Option to "Hide" chest armor!!

in Norn

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

After all, we’re NORNS!

I think beside hide helm/shoulders we should add in the option to hide CHEST armor. This would play really well into the norn culture; barechested manly fighters able to show off their awesome cultural tattoos.

Here’s my Norn thief as an example:

Attachments:

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Norn

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Agreed. At the moment I am only seeing about 40% boobage on my Norn. I want 100% boobage. Now.

in Norn

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

If you want to go bare-chestedly, what’s stopping you? Just take off your clothes.

As a true Norn, I’m sure you’re hardcore enough to go without the extra protection.

in Norn

Posted by: Shard.4791

Shard.4791

Mm. I like turtles.

in Norn

Posted by: Anglvamp.5632

Anglvamp.5632

Wow, who do I have to crush to get those armors added?

And I would totally support a hide chest armor button.

^.^

in Norn

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I actually did run for a long time shirtless in tPvP as a Norn, and a Human.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Norn

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

There is this chest, but I don’t know which one is it. That screenshot was taken on WvW.

Attachments:

in Norn

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

i’m using the pit fighter as well cuz i like to show off tatoos and my char bigness. Tough a bare chest or “hide part of chest armor” would be much appreciated

in Norn

Posted by: Malekkai.9546

Malekkai.9546

By the Spirit of Bear! You make me laugh!

A True Norn does not hide that which protects him so as to appear mighty.

A True Norn fully removes his chest armor. Throws it and his weapons into the Maw of a Giant Frost Wurm, and then RETRIEVES HIS ITEMS.

For A True Norn does not hide behind the protection of Numbers, Stats, or Runes. He opens his heart up to blunt force trauma, and then embraces it as he would his own child!

Norn UP, you coward!

in Norn

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I would like such an option as well.

I know some people will abuse it, but I’ve seen people going around shirtless (and pants-less) already. I doubt we’ll see anything we’ve not seen before.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Norn

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

Invisible dye.

in Norn

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

This is an option in AoC and made sense for the Barbarians to me. However it also required a mature rating be applied to the game…that and the fact they got a bit carried away with the blood and combo animations. You could actually cause heads to fly in that game when hitting the combo right.

But since it seems to be mainly America that dictates these things, I am betting the censors were more skeered of the bewbs than the violence.

Regardless I agree this should definitely be an option.

TC

in Norn

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

^.^

Love that Norn female armor!

TC

in Norn

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

I would also like this option, we can hide every other piece of upper body armour, why not he chest

in Norn

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Well, if you’re a warrior or a guardian Norn, you can get “Berserker’s Pit Fighter Chest of Balthazar”.
Got it for my Wyradmur, but unfortunately when I was level 70. Now I need to get me some of those fine transmutation stones And probably a matching Pit Fighter’s leg armor too, to have a full set

Attachments:

in Norn

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Or just use the racial armors:

Attachments:

in Norn

Posted by: SinerAthin.2374

SinerAthin.2374

I would like such an option as well.

I know some people will abuse it, but I’ve seen people going around shirtless (and pants-less) already. I doubt we’ll see anything we’ve not seen before.

REAL NORNS DON’T NEED ARMOR!

What are you hiding!? :P

in Norn

Posted by: Ddublu.7504

Ddublu.7504

I agree with this so much; doesn’t just benefit Norns. Fits Charr Males well too.

in Norn

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

^.^

Love that Norn female armor!

Ah, the good old days of GW1 Norn baring all. But I agree, I’d like a toggle for chest pieces, but right now I’m coping. My medium male norn has I think T2 armor, which is pretty much just sleeves and a back.
Counter argument to not allowing toggle on chest armor, as some people have proven in this thread alone, some people just want to stare at cyber ahems. (Guilty as charged, since my ele is in CoE armor, but still)
My suggestion is just more Norny armor, reminiscient of GW1 days.

in Norn

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Counter argument to not allowing toggle on chest armor, as some people have proven in this thread alone, some people just want to stare at cyber ahems. (Guilty as charged, since my ele is in CoE armor, but still)

To be fair, “feathered” is already arguably more revealing than the underwear top is for light armor females, aside from the fact that it has sleeves.

Attachments:

in Norn

Posted by: Psychotique.5298

Psychotique.5298

We Charr players want the option to hide chest armor as well. Burly Charr Soldiers of the Blood Legion have every right to bear their chests to the enemy!

in Norn

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

Tho, charrs are not so “hardcore” as norns are. They are soldiers and they know what is needed to protect them from harm. They are bloodthirsty, relentless warriors, but most of all – they are soldiers with common sense.

Bare chests are feature for norns, for sure. But… I disagree. This option would be for all. What would we see? A friggin’ asuras, sylvari, norn and human females with “bare” chests. As long as I have nothing against “bare” chests on females, as I do have against some kind of “wrong” things in this game. Come on, people! Haven’t you heard enough about erp in this game?!

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

in Norn

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

I would totally opt for more norn armor like in ther first game. That is what I thought as soon as I got the game and made my male norn, “Why the heck is my chest covered!” I would not go as far as to do a hide chest because it would have to be available for all races and gender. It would only fit on Norn guys, at least to keep it T. The actually did not use the armor is the posted picture above but used this.
http://www.wallpaperhi.com/thumbnails/detail/20120302/video%20games%203d%20guild%20wars%20eye%20of%20the%20north%20jora%20guild%20wars%201600x1200%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_3.jpg

I used this for my norn Gurdian for awhile.
I am thinking of switching to the second screen now, Or just do Brahams heavy armor.

Attachments:

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

in Norn

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I would love this option in game.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Norn

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I have always been appreciative of medium norn having the option of cultural showoffness, so I wouldn’t have to resort to extra challenge like I had to for my human’s design.

But, either way… Skin showing off has never been an issue. Females (and males with the right choice) can pretty much prance about in underwear for all it matters. Neither the “we are prudes, so no” nor the “but it makes no sense with the lore!” stand in the way any longer.
I am looking at you, female light armors.

Attachments:

in Norn

Posted by: Autumn Man.6852

Autumn Man.6852

Oh my, those are sexy as kitten. I hope they’ll add them, but I suppose the female one isn’t possible since 90% of the female community would quit Guild Wars 2 if they released it.

in Norn

Posted by: LadyMari.7920

LadyMari.7920

Wow old thread…

I disagree that female players would quit with such armor. My main is a norn female ranger and I’ve been complaining these past years that I don’t have armor that lets me show off my tattoos! I have shoulder, back, and leg tattoos for a reason and no one ever gets to see them. I would like more revealing armors for my norn (no more trenchcoats!).

in Norn

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I’m with the above poster there! However, I think many players don’t see past human… like, they’re not humans from our world with all that tiresome clothes stigma. They are Norn, and for them clothes is mostly to drive home a point. To embellish a ‘legend’, or to honour a spirit… or indeed to show off awesome tattoos.

in Norn

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

would be cool… I want more GW1 stlye, bear-chested Norn gear.