Celestial gear is ruined

Celestial gear is ruined

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: BLACKACE.2701

BLACKACE.2701

My story is as hereunder:

I made six baskets of some vegetable from my work-done at certain cost.
One day, the governors take one kind of vegetable from each of my basket without any price.
They said it is the new rule.
Ok, you are the Gods of this tiny world.
Ok, I think I have the freedom begging your kindness to make me-us easy?

Good luck to our Gods.

Thanks for reading.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

One day, the governors take one kind of vegetable from each of my basket without any price.

Good luck to our Gods.

Thanks for reading.

As far as celestial goes, I think this is a more appropriate analogy:

I make six baskets of vegetables and have some odd fruits also.
The governor takes my odd fruit and leaves me my vegetables.
Vegetables go unchanged.
The Governor then gives me riper fruit.

Giving more effective stats in place of MF is not balanced.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Good luck to our Gods.

Thanks for reading.

Vegetables go unchanged.

Except it was balanced to have MF as well – exactly like the other MF items. Thus removing it without giving anything else makes it subpar.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

give it condition duration and boon duration

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Good luck to our Gods.

Thanks for reading.

Vegetables go unchanged.

You forgot that the governor gives EVERYONE the riper fruit, and only your vegetables are left rotting, while other vegetables are replaced with fresh ones.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

Well, they had to screw someone over with the patch who spent lots of time and money on something, or it wouldn’t be Anet.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If MF is being removed because its creating a situation when you’re sacrificing effectiveness for loot (and possibly handicapping your team for personal gain)…

…and ANet is satisfied that Celestial gear is effective enough even without the MF…

Then people wearing it aren’t sacrificing effectiveness for MF and ANet can just LEAVE IT ALONE.

Celestial Gear: No changes required.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

If MF is being removed because its creating a situation when you’re sacrificing effectiveness for loot (and possibly handicapping your team for personal gain)…

…and ANet is satisfied that Celestial gear is effective enough even without the MF…

Then people wearing it aren’t sacrificing effectiveness for MF and ANet can just LEAVE IT ALONE.

lol as if anet actually have a sense of balance. You have devs running warr with full signets, that says enough about their knowledge of the game. Plus now everyone gets mf which means that the mf celestial users are left with nothing

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

No you got your reasoning backwards. If anet removes the mf people will not use this gear in builds where it does not work, just to get the mf boost. Instead it will only be used in builds where it does work. Because if it doesnt give magicfind there is no reward to gimping yourself with gear that isnt compatible with your build.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

u do realize u still hAve mf right?

Celestial gear is ruined

No you got your reasoning backwards. If anet removes the mf people will not use this gear in builds where it does not work, just to get the mf boost. Instead it will only be used in builds where it does work. Because if it doesnt give magicfind there is no reward to gimping yourself with gear that isnt compatible with your build.

You mean build, singular. There is one build that can maybe use Celestial gear.

Celestial gear is ruined

fungihoujo.8476

Except most people picked it up as an alternative to other MF sets- not as a viable ‘progression’ set. And yes, they’ve been hinting they would remove MF- but everyone assumed there would be something in return.

Also, they’ve been ‘hinting’ at a lot of things since launch that there’s still no sign of, it seems pretty odd to me for them to add a celestial set with MF stat on it, with no indication this would happen- a mere month and a half before they take MF out of gear.

If celestial is such a bad stat set, then why wouldn’t you add stats to make up for it? It’s not like suddenly everyone’s going to be wearing celestial gear- that’s what we have berserkers for after all.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Verow.6904

Verow.6904

Give as a small amount of boon duration instead of mf. I only have celestial accesories and I ll be happy with 1% boon duration on rings and earing and 2% on neck.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

Celestial set have all stats.
Boon duration and Condition duration are actually in the Giver set.
Adding 1% boon duration and 1% cond duration is correct for me.
With full set pg would have +12% boon duration and +12% condition duration, is not high, it’s just useful and make the set dynamic.

P.S. I’m not talking because i want to have my set buffed, i have soldier set.

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

Celestial gear is ruined

BLACKACE.2701

Someone has said addiction on mmo would damage our brain. I hope I am not the one and am try making things clear.

We have put efforts for a celestial pieces, with the whole combination of stats (including mf) as reward.
So, mf is a part of reward to some part of our effort.
Now mf is going to be removed. Thus, some of our effort is removed at no price.

I dont demand for much extra or over-power compensation, but fairness to our effort.

Thanks again.

Celestial gear is ruined

BLACKACE.2701

Furthermore, I strongly agree that mf must be removed from armor stat.
And, agree we can get some mf things from useless armors.
And, celestial gears must be treated fair as other mf set.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Yeah, I am going to have that issue with my ascended amulet as well…

Oh and I transmuted my Celestial armour to look like the tier 3 human cultural armour, so that will cost me as well

Who’s choice was that? What you did with your crafted armor has NO bearing on this discussion and the money involved was 100% at your expense.

The armor set is NOT obsolete (tho as pointed out above, it is a poor choice in general).

Celestial set have all stats.
Boon duration and Condition duration are actually in the Giver set.
Adding 1% boon duration and 1% cond duration is correct for me.
With full set pg would have +12% boon duration and +12% condition duration, is not high, it’s just useful and make the set dynamic.

P.S. I’m not talking because i want to have my set buffed, i have soldier set.

I’m afraid I don’t follow you math…..how did you get 12% from 6 pieces with 1% ea?
I’m not apposed to this idea, but as mentioned before, Celestial (w/o MF) already provides a significant advantage than other armor sets (in terms of overall total stat point bonuses).

While there remains some slight possibility they could add some buff to replace MF, I would not hold my breath for a refund. I don’t recall ANet EVER allowing for a refund for any type of in-game equipment. Granted, this change is kind of unprecedented, but they ARE providing EVERYONE with +20% ACCOUNT MF increase….doesn’t that cover the 18% you are losing on the Celestial gear?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Celestial gear is ruined

You mean ‘whose’ choice was that. Well, of course I transmuted them, but it is Anet who are removing a stat with zero compensation. If you transmuted your Berserker gear, then Anet removed the precision and did nothing else, would it be your fault?

As for ‘covering’ the lost MF on Celestial…you do know what EVERYONE means, right? People without Celestial get exactly the same as people with it, so how is that compensating for the lost Celestial MF.

They just need to give refunds for this soon-to-be-bank-rotting set

Celestial gear is ruined

His maths is 6 for armour, 1 for weapon, 5 for accessories. There is no Celestial backpiece.

Celestial gear is ruined

And the gear is ruined.

Well done, Anet…well done…

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Wrei Mors Les.8406

Wrei Mors Les.8406

Personally I think it was wrong to place MF in celestial gear in the first place. It was the optimal farmer’s gear (by providing better total stats than normal MF gear) thus only ever valued for its MF than for its all stat set. Few (like me) like celestial for the novelty (on my ele) but found it underwhelming.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Honestly, I gotta say, this is pretty disappointing. I jumped into celestial who cloth with the armor and accessories during BotFW and just a small increase on the stats for the loss of MF would have been an easy and avoided some rage.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The Crit bonus on Celestial has completely laughable “potential”.

This is pretty plain to see just switching from one item piece that has NO precision on it to the Celestial piece which only averages +15 – +30 precision…. and only seeing your chance to crit move 1% at a time… Even the weapon only gives 80, while BERZERKERS which doesn’t even have precision as anything but a secondary stat, still give 125. These ratios are COMPLETELY OFF. I don’t know if everything needs a boost here to compensate for the loss of MF%…. but I know for a fact that Precision needs atleast a 20%-40% boost here otherwise this now an even worse set in PvE than Carrion Stats.

This also goes hand in hand with Condition caps in general in PvE, and “Yellow HP bar” Foes/structures that are IMMUNE to conditions and crits.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

you don’t get celestial for mf

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

I am fine with them not updating the Celestial gear by f. e. adding 1-10 additional points overall but I’m absolutely not fine with them overbuffing Rune of the Traveller.

25% Movementspeed, 15% Boonduration, 10% Conditionduration, +30 All Stats and 6% Critdmg is just inbalanced somehow. Especially the 25% Movementspeed.

Do they decide “Balance” by throwing dices now? Oh wait …

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Five/Five celestial trinkets on guardian w/preferred backpiece is still pretty kitten good. Don’t see how the removal of magic find (Which did nothing to help your build) has changed this.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Celestial gear is ruined

fungihoujo.8476

Good luck to our Gods.

Thanks for reading.

Vegetables go unchanged.

Uh… except for your analogy to work, they’d have to have added something to Celestial gear, which they didn’t.

What they could have done, is the same thing they did for other MF gear- allow you to change the stat set on it.

Celestial gear is ruined

The gear is now rotting in my bank. I would have salvaged it like others did, but it is transmuted with Cultural armour.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

We were warned about items with MF having a compensation as well.
And MF was in celestials since the start – triforge amulet had it, the ancient karka accessory had it, and so on. They were balanced about them having all of those stats -MF included.
And even if we knew about the removal, they still introduced celestial armors and weapons with that stat. Again, while we still trusted about a compensation.
Introducing a gear to nerf it (and without it even being overpowered or such things) a month and half later is just a scam.

Celestial gear is ruined

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

His maths is 6 for armour, 1 for weapon, 5 for accessories. There is no Celestial backpiece.

Said’s who, I got ur celestial backpack right here
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/101029/gw162.jpg