Where are the chests in the open world?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ExCentya.4305

ExCentya.4305

Are they removed or are they in random zones?
I can’t seem to find any

in Super Adventure Box

ExCentya.4305

Some people in my guild cant see them either but some said the saw one 20 minutes ago

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tanek.5983

Tanek.5983

A chest takes a little while to come back after someone opens it, so you may need to wait a bit. Are you saying you never see any on the big map? I saw them on the Metrica map last night.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Confirmed, there’s not one anywhere in the places I’ve been, and I know where quite a few are on the Tyrian map.

It’s like they’ve just been pulled off the map.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Super Adventure Box

ExCentya.4305

Yeah, I cant see them on the map. I jumped between waypoints this morning but now I cant see any on the map

in Super Adventure Box

Tanek.5983

Uh oh. Wonder if someone decided to wreck it with an exploit. I hope not.

edit: Unless the world-spawn chests were just an April 1 thing and were turned off along with the character select midi music. That is a possibility.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

They’re absolutely everywhere and the respawn cycle is just a few minutes.

Some people farm these chests like crazy right now, so during peak hours it can be difficult to get to them in time.

in Super Adventure Box

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Uh oh. Wonder if someone decided to wreck it with an exploit. I hope not.

edit: Unless the world-spawn chests were just an April 1 thing and were turned off along with the character select midi music. That is a possibility.

That should have gone hours ago then, if that were the case. I’m glad I got a movie of that music though, that was epic. However if they were to deactivate the super mystery boxes (as being an April 1st thing) then they let it go well past it’s deadline.

They were there one minute and gone the next, like someone pulled the plug on them.

in Super Adventure Box

Tanek.5983

That should have gone hours ago then, if that were the case. I’m glad I got a movie of that music though, that was epic. However if they were to deactivate the super mystery boxes (as being an April 1st thing) then they let it go well past it’s deadline.

They were there one minute and gone the next, like someone pulled the plug on them.

Ah, ok. I have been trapped at work all day, so I did not know when they “vanished”.

As for the music, did you see they have all the tracks up on their Soundcloud page?
https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/sets/guild-wars-2-super-adventure

(edited by Tanek.5983)

in Super Adventure Box

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

No I didn’t!! Link me up!

In the meantime can we please get a Dev response on this issue?

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Yup, checked several zones. All the chests are gone. They did say it was a test and it was causing problems with movement and firing. (Strafing and even backing up while firing were not working correctly) While somewhat interesting, it quickly becomes the grind. I wont miss it, but then as a norn I never though jumping puzzles were constructed with everyone having the same chance of success.

in Super Adventure Box

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I just had a look at Moto’s vendor lists in Rata Sum and some things have changed.

Whatever has been done was definitely a subtle change without requiring and update.

in Super Adventure Box

Tanek.5983

I just had a look at Moto’s vendor lists in Rata Sum and some things have changed.

Whatever has been done was definitely a subtle change without requiring and update.

o.0 What changed?

(also, Soundcloud link was added above)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The only change I see is that in the third tab you can’t get a singleton continue coin now. Though in tab 2 the stack of 5 coints only cost 1 bauble bauble, is that different?

in Super Adventure Box

Tanek.5983

The only change I see is that in the third tab you can’t get a singleton continue coin now. Though in tab 2 the stack of 5 coins only cost 1 bauble bauble, is that different?

That price for 5 is not different based on what I saw last night. Maybe the single was removed because it was half the price (25 baubles) of the 5 stack. I wondered why it was that way.

in Super Adventure Box

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Yes the Continue Coins used to be in the 3rd tab down and used to only cost 25 baubles, now they’re 1 bauble bubble (250 baubles to trade for one). I think they added stuff in the 2nd tab like obby shards, etc. but they also are missing an arrow in the main text, so one of the dialogue(?) options has gone from that menu.

Tanek thankyou very much for the link, you made my day.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rollara.8493

Rollara.8493

>They were there one minute and gone the next, like someone pulled the plug on them.

Yes, this…I was literally looking at the map when they ALL disappeared at the same time.

Which is very upsetting; I was really enjoying getting extra baubles while out in the open world; I really need them to supplement my terrible 8 bit jumping/playing! Hope these come back.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Maybe with some of the comlaints about it ruining mmersion in the open world, they took it out? Seems odd to not have an explanation, unless its an unexpected pull

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

what a pity…I can’t find any now, thought it was just me. I was hoping to gather up enough to get something, just like we did with mysterious presents. =(

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Misty Sklys.3845

Misty Sklys.3845

Same O, Same O for A-Net. If you dont play the dungeon as we say, you will not get
any B’s to make BB.s for a skin. Which equals BS in my book. That being said if A-Net
wants to bar me, knock your selfs out.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

The chests are gone. How very sad. It was fun and I enjoyed it. They were hard to do and it made waiting for dragons enjoyable. Since guesting started we have to go so early to do a dragon this gave us something to do.

Please put the chests back for the rest of the month. Even if you can’t do it in all areas pick a few. This was a nice way to include players who were disinclined to do dungeons into the advernture box.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: humanevil.8461

humanevil.8461

ive found that my lvl 17 char find’s the chest all over the place in the world but when i play my lvl 80 there is none i had some on the first day but nothing since then??

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Hmm i don’t see them either, on either my lvl 55 or lvl 19, pretty sure they won’t show on my lvl 80s either. Would be nice if a red post told us why they aren’t showing, or that they actually removed them.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

The open world Super Adventure Box content was only there for April 1. Tyria as a whole has now been returned to its former state and all the animals are back inside the Super Adventure Box in Rata Sum.

In addition, you may have noticed that Moto is no longer selling Continue Coins for 25 baubles. This is intended, and that price was only good on April 1. Moto referenced this in his in-game message.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh, man…Bauble Bubble Bummer!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

So sad they are gone. Forever.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

To bad they were the only thing I liked about the event, due to the fact that I hate jumping puzzles. Guess I’ll just throw out my 240 baubles now.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Rollara.8493

Rollara.8493

i hate jumping puzzles too. Sigh.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

The open world Super Adventure Box content was only there for April 1. Tyria as a whole has now been returned to its former state and all the animals are back inside the Super Adventure Box in Rata Sum.

In addition, you may have noticed that Moto is no longer selling Continue Coins for 25 baubles. This is intended, and that price was only good on April 1. Moto referenced this in his in-game message.

Since buables chests are no longer in the open world. Does Anet plan on increasing the number of baubles with-in the Super Adventure Box?

Continue Coins are still dropped from Splendid Chests in the open world.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

To bad they were the only thing I liked about the event, due to the fact that I hate jumping puzzles. Guess I’ll just throw out my 240 baubles now.

Zone 1 and 2 are hardly jumping puzzles. if your face is capable of hitting the spacebar you won’t have any trouble getting all the baubels you need.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I was under the impression that the chests would be in the world for the event as they were with Windersday. What a huge disappointment. I have no desire whatsoever to play a platform game; that’s why I bought an MMO. I was, however, hoping to get the staff skin for my guardian. Oh well, another disappointment. I’m sure it won’t be the last.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

That is unfortunate. Previous content has usually offered different choices to players for how they could achieve the rewards. SAB is well made but I truly dislike it. On the other hand, I woudn’t have minded hunting for chests in the open world.

Now the only choice is to grind something I hate doing and that’s not why I bought GW2.

Well there is another choice – to simply ignore this content update completely. Ah well.

Zone 1 and 2 are hardly jumping puzzles. if your face is capable of hitting the spacebar you won’t have any trouble getting all the baubels you need.

That doesn’t mean everyone likes doing JPs and making yourself do something you don’t like is not entertainment. Plus the SAB jumping puzzles are particularly irritating with mechanics like attacking mobs and limited lives. Your statement is incorrect and misleading, it is a great deal of trouble if you don’t like the content.

Certainly some people will enjoy this content. That’s great for them. But previous content has offered options if you didn’t like jumping puzzles. With the open world boxes gone the only content left is a single giant JP.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

^ What DoctorOverlord said. Also the comment about having to use ones face as a button pusher wasn’t called for as this implied ineptness, not the lack of desire. It “may” just be possible that some of us derive no pleasure from doing platform games. I very much lived though the platform era as I am nearing the half century mark and in fact my brother still owns an original Donkey Kong electronic toy. But I can honestly say I like them just as much now as I did then, that is to say not bloody much.

The chests being available in the open world at least gave me a feeling of having been offered something for this event.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Some heads up would have been nice. I would have spent more time collecting chests.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in Super Adventure Box

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Indeed, we had no warning and for the sake of the people who don’t appreciate said mechanics of the game in the above posts, this isn’t really a fair option.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: jaka.9635

jaka.9635

bring back these boxes to the PvE plox
they are a nice addon to the open world, when we feel like roaming arround collecting Poi’s, vistas, waypoints. It makes it that much more fun and easier to collect bubbles for skins.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

If you mainly just want to collect Baubles, you could always start it up in Infantile Mode by speaking with the cloud once you get past Moto at the gates inside Super Adventure Box. That will give you friendly clouds that provide rainbow walkways over pretty much every single jumping element within the SAB.

Some “tips” for farming: There are certain spots that you can use the Shovel at, which will give you 20+ Baubles, try using it at different spots and if you get more than 1 Bauble/angry bunny, that spot will always give that amount of Baubles. The Whip can be used on chests to grab the Baubles inside (Edit: Fixed/Patched). Getting the Bombs (Zone 2) lets you get into some secret areas that contains 5+ Baubles, but it isn’t as effective as getting the Shovel/Whip if you only wish to “grind” Baubles. The cage-“bosses” can be easily dealt with by just strafing around the cage auto-hitting it (Zone 2 requires a bit of jumping while strafing). It may be worth picking up the Wallet upgrade in Zone 3, as that allows you to carry 500 Baubles at a time within the SAB.

Bonus tip, quick 40 Baubles: If you want some really fast 40 Baubles, you can get to Zone 2, and right at the start, a tiny bit in on your left, there’s a waterfall with a rock in the water. If you stand on this rock and use your Shovel, it will spawn 40 Baubles at the foot of the waterfall. At that point you can opt to leave the instance with the House/Home icon at the right of the skill bar. Then rinse repeat as much as you want. A bit cheap perhaps, but definitely a very quick and pain free way to farm once you got Zone 2 unlocked. You can also drop a bomb down on the area on the left (between the two rocks seen in the second screenshot) for a hidden room with a couple more Baubles.

Attachments:

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

So the Wintersday boxes of death and poor rewards get to stick around for the whole month, but these boxes which actually have something we want to get something else that we want only stick around barely a day and then get pulled with no warning?

You make the bubble/bauble exchange ratio high enough that we have to grind for them, and then punish us when we do try to grind them. Another bad choice.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

Indeed, we had no warning and for the sake of the people who don’t appreciate said mechanics of the game in the above posts, this isn’t really a fair option.

The in-game mail from Moto on April 1st specifically mentioned that you should hunt for those chests “today” (April 1st) because that part of the event would be gone afterwards.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I don’t hugely hate this change, and anyone who can’t get at least dozens of baubles out of world 1-1 just doesn’t deserve them, but it was kind of fun to open the boxes in the open world and go to town on the mobs. It’d be nice if those things tuck around.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: bluelaluna.6278

bluelaluna.6278

The “easy” way to get baubles from chests is gone
Way to go Anet… not!
I hate jumping puzzels and I get so dizzy trying the “square room”. I just have to quit trying
So all of us not dooing the puzzels thing cant get anymore baubles… well, then I can just get ridge of the baubles I allready have… I’m disapointet!

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Torca.5162

Torca.5162

Please bring the chests back and that you can buy 1 continue coin with 25 baubles – it was truly fun running for those chests when your writs is absolutely sore from jumping around in SAB. Also another reason to bring the chests back was that anybody could farm a few chest to get a coin and go do SAB (those that hate doing the JPs for a chance to get the coin) I am sure here are ppl that didnt even had the chance to try everyhting this event has/had to offer. Please – bring chests back

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Boinky.4092

Boinky.4092

Please bring back the chests… I dont see any rationalization for taking them out really, unless you are trying to control us into playing the little nintendo game. Im not a good jumper, not so good on dodging either… but I can see a reason to learn those skills so the nintendo thing is like work, or school, to me.. and I just go in there, like Im at a gym… I work out then I leave. I paid for GW2, not Mario Brothers. GW2 is what I want. I wish you had finished the polymock arena, made THAT a good fun game in the game… or spend your time correcting the problems that exist in GW2 before moving onto Nintendo within the game. During Halloween the gates stayed up and going throughout the event. Please give us the chests back so I can play GW2 and still benefit from Mario Brothers.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Neither the chests nor the continue coin should come back. I rather let Tyria be Tyria rather than infected with 8-bit creatures everywhere, simply because people can’t jump.

That said, you can ALWAYS enter SAB, and get 5 lives. and play as far as you can get. You will retain tools like bombs and such as well, and it saves which worlds you have unlocked. There literally are loads of ways to still go inside SAB and get baubles.

Plus the skins are in my opinion there as to show that you in fact are able to do the jumping. Same way with dungeons. If you do one dungeon alot you get that armor/weapons. Fractals has it’s own loot, storyline has it’s own loot.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Eternalight.4708

Eternalight.4708

I & the wife for a couple are in favour of the chests return despite the likelihood that they will not. As for us both we tend not to feel very well after a short time during SAB & for me thought the chests in the open world was nice knowing i can collect a few baubles here & there whilst out doing the usual things, it would also be an incentive for those that have not made it to Rata Sum to actually do so.

While i do like SAB as it brings back memories of the old days, i’d rather not push it due to my epilepsy which SAB seems to flare up.

Now that the PvE open world option is closed it just means the ones (like me) that don’t do SAB too often will have to buy skins off the trading post.

Let’s hope they drop in price

level 80 Thief – Home Sweet [Home] – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC] ~ Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Eternalight.4708)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Boinky.4092

Boinky.4092

Neither the chests nor the continue coin should come back. I rather let Tyria be Tyria rather than infected with 8-bit creatures everywhere, simply because people can’t jump.

That said, you can ALWAYS enter SAB, and get 5 lives. and play as far as you can get. You will retain tools like bombs and such as well, and it saves which worlds you have unlocked. There literally are loads of ways to still go inside SAB and get baubles.

Plus the skins are in my opinion there as to show that you in fact are able to do the jumping. Same way with dungeons. If you do one dungeon alot you get that armor/weapons. Fractals has it’s own loot, storyline has it’s own loot.

In other words, GW2 is not for everyone… so suck it up and forget playing the game the way you want to… because we have two classes of players here, the ones on the inside and the losers. I thought everybody was going to be able to play the game “the way you want to.” Hah… and I thought that the idea was to keep players from being competitive with each other, but instead cooperative… like peace and love forever. Hah. Instead we have like this, someone who is saying if you really dont want to spend you game time learning to jump then tough (Here I said a word that the gestapo apparently didnt like and changed to “kitten” – the preview wont let me change it to a slang expression for a woman’s breast). Rewards are for the “in” crowd. Why not put us in a ghetto village where we are forced to stay until we learn to jump? Or give the rest of us april fool events and christmas events and halloween events that we can actually enjoy.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

SAB isn’t all of GW2. There’s much more besides SAB. If you REALLY want a skin, then you can buy them of the TP, OR if you want to get through SAB then you can play infantile mode.

Complaining something is hard while those options are there, feels silly.

Other dungeons like Arah, Crucible of Eternity, are way harder, and those ALSO have rewards only specific for those dungeons.

Since you can say you can work together in those dungeons, you can get a run through SAB, too> Basically letting a person run to the end and die places you at the next check point, letting your party progress. And that way you can even get 1 zone done with just 5 lives. At the end of one zone you have at least 20 baubles which is another life inside the box, if you played normal mode you also get 2 baubles bubbles per zone.

You’re definitely not thinking clearly and just raging at this point.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

People need to read their mails a bit more closely. It was written out clearly that the open-world chests were a one day thing.

I’m of the opinion that if you want the rewards then you need to do the content associated with it.. or I guess grind money and buy them off the TP. But really, there are no hard jumps at all with zone 1. Run that with your characters and you get two bubbles per toon… that’s at least 10 per day if you have 5 characters. Even zone 2 requires no difficult jumps. Neither zone requires you to do any fancy dodging or fighting of monsters.

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

While I love the SAB, the open world chests were loads of fun to come across while doing dailies or leveling an alt. It is an incredible shame to to lose those after such a short time. The other holiday chests stayed around much longer and I don’t understand why these were implemented differently. Why limit something that was just down-right FUN?

(edited by Mala.3861)

in Super Adventure Box

Posted by: RedJoker.4206

RedJoker.4206

When I saw that the chests were removed, I wasn’t overtly upset. A lil sad though. Was kinda nice to go about doing my dailies etc etc, seeing one of these and grabbing some baubles. And while I can probably grind SAB to get the skins, I don’t really want to have to.

I enjoyed SAB, but sinking an excessive amount of time in it will eventually make it lose its appeal. Having the chests kept you aware and part of the event while still chasing after dead drops, a big eyed Charr and Norn with a terrible haircut.

I am looking forward to the rest of the SAB coming out so we can save that princess!!!

We are men!