Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

All achievements count.

Except infant and Tribulation.

Bugged Master of Baubles, World 2 Achievement

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: Chris Starflame.1023

Chris Starflame.1023

It’s the PR guys fault! Josh Foreman (One of the main creators of the box) would have responded to us about this if he hadn’t been told to stop posting on the forums so much(Because other people at Anet don’t want to have to post as much as him.).

“Fire the gun, Cobiah”
“Physics will do the rest.”

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Someone I know managed to find the issue causing this bug. It was reported straight away, so maybe we can expect it to be fixed soon.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All achievements count.

Tribulation is its own set so of course not. I thought infantile did?

Mikuchan.7261

Someone I know managed to find the issue causing this bug. It was reported straight away, so maybe we can expect it to be fixed soon.

I’m very curious how that issue was found and what it may be.
Care to share?
Would be a good read while waiting.

Ayrilana.1396

Which was?

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

They may not want to say because they used less than normal ways to figure out where the missing items were…

Regardless, I hope it gets resolved.

(edited by CMF.5461)

Posted by: Daala.4258

Daala.4258

Please PR guys, bring the “old” Josh Foreman back! We really liked the way he was communicating with us. Now we’re stuck at this achivement and even have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes.

CMF.5461

Of course, if someone really did find the missing baubles and completed the achievement, it would be nice to show/explain where they were and maybe a screenshot of finishing it?

Because we got hit by the BS flag before.

noobgood.8762

@Mikuchan, @Ayrilana: Some of the already collected baubles apparently respawn. That’s why you can’t get the achievement in the end, they won’t count as collected.

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

This update is the first one I can remember that I didn’t have all achies done 5 days in. Now due to bugs or content amount is another question

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

Posted by: Pandamonium.8035

Pandamonium.8035

Devs can’t count. Looks like someone needs to go… back to school.

Mikuchan.7261

@Mikuchan, @Ayrilana: Some of the already collected baubles apparently respawn. That’s why you can’t get the achievement in the end, they won’t count as collected.

So if you get them all and then go back, some will still be there?
That sounds very strange, are you sure you didn’t just miss some?

noobgood.8762

No. There was even a chest where baubles (also) respawned, and the chest was opened.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I’ve seen some players around with Honors in Applied Jumping. That would imply that it IS possible to complete Master of Baubles World 2, unless they got it in the early days when it wasn’t bugged? (IF it is bugged now.)

I have all the achievements except baubles and secret rooms for W2Z3, and I have the Honors title.

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Is there a thread already comparing notes on baubles yet? I cant find it Just so we can make sure someone hasnt found it yet and doesnt find another one ^^

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

All achievements count.

Tribulation is its own set so of course not. I thought infantile did?

Infantile (Baby’s Second Super Adventure) doesn’t count. When I got that achievement, my total towards the meta didn’t go up. However, you can get most of the other achievements in infantile mode, except for the one to beat all the zones in normal.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Is there a thread already comparing notes on baubles yet? I cant find it Just so we can make sure someone hasnt found it yet and doesnt find another one ^^

Basically been discussed to death in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/sab-bts/Bauble-Checklist-for-W2-Z3-INCOMPLETE/first already, but none of us have been able to locate the last supposedly missing bauble(s).

Still got a finger on it being bugged, though that one Gatekeeper door we can’t open at third chest is of course interesting. But then again, that door may just as well be a bug for all we know. Or perhaps it’s a door we can only open once we get another upgrade (and/or learn a different song not available in this release), like the blocked off upgrade in World 2 – Zone 2 seemingly requiring the final stage of the Glove.

Just wish someone at ArenaNet could let us know if they are looking into this or not. It’s been several days without any communication now.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Yasi.9065

Thanks so much for posting Absconditus Now Im feeling slightly stupid… the thread being named “Bauble checklist” ^^

Absconditus.6804

A thread easily overlooked, especially with the Search on the forums seemingly being out of service completely (I can’t search for anything at least), and it had fallen back a page (or was it two?). Let’s see how long it takes before we get any sort of feedback from anyone involved in the SAB release.

On-topic: How hard can it be to just confirm that it is/isn’t bugged. If that door at the third chest has an alternative way to be opened, or if it’s a bugged asset that should never be opened, and so on forth. This stupid achievement is honestly making me not want to play their game at all right now, more so because there’s no feedback at all to our valid questions about it. Haven’t even logged in these past couple days, and losing interest to do so at all quickly.

Off-topic: Not a single one of these bi-weekly updates has made me not rage at the game, get frustrated, angry and annoyed with it, and not because it’s not been overall good content, but because of issues with every single bi-weekly update so far. It’s killing the game for me at this rate.

Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

CMF.5461

As we speak I just picked up the first set of baubles…will wait, an hour? and post back to see if they respawned.

Currently 11:17 per posting timer.

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

I think they really did wrong by muting Josh…you could tell he wrote with his soul, and believed everything he said, and I think we need more of that in the video gaming industry, not less; to have muted him through his forum interaction was a mistake because he not only was one of the most reactive designers on the forums I’ve ever seen, but he also knew full well (and admitted it) when things didn’t live up to his expectations.

Not everyone has to emulate Blizzard’s completely vapid CM response style. It makes it come off like you don’t really care when there’s no ‘voice’ to your writing, whitewashing all of your interactions to just tell the facts, and to put no emotion into what you say. Josh had it right, and those above him have it wrong.

Now, we’re at this point where we have absolutely no interaction on this sub-forum, because the person who cared the most has been censured from his own beloved project.

How is that better? For the players who have to suffer in silence instead of actually getting a response from someone who obviously cares a great deal for the content? Players have wasted hundreds of hours trying to get this one achievement and have absolutely nothing to show for it, not even an acknowledgement that there’s an issue.

How is this okay? How is this better for the community, to think that the only person who really cared got cut off at the knees because the higher-ups were scared that there was the possibility of it looking poorly on them.

Utterly contemptible.

Josh wrote that he was worried that they lost players, maybe forever, because of the way his content was received, and maybe that happened.

But worse? Worse is when we come to the forums, trying to lay out exactly what an issue is that should have been caught in QA, hoping that we can help fix the games we all love to play, and getting radio silence back. That frustrates players into thinking they’re right in not needing to come back, when people don’t care enough to even acknowledge the problem.

Posted by: Exiled.5906

Exiled.5906

No. There was even a chest where baubles (also) respawned, and the chest was opened.

Wait, what? Which chest? If there really is one, that’s exploitable. If people start exploiting it and collect baubles from it over and over, they might patch it straight away. They’re usually really quick to patch anything exploitable.

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Wait, what? Which chest? If there really is one, that’s exploitable. If people start exploiting it and collect baubles from it over and over, they might patch it straight away. They’re usually really quick to patch anything exploitable.

they also typically ban the exploiters :p

Yasi.9065

Cant be first chest… Ive been there a few times over the last few hours while searching for the last elusive little bauble.
Maybe they only respawn when new players enter instance? But that would be even worse, because it would mean I really am missing one bauble

And I have to admit, missing this one achievement keeps me from enjoying SAB. Everytime I log my character for SAB it reminds me of that missing achievement and I feel forced to go search for baubles again… and I log out again.
Yes, I know Im OCD, but darn… I just dont like not being able to finish something.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

CMF.5461

12:35, just ran through the first half after over an hour of waiting. No remarkable respawn of baubles noted.

AFK for another hour for more testing….although at this point I wonder why people get such enjoyment over spreading false rumors…

(edited by CMF.5461)

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

So is this confirmed bugged? I mean why isn’t it fixed then? There have been other fixes where this was not included. Maybe not a bug but a very well hidden bauble? Maybe a dev should give an answer here.

Yasi.9065

That’s exactly what we try to get here

CMF.5461

About another hour since originally picking up the baubles, no respawn of any of the first set of baubles that I picked up nor either for the 2 chests.

Exiled.5906

About another hour since originally picking up the baubles, no respawn of any of the first set of baubles that I picked up nor either for the 2 chests.

Maybe it’s a false rumor then, or just happens randomly. Thanks for giving it a try and letting us know.

Posted by: Sargon.9048

Sargon.9048

I’ve tried this also.. at this point this is the only SAB achievement I dont have.. it was a great update, but I really wanted to get that achievement.. it has to be bugged.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Anet… Care to jump in soon? A simple confirmation whether this is us or you?

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

CMF.5461

About 3 hours later, no respawn. I am satisfied with the answer that the first half of w2/z3 does not respawn.

Second half, is easier to test as you can back track that half if need be. So I will not bother to test that section… Just wanted to give piece of mind that we didn’t have to finish the zone in a required amount of time and that we could back track to the second half to pick up any possible respawns and not completely fail the achievement if slow.

Ayrilana.1396

About 3 hours later, no respawn. I am satisfied with the answer that the first half of w2/z3 does not respawn.

Second half, is easier to test as you can back track that half if need be. So I will not bother to test that section… Just wanted to give piece of mind that we didn’t have to finish the zone in a required amount of time and that we could back track to the second half to pick up any possible respawns and not completely fail the achievement if slow.

Thank you for checking.

Posted by: TDWIG.9712

TDWIG.9712

I honestly expected a response by now… this achievement is driving me crazy c:

Absconditus.6804

It is likely to be a random bug if anything else, and I do recall I thought I had picked up a bauble that I did find again, but.. perhaps I just wrote it down as I was going through, then forgot to actually walk into it and grab it. It could otherwise just be a random bug, like when you’re running around in Normal mode, then suddenly start seeing Infantile checkpoint flags, clouds and/or rainbow paths that’s not really there, I’ve had that happen on more than one occasion at least, and not just in Zone 3. For that matter I often see barrels I’ve exploded/broken for supplies re-appearing without being able to interact with them again in the various zones. Might be something like that too, a bauble you can’t actually get again, a visual bug.

A bit frustrating to see that a happy topic (super adorable though) has gotten a dev response within a short period of time, while topics like this is completely ignored. Is that what the higher-ups are saying? Pretend negative things don’t exist? All we want is a simple “We’re looking into it”.

Let me also say that I think Josh and his team has done an amazing job on SAB, and SAB remains some of the best content I think Guild Wars 2 has gotten (why I want it in there permanently, instead of a temporary “here for a period of time” re-occuring thing (e.g., I’d love to be able to speedrun it throughout the year(s), and just generally have fun when I feel like it in there)), and they’ve usually been quick and good with responding to issues and concerns—but this time around, for whatever reason it may be, it seems they just aren’t responding to this specific concern we are having with the Master of Baubles, World 2 achievement. The lack of feedback to our concerns regarding this, is making me disappointed, it’s making me not have fun, it’s making me annoyed. I haven’t even logged in to GW2 these past 3 days, purely because of this lack of feedback making me so disappointed with the game.

Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

TDWIG.9712

So the month is almost halfway over, and still no feedback from devs on this issue. This is getting a bit scary.

Ayrilana.1396

Find a link between a gem store item and the bugged achievement. Only then will you receive an instantaneous response.

Yasi.9065

I cant remember… but did we have to pick up all baubles AND kill boss/cage or only pick up all baubles without having to kill boss/cage?
Might be something simple like game “forgets” we picked up all baubles when we port to storm wizard.

Well, it would at least be nice to get a feedback if it’s even really bugged, or if we are just all plain too stupid to find last bauble.
It annoys the heck out of me, and it’s never a good thing to annoy your customers.

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

We have to pick up all baubles AND kill boss/cage.

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Absconditus.6804

Find a link between a gem store item and the bugged achievement. Only then will you receive an instantaneous response.

That or find something adorable to attach it too. To be fair, we don’t really know that the achievement is bugged, but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t at least let us know it isn’t. Considering the vast majority of us seem to agree that it seemingly is.

Seafarer’s Rest

TDWIG.9712

Looks like josh just said this would be fixed in tomorrow’s patch… we’ll see!

Posted by: betterJS.4567

betterJS.4567

Anyone get it yet? I am scared to have my hopes dashed in another attempt…

Posted by: Little.1635

Little.1635

finally got mine

Exiled.5906

got mine yesterday after patch

Attachments:

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

got mine yesterday after patch

Once more into the bre… ox, dear friends, once more

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Does anyone know if once you pick up a bauble, and get disconnected, do you have to go back and retrieve that bauble to get the achievement? Basically do you have to grab all the baubles in a zone in one session, or does the game count the ones you already picked up in earlier sessions?

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Does anyone know if once you pick up a bauble, and get disconnected, do you have to go back and retrieve that bauble to get the achievement? Basically do you have to grab all the baubles in a zone in one session, or does the game count the ones you already picked up in earlier sessions?

If you start the zone all over, you have to pick them all up again.
In case you were in there with a friend, and after reconnecting into the same instance, it may be possible that it’s different, but I don’t think so.

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

If you start the zone all over, you have to pick them all up again.
In case you were in there with a friend, and after reconnecting into the same instance, it may be possible that it’s different, but I don’t think so.

Thanks, I finally got Master of Baubles for world 2; disconnects are the worst.