind.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Ellisande.5218

In all honesty, the biggest Mary sue in the game is our own characters. He has no personal flaws, knows what to do in every situation, and masters skills and abilities which took others years to perfect after swinging a weapon around a few times. On top of that, he earns titles and ranks as if they’re nothing. I mean, what did you do at Shaemor which the other Seraph soldiers didn’t that made you the ‘Hero of Shaemore’, you didn’t fight the earth elemental alone, Logan and a whole battalion of other soldiers were there too, many of which presumably died or were heavily wounded, and no one gave two kitten s about them.

If you are a Sylvari then you aren’t really a Mary Sue. Sylvari are gifted with all the knowledge and skill that they will need to carry out the purpose of their creation when they are being grown. So a new born Sylvari isn’t really compareable to any of the other races who actually have to slowly learn.

Of course that also means that the Sylvari are basically just robots or AIs.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Xae Isareth.1364

If you are a Sylvari then you aren’t really a Mary Sue. Sylvari are gifted with all the knowledge and skill that they will need to carry out the purpose of their creation when they are being grown. So a new born Sylvari isn’t really compareable to any of the other races who actually have to slowly learn.

It’s doesnt work like that I don’t think. For a start, why isn’t every sylvari born equal then? Scarlet is clearly more intellectually superior to most sylvari. They are only given the basics like language and the ability to walk, they learn the rest on their own.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Man, I’ve yet to have any of them, other than Logan (and that was once). Granted, I’ve only done about 8 chambers (got molten beserker twice, and I think the rest have been the vet clockwork nightmare thing). To do your mentor/Trehearne, do you have to have complete the PS? (farthest character so far is on the Arah step)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Man, I’ve yet to have any of them, other than Logan (and that was once). Granted, I’ve only done about 8 chambers (got molten beserker twice, and I think the rest have been the vet clockwork nightmare thing). To do your mentor/Trehearne, do you have to have complete the PS? (farthest character so far is on the Arah step)

The mentor requires you to have completed the first Claw Island event (so I’m told, I’ve also heard you’ve had to have just complete meeting your mentor), for Traherne once he makes you commander is when he can start showing up…. Still haven’t fought Traherne =(

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

It’s doesnt work like that I don’t think. For a start, why isn’t every sylvari born equal then? Scarlet is clearly more intellectually superior to most sylvari. They are only given the basics like language and the ability to walk, they learn the rest on their own.

Sentience has no correlation with equality one way or the other. Not all robots or computers are created equal either, and the reasons can be similar.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

That and he’s the only person who knows how to help Orr and the only one who knows how to use Caladbolg to heal it. =/ Story-wise, if everything was up to the player you wouldn’t have much of a clue on how to stop Zhaitan being a newbie and all, or a Sylvari only a few days old. :x

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

So what did Kormir do? She lead the Sunspears to slaughter, got captured, needed to be rescued then watched as we did all the work from that point on only to be conveniently handed the gift from the gods.

Wrong.

I loved fighting Trehearne, now give me Caladbolg

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

(edited by Falkor.7932)

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Ellisande.5218

The Syvlari wouldn’t be very interesting if they were all the same.

Plus it wouldn’t make sense for all Sylvari to be the same when they are all meant to serve a different function. You don’t give the janitor a desire to be a ballerina or the ballerina a desire to be a janitor. Nor do you give your top scientist the brawn to win the heavy weight boxing championship but not enough brain to get even a C- in astrophysics.

Each Sylvari is created and designed to fill a specific role within the Sylvari role and they are perfectly tailored to fill that role.

If Scarlett is unnaturally bright and inquisitive, then she is only that way because she was designed to be that way.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Ellisande.5218

That and he’s the only person who knows how to help Orr and the only one who knows how to use Caladbolg to heal it. =/ Story-wise, if everything was up to the player you wouldn’t have much of a clue on how to stop Zhaitan being a newbie and all, or a Sylvari only a few days old. :x

If Trahearne wasn’t there then our character would have been the Pact Leader. Trahearne was of no importance in regards to forming the Pact. In fact if it wasn’t for our characters speech then the Pact would have fallen apart before it even formed. The only reason why Trahearne was made leader of the Pact is because he was in the right place at the right time.

As for Trahearne having some special knowledge of Orr, we never see it. And it is unclear what the purpose of such knowledge would be when our quest is to kill a dragon who is a nonnative of Orr. Sure there is some overlap in far as there are undead all over Orr and Zhaitain raises the dead, however that is essentially a superficial similarity.

Trahearne is the Hopper of Guild Wars 2 (CinemaSin’s everything wrong with battleship [the movie] http://youtu.be/1kmatKUBBck?t=1m35s).

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

He was the leader because of his knowledge of Orr and the fact that he was ‘born to help Orr’ for his Wyld Hunt as far as Sylvari culture goes. The fact that he studied Orr his whole life is thrown at you constantly. Being in that dump for so long he probably does deserve the position of leading an Army there. He also had all the connections and knew what NPCs to bring to you for specific needs.

Problem is Anet fails to show an NPC’s true strength in story missions as they keep dying so easily. Considering Trahearne hung out in Orr alone all the time, in reality he should be pretty powerful and able to handle himself.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

He was the leader because of his knowledge of Orr and the fact that he was ‘born to help Orr’ for his Wyld Hunt as far as Sylvari culture goes. The fact that he studied Orr his whole life is thrown at you constantly. Being in that dump for so long he probably does deserve the position of leading an Army there. He also had all the connections and knew what NPCs to bring to you for specific needs.

Problem is Anet fails to show an NPC’s true strength in story missions as they keep dying so easily. Considering Trahearne hung out in Orr alone all the time, in reality he should be pretty powerful and able to handle himself.

Yeah. But they can’t very well have NPCs able to solo entire Risen armies like the player can. Otherwise the Personal Story missions wouldn’t be very fun?

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Midpa.6270

Midpa.6270

The mentor requires you to have completed the first Claw Island event (so I’m told, I’ve also heard you’ve had to have just complete meeting your mentor), for Traherne once he makes you commander is when he can start showing up…. Still haven’t fought Traherne =(

… If this is the case then I am thinking this is more achievement tied then character acknowledgement.

I fought Traherne at least 3 times, 2 of them consecutively in a row, on my necromancer, however they are as far in the personal story in helping the skritt out with my mentor. So my necromancer, being human, hasn’t met Traherne yet.

On the other note I have fully completed the personal story on 3 other characters.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Xae Isareth.1364

If Trahearne wasn’t there then our character would have been the Pact Leader. Trahearne was of no importance in regards to forming the Pact. In fact if it wasn’t for our characters speech then the Pact would have fallen apart before it even formed. The only reason why Trahearne was made leader of the Pact is because he was in the right place at the right time.

As for Trahearne having some special knowledge of Orr, we never see it. And it is unclear what the purpose of such knowledge would be when our quest is to kill a dragon who is a nonnative of Orr. Sure there is some overlap in far as there are undead all over Orr and Zhaitain raises the dead, however that is essentially a superficial similarity.

Trahearne is the Hopper of Guild Wars 2 (CinemaSin’s everything wrong with battleship [the movie] http://youtu.be/1kmatKUBBck?t=1m35s).

The thing is though, what makes our characters qualify to lead the Pact? Look at humans for example, up to probably about a year or less before you joined the Pact, you had no interest in the dragons, let alone knowledge to defeat one. Also mind the fact that your character isn’t anyone special, he was just really a common adventurer, the 3 Orders suddenly acting on your command would be like the FBI, the CIA and MI5 suddenly started doing what a random guy who walked into the room told them.

Trehearne was given cleansing Orr as his life’s purpose, he studied Orr all his life, as well as being a powerful Firstborn.

If our characters became the leader of the Pact, the storyline would’ve felt even more unpalatable than it is already.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: kourtbard.4579

kourtbard.4579

I had to kill Tybalt on my mesmer

This is where I’d be, “NOPE” and wipe.

:(

Yeah, I’d rather fall on my sword than fight Tybalt. Forgal? Sure, I’ll fight him. Sieran? Definitely, she annoys the kitten out of me, but Tybalt? Nooooo.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I had Tybalt like 20 times now. And still no Trahearne ha ha. Must really be rare that Trahearne and your Destiniys Edge guy.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Xae Isareth.1364

I find it strange that you dont fight Tonn. Out of every character that died in the PS, he’s the one character which the player will definitely remorse over.

Trahearne as a boss.

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

the Spider Queen

We don’t speak the name of that boss. I tried 4-manning it with some guildies and it was a nice tall glass of nope.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!