[Poll] Should the SAB stay permanently?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

Game over.

Maybe just bring it back every April or something. Not permanent pls.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Wrenn Haldane.3208

Wrenn Haldane.3208

I think SAB is extremely odd and out of place. I really can’t explain it, but it diminishes my enjoyment of the game just knowing it’s there.

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy GW2 and absolutely feel like I have gotten way more than my money’s worth out of the game. I know some people enjoy SAB. That’s great! But I’d rather see added end-game content/paid expansion.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Wreck.2634

Wreck.2634

No, I think it should be seasonal like all the rest. It makes the skins that much more exclusive.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Solus Kane.8507

Solus Kane.8507

“An Error Prevented Saving:
Message Body length must at least be 15.”

1UP

I would love for this to stay and receive updates. I played last night with 4 others and it was seriously the most fun I’ve had in ages. One of the members of my group did complain that it didn’t progress their character in any way and would prefer to see some “Guild Wars” content being worked on instead. I disagreed however stating that the living story events are still on going and updates are done monthly with STILL no monthly subscription fee. I’ve played MMOs in the past for Months with no changes and paying $10-$20 a month. I say keep it, keep up the good work, and keep being awesome.

^this

and 1up

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

I’d say 1UP.

Even if this loses its shine after a month, just having it there is in itself a good addition to the game.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: avilo.1942

avilo.1942

1up

Super adventure box is amazing. Other developers should take note! And make it motherkittening permanent! Oh mai gawd yes.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

1UP

it’s just plain…… fun. it reminds me of a time when games were just that. games. they were there just to play for a while and enjoy. not second jobs that required constant attention. i’d love to see it as a permanent fixture, if for no other reason than it’s an option. the more mini-games, the better really. i’d much rather see numerous options than to be filtered into a new one every month, and ONLY that one. i’m not a cow, i don’t want to be herded. i’d much rather be treated like an intelligent adult. if there are options, i’m able to choose how i wish to spend my time. it is, after all, MY time, and i’m certainly competent enough to manage it. if someone isn’t, then they have much bigger problems than anything going on in a video game, and should really be focused on dealing with those first.

sure, the freshness of it will fade over time, especially as new content is introduced. however, mini-games are things you can keep coming back to at any stage of the game. no major time investment needs to be put into them, and there’s no “keeping up with the jones’s” effect. just go, play, and have fun for a while. after all, isn’t that the entire point of video games?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

1up
the nostalgia was nice. I like collecting the baubles. The staff skin with an animated bird looks cool. Hopefully I can get it before the month ends. I would love for the adventure box to reprise more eight and sixteen bit games. I dislike 3D jumping but I will put up with it for content like this. I intensely hate the bouncing mushroom platforms.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

1UP

Our adventure is now forever!

However, I can see the point of the people who are saying that keeping something like this permanent would diminish the novelty and enjoyment. As such, I would also support the SAB returning annually (during April), bi-yearly or quarterly.

In that event, I ask ANet to at least leave the SAB Zone 1 open so I can go there and have 8-bit picnics whenever I want.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Daisun.6517

Daisun.6517

Game over

It doesn’t fit with lore, and takes away from the feel of the game… Although it was a really nice diversion. Plus at this rate the game will be flooded with those super skins, and goofy looking pets making everything look and sound alittle too disney.

Hoping to see it again next year, but for now, I’m already sick of it.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

1UP

Brought me back after leaving the game for several months, and several friends.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

1UP

I’ll make my contribution.

1. First, what is meant by “soon get tired?” What a argument? Sooner or later you get bored of everything. Periodically, I geting tired of GW2 itself. Despite the fact that I love this game. Easy way out – If you get tired of something – do not do it.

2. MMO’s are good for its bossibilities. Such “mini” game is a possibility. It’s better when bossibility is always there, but not when it is given once a year.

3. This is a full game within the game, which can produce on separate disk, and it will successfully marketed. The presence of such things in game permanently – great advertising and guaranteed influx of players. (Personally, I even pulled in game five friends and returned one who did not like GW2 (he was delighted) by showing them that).

3.2. Better to say “we Have another game inside the game” than “sometimes have”

4. This thing is a masterpiece. Remove it for a year, “so that people did not criticize” tantamount to bury in the ground work of Arts and dig out every year, so that it did not manage to find flaws.

5. That it contradicts Lore? Asuran scientist invented a virtual reality. In this case, Asuras are constantly inventing things inappropriate to lore.

6. The game is clearly expected for “entrance fee” (take a look at the machine issuing the coins (there are holes with a symbol of gold and gems)). Adding more things to buy for the baubles will provide an alternative way to farm, and with it the flow of currency from donaters. From here more money for the development of the project.

7. It is an ambitious creative impulse of Josh Foreman and co., which invested a lot of soul on it. SAB deserves to enjoy it regularly. This should not gather dust on the shelf for 11 months in a row.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

I don’t mean to be a party pooper, and I see that most people want this to stay, but:
Game Over.
It’s pretty fun, and I like it, but like others have said, it will become old. If it were to stay, the skins you can get from it would become less important to both me and others. Keeping it would be like painting your room with bright rainbow colors for Easter, then keeping it that way even after the holiday has ended (I say all this in pretending that painting is easier than it actually is). This is by no means a realistic analogy, but I think it’s a pretty accurate one

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Penumbra.9435

Penumbra.9435

Game over

The Hobbit without the trolls cooking scene would have been a better movie

I really have a problem with off themes cause they trow me out of the imerssion.

Im up for cow level but im not up for whimsyshire.

Maybe to wierd for most to understand :/

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

1UP

This absolutely NEEDS to stay. For so many reasons.

~ Its awesome. Its a fun throwback to classic gaming, the mechanics work well, and its got plenty of content to it.

~ There’s obviously been a ton of work put into it, and I’d hate to see all the fruits of that effort disappear after an obligatory amount of time has passed. I mean, the artstyle and such are simple and probably not that time consuming compared to, say, all the different Wintersday environments and objects, but as far as level design and actual content this has to be the “biggest” update thats been added to the game, in my eyes at least. Throwing all that away just feels wrong.

~ GW2 could use more fun side-activities with unique mechanics. Variety is good, and having something unique to do when you get a little tired of the standard open world and dungeons is nice. And thats exactly what this is. I know I’ve seen people requesting more “activities” and I know the devs themselves have acknowledged that they’d like to add more as well, so why remove something thats exactly what players have requested and the devs have acknowledged wanting to add?

~ There’s no reason to remove it. Its not an open-world story event or seasonal thing. There’s no “great threat” thats going to be beaten and nessesitate removal of the content (ala Flame and Frost or the Karka event). There’s no Halloween or Christmas theme that would seem out of place during other times of the year. Nothing about SAB makes it seem like something that can only exist for a certain time.

~ Letting it stay indefinately means that people can work on getting skins, progress, and achievements leisurely, rather than having it be a non-stop grind in April to get everything before its gone. Which makes it more enjoyable and less of a grind / chore. I think a lot of the people saying they’d “get tired of it” are saying that after having played it non-stop for days, which if it was permanent wouldn’t be needed, you could just come back to it whenever you feel like it rather than feeling pressured to do it when you don’t want to.

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Drhojo.2170

Drhojo.2170

1-UP

It just so fun and good to play I get board of the main game and go off guild wars 2 for awhile but with this If I get board of the Main game I can go to SAB play abit of that and have a great time and go back to the Main game once I am done with SAB

It’s a war yes but even in war enterment will be created to put people mind’s off it and I over heared a NPC Charr talking about it saying the SAB can be reworked into a training area for new recuirts so SAB can be lore friendly if the just work on lore of it

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Game Over.

It absolutely doesn’t fit into the game. It feels odd and wrong playing it. I wouldn’t mind for it to come back occasionally (aka a ‘running-gag’ type april fools joke), but really wouldn’t want it to stay permanently. I’d love for the skins to keep some of their exclusive status and I’d find it extremely sad if the community got even more divided by a feature that feels so out of place. Fractals did enough with dividing people! Please don’t keep this in game.

PS.: Please DO add the missing weapon skins though!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Trickfully.1830

Trickfully.1830

1up! its a really good and fun thing to do

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: WakerPT.3289

WakerPT.3289

1UP!

It’s really funny entertaining and it’s nice to play it when you are a bit bored of GW2
If this was an entirely different game, I wouldn’t mind buying it ».« Missed this 8bit graphics, they made an awesome job. Grats arena.net!

SaB addicted

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

I vote for it to stay

1up

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Jimaruto.5389

Jimaruto.5389

1UP

And add more stages too!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Game Over… then a 1UP

I love this game, but it’s not finished. It’s supposed to be getting Beta Tested, or whatever, by Moto. As such at the end of April it needs to go away for a while. Not a year, just some months. Maybe in the Summer they can release a new Gem Store item, the Personal Super Adventure Box, as a perminant consumable. When consumed it plops a SAB down in front of you for 5 minutes. During those 5 minutes anyone can initiate a SAB game. The game lasts for as long as you’re in the SAB, even if the 5 minutes expired, which means if it’s not yours or you’re not in the group with the owner you can’t get back in after 5 minutes if you leave or are adjected for dying too much. There would be a new Merchant in box that sells all the Real Game goodies that Modo is currently selling.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

1 – up!!!
Plus up up down down left right B A Select Start for the 100-up on this.

Because I am a hardcore retro fan and other mmos never had the stones to even go this route. Stats dont affect this thing rather skill is the all around mainstream basis for this update and actually has a pattern memorizing learning curve which pays homage to all classic games like Zelda, mario, Castlevania, Mystical Ninja, etc.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: cyclonic demonic.1359

cyclonic demonic.1359

1UP

The Jumping.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

1 UP
1 UP
1 UP

i want it and i want more of it to come.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Game over /15 characters

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ButterOfDeath.2873

ButterOfDeath.2873

1UP

Because it’s fun,everybody at any level can do it,even solo,and i’d play it even without any kind of reward!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Game Over

I love the content; it is an absolute blast and I want to do more.

And that is why I want it to go away. Not forever, but until next April, when it comes out again, possibly with additional weapon skins, new enemies, and other changes, maybe even taking on a different facet of old games.

By taking it away it is something special. It is something to be cherished and appreciated while we have it.

If it never goes away, it is just another thing to do, like keg brawl, spvp, wvw, farming orr, shadow behemoth, claw of jormag, etc. Eventually, there are more things to do than time to do them. By making it a transient event, people are forced to make the time, or live with the consequences.

Game Over. And this is why ^

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: PolarTank.5902

PolarTank.5902

1up

There is no reason it should not stay.

After a hard day slaying monster I would like to relax and play my Super Adventure Box

Ok thanks

SUPER ADVENTURE TEAM GO !!!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Hikaie.8097

Hikaie.8097

1up !!!! I absolutely think this should be finished. It was so much fun and I loved the retro theme!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Maviix.6980

Maviix.6980

1 UP
It’s alot of fun, the most fun pve content in the game imo.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Jdreal.8347

Jdreal.8347

1 UP
I love it!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Game Over.

I love it but I think making it permanent will diminish its appeal. I want it to be seasonal too. Like Snowball Mayhem of Wintersday which was an absolute blast, it should make me look forward to the next april fool’s or whatever they wanna name this ‘holiday’.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

1up.

Add more content too. Its primitive graphics and objects should be easy for devs to manage as well, allowing them to make tons of Super Adventure Box maps in the time it takes to make one normal map in GW2.

It’s some of the most fun I’ve had in awhile, and I didn’t have to group for it either (though grouping made it more fun!)

Add some 8bit costumes in the gemstore too.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Auron.9241

Auron.9241

1UP!!!!

Its awsome I think they should keep it in the game but also at the same time it should just remain a little fun side thing to do….Maybe add little to it over time…..now what I would love to see is super adventure box armor skins that be awsome! just some little fluff items for fun but I think it diffantly should stay in the game. it brung back memories of the classic games I use to play……I think they should dedicate it to all of the classic games that put video games where they are today!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

1UP!!! or maybe something similar as a permanent dungeon!

I really like the cliche, 8-bit, retro graphics. I love all the jumping…a dungeon with jumping puzzles is an awesome idea IMO! And then there’s the new kind of game-play, which I find very refreshing. Basically, there’s nothing I don’t like about this dungeon.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Meep Master.4231

Meep Master.4231

1UP!

This is amazing, and well done. I really hope there is a lot more to this then we see. Clearly there is more coming, and If the team doing it needs more than a month to get ALL the content they wanted into it, I would be devastated!
I REALLY hope they don’t have to make any compromises.

(Bottom pic: My physical opinion of Super Adventure Box)

Attachments:

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ravenomega.5937

ravenomega.5937

1UP! One of the best events in any mmo I have ever played.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Thedes.8794

Thedes.8794

1up!

Are you kidding…this thing rocks!!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rellow.7364

Rellow.7364

1UP

It’s a shame that Arena Net is still intent upon keeping with their “once in a lifetime event” gimmick because this is one of the most creative things I’ve seen an MMO do, and to simply toss it out the window once the month is over is a waste of creative effort. It doesn’t even have any real ties to a specific season so it should be perfectly fine to keep it in as long as there’s an alternative to the random chest spawns.

Gate of Madness (US)
Chocodile – Asuran Engineer
Chocodial – Asuran Thief

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Word from the devs is that this isn’t the end of the Super Adventure Box. More Super weapon skins as well as new levels will be released down the track, which means future returns of the Box, but at this stage they have no plans for the SAB to become a permanent addition to Rata Sum.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Glaxthor.1358

Glaxthor.1358

1 UP

Loads more can be done. Looting must just be nerfed. People should play it for fun, not to get the upper hand in the game imo.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Azmuth Divarchchron.8059

Azmuth Divarchchron.8059

1 UP

Yes keep it, And add weapon skins.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: SirTristan.2017

SirTristan.2017

1 UP!!!!

Also a rifle would be nice =-)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Jas.4837

Jas.4837

1UP!

More, please! I LOVE this game within a game, it’s completely addicting, and even after I’ve farmed the heck out of it, I’d love to keep it as a go-to fun minigame just to putz around in for kicks and giggles. I will be quite sad when it leaves. (I’m hoping it won’t!)

Jasmine Laguna
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS]
Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Jas.4837)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ying.9810

Ying.9810

1UP!

It’s only a few days ago when I was considering taking a break off GW2 because I was so sick of the boring Guild Bounties and daily laurel grinding and I am not a big fan of dungeon running, but now I am logging on eagerly after work to throw myself into the virtual world inside a virtual world.

To be honest I don’t even care if there’s no future stage update or if they take the merchant out after April. I just want to continue playing a dungeon that I truly like instead of doing one for gold/chest loots. Farmers can go back to their COF/FOTM farming after this, so I don’t think its too much to ask for permanent SAB as a dungeon to cater us casual players.

Also, keeping it as a seasonal/recurring event not only sounds lazy to me but also takes the excitement away. I personally rather have something new to look forward to and be surprised in next event than having something expected.

Sorry for my bad English.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

1up

123456789characters UP

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

Game Over.

I think this “Event”, doesn’t match to GW2 lore. For one time event its brilliant idea. Not for permanently.

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

1up

and Josh needs to also be consulted when making boss mechanics in dungeons.

I would like a puzzle oriented, more conventional addition to explore the lore prior to guild wars 2 as well.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

1up
i wonder why people like to see something they don’t like demolished instead to just leave them alone and ignore it.. its not like it’ll effect them in any way.!