400 baubles to continue?

400 baubles to continue?

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Did anyone discover if there was a free torch like how we got the candle for free, or if there was another way around the frozen waterfall? I find it hard to believe that there’s just an arbitrary 400 baubles that you have to grind for. Is there some rationale for this or is it just something we have to accept?

Also, wanted to say I’m disappointed that the Anet devs missed out a great opportunity. Near the start of the level are some hillbillies with moonshine, and if you break the moonshine it explodes in a ring of fire. Would have been awesome if that would have also melted the waterfall. Didn’t work though.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

You can farm them in ten minutes in W1-1 just look for some chests / secret rooms / good digging places.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

You can farm them in ten minutes in W1-1 just look for some chests / secret rooms / good digging places.

Are you sure? I’m in a similar situation as the topic starter, I’m going for w1 achievements atm and I need to grind 400~ more bubbles to get the whip & slingshot for the achie. The chest I opened had only a single baubble in it & the digging spots on dulfy are not working anymore…

So far the only way I found is to speed clear w1z1 repeatedly, very frustrating if you ask me..

400 baubles to continue?

Sina.9208

I just don’t understand this, initially I really liked SAB, I thought it was fun, but the current achievement grind really ruins it for me.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Are you sure? I’m in a similar situation as the topic starter, I’m going for w1 achievements atm and I need to grind 400~ more bubbles to get the whip & slingshot for the achie. The chest I opened had only a single baubble in it & the digging spots on dulfy are not working anymore…

So far the only way I found is to speed clear w1z1 repeatedly, very frustrating if you ask me..

Digging spots are once per day per account, and they don’t work in infantile mode. As for their locations, they are the same (dug up all my normal ones last night when I reran World 1).

I just don’t understand this, initially I really liked SAB, I thought it was fun, but the current achievement grind really ruins it for me.

I don’t necessarily mind achievement grinds. What I hate more is the infuriating rapids and length of world 2 (have only done world 2 zone 1 so far, took about 2 hours, might take 1 hour if I can do the piranha bend faster now and the final log waterfall). And the fact that chests/digs are once per account per day now.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

400 baubles to continue?

Aegael.6938

It’s not even for the achievements, I believe you literally need a slingshot and torch to continue. If there were some decent ways to make baubles I guess I wouldn’t mind, but they nerfed pretty much all of our sources.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: matthewr.3980

matthewr.3980

Pretty much they removed all the baubles scattered across the world and stashed them in random nooks where most people won’t find them.

FUN! jk :/

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

Pretty much they removed all the baubles scattered across the world and stashed them in random nooks where most people won’t find them.

FUN! jk :/

Er, there were never that many “scattered across the world” in the first place. Most of them were always hidden.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Older games had something like this so it’s fair to have it in this game. It doesn’t take that long to farm that many.

400 baubles to continue?

Sina.9208

Were this a single player game I would be looking for the infinite baubbles cheat for sure.

Older games had something like this so it’s fair to have it in this game. It doesn’t take that long to farm that many.

Are you suggesting that forcing me to farm roughly 1000 baubbles with repeating w1-1 is a good design move? Sure you could argue that I could just run the whole thing from the beginning to the king toad & get a whooping 70 buabbles in 20 mins, but that still this is not what this game should be about. In older games you had to grind at times yes, but not by repeating levels..

(edited by Sina.9208)

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: matthewr.3980

matthewr.3980

I don’t think there is a single “you must have this item to go further” block in World 1. World 2 seems to be littered with them.

Good job designers?

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Depends on how many characters you want to upgrade.
Since its now once per day, all 7-8 of my other characters that I ran before I have no reason to upgrade them anymore.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

400 baubles to continue?

Aegael.6938

Older games have plenty of things I’m sure none of us would like to see come back. That doesn’t mean we have to have them.

Most older games also disallowed you from straight up buying items that you needed to continue, you had to go through long dungeons to find what you needed. I’d be perfectly fine with that.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

… except that you can only earn them daily, and the amounts that they were from the first iteration of SAB have been halved or more?

Go check under the leaf in W1Z2, that 50 bauble is now a 20. A good portion of 20’s are now 5’s… it’s the great bubble depression.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

400 baubles to continue?

Ayrilana.1396

And you can get around 800 quickly in World 1 by digging. I only say the torch thing in World 2 as being necessary to melt the ice. The hand doesn’t count as you get that just by progressing.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: CeNedro.7560

CeNedro.7560

W1,1 you can easily get 50 Baubles in a few seconds- just take the key next to the waterfall, run to the second chest(=20 baubles) and take the secret room(=20 baubles); Next to the chest are 5 baubles and on the way is another room with 5 baubles. → Repeat <- So did I got my baubles qick after I noticed they nerved my digging locations (now it feels like a chore and stupid grind to get baubles >.<).

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: Banatine.3691

Banatine.3691

I’ve always found that line of logic amusing. it’s like saying that older games weren’t fun, so it’s fine that current games aren’t made to be fun either

Just because it was done before, doesn’t mean it needs to be done again. There’s a reason why most games have an ‘easy mode’ now…

400 baubles to continue?

Ayrilana.1396

SAB is a tribute to older games. You’re mistaken to not expect aspects of those games to be included.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Wow dude. SAB is a whole tribute to older games, that doesn’t mean there is a need to make it EXACTLY like them, there’s a reason it EVOLVED, and that’s because it was stupid.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

400 baubles to continue?

Ayrilana.1396

And nowhere did I say exactly.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

the best spot ATM is to farm the baubles from the honeycomb in w1z3 at the start of the level right after the fly traps before the first checkpoint. It takes 3 mins and you get 30-40 baubles. rinse and repeat.

this is the only spot from the original sab that isnt bauble nerfed. Dig spots i think are all once per day now.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

400 baubles to continue?

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

Gotta admit, they’ve done a good job copying the frustration of NES games- deaths that make no sense, poor camera angles on early 3D attempts, hit detection boxes that are way off, platforms that aren’t in sync to where you can actually stand.

Good job Anet!