The Super Adventure Box Returns!

in Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Posted by: BenGrech.3912

BenGrech.3912

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/1227-super-adventure-box-returns/

BELLEVUE, Wash. – Aug. 27, 2013: ArenaNet today announced the return of Super Adventure Box, the wildly popular, 8-bit-inspired dungeon, to Guild Wars 2 starting Sept. 3. The new and improved version of this “game within a game” offers more zones, modes and rewards, and will go live with Guild Wars 2’s next update, continuing ArenaNet’s pattern of delivering players exciting new content every two weeks, a pace unparalleled by Western competitors.

Super Adventure Box originated as an April Fools’ Day joke earlier this year, but quickly became a fan favorite with its pixelated 3D graphics, retro music and nostalgic gameplay that stirred memories of video games from yesteryear. Designed in-game by Moto, a crafty asura, to be a virtual reality simulator to educate the younger generation, Super Adventure Box will take players back to school with new and more difficult challenges.

Players can get an early look at the update by joining a livestream with ArenaNet developers on Tuesday, Sept. 3, at noon (PDT) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2.

New Events

Continued Education: Players can continue their studies by going deeper into World 2, traveling through the Rapids, Pain Cliffs and Storm Top, where they’ll meet their lethal final exam in the form of the Storm Wizard. Unlocking new items and upgrades along the way will be the key to getting ahead.
Tribulation Mode: Moto’s newest challenge teaches resilience and non-linear thinking. Players will learn that life isn’t easy in this new, ridiculously difficult mode for all zones in Worlds 1 and 2.

New Rewards

Super Weapon Set: Players can acquire a stylish new look for their weapons by trading in Bauble Bubbles to earn the rest of the Super Weapon Skins.
King Toad and Storm Wizard Weapons: Showing their prowess in Super Adventure Box, players will earn the materials necessary for King Toad and Storm Wizard weapons.
Mini Princess Miya: Players can create their own mini Princess Miya by combining in the forge a mini Moto and elements of Princess Miya’s outfit.

New Features

Craft Ascended Weapons: New recipes and materials will be hidden around the world, and a new skill cap of 500 will be introduced for the Weaponsmith, Artificer and Huntsman crafting disciplines. Players crafting their way to 500 will become Grandmaster Crafters and can learn the secrets of crafting Ascended weapons.
Legendary Weapon Updates: Legendary weapons will receive a stat boost, an Offensive Infusion slot to align with new Ascended weapons and additional functionality, among other things.
Account-Wide Magic Find: Magic Find will be removed as an equipment stat and implemented as an account-wide bonus applied to all of a player’s characters.#

Are you guys as excited as I am?!?!?!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Tribulation mode :Q_

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Time to put my farming gear one! I hate farming, but I really loved farming SAB! I’m looking forward to new maps. And the new skins. I’ll finally be able to get an axe and torch.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Quote:
“New Features

Craft Ascended Weapons: New recipes and materials will be hidden around the world, and a new skill cap of 500 will be introduced for the Weaponsmith, Artificer and Huntsman crafting disciplines. Players crafting their way to 500 will become Grandmaster Crafters and can learn the secrets of crafting Ascended weapons.
Legendary Weapon Updates: Legendary weapons will receive a stat boost, an Offensive Infusion slot to align with new Ascended weapons and additional functionality, among other things.
Account-Wide Magic Find: Magic Find will be removed as an equipment stat and implemented as an account-wide bonus applied to all of a player’s characters.#

Are you guys as excited as I am?!?!?! "

This makes me excited and terrified all in one. The warrior with 148%MF will lose it all and the gear + ascended & infused MF piece with its 30% will be … ?
I am in favor of account MF and taking it off the gear but no announcement how that will be handled? Crafting to 500 for only 3 professions to start with? I don’t own a Legendary weapon but those with one may be a little curious as to what will or will not happen to their current sigil.
Anyone have a link to a better explanation or is this it for the teaser?

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

so does this mean that legendaries and ascended weapons will have an offensive infusion slot AND a sigil slot, because I really don’t want to give up my sigil for AR …

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’m interested, but apprehensively so, to see how the crafting is going to shake out. It does suck that the crafting cap is only being raised for weapon crafting disciplines.

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Pretty kittening excited for this patch…. what is this feeling

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Quote:
This makes me excited and terrified all in one. The warrior with 148%MF will lose it all and the gear + ascended & infused MF piece with its 30% will be … ?
I am in favor of account MF and taking it off the gear but no announcement how that will be handled?

Yes, I’d like to know how this will be handled as well. What stat will be replacing the MF in the current MF gear?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Excited and angry/disappointed at the same time.
I can’t wait to get back into SAB, yet I know its only temporary again…
Which means constant grinding of it again, so I can get all the items.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

I missed SAB the first time around. Can someone answer a couple questions for me?

1. Bauble Bubbles are… drops from completing SAB or what? The wiki has no information.
2. Mobs to fight throughout or is it more juming-puzzle than farming?
3. Does anyone know the BaubleBubble:item ratio when turning in?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I missed SAB the first time around. Can someone answer a couple questions for me?

1. Bauble Bubbles are… drops from completing SAB or what? The wiki has no information.

1. 250 Baubels can be turned into 1 baubel bauble. They are scattered around the SAB world. They also drop in chests at end of each level.
2. Yes there are mobs to fight but it is nothing like farming. It is super mario.
3. 50 bauble baubles per skin is what it was previously.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Meh, at least I can get some of my crafting disciplines to 500 with the patch.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

And you can only hold 250 baubles, unless you got the pouch, after which you could hold 500 baubles. Any more baubles you picked up would not be put in your inventory.

Baubles were also used ammo for some of your weapons.

You also paid some silver per skin. 50 silver, if I remember correctly…

LadyRhonwyn.2501

1. 250 Baubels can be turned into 1 baubel bauble. They are scattered around the SAB world. They also drop in chests at end of each level.
2. Yes there are mobs to fight but it is nothing like farming. It is super mario.
3. 50 bauble baubles per skin is what it was previously.

Thank you very much for the information.

Jesus christ ANet, is all your knowledge solely how to make content requiring farming? What happened to systems like the Adventure Pack for Guild Wars 1? You complete a story mission and get a weapon. I would’ve imagined Completing something for 1 skin would be a pretty nice parallel but I’m going to need 250*50 (12,500) to get a single weapon skin? You just have to require farming, don’t you?

I got 500 baubles from just finishing the first two levels of the first world. And you got 2 bauble bubbles daily per level. So, finish the first world (three levels) and you’d get 9 BB’s easily. With a chance of getting a rare skin from the chest as well.

And considering there will most likely be achievements bound to this again, you’ll probably do it more than once if you care about achievements…

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Can’t please us all. I’ve never cared for SAB. I will run through the new stuff one time call it a night and finally get to other things I’ve been wanting to do. You all have fun.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I’ve got to say that I am a bit surprised.

I was expecting the SAB skins to be locked in RNG boxes.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Once the four zones are complete. I hope Anet takes my idea for a full SAB like zone. That would be darker, gothic, scary, and gloomy. It would have puzzles for solo/group play and DE’s. The map would be like the whole Legend of Zelda. But a open zone like any other, upto say 50 or 75 players. It would still have many puzzles to solve. With themes from Zelda, kings field 1/2, Doom.

The Zone should be a 16 bit version of the Realm of Torment.

Attachments:

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Very excited about SAB returning!

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

And I will return as well!
I havent enjoyed the last 2 updates much at all, nor this zergfest that is the current trend and as a result have barely played in 3 weeks or so. And some of the new update is…meh.
But, in all of that I am really looking forward to the return of the SAB! Can’t wait to get back in there! They will have me playing active again for as long as the SAB is up

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Was literally about to uninstall and remove all notifications from my email and facebook regarding this game as SPVP has gone stale, never really got into the pve hardcore enough to care much….and my friend logs on and one night of spvp and we both had just a miserable and bored time…. then I see new SAB….. sigh, i’ll keep this game on a bit longer I suppose. kitten SAB too kitten awesome.

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I’m more excited for the Crafting/MF changes than I am for SAB to be honest. SAB is fun but can get boring rather quickly…. IMO

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Why would you uninstall the game even if you were bored with it? Is HDD space that important and limited? Never really understood that. I still have wow installed and I haven’t played in 2 years. lol

Really off topic, sorry. Because GW2 is B2P it doesn’t makes sense to me to uninstall it when you could come back whenever you want.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

‘’resilience and non-linear thinking. ’’

‘’ridiculously difficult ’’

if this means it’s gonna be like Liadri, lol fk dat

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Once the four zones are complete. I hope Anet takes my idea for a full SAB like zone. That would be darker, gothic, scary, and gloomy. It would have puzzles for solo/group play and DE’s. The map would be like the whole Legend of Zelda. But a open zone like any other, upto say 50 or 75 players. It would still have many puzzles to solve. With themes from Zelda, kings field 1/2, Doom.

The Zone should be a 16 bit version of the Realm of Torment.

dude u gotta post this in the suggestions forum, sounds awesome

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Can’t wait! Loved the first world

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

i hope tribulation mode is unforgivingly brutal

Wolfheart.1938

‘’resilience and non-linear thinking. ’’

‘’ridiculously difficult ’’

if this means it’s gonna be like Liadri, lol fk dat

Good thing SAB also has normal mode and easy mode, so all different kind of players can find a mode suitable to their needs.

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Storm Wizard weapons are more glowy crap?

We already have glowy crap and they are called “zenith weapons,” why do we need more glowy stuff?

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

YEAY! An cool updated to forget the awful stain that was Scarlet from our memories!!

SAB!!!!!

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

So… what will happen to our MF items? They’ll just vanish? Refunded? Replaced?

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Pronk.2146

Pronk.2146

“Account-Wide Magic Find: Magic Find will be removed as an equipment stat and implemented as an account-wide bonus applied to all of a player’s characters.#
Are you guys as excited as I am?!?!?!”

Well actually..

I have a full MF gear set on my warrior. I probably spent around 35-40g on materials, sigils and runes. On top of that I’ve spent 500 gems on the Primeval Armor skin set which I used on my MF gear set. Will all of this disappear on the 3d of September?

Please respond whether or not MF gear will completely disappear, or if people will get some sort of compensation for this.

Wolfheart.1938

Pronk, the removal of magic find was announced some weeks ago in a blog post. We don’t know the details yet, but they said they will try to make the transition as good as possible for people that have invested in MF gear. Don’t worry, they won’t vanish.

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Why would you uninstall the game even if you were bored with it? Is HDD space that important and limited? Never really understood that. I still have wow installed and I haven’t played in 2 years. lol

Really off topic, sorry. Because GW2 is B2P it doesn’t makes sense to me to uninstall it when you could come back whenever you want.

When you do lots of video work harddrive space is important, especially when some is allocated to solid state. But outside of that, I don’t keep old software I don’t use on my computer and already know i’ll probably abandon this game entirely when Everquest Next Landmark comes out this winter sporting the Oculus Rift.

Seriously only reason I even had it on here was to SPVP, but its so poorly managed…I gave it a year and its still less developed than many games were/are in beta. SAB is probably the only thing that I truly enjoyed in this game so far, would buy it if It was a separate title

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

I just can’t wait! September 3rd can’t come fast enough!

KOPPER.1458

Zin: You and me are clearly playing different betas. lol All have promise but not on the pvp front.

Fair point though, it was kinda a general question as well as I see a lot of people say they are uninstalling only to read a month or 2 later that they reinstalled. I am lucky that I do not have hard drive constraints.

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

Worst news ever. I don’t like SAB because it doesn’t fit in with the lore of the game. The devs forced it to fit. I’m glad people like it. But not me.

KOPPER.1458

I can think of a lot worse news.

Onshidesigns.1069

Worst news ever. I don’t like SAB because it doesn’t fit in with the lore of the game. The devs forced it to fit. I’m glad people like it. But not me.

It’s not your decision what the lore is for GW2.

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

Onshidesigns.1069

I never said it was and I never claimed to have created any lore! Anet created all the past lore of Tyria … nowhere in any of that lore has there ever been anything like SAB. Based on the world Anet developed it seems out of place. If you think it fits just fine, that’s your opinion. Anet can create any lore they want to; it’s their game. That doesn’t mean I can’t find it out of place.

Just don’t put words in my mouth!

LadyRhonwyn.2501

“Account-Wide Magic Find: Magic Find will be removed as an equipment stat and implemented as an account-wide bonus applied to all of a player’s characters.#
Are you guys as excited as I am?!?!?!”

Well actually..

I have a full MF gear set on my warrior. I probably spent around 35-40g on materials, sigils and runes. On top of that I’ve spent 500 gems on the Primeval Armor skin set which I used on my MF gear set. Will all of this disappear on the 3d of September?

Please respond whether or not MF gear will completely disappear, or if people will get some sort of compensation for this.

Don’t worry. Once the update goes live, you’ll be able to pick any other craftable stat for that armour set (it’s somewhere in the General forum). So, as I see it, you’ll basically get an “empty” item, where you must fill in the stat you want.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Onshidesigns.1069

I never said it was and I never claimed to have created any lore! Anet created all the past lore of Tyria … nowhere in any of that lore has there ever been anything like SAB. Based on the world Anet developed it seems out of place. If you think it fits just fine, that’s your opinion. Anet can create any lore they want to; it’s their game. That doesn’t mean I can’t find it out of place.

How much lore is there about the Asuran? Except that they love to tinker with stuff they shouldn’t tinker with? And them being smart? I think they did a fine job placing SAB into the game world.

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

YESS EYES YSEYSE YES YESAHHHHHHHH SUPER ADNVEUTNERE BOX FREKAING LOVE U AReANETNE AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Yay those are awesome news.I can’t wait to play it again.SAB’s jumping is one of the coolest things in the game.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Lore is something that is in the past.
The SAB is a new present day Asuran technology that will become lore.